Avaza

All-in-one, client-focused project management for teams.

4.6 /5 (344 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.7
Juliana W.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great to have everything from task management to invoicing in one place

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Avaza deserves a shout out for their customer service. You can reach them via chat, and you usually get a reply within a few minutes. They have the best service of any vendor I've ever worked with.

Pros

The task management system is robust and easy to learn, so onboarding new people is simple. And for us, a big benefit was going straight from project to invoice. No more importing or exporting information and doubling up on data entry tasks.

Cons

Scheduling recurring tasks is currently a little clumsy. You cannot set a task for "First Monday" of the month, for example. However, I'm told they have improved scheduling for recurring tasks in the works by their customer service.

Nathan B.

Awesome Value Robust Features

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Overall it is a GREAT value for the money, they are spot on with value/$. While I miss some of the enterprise level features that SmartSheets and their competitors offer, I find the variety and quick to implement features of AVAZA to be outstanding!

Pros

The price point on this software is PERFECT for small startups, the support is included without heavy add on cost and the support is VERY GOOD, quick and EASY to understand!.

Architecturally the layout is very nice, the user interface is easy to navigate and the color schema is pleasant. Working in the tool is mostly straightforward and easy to figure out without watching a ton of self help videos.

Cons

The reporting tool could use a minor update to the user interface so things are a little easier to use, The collaboration features could also use an update to have some sort of chat like function making collaboration easier.

Zapier connection is nice but seems to be picky, one of my zaps to create Avaza tasks works for everyone on the team except one person. Kind of weird but not critical.

Nawar A.
Industry: Computer Software

Avaza Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

We have tried different tools and tested a lot of other tools but didn't find anything like Avaza for managing the timesheets, scheduling and reporting

Pros

Avaza is a very powerful tool for managing timesheet and projects scheduling, it is very easy to add your timesheet on daily or weekly basis. Scheduling is also a very easy and flexible.

Cons

When scheduling someone for long time (Say a year) and want to schedule another project for the same person during this year, this will lead to over scheduling and can't be interrupted. best way to do this is on monthly basis.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Nawar, thanks for your review.

As for long-running schedule assignments, you can simply edit the assignment, reduce its date range and add the new assignments.

Having said that we do plan to add support for splitting assignments to make this process a bit quicker. We will add your vote for that feature and notify you as soon as it becomes available.

Hanno S.

The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 25/08/2019

I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Pros

It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Cons

It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

Nupur W.
Industry: Management Consulting

Easy collaboration and Time tracking

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

Its been very helpful. We are able to easily collaborate without clients and all information sits in a centralized space.

Pros

Timesheet feature (Billable vs Non-Billable tracking)
Extensive reporting
Task allocation

Cons

I am satisfied with what this product offers. My suggestion is that we should have the ability to assign tasks to multiple users.

Andrew S.
Industry: Biotechnology

Feature rich project management and client billing solution

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Pros

Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Cons

At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

Quintus D.
Industry: Management Consulting

Avaza is absolutely amazing

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

The software is really amazing in that I have used it for so much more than what I initially anticipated. I now use it for recurring invoices too and managing support contracts. It is so easy to use overall

Pros

The huge list of functionality and ease of use. Great set of standard reports. The software replaces a few other tools - project management, financial, timesheets, tracking expenses, reporting

Cons

I feel the project scheduling part of the software can be enhanced and the Gantt Chart view. That does not mean that it is not useful - it just does not work easily when the plan changes or for advanced scheduling

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Quintus,

We are glad to let you know that we have added significant new improvements to our Resource Scheduling module including scheduling by total hours, sorting by availability and a lot more.

Please check it out and feel free to reach out to our friendly support team with any further feedback on [email protected] or via direct chat from within the app or our website.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Excellent Tool for Project Management!

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Our agency has multiple teams members that work from home, are in a "satellite office" or are traveling for meetings. Having Avaza we're able to all communicate in one place, keep track of projects (and therefore keep them moving quickly) and easily see progress and/or hold ups with a project.

Pros

Avaza is super intuitive, easy to use, organized and has a visually appealing interface. It really seems that the designers of the software made the User Experience their top priority, which helps make for a simple and efficient daily use.

Cons

While there are some issues with Avaza, they're all very minor. Simple things like limited viewing options for time sheets, the inability to assign tasks to multiple users, and the limited templates.

