1Password

4.7 (2,061)
Write a Review!
Password manager for businesses and families

(2,061)

Alejandro
Alejandro

1password a good file, data and password manager

Reviewed on 04/01/2022

1password is a good password and data manager it helps me a lot to organize all my passwords in categories and with labels, as well as adding users to my vault safely. But to be honest it is not worth its price, it has very great features and the functions it has leave a lot to be desired, plus the platform and the browser extension have a horrible design and the experience is bad, so I decided to switch to LastPass.
Personally, I need something more robust, with more functions, more secure and that adapts to my business and that of my clients.
If you need something simple 1password is what you are looking for.

Pros

What he likes best is that I can create private and shared vaults to view all files together or view them separately in each vault. The "watchtower" option shows me the general security level of the passwords and also generates a breach report, this is excellent to keep the data safe. Other aspects that I liked is that it can organize my passwords with labels and categories and that I can add users to my vaults or share or export passwords to other accounts and applications.

Cons

1password does not have free plans, all its plans are subscription-based. Also what I did not like is that you cannot save files, the mobile application has some errors to connect with Dropbox and also the vulnerable passwords are not changed automatically as in LastPass.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Lastpass has a lot more features, is more secure, and has plans to suit my needs.

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Pros

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Cons

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

Jeremy Brand
Jeremy Brand

• Customer Support Software

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for...

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Upgraded security and privacy

Upgraded security and privacy

Pros

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze.

Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Cons

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it.

Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll need an account to sign in. Don't have an account? View this FAQ. The FAQ says, enter your secret key. Oh, the Mac version doesn't have a secret key? Looks like you have the wrong version! You need the membership, which costs a monthly fee. And, surprise, now your extension is in read only mode, hope you don't mind we took that away.

I don't know if it's their weird decision to fork the Mac app store version from 1Password 6/7 (a move done to extract more money from monthly subscriptions, I'm sure), how they are handling the vault syncing with external services or WHAT, but this once solid tool is growing stale, fast.

Response from 1Password

Hi Jeremy Brand,

Thank you for reviewing 1Password!

I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers

Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you.

Thanks!

Best regards, Roustem
Founder of 1Password
Toronto, Canada

Michael

Gets the job done but a bit clunky

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

Pros

For simple password management for small teams and a relatively affordable per seat price, it gets the job done to meet the minimum standard for password security in today's digital world.

Cons

Chrome extension and UI feel a bit clunky and unintuitive for managing passwords and viewing and sharing vaults. 1Password also had a hard time correctly saving login information for forms with 3+ fields, e.g., AWS Console, so I always had to look up my AWS account number to input into the login form.

Keeper Security and LastPass
Alex
Alex
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Market leader in corporate password and access management

Reviewed on 21/06/2023

Overall I’m happy with what 1Password provides, but for personal use I’m sticking with the free tier of BitWarden.

Pros

I like the UI design and the excellent browser plug-ins that allow me to sign in to any Web site or service without having to retype my password: the laptop’s built-in fingerprint reader takes care of that. The syncing between desktop and mobile devices works flawlessly, and it’s easy to generate new passwords and fill in custom form fields (such as checkboxes). I also really like the sharing feature that enables sharing one item with a coworker.

Cons

I don’t like the lock-in 1Password introduces by offering to couple the Family account to the work account. If I change employers, and the new one does not use 1Password, I would have to migrate my personal vault, which is always a hassle.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

You can use one password again!

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

At times especially on new devices it seems like quadruple authentication, which takes up a lot of time and sometimes you lose.

Pros

Well my favorite of course is that it works in apps as well as websites which is not something that Chrome or other browsers do.

Cons

If you lose your password and your passcode (which is a little packet you receive) at the beginning when signing up your out of luck.

Forms On Fire and LastPass

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Well I tried last pass and they just seemed a lot more basic and didn't have the features that 1password has. I was ready to get rid of chrome, Mozilla and Google generally anyways for saving my passwords , it was a good switch.

Gmail, LastPass, and Google Chrome

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Actually I was offered a deal for a year in another app and that was the reason why I tried them, and I like them
Alson
Alson
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

The only password manager you should consider for enterprise or even for personal / family use

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

1Password is by default, the best password manager anyone can have, be it a regular joe using it to manage personal accounts or a CEO managing credentials on the enterprise level.

