Autopilot

Marketing automation software made visual.

4.3/5
Customer Support Software

100 Software options

Bryan M.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

The most powerful and modern marketing automation software

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Autopilot allows us to schedule complex marketing automation sequences with ease.

Pros

Autopilot allows my team to do everything we need. We can setup complex customer journeys quickly, and with confidence. The ability to automatically attach to an HTML form and make it functional saves a lot of time and allows us to insert complex forms anywhere without needing to have a separate form submission database.

Cons

While there are some organization features like folders, I feel that journeys can get a little crowded quickly.

Ben B.

• Customer Support Software

A great way to manage email campaigns.

Reviewed on 28/04/2019

Autopilot is our email campagin management platform. It's really quite nice.

Pros

Two features really stand out to me, and prove the usefullness of Autopilot: the UI and the analytics.

The graphical UI for building email journeys is very intuitive, and super easy to use. However, it's also super powerful. We've pluged in Salesforce, several different databases, and our customer support system, and using the fun shapes on the Journeys page. It's as simple as dragging objects onto the staging area and connecting them. In just a few minutes, you can have a analytics-focused email campaign ready to go, all without a bit of code.

And once your journey is started, and your email send, the real-time data you get from your targets extremely granular. We get updates down to the second for events as small as vertical scrolling and mouse hovers over hotlinks. It's very impressive.

Cons

Autopilot feels very heavy in the browser. I really can't explain why it's as slow as it is sometimes. Pages can take up to 30 seconds to load, and that's on high end desktop workstations. I know there is a very complex backend for Autopilot, but on occassion the slow performance is inexcusable. It could just be that we manage dozens of journeys and hundreds of thousands of entries at the same time, but Autopilot can be quite slow.

Also, sometimes the autofill feature in autopilot is erratic. This is a minor complaint, but you will notice it if you use Autopilot a lot.

Response from Autopilot

Thanks for taking the time to review Autopilot. We are always improving the experience of our clients.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Great Tool For Those Looking For Ultimate Flexibility

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

We have integrated every data point from our site to custom Autoplit fields and then uses custom segments and journeys to automate our email sequences, Google ad Audiences, and Hubspot lead assignment.

The price is great for small companies looking for flexibility without having to dish out the money for Pardot etc..

Pros

If your creative and are or have access to developers you can make Autopilot handle just about anything you want. Unlike Pardot, Marketo and other marketing automation systems, Autopilot has allowed me to create, send, and sync customer data across platforms.

If it exists you can connect and send data to it - just maybe not right out of the box.

Cons

Where Autopilot excels at creating amazing journeys and automation, its reporting and contact management isn't quite as robust.

Willy O.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to set up, powerful software

Reviewed on 29/08/2017

Well worth the money

Pros

Thanks to the integration with Segment, Autopilot was very easy to integrate using our existing triggers. Set up was also smooth and out of all of the marketing automation tools, Autopilot has the best onboarding and set up experience. Their unique ui/ux make it very easy to set up campaigns that not only include email and SMS triggers, but unique integrations with companies such as Lob that let you programmatically send postcards.

Cons

There is room for improvement with people/user tracking. Currently we're using GoSquared to fill in the gaps.

Alicja W.

Beautiful, powerfull and userfriendly

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Pros

I love Autopilot journeys and campaigns. I like the way how you onboard new users. I like your newsletters "in the loop" which was stopped now but hope to see it coming on my mailbox back again. The idea of helping users to develop in order to develop yourself in wonderful. I love your templates that are very customer-oriented and give ideas on how to use Autopilot more.

Cons

None. Just looking for features in Actions in Campaigns like resend to not opened etc.

Ratko I.

• Customer Support Software

A great tool for personalising communications with customers through emails and SMS.

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Onboarded more than 100 users for a client. Created clients out of inquiries.

