2,248 reviews

Time Tracker

Track time for payroll, billing and productivity.

4.3 /5 (2248 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.1
2,248 reviews
Jason C.
Industry: Environmental Services

Time tracker is good

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

I would say this product works well for our companies needs.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to use this on my mobile device as well as my office computer.

Cons

Sometimes it seams to glitch and not save the data. I would say that happens about once a month and it may be to poor internet.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Maria G.
Industry: Construction

Time Tracker is Great!

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

Time Tracker has worked well for us especially being able to have the field guys to log in their time onsite from their phone, when they need to.

Pros

I like that you can customize the time and or expense reports in order to see the total values of either one.

Cons

I haven't run into any problems, so I don't have any "cons" at this time.

Elizabeth C.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Time Tracker for Quickbooks LEDES invoicing

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

I haven't had a horrible experience, because the customer service is good. And, typically we can work through the issues. They are able to go right in and see the problem. Developers have fixed things I have caught and got them working. And, it does sync well and work well once you get used to the issues.

Pros

I liked most that it combined capturing receipt images for creating expenses, and time entries, and created invoices that sync with QuickBooks and allows for LEDES export. It allowed us to do away with separate expense and time entry apps, and provide LEDES for clients that required that. While allowing us to keep using QuickBooks desktop as our primary bookkeeping software.

Cons

This software has been developed with a lot of bugs or inconsistencies. Many things have not been tested, and are not working properly or in the same manner across the app. It is learned by trial and error. Some of the ways things flow makes little sense.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Amanda G.
Industry: Computer Software

Efficient

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

My experience is as really good. This is a handy software.

Pros

This software is a great tool for tracking time spent on tasks and projects. Making it easy for payroll.

Cons

I really did not have any complaints for this software. It was easy to use and efficient. It’s easier with jobs that don’t use it of course.

Samantha O.

We have had great success using this software. Easy to use, provides great, basic features.

Ability to work remotely

Pros

This software, while not as fast as working in QB, we have a lot of information at our disposal when not working from the office (where we use QB desktop). This has really been key in being able to have one person enter time, run reports, etc. when someone else is using the company file or if we are working remotely. The customer support team is FANTASTIC. We have an issue when we first set up our account and they were amazingly helpful. Informative, but not requiring us to do all the work to fix the problem. It took probably a couple of days, but really was a smooth experience. They are also responsive when we have quick, short questions. They make the overall experience nearly painless when dealing with technical issues.

Cons

The software is slightly slower than QB, which makes sense. One of the bigger frustrations is the inability to change items after they have been approved. We can change them in QB, but they'll never update in ebility. We have to do this a fair amount due to how we handle some of our prospective clients before they become a job. It makes the reporting feature less accurate. Other than that, there are a few features in QB that are not offered here, but that is not a major deal. Showing what items have been billed vs. not billed. The report window/feature could also be streamlined a bit more. It's a little clunky, but overall not bad. This is all of course based on our use.

Simple and intuitive interface; easily track time on computer or phone.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Pros

Its simple and intuitive interface are my favorite aspect. I find that the actual actions of setting a running timer or filling in the times after the fact are both easy to do because the interface is designed in a way that one would predict it should be. The ability to carry over hours on the same task into the next day is very helpful as well due to the fact that as an attorney, often my tasks go way past midnight. This leads to greater clarity for the customer as to what she is being charged for which task that was done when.

Cons

What I like least about Ebillity is the fact that it is very difficult to reconfigure the size of the columns in the Timesheets view. there is often not enough room for me to see the entire task description at one glance. Further, there is no way to set up standard task descriptions that could be more speedily added from a dropdown menue. Furthermore, if non-administrators could have access to viewing current billing and invoices without actually being able to change any data that would be a tremendous plus. In small firms, the billing administrator is not always around when clients have questions regarding their bills.

Daniel S.
Industry: Biotechnology

A great solution for employers with employees all over the place! Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Ability to have employees worldwide enter their time quickly and easily to keep A/R as current as possible.

Pros

I like the fact that you can have employees scattered all over the country or even all over the world for that matter and they can simply login and enter their time and submit it easily using eBillity and their easy to use GUI.

