Avaza

All-in-one, client-focused project management for teams.

4.6 /5 (352 reviews) Write a Review!

Gemma T.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Avaza has changed my business and alongside that... life!

Reviewed on 09/03/2019

The best thing about Avaza is it solves so many problems in one easy to use program that can be accessed from anywhere. Couple this with a Dropbox account and you can access everything you could possibly need from anywhere with an internet connection. They even have a handy app version for your phone and iPad. Currently my whole sales and design process from start to finish runs from Avaza - estimate, management, invoice, payment and follow ups. My life is easier and I am more productive.

Pros

Project management has become a dream. It is so simple and easy to create and schedule tasks. I can work at a fixed rate or with timesheets easily. Clients can view beautiful estimates and invoices in PDF format or online. The 'pay online' feature is great as it makes it so much easier to get paid - which means less time chasing up invoices!

Cons

I wish Avaza was easier to use in the first instance. After spending some time getting my head round it I have realised it is perfect for what I need but in the beginning I was missing out on some really useful tools as I didn't know about them or didn't know how to use them. Although it is worth mentioning that Avaza's support team are extremely friendly and helpful whenever you have a question. Stick with it, ask the questions and you won't look back.

Response from Avaza Software

Thanks, Gemma for your review and shoutout to the support team.

We are continually improving the onboarding experience with an improved Get Start page, better onboarding emails and more.

Great Billing System for Professional Services

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

Great product at a reasonable price. Can help a small company be professional and appear big.

Pros

1) Professional Invoicing- electronic or paper options and highly customizable.
2) Time Sheets - These are easy and flexible. Love the copy from prior week feature. Time sheet entry is based on projects I've set up with my clients. Tracks against my budget.
3) Reports - these are helpful to run several times a month to see how I'm performing to budget. I can save my favorites.
4) Customer Service - Staff is always available quickly when I need help.
5) Integrations - Integrates easily with email and PayPal.

Cons

I wish they had a simple workflow or training feature that explained how to initially setup: Inventory Items, Projects, Sections, Tasks and Categories and then explained how they related to invoices and time sheets. I figured it out, but it wasn't intuitive when I started.

Jonathan B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great platform - I saved a lot of time with it

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Project management and client management

Pros

I really like the fact that you can find everything you need in one place. It's help me a lot to organize my time and save time as well. I would definitely recommend Avaza. I tried 5 different platforms in the past few weeks and thats the one that fulfill my needs.

Cons

The only thing that I would like to have an upgrade on is the task management. It would be nice if you can save your time on a task and the task would become "complete" by itself. Sometimes, I look at all my tasks and I'm not always sure if it's done or not. I'm sure Avaza will do something for that.

Josh W.

• Customer Support Software

Keeps you in the know every step of the way

Reviewed on 02/03/2020

We use Avaza to coordinate with multiple freelancers around the country and world, and to keep track of both projects and invoices that we send to clients. Previously we were using two programs to do what Avaza is doing, so this has been far preferable.

Pros

There are lots of ways that Avaza has helped our small business (I know for a fact that it has made a HUGE difference in the amount of time it takes to invoice, for instance!). For my own personal use, though, what I probably like best is the notifications sent straight to my email - including the fact that I can directly access finished projects/documents from those emails.

It may seem like a small thing, but this is a huge time-saver when I'm receiving multiple projects on a daily basis. It also serves to keep me on track and aware of where things are in the pipeline.

Cons

"Offset days" for recurring projects is a bit confusing, and I wish that there was a way to remove collaborators we are no longer working with.

Stijn S.

Collaborative Project tool

Reviewed on 28/08/2020

Avaza helped us to overcome our geographic distribution. Vydraulics is an organization that is spread over several countries using different project management tools. Being easy to use and cloud based, we could integrate Avaza very easy in our organisation.

Pros

The cloud based software is very easy to setup and learn to team members. It's easy to get an overview of the project using lists, gantt or kanban views. Tasks are easy to plan and follow up. Furthermore the timesheets are well integrated into the software.
The collaboration with internal and external (customers/suppliers) people is well designed and easy to manage.

Cons

It is not so easy to track a project purely on time parameters. Sometimes it requires complex project reporting to get time based (lead times, estimated versus tracked time) parameters the way you want to have them.
The reporting is however very extensive, so you will find your answer. If not, you can always get help from the Avaza support.

Deniz G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Budget your projects at an affordable price with Avaza.

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

Pros

Avaza has an easy to use interface. It's time to stop messing around with multiple apps, subscriptions, and spreadsheets. Avaza is a seamless, productive platform that teams use to collaborate on projects, plan resources, track time, manage expenses and bill clients. I like that it enables us to achieve successful projects with task collaboration, file sharing, discussions, activity flows.

