Tipalti

Jill
  • Industry: Biotechnology

International Payments Made Easy

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

Tipalti's implementation and support teams have been great throughout. We have realized cost savings in both personnel costs and foreign transaction fees. Tipalti has put our finance department one step closer to our goal of operational excellence.

Pros

We love the user friendly interface and the ease of navigating around the system. Tipalti makes it easy to quickly view status of payments and invoices. Having one payment run for international and domestic payments reduces time and costs. It is fantastic having a completely paperless payable process!

Cons

The OCR feature is just Ok. There is still a thorough invoice review by our internal accounting team. I have noticed over time that it is getting smarter. During implementation, registering vendors on the software was more work than anticipated, but we appreciate the fact that electronic validation of W-9s helps minimize work for our staff now.

AvidXchange, Stampli, Bill.com, and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti

International payments and was the most user friendly

Response from Tipalti

Hi Jill,

Your positive and thorough review is so uplifting! Thank you for rating Tipalti a 10/10. It sounds like we have a little more to improve with the OCR technology, but also it's great to know that you're seeing improvements since you first started using Tipalti.

We hope to continue making improvements to stay a perfect 10 for your team's workflow.

Eric
  • Industry: Legal Services

• Customer Support Software

Great way to pay worldwide

Reviewed on 29/08/2016

We've used Tipalti since their early days and have been very happy with the services and features. I was looking for a way to pay our research contractors who live worldwide. We've paid people in more than 100 countries and with that needed to improve the efficiency of the process. We also had a concern that our worldwide payments are in compliance with money transfer regulations.
Tipalti brought a terrific money transfer solution that's very efficient and supports a variety of payment options. We implemented Tipalti into our payment process and have since transferred millions of dollars worldwide.

Pros

Our researchers love the lower fees compared to just PayPal payments and the variety of money transfer choices. It's dependable and our researchers get paid in a dependable manner. The ability to capture payment details and tax forms without the headache of PCI compliance has been a big help for us.

Cons

Sometimes it would be nice if more of the configuration options were available in the actual application. There are some choices and options that are not easily known unless you go back and forth with support.

Lisa
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

• Customer Support Software

Software selection proves a success

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Overall, we are thrilled with selecting the right product for our business case. The staff are extremely helpful and flexible in ensuring it can meet our requirements with some tailoring as required.

Pros

The ability to process invoices from time of receipt to actual payment. Ability to handle multi-entity as well as handling of invoice management for a HNW individual.

Cons

UI not always that strong - could use some improvements in the structure of the tool and the user interface.

Yokoy

Reasons for Choosing Tipalti

Not scalable

Gmail and Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti

Yokoy doesn´t offer payment capabilities. Business Central just a bit heavy and not in line with our company size.
Catina
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

My POINT of view...

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Pros

I like the new ACH Debit feature that allows us to save time from manually transferring funds from our bank to Tipalti. This saves us a great deal of time!
I also appreciate being able to create unique Payee ID's.

Cons

One of the issues I have is when you need to cancel an approval request, you are not able to let the approver know that the request has been cancelled. I
It would be nice to be able to add bills to a payment order that has already been scheduled.
No option to chat with the Support team when needing to reach out to them. It appears the only way to reach them is via email.

David

Great Product & Service

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

using tipalti has solved the administrative burden of managing payees and their payment info, allows for easy process of payments, additional users (account managers) have access and can easily understand and provide support to payees (including information on payments - paid or pending) without needing to connect account managers to company's accounting software (which is more complicated to use)

Pros

ease of use, manages supplier payments in logical and comprehensive way - allowing to see current status and allows for payment planning, streamlines invoice approval process for payees, reduces significantly administrative effort to manage payee bank info (and tax-related docs), simple and easy process to issue payments

Cons

some additional flexibility on managing customization of payments and ability to see in single view the unpaid balance of payees

Azizah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

E2E payment solutions

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

Pros

CSV-based transaction files provide more distinguished adaptability. Our licensing software generates fees that may be simply formatted to coordinate with the transaction file's specifications. Tipalti has lessened the time it takes to collect and disperse quarterly royalties from days to hours.

Cons

Among my complaints is that it is impossible to notify the approver that a rejected approval claim has been submitted. It might be helpful if invoices could be added to a pending payment order so customer can see the progress easily.

Vilim

Tipalti review

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

Overall Tipalti is great software and help us with our AP processl.

Pros

We use Tipalti for AP and it is working great as they provide great approval work flow and payment process.