Pros

It's easy to use, idiot proof and the systems integration is top notch. I have never went a day without using 1Password since more than 10 years ago.

Cons

The only issue is that it's not the cheapest password manager around, and the fact that I'm paying for this says a lot about the service.

Dewey
Dewey
  • Industry: Media Production

A MUST HAVE APP

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

We use 1Password to store passwords for our Adobe, Microsoft, Vimeo and other shared accounts that are accessed by our employees.

Pros

1Password is super simple and secure, allowing our company to store (and internally share) the passwords to our various media and software accounts. The two factor authentication is also great, giving us even more peace of mind when accessing sensitive data. It is also fairly priced. We have tried a few different password storage options and this by far is our favorite!

Cons

I wish that 1Password had some kind of live chat/phone support, as we've run into small issues from time-to-time that took a bit longer to solve than we would've liked. Speaking to a rep over the phone would have made the process much simpler to solve. Otherwise, we love this service!

Sarah
Sarah

1Password for Small Teams

Reviewed on 19/07/2020

We are ensuring that our internal logins and notes are stored safely and securely and that only the people who need access to them can use them.

Pros

At our agency, we are now working mostly remotely and have a lot of internal accounts that we must store safely and keep protected. This tool is incredibly handy. The Chrome extension is so extremely useful and auto-fills logins and passwords directly into the tool. You can even have it autofill it without letting people see what the password is, which is an added/bonus safety feature that we use almost exclusively. It's so nice that you can also enter custom fields and other notes and information into each vault and organize the vaults by project, team, client, and have private vaults for your own personal usage. The tool is safe and secure.

Cons

The tool can be a tad clunky to navigate at first and sometimes the extension works a bit slow, however, for the minimal cost and quality of security, it's not a major issue at all. It's very simple to implement once you get used to it.

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Construction Software

1Password is the Password Manager we settled on

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

For me 1Password is a software I can't live without. Problem is some employees won't take the 5 seconds it takes to save a password and they just reset passwords all the time.

Pros

Great for keeping passwords on all our devices and storing important data.

Cons

I've found it hard to get some of our employees to use the software.

Bill

Good if you only need it for web sites

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Pros

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine.

My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Cons

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

LastPass and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Looking for a way to share portions of my password database with customers.

KeePass

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

The sharing capability worked the way I needed it to.
Nick

Complex, But the Best Password Manager Out There

Reviewed on 18/01/2021

1Password is a software I would insist on using at any company, especially where sharing information amongst coworkers is essential, and—without question—when sharing virtual credit card information is necessary. It offers a lot of peace of mind in that regard.

Pros

I find 1Password to be the most secure answer to sharing most types of confidential information. Mostly, as the name suggests, this software is great for sharing passwords and/or full login credentials, but it's also great for securely storing credit card information, official eyes-only documents, and a great deal more. The browser integration specifically allows access to most of this information seamlessly, with no compromise in security.

Cons

I used 1Password for many years as a Team Member at another company, and now as the Owner/Administrator, I'm responsible for setting up the accounts of all employees. Onboarding new users tends to be a bit time consuming, and the desktop app and browser dashboards have completely different UIs, as does the browser extension, which sort of feels like I'm running three software trainings at once. It would streamline the onboarding process a lot if all of the UIs were consistent, but it's a small price to pay for what you get, and is entirely worth it.

OneLogin and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Partially, I chose 1Password because it's familiar. However, in choosing a password manager for the company I moved to, I exhausted my resources researching alternatives, and surveyed friends who work at other companies. 1Password was always the software of preference.
Jakub
  • Industry: Design

Once you get used to it you never stop

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Great app with a set of features which the user finds userful only after some time using it. Like the Watchtower which gives you sort of warnings when there has been a breach in some services. Having th passwords saved somewhere else then the browser is im my opinion very practical and gives me confidance. As a skilled user I can sync my posswords over multiple machines even without using the cloud.

Pros

The application is fast and reliable. Passwords get stored securely and what mostly fascinates me is that the auto-fill feature really works all over the websites and it can be tweaked to work on local machines. Everything can be organized into folders and tagged. Finding a password is really easy.

