Miguel R.

Great software with functional features designed to aid business

Reviewed on 04/04/2021

Before my previous employer implemented this software, it was really hard to track the hours, change shifts or check the amount of PTO available. The features of this software have been designed to assist business daily scheduling and besides the malfunctions, the software has high quality performance.

Pros

Humanity is a very user friendly software that allows you to check your schedule, track your hours and check the PTO available balance. My favorite features of this software is the time availability feature, this specific feature allowed me to choose my hours of availability as at that time I was going to school and working at the same time . Also, one features that I used a lot was the request to change shifts and being able to view the manager assigned for my shift. Both of these features smooth the processes at work and allowed me to balance my student and professional life.

Cons

Besides the high quality of some features, the features that allows you to check the PTO available balance never showed the correct amount of PTO and it was hard to keep track of it when asking for permission to take time off. While I used the software, there were some malfunction with the scheduling but this ight have been due to the person assigned of schedules in my previous employer.

Michael W.

• Customer Support Software

Great product, but diminishing value and poor support.

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

Generally good. But lacking is some usability features, such as lack of formatting options for printing a daily schedule in the time frame that we are open.

Pros

Schedule management is the highlight feature for this product.

Cons

We were informed this week that our monthly cost was doubling due to a minimum monthly charge. We are a small business and every dollar counts. Will now be looking for another solution.

Jamie S.

• Customer Support Software

Works great for any size business

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

Humanity is a great tool to add to your business, to create and maintain schedules, as well as monitor labor costs.

Pros

The interface is really easy to navigate and understand as you manage your schedules. You can drag and drop shifts around too, which makes switching schedules super easy. I also like how everything is color coded so it's even easier to identify different departments' schedules.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that it does require $80 per month as a minimum, even though it is only $3 or $4 per user, per month, depending on the amount of features you require. But you still have to meet the minimum which may not be ideal for small businesses who have less than 25 users. If you have a bigger staff, then this is an unbeatable option!

Shoaib S.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

One of the best solutions i have come across

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Pros

The customer service is unreal. I've had multiple calls arranged and any time i had a query they were always got back to me with an answer or solution with lightning speed.

For an organization where employees don't work in shifts, Humanity doesn't tend to offer alot compared to other products out there, but it shines best when it comes to Shift planning and scheduling. In our company we don't tend to do shifts, that was the reason we opted for a product like CakeHR, but overall i was very pleased with their product and all the benefits you get from leave management to attendance tracking.

Also their indept reporting system is very elaborate!

Cons

The mobile app isn't as good as the web version of the product.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Shoaib,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with free Humanity trial, especially for the feedback for our team. We hope you will consider our platform if your scheduling needs change.

Maureen D.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent Scheduling software!

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

We were looking for a software that would handle scheduling, shift trades and hold our staff accountable for showing up on time to each shift and more. This software has exceeded our expectations and we fully enjoy using it. The staff is able to upload their photos so other staff can put a face to a name, set their own availabilities, release shifts, see who is clocked in, add their personalized notifications and run reports for timecard and schedules. It is very user-friendly and easy to learn. This software has solved a lot of the problems we used to experience in the past. If ever there is an issue a staff member is readily available to answer our questions. We often get personalized phone calls or emails and chats just to see how the software is doing. They are always improving the software and updating to make even more powerful and user-friendly. It did not take long for us and our staff to start learning how to use it.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service and flexibility of the software.

Cons

none at the moment

Mark W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Features & Services

Reviewed on 23/03/2019

Pros

The ease of access for the different features. Also, the information is displayed in a user-friendly manner.

Cons

Additional features could be provided along with the option to customize your dashboard so it can feel unique to each user.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Mark,
Thank you for the feedback and suggestion. We'd love to hear more about the specific features you believe would be valuable to our users, so if you like, you can send us your suggestions at [email protected] In the meantime, you can explore our current options to help you personalize your account. Find more information on our Help Desk page: https://helpcenter.humanity.com/getting-started-guides/module-overviews/dashboard-overview. We redesigned some of the Dashboard widgets as well: https://helpcenter.humanity.com/getting-started-guides/dashboard-widgets/new-dashboard-widgets. You can also reach out to our Support team via Live Chat for any questions.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Humanity is great for scheduling across multiple teams

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Pros

Been using Humanity for over 4 years, since when it was Shiftplanning and it's been exteremely beneficial to tracking Leave and Sick days. Our larger HR program only manages PTO but does not have visibility across teams to see who else is off, so Humanity's calendar allows all of our teams to see who else is off before requesting time off, so that we ensure we have sufficient coverage for our phone operations. The ability to easily manually enter or approve time off requests, create and publish schedules is fantastic. Highly recommended!

