Ganttic

Resource scheduling, management, project portfolio planning.

4.3/5
4.0/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.4/5

Juan carlos R.

• Customer Support Software

It is a easy to use platform, fast to open and update.

Reviewed on 29/01/2018

I prefere no to provide details here.

Pros

Easy to use and access, several users on the same process, excelent to share schedulling. Easy to add resources and filters, new users are easily added as well. Edition rights are very customizable for every user.

Cons

Still trying to master the views specially when you have long list of resources and change the date, you have to scroll down again to find the resource you are interested on.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Juan Carlos!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback.

Just one trick to avoid scrolling would be to use the filtering function and filter out the resource name without scrolling down.

I hope this helps.

Arielq L.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Good affordable software with limitations and a short but steep learning curve

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

We have used Ganttic primarily to schedule our Onsite and Weekend availability. Since we do not use it for our full Project Planning or Time entry we cannot get a true view of our resource forecast, but it covers a gap for us in scheduling key inflexible dates for our team.

Pros

Ganttic has a great layout and interface. There are some key workflows that are not obvious and make things very difficult until you discover them, but once you do it is clearly very well thought out.

For the price it is a good value.

Cons

Documentation/community discussion could be better, project planning is not strong enough to replace our use of SmartSheet due to predecessor limitations. Small but workflow efficiency impacting limitations keep this from being a true 5 star product, but that doesn't mean it won't be enough for your needs. Worth a try.

Mavenlink, NetSuite, Resource Management, and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Ganttic

Ganttic was chosen for a smaller portion of our department and since we already had the licenses available we expanded it to the broader team as a quick fix.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the precise review, Arielq!

Veletta B.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Ganttic usage

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

I didn't need any training its very easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, and low cost.

Cons

More robust report engine and ability to export reports in Excel.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the review, Veletta!

We are glad to hear that our planner was easy to grasp to you!

Kevein D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Ganttic changed the whole way we managed our schedule!

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Overall we are very pleased with the use of Ganttic. Help team replies quickly when we do have interrogations or improvement ideas and that's really a great thing! We feel like we are participating in the development of Ganttic and that they do really care about their users.

Pros

Ganttic is an easy learning software that we use daily for scheduling resources to our dozens of projects. Being able to see in almost real-time any modification to the schedule and to sync it with Microsoft Outlook is a must for our company. The way gantt charts are being generated for every project and the possibility to share it with our customers so they can also see in real-time their project advancement is also a great feature.

Cons

Outlook sync is great but still show some problems. Sometimes tasks are being duplicated or erased for unknown reasons. The way it syncs periodic tasks is also a deal breaker as it does insert separate tasks which can't be deleted all at once like we can do with the "Repeat" feature in Ganttic tasks.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Kevein!

Also grateful for pointing out the sync issues, we will take a look into them for sure.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Ganttic has been instrumental in reporting data for scheduling, planning out resources and capacity, and showcasing what products are scheduled to run. I have really enjoyed being able to easily access the tools I needed when I worked in supply chain to understand what we'd need to move and what processes take longer than others. It was relatively inexpensive for the quality and features it provides.

Pros

The graphics are very high quality and the features are really helpful to visualize capacity, especially the reports and charts. They create easy visuals for me to report out at a high level, but they also can be as detailed as necessary. I like all the filters because I can pick and choose what I would like to report out and can alter them easily and just refresh the page to see new equipment or resources.

Cons

It is not as user-friendly as the team had anticipated. It is very intuitive for people who have experience working with scheduling software, but for newcomers, it takes a bit to get used to and some of the FAQs are not as descriptive as we would like. However, after working with it for a while, it becomes second nature.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the thorough review!

Renewing our helpdesk is indeed in our plans, as we are constantly developing the planner from the different angles.

Thomas K.

• Customer Support Software

Great tool for project management and resource planning

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Our planning and resource management is made easy with the adoption of Ganttic.

Pros

Great tool for visualized resource planning, project management and tracking of work hours. We are really interested to use this tool as it helped us gain more control over our resources and utilize them wisely. The time tracking UI and planing feature is a great tool for small and medium size companies where employee management is a crucial task.

Cons

The overall functionality set needs more improvement as it have some issues with the time tracking. It needs more QA before rolling into production.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Thomas!

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. We are glad that you are seeing so many positive sides in using Ganttic.