Cons

The switch to the subscription model is understendable, but I did not like it in partiucular since I like my software licenced for a one-time fee.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

The appl was bought by LogMeIn and since the company did not go well on theLogMeIn application I decided to look for something else.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

Transparency over company ownership and jurisdictional location.
Darryl

• Customer Support Software

Stop being dumb and disorganized, get 1Password for your business & family!

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

Agilebits has really grown 1Password in the right direction. I've been with them for 10+ years and not only do they actually have support that respond, they even take the time to respond well. They could respond more quickly, but I'm not going to complain much about that, within 24 hours and a good response instead of 72 hours and a canned response... I'll take that any day!

Pros

1Password has evolved into a very nice software. Their Business Teams feature has been key in organizing our company virtually. Teaching staff why its so important to use random military grade passwords everywhere and never reusing the same password is key for any business that doesn't like to be hacked. People are pretty dumb when it comes to their passwords, 1Password, when used properly, sets the bar where it needs to be! Stop texting logins everywhere, use 1Password shared vaults to "transfer" a login or other sensitive data to a staff or family member! I've had my kids on it since age 3 with family vault so I can manage their logins, and teach them good practice on login management since day one.

Having access to all sensitive data on the go with the mobile app, priceless. Seriously, why are you still reading this GO BUY IT AND FORCE EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO USE IT!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say, which is strange for me, as I am a critical mind and almost always find something to complain about :) Oh I got one, my complaint is that NOT EVERYONE IS USING IT! Fix that Agilebits!

iCloud and LastPass

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

At the time I chose 1Password because they were standalone vaults that gave me full control over my own data and security. Now anymore, many choose LastPass for price, but I would never sacrifice all the features, support, ease of use, and security that 1pass has provided all these years. I have studied the cloud-based version of 1pass, was impressed with their white-paper on how the encryption works, and wouldn't trust anyone else with a cloud-based solution, ESPECIALLY NOT APPLE / iCLOUD!!!

• Customer Support Software

Why would you use anything else?

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Overall our experience has been great. Their support, via both email and Twitter, is top-notch. The UI is modern feeling and easy to navigate. The ability to share those required logins within our company is the most important part of this software, and it's the part that 1Password exceeds at.

Pros

The features and modern UI look of 1Password made this an easy choice. Vault management is a breeze, and setting up groups for each department with those vaults is easy. The built-in QR code scanner to set up MFA is a feature that is invaluable as it ensures an easy way for our employees to use this and make sure their accounts can be as safe as possible.

Cons

There is only one thing that is currently negative for us, and that is that there is no G Workspace integration. There is a SCIM bridge to help bridge between different directories, there is support for MS Active Directory, but there is not get any firm plans for G Workspace integration. While this is currently not deal-breaking, as we grow larger we may need to look at alternatives if this doesn't get on the roadmap.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Lastpass felt dated and it didn't feel like the updates they were making were useful to us or bringing the product up to a modern feel. 1Password was less buggy, has wider support across iOS apps and Web and just felt like a better product to use

Stephen M
Stephen M

It Should Be Installed By Default

Reviewed on 13/05/2021

Overall, this is a kick-ass product! You pay for it though so you expect that level of premium upgrades and security. At $36/yr it's a reasonable expense at about $0.75/week to keep all your data in one place, secured. Again, with all of the ways, they allow you to access your information they really provide the most flexibility possible while keeping your information safe.

Pros

I'm still waiting for the horrible headline - "1Password Hacked". Thankfully, that day hasn't come and hopefully never will. The software is easy to use in either browser extension or full-application mode. I was able to make all of my passwords random 8-16 characters and different for every service I use. I feel much more secure than I did just a few months ago. It's easy to access across many devices once authorized. I have it on my computers, phone, and even watch. It not only allows passwords but some payment information, so that pesky credit card number you can't remember is always at hand.

Cons

Sometimes, I think it has to do with the site's form submission, you are not prompted to save the password you just entered or created. In that case, if it was generated with 1P, you can pretty easily find it in your password list and add the site domain and username. In other cases, where you created the password, 1P does not know it and you do need to manually add it yourself. These scenarios are maybe every 1-in-10 sites you create an account on.

