Time Tracker Reviews

Time Tracker

4.4 (3,017)
Write a Review!
Track time for payroll, billing and productivity.

(3,017)
4.2/5
Customer Support Software

Sujit Kumar
Sujit Kumar

• Customer Support Software

Nice tool for creating a good working culture

Reviewed on 20/09/2022

It has been very easy to use since now. I do like the softwares which improve the productivity of the team and our brand. Keep adding new features.

Pros

I have been working with the team for the ongoing projects. Keeping track of each every activity was going tougher. The day since I started using time tracker, Tracking was very easy and workflow become smooth.
Highly recommended.

Cons

I don't count any cons but I do have some suggestions to grow the users.
They should charge lesser and they needs to work more on billing and invoicing.

Google Workspace

Not productive at all.

Google Forms
Mfundo

• Customer Support Software

Best to keep track on everything

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

my experience with time tracker has been nothing but the change in my life and how i get to track my time to do some errands of the day, time track to focus on clients things and it help with my our personal things when it comes to my work outs and time with family as well

Pros

Well i all honesty i have used time tracker way back before i started working, as a professional Fashion Model and Fashion Designer. for me i always say time is money and if you waste it it becomes a problem for me and my business hence i keep my time on track and everyday and that makes things very easy for me.

Cons

i would not say i least liked it at all. it has shows much improvement with my time management

• Customer Support Software

The bare minimum in time tracking. Irritating UX, dated pile of Windows 98, not beyond saving.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I was able to track my time and tell my boss what I did. (That's about it, it made little to no difference in my ability to communicate value in my organization).

Pros

It does what my management team needs it to do. I suppose the integration between their billing set up is satisfactory. They probably feel like changing this system would be such an overhaul that they're willing to stick with this system. That said I guess eBillity accomplishes what the business owner wants.

Cons

This tool does not have enough demonstrated empathy for the actual end user. It certainly accomplishes enough for the controller / billing / CEO. However this tool actually makes it harder to communicate my value to the boss, and I'm not complaining about having to use timers. I've worked in a freelance/client service environment long enough to know that every minute of efficiency matters. What I'm talking about is eBillity's specific UI and interaction design. Furthermore, for mid-tier managers, I've heard that they're also irritated by the system's lack of accommodation. I've heard my managers say that it's very difficult to scale in an org with many clients and even more service offerings. They've said that being able to even parse logs out (who worked on what, for how long, and how) is a headache. Managers would like to manage how employees log their time and this tool does not help them do that. It's an input output box. There are few controls or features that make the life of a manager any easier. Thankfully we deliver enough value to our clients that they don't make us jump through hoops to demonstrate a granular level of time reporting. I would suggest eBillity take a serious look at competitors from a UX and design standpoint. This vertical, as you may now, is maturing and design is ever more important to a successful product.

Valentina
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Time Tracker Has Exceptional Features

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

Pros

Time Tracker is a great time tracking and management tool whose capabilities are exceptional.
Time Tracker is easy to use and reliable.

Cons

I do not have dislikes for Time Tracker.
Time Tracker works so well.

Mohammad
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Time Tracker is the HR solution for time-keeping for your staff members.

Reviewed on 04/03/2023

A good idea and what it gives is great. Used it and will still use it. Cost vs what it does is really wonderful.

Pros

It does not only apply to your employees only yet it applies to other jobs like doctors and lawyers. This is a great benefit one can use.

Cons

You cannot tailor reports in this application which could be an advantage for future updates.

My Hours and Deputy

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

They give you a free period to try it at the beginning which is really good. This way you have the advantage not to lose money.

Paymo

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

This one allowed us a free time to test before we can decide to pay like other applications and this is considered a great advantage.
Arielle
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Owl Bookkeeping Time Tracker Review

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Overall we have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It offers everything we need to run our business smoothly and keep our team and clients happy. It has been an integral part of our process as far as time tracking and invoicing.

Pros

We love this software because it helps is really capture time spent on a client. We used to struggle with people rounding their time up which was not an accurate representation of time spent on that client. Clients would get upset, understandably, and now we have been able to bill them the correct time spent on their account.

Cons

The only thing I can think of that I don't like about this software is that sometimes even though something is set to be non-billable, the billable box will still be checked off. Other than that, it has been a wonderful software for my company.

Youngsook
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

My Time Tracker Review

Reviewed on 08/04/2023

Its user-friendly interface, reporting capabilities, and seamless integration make it a valuable tool for businesses and individuals alike.

Pros

Time Tracker has such an user-friendly interface. Im personally using it for its time track features mostly. But also its robust reporting tools enable users to view their time usage, set project budgets, and export data in various formats. The mobile app also so smooth.

