2,401 reviews

Time Tracker

Track time for payroll, billing and productivity.

4.3 /5 (2401 reviews) Write a Review!

2,401 reviews
Carmella S.

Very pleased

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Pros

My favorite feature about this software is that you can leave it up all day without it timing out. The previous software used would time out after and hour, take long to load and would result in me not tracking time accurately. I would wait days before logging time than I would forget what was accomplished.

Cons

When I submit time I can no longer change it. I know this is an administration function with in the firm.

Casey W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Really great soft wear in ease and convenience, but could be all inclusive

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

I have really enjoyed my overall experience with Time Tracker. At times, I do wish that company benefits were supported or provided with Time Tracker.

Pros

I really like that the software automatically alphabetize clients and projects. I also like the ease of use and navigation through weeks and days.

Cons

I wish that time tracker also provided information on PTO, benefits and other employee based features.

Elizabeth G.

Good value for the price

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Over all, this is a good software for the price. There have been a few sync issues on the outlook calendar here and there, but nothing detrimental to use.

Pros

I like that you can start a timer from the app. Submitting from Outlook calendar is pretty easy.

Cons

I manage multiple calendars and if I need to change the person associated with the entry after the fact, it wipes out the client name and the billing item and if it is marked billable., so you have to reenter it all by hand.

Brett V.
  • Industry: Design

TimeTracker by eBility review

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Overall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.

Pros

We use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Cons

The one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

Response from eBillity

Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.

Basic usage with no issues for many years

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

The tracker does simply work and I've never had problems with fearfully entering in hours because it was always possible to reach out to our payments person and have them revert our latest submissions in order to fix them.

Pros

The interface is rather straight forward and because we have many different buckets of things that we can bill to, we are able to make our weekly breakdowns as complicated or as simple to read and bill the clients for as we want. This makes it so that people record time the way that best suits them and their level of detail.

Cons

It's minor, but the comment boxes where I put in all of my time descriptions are rather small and are word limited. This is annoying because it forces me to be needlessly terse or enter in many more rows than I would like to in order to fit everything I did in a week in. Also not necessarily a minus but I found very little need to use the timer that they provide as there are so many times that I would start and stop a task's timer because I was distracted or something more important came up that it was a hassle to maintain.

Van P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Small Architecture Firm Time Keeping

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

We started using this in 2011 as a way to streamline employee time entry and integrate with our QuickBooks for billing. It's been a great asset and time-saver from that perspective.

Pros

This software allows us to easily track time both in the office, and via the mobile app, in the field, allowing for a more refined/granular tracking of employee tasks. It's flexible and allows not just for entry of time, but also the setting of timers to track time while working. The tech support is excellent, waits are usually short, and resolutions are most often reached in the first call.

Cons

For us, at least, there's a relatively frequent need to re-link TimeTracker to our QUickBooks software. It's not difficult, but with the support of TT support we did figure it out and it's now part of the routine , but was frustrating in the extreme until that. We also ended up with a couple of "ghost" projects in TT only that were confusing to staff, but again TT support, once we identified the problem, was prompt in assisting.

Michele N.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

• Customer Support Software

I am the accountant and find it does everything I need, we utilize it fully

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

I think the product is working very effectively for us. I would not change anything!

Pros

I love how it integrates with QB so easliy, love how it brings over complex transactions such as customers and jobs, service items, payroll items, class tracking, etc. I also love the chat function and have had nothing but excellent service!

Cons

that some of my employees find that the mobile app does not work that efficiently. in the past (not recently) have had syncing errors which caused delays.

Response from eBillity

Hi Michele!
Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product.
Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app:
IOS:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker

Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help!

• Industry: Environmental Services

Easy to Enter Time

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Overall, I think this is working for the company. The program provides an easy way for everyone to work on a tracking system at once, and while the time cards can get a little messy looking, the options for endless billable project inputs is nice.

Pros

I like that this software makes it easy to categorize your time with just a couple of clicks. I also like that you can submit your time for certain parts of the week without completing the whole thing. Also, in general, the look of the site is user friendly. It isn't anything to interesting or crazy, but it is manageable.

Cons

There are certain features that are very hidden. For instance, there is a messaging feature incorporated with the program, but when someone uses it to message you, a notification does not pop up, or any indication that you have received a message. Also, the overall searching ability of the software could be a little more obvious. Finding your total hours for projects can be slightly complicated. And finally, billing in increments other then 0.25 hour would be nice.

Ceyrena K.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Overall, it is extremely easy to use. That may make up for any of the minor inconveniences I described above.

Pros

Generally it is easy to learn and use as a way to input my timesheet for work. I like that I can copy the job/description info from the previous week. It is also easy to create a report for my time spent on projects/tasks.

Cons

As soon as you save the data you have inputted into your timesheet it deletes the unused jobs, etc. If you work on a lot of different projects throughout the week and like to input your time daily, this means you have to reenter all of the job codes and descriptions. I wish there was a way to manually delete/keep which projects you want to keep for the week.