Cons

I wish there was a way to have automatic approval of leave request depending on how many other people are off on a given day without having to go in and manually approve.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such detailed feedback?it's very valuable to us, especially coming from a loyal customer like your business.

We believe setting up custom leave types might be useful to you, as it allows you to limit the number of staff members that can request leave for the same period. Find more details here: https://helpcenter.humanity.com/staff-and-leave-management/leave-managements/custom-leave-types

Jessica H.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Overall good software

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

Humanity is good software for scheduling and providing a central location for staff to view their schedule and submit leave requests. Since we joined, a few new features have helped us out such as the partial time off requests, etc. I have a few issues with the software, such as when a staff member leaves, it is a very manual process to remove them from future shifts. I have yet to find a good way of doing this and end up going through the next 6 months manually. As for vacation, our staff accrue time off, and this feature is not supported, therefore our time off requests are very manual too. I see how this is good for companies who are constantly changing staff and shifts, however for us, we use a lot of workarounds as our schedule is pretty set. It would be good to be able to add shift patterns to staff availability.

Pros

The ease of use for staff members is great.

Cons

Not having the option for accrued time off. It is tedious to remove staff from future schedules when someone leaves the organization. There is not the ability to add staff to a set "shift pattern".

Dana B.
  • Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

As a manager with many employees, schedules and work areas, this program has been life...

Reviewed on 05/08/2017

Prior to Humanity, our schedule was managed via email and Microsoft calendars. It was nearly impossible to appropriately approve vacation requests and get overtime shifts covered. After implementing Humanity the amount of stress that was eliminated was absolutely life changing!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I'm able to manage my ever changing schedule/staff with minimal effort. It's very easy to fill overtime slots and approve vacation requests ensuring my employees have a great work/life balance.

Cons

There are some limitations when it comes to customizing the interface. I'd like to be able to change the default option for requesting time off. I'd also like to be able to change some of the terminology used to better reflect what I'm using it for.

Michael W.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

I have used this product for some time now and finds it ease of use outstanding

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Pros

The ability to navigate and adjust changes on the fly through the mobile platform. The alert set up for employees.

Cons

Anytime there is an update to the system, I find errors on my current layout. The need for a time clock punch system that doesn't require individual sign in to the system.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi Michael, thank you for your feedback! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by updates and we would like to know more about these errors. Can you please contact our support team at [email protected] and they will be more than happy to help you with this issue?

We fully understand that some of our customers prefer clocking in without having to sign in. That's why many of our clients also use Humanity Station - You can read more about the Station here: https://bit.ly/2hOheCZ

Josh A.
  • Industry: Media Production

Good for Shifts

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

I've used Humanity (Shiftplanning) just for clocking-in and clocking-out each day. It's not very easy to edit mistaken entries, and even more difficult to figure out what the icons mean, and what effect they'll have on my time entries. This is pretty important to have right, since this is how I (and presumably anyone who uses this software) gets paid.

Pros

I like the app (Humanity 01) usability and ease to clock-in and clock-out.

Cons

The software in general is cumbersome and a bit confusing. There are two apps, and the old version seems to work better for my needs. The new app seems to be specific to those who have different "shifts" each day. This seems great for those who need that option, but takes the simplicity away.

Jaccobb R.

• Customer Support Software

Couldn't live without it!

Reviewed on 24/04/2017

We've been a long time user of Shiftplanning, and have been eagerly awaiting Humanity for quite some time. The only problem with ease of use that we're having is that some things aren't where they used to be, so we find ourselves going on a biblical quest (seek and ye shall find). However, that being said, the customer support is unmatched in any system that we use. As to the features and functionality, we've been awaiting some features that are still yet to roll out. We were also waiting for some features that may not even come to pass, such as the ability to share employees between locations (as the beta humanity version showed) without the need of creating new email address and having that employee being put into multiple locations and of course paying for that user access multiple times. All in all, I would (and have) suggest Humanity to anyone seeking an employment shift solution.

