HubSpot Sales Hub

Freemium email productivity & tracking for sales teams

4.5 /5 (274 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.2
4.4
4.3
4.4
Megan J.

Great software!

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

My overall experience with the Hubspot Sales Hub has been awesome.

Pros

The Hubspot sales hub has a lot of great features. The templates, sequences and other sales automations make life so much easier, and job more efficient.

Cons

There is not much to not-like about the sales hub. But, I do wish we were able to see sales rep response time to leads!

Industry: Information Services

The go-to startup CRM

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

The Sales Hub is fantastic for early teams and startups. It is easy to use, even for non-sales people and is highly customizable. Easy import and export, a wird range of possible integrations and numerous further features definitely justify its price. Great value for money, especially if you get startup discount via your accelerator or VC.

Pros

Very helpful bulk import function - lets you edit your columns and properties between file upload and final transition into the system. High degree of customization (properties)

Cons

Things like quick and good customer service, as well as help with getting started, do not come for free.

Frank B.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

HubSpot Sales Hub

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Great product, I highly recommend it. This will help any organization who needs to keep there team on point with contacts, for both existing and new potential clients.

Pros

This a great product for individuals in a sales environment, or if tracking emails are a concern for a one-person shop all the way up to an SMB/SME's organization. This will give you a centralized page to review all emails and follow-up with activities to clients as well as new prospects. This is a product that once you start to use it, it will be part of your toolbox for a long time.

Cons

I'm currently running this solution on a Windows 10 desktop and laptop, the only issue I have run into is when Windows does a major update to the OS. It usually breaks my connection on both Outlook clients, it does require me to go into the Registry to make the necessary changes. Along with the re-install of the Outlook client as well as Chrome extension. This will take 5 minutes in total, to be back up and running.

Dovy F.
Industry: Internet

The Best Free Sales Tool Around

Reviewed on 03/02/2019

Pros

As a free means to track sent emails, nothing even comes close! After being introduced by a friend of mine to Hubspot's Sidekick, I immediately had my entire team install it. Not only does notify you when a sent email has been opened (which if you are in sales you understand the value), but it also allows you to automatically create a new contact in your CRM when a new message is sent to an unrecognized domain.

Cons

I am not sure if it was in between updates or roll outs but 2 years ago everyone on my team including myself had to delete and re-install sidekick. It has since straightened out but while the glitches occurred, we wasted a lot of time with correction process.

Matt G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great way to introduce automation to your sales team

Reviewed on 26/01/2018

Pros

The basic end of the software is relatively easy to use, allowing new users to be up and running in an afternoon. Integrations are quick and easy with other systems from gmail to Salesforce. Once templates and sequences are up and running, sales staff can easily and confidently manage their own marketing. The ability to create offline tasks is a great way to formalise your sales processes, and get either your outbound or inbound sales teams closing more business!

Cons

It would be nice if the sales version allowed you to send on behalf of another user. Whilst you can see stats, set up templates and add contacts, when it comes to the crunch the person signing off the emails has to send them. Also, some of the limitations are far from clear, because upgraded functionality is always visible, if you have a mix of paid and free users this can lead to a lot of confusion.

Louise A.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A good sales tool for smaller teams

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Pros

I think Hubspot is really killing it with integrated marketing and sales tools. I used to work for a smaller agency where we used their suite, and it worked perfectly for us. The sales tool is great, because you can send automated emails straight from within the tool. Sidekick is also really great for tracking how customers are interacting with your emails. Everything is geared towards personal communication, which I loved.

Cons

When I moved to a bigger company, I realized that a tool like Hubspot Sales probably wasn't going to work for such a global organization. We needed something a little bit more powerful to connect everything together.

Sunaina K.
Industry: Human Resources

An excellent platform for tracking sales albeit a bit pricy

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

For our application, we liked Hubspot a lot. It made financial sense to us to pay for the product. Most of our sales were big ticket institutional sales and we needed to carefully manage leads which HUbspot allowed us to accomplish.

