Highrise CRM

Simple CRM for tracking leads and managing follow ups

4.5 /5 (124 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.4
Bismark D.

The most useful CRM I know. The features available are the most widely used. Powerful & Intuitive

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

I have been able to keep under control interactions with my customers regarding both sales and customer service. By using tasks, I never missed a follow up, an employee's birthday or anniversary. The software has given me a great sense of control and made it look simple.

Pros

I have been running two companies for the last ten years out of Highrise CRM. PROS: Only useful features included. I use ALL the features in highrise and feel that nothing is lacking. I can do sales, customer service out of the same database for two companies. The tags structure allows me to segment my contacts like no other system I have ever tried. The ability to now send mass emails to segments of or my entire database is extremely useful. The ability to create custom fields and then be able to search by them as well is simply amazing. Task management is very simple in Highrise, perhaps, the most intuitive I have ever seen. Deals and the search capabilities are the icing on the cake, but what truly sets this CRM apart from all its competition is how simple it is to use. You can start using it immediately. No videos to watch or learn. The system is that intuitive. I highly recommend this CRM to anyone running a small to mid size business.

Cons

From my perspective there are only two "cons" regarding Highrise. The first is the absence of a calendar, and second the inability to establish "relationships" between different objects in the database.

Cedric d. F.
Industry: Publishing

Good CRM program for the price -- great value!

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Organization and management of sales prospects.

Pros

The interactivity with programs like Linkedin and customers websites, etc. And you can sync with your mobile for portability.

Cons

Challenging to navigate initially ...still don't know how to operate all things. Simple things like finding my original user ID to sign into mobile app required contacting customer service and lost time awaiting a response. I'm old school and like to speak to a warm body for expediency in these cases, however, I'm aware this is the new norm.

Ivan C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Highrise packs a lot of power for a great price

Reviewed on 11/02/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's not sales force, but as a CRM tool it's got to be one of the better priced options considering the features.

Pros

I love Highrise. It offers great tagging with the ability to filter companies by tag and include employees of those companies (so you don't have to tag all employees). You can use it for broadcast email, although the bounce and spam rates are pretty tight to know you off the system. It will auto record all emails sent to clients using a BCC to highrise feature so you can store all interactions and make them available across all employees. You can add custom fields as well for mail merge. The desktop UX is great. The mobile UX is OK. The mobile apps are getting better. That's the main thing I like, they announce new features and functions routinely and it's getting better all the time.

Cons

I noticed that the broadcast email bounce signals were too tight the first time I used it. I sent something out to all my clients, but I work with restaurants and some email addresses were dead and they shut me down temporarily. Real email tools won't be so stringent. Could have improved since that effort as that was when it first came out.

Samuel S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Highrise is close to perfect, with responsive and helpful customer service

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

Business contact info and organization is excellent. Great customer support.

Pros

Highrise makes building your business contact list easy, with plenty of options for organizing them. Best of all is the way of filtering through tags. Sure, every site has tags, but if you really care about them as a way of creating lists and sublists and sub-sub-lists, you typically can't. Highrise's gives you a great way to view to filter through your contacts by adding/subtracting tags or word search. When I've run into problems or questions about certain features, the Highrise team is great at replying with real help. I'm not used to getting an answer so quickly from a website team without being put through the grinder of being put on hold or a beauracracy of emails, but Highrise has been stellar on that front.

Cons

Inputting your contacts is easy, with two available tabs for "person" or "company." However, you have to know which one you want to do before you start, because switching tabs/modes will erase any info you've already typed in. Would love Highrise yet more if they found a way to switch between tabs while retaining that info.

Ivan C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The best Customer Relationship Management Tool Ever!

Reviewed on 13/07/2016

I've been using Highrise for 6 years and there was a period under 37 signals that there wasn't a lot of innovation going on. Since 37 signals passed it off to Nathan Kontny and company it's been moving at light speed. I can't wait to get the Android app!

Pros

The ease of use, features, prices, and tutorials are all amazing. There's quite a few small features like BCCing all emails to your customer so you can review conversations is a game changer. Being able to tag tasks with colored codes really helps. My to do list looks like that are amazingly convenient.

Cons

I really wish my task list was organized by a calendar. There's some syncing to Google Calendar that people use, but I frequently move blue (not important) tasks to the next day when I run out of energy. Then I review it. Google Calendar doesn't update fast enough to review it. I really want to see it organized by day of the week. Also, an Android app would be nice.

Jesse S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

A great way to manage leads and opportunities

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

I just needed a simple place to track conversations with potential clients and marketing leads. Inputting conversations and information is as simple as blind carbon copying an email address. Setting up contacts and companies is simple. The to-dos are easy to use and follow.