Cons

I would like it to have better software for smartphones. I feel the app needs to be developed further and needs a better GUI. I think that most of the employees would use the app but it's hard enough to get them to enter their time let alone learning a new GUI. They need a simple easy to use interface that is bug freee.

Response from eBillity

Hi Daniel!
Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.

Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help!

-Alex from eBillity

Andy B.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Add On Product for Quick Books Time Keeping

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

Time Tracker has been a Godsend for our company as we grow Nationwide. The ability to gather time from over 100 employees and have billing ready to go at the beginning of the month with a simply sync, has really helped our Company.

Pros

The ability to connect via download the time sheets from multiple employees at multiple locations throughout the Country has made this product very useful for us. As our business grew, it was impossible to just have each person enter their time directly into Quick Books, let alone expose the Quick Books data base to improper entries. To be able to keep an employees time sheet up to date from any device with an internet connection was vital. It has made our time keeping and billing much, much simpler.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little wonky. A little more polish on the front end to easily explain the options would be great. This is not a big stopper of the program however. Should not deter anyone from using the product.

Barbara F.
Industry: Law Practice

Great special purpose program

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Time Tracker provides a good overall framework for billing clients. It syncs with Quickbooks which I am able to use to produce bills directly, bypassing a separate billing/accounting program. This has proven to be a good solution for my small law firm at a reasonable price.

Pros

As a lawyer it's very simple to keep it open and track time from anywhere

Cons

Quickbooks integration used to be wonderful, but recently the syncing with Quickbooks has been spotty. It may be because Quickbooks recently introduced a new field and Time Tracker hasn't quite figured out where to sync the information from. However, when we contacted support about the syncing issue it took them days and days to even get back to us, much less fix the problem. Luckily they were able to eventually fix it, but when you rely on a software program to keep track of time for your livelihood this is incredibly frustrating. However there are not really any good standalone time billing programs out there.

Hugh K.

once i figures out how to use the system i love it for inputting my time

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Pros

the ease to enter my time and submit it for the classes I teach

Cons

nothing so far as a user is does everything I need

Camille S.
Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

We have used eBillity over the years for our business and it's usually been a very stable platform.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

It allows my agents to log their time on each client accurately and in real-time.

Pros

It's easy for my agents to log their time for our clients and add notes.

Adding new projects is also really easy.

Cons

The downtime, although not frequent, is frustrating for our team. We operate 24/7, so we always have someone logged in. I know that downtime is inevitable, but it's still frustrating.

Running reports seems really slow over the past month or two. The data does finally come up, but it seems to take a long time and I usually don't get any indication that it's retrieving the data. I've seen that trend in other software also and I don't like it there either.

I also really dislike the new log-in to use my Intuit log-in (which I don't have) screen if I don't log-in quickly enough on the regular one. Why can't these both be on the same page? Why the redirect?

Zara G.
Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

User friendly and affordable Time Tracking SW

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

very happy, never experienced any major issues, always accessible, fast customer service, easy to administer, good reporting system, meets our company needs and expectation for a very reasonable price

Pros

accessible from anywhere
simple to use even without any training
affordable
no contract necessary

Cons

I so far have not yet come across any missing functionalities or obstacles
We are a small enterprise and it may be less user-friendly for large corporations where the system needs to connect and talk to the payroll system or have more functionalities with more detail

Response from eBillity

Hello Zara

Thank you very much for your business and your time with Time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and the glowing review you have left for everyone here on Capterra!

If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please call us at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your business and your time.

The app works great. Its easy to keep track of everyone in the company. It only takes a few minutes

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

It's an on the go way for me to keep up with hours and clients

Pros

I like how there is an app that we can use and don't have to log online each time. It's nice to be able to keep clients on there from years back.

Cons

The app and the computer don't always sync and there are times that it takes forever to sync both of them.
I don't like how it doesn't allow you to submit the same client over mulydays. Or to repeat a weekly client.

Response from eBillity

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company!

We are excited to hear that you have been using our newly updated mobile apps!

Regarding your syncing issue and the problem you are having with submitting for the same Client over multiple, I believe that these are problems that can both be solved very easily! To do get started on fixing these issues, please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support on this issue or anything else that you have questions about.