Thank you also the cons you brought forth. We agree the issues with time tracking - just in its conceptual sense Ganttic is not exactly meant for direct time tracking purposes. However, many of our clients use this for that and we are all the time improving this functionality.

To continue, thank you also what you borught forth about QA. We are the moment updating this and I did forward your feedback to our Helpdesk.

If you have any more additional questions / remarks, feel free to contact us at anytime.

Debbie C.

Great resource to book large groups of people or tasks all at the same time to find availabilit...

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Booking calendars is difficult for over 20 people with engagement throughout the year every week of the year and Ganttic makes it easy in one glance

Pros

Easy to use and clear data dissemenation.

Cons

Mobile features should be improved so you can see the entire calendar.

Google Calendar

Reasons for Switching to Ganttic

Easy to use and easy to read.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Debbie!

We are currently developing our mobile app as well. New features will come out already during this year.

Dan P.

Using Ganttic for Resource Management

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Ganttic meets the core needs I have around resource management. At times things are a little clunky but far better than managing from a spreadsheet.

Pros

I purchased Ganttic for the easy drag and drop resource management capabilities and it delivers on the basic needs. It replaces what used to be managed via spreadsheet.

Cons

Sometime the dragging of bars to denote a time period for a resource snaps back to different dates than planned and I have to make multiple attempts to drag it to the proper days.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the nice review, Dan!

Charn A.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Ganttic Resource Planning Software

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Fantastic. We have been using Ganttic for over 5+ years across multiple departments and individuals. Our resource scheduling and planning is very strong and well developed due to this software.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to quickly make changes and real-time updates that are immediately communicated to my staff.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. Ganttic was a significant improvement over other software options and traditional spreadsheets.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Charn!

We are very glad to hear that our long-time customers are pleased with our software and see the benefit it's offering for them!

Chris Z.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use ERP, cheap and efficient, great to customise to your company needs.

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

nice task/calendar overview
Sharing and app function
Customise user rights
Customised to with own specifics

Cons

Would be really nice to add files to a task ( pdf, jpg, sheets etc)
Would be nice to customise app notifications. Now it's just a on/off function, this leads (in my case) to a notification every time a user as much as views a task.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Chris!

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

One option to add tasks would be to use the task custom data field (Type: Link) and attach via link the files you need.

Karl

Giuseppe M.

• Customer Support Software

A few thing missing, otherwise great tool

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

We are a team of 3PM and 4Head of function using Ganttic every day to coordinate a team of 40 professionals working on about 20 projects. The software allows us to forecast resource usage on a 3 to 6 months time span.

While the information it provides is valuable, Ganttic still lacks some automation and better reporting tools. It also could use some usability tricks to make data entry faster.

For example:

- it is not possible to group one or more tasks of one of more resources and move the group forward or back in the calendar. Moving resources one by one is time-consuming.

- if you span a resource task on more than one week the software considers weekend as working time. At the very least it could ask if you want to consider the weekend as working time or not, Or the software could provide a general setting to avoid tasks being spanned over weekends.
Going around this problem is time-consuming.

- the software does not consider 9-18 (with one our break) workdays. This way, when creating a task that lasts one day, you'll have to manually pick 09.00 as starting time, 18 at closing time and then you have to tweak the effort percentage to show 8 hours of work.
You'll understand this is time-consuming too.

- The software shows resource overlaps but has not a general setting that allows the user to choice whether time overlaps are actually a good thing or a bad thing. In the second case, a warning could be thrown allowing different projects manager to solve the overlap. This would save time.

- Reports have improved but are still quite difficult to read and tweak.

- Ganttic lacks a form to allow users to declare how much time they spent on planned tasks, thus automating effort calculation and allowing for better/faster reporting of planned time against effective time.

There may be other issues I am not aware of at the moment.
Despite that, we still find the software useful and correctly priced.

Pros

It allows visualizing multiple projects and the interplay of resources on those multiple projects. It is useful up to 6 months of forecast, with some tweaks it could go further.

Cons

Usability can be improved. Lots of inputs required to allow a faithful representation of the plan, rather time-consuming.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Giuseppe!

Thank you again for finding your time for the feedback. Will try to answer the issues you had.

1) Are weekends considered a working time or not depends on your Ganttic settings. If they are not but they are shown in the Gantt charts, then these two days are not taken into consideration in calculations.

