2,517 reviews

Housecall Pro

Field Service Management App

4.7 /5 (2517 reviews) Write a Review!

2,517 reviews
Anthony S.

Housecall Pro Pros & Cons

Reviewed on 23/01/2021

I am very happy with it. I came from Wintac. I was with Wintac for about 25 years and made the switch to Housecall Pro and it has helped me with things Wintac was not capable of helping me with, like my online presence, getting more reviews, tracking how long employees take at jobs, etc.

Pros

Very easy to use, the user interface is clear, has mobile app, has desktop app, the company listens to its users and make updates to the software pretty quick. Has open API to a lot of 3rd party software and is open to having more. work orders are great

Cons

Still building new features that are very important to have but not there yet, some important features are there but seems like not a lot of time was put into those features where more time might have been put in other less important features. Reporting does not dig deep enough. service agreements need work

Justin J.

Great Software

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Pros

The user friendly interface, when it comes to using an all in one program for running a business, this is one of the best, it’s easy to use, very tech friendly for the guys in the field and customer service is great anytime I have any questions, I just send an email and get a response back very quickly. Would highly recommend to other companies.

Cons

Our company uses it on IPads in the field and also on computers at the office, and what I felt could be improved upon is allowing certain features to be used on the app as well as the site version on desktop. Certain features and functions you can only do from the desktop.

Ryan A.

• Customer Support Software

Housecall Pro changed my life!

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

My overall experience with Housecall Pro has been fantastic. Even more so since I upgraded to the XL

Pros

Having the ability to track time, movement, KPI's, reviews, payments, scheduling etc is so powerful!

Cons

There are some things that yhe other juggernauts in the industry have that this software doesn't but I am confident they will get there, and I'm happy to have gotten in at basicalky the ground floor.

Taylor C.

Great functionality!

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Housecall Pro was so easy to setup and has been a breeze to use ever since. I've has a wonderful experience with the program and don't feel the need to seek further programming. Housecall was definitely the right choice for our company.

Pros

The best thing about this program is the simplicity. It takes no time to figure out how to learn something new with this program. The customer support is great to work with and can figure most things out rather quickly. It's is so nice having such a great program with all the essentials built in one.

Cons

There isn't much to not like. The program is always updating features. They always takes suggestions, which is nice. If you'd like to see something, it's usually there within a few months.

Scott B.

Love HouseCall Pro

Reviewed on 02/05/2020

Overall great! I have referred it to many friends and people I talk to. It far surpasses any software I’ve seen or used and the way they communicate and run the company is just icing on the cake.

Pros

HCP has made my day to day business adman much easier. It literally replaces a part time employee w all that it does for me.
The digital schedule is great. The text and email reminders that are sent out look so professional-I get comments from customers saying they love all “my” communications (it’s mostly automatic). So cool!
The invoicing is clear, the cc payment link that comes on every invoice sent out has helped to keep a/r low.
Everything is at the click of a button, and very user friendly.
One of the really great things is their customer service. When I get stuck or have any glitches, they reply within minutes (no joke), and it’s always a precise reply. Sometimes they tell me there’s no feature for what I’m asking but they submit my request for the feature to be a future addition.
Overall, it’s been the best software addition I’ve had. This is my 4th software over 20 yrs of doing business and with all their constant updates I don’t expect to ever have to change again.

Cons

There are features that don’t exist yet. I have been able to find work arounds for all of them.

For example, you can’t send out a broadcast marketing email to your customer base. However, you can easily export your client list to do it through another platform.
You can easily and send out a custom postcard to your client list through HCP, it can even be automatic.
Since it’s cloud based, if I don’t have cell svc or wifi, I can’t access any info or process any invoices/estimates etc. This is a limitation.

Barry C.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

House call review

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Pros

App use experience is phenomenal. I have written estimates In a time crunch in the driveway of the customers house b4 a sales meeting. While not ideal, the ability to have something for my client rather than nothing is all the difference. Only Houscall makes this possible.

Cons

Housecall over all gets 5 stars , no question about it. The only reason I gave 4 stars is some areas is because I am seeing the potential of the product and would like to see house call achieve that potential.
Web based use is definitely not the same experience as the app. Pages bog, cursors lag, and it takes time to write proposals and navigate.
While the organization of the web based platform is truly superior, the navigation is not.
I choose to log on the web based platform because of the clarity and organizational benefits but I often find myself frustrated, losing unsaved pages or saying “ common”.
With that said there is nothing that even comes close to what housecall offers me so take that criticism in perspective to the the truly awesomeness of house call as a whole.
I would like to add that house call software engineers have come up with some great ideas! Ideas I never knew I needed but now can not go with out.
Features such as street view and home value in the customers page is very helpful. Other helpful features SA colab with employees and sales updates, employee tracking and credit card processing on site are In app features I have been introduced to that I can’t live with out. These features may not seem like the back bone of your business head on but i can tell you in hindsight they all add up and contribute to your over all competitive edge.