Pros

Easy to setup first for simple campaigns. Reporting is quite powerful and easy to use. Integrates with a few powerful apps (Slack, Segment, Instapage). Ability to create powerful campaigns with a lot of triggers and actions (no limit)

Cons

Price is too high. A bit more complex than what you can find in guides - you need to talk to support to fully understand it. Some things need to be sorted through support. Can't change account name or invoice details.

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Focused, well oiled software for engagement

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Autopilot helped me target a specific problem of client engagement within my company - the lack of personalization. This was an easy thing to add into our existing marketing capabilities to add that extra oomph.

Pros

Autopilot is easy to use. It is directly linked to a specific purpose of client engagement with no bells and whistles that can tend to distract rather than enhance.

Cons

Would be nice to be able to connect to other apps.

Robbie P.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Beware: Ludicrous Pricing Model

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

Pros

As a concept, AutoPilot is great. We believed in it so much that we spent weeks building out a 100 day journey that included emails, audiences and lists...

Cons

But then we encountered something extremely absurd... AutoPilot syncs and bills for any and all contacts you have in PipeDrive—*even deleted contacts* 😑

Said differently, whether or not your contacts have ever been on a journey in AutoPilot, they charge you for them; and they continue to sync deleted contacts from PipeDrive as if they are equivalent to active contacts.

After contacting AutoPilot multiple times, they refused to acknowledge how ridiculous this was. Instead they recommended to 1) not keep our past 14,000 customers in PipeDrive 🙄 2) remove the PipeDrive integration and add/remove all contacts via Zapier 😖 or 3) contact PipeDrive engineers every single time we delete a contact and have them “really delete” the contact.

AutoPilot, if you are reading this, you’ve simply got to stop the freaking madness. You’ve lost us as customers, because it’s utterly absurd how much of our time and money you wasted over such a short-sighted pricing policy. The only thing we should be billed for are contacts who are on an actual journey through your software.

Sue Q.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Great tool!

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

I love this tool. You can set up campaigns and forget about all the manual work once properly set up.

Pros

Great tool for onboarding and lifecycle stages. You can set up multiple campaigns to send according to your specifications, depending on target behaviors.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve when setting up new campaigns, hard to figure out on your own but fairly easy to comprehend with a bit of training.

Daniel J.

Top Marks For Customer Service

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

Pros

I'm a visual person and I really enjoy seeing the blueprint of my email automation journey laid out in the format offered by Autopilot, They also demonstrate the incredible capability of their platform by using features to offer an incredible customer service experience. They saw I was searching their knowledge base, reached out to me as a courtesy, and answered a question I couldn't find the answer to. That saved me a lot of time.

Cons

It's fairly new, so it doesn't have all the plugins and features that more mature platforms like Mailchimp offer. I anticipate that they'll catch up relatively quickly.

Joshua F.

Fantastic customer support

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

It took awhile adjusting to the way contacts work, but once done, everything was pretty intuitive. The support pages were well-documented so it was very easy to find the help I need by myself.

No product is perfect, but I do appreciate the people behind the team doing their best to guide me along, even when I am not their biggest customer.

Cons

Be careful with the Pipedrive integration, it will sync all your contacts and you might be automatically have your plan upgraded as a result.

Schaeffer A.

Solid email marketing tool

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

If you're looking to create automatic email marketing campaigns, I would highly consider taking a look at Autopilot. They let you customize when/how specific emails are triggered to segments of your userbase.

Zhenya V.

Highly automated marketing

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

I'm greatly satisfied.

Pros

Its customization, it's possible to do a lot of things with Autopilot.

Cons

Sometimes an interface is not so intuitive.

Jens B.

• Customer Support Software

Amazingly Easy! The Customer support are superb.

Reviewed on 04/06/2016

I use it together with Elegant Theme Dive Builder for WordPress. I make landing pages that capture emails for my clients and then make a journey of emails, to make leads to buying leads. This is one of the best web app I have tried.

Pros

Customer support is really good. The best of Autopilot is that it is so easy to understand and use. You have a superb view over the whole journey of emails, triggers and so on.

