Findmyshift

Simple online employee scheduling

4.6 /5 (545 reviews) Write a Review!

Rebecca K.

Happy using Findmyshift

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Really happy - easy to use. We have Full time part time casual and contractors. Very functional for us.

Pros

Web based - and easy for staff to log in

Cons

Adding exceptions to pay rates, take's me a while.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Rebecca!

Ahmed T.

• Customer Support Software

Great to use for scheduling of staff to different place

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

A simple easy to use web based roster.

Pros

The different colour palletes makes it easy to differentiate. Sends updates to my staff when changes are made to there schedule

Cons

Would be great to duplicate weeks, and copy schedules for staff over to the next weeks in a simpler fashion for schedules that don't change.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Ahmed. The quickest way to duplicate weeks is to select all cells for the week (CTRL + A), copy the cells into the clipboard (CTRL + C), go to the next week (CTRL + right arrow), and paste (CTRL + V). I hope this helps to speed things up for you!

Cal W.

• Customer Support Software

Best value for money scheduling app out there! Simple but has all the features you need.

Reviewed on 03/01/2018

More efficient scheduling (than using Excel spreadsheets) - cost saving
Easy to manage staff requests, holiday and time off

Pros

We have been using findmyshift for scheduling in our business (hostel, 30 employees) for a year now - having previously only used excel spreadsheets for our rota. This software has helped us schedule more accurately according to our business level which helped us save hours as well as relieving our team during the busier periods. It's use is very straightforward and does pretty much anything you need it to with a bit of fiddling. The customer support team are very quick to respond to your queries with a live chat as well. On top of that it is pretty much the cheapest in it's category (compared to Deputy or WhenIWork) although it might not look as snazzy or have all the functionalities these have. We will definitely be continuing to use this software for the next year.
Can also connect to your google cal or ical which helped me personally organise my life better :)

Cons

It is a bit fiddly at times, and does seem more catered towards office businesses (9 to 6, Monday to Friday) than a 24 hours, 7 day a week business like ours.
The app (for phones, Android and Apple) is a great plus but could be improved upon - The way the shifts are displayed is not super clear, the filter is hit & miss, and how you navigate the app is not the best.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Cal!

Christopher B.

A well laid-out rota

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

Pros

The way the rota can be laid out by "facility" or, in our case, areas of our business makes it easy to see at a glance where people are, where there are short-falls and where people can be moved to help make the business run more smoothly.

Cons

The main area which I would love to see improved is calculating holiday pay. In particular, adding a holiday for a part-time user should be set to deduct holiday by default only for those days they would usually work - for example, someone who usually works Monday, Friday and Saturday should be able to be set as such so that holiday is deducted accordingly without having to manually change it. Also, someone who works varied hours should able to default to their average weekly number of hours deducted.
I also think that adding sick leave could be improved to not require removing from the rota first before adding the sick leave.
Adding time off generally also defaults to "Everyone" - it would be much better if it defaulted to blank and forced a selection before being able to apply such that people didn't accidentally add "Everyone".

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Chris! Lot's of great ideas there regarding time off that I'll pass on to the team.

Jennifer H.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

Have been very happy with Find My Shift

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Many. All in the review

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to enter the schedule in and you don't have to follow an exact protocol for the times, etc. I like that I can email everyone at once right from the program, the templates make it convenient to add the schedule weeks in advance, I love the time off request feature, I like being able to change the font colors and the back ground colors. I also love that employees can check their schedules at home from their phones. No one can say they "looked at an old schedule" or didn't know about a shift because its all right there(unless you forget to publish a change...)

Cons

The color chart is hard to tell what color you are choosing.
I wish there were an option to "Publish all" So I don't have to highlight a week, then publish, then highlight another week, then publish, etc if I put 8 weeks of schedule in at once.
Its a little slow to save/publish

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Jennifer! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site! If you're having trouble with the colour chart, hover your mouse above it and use your mouse wheel to zoom-in and make it larger. I hope this helps!

Susan C.

• Customer Support Software

Findmyshift is definitely worth trying

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Allowing the staff to access their shifts from their phone, and using the hours reporting for payroll.

Pros

We were able to try out before committing to a years subscription.
The staff hours are easy to download for wages
It is very clear looking back how many hours each staff is working

Cons

The main problem is when staff put in there hours. If they put in 9 - 5 with an extra gap or any other minor error it will not feed through onto the summary. So each week we need to count the number of shifts each person has and count the number of records on the report section. Each week there is at least one error. This would be corrected by not allowing or having a seperate box for comments.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Susan! Can you get in touch with our support team with some examples of the mistakes your staff have made? We'd like to see what we can do to help!

