BenchmarkONE

CRM & Marketing for small businesses and marketing agencies.

4.4 /5 (151 reviews) Write a Review!

George G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

The happy lil' secret in the automated marketing world!

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Allows a small marketing outfit to punch above its weight and focus follow-on efforts on the more high-valued prospects.

Pros

Hatchbuck is great. What? I need to write more? ok. It allows you to create or upload documents, you can include them as well as links into emails, and then combine emails into campaigns where they are delivered at preset times. But that's far from all! Hatchbuck monitors the customer's interactions with your email and awards score points (defined by you) for various activities like visting your website, reading an email, downloading a document or clicking on a link. So when you open Hb you can review the current scores and follow up with the prospects who are raising their hands the furthest. But, there's more! Where Hb 'really' excels is in the logic of these campaigns. For example... if you have a campaign for general interest which you are sending to a generic group and a customer evinces particular interest in your offering (clicks or downloads a lot) Hb logic can detect this and move him to a more aggressive sales campaign. Hb can notify you for any specific buying signal. Hb can send the customer (again, automatically) additional materials based on actions ("oh, you like case studies, eh, take a look at this one") . If you do the campaigns correctly Hb is really a 'fire and forget' homing missile. It has a tremendous number of features (searching and segmentation are awesome) and because of its price structure, it really allows a small company to punch waaaay above its weight class. I'm happy!

Cons

A few things. I'm not crazy about the HTML design tool. (Or, perhaps, I'm a lousy designer?) It seems too old-fashioned. You can get false positives from the lead score system -- especially if you email to high security places like financial institutions whose bots click on everything to test your email for spy/malware. Its awkward to try to call a super high scoring customer who 'appears' fascinated with your content only to learn that he left 6 months ago and the bots are still screening his email. :-(

Bob S.
  • Industry: Warehousing

• Customer Support Software

Hatchbuck power user going on third year...

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

There are tons of cloud-based CRM platforms out there to choose from. None offer the full package and scope of mail marketing and contact traceability that Hatchbuck offers. The competition costs much more and offers much less.

Pros

Email campaign tracking, social network linking, deal tracking, open, click, and interaction charting. No CRM since Goldmine in the 90's has made it so easy to create email campaigns on the fly based on contact response and interaction. And Goldmine was (and still is) ridiculously cumbersome and expensive to use, program, and manage. Hatchbuck is not. And unlike Constant Contact, the emails that go out through Hatchbuck don't look canned...they look like they could be one-off emails sent from one human to another.

Cons

It isn't an email client, meaning, you can't send and receive emails using Hatchbuck. The Task reminder functionality isn't awesome. I'm not a huge fan of teal...you can't tweet directly from Hatchbuck...I'm reaching now...

Jenna M.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Great CRM for Small Business

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Hatchbuck offers a tiered pricing plan, which is great for small businesses trying and starting a CRM program.

Pros

It's hard to beat the features and price of Hatchbuck. The program does well two features that a small business really needs: contact management and email marketing.

Cons

The CRM offerings are very basic. If you are looking for a ton of features with your CRM, then Hatchbuck may not be the best CRM for you.

Katherine D.

• Customer Support Software

A World Class Marketing and Managing Solution to Create Meaningful Relationships

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

The entire Hatcbuck engagement process is world class! Starting with its marketing website to setting up our account and subsequent customer service, the Hatchbuck team has been responsive and the system is more powerful than I could ever expect! In addition to providing innovative and intuitive technology, Hatchbuck also provides great resources and guides that help to create a coherent strategy for managing emerging and existing clients. The Hatchbuck logic model for interacting with our contacts, including educating them on our products and services, makes our team more efficient and effective.

I researched a lot of CRM's that also integrate marketing features. I have previous experience using multiple systems for contact management, event management, and communications management, which was overwhelming and became a job to maintain. Hatcbuck includes all of this functionality accessible through a single platform. This is amazing, and I am happy I selected Hatchbuck to support our Marketing Team, Sales Team and Account Managers.

Pros

It is intuitive and is built upon a solid logic model.

Cons

It takes a little bit of time to understand all of the features available and how to access them. But, the videos and webinars help a lot!

Tim R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

2nd best ROI you can make! Seriously!