Cons

It is a successful software that does not have anything missing or dislike.

Katie C.
  • Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

Project and Client Management with Invoicing All in One Place!

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Avaza allows me to keep all my clients and their individual projects in one place without sorting through a maze of emails (or worse - missing an email). Since I'm already tracking projects here it makes since to also include my invoicing in the same place. My clients are informed every step of the way and can view and pay invoices from the same place. I believe it is helping me create a better client experience and their customer service has been fantastic!

Pros

I love being able to manage and collaborate with my clients in one place. It's easy to track my time and expenses and then add them to their invoice. They can view project progress, leave comments, and view and pay invoices. On my end I can easily see tasks in the order they should be done according to their due dates. It's ideal for my job as a private photo editor.

Cons

Avaza has the tools I need but I do have a wishlist of things I'd like to see in the future. For one, the dashboard isn't interactive, so you can't actually click on anything and go to that task - it's just a snapshot. I also wish that there would be more options for notifying clients when project status changes to started and complete. Currently I leave a comment to notify them when things are done.

Decio H.

Avaza

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

I would say It's a nice software. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Pros

Easy to use, integration with other softwares (Expensify, QuickBooks), simplicity. The features they provide is very similar with others we used before so this facilitate the migration.

Cons

It's missing few features that could be interesting: Team Schedule could be visible not only for admin, on TimeSheet (for <Pending Approval> and <Approved> its not visible start/end time)... and few others

Kevin K.

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic product, even better support

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Pros

The support is just plain awesome. There is someone there to respond to support requests almost all the time even though they are in a timezone that is over a day away. The time tracking portion of the software just works fantastically, the billing is excellent, and it's just very impressive how much this product can do.

Cons

Time is calculated out to 4 decimal places but they don't always show all of the decimals, which can create some goofy reports. There is an option to round the time for billing and reporting but often times we would prefer to adjust the time up or down rather than simply round.

Maria J.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

All-in-one solution

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Pros

Avaza has everything that I could possibly need for my small online business: timesheets/time tracking, team scheduling, project management and invoicing. I am still discovering new feats and getting used to it. I love it so far. Beautiful, clean interface and it's easy to get the hang out of it.

Cons

So far I have not encountered any Cons, but I haven't used it long enough. Will keep exploring all of its capabilities.

Chris E.

• Customer Support Software

Feature Rich, Great Value, Full Customization!

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

We spent some time reviewing our options for a solution to help us manage multiple client projects. Did our due diligence and made sure all (almost all) our requirements were checked off. Avaza is a solid solution, with a vast array of features that we can now leverage to deliver our projects more effectively. We can assign external resources (including our clients) to project tasks, track schedule, budget - among maybe a thousand things we haven't even found yet.

The support team at Avaza is fantastic, very helpful and responsive. Customer reps are rockstars!

The number of integrations (either direct or through Zapier) is phenomenal. Especially the direct integration with Quickbooks.

If you're looking for a comprehensive delivery and project management solution you should definitely give Avaza a deep look.

Cons

With such a comprehensive solution, the initial setup took some time. Probably a bit more than we were expecting, but it was time well spent.

Gabriel A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Amazing cost for an amazing platform

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

Pros

Avaza is clean, simple and yet powerful providing great insights for small companies in its built in report analytics. The price is highly competitive!

Cons

I haven't found a way for external users to collaborate in our projects

Jed B.

• Customer Support Software

Checked almost all of our boxes for an all-in-one management system

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Avaza checked most of the boxes for an all-in-one management system that our company was desperately needing. We spent 4+ weeks trying to figure out how to implement another platform and after wasting $800, decided to give this a try. It was immediately apparent that Avaza is extremely intuitively designed for usability with a very shallow learning curve while being very robust. I'm still finding features that are super cool. So, in under 1 week, we're almost completely migrated over to Avaza, including all our invoicing.

Pros

Within 20-30 minutes of initiating the trial, I'd been through a big chunk of the platform and already created invoices – without even referencing the help section. Seriously one of the most intuitive pieces of software I've ever used.

Cons

We have one use that we will ultimately need this software for: auto-billing – which is on the roadmap, but not a feature yet. Avaza provided a workaround for us and we can't wait until it's a feature :)

• Customer Support Software

We love Avaza for our digital agency

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Pros

- generally easy to set up and use
- love the timesheets and time schedules
- nice to have both lists, gantt, and kanban views of tasks

Cons

- some reporting features need to be upgraded and allow for viewing with the active project vs. pulling reports

İrfan Ç.

