Bill.com

Bill.com makes business payments simple, fast, and secure

4.1 /5 (355 reviews) Write a Review!

Emily P.

Great new updates

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

I use bill.com multiple times a week to pay my clients bills. It’s easy to use and convenient to have everything in one place.

Pros

Bull.com has always been good but the newest version is extremely user friendly and saves a lot of time. I love how the software can detect the information right from the bill pdf so I don’t need ti type it in. It saves so much time.

Cons

I do not have any issues with bill.com. I have had a great user experience thus far and haven’t run into any issues.

• Industry: Public Policy

Exceeds expectations

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Pros

EASY set up and integration with QuickBooks online. Very intuitive UI. HUGE time-saver. It used to take a full day to do a weekly check run. I can now accomplish it in an hour and a half, MAX. Probably faster if we used more of the features. Has the ability to pay vendors via ACH and is less than half the cost per transaction than a paper check.

Cons

The add on to automatically enter invoices, while a very big value and totally worth the extra expense, doesn't take into consideration the vendors terms set up in Bill.com. So if you have an invoice from a vendor that says due upon receipt, but the vendor profile in bill.com is Net 30, Bill.com defaults to due on receipt. An override setting would be helpful. Getting vendors set up on ACH/EFT is a little tough for tech challenged folks.

Hailley F.

• Customer Support Software

Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Easier day at the office.

Pros

I like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.

Cons

It can be a little unclear exactly what the rules are regarding canceling transactions, especially when it comes to bills being sent in the mail vs. e-bills. A small reminder at the time of payment when an option is clicked would make a HUGE difference.

Cheryl W.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent A/P solution for small to medium-sized businesses

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Efficiency, ease of use and remote capabilities related to AP functions

Pros

Incredibly easy to use; I like that it easily syncs to QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software

Cons

I don't have any complaints about the software. I use it for quite a few accounting clients and have always found that if I run into a snag, the customer support chat team at Bill.com is able to assist me. Admittedly, the issues I've had have all been user errors, rather than shortcomings related to the software.

Mark D.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Poor Business Practices.

Reviewed on 05/04/2020

I needed a company that could provide me with basic ACH recurring payments for my client's fees. My company, Revolution Debt Relief LLC, is a consultant based firm in the debt relief industry, providing education and assistance for consumer debt. We are not a debt settlement company, debt consolidation, or perform credit restoration, therefore, not in any way under the regulatory standards held within the debt industry. Bill.com seemed to meet my needs, and I was willing to pay a premium for their subscription ACH program to provide my clients with a more efficient service. However, after going through the sign-up process and giving personal information as well as my client's information for ACH processing, I spent a few hours getting familiar with the software. The next day, I received an email that my account was canceled, and that bill.com could no longer provide my company services. If I had known that Bill.com would arbitrarily pick and choose who they will do business with, I would never have given them my personal information or my clients. The fact that they conduct themselves in a way that solicits their services to the public takes your information and then cancels your account shows in my experience a very inept, fraudulent, and unethical way of conducting business. The operations manager noted it was due to the rules of their bank that perform the processing. If this is the case, I would look for a processor who knows how to do business.

Pros

Marketed as a product that could perform ACH functions with recurring payments for your business. Simple and straight forward functionality.

Cons

The software was a little cumbersome with a slight learning curb but overall will work for accounts payable and receivable basic functions.

• Customer Support Software

Great product with a few flaws

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Love that they handle the payments for us!

Pros

It is easy to use for AP bill processing. I enjoy the fact that each client can have users login and code bills on their own, no pre-coding is required other than the vendor and amount. I like that you can search for all bills by vendor and see copies of checks. The audit trail is a great feature. Auditors do love it.

Cons

Although I love it and will use it still, I do struggle with a few things: 1) It takes all AP monies at one time instead of issuing checks that will clear the bank slowly, 2) It doesn't handle multi-entity perfectly 3) It is costly 4) the 1099 process is a bit more cumbersome than desired, 5) It requires manually adding approvers each time unless you setup rules based on amounts...no other rules options right now.

Josue H.

• Customer Support Software

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

bill.com is one of the fastest and efficiante way to import data to quickbooks and we used it every day.