Reviewed on 19/06/2015

Pros

We looked at many other services, including Salesforce and Infusionsoft. Both of those offered a ton of features, 75% of which we didn't need, including the cost. We have found that Hatchbuck had BY FAR the best training, and the easiest interface. We have 1 dedicated employee running HB, and after 1 month, we have literally lit 20% of our ice cold leads on fire! Hatchbuck is like napalm for your sales leads. Gets them hot and keep it that way. We have learned that by staying in front of your customers, it at the least, allows you to stay in the game against your competitors. Prior to HB, we were MANUALLY SENDING EMAILS 1x1 via Gmail. We thought we had this under control until 75% of our cold leads had purchased from our competitor due to our lack of communication. If you are considering a way to build a relationship with every potential lead, seriously, don't hesitate!

Cons

The only thing we don't like is that they can't directly reply to the email form a campaign. Maybe there is a way, but we are only 1 month in.

Michael D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

My Experience with Hatchbuck

Reviewed on 28/09/2015

Pros

The ability to send out blast emails but keep the subject personalized. This is very handy when marketing and trying to get your information in front of thousands of potential clients. I also love the ability to track email statistics and keep an eye on what emails have the best responses and open rates.

Cons

Seems that a lot of the emails go into junk mail when coming from Hatchbuck. Even when hatchbuck emails me it goes into my junk folder. Additionally i would like to see a better way for potential clients to see who the email is coming from. Since i am on Hatchbucks server it will read on behalf of *(senders name) instead of from *(sender)

Lori F.

• Customer Support Software

Easy button for marketing automation

Reviewed on 17/07/2014

Pros

Hatchbuck's features were well thought out, so while the feature set is limited, everything is tight and works as designed. My favorite feature is the "hot prospect" alerts emailed to me when a prospect or web visitor hits a lead score I have predetermined. I don't have to be in front of a computer to do my followups. The Hatchbuck team gives amazing customer service, too. They actually answer their phones and respond to emails promptly.

Cons

I would like to see a mobile app and the ability to integrate with other common business apps (like QuickBooks). But, I have been told those are on the road map.

John B.

I Use Hatchbuck for Mid Level Marketing Automation and Email Marketing

Reviewed on 06/05/2015

Pros

The best thing about Hatchbuck is that it is very easy to use. Many marketing automation platforms are very complex and require a good amount of technical knowledge. But with Hatchbuck that is not an issue. The integration between the email platform and CRM is native making this very simple.

Cons

It is not the most comprehensive, so if you are looking for a very detailed platform then go with Marketo, Pardot or Eloqua. These are more robust, but are not for everyone.
The platform could probably have a little more flexibility with tagging options.

Neal H.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Hatchbuck makes work easier

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

Overall, I'm pleased with hatchbuck. I tried a lot of CRM programs. I think hatchbuck has the best bang for the buck.

Pros

It's easy to use, flexible and intuitive. The interface is simple. The latest version includes a new dashboard with lots of information available instantly.

Cons

Sometimes support seems a little lacking but that could just be because I didn't word my question well.

Fantastic software with so many features!

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Pros

I love Hatchbuck because it is fairly easy to use, but also has several different features and capapbilities.

Cons

Sometimes there is too much to process when it comes to all of the features, however, thesre are several articles and videos to help remedy that.

Gina T.

Well-made marketing product

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Pros

My team and I have had a pretty great experience with this software so far and will definitely continue to use it. It is very easy to implement.

Cons

As compared to other similar marketing automation softwares I’ve worked with this one leans a tad bit on the pricey side.

Ashley A.

• Customer Support Software

Love their customer service!

Reviewed on 05/02/2016

Great tool. Hatchbuck offers a huge arsenal of tools and features with a super low price point. Creating email campaigns, designing templates, and organizing contacts into relevant groups is really simple and there's also a robust reporting dashboard. I also love the "tasks" function.

I'm really impressed by their level of customer service. Our initial consultant, Lindsay, answered every last minute email and used her expertise to offer advice on email timing, subject lines, and calls to action. Recently, I ran a large campaign, and needed to connect with the support desk. Within a couple minutes, Eric got back to me. Instead of just giving direction to solve my issue, he happily went in and took care of it after walking me through the issue on the phone. I feel like we're all friends now :)

Overall, Hatchbuck offers a user-friendly, robust tool with a great team to support you.

Jen P.

Entrepreneur: Third Growing Business

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

I've just launched my third business of my career. What I would have given to have Hatchbuck when I opened my first? Such an easy to use + relevant marketing machine for a growing business! It provides all the automation & functionality I need without wasting my time with bells & whistles that don't deliver. The support team IS AMAZING! I feel like Hatchbuck wants my business to succeed as much as I do! I get just what I need over the phone + videos + helpful links to walk me through anything I might want to dig deeper into. The company is extremely organized and professional. And the price is more than fair for what they deliver. And the more I grow, the system will grow with my team and vision. Couldn't say enough about how happy I am with my decision. It's a no-brainer to partner with Hatchbuck.