Also, I am not able to pull reports for a job that includes other user's time. Which means as a project manager, I can't be self-sufficient in pulling reports for a project to track our progress.

I have also heard from our bookkeeper that importing the data into Quickbooks leads to trouble sorting the data into relevant categories so we have had to develop a rigorous system for task descriptions to facilitate here sorting and using the data collected in our timesheets.

Adam C.

• Customer Support Software

Good base system, mobile app is getting better. Would like to see an Apple Watch app!

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Weekly time sheets make it easy to rapidly input information. Also the Expense entry is very easy to enter information.

Cons

Mobile app has been very buggy, has slowly been getting better. Attempted to contact support about it, but was never given much information on a solution to app crashing. Finally fixed it after years

Response from eBillity

Hi Adam!
Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app:
IOS:

Janice S.

Time Tracker

Reviewed on 29/01/2021

Pros

Flexibility in adjusting the time sheet as needed. Software also has excellent choice of billing items for public accounting entities. You also have pie charts available to review your time daily, weekly or monthly.

Cons

I would like to have a feature that recognizes a specific time frame for each day; ie, 8AM - 5PM so that when I forget to close the time sheet it would automatically close at the end of the day.

Jeff W.

• Customer Support Software

Like going back in history to see previous job times.

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Pros

The app is great easy to use. Like being able to go back and see previous times per job. Being able to pull up a job for a customer on a certain job description is great. Really helps with our estimates.

Cons

Wish the app had more options to choose from like the laptop version. Seems as if the app freezes up quite a bit where as the laptop version could be missing completely a customer that we have been soy with for a while. To remedy the problem you have to synchronize the program.

Response from eBillity

Hi Jeff!

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company! We are always striving to improve our product. Would you be able to elaborate on some of the issues relating to the app so we can make your time tracking experience even better?

-Alex from eBillity

Joey P.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, intuitive, and useful tool for time tracking.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Access from multiple devices.

Pros

Ease of access, with support on mobile devices. I can access timesheets with phone or tablet. The ability to quickly and easily generate reports is very helpful in project and budget management.

Cons

When manually adjusting the column widths on the time entries page, the table format gets messed up when moving the window to a different resolution screen. Whenever this happens, I have to reset to default table dimensions and resize manually. NBD, but it's something that can be improved.

Response from eBillity

Hello Joey,
We are glad to hear that you like our product. Regarding the format of the table being messed up when adjusted please contact us to 800-851-0992 and we will be more then glad to assist you with that issue. We appreciate your business and thank you for your feedback.

Diana B.

Simple, easy to use.

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

A remote entry time sheet from each employee that syncs easily with Quick Books. It's simple and easy to use.

Pros

It links very easily to Quick Books. Their customer support has improved over the last year. They provide mobile access and links to Outlook.

Cons

Initially their customer support was terrible, but they have improved over the last several months.
You can't set the order in which the service items appear. The largest issue, and reason we are seeking other time sheet services: employees enter their time on the honor system and in a lump sum. Ebillity provides the option of the employee 'clocking in and out' but it's cumbersome: you can't switch service items or projects easily - you have to log out of the current one and then log back in. Ebillity doesn't allow for a time sheet approval process. And you can't specify limits of access to certain employee time sheets, (that would provide a supervisor access to the time sheets of their subordinates). Trying to print a particular time sheet is difficult and the layout is undesirable: large font that turns a single time sheet into several pages.

Response from eBillity

Hi Diana!

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company!

We are happy to let you know that a lot of the features that you said you wanted which we don't have, such as an approval process or access permissions, we do actually have! We would love to help you out and teach you how to use these features! Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about.

-Alex from eBillity

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Pros

I like the fact that I can log in from my phone or a computer at home or work and use the software online from anywhere.

Cons

When I log in from my phone, I cannot add general time (without a job). This feature should be updated.

Response from eBillity

Thanks for the review. We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that you are getting use of our online and mobile applications.

I am not sure what you mean when you say that you cannot add general time without a job on your phone. If you are able to do this on the web app, then you should be able to do the same on the mobile app. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 so that they can help you with this issue or any other problems that you are experiencing.

-Alex from eBillity

Shreyas P.

Review on my Experience

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

It is a ease application to track entire team's timesheet and bifurcate billable and non billable time.

Pros

Easy to enter the time for each Account
Easy to track Billable and non Billable Hours
Filtering out customer wise and employee wise timesheet

Cons

Sometimes, I faced issue with data loss when I entered the time due to server down.
There is no any options to set auto instructions to approve the time when employees and their hours are regular

Response from eBillity

Hello Shreyas.

Thank you for using Time Tracker by eBillity. We greatly appreciate your support ant feedback.

If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992. We would be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your time and business!