-Alex from eBillity

Theresa E.
Industry: Legal Services

Might be good for a Litigation practice but for Intellectual Property practice choose something else

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

I am not happy with it. I've expressed my frustration with mgmt.

Pros

It has a website interface. There are options to download reports in pdf, csv and excel

Cons

I find it clunky and less than ideal. Poor web interface. I have to use Google Chrome to view the interface; if I use any other browser, it becomes a multiple line entry and because it only shows a week at a time, the entering field gets confusing. We are an IP practice firm and I touch as many as 200-400+ matters each month. Entering time for the day is not smooth. Some days may have as many as 40 +entries. But the only view interface is for the week? I only want to view day record - not week. Sometimes I only want to view one client, but the way our interface was set up, we have to input both the client matter as one stream. Sometimes I need to go back and search past narrative text and that is not easy to do unless I generate reports. While there are hotkeys for short term auto inserted information, I would really like a macro that would auto insert the entire "canned" narrative. I would like to have multiple timers open to capture the various cases I'm working on, instead I only am able to open one timer at a time. I have created a spreadsheet for me to keep track of my time and would like to upload the spreadsheet into the software program to assist our Accounting group with capturing my time, but this option is not available either.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Just some notes

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

Pros

Mobile access. I hate having minimum limits to fill in blocks of text in order to get to the next step in this process.

Cons

Repetitive questions each time a new week is created. I go through the same exact sequence. "Copy without filling in hours...". Be nice if there was some persistence that remembers my default selections.

Why do you have a "Remember Me" check box on the login screen? Doesn't seem to be any difference if selected or not.

As a contractor, I have to fill in two separate timesheets. Annoyingly, these tools add to my workload. With that in mind, If I work overtime on weekends, the other timesheet has a different start-end week. When the timesheets don't match, I get nasty e-mails from HR. Yes, I realize you have no control over this. unless you can make a column that applies to the next timesheet that doesn't get totalled?!

It would be nice if you could import/export from other products. With some kind of transform, the transfer could create/modify future/current/past timesheets. So, Import/export, or, better, a link?

Ross K.
Industry: Financial Services

Great Online Time Tracking Solution, But Not Perfect

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

It's great to have an online solution because it enables us to track and manage billable time, in real-time. The mobile app is nice too.

Pros

We chose to use eBillity because Intuit quit supporting the QuickBooks Timer, which we had used for years. We wanted something that would sync seamlessly with QuickBooks desktop for billing purposes, and support multiple congruent users. Once we got everything setup, everything is very easy to use, with multiple ways of recording time depending on your preference. When we have had to contact support, they promptly respond and are great to work with.

Cons

It's not easy to setup correctly, and easy to mess up the setup once complete. We've had to contact support multiple times due to sync issues. The software does not support separate areas for billable time tracking and employee time clock tracking, which would be handy.

Omar H.

It's simple to use but sometimes it lags

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Pros

The reason that I most Lille the app is because it Simplicity.. there is is no hassle at all to use and it and I know where everything is

Cons

Most of the times when I'm at work I don't have the strongest signal avIlible to me so How sometimes it doesn't save my entries

Response from eBillity

Hi Omar!

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with saving your entries, but luckily we have a support team that would be happy to help! Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about.

-Alex from eBillity

I use to keep track on my employees and pay them and invoice customers

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Being able to keep time for what my employees work so I can pay them, and also easily invoice my clients for the billable time.

Pros

Keep track of billable time and invoice customers either through the software or export timesheets to QBO and invoice with Quickbooks online.

Cons

I can see time for a whole month. Only Weeks. I would like to be able to see a report for the whole month as that's how I pay my employees and I have to add every week to figure their time.

Response from eBillity

Thanks for the review! We hope you're still enjoying Time Tracker's easy billing and invoicing features.