Pros

- Excellent customer support
- Excellent training/wiki support
- Userfriendly interface
- Intuitive menu and other flows - easily got the hang of it.
- Excellent certification program and tests - got certified in about two months of daily use.

Cons

- It is a bit on the expensive side for a small business. We were in the B2B side of business, so we did not have a large list of prospects. For B2C businesses, the pricing can be tricky.

Kayode O.
Industry: Education Management

HubSpot Sales

Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

My experience with HubSpot Sales has been exciting. It is a great tool to document activities with clients/company

Pros

It has made my reporting well ok. Documenting my daily task for my team to track work done so far on leads. It also serve as reminder on what to do. This product is Fantastic!

Cons

It is not easy to grab once though, also the mobile version (app) does not really function as if you are using web version

Rick B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great CRM, especially if you need one that will grow with you

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

I'm tracking our relatively short but somewhat complex sales stages with ease.

Pros

The ability to integrate or eliminate modules depending on your needs.

Cons

I would like for it to integrate with Quickbooks, so information could be passed more seamlessly

Crystal V.
Industry: Construction

Finally a CRM we are happy with

Reviewed on 14/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love the ease of switching between records and the integration with Gmail. I can do most things right from the Gmail site.

Cons

The app for mobile use could use a much needed over-haul. If they fixed the few issues with the App, we would give it 5 stars

Cory R.

Best Sales Platform, Period

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

I've been helping our sales team implement this platform into their normal, day-to-day activities and it's become an essential part of our business.

Pros

I love this platform's ability to monitor sales activity, set sales goals, and interact with others on your team.

Cons

The learning curve is steep. It's a complex system that takes some time to get use to. The onboarding process is crucial.

Robert B.

The long but worthwhile journey

Reviewed on 12/01/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's integrated to always keep inbound marketing at the core. We have adopted and subscribed to the inbound methodology, and it makes it incredibly easy to have a completely integrated marketing platform at the middle of our inbound marketing activities. In one sentence: HubSpot's dedication to inbound is what I like most.

Cons

I have zero complaints with the vendor. I think the product is evolving, so there are going to be quirks and then advancements. Currently I am very pleased with branching workflows, which we had made suggestions for previously. I also think the social monitoring and posting could get better. It would be great if there was a big control station, like the one in Hootsuite. I would love to see a social integration that could hold its own in a social media war room - real time trends, multiple social platform integrations - with posting and stat tracking. It would be something where you could get the pulse of all of social media in one place.

Connor j. W.
Industry: Internet

Easy to use, useful, but higher tier plans (which are needed) get overly expensive

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Works for us, but there's a lot that can be improved, and pricing is high.

Pros

- customizable
- plugs in easily to email client
- good number of integrations to enrich the experience

Cons

- no true inbox, unless you're using their service hub product, which we don't because we have intercom
- terrible integration with intercom, sad because we use both.

Jackie H.
Industry: Management Consulting

HubSpot provides everything except my morning coffee

Reviewed on 24/11/2014
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like best about HubSpot is the superior technical support. In 98% of the cases, the assistance is spot on. Someone is available at virtually any time and, even better, I am not treated like an idiot regardless of how basic my question is. It's hard to believe, but that does happen with some tech companies. Tied in with that is the fact that HubSpot actually listens to my suggestions for improvements and, in some cases, has reached out to me for my opinion on proposed changes. Both make me feel valued. Also, it's a great product. I love the way HubSpot has everything in one place. I can blog, send emails, update my website, figure out keywords, create landing page, look at how my competitors are doing and much more.

Cons

What I like least is the inability to post to Facebook groups or pages other than my fan and personal pages. I would also love to be able to add images to my LinkedIn posts from the social media scheduler tool.

Corey C.
Company size: Self Employed

HubSpot Sales is great, especially for what you get from just the free version.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It has all the features you need for scaling a large call center. There are many customizable options of how you want any and everything set up and it's much easier to use than many of it's competitiors.