Pros

Best customer service - hands down

Cons

The fact that we've long been promised the ability to share employees between multiple locations, and the ability to post a single message from the parent account to trickle down to ALL employees without the need of signing into each individual account.

Kendra S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Good for traditional schedules, difficult for educational schedules

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

I work with Humanity (mwahahah!) to schedule 50-60 students at our two helpdesk locations. Our schedule matches our academic classes so our shifts often start at 5 and 10 minutes after the hour. Currently you can only schedule in 15-minute increments which means approving timesheets is a NIGHTMARE!

Generally Humanity lets us do what we absolutely need to do - it is pretty intuitive for our techs, allows them to manage their own shift trades, we can reproduce repeating schedules, and assign tasks to shifts - all at a reasonable price point so it's a decent value. But the support for trying to suggest the smaller time increments has been a bit... scattered, including techs linking to an unrelated feature request (not my already-submitted year-old request) to show me how to submit a feature request.

Hopefully the idea will get traction (it's been suggested with some regularity since 2013) and will get fixed (our client support coordinator seems to be advocating for us now which is awesome). In the meantime hopefully these notes provide context for the ratings provided above!

Pros

It is online, location restrictable, works well across multiple disparate sites, allows tasks to be assigned to shifts, and allows techs to take ownership of their shift management.

Cons

OH MY GOSH PLEASE GIVE US SMALLER TIME INCREMENTS FOR SCHEDULING FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD IN THE WORLD!!! (Seriously fixing this one problem would solve about forty bajillion other problems I'm dealing with in Humanity at the moment)

David M.

IFAP Humanity Review

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

IFAP has been using the system for several years, now. It has been excallent for our 40+ staff to edit their availability, check out the shifts they are rostered on for and make changes themselves. The smart phone app is very handy

Pros

It is quick, easy and convenient. I like how I can see who else is available for a shift in one click.

Cons

I still feel it should be pushing updates through the app, not relying on e-mail. Relying on notifications through e-mail is not the greatest and it still won't sens SMS because we are in Australia

Steve B.

• Customer Support Software

A great way to schedule staff

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

We have been using Humanity and Shiftplaning for the last 3 years and love it. It has been easy to use, customizable to our complicated company needs and most importantly helpful to our staff. The ability for staff to update there availability on the fly and check there schedule via mobile has been huge. Its intuitive from the moment you start using it. Overall its been a wonderful program that we use everyday.

Pros

Customization is great for complicated organizations.
Staff find it simple and easy to use.
Helps keep our staffing organized.

Rachel B.

• Customer Support Software

Horrible system - leaving and never will return or provide any positive feedback to anyone!

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

1. Horrible Customer Service, impossible to get anyone to train you or your staff on how the system works, and you NEVER respond to calls, took 3 months to get someone on the phone despite setting up times they were supposed to call us.
2. Horrible system with regards to availability and trading - provided all this feedback and it was put in a que of things to be done sometime in the next 10 years maybe?
3. Humanity was NOT an improvement, no changes other than visually how it looks
3.You are wasting your time on fixing stupid things like the 'colour' of shifts instead of actually taking your customers feedback and fixing these that are actually wrong with the system - once I actually talked to someone on the phone I proved him wrong about how your system works (he didn't even understand how trades worked) and I was able to convince him that your program is awful... still my list of feedback is on a long list of 'potential improvements'
4. So many better programs out there - maybe check out your competition for some good examples

Pros

nothing.... maybe it better than paper schedules? maybe

Cons

everything. Availability system is useless as it isn't based on particular period of time - check out When2Work or RecStaff's availability system - so much better. Trading system is useless - people can't view or pick up shifts if they have stated they are un-available (linked to how awful the availability system is). People have so many problem trading shifts that we as managers basically have to switch all shift trades ourselves and since we have so many this is a waste of time that a scheduling system is supposed to fix. The print and report options are also awful and poorly formatted.

Christian R.