While you are correct in saying the timesheets do not display a month's worth of entries, you can run reports for a variety of time periods, including monthly or customized dates. Simply select the dates within the 'Reports' tab settings. To see a quick video demo of how to run a monthly report, copy and paste this link into your browser address bar: https://screencast.com/t/NdYbG6ZsC

If you still have questions, please contact our customer support team and they'll be happy to take you through it.
Email: [email protected]
Call: +1-800-851-0992
Int¿l: +1-732-253-4200

Gavin H.
Industry: Computer Networking
Company size: Self Employed

eBillity makes it so easy to capture all my time with a streamlined approach

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Timely invoicing

Pros

Captures all the right information and places it directly into Quickbooks for a quickest path to invoicing. I really like the tight integration, as a conduit, between Outlook and Quickbooks. It is essential that I be able to convert appointment information in Outlook to Quickbooks invoicing.

Cons

The Outlook add-in needs work (does not always allow for capturing appointment notes and often captures the incorrect Outlook information) and their is a character limit for appointment notes. No way to turn off Time Tracker Sync Manager notifications. Lastly, tech support/customer support is not too interested in fixing these things.

Clara S.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

I submit my work hours daily using this software

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Pros

It's simple and straightforward. The administrators set up the entries page to be customized for each employee's data submission. (the drop down options are catered to that person's experience with our organization.)

Cons

There are parts of the site that I never use because I don't know if they're valuable to me, I'm not sure how to optimize my experience with it.

Response from eBillity

Hi Clara!

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. They can also help you optimize your experience.

-Alex from eBillity

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Overall A Good Product For Tracking Hours

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Pros

I like that this tool offers the option to categorize by Job Numbers, as well as what you're doing within the job (creative, social media, project management). I also appreciate the notes feature, which allows you to easily explain the specifics of what you were doing, which is especially helpful if the project took more time than expected, etc. It's a great program for tracking how employees spend their time.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to load, or jobs don't sync perfectly. It's also not the easiest to search the notes part of the software.

Linda B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Quick and easy to use

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

It accurately captures my time so that jobs can be billed accurately and in a timely manner.

Pros

When I record time each day, Time Tracker captures details I would otherwise quickly forget.

Cons

When mousing over job names, I can only see details (job name and number) from previous days. I would like to see those details (when mousing over) for the jobs that I'm entering on the day that I'm entering them.

Response from eBillity

Hello Linda.

Thank you very much for your time in filling out a review of Time Tracker by ebillity. We really appreciate your glowing review of the product. if you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you again!

Victor C.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent software and very easy to use. Report are excellent and easy to present to the sponsor.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I get the benefit that I can have a professional report developed to be pressented to a sponsor. Also a high quality of a very fashion software to enter my worked hours and get access to the system wherever I'm.

Pros

I like the most, the easy way to enter worked hours and print the report. Every week I have to enter my worked hours. With this software, I can get access to it from every place that I'm located and with a personal computer or the phone, I can enter my timesheet. Also if I need to print a report, the software is able to generate a special report with a header of my company and the spcified hours worked during the week.

Cons

Sometimes is a little challenge using it in the phone. As the phone is touchscreen, I have to be very careful when pressing a command or key. It is not really a con, it's just that working with a phone is different than a PC. Honestly, I don't find another con that doesn't make this software an easy one to use.

Chris R.

We are using this for our everyday time tracking and using the data to determine efficiencies.

Great reporting

Pros

It provided great detailed reports. We are printing reports per employee and also as a group to help us understand our overall efficiencies. We also use it to track individual efficiency on new trainees to track their progress and reward them accordingly. We cross reference the times with our payroll times to see how much time is billable labor.

Cons

it doesn't have the ability to sync with our current CRM. We use Pipefy and we have not figured out how to merge them and this would be a feature that would help us in the future.

Kimberly C.

All aspects of hours logging, invoicing, and payroll are made easier with eBillity Time Tracker!

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Pros

It is user-friendly and real-time updates result in fewer errors on our invoicing and payroll. It is easy to sync with QuickBooks. As the administrator, I often use the reports feature, which makes it really easy for me to keep up with productivity, billing, and payroll.

Cons

While the QuickBooks sync is not difficult, it is a bit slow and requires opening QuickBooks. I wish Time Tracker could sync to QuickBooks a little bit faster or from the eBillity site rather than through the QuickBooks web services feature (we are on QB desktop).