Emma S.

• Customer Support Software

Easy way to monitor time and attendance

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Pros

The reports that are available along with the additional facilities that can be added to each individual shift for each individual employee. Being able to attach all our employees details and information is also beneficial to us. Being able to input an hourly rate is also a factor which we like as it allows us to use this against our payroll system.

Cons

I don't really like and am not 100% keen on the fact that there is so separation within the employees and that you can't separate them in departments or different locations. what is also different is cross referencing an employee that is based at one location but covers a shift at a different location, the only way in which we could do this was by colour coding which doesn't clarify specifically what location on the final report.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Emma!

Daniel P.

• Customer Support Software

Daily clinic and On call rota

Reviewed on 04/05/2020

Excellent. I have been using it for over 3 years

Pros

Simple to access and use. Mobile access for all users. Easy to edit and change. Access from anywhere

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive. Repeating different individual rota every few weeks or months does not seem possible.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

Ryan J.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Six elecellent months

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Great

Pros

This program is very useful to my organisation. We use it to generate our excel spread sheets for pay as well as viewing trends from the simple analytics capabilities it has.

We would really like to see analytics designed for our specific industry but understand the constraints regarding cost.

It is well received in the company but would also rather an option to tailor it more to our operations (change colours, theme etc).

Great product and we will be using it again soon.

Regards

Cons

The software needs a proper calendar option

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Ryan!

Lyndsey H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Efficient and effective in every way!

Reviewed on 04/10/2017

This software makes my life easier day in and day out. The software make scheduling simpler, more efficient and more effective. Very Happy Customer.

Pros

Find my shift is easy to use and very adaptable, find my shift make scheduling and adding rota's easier and less time consuming.
The agents find it easy to access and understand also. Find my shift is a great scheduling tool and I would recommend this system.

Cons

I would like to be able to add breaks in a better format, for example rather than it being displayed on the time sheet for it to be on a link for example in grid format.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Lyndsey! Thanks for your feedback about the breaks. When you get a minute, please get in touch with our support team and so we can find out more about what you're looking for.

Lorraine B.
  • Industry: Furniture

• Customer Support Software

Excellent rota system for my staff

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

I have never used such an easy system and I will continue to use it for my staff. The App is useful to but the desktop option is much easier to use.

Pros

It is very clear with many functions and my staff find it easy to use. The layout is very clear and the colours are also very useful.

Cons

The display order of the staff listed on the rota seems to be different for each staff member. I would like to set it so we all see the same rota layout.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Lorraine! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site. Regarding the display order - while this can be set globally through "Setting" > "Display", your staff can still override this via their "Options" menu on the rota. If they do want to use the global setting they just need to select the "Default" sort under "Options". I hope this helps!

Stephen B.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

review

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

overall it has been great and very helpful

Pros

the lay out is easy to understand and the app is very nice

Cons

some of the deeper features are hard to understand and or dont work the way you would expect

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Stephen!

• Customer Support Software

Useful tool for the hospitality industry

Reviewed on 05/05/2017

Pros

In the hospitality industry, changes to the rota are the frequent, Findmyshift will send updates of any changes made to the rota and notify all staff. It also allows staff to mark in requests for annual leave or time off. These two features make it easy to organise your rota in advance and at quick notice.

The programme is easy to use, and makes organising busy schedules a doddle.

Cons

Mobile app does not show who else is working on shift with you, which would be helpful feature. I always return to the desktop site as an organiser to see the overview of the shifts.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

Schedule management (web based)

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

I am satisfied in terms of co-managing your work schedule and to express your availability.

Pros

What I like about this is that you can manage your availability in a given date without exerting to much efforts or going to excel file just to create/manage schedule. This software is basically can serve as your own secretary. If you are running a company you can manage your workers with the use of the software, you can put your schedule inputs that employee can see on their end when they log in on their own account that includes personal details of your employee that you can just pull up when you need it.

Cons

It sometimes takes time to load up especially if its a big input.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review!

Sigurdur A.
  • Industry: Banking

We like it

Reviewed on 27/04/2020

Pros

It is very easy to use both for the scheduler and the employees. I can setup the schedule in employee view and employees look at their own schedule in that view. When co-workers across departments need to see who is manning what post that day they look at the facility view.

We were planning to have a bespoke system made that would have cost 20-30x as much. But this product has everything we would have asked for in a bespoke product.

Cons

I cannot really name anything negative. We used to have a bespoke system that handled this function. It was not able to do anything that findmyshift cannot do as well or better.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Sigurdur!