2) Similarly, from the settings you can set the working hours and you do not need to do it again manually.

3) We have improved reports a lot recently and have also added the charts option.

I hope this helps and feel free to contact us at anytime.

Scott K.

Love Ganttic

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

As someone who is in charge of 14 technicians working throughout the country, remote communication is critical to our success. Ganttic allows me to manage an ever-changing schedule while automatically communicating the details of projects with technicians in the field. It's easy to use and customer support has been good so far. The only recommendation I would give is to provide tutorials on setting up the sync function with Google Calendar as soon as you sign up for Ganttic. It was a little trial and error at first until I was able to get in touch with customer support. A few short tips allowed me to get synced with my employees' calendars. I recommend it.

Pros

The visual scheduling for my technicians in the field and managing an ever-changing (daily and sometimes hourly) schedule. As things change, I can see who's available.

Cons

Training or tutorials could be improved. I know there is a lot more functionality than what I use, but it isn't obvious where to find the training. Report functions could be improved. When I run reports, I have a hard time filtering the reports for only the information I desire. One function I wish they had is a daily summary of how many people and jobs are scheduled. Right now, I have a separate Gant chart in excel that I use to list projects and ID my personnel demand per day. This would be beneficial in forecasting employee utilization and growth demands.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Scott!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to tell you that we have worked with our helpdesk a lot and now we have tutorials with videos and text available in our homepage. In addition, we have added the charts option to reports that should also help you with the problems you had.

Thomas D.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

I have been using Ganttic for a couple years now I think it is a great tool and I would never want to go without it. the web version of Ganttic I am really impressed with, the Ganttic app I really expected more. What the app does have is great I was expecting to be able to see the schedule for all of the guys as a whole instead of just seeing the individuals schedule that you click on also I was expecting to be able to make schedule changes on the app version as well. Maybe I am wrong and you can do all of this stuff I just got the app and haven't played with it much so I could be wrong here. Thank you.

Pros

being able to schedule multiple people on the same job and also looking at an expanded view and seeing 1-2-3 weeks ahead

Cons

I wish that when I have multiple resources on one task I could change 1 individual resources timeline and not affect the others. For example, I have 3 employees scheduled for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday on one job, when I need to change just one of those 3 employees to say work only Monday and Tuesday I have to delete that task from that resource and create a new one to show only the two days instead of the three.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Thomas!

Thank you for the feedback you provided.

I just wanted to give you heads up that this is possible in Ganttic. For this you just need to use the checkmarks next to a resource.

Does this work for you?

Todd S.

• Customer Support Software

Quality scheduling app keeps our operations planning humming

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

After looking wide for a solution to scheduling our approximately 75 employees and almost 100 major pieces of equipment, Ganttic provided us exactly what we were looking for. At the beginning when we were getting set up, the support team reached out and Skyped with us, guiding us through adding our first resources and planning our first project. Since then we use the web app on a daily basis to update changes from the field and track upcoming operations for schedule conflicts. The easy drag-and-drop nature of re-scheduling allows us to quickly edit projects and have all the connected resources come along for the ride. Having multiple users with various permissions ensures system access to other employees but control of editing to just a handful of administrators. We love the report exporting features as well, to create weekly hand-outs for our scheduling meets.

Pros

Real-time updates across logins - when one person makes a change it's immediately displayed on other computers without any apparent conflicts or synching delay.

Cons

The iPhone app doesn't provide the views that are useful for us - would be better if it more closely mirrored the website experience.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Todd!

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided. I am happy to tell you that we are making our web site step-by-step mobile responsible. We will keep you updated and I hope this will solve long-term the only issue you brought forth.

Tanner W.

• Customer Support Software

Ganttic is what every resource management software should aspire to be.

Reviewed on 05/01/2022

I have spent the last 5 years looking for software to allow our mid-sized contracting firm to organize our schedule further out than one month. We were using three different products to poorly emulate what Ganttic does. One of them was google calendar and Ganttic has very good calendar sync features which make our transition pretty seamless.

Pros

- It allows the whole company to schedule multiple projects in one place and easily see potential bottlenecks.

- Outstanding customizability.

- Super helpful support team.

- Really well thought out. If the software works a certain way, it's usually because of a very smart reason.