Cons

Some of our coworkers has found it complex to navigate, particularly when setting up integrations. Additionally, the app's limited integration options may make it less effective for businesses that rely on multiple tools for time management.

Christian
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

• Customer Support Software

The best alternative to track the time!

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

AMAZING! No complaints so far. 100% recommeded.

AMAZING! No complaints so far. 100% recommeded.

Pros

I love it because it's user-friendly; literally anyone can use it.

Cons

The only thing that I would say is that I haven't found an option to download the data.

• Customer Support Software

Has helped us manage tracking our employees

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Very happy with my service

Very happy with my service

Pros

Has helped us manage tracking our employees time very seamlessly this past few months. It is a good tool that can auto track and manually input time so it's easiest for contractors and employees to have an accurate time table

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive and do calculations a bit more seamlessly with less data

Response from eBillity

Hello, thank you so much for sharing how eBillity helped you manage your employee's time. Please feel free to reach out to https://support.ebillity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

Brett
Brett

TimeTracker by eBility review

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Overall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.

Pros

We use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Cons

The one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

Response from eBillity

Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.

John

• Customer Support Software

The right fit for our team and business

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

Our previous Time tracking system was home-grown and slow for rapid entry of tracked time entries. The Outlook integration features have cut the time entry activity by at least 75%. Users keep up with their time throughout the day, so near-realtime insight into the activity of the team is readily available. Previously they would wait until the end of the day or end of the week to enter time, so progress was difficult to monitor. Support has been responsive and helpful, so most any issue we encountered is solved or logged for future enhancement

Pros

We work on multiple client projects through the day. Most consultants track their time in their Outlook calendar and transfer those times to our former system on a daily or weekly basis. Time Tracking in Outlook, assigning that time to clients and projects in one action and synching with the online portal has made an extremely tedious, non-value-added activity a simple and non-intrusive task in our consultants' work days and has already paid back the cost in added productivity.

Cons

Reporting functionality is limited and somewhat archaic and doesn't match our measurement and tracking methods. Exports of the Time Tracker data through the API has allowed us to measure our consultants and business in the way that we choose to. I would prefer a method to customize the fiscal calendar/fiscal periods for reporting, but again, we have handled this through export of the data and imposing our fiscal calendar on the data for meaningful reporting.

TimeCamp and BigTime

Reasons for Switching to Time Tracker

Cost, features, ease of implementation, Outlook Integration, API for data retrieval.
Michael
  • Industry: Media Production

Great, Inexpensive way to connect to QuickBooks

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

An inexpensive way to accurately track your billable time and quickly get that info into Quickbooks.

Pros

We use Time Tracker in our video production company to track billable hours for all invoicing. This includes editing time, purchasing stock footage, equipment rentals, shoots, etc. All of this information needs to be accurately conveyed to Quickbooks in order for us to bill our clients appropriately.

Cons

Being a web-based product, there are sometimes when the software is down and you can't access the time tracker. This can cause us to lose track of billable time.

Irene

Time Tracker review

Reviewed on 31/12/2021

Time Tracker was a good option for me as a freelancer. I used it for a while since it was the tracker my client at the time favored and had no real issues when working with it. I did not stick to it mainly because as a freelance I adapt to the needs and preferences of every client and not all of my projects require a tool as rich-featured as this one, but other than that had no issues with it.

Pros

- Easy to use, takes no time to get started.
- Does not require training.
- You can track time for different projects and clients.
- Dashboards are clear and useful.
- Helps to know how much time is spent on each project and client.
- Clients can easily see how time was spent and what are you charging for.
- Automatically saves time entries.
- Helps to see which tasks take longer, evaluate productivity and performance.
- Can be used in multiple devices.
- Allows to easily correct errors.
- You can download the app or use the web app.

Cons

- Did not love the UI. The design could be improved.
- Several features I did not understand nor use.
- It is not complicated to learn how to use, but some things could still be simplified.

Fritz

I never needed any customer support and I don't know how much the software costs.

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Paid.

Paid.

Pros

It's the only computer software I have never needed help with. It keeps it simple.

Cons

That I have to fill out my timesheet on a computer -- period. I'm just pure old-school. I have no complaints, and want no gift or future surveys.

Reha
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Simple and straightforward time tracking software.

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

To log in, plan projects, manage tasks, create weekly and monthly calendars, track time and spending, and more, use TimeTracker. The nicest thing about time tracking is that it makes developers stay on target by imposing stringent time constraints. The client can check the developer's track record. It is easy for the customer and the coder to see through it. The greatest timekeeping programme is what will change our company. We will literally spend less time on administration and more time producing money thanks to online time tracking and billing. It is a professional way for our company to measure time and cut costs at a reasonable price.