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

I tried LastPass for a little while. It seemed a little more confusing to me. I think there were more granular options, maybe, especially for groups, but I just found it a little more cumbersome to use.

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

I personally prefer the look, feel, and layout of 1Password. I have recommended both LastPass and 1Password to friends and family depending on their preferences - as long as their data is safe.
simon
  • Used for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Middle of the road software

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

The features I paid for in 1Password became free in it’s competitors and they had more features. As a single user, finding the free version of another product beating the paid version of the product I am using was galling. I switched (even when offered the free subscription with another bundled product).
For small teams, this product was lacking so many of the features I needed

Pros

This was the clear (to me) leader in the field when I chose to replace the old solution I had fallen into many years back (when I was only concerned with windows desktop/laptops), and looked to a solution for Mac and mobile. As a single user it had all the features I needed.

Cons

It didn’t scale well to the use cases I had for multiple users or sharing. It didn’t get updated at the speed of other apps on mobile devices. It made it very hard to get my data back out of, to try competitors.

LastPass and Dashlane for Business

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Roboform was way behind the field for mobile apps.

RoboForm

Reasons for Switching to 1Password

At the time I didn’t need their advanced features, and the single user feature set was better (and initially not more expensive)

• Customer Support Software

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Great password management for anyone.

Great password management for anyone.

Pros

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users.

Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards, ftp logins and many others. It’s really well thought out and works seamless across all devices.

On iOS, it recently got an OS integration where you can autofill within most of your mobile apps which makes the process of sign in very easy and effortless. There is a similar process for Android users also.

If you are more conscious of where all this data is stored and trust Dropbox with this precious information, you can keep your vault (the place were all this information is stored), inside your dropbox account giving you more control with were your important data is stored.

Cons

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which it’s a bit expensive from my point of view.

The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and it’s harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Carlos
Carlos
  • Industry: Entertainment

Convenience and security everywhere you go.

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

I often work on multiple stations. From my desktop computer; laptop; phone and tablet. Each day I have to access passwords for websites or when installing software on different computers.
What I like about OnePassword is that it keeps my access information in one place and organized. I can sync all my passwords with multiple devices and unlock with a master password. It also works with face detection in compatible devices.
I can also organize and save the license information for my software for backup purposes and even credit card information.
This is and essential tool when managing multiple sites and when I'm away from my main computer. It is hard to renumber multiple passwords and it's not recommended to always use the same password for every service and site. With OnePassword I only have to remember the master password and get access to my database. It can also be synced with Dropbox making it easy to update my list of passwords.
No more writing usernames and password on a piece of paper and modifying the list every time there is a change of information.

Pros

*Easy to use.
*Computer and Mobile App support.
*Extensions to use with most browsers
*Access saved passwords from anywhere
*Storage software keys and passwords
*Save credit card information for (Autofill)
*Minimal graphic user interface
*Compatible with multiple operative systems and browsers
*Free trial
*Low license fee with options to upgrade at discounted rates
*Master password can be also set as face detection.

Cons

*When a new major update is released you will need to also manually update your extension in your browsers and in some cases the configuration of the database.
*Integration with Dropbox is not always ideal, but it's a good option to keep a backup in the cloud.
*There is currently no two factor authentication
*Constant updates to keep track of (specially major updates)

Michael
  • Industry: Entertainment

Never get locked out

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

I have one good strong password that I've used for years but the sites that require uppercase letters and symbols mess that up. It's a monumental pain in the grass..Im glad I don't have to spend half the day scratching my head and digging through notes anymore.

Pros

1Password is different because it works on pretty much everything. Every device and every type of account. There are free password savers but the ones I've used don't go that far. For example one is limited to passwords filled while using a specific browser. 1Password helps me out with security in general and it has a password generator.

Cons

Paying for it isn't a pro but it is worth it.When I tried to import data from my old password saver I ran into problems and just started from scratch.

Bitwarden

NordPass Business

A life saver and works great now!