Mike M.

A review of Housecall Pro CRM

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

It is much easier to look up phone numbers, addresses, and prior work orders within Housecall Pro vs. our former manual paper system. Also a good feature HC Pro provides is the ability to collect payments in the field which is probably more accurate and faster than other methods.

Pros

Housecall Pro is a great CRM product. We are a plumbing company and we use this software every day and it helps us keep track of our customers in the cloud. We have not started using Housecall Pro in the field as of yet, but we will soon. Once a person learns the software it is fairly easy to upload a list of inventory items such as plumbing parts and then add these parts to a customer's invoice. We are experimenting with locating parts through voice recognition from the tablet and then adding these parts to the invoice rather than keying them in by hand. We use a time and material vs. flat rate customer invoicing system. Many companies are hard to reach or place you on long holds when you call them. Housecall Pro utilizes a chat feature which provides a timely response to our questions. Housecall Pro is an affordable and good quality software program that is web based. Some of the features of the program include job scheduling, dispatch, customer invoicing, the ability to accept credit cards in the field, and more. Overall we are very satisfied with Housecall Pro and recommend them as a Field Service Software solution.

Cons

It would be nice to have sub categories or some type of drop down menu for our parts so they would be easier to find. For example it would make sense to have a category called copper fittings and then a sub category called elbows, and then a sub category to that for different types of elbows such as 22, 45, and 90 degree.

Since we are time and material plumbers it would also be nice to have an automated way to calculate our labor costs based on time spent on the job, but this still requires a manual calculation from what I understand.

Christina S.

• Customer Support Software

Common Sense Approach to Managing your Clients and Employees!

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Sometimes, using multiple software applications, to try and get one job done can be frustrating. Not so with HouseCall Pro. The customer service over chat is so quick and easy, as well as the "tips and troubleshooting" search -- any problems I am having are usually "self-generated." LOL!

Pros

This has got to be the easiest "learning curve" I have ever experienced. Coming from a completely different industry, to manage the office here was a bit daunting. BUT - HouseCall Pro made it much easier.
a) Customers: Easy to set up customers in system, note their special preferences, create "tags" to track for where they heard about us, and contact them via emails or texts. Each account has the Zillow pic and profile of each of our customers - providing a wealth of information to us before we even arrive to service their home.
b) Employees: Love the "personal touch" of adding the photos of our team - Our customers can see who is arriving - and - with the notification system, they know when they will be there. TimeTracker makes payroll a snap, and allows employees the flexibility to check in and out while out in the field thru the app - not tied to a punch clock or computer in the office.
c) Scheduling: Easy to use, nice 'color-coding' features for each employee, with options to notify your customer of changes or not. Quickly able to schedule on the fly, thru the phone app. Can look day, week or month with a quick tab change.
d) Invoicing: LOVE it --- the team can enter in all their details, which would normally have to be transcribed from paper notes, on the Work Orders thru the phone app. Nice presentation to the customers, with immediate email invoice available, the minute the job is done and paid for. AND it flows to QuickBooks!

Cons

Creating "work arounds" for creating multiple sub-accounts for a main client. Sometimes, there needs to be a three layer deep ability to categorize a customer. Example: Parent Company (Main Customer), which has multiple condominium complexes (Sub Accounts of Main Customer)- each one having its own name/ billing account, and then, the need to create sub accounts for each Condo Complex (a Sub Sub Account) - for each individual Unit (for service address)

Katelyn M.

• Customer Support Software

Housecall Pro is changing our business for the better!

Reviewed on 22/10/2015

Pros

Our main concerns were to appear as professional as we can. We own a small HVAC company in CA. Its just me, my husband, and a hired hand. I got tired of entering paper invoices and worst of all loosing them >,<. We started with a software that did our pricing for us based on our industry. I will tell you it was a nightmare. They charged us per line on our invoices and the bill just range up. It seemed impossible to get ahead with that software. I won’t name names to avoid shaming them. When i heard about HCP i decided to do a demo. I was astonished at how much value was actually in the program. included was email marketing to keep in touch with our current customers, smooth connectivity with Quickbooks Online (no more entering invoices) yay!, they send email reminders to clients, they let clients know we are on our way, and tons more. Not only that but customer service is SOOO easy to get ahold of. I almost never have to wait more than a few minuets to get a response via chat. Its fantastic. Its the best software we have used AND its only 1 low monthly fee. We don’t get charged per invoice or customer. so its really a limitless software and for the price its a steal. They even charge less than paypal for processing credit cards! We couldn’t be happier. If your thinking about going with Housecall Pro just do it!