Pros

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use and it works really well with Quickbooks that I can import data with no issues and this happens every day and I am glad that this software helps me to do my job a lot more easy.

Cons

No issues with bill.com its one of the best software I have used to work with Quickbooks to import my data

Margaret W.

• Customer Support Software

upgrade from schedule fly, integrative

Reviewed on 25/06/2018

Pros

I like that we can integrate our sales from our POS, Aloha, to our HotSchedules account to forecast sales and help control our labor costs.

Cons

I wish that the request off features were a little less confusing for our employees, and that we could view the total number of people scheduled on a certain shift at the bottom like with older versions of Hot Schedules.

Amy M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

I've used Bill.com with our business and personally for several years and have not had any problems at all.

Pros

Bill.com is very easy to use and the app on my phone makes it even easier. I use Bill.com personally and with our business.

Cons

We had to cut down on our users in the app because of the cost. I wish there were options for multiple users that wasn't expensive.

Adam B.

• Customer Support Software

Stay away from vantage card services

Reviewed on 04/08/2018

Pros

I’ve never had an issue with billl.com, I’d give a 10/10. The problem is that they only allow you to process credit cards through vantage card services who are a total mess and their managed team gave me inaccurate information several times.

Cons

Bill.com need to add other credit card processors besides vantage. They need to audit vantage card services complaints from bill.com customers because they’re going to lose a tonne of business.

Vantage card services are a tiny company processing millions of dollars of credit cards, but the joke is that they only have two layers of their org.

1.) customer service is the first people you speak to and they literally can’t resolve any issues, so you need to speak to a manager and they only have 1 manager called.
2.) they made several mistakes and I asked to speak to someone above it’s our ceo and he isn’t available. They do not car about their customers and they do not own up about making mistakes

Bill.com you need to vet out vantage and listen to your loyal customers

Diane F.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Bill payment time saver

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Great experience and easy to use and train

Pros

The thing that I liked most is the method of processing invoices and payments was sped up dramatically. This became a huge time saver and more efficient. Easy to transfer information to our general ledger.

Cons

Nothing at this time. All functions are logical

• Customer Support Software

Bill.com is the best out there

Reviewed on 09/08/2018

This software is a key piece of software in my business, which allows me to pay bills from anywhere not just in my office. Plus I never have to write a check.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use and their support is excellent to work with.

Cons

The software is slow to respond when moving through multiple pages.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

We love using Bill.com

Reviewed on 15/03/2018

Saves a lot of time when getting the approvals needs for A/P.

Pros

This product is very user-friendly and I love that its so easy to view documents. We process all A/P in bill.com and I wish we could run our expense management (corporate credit cards) through this system.

Edward Z.

Good solution for AP

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

Relatively easy to use. Document inbox works well for reviewing AP items. easy to approve and pay people. Easy to pay people via ACH or check

Cons

Sync with xero takes a really really really long time, but this might be xero's fault not really sure.

• Customer Support Software

Love this invoicing system for my freelance career

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Pros

I have many freelance and contracting clients who I have to keep up with. This is a great system for invoicing and keeping track of who owes me what. Helps to ensure I get paid on time.

Cons

There are many companies who don't use the software to pay freelancers or contract workers. This can delay payment processing if they insist on sending a check vs. paying through the Bill.com system.

Rosemary G.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

GREAT PROGRAM

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

I REALLY ENJOYED USING THIS PARTICULAR PROGRAM! IT WAS OF GREAT USE TO ME AT MY COMPANY AND I WAS ABLE SEE GREAT RESULTS.

Cons

I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING BADLY TO SAY ABOUT THE PROGRAM. NOT SURE IF ANY UPDATES WERE DONE SINCE I HAVE LAST USE IT.

Jan H.

Bill.com is a tool MUST have tool for Accountants

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

I have used bill.com for over 7 years.

In that time I have watched the progress of of the accounting software grow. Bill.com offers a quality tool that has all the workflows in place.
Multiple software applications mimic this software. They can be utilized.
But only Bill.com puts together the complete package. The start of receiving the bills, to the approval process, to the payment process. It saves time keeping all of the information into one location.
Bill.com offers a receivable process as well. The system allows for security on payments, recurring invoices, and a customer portal.
All of this in one solution is a winning combination.