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

Pros

1Password is extremely easy to use, all features are extremely intuitive, and it will save you a lot of time.I'd highly recommend that anyone who uses 1Password downloads their browser extension, logging-in to any website will feel a lot easier once you do.This tool is so practical and easy to use, I can't see myself without it anymore.Security wise, it seems to be a step ahead of the competition, so unless you are trying to save some money, I don't see why you wouldn't go with 1Password as your solution for password management.The interface is great, I never had a question about where to find something or how to do something in it, and the apps they provide are too good, they just work.

Cons

I feel like the need to ask you to insert your password from time to time is quite annoying, but at the same time seems to make sense for security purposes.

Paul
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Multi-platform password and identity management.

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Overall it's a great tool, it works well and I used it daily. When I first starting using it there wasn't much competition in the way of password managers but now there are a plethora of them, and several other software suites I have provide their own (ESET smart security, Avast and NordVPN) but I have been lazy and paid the annual subscription cost in preference over moving over 1,000 credentials to a new password manager.

Pros

I've been a very long-time user of 1password. My initial use case was to allow maintaining unique passwords for every website and service I use, while keeping my user details synchronized across multiple browsers and operating systems. For instance, on my laptop I use Windows Edge & Chrome, on my iPhone and iPad I use Safari and Firefox and I have previously used MacOS and ChromeOS which have also used 1password.
The best features are the automatic "recognition" of when you visit a website that you have an account with, your are prompted to automatically complete your username and password. It also recognizes when you visit a new website and create a new account, automatically creating a record for that site. It's data is synchronized across all platforms, so if you register an account on your Windows PC, it will automatically be available when you visit the same website on your mobile phone or tablet.
Passwords can be used between personal users (family) or work users (teams) to securely store and retrieve authentication details.

Cons

Originally, 1password required a 3rd party to synchronize password data across platforms, but they introduced their cloud SaaS offering to address this. They also took this opportunity to move from a perpetual license to an annual subscription model.
In the last few years, 1password has steadily added features but in my opinion have been slow to address some gaps, such as automation of credentials over SSH (a feature that is only now experimental).

Mark

• Customer Support Software

Simply brilliant - impossible to live without.

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

Pros

Since every site really should have it's own password or so we're told by the security experts. Yet I only need ONE single password to make it all work and make it all secure.

Who has the time to make AND remember a secure password for every site?
Most people have enough trouble remembering both their email and their login password let alone having separate passwords for every account..
Enter 1password. A simple easy and effective way to generate strong and secure passwords that you need to log into a website these days.

Hit a new website that requires yet another password? Open 1password, generate a password and voila. It automatically saves the username and password for you.
Coming back another day to log in to said site? Hit two buttons, enter your master password and the rest happens for you. 1password automatically enters the username and password that you've saved previously.

When two of the best in the IT Security fields including Troy Hunt recommend 1password, you know that it is very secure.

Even better is that now 1password connects to haveibeenpwned.com. That way if your password is revealed to the world by way of a breach, you can find out simply, log in and change the password. This is checked against the constantly updated haveibeenpwned.com database (without sending your password).

Can't recommend it highly enough!

Cons

1password v6 was hard to for luddites (and those who have little interest in computers but are forced to use them) to use and understand. Unfortunately I've had to abandon a few 1password deployments due to the users not understanding how to use it. With version 7 this looks to be significantly easier and unlikely to still be an issue.

Life changing security management

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

1Password leads the industry when it comes to password management. Beyond just storing login info, 1Password can secure arbitrary files/documents, text data, credit card info, Wi-Fi passwords, driver's licenses, passports, etc. Items can be organized into various vaults, some of which you can choose to share among members of your family or organization (depending on your plan) to easily keep shared passwords available to multiple users.

1Password integrates with just about every conceivable browser, and the extensions do their best to auto-fill login info automatically. Additionally, 1Password can store 2FA token generators for logins. After logging in, it can automatically paste the current code into the 2FA prompt, so it's about as easy as possible to have increased account security. Of course, whenever it copies data to the pasteboard automatically, it will restore the previous contents of the pasteboard shortly thereafter.

Overall, I couldn't be happier with 1Password. Yes, I had to go through a months long ordeal of transitioning my messy, insecure logins from Safari over to 1Password, which involved visiting every site and changing my passwords to use unique, randomly-generated secure passwords. But once I finally got everything organized, it has been effortless to keep all my logins, credit card, and even all my cryptocurrency info secured. The browser extensions and iOS integration make it effortless to log in about 95% of the time.

