Zoho Invoice

100% free online invoicing tool for freelancers and SMBs.

4.6/5

Thobane V.
  • Industry: Design

Great App

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Zoho invoice makes it easier for me to create invoices on the go and be able to share them with my customers and also be able to track the transactions and history for all my clients

Pros

What I like the most about Zoho invoice is that it is easy to use and has all the necessary tools that you will need to create, send and file proper invoices

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that it’s a bit difficult to access the Control Panel and be able to configure some of the settings

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Invoice

It is much easier to use and also customize also has cheaper eco system of other services

Response from Zoho

Dear Thobane,

Thanks for the review!

We are glad to know that you are able to create invoices on-the-go and share it with your customers easily.

Regarding accessing the settings, we love to know more on which part of the configuration you found to be a little hard to reach. You can reach out to [email protected] when you have the time and we shall pass on your feedback to our design team.

Alex F.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent for entrepreneurs, CRM integration

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Pros

Zoho invoice is practically must-have if you use Zoho CRM. The integration is good and it has at least 90% of the features any small to medium business would want. It has a generous free tier so you can invoice your first few clients before subscribing.

Cons

The CRM integration is good although somewhat tricky to initialize. It's easy to get sync problems between this CRM and invoice accounts.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Invoice

Zoho invoice is integrated strongly with zoho CRM

FreshBooks

Response from Zoho

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot for the detailed review on Zoho Invoice and our native integration with Zoho CRM. We're happy to know you like it!

Feel free to share your feedback anytime to support[at]zohoinvoice[dot]com

The Zoho Invoice Team

Alex K.
  • Industry: Media Production

• Customer Support Software

Zoho invoice makes estimates & invoices easy

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

My overall experience with Zoho Invoice has been great.

Pros

I like how you can setup the templates and integrate a variety of payment options. The online portal makes it easy for the client end to manage payments and stay informed on what is going on.

Cons

I wish it would integrate with quickbooks easier. Also it would be easier of it had some sort of e-sign option for clients to sign the terms page on invoices.

Response from Zoho

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We are thrilled to hear your feedback :)

We are sorry that we don't have a direct integration with QB as of now. However, you can take a look at Zoho Books if you are interested.

Regarding e-signing, it's currently available for estimates (your clients can sign your estimate to accept it) but not for invoices. If you'd like to know more about this, feel free to reach out to [email protected]

The Zoho Invoice Team

Jorge david C.

IDEAL AND EXCELLENT FOR BILLING SMALL BUSINESSES

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Depending on your business, billing is very easy and affordable for services, schedules and articles

Pros

For young employees it is easy enough to add the products and their costs, and i can keep track of the schedules that have been created and included from the office or the cellular device, in addition to that I can send my clients the invoices by email in PDF formats

Cons

I am somewhat general about the billing information, and it may only be a whim of mine, but I would like to have more control of the information in my invoices. For example, my start time, end time, assignment name and some notes I want to write for each assignment billed to my clients

Response from Zoho

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for reviewing Zoho Invoice. We are happy to know Zoho Invoice has been helping you with your business invoicing.

Regarding your requirement, we presume that you would like to have separate fields for all the information. If that's the case, you can use custom fields to capture additional information. In case this is not what you are looking for, do write to [email protected], our support team will be more than happy to assist you with your requirement.

Cheers,
Zoho Invoice Team

Ashwini P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

A best invoicing app so far

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

We are drafting and sending monthly and annual invoices of our restaurants to our clients online without requiring them to visit them physically, which has saved our time and effort to a great extent.

Pros

Zoho Invoice is super simple to sign up and start using it immediately. Also, it is very easier to create, send, and track the invoices with its user-friendly dashboard.

Cons

I found it a hard time to change the currency of any specific invoice, and also customizing invoices as per the need is a bit confusing.

Response from Zoho

Dear Ashwini,

Thanks for reviewing us.

We are glad to know you find Zoho Invoice helpful to manage your monthly and annual invoices.

Regarding changing the currency and customizing the invoices, we would love to get in touch and help you out quickly.

Kindly drop an email to [email protected] so that we can schedule a call at your convenient time.

The Zoho Invoice team

Gabriel M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Very sleek and simple, but is it worth the price?

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

Pros

What I absolutely love about this product is the simplicity of the interface, and the ease of which I can customize my invoices and organize my clients. Its really nice to be able to have everything you need to invoice all in one central location. (address book, invoice editor, payment organization and tracking, etc) I also love that the interface itself changes based on your personal branding, and that it incorporates that into your invoices, so that your clients see something cohesive and professional (once they open the email attachments) without you having to do much work behind the scenes to make it happen.