Daniel F.
  • Industry: Maritime

Time Tracker User Feedback

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Pros

Time Tracker does the math, and for the most part saves input automatically.

Cons

When it loses the login credential, it does not provide an obvious message to the user that the connection was lost, and anything being input is not saved. The time boxes are red instead of orange, but there was no message regarding what that meant. The iPhone app does not integrate time smoothly and sometimes creates duplicate entries.

Response from eBillity

Hello Daniel.

Thank you very much for your business and your time in using Time Tracker by eBillity. We are always striving to make the best possible product. If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you again!

Sujatha L.

Ease of use and flexibility to make changes - A user perspective

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Ability to track time against each project and run reports by project and by user was very handy for our company.

Pros

I love the auto - save feature. People forget and I appreciate that i can just fill in time and expect all my changes to be there even I close out and come back the next day.

The ability to enter time over multiple days against the same project without having to select customer/project for every single time entry.

The ability to edit/add notes or make changes to time after the sheet has been submitted without having to ask your manager to unlock/reject your submissions.

Cons

The phone app is not the most user friendly! But this did not affect me much.. Works flawlessly on the computer and does its job ..

Leila C.

Efficient for my team of independent contractors!

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Easy for my independent contractors to record their time. Allows me to monitor cost for each client as well as billing for each client.

Pros

It allows my team of independent contractors working from home to easily record their time by client. The reports allow me to review costs as well as bill clients.

Cons

We have experienced some downtime and a few glitches. But overall we have few issues with this product.

Response from eBillity

Hello Leila,
We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. Please feel free to contact us to 1-800-851-0992 if you have any questions or concerns and we will be more then glad to assist you. Thank you and we appreciate your business.

Linwood F.
  • Industry: Information Services

Functional but annoying

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

I enter time for a consulting firm for whom I subcontract, and have been doing so for a year or two.

Pros

Auto-save keeps me from losing items. The overall product appears reliable (no cases of lost or incorrect entries).

Cons

It is awkward to use. Open on a narrow (e.g. portrait) format desktop and it screws up entirely. Tiny, tiny data entry windows on the multi-line form, and if you manage to find (difficult) the full page form for a separate entry even on a large desktop screen it opens in a small iPhone size box. The software needs to be responsive to the desktop or device in use - it pretends to be, but ends up in convoluted, incorrect shapes and sizes. It just seems like whoever programmed it, either never used it, or never used it on a variety of devices.

Tim G.

• Customer Support Software

I've been using Ebility every week for 7 years and have always been pleased.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy to use. It serves our business well for handling hundreds of small projects/charge lines at one time. It makes time tracking easy.

Cons

When running reports I wish you could see data from time charges that have been removed from the "Customer(s)" que. When we finish and invoice a job, we like to remove a time charge from the que, however we aren't able to see the data when the charge line is removed. Perhaps there could be a feature added where some charge lines are "active" and some are "passive" or "closed".

Patricia G.

• Customer Support Software

Able to track my time with clients on the go

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Portability

Pros

Portability I can use it on my dmary phone, , ease of use, transfers information from smart phone to computer

Cons

Records review it some times does not do a complete history of my time records and notesfuether than a week back

Response from eBillity

Hi Patricia!

In regards to your records issue please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about.

Doug H.

Time Tracker Success Story

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

We have been using Time Tracker for several years now and it had improved the accuracy of our time keeping and streamlined the posting of time to QuickBooks and running our internal payroll.

Pros

Integration with QuickBooks, Mobile app that lets each employee enter their time in the field. Ability to review, edit and approve time records prior to uploading to QuickBooks. New GPS capabilities. Good cutomer support.

Cons

One a few occasions we have had issues with errors in uploading to QuickBooks but the support has been very responsive. and the problems have been solved.

Judy G.

• Customer Support Software

Pretty basic, but works for us.

Reviewed on 17/07/2018

Pros

The program is relatively easy to use. As administrator I am able to look at all employees and make changes easily when necessary.

Cons

I would love to have an easy way to break for lunch instead of ending one period and starting another. I would also love to be able to copy one day to another if my schedule is relatively consistent.

Response from eBillity

Hi Judy!

We are currently looking into adding breaks in the future, keep an eyre out for this in the future. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at [email protected] or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about.

Luke J.

A Simple Way to Log Work Hours

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

The company I work for uses Time Tracker and it is very simple. It is by far the best time log service I have used and would definitely recommend it to a friend (if they had a choice in their time tracking service).

Pros

My company makes it very simple to log in and track my time. I have had many jobs with many different time tracking software and I have to say, Time Tracker is by far my favorite. There are many great features included in this service on top of just tracking your time each day. They also show you how many hours you have for the month on the main screen, which is great.

Cons

You need to be careful that you are tracking the right week. Also be aware of whether or not you are submitting a weekly or daily time entry. Your company may have a preference but I have made the mistake of submitting a daily when I should be submitting a weekly entry.