-new features added all the time
-we look professional to our clients
-free email marketing included with your subscription
-you can set up unlimited campaigns for email to tailor to each group of clients
-test messages sent to customer to remind them of appointment and that we are on our way
-great estimate and invoice set up
-easy to reach customer support
-low monthly fee (and even lower if you pay upfront)
- syncs with quickbooks (no entering invoice data yay!)
- customers can be imported directly from quickbooks online so everything is together.
-can get a signature on invoices
-all invoices are emailed to customers when job is complete
---The list seriously goes on

Cons

- the only con i can think of is that (like any new software or app) you have to learn how to use it. It takes a little bit to get it down. BUT support is there the entire way to answer your questions --AND even fix your mistakes :) --.

Jennifer M.

Great solution!

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

100% better than what we had before. We love it.

Pros

What we like most about this software is the scheduling/dispatching aspect of it. It is VERY EASY to schedule several employees, they receive the appt information through the app installed on their tablets/phones and contains all the pricing and info that they need for their calls. Has cut WAY down on missed calls, money not collected and wasted time. The Service Agreement feature has also been great. Customer Services, while only available during normal business hours, is fast to respond via the "blue bubble" when we have a problem. Just this morning got a problem fixed in under 10 minutes.

Cons

I would not use the app for accounting purposes.

David A.

• Customer Support Software

More time to run the business, less work to do so.

Reviewed on 03/06/2020

We have done 1 year so far with housecall pro, and will renew for another year.

Pros

There is no doubt that this software has saved me a large amount of time that I can now use to do other things like growing the business, or spend time with my family. Who likes to stay up until 11pm at night working on invoices, quotes or transfering documents between different software? housecall pro has made a positive change in my life.

Cons

There are some very small changes that would make a huge difference, but yet have been ignored by their developers.

-Being able to save and edit the pre-written messages when you send emails (quotes, invoices etc) would save me even more time, since I don't like the ones they use, how hard can that be to implement?

-Recording incoming calls, that way you don't have to make your customer repeat everything 3 times. Their competitors do it.

-have an option to use the software when there is no internet connection would be appreciated.

-the phone app doesnt seem to match the same data as the desktop version, fix that app!

Mai H.

Awesome Dispatch Product For Your Team

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

We've been able to simplify and streamline our communication workflow between the office and plumbing team. It is much more transparent. The amount of money we are saving each since switching from expensive providers like ServiceTitan has been tremendous.

Pros

Housecall Pro user interface is easy to use on both desktop cloud and mobile app. Easy to book appointments-->dispatch to the team with no issues. We the ability to also manage the team out in the field without being tied to the office all the time. Their community on Facebook is by far one of the best and most interactive and helpful to all.

Cons

This product has been awesome and there are no negative feedback.

Shanna J.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

I appreciate the fact that they are intrested in keeping us all up-to-date with new features they value our opinion when it comes to adding features. Their educational tools and webinars, particularly now during the pandemic truly shows how much they care. If we succeed... they succeed. Not to mention they can be quite entertaining online.

Pros

We have been in business for 25+ years and after researching many other softwares, we made the decision to integrate HCP with QBO online. It took 2.5 days to fully integrate (due to our file size) and it has been the BEST decision we ever made. Particularly during the pandemic and social distancing, it has allowed us to have digital contact with our clientele, online correspondence, payments, service agreements, scheduling, dispatching, etc.

Cons

Although BCB is helpful, sometimes talking to an actual person would relieve some stress and get answers quicker. Would even be willing to pay a "small" fee in what feels like an emergency situation. Also a blast communication to all users when there is communication error between HCP and QBO, so we don't think its just our company with issues and the reassurance that HCP is already on it!

Patrick G.

• Customer Support Software

Let’s go to the next level

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Pros

We have used electronic invoicing since 2010. Last spring as a company I knew we had to look towards a cloud based system. We had already switched to a competitor of HCP and it wasn’t working out for us. Some of our requirements when looking for a new invoice company was to be cloud based, be very Innovative, and to be stable with a long term vision, yet innovative and adaptable to a quickly changing world. We found this in Housecall Pro. They have a vision and leadership to guide people in the service industry willing to change into a new changing economy. Our Spring sales numbers increased 120 percent when comparing 2018 to 2019 and I give all the Workflow Managment credit to the HCP program. We could not have done this without a efficient way to manage. They are also over the top when it comes to customer service. 5 ⭐️ s

Cons

It should have been invented in 2010😁 🙄

Joe S.

