BenchmarkONE

CRM & Marketing for small businesses and marketing agencies.

4.4 /5 (150 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.4
4.2
4.5
4.6
Peter P.

Hatchbuck hits a sweet spot

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Sales engagement and qualification

Pros

Very good value for the money. The scoring is very helpful in qualifying prospects and interest.

Cons

Not much. It hits the highlights and is affordable.

Pat K.

Haven't had a bad experience with it yet, awesome CRM

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Amazing experience, software is easy to use. The support team is awesome, anytime I have a question they respond quickly and politely. They make me feel like one of their top clients, even though I'm nowhere near that.

Pros

Email Drop Campaigns
Email Templates Provided
Easy to Use

Cons

The only gripe (it's small) that I have is that you can't have a more broad view of your customer database. It only allows 100 per page and wish it could zoom out more, so I could see more customers in front of me at once.

Susan B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

You Won't Be Disappointed With Hatchbuck!

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

I'd recommend Hatchbuck to anyone looking for a sleek, easy to use platform that handles both your CRM and Email Campaigns.

Pros

I love the ease of creating email templates, especially with the new update, and being able to track their success as soon as they are sent out. I primarily use it for creating email campaigns and tracking contacts who click through. It's a very organized system with ways to easily find contacts and emails. While the older version definitely had some kinks, I think they did an awesome job with the update I've found it much more user-friendly. Also it is a bit pricey, but it is a CRM and email campaign creator/tracking tool so I think it's worth it.

Cons

Again, with the old version, the email building templates were difficult to use, especially compared to MailChimp. Much improvement has been made to make the process much easier. It was frustrating to have to create new templates since the old ones were rendered useless. Sometimes it's a bit hard to navigate through the system, looking for the exact data or rare thing you might need or filter you might want, the good thing is their support is outstanding and always there to help.

Don P.

Hatchbuck Helps Drive Enrollment Growth for University at Albany's Weekend MBA Program

Reviewed on 05/02/2016

Adopting the Hatchbuck CRM a year and a half ago has transformed and modernized the marketing, and hence the recruiting, for UAlbany's executive Weekend MBA Program. We were able to automate many tasks that had to be previously performed manually.

We created landing pages which automatically filled records in Hatchbuck when they were submitted and we tied campaigns to certain actions so that we were able to quickly respond to prospects who were looking for information on the program. Setting up campaigns also enabled us to send relevant messages to contacts in a timely fashion, a feature unavailable in our last CRM. Through campaigns, we were also able to recognize individuals' milestones and follow up on program events, to name a couple of uses.

The task feature is also helpful for keeping track of important action items and scheduling them at the most opportune time.

The onboarding process took several weeks and we were able to successfully overcome a few speed bumps along the way. Overall, the customer service has been very good, especially during the time that I was learning the software.

I don't consider myself to be technically savvy but the software was very intuitive to use and the customer support was quick to respond if you had a question.

After two years of declining enrollments, Hatchbuck, along with other factors, played a key role in the program experiencing a nearly 60% enrollment increase over the previous year. That, coupled with the time savings and added efficiency, has made it a very wise investment for the program. It is an investment that returns considerable dividends daily!

Stan G.

Automate our marketing stuff

Reviewed on 15/07/2018

Pros

Hatchbuck helps us with marketing emails. It helps defining campaigns easily and let our sales team manage prospects within its CRM tool.

Cons

Can help sending emails and helps with marketing activities including assigning to-dos to team. Provides good statistics for our team.

Joseph S.

Hatchbuck Review

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Keeping track of large amounts of people in the sales funnel.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support, tracking web visits of folks in our email database.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like.

Aubrey B.

Awesome Sauce

Reviewed on 29/05/2015

I use hatchbuck for all of my clients and always recommend it when someone mentions that they are looking for a cost-effective alternative to their pricier software. Hatchbuck provides all the bells and whistles that more expensive softwares charge an arm and a leg for, but at the perfect price point. My favorite feature is that the tool will locate a contact's social media profiles FOR you. This saves a lot of time in doing research as to what platforms you should be on.

Pros

Cost, features, customer support is free, there's no limit on the number of emails I can send like other softwares

Cons

There are a few minor features that I'd like to see added, which is the only reason for 4 out of 5 stars. However, based on conversations I've had with their team, it sounds like many of them will be coming very soon!

Brad B.

Great Email platform and CRM for small businesses

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

If you're a small business and you're using it as a CRM it's worth looking into.

Pros

We were able to send large emails batches and weren't as restricted as other platforms. Easy to pull stats, reports, and data.

Cons

We had decent sending results, but towards the end of us using it as our primary email service our results were atrocious. We had a great sender reputation, great sending results, but horrid numbers. When we looked asked other businesses that used Hatchbuck they weren't having any issues and they were sending more emails that we were. We never got a good answer as to why and what was the problem.

Dominick G.

Easy play, easy go with Hatchbuck.

Reviewed on 05/02/2016

I was able to load up my contacts, design and prepare, then launch campaigns very quickly and without much trouble.
The training and support along the way was effective and spot on, and I received pro-active communications to optimize the performances.
My questions to the team were always responded promptly and followed-up rapidly.

On the con side, the tool lacks a few capabilities including the creation of custom-landing pages, or being able to use an existing contact page more easily, which would be nice. Optimization can require some technical skills too.
Overall, a cool solution that is well worth its investment at a fraction of the price of competitors, and a friendly team to help navigate the first steps.

★keisha P.
  • Industry: Online Media

Hatchbuck simplifies my life

Reviewed on 01/06/2015

I use Hatchbuck daily for one of my clients. It's essential to my work flow and truthfully, I'm not sure how things would go for this client if I had to work without it. It simplifies everything. Sending emails is a snap, correcting their client information is quick and easy, and everything I need to measure ROI is right there.