Cons

- Unattractive UI.
- A few weird limitations on the gantt chart. They were very receptive to requests for change on this.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the positive review, Tanner. Regarding the UI, you are welcome to suggest any improvements and ideas that would make Ganttic more intuitive to use.

Hans D.
  • Industry: Media Production

Simple but efficient

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

My task was to get a fast and clear overview on available staff and work that needs being done. SO I started to set up a resource called "Tasks not assigned" and then added all my people to the system. Now anyone can add a task and I can easily assign these tasks to available people, while at the same time being aware of availability of resources. My crew has "read-only" access, so they know exactly what is going on, where their colleagues are and what will happen in the coming weeks. This is NOT a project management tool, which I don't need, as I need to keep track of resources rather than projects!

Pros

Web-based, real-time update on changes, clear structure

Cons

I had some issues with "all-day" tasks and local timezones. To overcome this, my PC is now set to the Timezone of the company's HQ. I would like a more flexible User model. If I have 1 resource more than the license allows, I need to buy the complete next package, which is over the top for me.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Hans!

Thank you for the review! We are glad that Ganttic helps you to get an overview of your staff. You can actually choose a timezone you want to plan in, in the planner, too: http://ganttic.com/blog/new-feature-time-traveling-now-available-in-ganttic

Hope that helps!

• Customer Support Software

We use Ganttic for project team resourcing.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

Great price. Great as a resource tool. Amazing customer service, we made a catastrophic mistake in our account and the highly responsive service rep was able to load a backup within a few hours. I would recommend this tool to friends and other companies.

Cons

My biggest frustrations are:
1) The inability to simply click & drag an allocated block of time to move it back and forth along the timeline or up and down between team members.
2) The inability to "split" blocks of time. Example: I assign a 4-day block of time to 1 resource. Then another resource becomes available and I want to move 2 of those hours to this new resource. I should be able to click on the block of 4, click "split" which would break the block up into 2 blocks of 2 hours, then I should be able to DRAG that 2hr block to the new resource.
3) The reports are extremely lacking. I either want the option of a basic .csv export of my allocations or I want a streamlined display of our ganttic data. Currently reports give me a ton of fields and rows that don't display well and cloud the actual data.

Response from Ganttic

Hi!

Thank you for the valuable feedback. I will try to answer your questions.

1) Drag and drop is one of the strengths of Ganttic. Could you please elobarete what does not work?

2) For this we do not have a perfect solution that fits your needs. However, you could use the task copy function and then drag it till the right time period. Would that work for you?

3) We have the option to download the report as a CSV. Now we also added visual reports. All the data you have in Ganttic can be taken out via reports. What kind of information would you like to take out further?

Kyle S.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Ganttic

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Pros

It's very easy to use and it's very nice being able to see things done in real-time as we have a ever changing schedule. It's very customizable.

Cons

It might be nice if when you set someone's location, it appears underneath their name. Somewhere you don't have to click to see it. We've essentially just added the the location in parentheses next to their names, but sometimes it's too long and you can't even read it all.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the great review, Kyle!

If you wish to see more information under the resource name, choose from the view visibility section the medium chart row hight:

After that make sure that location data field has marked with a tick "Show value in chart"

Jason P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great Staff Time Planning Tool

Reviewed on 06/01/2017

We use Ganttic to coordinate and plan staffing for an office of 25 architects. It works well for us because everyone can fill out his/her own row for a couple of weeks in advance of staffing meetings and then we can fill in blanks and move projects around during our weekly staffing meetings. No other tool has been as helpful.

Pros

Ability to view graphically people's time allocations and potential conflicts or down times.

Cons

It's a little tedious. We don't manage time periods down to 15-minute intervals so that level of precision is not needed. For those who use the website regularly, it is not an issue.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jason!

Thank you for the feedback.

Just to give you heads up that from the settings you can change timing options and set default time interval for example to and hour or a day.

I hope this helps.

Bruno M.

Great planification tool

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

For our activity in construction, our flexibility is a key point. But for this we need an easy planification tool for our ressources (equipments and staff). And thanks to Ganttic we are able to track our ressources per day and to have a better estimation of our needs and that's a great advantage! When we need a new feature, they were able to do modification and propose good evolution and that's really good.

Pros

flexibility in terms of number of users.

Cons

Possibility for each user to save his own modification for the beginning and end date

Response from Ganttic

Hi Bruno!

Thank you for the review! We are happy to see that Ganttic gives you the advantage you need!