Golden Project Management tool for Micro,Small and Medium Scaled Projects

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Pros

This program almost feels like you're running a project in an ERP program.When we look at the interfaces, there are really useful menus such as Gantt chart and invoices and they are easy to use.I recommend this application because it is easy to integrate into the project, it works fast and its interface is understandable for the user.

Cons

I didn't find any major issues.It might be hard for smaller shops or start-up companies because when they go deep they can drown in the details.

• Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Great alternative to competitors, great support

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Pros

This product is straightforward, simple, and it does what it is supposed to, for a reasonable price.

Cons

Commenting on cards can get a little disorganized, there should be a way to organize in threads or something similar

Paul K.

Avaza Ease of Use and Functionality

Reviewed on 21/12/2016

With Avaza as not the case with other CRM/Project management tools is the all-inclusive functionality. Avaza has project reporting and the ability to use the timer to record work done on tasks and projects. This rolls up into the timesheet which is a very useful function and many of the other CRM's do not have the timer-Timesheet functionality. Great feature!

Pros

Ease of use and integrated functions

Cons

Somewhat simplistic. Needs to be more robust.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Avaza is a great tool to track time and keep up with projects

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Pros

I like the ease of use the most. It's very simple to navigate around the site, and it takes no time at all to log my hours.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like.

Brittany N.
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

Avaza is a robust project management system

Reviewed on 16/08/2020

Managing projects.
Task creation and assignment are made easy by Avaza.

Pros

I like that Avaza simplifies issue, time and cost tracking on projects.
Integration with third-party applications is an added advantage as it advances capabilities.

Cons

I slightly dislike the fact that Avaza lacks offline access capabilities to synchronize data while offline.

• Industry: Entertainment

Happy Freelancer

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

Pros

As a freelancer, I typically have to log my own hours which entails me typing out crude hourly logs of the jobs that I'm on. Also typically ends up with me rounding off the hours worked.

Avaza makes it insanely easy for me to just click a start and stop for my hours and it logs it properly to the minute.

Cons

In my experience, the software operates out of a web browser which wasn't entirely ideal for me but hardly a huge issue. There may well be a desktop app for it but I don't know about one.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi :)

Thanks for your review!

Just wanted to let you know that we are working on both desktop and mobile native apps. We will let you know once this is launched.

Faith W.

User Friendly, Helpful Features, Helpful Support

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

I'm transitioning from another project management software that I've been using for over a year. It costs more, is too cumbersome, the user interface isn't appealing, and getting the data you need to be exported into easily readable reports takes too long. Avaza is solving all of these issues for our team.

Pros

The user interface is appealing to work with and it is pretty easy to navigate. The support team was very helpful in answering questions and helping me learn how to make the most of the software.

Cons

Some of the features feel redundant, like having to add a person to a task after they've been assigned to the project in order for it to appear on the weekly schedule.

John K.

• Customer Support Software

Avaza has a simple and intuitive interface. The learning curve is flat.

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Better ways to share a project between developer and clients.
A greater overview of where we are in the project.
And its easy to add new task on the fly i.e. at a meeting since you can just push return and a the task gets saved, new task is ready to filled

Pros

Its simple and fast, and helps a lot in the daily workflow.
Each task has a lot of posibillities and even commenst can have attachments. So while working on an assignment, others can comment.

Cons

Since comments on tasks works great, and its part of the flow, its unfortunate, that it doesn't auto update the page, so new comments will pop in. You have to refresh the entire page to see IF a new comments has arrived

Rosa C.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

My description of Avaza

Reviewed on 24/11/2016

It's a friendly, non-complicated and functional system in which we can see hours, expenses and invoicing. Great system!

Pros

The functionality about the worked hours of my team. I can see all their day-by-day development.

Cons

The way of invoicing, because of we have to change into my country laws.

Juris M.

Avaza review

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Mostly positive. I have been using your solution for a short time and haven't had the chance to 'dive-in'

Pros

UI is very intuitive, therefor your product is very easy to use.
Web based solution, no need for additional software.
Time can be entered both in minutes and as decimal parts of an hour.

Cons

If a task is closed it still appears in the drop-down menu when filling a timesheet

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Juris,

Thanks for your review :)

You can filter completed tasks when creating new timesheet entries. To do this, go to Settings -> Timesheet Settings and turn on the 'Allow hiding completed tasks on Timesheets' option.

Brandon B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Efficient

Reviewed on 06/01/2020

Pros

Saves time, notifications, up to date on all devices

Cons

Only 1 person can be assigned a task, sometimes it is confusing if multiple people have worked on that task