Cons

It is definitely handy to have all of your tools in one place, however all of those things I could also do myself almost as easily. This app saves you time setting up for sure, but once you have your own templates in other editing software such as InDesign or Microsoft word, it makes this platform almost obsolete. The advantage of having a central location is almost not worth the price, and I am thinking of just going back to doing my own work. I am also not a fan of the emails that get sent to my clients with Zoho branding (they see my branding and invoice after clicking to open a link, which is a bit redundant). I would like to see this app step up their game with something a little more innovative to make the price worth it, or reduce the price of the software. It's just not worth it by my standards.

Elise R.

Great Value For the Money

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

I've used Zoho from it's free version to where my business has needed to evolve to the paid tiers. It's a great solution for smaller businesses and I enjoy all of the online functionality that it affords us. The ability to accept payments online and create an entire estimate to invoice system has been invaluable. Support is good too.

Pros

Easy to setup and start invoicing. I like the online payment features and customer portals. Ability to approve and decline estimates online is really helpful and I like that it will auto-invoice.

Cons

Can be difficult to find template settings if you're not familiar with it. Can be hard to find some of their great features. For example, they have pre-set functionality that you can insert into the templates that I wasn't looking at because it was named something else.

Response from Zoho

Hi Elise,

Thank you so much for the review!

It's good to know that you are able to manage estimates, invoices and payments through Zoho Invoice.

Regarding the templates, if you could drop an email to [email protected], it would be great! We like to know the features and functionalities that you found difficult to find, so that we can enhance your experience further.

Jinal S.

• Customer Support Software

Zoho Invoice has excellent customer service

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

We've been using Zoho Invoice for almost 2+ years. Without them, it would have been quite challenging to send estimates to customers. Their software is very easy to use. They have several email automation features that allow you to create workflows etc. so you can automatically follow up with prospects. Great product for growing businesses.

Pros

Easy to use with little or no training

Cons

Not scalable for product for e-commerce businesses selling products but great for service based companies

• Industry: Management Consulting

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 01/12/2018

Zoho Invoice as a stand alone product is great. If it integrated well with the other Zoho products, it would be much better.

Pros

Zoho invoice has a clean interface and is very intuitive. The time tracking feature is the best we've found, especially on the mobile app.

Cons

It did not integrate well with the other Zoho products like Zoho CRM. It required alot of double data entry.

Karan C.

• Customer Support Software

Business the Zoho Way !!!

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

If you are into any Business and do not have Zoho you are missing the entire point of having an effective business :) easy to manage invoices in a click and a Mobile App to manage on the go has made things more empowering for my business !!!

Pros

The Mobile App is the best as I like to use that to send on the Go Invoices and I feel happy when the payment comes in and notification is there :) so happy times

Cons

Need to have the facility to see if the client has viewed the invoice which is missing and adding this would a big thing !!!

Paulina N.

• Customer Support Software

It is a great accounting and financial platform for small and medium businesses.

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

It is a great platform for a start up businesses and freelancers. It provides a well-featured accounting tool for professionals who don't need to manage bank accounts or balance sheet assets. It is good at tracking all of the marketing efforts and capturing all the sales. Very useful when dealing with clients from other countries, using different languages and currencies.

Pros

This platform allows to create and manage personalized invoices. It is great for a start up businesses and freelancers. It allows to manage and monitor the invoices, share them with customers as well customize them for your own business. What is really awesome it is the fact that this platform allows to make invoices in different languages and currencies. The system is well designed and it enables users to create their own forms and generate invoices with their company logo and etc. It is easy to use, helps to time track all your own expenses as well receive payments from your clients. It is integrated with PayPal, PayPal Payflow, Authorize.Net. All its data is protected and available to be recovered at any time because it is stored at the local server.

Cons

The customization was a problem at the beginning. I experienced some difficulty while customizing templates. However, their website has a customer review section where you can write about your problems or concerns and they give a valuable feed back.

Elaine H.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

I have been using Zoho Invoice for the past 4 years. It is very easy to use and always being updated to give a better user experience. The reports are very helpful to run my business. I highly recommend anyone to use this for their business.

Pros

Online

Cons

nothin

Dinars K.

• Customer Support Software

Great application and features for any business

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

Before I discover Zoho, I have tried a lot of other time tracking and counting softwares and app's. But I was not completely satisfied with provided options, was look one after another software which could satisfy my needs, and I found and keep using Zoho. I'ts very friendly for beginners - free service. Best software in my experience, recommend to use it.

Pros

easy to use and overview all the information.

Cons

free for beginners

Anderson G.

Great SMB Invoicing Software

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

Im a small business on the go and I cannot operate without Zoho Invoice software. The recurring invoicing and mobile app makes it very efficient to work with

Pros

Recurring Invoices

Cons

Mobile App Payment is too many steps.

Lisa P.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Small business win!