Pros

Customer support rocks. Anytime I don't know how to do anything, our consultant is quick to answer emails and send me in the right direction.

Cons

Searching for contacts is a little difficult, but once you master it, it's not too bad.

Mercedita R.

The Product is Good and the Customer Support Makes it Great

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

Hatchback customer support is the most responsive I have experienced when today is all about automation. Hatchuck doesn't just sell you a platform and then walk away leaving you hanging having to pay additional costs for training, transition, and maintenance. They hold your hand through training, accept calls when needed, are generous about giving their time and follow up with additional information so that you get the whole solution.

George G.

Hatchbuck is great for our needs

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

Working for a small digital agency, I didn't have the budget to afford one of the mainstream CRMs with automation and a lot of the more affordable services didn't offer both a CRM and Marketing Automation that would be integratabtle. Hatchbuck has done just this. Marketing automation consisting of just the right amount of tools to get the job done and seamless CRM integration.

Pros

Attractive and intuitive user interface
Good Price
Attentive customer service
Easy to use marketing automation tools with templates

Cons

Emails should have the option to be viewed in a browser window
Tasks should be able to be created for email opens

Lauren C.

Casual user

Reviewed on 12/09/2014

Pros

I like the simplicity of the product, despite it having so may features. The vendor's customer service people seem very on top of things.

Cons

No complaints here. Everything worked excellently; the product and the vendor were both extremely helpful.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Cheap and helps you do what's necessary for a small business

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Pros

The platform is super easy to use. The email builder is drag and drop and can easily be learned. The A/B testing feature where you can see live who opens the email is pretty cool too.

Cons

Reporting features are not that sophisticated. For the price, I think the software is pretty worth it. It is a good start for an emerging small business.

Ashley A.

Great value and customer support

Reviewed on 18/06/2015

10X Lab has been using Hatchbuck for sales purposes for a little over a month. We're able to navigate through the platform with ease and upload contacts quickly. Lind

Pros

Lindsey is an amazing resource! She was able to walk our team through "demos" of the platform multiple times and answers any questions we have. Super simple, easy user interface. Much less cluttered than Salesforce.

Cons

Sometimes I'll get booted off and have to login again, but rarely.

Matt S.

Intuitive, easy to use, and top-notch on boarding

Reviewed on 05/02/2016

Having used and done demos with 5 other CRM's, I can confidently say that Hatchbuck has everything a small- to medium- sized business needs without additional distractions. On-boarding process was second to none.

Amy W.

Great Product with Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 12/02/2016

Hatchbuck is great - exactly what my mid-sized agency needed to track our marketing activity. After years of being frustrated with Salesforce support staff, working with the team here was a breath of fresh air.

Matt K.

Helps with Inbound Marketing

Reviewed on 07/02/2017

Hatchbuck software helps us with tracking and managing our Inbound marketing. New leads can submit details via forms on our website. Hatchbuck tracks these leads and gives us a summarized reports. Our sales team can also manage the deals within Hatchbuck.

Pros

Good for managing deals and email templates for our clients.

Jasvin G.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Affordable + Pragmatic marketing solution = Hatchbuck

Reviewed on 30/06/2018

Pros

Ideal for small institutions and offering CRM program with the basic features, Helping hand to personalize and manage contacts and feeds.

Cons

Not custom made on business needs, and definitely not the best CRM products, No mobile support and access data for outside sales force.

Allison G.

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

Penni R.

Easy to keep track of contacts on a daily basis.

Reviewed on 05/02/2016

Once I got the hang of tags it was easy. Now I use this system daily to keep up with my clients.

Robert D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Hatchbuck

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Pros

Works well for marketing, helps to optimize SEO and sends information out on the web well. Customer service is great.

Cons

Would not recommend simply because of the price versus what you get in return. I will not continue to use this product.

Mark N.

Reviewed on 18/06/2015

Marc T.

Reviewed on 19/06/2015

George G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The happy lil' secret in the automated marketing world!

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Allows a small marketing outfit to punch above its weight and focus follow-on efforts on the more high-valued prospects.

Pros

Hatchbuck is great. What? I need to write more? ok. It allows you to create or upload documents, you can include them as well as links into emails, and then combine emails into campaigns where they are delivered at preset times. But that's far from all! Hatchbuck monitors the customer's interactions with your email and awards score points (defined by you) for various activities like visting your website, reading an email, downloading a document or clicking on a link. So when you open Hb you can review the current scores and follow up with the prospects who are raising their hands the furthest. But, there's more! Where Hb 'really' excels is in the logic of these campaigns. For example... if you have a campaign for general interest which you are sending to a generic group and a customer evinces particular interest in your offering (clicks or downloads a lot) Hb logic can detect this and move him to a more aggressive sales campaign. Hb can notify you for any specific buying signal. Hb can send the customer (again, automatically) additional materials based on actions ("oh, you like case studies, eh, take a look at this one") . If you do the campaigns correctly Hb is really a 'fire and forget' homing missile. It has a tremendous number of features (searching and segmentation are awesome) and because of its price structure, it really allows a small company to punch waaaay above its weight class. I'm happy!

Cons

A few things. I'm not crazy about the HTML design tool. (Or, perhaps, I'm a lousy designer?) It seems too old-fashioned. You can get false positives from the lead score system -- especially if you email to high security places like financial institutions whose bots click on everything to test your email for spy/malware. Its awkward to try to call a super high scoring customer who 'appears' fascinated with your content only to learn that he left 6 months ago and the bots are still screening his email. :-(