Cons

There are some API, that I am missing. I would like them to connect to other than Salesforce CRM system.

Maximilian I.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

It. Just. Works... And then blows your mind

Reviewed on 18/07/2016

It is rare to find a company that cares so much about their product. Mike and the whole team really take care of you and are incredible hands on. Highly suggest to at least check out the trial.

Pros

The product works as it states, incredible ease of use, and customer service is great.

Cons

a bit tricky to learn at first, but they will walk you through everything. Relative to everything, extreme ease of use. No real cons.

Brian W.

Setting this up now...

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

And it is a breeze to work with. I especially like the video tutorials and the simple layout tool to make planning the journeys easy.

Veronica B.

• Customer Support Software

An efficient assistant in email campaigns

Reviewed on 28/04/2019

using it on a free trial has been very useful fur our business

Pros

Its excellent templates makes easier give shape to any marketing campaign. Our salesforce quickly learned to use it.

Cons

So far I do not find deficiencies in the software

Kate J.

• Customer Support Software

A great tool, with great visual cues, powerful automation and integrations

Reviewed on 26/02/2020

Great platform, easy to learn and use, engaging for the team, awesome customer support, truly helpful content.

No regrets. It's perfect for teams that are just starting out.

Pros

Because of the visual workflow (or journeys, as they appropriately call them) builder, this is an easy platform to catch on to. Getting the team to dive in and build our or edit journeys is quick and simple and doesn't require two days of reading documentation and tutorials to understand. Autopilot has done an amazing job of making the building of the workflows collaborative as well. Being able to annotate, comment, add images etc helps not only the team understand the goals, but is killer for reminding you why you built something the way you did a month later.

The email, CRM, Slack integrations are all easy to set up and use as well.

Cons

I believe they are working on it since there have been a lot of updates recently, but the email manager could use a bit more love - it just doesn't stand out as well against the rest of the platform. Building and editing an individual email is simple enough, but managing the full list can be tricky.

The reporting on the messaging bot is also lacking - but that feature is easy to use and helpful. It's easy to trust that they will continue to improve this.

Mailchimp and HubSpot Sales Hub

Reasons for Switching to Autopilot

The visual designer and the confidence that I could get up and running fast enough.
Garrett G.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A Great Alternative to Full-Fledged Automation Software

Reviewed on 13/10/2018

Autopilot is a great solution if you're looking for something to automate a sequence of emails. I wouldn't consider it a replacement for full-fledged marketing automation software... yet, but it's a fantastic tool for email automation. Just keep in mind that there are a few hiccups that you'll potentially need to navigate such as email SpamAssassin errors (always use mail-tester.com to check your emails) and CRM sync issues.

Pros

It seems to me that Autopilot does only one thing - but it does that one thing REALLY well. I tested Autopilot briefly for a few weeks as an alternative to the drip program functionality in our Marketing Automation software. I was extremely impressed with how easy it is to build a drip program (called a "Journey" within Autopilot), as well as with the breadth of logic and functionality offered. Autopilot really sets itself apart with some amazing - seriously amazing - integrations and functionality that our Automation platform doesn't offer, such as sending SMS text messages or physical postcards.

I really like that Autopilot offers in-app chat support, and that you generally don't need to wait longer than 5 minutes to get someone to help you out.

Cons

During the few weeks I tested Autopilot, I found a few issues that prevented me from really continuing to use the software for my use-case. The integration with Salesforce was clunky and un-intuitive, and most concerningly, it seemed that when the platform saw leads that already existed in Salesforce, it would stop them from progressing through the drip program. This was a real frustration, and I ended up just disconnecting Autopilot from the CRM in order to finish my test.

Another concern we had was that after testing the emails I had configured using mail-tester.com, there was an error identified that could only be resolved by getting a dedicated IP address - something which adds a significant additional monthly cost to the cost of the program.

Adrien W.

• Customer Support Software

Good tool but some things to improve

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Autopilot has been a good tool to use but we had too many issues with the tool. There were a lot of disconnections with Pipedrive. The e-mail features are not that great.