Cons

It's a bit clunky and takes some getting used to (like any other sales CRM). Sometimes records don't update everywhere in the CRM immiediately and the lag can be a bit annoying.

Ulf J.
Industry: Computer Software

What a nice email reading spy

Reviewed on 23/04/2016

At first, I set to track each email that I sent out. That was not a clever idea because then I got notified almost all the time. Now I only mark the emails that would make sence for me to call as someone is reading my email.

Amazing free tool, so easy to use.

Pros

I get instant notification when someone is opening my email - that is a good time to call. Sometimes it could be months later that this happens, giving me the signal that now your topic is hot.
Also information about the opposite could be benefitual, i.e. that the recipient is not reading your email (however this could also be technical, by not allowing pictures)

Cons

When sending out email to multiple recipients, Sidekick does not separate the recipients so you can only guess who's reading by location info.

Giriraj V.

Easy to use Sales tool for SME's

Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Hubspot Sales is very easy to get started and use. It is ideal for a small team that is starting out and the adoption is easier due to ease of use.

Cons

The modules keep adding up as you scale up and eventually it gets pricey. The ROI then might be difficult to justify for small teams.

Sachin C.
Industry: Computer Software

A great challenge to Salesforce as can be seen!!!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The most important feature that our startup is looking for is, how is the sales emails been targeted and reporting functionality that gives a huge leverage for the sales. We use it on almost daily basis now and looks like it's here to stay.

Cons

Also for a startup like us it's a little expensive plus the customer service are not always there on the other end. Maybe our assumption could be wrong. Free software edition should also include automation tools which can help cater to clients in business to clients hierarchy.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Easier Sales Process

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Our overall experience is never going to be regretted. We're enjoying HubSpot

Pros

Well defined structure for better sales. Various emails strategies to get more sales included on HubSpot.

Cons

I have used it for several months already without any major setbacks.

Gina T.
Industry: Philanthropy

One of the best on the market

Reviewed on 06/10/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The standout features of this software are definitely the marketing automation which drives sales and the click tracking which helps reporting.

Cons

Depending on the scale of your company and customer base/the features you need the product can get a little pricey.

Daniel B.

Lots of Free Features, But Best are On Paid Plans

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

Pros

- Multiple pricing tiers, including free
- Great for experienced and new salespeople, as well as marketers
- Easy to set up meetings and chatbots
- Great customer support
- Several currency options
- Great record-tracking for contacts
- Email integration

Cons

- Can be costly on higher plans
- No chatbot and other cool features on free plan
- No central place for meetings/messages (yet)
- Can be overwhelming at first, but easy once you get use to it

Glenn B.

Watch out Salesforce!

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Pros

This is the way of the future for Sales and Marketing, from product features, to customer service, these guys are a class act. Don't know what I would do without them!

Jordan P.
Industry: Medical Practice

Awesome Addition To Any E-Commerce Business!

Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

HubSpot has been an awesome addition to my e-commerce business. It's been so much easier since adding HubSpot on to increase our analytics tracking to improve lifetime partnerships with our clients.

Cons

The initial adjustment period of getting used to the platform was a bit confusing but the customer support was excellent and helped us make the shift.

Greg B.
Industry: Medical Practice
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Used as a plugin with Salesforce to get leads

Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product works seamlessly with the business to provide data directly into our main CRM system, it's simple to configure and so long as no one changes the config without telling anyone it is always working and providing data

Cons

Within the implementation of HubSpot that we use, the scope of leads is quite small, only addressing data from the USA. Not so much a con of the system. But it would be good if the higher management would allow more countries to take advantage of the solution.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Kendal P.
Industry: Management Consulting

If you can afford all of the options it's a great solution

Reviewed on 27/12/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like hubspot for most of my CRM, sales and marketing solutions. It's a great option for medium to large businesses due to price

Cons

The add ons are expensive for a small business. There are plenty of free options available in several different solutions that can get you close to the hubspot one stop shop