Kate M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Best Scheduler

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Overall, the scheduler has help our company set precedence and pace to our work, and has helped us grow over time due to the ability of efficiency it helped us reach as a team.

Pros

The most beneficial factor of Find My Shift for my company is the scheduler. It is easy for my employees in the field to see their own schedule as well as the other employees they are to be working with. The ability to easily edit/swap schedules due to employee absences or terminations was also very appealing to us.

Cons

The least appealing aspect of the software is the overall appearance of the scheduler. I understand it is excel based, and that helps tremendously. But this is the only excuse I could give.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Kate!

Phillipa S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

find my shift has been invaluable to our department since 2009

Reviewed on 03/08/2017

Pros

Managing staff rosters for twenty-something part-time staff in 3 locations with variable hours and days is so much easier with online rosters. The colour coding makes looking up your shifts so easy

Cons

the linear display format is good but would be better if it could be displayed in multiple formats to see how the roster balances out over several months. i.e. being able to see several fortnights display in a calendar format to see how shifts are shared

Response from Out Crowd

Hi Phillipa! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Brett M.

Great Cloud Solution for Rosters

Reviewed on 24/05/2017

Ease of use. Good employee response and less arguing

Pros

Very easy to use, intuitive and responsive. I like the ease of importing new staff and the template driven week by week roster. This program was the original and I still think one of the best

Cons

Can be a bit expensive without an app based messaging service, maybe something to work on.
I would like to see an option to setup rosters by number rather than employees and then you can add employee to number. this way you could build a number based template that anyone can be attached to.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Brett!

Leshen C.

• Customer Support Software

Nice tool for your planning chores

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Saves me time and effort with scheduling.

Pros

Easy to start and use for new hires. Calendar integration. Overview in browser.

Cons

Download of working hours report not that straight forward.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Leshen!

Himanshu S.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and user friendly

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

We are satisfied using this product since two years and we will keep using it for next year too
It helps to keep full track of staff hours and our staff it helps them too to understand pick up extra shift or what are their shift hours etc....

Pros

From set up to go live its really easy and quick
Very user friendly, also good for non computer user its easy to set up

Cons

Pay rates and more options for Tronc and other area

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review, Himanshu!

Ann S.

• Customer Support Software

Findmyshift serves our needs perfectly.

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

Pros

I like that we can communicate our schedule to our employees easily. I like that we can choose email or text to communicate with them. I can also send general messages out to everyone easily.

Cons

It would be great if the "Project" was able to contain an address and a hotel address. We use the Notice Board to communicate those things. now.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Ann. To add addresses to your "Projects" create a custom column from the "Projects" page. If you run into any trouble or have any questions, get in touch with our support team.

Bryony B.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Brilliant to help manage volunteers

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

It has been instrumental in the easy management of volunteers and we couldn't manage without it.

Pros

We like how simple it is to use and how widely it can reach our audience and how easily our volunteers can book on and change their shifts if needed. Especially during the pandemic it has been instrumental in managing how many people are onsite, what their arrivals times are etc.

Cons

I have very little dislikes about the findmyshift software.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thank you for the review, Bryony!

Allan B.

Fantastic Shift Manager with great flexability

Reviewed on 01/03/2017

Audiovisual crewing requires a very flexible program for crew rostering and Findmyshift does this admirably. The ability for contractors to login in and see their shifts without seeing permanent staff whereabouts is great for business security. The ability to text and email from within the software is a great attribute as well. This is a great software tool and is very easy to use. Strongly recommended.

Pros

Ease of editing and being able to put in info regarding a specific shift. The ability to email and text shifts to staff and contractors.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Allan!

Doxie W.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Great product for low price point

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Great product that suits our organisations needs. The staff are able to download the app onto their phones and can monitor any last minute shift changes from their homes.

Pros

Program is easy to use and has different access levels.

Cons

It can be a bit slow in responsiveness, this could have something to do with our running systems.

Response from Findmyshift B.V.

Thanks for the review, Doxie! Please get in touch with our support team if you find the system is running slow so we can investigate further.

Audrius R.

Amazing!!! Using for all group

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Staff rota, notice board.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to explain to the staff how does it works, you can create the rota for as long as you need, have facilities, so can allocate the staff cost

Cons

Lacking customised settings . i.e.breake rules, you can't set up different rules for different staff.

Response from Out Crowd

Thanks for the review Audrius! To set up different break rules for a single staff member just click on "Pay & time off" in their profile, then click on "Break rules". I hope this helps!