Great CRM software

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Great CRM for business starting out. Has really helped us become efficient and love the integration options.

Pros

Scheduling, reminder, customer profile. Zillow and google integration.

Cons

Needs more security function. Security needs to be more elective as individual components than bundled. Ability to create roles and assign security functions. would be nice if pricing could be associated with time allotments in order to make online booking easier.
Ability to create dynamic fonts in the description for online booking. Change custom request to come over as a non editable customer note instead of a line item that is on the invoice.
Allow for customer to sign off job again if new services are added. Separate credit percentage an money amount to individual boxes. We have a credit program which doesn't work when we apply a discount. Allow dispatcher to add credit card on file. Accept Venmo, paypal and cash app.

Allen L.

Great Platform, Extremely Affordable, Life Changing

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Love it, Definitely made my back office easier.

Pros

Its easy to use, frequent updates and new features, extremely helpful customer service, Great Facebook community to help each other, its worth every penny.

Cons

More customization, A way to save premade choices on their sales presentation feature.

Malcolm S.

• Customer Support Software

HouseCall Pro is Simply Stunning!

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

Pros

I have worked in the corporate software industry for more than 30 years. Most recently I worked at a major software supplier with big name major accounts with more than 30,000 licenses for some of their customers. My role involved all aspects of customer service, including corporate demos, involvement in the sale process and post-implementation customer service.

The reason I started this review with that information is that I am actually blown away by the similarities between how HouseCall Pro treats it's customers in comparison.

My business is just starting out with only a handful of employees but from day one my engagement with HouseCall Pro has been astonishing - in a very good way - with me receiving as much care and attention as I have been used to giving to my own customers in the past! The initial contact tried to understand the key points that I was looking for in the software before setting up a one-on-one meeting where those key points were shown to me in a live demo.

The software itself is actually perfect for my business. The learning curve was a little different to what I expected but the support has been absolutely first class. The online help is excellent, but the online support chat window is phenomenal. The folks in support not only know their stuff, they respond quickly, help with the questions I have, and have a laugh along the way. What actually prompted this review was a more recent phone call to the support team. I had to leave the call before they answered. Totally unprompted, within 5 minutes, they had called me back to see how they could help. Now, THAT was impressive.

I completed a lot of research prior to deciding to invest in HouseCall Pro. I made the right decision, without question, when I moved forward with HouseCall Pro.

I highly recommend this product.

Edward D.

• Customer Support Software

Glad to have found this software

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

time right out of the gate. this software has a lot of potential to become an all in one suite to run the back office and then populate straight into quick books.

Pros

Going live with most of the back office

Cons

It is missing job expenses to help show more than just gross income. we need a way to show net income (post materials and fees). then add a way to track overhead.

Paul B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

• Customer Support Software

Don’t choose a premium cloud solution for scheduling and invoicing without giving Housecall a...

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Great support both technically and from a corporate level with live events they add value as a user of the product and as a business manager/owner. Tremendous commitment to support the “pros” that make up their customer base

Pros

Ease of use, but full featured, strong mobile app as well as desktop. Integration with Quickbooks online version Also google maps integration and GPS. Online book from our website directly to the software works well.

Cons

Lack of ability to have tech to accept the jobs through the app since we work with independent contractors who can refuse jobs they don’t want. Also there does not seem to be a way for customers to choose the crew they want when booking online

Mike B.

Game Changer for my business

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

It solve so much which I explained already having my customers data info all at the push of a button ready at my fingertips anytime anywhere is amazing!

Pros

It’s a mobile office, computerized Secretary, personal assistant, organizer/filer, and just a must have, all in one system keeping me focused more on the physical work and customer care that I want to provide, which only this has allowed me the time to do so!

Housecall Pro absolutely leaves a HUGE impression of professionalism with easy invoicing/payment systems as well! The fact I don’t have to align the sun moon and stars with mine and the clients schedule just to collect balance owed. All they have to do is click and pay right from the emailed invoice! It has set us apart from the heard of other service companies out there! So the more I think about this while typing this, maybe I shouldn’t leave this review and help my competitors out? I need them out there chasing their tails so I can run more jobs that they don’t have the time for 🤔!