John C.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for folks looking for affordable Hubspot like functionality

Reviewed on 08/09/2016

Pros

We moved from Hubspot to Hatchbuck to reduce our monthly CRM costs. We found that Hatchbuck did more than what we could do with our basic Hubspot version for a lot less cash. Right now we have triggered email activities for customers based on a customer's actions which we would have had to triple our Hubspot spend to get. All in all we're quite happy with the tools.

Cons

I wish there were an app or a responsive website to access the data. It makes the tool cumbersome to release to outside sales folks who aren't at their desks all day.

Mark B.

CRM made simple

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Great for small scale companies.

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to use and implement. You need to setup marketing campaigns and templates for the tool to work properly for you. This tool helps you send periodic marketing efforts to your CRM contacts.

Laura K.

Marketing Gamechanger

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Pros

I love the fact that you're able to get so much data from your website and whatever integrations you set up with Hatchbuck.

Cons

I wish for my e-commerce client that you could incorporate abandoned cart emails.

Jeremy D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

2 thumbs up for Hatchbuck

Reviewed on 15/09/2015

Pros

I like the fact I have unlimited users at a flat rate and that Hatchbuck is a basic CRM and email marketing platform in 1

Cons

Would like the CRM to have more features such as the ability to customize dashboard further

Sarah B.

Hatchbuck as a Lead Warming Tool

Reviewed on 10/02/2016

Our product relies heavily on customer education - Hatchbuck makes the process of educating our customers so incredibly simple! The ability to track which articles are read more frequently is an absolute God-send. The web-page tracking and online forms helps us to convert web visitors to customers as well as helping us to market our webinars simpler (we can even push it out on social media!). We have tried several other tools before landing with Hatchbuck, we can't imaging how difficult our marketing efforts would be without them! HIPAAtrek loves Hatchbuck!

Stacy I.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

Hatchbuck is an essential marketing tool for our communication needs!

Reviewed on 22/07/2014

Pros

I love that I can send out one email to a multitude of potential clients and track them to see who is interested in our content! I like using the tags and sectioning out my contacts. I like that I can set up automated emails and want to make my emails more automated in time.

Cons

I wish I knew if my emails were going unread or to a spam folder.

Austin D.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Hatchbuck is so awesome.

Reviewed on 06/12/2014

Pros

Hatchbuck has helped us organize our business. I love how on top of things I feel in my day-to-day activities.

Cons

We have had to put a lot of effort in to get the product loaded with our client information. However, this is mostly a reflection of how disorganized we were to begin with!

Joel T.

Just what we needed

Reviewed on 08/02/2016

Our small business was looking for a solution that was easy to setup and use, economical, and on-the-go. We found it in Hatchbuck.

It's easy to find a contact or group of contacts through filtering. The integrated email is pretty smooth, too ... and I love the analytics. I also appreciate that this is web-based so we have access anywhere (though I do wish it were mobile-friendly).

Jim R.

• Customer Support Software

Great but room for improvement

Reviewed on 11/02/2016

Love this product. For the price it is as good as it gets. Would like to see an App as well as the ability to add a form into an email. Add these two options and it is 5 stars all day!!! Customer service is phenomenal and the introductory coaching sessions are great. Lindsey Stroud did a wonderful job getting me up and going!! Thanks Hatchbuck.

• Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

You get what you pay for

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Pros

- Improvements have been seen since initial use.
- Relatively inexpensive

Cons

- Chat-based customer service
- Inability to embed video in email
- Inability to export email templates

Becky S.

• Customer Support Software

Hatchbuck is perfect for small businesses looking for growth without the expenses of SalesForce

Reviewed on 05/02/2016

Hatchbuck has allowed us to combine our marketing and CRM into one easy-to-use tool. Staying in touch with our clients and prospects has never been easier. Perfect CRM/Marketing Automation for small businesses. Everything you need without the price tag of the big players with all the extras that small businesses don't typically use.

• Customer Support Software

Great CRM for a great value!

Reviewed on 19/06/2015

We have been using Hatchbuck for a month now & it has been very easy to navigate, upload contacts and create email campaigns. Hatchbuck's CRM is a great tool and an even better value for a small business!

Pros

Katie has been great - helping us through our demos and answering all of our questions very quickly! We love the ability to create forms and campaigns so easily.

Cons

Can't think of any - it's a very user friendly CRM with many options and templates.