Managers Review after using Humanity for about a year

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

Overall it's been great. I would like to see improvements to the scheduling software. Specifically, I want to schedule exact times instead of 15 min increments. I would also like to be able to utilize the notification software outside of the shift reminders to send all my staff emails or texts with a specific message. Outside of these 2 things I am very happy with the performance of your software.

Pros

Simple & easy to use.

Cons

Schedule in only 15 min increments. I need to schedule exact times.

Rachel A.

LOVE HUMANITY!

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

Excellent program! user friendly, employees don't like change but once they use it they love it! Employees like the text reminders. prevents no-shows. Efficient, calculates payroll. time saver, accurate.

I love Humanity! user friendly

Pros

effiicient, user friendly, accurate, time saver

Cons

issue with 24 and 1 hour notifications.....took 4-5 weeks to solve problem. needed status updates on repair

Mark V.

• Customer Support Software

Shiftplanning is easy to use.

Reviewed on 17/08/2017

Pros

I like the ease of use of Shiftplanning - - it's easy to set-up an employee and to add them to a schedule.

Cons

Not all of the "functions" are where I would expect them to be, but once I learned my way around the website, it's easy to use.

Melanie N.

Sufficient scheduling tool

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

Pros

It is easy to view the information needed. For example, the schedule can be viewed in multiple views so you can pick one to your liking

Cons

We have not used it to it's full capacity. I'm sure there is far more functionality that I don't know about

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi Melanie, thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our app. We believe our Knowledge Base can help you explore our functionalities further with helpful articles and tutorials for mastering each module of our platform! Find out more about it here: https://bit.ly/2DJDN2G

Benoit V.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

free time for me

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

our crew jnows in advance where to go and at what time of the day.

Pros

Easy of use, my technicians are now able to look where they go the next day without the need of calling the office, cause yeah they can log in from there smart phone.

Cons

i don't have any cons so far. Maybe i don't use the software to it's full potentiel, then i would see some cons but for what i'm using it for i have nothing to complain about.

Matthew L.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Customer Service and Great Program

Reviewed on 12/04/2016

Shiftplanning took my company out of the stoneage of spreadsheet schedules to interactive and well organized scheduling software. We manage 27 locations within 15 miles of each other with a staff population of about 550. Shiftplanning's FREE setup service allowed us to easily setup all our employees and locations. The Customer Service is the best part. My personal CS client works tirelessly to ensure we are successful and is extremely responsive to needs and requests returning all emails or phone calls within 24 hours. It has made an otherwise colossal task simple and easy to do

Pros

Free Setup Service
Event Log
Customized Reports
Combines HR, Timekeeping, Accounting, and Scheduling into one
Superb Customer Service
Constantly being improved to make better by listening to clients for improvements

Becky G.

• Customer Support Software

Software works for its intended use

Reviewed on 03/01/2018

Pros

Overall good software - needs some improvements. See cons list below for actual feedback on the software

Cons

Don't like that it "times out" after a certain period. Don't like that you can't make your own pattern for staffing repeating shifts. Would like to be able to swap shifts and modify the shift hours that are swapping to. Would like to track history on staff picking up shifts. For example would be nice if a staff request a shift it says that in the notes or history somewhere so they can't say "I never picked that shift up"

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi Becky, thank you so much for your review. We have forwarded your suggestions to our Product team as we believe that your feedback makes us better. As for tracking history on staff picking up shifts, you can export this data from our Reports (you can read more about Reports here - https://bit.ly/2wdRXsI).

Gisele G.

Amazing experience

Reviewed on 26/04/2016

Our new store has been with Shiftplanning since the day we opened our doors which was over two years ago now. As the administrator of the software for our store, I would like to say that the experience has been amazing since day one. On a scale of one to ten, ten being excellent I would give it a strong nine. Not ten just because I believe that their's always room for improvement no matter the service. Everything from friendly sales people to support to being a great product to work with, I would defenitely recommend this service to anybody. Gisele, Ontario Canada

Pros

Easy to use for both administrators and employees. Even our employees with limited computer experience find it easy to use.

Cons

Can't really think of any since it as served us well for our needs.

Allie H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 19/04/2017

customer service agent was very helpful over the phone - he assisted quickly and efficiently to help me with my needs. Thanks!

Pros

Monthly overview scheduling

Cons

Pricing tiers not listed on website