Regarding the con you wrote down, you can check out our helpdesk articles for user rights (administrators can control if a user can edit tasks or not): http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/users/user-types-and-default-rights-1 and if there's a need, you can change the rights for each project: http://ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/projects/special-permissions

Jon C.

• Customer Support Software

Steep learning curve, but once you're familiar with Ganttic, you realize how amazing it is

Reviewed on 05/01/2022

We have had a couple of product demo sessions with [sensitive content] in Customer Support. He is great to work with, responds promptly to our questions, and seems genuinely interested in helping us maximize the extent we use Ganttic in our processes.
One item that might be helpful would be to expand the timeframe(s) for available online meetings/demos. We are on the west coast in the United States and the only available slots are usually at 6 am in the morning or late at night our time.

Pros

We were looking for a program to help plan out our crew's availability and schedule more than just one week out. Ganttic does all this and more. The filters and multiple views are great. Notifications for our subcontractors and billing department are also a plus. The more we implement this, the more processes we discover Ganttic can help us streamline.

Cons

The dependencies and lag times between tasks need some work to be more in line with typical Gannt charts. The drag and drop function to assign tasks to resources is a little tricky in that you can easily change the date of a task by accident if you are not careful.

Response from Ganttic

Thank you for the review, Jon. It is a pleasure to work with you! As for demo session availability, this will soon be improved as we are already expanding the support team. If you cannot find a suitable time from the online booking calendar then just drop us a line. I am sure we'll find a suitable time for you.

Jeremy H.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 19/01/2020

saving time with live updates to the technician workloads and not requiring to send them schedules and amended schedules

Pros

changing required details for large job scales and rescheduling small jobs between technicians

Cons

restricted options in views to see technicians workloads together

Response from Ganttic

Hi Jeremy!

Thank you for your feedback.

To be honest, I believe that we have the functionality you are looking for:
A) For seeing technicians workload together, we would advice to group your technicians with the help of resource custom data fields: https://www.ganttic.com/helpdesk/features/resources/resources-custom-data-fields
B) Maybe you do not have the permissions to see that information?

Either way, if something remained confusing, feel free to write us at anytime from [email protected] or book a free demo from here: https://www.ganttic.com/personal-demo

Sylvain V.

Ganttic - Team Management for Software Development

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

As a Software Development Coordinator, I couldn't do without it. Managing a Team of 27 in a very dynamic software development context, with hundreds of tasks, using a standard Gantt chart isn't quite efficient. Ganttic allows us to manage resources, workload, and availability at a glance thanks to Ganttic. It is so easy to add tasks with multiple dependencies, from Analysis to Dev, testing, and QA. Move things around, plan, use color coding for project Status or Phases. Creating reports on a jiffy, managing holidays, vacations and what else. Probably the only software from many others required in my daily tasks, that I really like using.

Now, an API would make Ganttic a killer app!

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility. Reliability. Cost. Usefulness.

Cons

An API would be great to have.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Sylvain!

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to announce that API is in our development plans. I will give you heads up if I have more information about it.

Rahul B.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

• Customer Support Software

Ganttic - A must for organised people!

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

After we started using Ganttic a few years ago we have grown to love every aspect of the scheduling tool. It's great for planning, logging, and pulling reports on all aspects of our choosing. Customer support is quick and efficient, and I love the way they strive to make improvements.

I recommend trying Ganttic, you'll be hooked especially once you see how competitively priced it is. 10/10

Pros

Ease of use, price, and functionality

Cons

When you move a job from one resource to another or edit it the notes icon indicates it's been read when it hasn't

Response from Ganttic

Hi Rahul!

Thank you so much for the feeback. I believe that the issue you brought forth has been resolved now :)

Brad P.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Brad Peters with Fluid Dynamics

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

We use Ganttic for scheduling our resources. It has become a necessary and vital part of our business operations. We now are able to clearly see any complications in scheduling to meet customers expectations. Ganttic is a valuable tool for our business.

Pros

Ease of use, access through the internet, value

Cons

Insert function not available. To insert a task in an occupied time slot requires all the later task to be moved manually to make room for the insert. Would be desirable if later tasks automatically moved to allow for the added task.

Response from Ganttic

Hi Brad!

Thank you for the feedback you provided. We will forward this to our development team and will give you heads when we have any development in this regard.