Pros

The Apple first-class citizens approach that 1Password employs means it's an incredibly polished and pleasant user experience on any Apple device, even though it's supported on Windows and Android as well. The design language instills confidence in the quality of the product as well, as does their industry-leading stance on security and data protection.

However, the single best feature in my mind is their world class customer support. Seriously, no other product I've ever used has the same level of support that 1Password offers. Whether you email them or tweet at them, you will receive a professional, personalized response extremely quickly, no matter whether you're asking a question or just leaving a compliment. Replies are offered using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, which may seem silly to point out, but when it comes to a product that you're trusting to secure your entire digital life, these factors go a long way to inspire trust that they take their product, business, and customers seriously.

Cons

It's hard to think of cons, honestly. Every con I can think of would usually involve some trivial nit pick which in no way affects the core experience. However, I'll list a few of them anyway.

1Password is a touch too opinionated when it comes to organizing fields, in my opinion. For some item types, 1Password mandates which fields appears, and those fields can't be moved around or deleted outright. If you leave them empty, they won't appear in the standard view, but still, someone OCD like me enjoys being able to exactly move things around. Perhaps more interesting is the fact that there are different restrictions on different platforms. On iOS, you can move some mandatory fields around that you can't on macOS. On Windows, text notes don't render Markdown whereas they do on macOS and iOS. On iOS, there doesn't appear to be a way to link related items, even though you can see already existing linked items if they were added on macOS.

Perhaps the biggest actual usability con for most people might be the desktop experience's information architecture. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out where you are. The navigation side bar might be hiding item categories which you have to reveal, or it may be confusing to know at a glance exactly what vault you are currently viewing. Every once in a while, I'll get a little lost in the navigation, which I suspect might be problematic for less tech savvy users.

Tim
Tim

• Customer Support Software

Researched and used other, 1Password is the best for me.

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

I originally set up 1Password with out a lot of research. It was great except I wanted the ability to share individual records without having to create a separate vault for it. This lead me to doing more research when I started my own company and I settled on Keeper. I found that wile I initially thought Keeper was cheaper by the time I bought all the optional peaces it was the same or more expensive than 1Password and much more difficult to use (partial because of having more options). I did extensive searching and testing at this point and finaly went through the effort to switch back to 1Password. Save yourself the trouble, do your research on the front side, and/or just use 1Password, it's great.

Pros

My initial experience with one password comes from setting it up for a small/med. construction company. While security may be most important in a password app. usability is right next to it. A difficult to use app might as well not be rated for security because it won't be used. I found 1Password to be user friendly even with people who are the most unfriendly toward using a computer.
After useability:
-Shared Vaults (groups of passwords)
-Admin power and simplicity
-Guest access (in some packages) - this is the ability to share a vault with someone (client) for no additional charge and keep them separate from the rest of the organization (say you need access to some of there resources during a project)
-Integration of multiple accounts, I have a personal account (provided with my work account), a work account, and an account from a primary customer. When I sign in to my app I get access to these three authorized accounts with clear but convenient separation. Which comes back to, I use it because it's convinced and secure.

Cons

Read this as, my two feature requests, but if these are critical items for you, then be aware.
-Share single items, in 1Password all sharing is done by vault and over all this is a good thing but I'd like to have persons user credentials in a vault for that person but share just that item to a junior IT person. There are work arounds but that would be nice.
-Securely receive credentials as a one time event from an outside source. A reminder that the guest vault sharing I described above is outstanding it's overkill when you need to get a set of credentials from a client (or other source) and don't need to keep in in sync. I've seen this from a small solution. It sends a one time access url that is a form. After it is opened and closed it doesn't do anything anymore. If info is entered it creates and entry on my side.

These are small things I would like but I still chose 1Password over having those features.
If you must have them; Keeper has ability to share groups and individuals records - powerful but a little difficult
For the requesting feature look to to EliPass, I found this one feature great but the rest of the platform needs work.

RoboForm, Keeper Security, LastPass, and Bitwarden

Reasons for Choosing 1Password

Usability and value (not the cheapest but good price points with great product)