David G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very well featured, value for money project manager.

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

First class in every way.

Pros

I liked its overall feature set, it is value pricing and the fact that I can bring clients in on a project with no extra cost. I can drop a screenshot straight into the task fields which is a huge money and time saver for me an us. One other thing to know is that they have support chat in admin and often you get an instant response which is amazing customer service.

I am so pleased I made the decision to work with Avaza.

Cons

Really not much that I don't like. I wish I could set automatic reminders for overdue tasks but at least I can go in and run reports.

Karla S.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great for my needs

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Im loving it, its helping me saving hours of work.

Pros

The software is easy to use and makes my life easier. I can have everything I want in just one place.

Cons

Not to many custom options for products and does not set the product number in sequence

Shanta J.
Industry: Accounting
Company size: Self Employed

Favorite project management software!

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Overall, Avaza is the best project management software I've used and at a fair/reasonable price.

Pros

For the web design side of my business, this software is absolutely amazing! It's easy to use and literally I am able to manage projects from start to finish within the app, including invoicing my clients. I also like the fact that I am able to track my time.

The notifications are also on point.

Cons

Honestly, I only wish they had a contracts feature within the software so I can truly keep everything for my clients in one place. But it's not really a deal breaker - because it has everything else I need.

Tong X.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

easy to use

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

good for office manager to get the over look of the project and control the timing with stuff are much easier.

Pros

very easy to use and have most of the function we need for design company. we just start using this one as free software for try out, but we believe will upgrade the account for more function.

Cons

customer support can be bit better. scheduled a meeting on line and no show from Avaza.
we have to rescheduled again... see how it is going this time.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Tong,

Clarification regarding your demo that was scheduled on September 19, 2017. :)

The team member scheduled to take that call waited online for 15 minutes before logging off. If you signed on after that time, it would have seemed like no one was online.

The reason we cap the waiting time at 15 minutes is because it is halfway through the scheduled 30 minute call time.

An email is sent to each user that doesn't show up for the call, and was sent to you the following morning, asking you to reschedule.

I can assure you that our customer service takes client appointments very seriously. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,
Nida

Maisha M.

This system includes many of the features I need to run a small business construction company.

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Invoicing, project management

Pros

The invoicing system. I used many, and this one has by far the best templates and tracking abilities. Very easy to use. Also like the ability to create Gantt charts for project timelines; which is very useful when submitting invoices.

Cons

Would like if you could save as you are drafting the invoice without having to go back into edit mode each time. Also the ability to add bullets in the description section .

Jorge A.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Awesome... best support team ever. It has all that I need to run my offshore IT consulting business.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

I receive a fully functional PM, resource planner, invoicing and clients communication tool in one simple yet powerful tool.

Pros

Great PM tool
Awesome staff and timesheets control
Invoicing, quotes, payments... All in one place
My clients have access to their projects and documentation all the time, no need to ask for anything
Response to features requests is super fast
Tons of great reports, and you can pre-configure them for your eficiency
Great price for what all I get out of it

Cons

Maybe a more robust accounting functionality, but hey, the financial to run the business is awesome.

Sufian A.
Industry: Research

The PMO for Research Centres

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 28/01/2019

No problems so far, happy to continue using the platform for years to come.

Pros

It has exactly what we were looking for in terms of scheduling effort hours across the entire year. And, it's really easy to use.

Cons

Possibly the way the weekly scheduling is presented, it's more easier to get an overview of all the weekly tasks if it was presented listed under Project rather than Days.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Sufian, I am assuming you are referring to the Resource Scheduling team view.

I am not sure if you are aware that scheduled assignments can also be viewed by Project.

Please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support team via direct chat from within the app or on our website with further details.

We would love to learn more about your concerns and make sure they are communicated to the product team.

Daniel M.

All in one platform

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Avaza has all of the Base features our team needed at half the price. It’s very easy to use and although it’s not as customizable as some other options, it gets the job done for cheap.

Pros

Invoicing, budgeting and project management rolled into one software for less than the competition

Cons

Project boards aren’t as customizable as other options

Brionne G.
Industry: Financial Services

Feature-Rich and Cost-Effective!

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive thanks to relevant icons and content-based navigation, but the guided onboarding is a huge plus to help users discover features that are not immediately obvious.

I'm also very impressed by how many features are packed into this software, and for a fraction of the monthly cost of Harvest.