Cons

Accessing and use of Administer portal on mobile device would be nice! I can’t do curtain things on mobile app that the admin desktop version can only provide and doing that stuff at 10pm isn’t the most convenient way for me!

Steven & kristy P.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

HCP is our HERO!!!

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Almost daily, one of us says, "I love HCP!!" We have been through several service software programs and NONE of them beat HCP!!

Pros

If we are unable to be in the office, we are able to run our company with our phones or ipads. The fact that we can TEXT invoices, has definitely helped us get paid. Have a quick/easy question, no need to call and sit on hold! Just ask the Blue Chat Bubble (BCB). Within a few minutes, you will have the answer you need! Also, if you have a suggestion that HCP should add to their software, send it in to the BCB as well. This software is always updating to newer and better things. The Facebook group is AMAZING!! Daily, I read the Pros posts/questions/comments...and I learn SO much!!

Cons

This software REALLY needs a pause/hold button for work orders that are needing equipment/parts ordered or are waiting on them to deliver. A dedicated area for listing HVAC equipment would be great as well. Then once a maintenance agreement is created, the equipment could auto populate. (GAME CHANGER)

Nicole R.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Overall I am happy with the software. I am looking forward to the changes yet still to come.

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Better communication between our business and customers.

Pros

The communication to customers via email and text is amazing! I love that you can convert an invoice back to an estimate, that you have the ability to created "options" for estimates and the easy approval/decline process that it offers for customers. Overall I am pretty satisfied with all of the features that it offers and am looking forward to the changes yet to come.

Cons

The inability to create additional contacts for each customer and the ability to link a specific customer to a specific job. I also don't like that there is no separate area where private notes can be added to one area (not necessarily to specific jobs) which allows the system to automatically stamp the note with the date/time.
Now, I am not certain since I do not have the higher priced software that offers the GPS tracking, but it would be extremely helpful with the timeclock feature to have the timeclock track times throughout the day, logging from the time the tech clocked in to the time they marked themselves en-route, on-site, and finished throughout the entire day. This would be of great value when matching tech timesheets against HCP or even to integrate it completely as a timesheet that the tech would be paid from (this is helpful in getting techs to correctly mark jobs since they know that's how they will be paid).
One thing about the existing software that I dislike is that if an estimate/invoice is sent and gets returned due to an invalid email address, for it to send an automatic email notification to the administrator advising of the invalid address. Unless I specifically go in and look at the activity, I don't see that it was returned. It would also be really great to have some individualized set up meetings with someone who knows the ins/outs of the software and could help by phone or video meeting with set up.

Erica O.

HouseCall Pro Review

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

This program has made a huge difference in following our collections and keeping up with billing. We are able to create reports that we use daily from the dashboard. This has also been a fantastic app at keeping track of the scheduling at a much more efficient level. We are able to keep our different divisions separate by changing the color assigned to the techs.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to use for my techs in the field. They can use the app and do their jobs fully, get authorizations, see their scope of work, collect and make notes and attach pictures all in one easy touch on the screen of their phones, or Ipads.

Cons

I think my only con on this program is I can not build jobs. I have to create segments for each step of the job and think it would be much easier if I could just create a job and build it from there and be able to complete each step and then invoice once the full scope of work is done.

John T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

• Customer Support Software

A cool cloud-based tool to manage your field staffs and boost productivity.

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Pros

It’s basically a cloud-based field service management system that assists managers to schedule their tasks, send auto-reminders to their staffs regarding the pending and upcoming work with the task checklists. It also provides you real-time updates about their location. You can control all your employees from your mobile or from a remote location. The application has a Customer database, and you can confirm if a delivery is successfully done, or if transactions are done by field staffs by enabling response from respective clients. It has even helped us with the process of technician dispatch and online payment processing.

Cons

Provides only limited customization. You can only check out the completed tasks, it is difficult to track the progress of tasks. During the time of invoicing, the credit card option could only be turned off by using desktop version and not by the mobile version, and this mobile application lacks in functionalities when being compared to the desktop version. The reporting features aren't up to the mark. In the case of single estimates, we have experienced a few glitches that have created duplication of invoices.

Mercedes S.

Makes our lives easy!

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

We have been using House Call Pro for a few years now. The scheduling system is amazing and very easy to manage. We love how we can collect payments in the field with the same app as well as be able to edit an invoice in a customers home. It also makes training new employees easier because the app is so easy to use. This app saves us so much time and energy that we have more time to actually spend with our families and friends!

Pros

The scheduling system is easy to use. We can make a new customer and create an invoice in less than a minute.

Cons

When the system goes down we are lost until it comes back up. This has only happened a few times in the last few years though.