Cons

One of the issues is reporting as Tipalti provide only hand full of standard reports.

Coupa Business Spend Management

Price
Daysi Aileen
  • Industry: Sports

Tipalti AP Solution Review

Reviewed on 23/08/2022

Overall, it's been a great experience. It's easy to use, the implementation process was all good and going through the platform is very smooth and user friendly. It has QBO integration, which facilitates the coding in our accounting system, saving us a lot of time.

Pros

It's very user friendly, and gives you control of everything that goes on. As well is very easy to generate reports and the support team is very responsive and helpful.

Cons

There's some minimum for payments to specific countries that is kind of a limitation for the staff we have there which lead us to use other platforms. The 1099s have to be processed manually when working on the end of year filing.

Itamar

• Customer Support Software

Tipalti - makes your life easy with accounts payables

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Pros

Self-billing / invoices
Onboarding
UX
UI

Cons

Should have an option to customize reports

Payoneer

Bills
Phan

• Customer Support Software

TIPALTI is my time saver

Reviewed on 26/05/2021

TIPALTI has saved a lots of my time on processing the payment on invoices

Pros

I like the Automation how Tipalti read and memorize invoices and putting it to the appropriate Payee, portal, and also I love the Paperless idea.

Cons

I wish Tipalti able to sync the PDF file along with the bill over to NetSuite

Response from Tipalti

Hi Phan! Thank you for leaving us such a positive review! We are thrilled to hear that we've helped you to save time on processing invoice payments. That's our goal!

• Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Great solution for our needs!

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

My experience was just as I expected. it was easy to handle and to extract data from. it simplifies the procurement process for us as a cross global organisation and we can use one platform and get rid of the ticketing system which is not so easy to handle and to follow.

Pros

What I like the most in this app that it simplifying the process of procurement for us and it is such an intuitive app to work with.

Cons

For my opinion the issue is not the SW itself is it to educate the other departments that needs to use this app and transfer all the data there. the integration with other apps in our orgnization were great and run smoothly.

Valter
  • Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

Tipalti as a pristine gateway

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Overall, the software and business is exceeding expectations and can be a value to any company in e-commerce or other financial obligation settlement needs.

Pros

The streamlined and ergonomic interface, together with global reach and end-user CRMs, make the payment obligations such an easy task, it's pratically effortless.

Cons

Ocassional payments stuck with less calrity on the reasoning.

Dylan

Great product!

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

Pros

The software is very user friendly and automated.

Cons

Having to fund our Tipalti account to pay vendors.

Response from Tipalti

Hi Dylan,

We greatly appreciate your positive review of the product! The user-friendliness and automation capabilities are where we hang out hat, and I'm glad that you're finding value with us.

Your feedback on the payments is also appreciated and I am passing it on so that we can continue to prioritise these enhancement ideas.

Ahmet Yakup

Useful App

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

Pros

it really helped me in my sales work. I saw its effect in my account works.
I'm sure users will be satisfied.

Cons

Except for a few minor mistakes, I just found the customer service flawed, other than that it was a good experience.

Dana
  • Industry: Computer Networking

• Customer Support Software

Approve.com is an example why you would rather buy a saas solution then build one

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

Approve .com has a great team of people, they understand the business of purchasing very well. the product has a NS interface which was very fast to implement. I love it!

Pros

intuitive, easy to implement, flexible and has cool UI!
Support is quick.

Cons

Approve is growing startup and they are missing some features as admin page but they are delivering new features very fast .

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Tipalti

Approve has a flexible approval cycle , much better UI and is very easy to use . no training is needed! An erp system would never be able to provide such an easy business flow which fits our requirement so Well.
Ana

• Customer Support Software

User friendly and great customer service

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

The customer service is always kind and attentive.

Pros

Invoice processing efficiency has improved by 90%. Storing of invoices and tax documents, TIN validation and banking information is all in one place. Email inquiries have decreased dramatically.

Cons

The implementation was not as smooth and seamless as we would have liked. The initial uploads created several duplicate vendors and not all invoices uploaded properly.

Reka
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

A user-friendly software for managing payments

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Our business uses Tipalti to manage the payments of thousands of users located all around the world. They all use different currencies and have different tax requirements, but with the help of this software, this is extremely easy to oversee.

Pros

I am a user of Tipalti who is not particularly well versed in finances, but the platform is so easy to understand that even I can use it with confidence. I also received excellent customer service from Tipalti numerous times.

Cons

I cannot say that there is anything I dislike about the software. I haven't had any major negative experiences so far.