Pros

I like the simplicity and the design of the tool. It's very easy to understand and to set up. There a lot of connections with other platforms such ad Google Ads Facebook and CRMs.

Cons

I do not like the price model, it's quite expansive. Be careful. And the connectivity with Pipedrive is not very good.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing Autopilot

We needed more features.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Autopilot

We had already a CRM so we did not see the value of purchasing ActiveCampaign.
Richard H.

Great for automating Marketing requirements

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

Very good. Customer service is incredible, so I feel like any issues or objectives I want to hit are fully supported by the team. I hope this only improves as they grow and doesn't become watered down.

Pros

You can plan multiple campaigns visually and then share the boards (completed with annotations) with the client. This means everyone is on the same page and understands how the campaign will proceed. The customer support is also second to none - really good. It's also very visual - as someone who gets easily distracted and bored easily, being able to visualise campaigns in a physical way really helps.

Cons

The reporting in the email side of things could be better. Mailchimp, for example, provides decent reporting with easy actions (like automatic re-send to non-openers' - AP requires you do smart segmenting (which is actually better in the long term), but the mental journey to sort this out would be impossible without the customer support (so it isn't an issue).

Jamie M.

Marketing Automation on Steroids

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Pros

Autopilot is a marketers dream tool. You can create a 'journey' for almost any task, from sending out an email newsletter to creating an advanced nurture journey based on segmentation, rules, lead owners, default and custom fields, website actions and much, much more. If you use tools such as Salesforce and Segment then you can get even more out of the tool with less work, but I personally don't use either and I still get a huge ROI on the product. They also just updated the email building tool which was a very welcome update.

Cons

It would be great if the tool worked with other CRM's than just Salesforce. Some of the actions and triggers, particularly when it comes to API triggers are quite limited so some improvements with that would be great. The price can get quite high with large numbers of contacts and the business plan selected (A/B testing, API triggers and more). I would also like to see an end-user subscription management feature added so that I can fully move away from other email tools (i.e. MailChimp) whilst being compliant with the likes of GDPR.

• Industry: Higher Education Software

• Customer Support Software

Extensive options at a reasonable price for automation

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

Autopilot was originally a breath of fresh air for us. It gave us sophisticated contact-tracking, marketing automation and Salesforce integration inside of a pleasant UI with tools that were easy to understand. The Salesforce integration has subsequently become irritatingly expensive for a small organization.

Pros

The visual feedback of the journeybuilder makes automation easy and enjoyable to construct
The wealth of options available for triggering, and for actions to trigger in journeys
The contact-tracking functions are extensive and sophisticated
Support is quick and helpful

Cons

Segment-building is rudimentary, and once a segment is deployed, the criteria cannot be edited, which leads to a logjam of similar segments for various automations that have to be either maintained and organized, or carefully deleted.
Journeys, segments, and emails can easily become cluttered and lead to a general feeling of disorganization
The Salesforce integration has become increasingly expensive

• Customer Support Software

The beginning of a long romance with mailing system you won't see coming

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

Pros

Being a non-developer in developer-heavy environment, I greatly value products that allow you to set up stuff in graphic editor. While it was not so easy at first, once I worked with it for a while I find it intuitive, smart, and allowing you to quickly get to what you need. It also allows you to set up complicated journeys relatively easy!

Cons

If you won't have a colleague to show you the ropes, it may be challenging to start using. The pricing is rather steep and pays off only if you want to heavily personalize your journeys - if you are looking for bulk simple solutions, then the pricing is suboptimal.

• Customer Support Software

Flexible tool for email campaigns

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

Pros

I really like how easy it is to set campaign, even the one where you want to use multiple conditions along the road. You just don't need any tech knowledge to set it up. It integrates great with Pipedrive so you can automatically remove contacts from your email campaign. Big kudos for Reporting section.

Cons

Deliverability of emails - we've compared it with other players on the market and with big campaigns it is an issue.