Pros

I like how simple it is to categorise your time with this software—it only takes a few clicks.I also appreciate that you can submit your time without doing it all for specific days of the week. Additionally, the layout of the website is generally user-friendly. It isn't very weird or intriguing, but it is doable. Utilization is simple and uncomplicated. It carries out its intended function. You can make billable service items and track how much time you spent on each one. I manage my schedule, work, and projects with Time Tracker. The information gathered can be used to compute payroll and expenses. Additionally, any issues you have can be resolved by TimeTracker's customer care.

Cons

It functions properly, however occasionally there are glitches that require you to re-enter data. I can't comment from firsthand experience, but I've heard that the software's administrative interface can be confusing.

Samantha

• Customer Support Software

We have had great success using this software. Easy to use, provides great, basic features.

Ability to work remotely

Ability to work remotely

Pros

This software, while not as fast as working in QB, we have a lot of information at our disposal when not working from the office (where we use QB desktop). This has really been key in being able to have one person enter time, run reports, etc. when someone else is using the company file or if we are working remotely. The customer support team is FANTASTIC. We have an issue when we first set up our account and they were amazingly helpful. Informative, but not requiring us to do all the work to fix the problem. It took probably a couple of days, but really was a smooth experience. They are also responsive when we have quick, short questions. They make the overall experience nearly painless when dealing with technical issues.

Cons

The software is slightly slower than QB, which makes sense. One of the bigger frustrations is the inability to change items after they have been approved. We can change them in QB, but they'll never update in ebility. We have to do this a fair amount due to how we handle some of our prospective clients before they become a job. It makes the reporting feature less accurate. Other than that, there are a few features in QB that are not offered here, but that is not a major deal. Showing what items have been billed vs. not billed. The report window/feature could also be streamlined a bit more. It's a little clunky, but overall not bad. This is all of course based on our use.

Patrick

Simple time tracking with a few power-user shortcomings

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

While the hour entry interface isn't perfect for power users who want to tab through fields quickly & efficiently, it's as good as if not better than competitors. This is more than made up for by the features & ease of use of the product and its price.

Pros

Time Tracker is dead simple to setup and use for tracking time. Works great for consultants and contractors keeping track of time worked for multiple customers. Reports are simple to execute and offer a reasonable variety of types.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate the hours input screen with a keyboard, i.e., tab between fields. It requires use of the mouse for optimum navigation. This is time consuming for power users making bulk entries.

TOGGLE, Harvest, and Clockify

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Time Tracker integrates perfectly with quickbooks online and our other reporting systems.

price, simplicity
Teri
Teri

• Customer Support Software

it's glitchy, but it's easy for my employees to use

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I have less data entry work to do because my employees are responsible to enter their time sheets. We used to have hand-written time reports that I had to enter into Quickbooks daily. No more!

Pros

my staff often works on the same projects over the span of several weeks. the ability to copy their previous time sheet and then make amendments as needed is a real time saver for them and makes them more likely to get their time in by deadline with very little follow-up (prodding) from me.

Cons

Any changes that I make to the timesheets do not sync back to the cloud; client jobs that are closed still show up on the app that my employees see and that confuses them

Response from eBillity

Hi Teri!
Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.

Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help!

-Alex from eBillity

Kris
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

• Customer Support Software

Time Tracker a good product for a small company

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

Not using paper time sheets and having to manually input that information into Quick Books is an enormous time saver and ensures greater accuracy.

Pros

it replaced very cumbersome paper time sheets with a product that connects to our accounting system and allows us to easily create payroll and invoices within that accounting system. The customer service is responsive and knowledgeable.

Cons

One feature that seems to have broken in the last year is the connection to Quick Books. It now has to be manually enabled every time we need to connect them. We don't know if this is an issue with Time Tracker or Quick Books, but given our terrible issues with QBs for over a year now, we suspect it might be on their end. Also, the new template does not allow for good PDF printing - I have to change it to "classic" to save the time sheets as PDFs for our files.

Nathan
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Simple & Straighforward

Reviewed on 03/12/2018

Overall, I have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It's simple, and easy to learn. Adding new project names and numbers is fast. Exporting useful and detailed reports is great. I have had a good experience overall with the software.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. Everything is organized neatly in rows. It is a very straightforward layout and it's easy to learn. I am able to quickly train new hires in the use of the system and there are rarely any follow-up questions on how to use the software. That makes my life easier as a manager. I also love the report generation feature. We do a lot of field reports, and those are sent to the client separately from the billing process. I love being able to export a comprehensive report of what has been billed and comparing it against the reports that have been distributed. That makes staying organized a lot easier for me.