Tracking the value of deals is extremely simple. Everything you need to track personal and team marketing leads without the hassle of unnecessary fields and information that isn't useful.

Pros

Super simple to use. This makes tracking leads and marketing contacts easy and fun to use.

Cons

I'd like to see some more automation and workflows when a new email is blind carbon copied into Highrise.

Lou L.
Industry: Entertainment

Use this run our small company.

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Helped us organize our second biggest asset, our contacts.

Pros

The software is wonderfully simply and efficient. We tried other CRMs and hoo boy were they overwhelming to the point of absurdity. I think the CRM space is filled with products designed for companies that are size of small countries. Highrise understands reality better than most.

Cons

My only gripe is the number of "Deals" I get for my tier. It's a tiny gripe to be sure, but an extra five would be great.

Mike G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Super easy to store client information, conversations, notes, etc.

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Pros

Ease of use, access from web or mobile. Constantly adding new features

Cons

We don't have the need to use cases, deals, or tasks, so I am under utilizing the power of the software but still feel it's a fair value.

Liz C.
Industry: Financial Services

Small Business Owners Take Note!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017

Great value, user-friendly, perfect for a small business. Price levels make it affordable. Features make CRM monitoring a smooth process.

Pros

Ease of use and accessibility

Cons

NA

Brian J.
Industry: Design

Great CRM

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 01/04/2019

I had a good experience with Highrise and was able to complete a lot of tasks using it.

Pros

I liked that I was able to stay on top of my client database of over 1K people with this online software. I do believe they are not taking on any more customers though or Highrise is over now.

Cons

It could be more user friendly. Possibly making the interface more customizable.

Theresa M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

We use HighRise to track all of our clients and events that we attend and host.

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Pros

Easy to use! Love that we can send documents by email to the event/deal that we are working on. It has become very easy to look at all the deals we currently have pending and fixed.

Cons

It would be nice if the tasks were a little easier to use, maybe integrate with Google calendar. I don't use the tasks mainly for this reason.

Kirsten F.

Excellent for the price

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Pros

Super inexpensive and not complex. if you are not someone who wants to deal with the complexity of Salesforce, Zoho or Podio, this is a great option.

Cons

The product is simple, sometimes too simple can't do the slight complex things you want to do with regards to flow, etc.

Keith P.

I've used Highrise for over a year.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 08/12/2017

Organization. Bigly. I'm sure others may find the software too basic. But I find it's simplicity to be a plus

Pros

It provides core CRM tools very well. Since that's pretty much all I'm looking for, it works great for me. It's intuitive to learn. I really appreciate the tagging feature that allows me to create groups without creating other objects within the environment.

Cons

I'm fumbled merging some contacts, so that could be a little easier. Still, pretty small potatoes.

Industry: Graphic Design

Way too much busy work required for what I need, could be useful for a medium sales team

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Nice looking powerful system, but it was just too many bells and whistles for what we needed to do.

Pros

Highrise is cute and fun to look at as far as contact management solutions go. I liked the way the contact profiles displayed once they were set up properly. I liked being able to save notes on each one.

Cons

I felt like the amount of work I had to do to get it set up with all of my contact data didn't justify the end result for my purposes. Since I'm the only person doing sales for our business, sticking with my old address book and notebook just worked better for me (maybe a bit dinosaurish of me but it just works better for me) but if you started filling it out as you go from the beginning of the company or had enough sales people working on the same system to justify it, it could be a great setup.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Industry: Internet

Highrise offers the functionality and ease of use needed for a whole team

Organization! Streamlined task management

Pros

I love the Highrise offers a clean user interface with great functionality made easy to use by everyone on a team, regardless of their comfort level with technology.

Cons

I wish you could see tasks that have been checked off/recover tasks that were accidentally checked off the same way you can view and recover deleted tasks.

Taylor W.

Super basic CRM

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Pros

It's really easy to setup and maneuver. When our business just started out, it was perfect - not complex, really simple.

Cons

It's just too basic. It can't support a complex sales cycle like we currently need. Definitely meant for really small companies.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Best CRM

Reviewed on 20/08/2018

Pros

Highrise is truly the best CRM I've used. It solves all the issues with creating and/or maintaining a data base and it's user friendly. It doesn't take much training to understand how it works and to use most of the functionalities.

Cons

Small issues with emails and overwriting data, however it's been overall a great experience.

Bryan A.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: Self Employed

Not open to new customers

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Pros

Never got to use this software. Last year they closed to new customers. Seems like it would have done what I wanted. It just looked good for my needs.