Cons

Overall I really like the software, but I wish it was possible to attach a file to quotes. As a designer, I typically send or present a deck to new clients and would like to be able to attach that to my quote in Avaza so everything is in one place.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Brionne,

Thanks for your review. Please note, you can already attach files to your Estimates. Feel free to ask our support team ([email protected]) for assistance should you need help with this :)

Dave S.

Well rounded + good price

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Very quick to get up and running. We have been able to consolidate the use of three individual tools into one, which has saved us time and enabled us to be more efficient.

Pros

Unlike the vast majority of other tools we've tried, (at least 10 or more!), Avaza ticks all the boxes for us between project & resource management, and at a competitive price point. Literally all project management tools totally miss the trick of including resource management, which is such a critical part.

Cons

My advice would be to tidy-up the pricing model a bit. It's a little confusing having to add-on users for different license grades. One price per user/month or one block price for a subscription including a block of users for all grades would be simpler.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

avaza great tool to manage timesheet

Reviewed on 11/05/2019

Pros

esasy interface,
the possibility to map stories and timesheet

Cons

miss something to improve the project documentation and the posibility to add task directly on the time sheet

Chad F.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Value for the money, relative simplicity, great design interface and exceptional service

Reviewed on 31/08/2017

We replaced a broken CRM that was way more than we needed ( we used about 15% of it) with this, Avaza. I see us using about 80% of it.

Pros

Clean, Inviting and uncluttered User Interface
Really Powerful Reporting ( Amazing number of filters)
Surprisingly Good Integration with QuickBooks Online via Zapier
Constant Improvement and taking requests on new functionality
Excellent Support via Chat
Excellent price for Small Businesses

Cons

Not the simplest to learn
Would benefit from more custom field areas to customize to our needs better
Would love some online video tutorials

Gigi L.
Industry: Design

Super efficient project management

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

The flow charts are saving our lives, as well as the inclusive timesheets, ability to share with the full team, and ability to break down each role and timelines for each of these

Pros

The easy to use interface, which translates to mobile super easily. Really happy with a couple of features I cannot find elsewhere, which helps our companies efficiency and flow.

Cons

Mobile app version is a bit buggy, and it would be helpful if the timesheet settings [and settings in general] were a little easier to find.

Ashley H.

I found this to be very easy to use and quick to learn how to access various software features.

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Pros

Real time tracking of project tasks and entry of sub-tasks for various activities allows for easy task tracking and updating. Layout of screens and project reporting features are very helpful.

Cons

I am colorblind so some of the icons for project tracking are difficult for me to differentiate between. Icons be done in solid circle graphic vs. linear circle icons...addition of some type of feature for visual impairments such as mine would be great.

Christopher Y.
Industry: Research

Brief Review

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

I would highly recommend this to anyone not wanting to invest too much money in a software that does what you need it to do.

Pros

This product is easy to use, and has everything you need with the tasks, projects and timesheets built in working together to easily create invoices to send out.

Cons

I haven't used this product long enough to notice any deficiencies in the software.

Industry: Design

Game Changer!

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

It's been fantastic.

Pros

It takes what was such a complex learning curve and process and turns it into something so simple, I'm not sure why our other system was so complex.

Cons

I would like to be able to adjust the date of my timesheet when adding it in the task. And, I would like to be able to go to the project when clicking the title of the project from the my tasks page. But, those are so minor compared to how amazing this thing is!

Adam W.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Avaza ended up being the best value PSA system that we have tried.

Reviewed on 11/05/2017

A low cost, good quality PSA solution that was easy to implement.

Pros

The value for money.
Easy to set up and get running quickly.
Customer support has been quick to answer and respond.

Cons

Wish it had better calendar like time tracking. We spend most of our time tracking in a day view which is less than efficient.
Difficulty in managing projects from the time view: adding tasks, updating project details, etc.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Adam,
Thanks for your review.
Just wanted to add a few thoughts here :)

- You can track time in week-view. This allows you to view all projects/categories and tasks you have tracked time for in a certain week, and add more time or make changes.

- Most of the difficulty you are facing in managing projects from Timesheets module is by design, because these changes can only be made by Project Managers and Admin users.

- We are hoping to add an option to add a task from within the Timesheet popup itself, and also a calendar view for your projects. I'll add your request to that list :)

Once again, thanks for your feedback.
Regards,