Cons

I took an overseas trip and only had access to the software through the app on my phone. I found it very tedious to make entries through the app. I have employees who work in the field and who could theoretically save themselves office time if they entered their billable time directly from the jobsite. However, they have struggled through the process of using the app while on the go also, and have resorted to recording their time in their field books and then doing a bulk download from a desktop setup. That process is working, but it is not idea.

Response from eBillity

Hello Nathan.

Thank you for using Time Tracker by eBillity! We greatly appreciate your time and business in using our product. The feedback you have provided is greatly appreciated as we continuing to improve our product.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience.

Thanks again!

Trian
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Time tracker for everyone

Reviewed on 17/08/2022

Pros

Has assisted us with overseeing following our representatives time consistently this beyond couple of months. A decent device could auto at any point track and physically input time so it's most straightforward for workers for hire and representatives to make some exact memories table. I love the way that everything is refreshed on the web, continuously. Very easy to use, and numerous choices to assist with setting it up the manner in which you would like for your business needs.

Cons

I figure the connection point overall might have been more current, essentially when we utilized it. We wound up changing to another apparatus ultimately. Adds something else to your day to day things to check, yet toward the end it's useful. I believe having this tools is great.

VAN
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Small Architecture Firm Time Keeping

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

We started using this in 2011 as a way to streamline employee time entry and integrate with our QuickBooks for billing. It's been a great asset and time-saver from that perspective.

Pros

This software allows us to easily track time both in the office, and via the mobile app, in the field, allowing for a more refined/granular tracking of employee tasks. It's flexible and allows not just for entry of time, but also the setting of timers to track time while working. The tech support is excellent, waits are usually short, and resolutions are most often reached in the first call.

Cons

For us, at least, there's a relatively frequent need to re-link TimeTracker to our QUickBooks software. It's not difficult, but with the support of TT support we did figure it out and it's now part of the routine , but was frustrating in the extreme until that. We also ended up with a couple of "ghost" projects in TT only that were confusing to staff, but again TT support, once we identified the problem, was prompt in assisting.

Warren

• Customer Support Software

It's passable but it could be better

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

It's a pretty straight forward app that ties into QB. The price is moderate given the functionality and bugs. The concept is good but the delivery needs polishing.

Pros

A web front end to track time for billable projects makes life so much easier for employees. The concept is pretty straight forward.

Cons

Using the service was ok as a user but administering it was...tricky. Getting new job codes to synchronize and become active was always a dance of clicks and back end re-syncs. It never really worked right with just a single sync making them become active. Support would always just make me re-sync the entire db and even then it still did not work. I only hope I did not lose any billable time... I always dreaded having to add new codes and that's not the way it should be.

Response from eBillity

Hello Warren.

Thank you very much for your business and time in using Time Tracker by eBillity. We greatly appreciate the support and feedback.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about Time Tracker, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 to reach our customer support agents. We would be happy to assist you.

Furthermore, we are adding new features in 2019, with Facial Recognition, more detailed GPS tracking, Time Cards, and a Punch In/ Punch Out kiosk. We have also worked to improve our basic features as well. I see you encountered some technical difficulties from our end before and greatly appreciate your patience with us.

Thank you again for your business and your time.

Andy
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Add On Product for Quick Books Time Keeping

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Time Tracker has been a Godsend for our company as we grow Nationwide. The ability to gather time from over 100 employees and have billing ready to go at the beginning of the month with a simply sync, has really helped our Company.

Pros

The ability to connect via download the time sheets from multiple employees at multiple locations throughout the Country has made this product very useful for us. As our business grew, it was impossible to just have each person enter their time directly into Quick Books, let alone expose the Quick Books data base to improper entries. To be able to keep an employees time sheet up to date from any device with an internet connection was vital. It has made our time keeping and billing much, much simpler.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little wonky. A little more polish on the front end to easily explain the options would be great. This is not a big stopper of the program however. Should not deter anyone from using the product.

Barbara
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great special purpose program

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Time Tracker provides a good overall framework for billing clients. It syncs with Quickbooks which I am able to use to produce bills directly, bypassing a separate billing/accounting program. This has proven to be a good solution for my small law firm at a reasonable price.

Pros

As a lawyer it's very simple to keep it open and track time from anywhere

Cons

Quickbooks integration used to be wonderful, but recently the syncing with Quickbooks has been spotty. It may be because Quickbooks recently introduced a new field and Time Tracker hasn't quite figured out where to sync the information from. However, when we contacted support about the syncing issue it took them days and days to even get back to us, much less fix the problem. Luckily they were able to eventually fix it, but when you rely on a software program to keep track of time for your livelihood this is incredibly frustrating. However there are not really any good standalone time billing programs out there.