Cons

This software is now closed to new customers.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Carlos R.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

aesthetic review (mostly)

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 19/07/2016

The experience has been good. I think there's lots to gain from the application that I'm not using yet. It'd be great to see integrations with Asana as well.

Pros

It's helpful and functions well.

Cons

I think my biggest sticking point is that visually highrise needs an update!

Response from Highrise

Thanks for the review and feedback Carlos! We're working on lots of visual updates as we speak - though we want to introduce them in a way that minimizes disruption for current users. Hope they help!

Blake B.
Industry: Mining & Metals

Great lightweight CRM software

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Great! Store hundreds of contacts in a cloud based database and easily zip through them. They can be tagged however you imagine. The problem is that it takes a lot of time at the end of the day/week/month/cycle to go through and categorize them. I wish there were more automated workflows.

Pros

If you're ever skeptical that you need a heavy piece of software like Salesforce or Microsoft's CRM, you're probably right. This is lightweight, zippy, and constantly has new features that are coming out from the team behind Basecamp.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to remind me of my follow ups. I don't like manually having to set the next follow up date. There's still a lot of human involvement in the software.

Maria lenin L.
Industry: Management Consulting

Effective Task Delegation and Management for Remote Workers

Reviewed on 17/08/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like about Highrise is that all communication, attachment, employees, employee profile and notes are stored in Highrise. You can easily backtrack on employees profile, projects handled, commendation, areas for improvement for future promotion recommendation or to assess a resigned employee and wants to go back. Groups can be formed per project and you can add all emails of the employees within the group. Each group has its own designated high rise and each member will receive emails and important information or actions to be taken that should be addressed by the group to close a case. This is a cloud based application to track all open cases within a project to easily assign the action item to the person or group to accomplish tasks within given timeline.

Cons

The key here is to document everything in High rise and handle all open cases within a given time frame. However, each project or case should have a designated Team Leader to give directions per case and assign tasks within the group step by step and close the case if done. If no Leadership and delegation, still everyone can open the case if he/she is included in the team without knowing what needs to be done or who should be tapped in order for the case to move. Some cases should already been closed but was not tracked well. Some forget to put notes or document daily itinerary, progress and failures. If this happens, this software fails to achieve what the application was built for.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Brought some clarity to our practice's marketing efforts

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

Pros

As a large practice, we have both clinicians and physician liaison's marketing to local healthcare providers and the community. Prior to Highrise, we relied on individual communications on our targets and recent visits. It was disjointed and often resulted in redundant efforts or gaps in coverage. Highrise allows us to easily communicate who we visited with and when. It also allws us to make notes visible to team members and provide a single platform to house information on all our community and healthcare relationships. The alerts and notification emails highlighting recent events is useful as well. I highly recommend using Highrise.

Cons

For a large organization, the news feed isn't very useful. Perhaps if it was region specific it would be helpful but currently it is simply noise.

Selena N.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Great Price and Great functionality - Hard to Navigate at first

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Highrise has a computer and phone app which makes it super convenient for checking tasks when you're away from your desk. I love the many options you get when you use the software, The emailing system could be better, but honestly it gets the job done for the price. You can save templates and store databases as well. Its a great system.

Pros

You have a lot of options with Highrise. You can send mass emails, store databases, assign tasks to employees, set reminders, and more! Great task manager in my opinion.

Cons

The UI is hard to navigate at first. The tabs on the side are simple enough to understand, but I definitely think it could be organized and maybe explained a little better. But I have tried similar software and they have similar issues. Still this is my favorite.

Laura W.

I love Highrise! It feels like a trusted friend--keeping and sharing precious the information I need

Reviewed on 02/03/2018

Pros

Clean and clear design is cheerful and makes it easy to find and read information. The layout makes sense to me. Sharing notes and contacts in our small business makes all of us as smart about our customers as any one of us is. The easily customized tags and filters enables me to store information the way my brain works for sorting contacts. Easy import/export is fantastic as well.

Cons

I'd like the feature of notifying someone about a posted message to be available on a forwarded message as well. Doesn't currently seem to be. Flip side of customizing tags is that different people can inadvertantly create different tag names for essentially the same thing, making it easy to miss on the list you want. The benefit far outweighs this problem in my mind, but it has been a drawback for some of my colleagues.

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

It's been very helpful tool for managing data

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Pros

Easy to use and clean interface. The import and export tool works fantastic and I like the way how new features are brought into the system that helps the user to push the needle and achieve more and better organized.

Cons

I'd say I do not like anything least about Highrise, but it would be great to have the ms-outlook integration just as other new CRMs provide so it makes life easy to work with email client and highrise all at the same time.