Reviewed on 01/09/2018

Before Zozo Invoice I was typing up invoices as individual documents. This is fine when it's only a few, but as there are more it can't work anymore. I'm not very disciplined at digital filing, and I spend too much time going through emails to see what I sent, when I sent it and for how much. Having my invoices together in one place that I can access from anywhere is AWESOME.

Pros

I love the professional, consistent look, and that all my invoices are organized and tracked. There are lots of little moving parts in my small one-person business, and sometimes I get behind on invoicing, or following up on unpaid invoices. It seems crazy to drop the ball on this part of a business, but it happens, and it makes me look bad. Zoho Invoice is my automated assistant, helping me get more done, more efficiently and following up on details I sometimes miss.

I also love that I can invoice from different organizations in one place. I have kids in school and volunteer for several different groups, and everything is here! What a time-saver! No more searching email and printing everything!

Cons

I haven't integrated this with monday.com yet, but I'm excited about it.

Perfect for freelancers!

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

Pros

I'm an indie author, but I also offer freelance editing, formatting, and other help to fellow authors. Since those can be more expensive as they take a lot of time, I prefer to allow payments whenever possible. With other systems, allowing payments was on the higher tier plans, so they were out of my budget. With Zoho, sending recurring invoices is right in the free plan. Not only that, but EVERYTHING is. You are only limited by how many customers you can have on the lower plans, and not having a custom domain. For a small start-up like me, it's perfect.

Cons

As with all Zoho services, support leaves a lot to be desired. The systems are easy to learn, so it works out okay, but do expect that if you need help, you'll be waiting awhile. My emails to support get answered weeks later with "Sorry, this went to the wrong support box" or something similar. Some never get answered at all. Again, the Zoho products are super user-friendly, so this isn't so much of a con as more of an advance notice that you'll be mostly on your own to figure things out, but it's possible.

• Customer Support Software

Simple invoicing solution for small businesses

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Pros

Simple, cloud based invoicing system that can be accessed anywhere. Nice clean interface with some very professional invoice templates available as standard. Well priced and good uptime.

Cons

I would often come across features I needed that simply weren't available in Zoho Invoice and required me to rather move over to the more expansive Zoho Books instead.

I love this software

Reviewed on 29/03/2019

Pros

So Zoho was not my first choice with accounting and invoicing software but I am so glad I switched to it. This software allows me to invoice on the go right from my phone or ipad. It makes invoicing seamless and effortless.

Cons

I have used the software for a good year and I have yet to find a downfall of it.

Windy P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Okay-ish

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Pros

Its cheap if you just need a simple invoice system.

Cons

Its definitely not user friendly. If you're not a computer savvy then you better go to invoiced.com

Adel F.

Just Brillian

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

Zoho Invoicing is the best subscription service invoicing and quoting system I have used. The cost of the monthly subscription is very competetive and the platform is extremely reliable and the app on iOS or Android is fantastic.

Pros

App access on phone/tablet, ease of use and reliability

Cons

The android app isnt as fluid/polished as th ios

Howard K.

• Customer Support Software

It's like having a multitude of departments working for you 24 hours a day.

Reviewed on 01/06/2017

Improvements in efficiency and productivity.

Pros

It (zoho) thinks and acts like a business that knows your business. Existing services follow best practices and each new service that's been added is well thought-out and functional. My business has increased its efficiency and productivity using the Invoice component from its earliest days.

Joyzen marie D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

EVERY BUSINESS NEEDS

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

ordering makes easy, payment and budgeting, sales and invoicing all easy. I am very much satisfied. thank u so much

Pros

easy to use

Cons

sometimes network server error

Shikhil S.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

Zoho invoice makes life really easier. Makes invoicing quick and automated with great UI!

Reviewed on 18/08/2017

- Quick invoicing
- Automation when required
- Updates about Government tax regulations

Pros

It's all-round solution that integrates well with other Zoho products. The main Pro's would be:

1. Simple to use
2. Automatically keeps updated with latest government tax updates
3. Can be automated
4. Great UI with possibility to customize almost every thing
5. Feature rich

Cons

While there are not a lot of them, a few include:

1. There are so many features that one gets confused sometimes
2. Sometimes you have to navigate too much to reach the right setting area for a particular feature

Adriana V.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

I love it and I use the free version and is enough for my needs!

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Pros

- Easy to use
- Beautiful templates for my invoices and quotes.
- My clients can pay easily with Paypal with the link they receive automatically online.
- I can easily setup recurring invoices and receive the payments with Paypal.

Cons

I use the free version because the upgrade is too expensive for a small business like mine.

Dan G.

• Customer Support Software

Flawless, easy to use, full-featured

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

Recurring billing, ease of changing and billing, great reporting, integration to other Zoho products.

Pros

Zoho makes it easy to import from other systems. The application offers flexibility and extensive features without compromising simplicity of use.

Cons

In over a year, we've yet to run into something we do not like. It's a struggle to find a complaint-this is obviously a mature application.