Peleg
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Great product - huge time saver!

Reviewed on 26/07/2020

First and foremost - it helped us decrease request processing time and remove hundreds of email threads per month. That alone is a worthwhile reason (bureaucracy is a speedbump for businesses).
It also gave us a window to look into vendor performance and spend patterns - which help us make the processes more efficient.
All in all - great product. needs a little adjustment for full automation but will highly recommend!

Pros

The product is very easy to use, and the integration was very easy (including great help from the team!).
It features a centralized and searchable vendor portal for all vendor data in an easy-to-use interface, and completes it with an automated vendor on-boarding process - which makes life super easy.
The product also allows me to easily set up standardized PR and PO processes to streamline the end-to-end procurement cycle, which is a huge help.

Cons

The feature I lacked most was automated file uploading. Currently, you have to manually upload files into the system each time.
However, I've discussed with the team and they are working on it so very hopeful!

Chris
  • Industry: Media Production

Straight Forward System!

Reviewed on 09/09/2016

Great system for the price. Overall great support when needed. Data is easily managed and we generally have a seamless AP schedule thanks to Tipalti.

Pros

Easy to manage vendor payments

Reconciliations are straight forward

Payments are easily executed

Cons

Lack of detail at times for error'd payments

Lack of integration with our primary business bank provider - Bank of America

Josh
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Excellent Software for Payments

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

Pros

Our business uses Tipalti to manage the payments of thousands of users. We have found the service to be very user-friendly and is easy to onboard new vendors. It streamlines to payables function and increases the efficiency of our accounting team. Additionally their customer service is always quick to respond and help with any problems we have.

Cons

If a vendor is not payable, it can sometimes be difficult to understand the cause. No automation of 1099.

Eran

• Customer Support Software

Approve.com put us one step closer to adopting big-company workflows, without the complexity

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

my pain was mid-management were buying products without an organized approval workflow, and without them having transperancy as to how much of their budget is left on a monthly basis. I was afraid of implementing a process using our ERP as it's not friendly enough and I want to be an enabler of my peers - Approve.com definitely hit my sweet spot with their offering.

Pros

- easy to onborad all the different stakeholders, no more approvals on slack or emails
- transparecny on Actual vs. Budget for every stakeholder
- suppliers onboarding saved us hours of the finance team every month

Cons

- missing vitual credit cards
- emails layout doesn't look good, images are too big etc. (I'm using MS outlook)

Diana

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to make multiple payments

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Pros

I've used Tipalti for the last three months. It's straightforward to manage and has allowed me to pay hundreds of new contractors located in different part of the world allowing them to choose between multiple payments methods for a reasonable fee. I love that contractors can create their own account by filling out their personal, tax and bank information, I can customize the app for them to receive notifications of the status of their payments. The invoice feature is one of the most valuable to me and has allowed me to streamline the process. Customer support is excellent.

Cons

The only problems I have is that fee contractors needed to make several attempts to sign in and register in the platform for the first time; also the system does not prevent them from uploading the same invoice more than once. I would like to have the feature to create contractors massively; customer support helps me with this.

Yehuda

Taboola

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Pros

Approve makes the procurement process super simple. It is extremely easy to implement, has a flexible and accurate approval flow and contains all the exact features a valid process needs without the complexity of other tools in its domain. Above all it is very user friendly, providing its users a great and painless experience.

Cons

We as early adopters encountered the natural teething pains of a brand new system. Still, we found an extremely supportive team at approve ready to cope with any problem or issue.
It was definitely worth it.

Patrick
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

New User - Early Appraisal

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

Our AP controller left and we did not replace her. Tipalti automates half of what she was doing (setting up new suppliers, processing supplier invoices, setting up payment runs and actually paying suppliers) at a lower cost and the control environment is strengthened too.

Pros

The product is pretty easy to use, the supplier management puts the emphasis on the suppliers to get details correct, and because they want to be paid they are motivated to do so. In addition, the control environment is strengthened with the screening of suppliers and the internal digital invoice approval process of invoices means budget accountability is strengthened.

It also integrates very well with NetSuite, which is important as that is my book of record.

Cons

The dashboard is not the best, it looks a bit out of date and could do with being refreshed. I would also like to see the product handle staff expenses and staff credit cards.

Alec

Aragon Review

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Pros

It is easy to use and clear in what is pending/has been paid. It is very secure as well.

Cons

Don't really have many negatives about Tipalti other than allowing vendors from other countries to be paid in US dollars occasionally causes issues.