Pros

The Pros are:
-electronic bill payment
-electronic approval system
-unlimited document storage
-recurring AR invoices
-electronic AR payments
-Customer (AR) portal
-Security encryption
-Great customer service

Cons

-Work flow on the AR is a bit choppy
-Customers must have an account to open invoices

Anthony R.

Bill.Com Is Perfect!

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Amazing Product! killing it Bill.Com!

Pros

Bill.com is everything that our company needed to help us on the accounting side of things, it has brought simplicity and efficiency where we were lacking.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Bill.Com, what I originally thought was a flaw in the software actually turned out to be an un-realated computer issue.

Krystle E.

Great payable software

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Great accounts payable tool

Pros

Good syncing to accounting softwares (little to no breaks in syncing). Bill.com support is exceptional in assisting in any needs/concerns, etc. I don't use this for accounts receivable but I do for accounts payable and it's great for that. Epayments are wonderful but even if the vendor doesn't sign up for ePayments, Bill.com still cuts/sends a check :)

Cons

I don't care for the updated design. It's complicated and hard to use. The previous design was much more simple and easier to use.

Debbie W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Excellent!

Pros

Very easy to learn to use. Customer support is great and responds quickly to a chat area.

Cons

Can't think of any part that I don't like.

Dave A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Awesome App

Reviewed on 05/10/2015

We have been using bill.com since 2011. The workflow for approvals is great. We use it for bill approval and payment. Many of our vendors are on electronic payment since we have been using bill.com Our managers are usually travelling so the app is an excellent way to keep up with bill approvals. This is probably one of the best apps for business - much more cost effective than writing checks. And, there's no more paper to move around for approvals. Take it for a trial run and see how easy it is.

Pros

-Easy workflow that you can customize
-syncs with accounting software
-app is friendly, easy to use
-support - although rarely used - is excellent
-allows you to approve and/or pay bills from about anywhere

Cons

Not really any. It has been approved right along and I have no complaints.

Michael C.

• Customer Support Software

Bill.com saved us from paper checks!

Reviewed on 15/04/2018

Pros

My primary client used paper checks to pay contractors until recently switching to Bill.com. Now vendors and contractors receive payment from the company via direct deposit. This has saved a lot of hassle and postage for the paying company, and the worry of postal delays or lost checks for those of us receiving the payments.

Cons

The integration with QuickBooks on the free tier is not full baked, and I think to get the software to perform the syncing I'm looking for, I'd have to upgrade to a paid tier. Other than that, I think it does take several days for payments to process and actually deposit into the recipient's bank account, so the payer has to time their payment processing accordingly and leave plenty of lead time.

Jed P.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent standalone website that automates accounts receivable and payable

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Pros

Bill.com automates both accounts payable and receivable with a simple, clear interface. I particularly appreciate that there are multiple approval levels and auto bill entry.

Cons

Auto bill entry is a bit pricey. The help could be improved by making it more instructional and context-sensitive. Reports are not very customizable, you can't link to the underlying data..

Christine M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Finally a way to simplify bill processing!

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Bill.com has cut down the time for bill processing and our vendors get paid faster with epayments. Also, the approver can approve the bills remotely, even on a mobile device.

Pros

I love the streamlining of bill processing and creating recurring bills so we can see what is scheduled. Epayments have cut down on our paperwork.

Cons

Would like the ability for the vendor to see more than one page. Sometimes invoices are multiple pages and we have to send it to them via email.

Dmitry B.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Stay Away it's a total SCAM!

Reviewed on 04/10/2018

Pros

We used their service to pay our company office rent for a few months. Nothing really special... Simple ACH, I would have used just a bank ACH if it was my choise.

Cons

Support and the way they treat their customers.
First of all, it's super hard to contact their support I submitted 3 tickets and it took 3 days to finally get someone to respond to me....

We are leasing the office space from the company that was using Bill.com to accept payments for their bills, therefore we were forced to use bill.com to pay our monthly office rent. Everything was ok... Then the company we paid for the rent switched to using Xero since it doesn't really make sent to pay ridiculous amounts for bill.com.
Anyway.. for us, it was even better because now we didn't need to pay bill.com subscription fees to just pay for the rent (simple ACH). So we went ahead and canceled our subscription with bill.com in August.
A few months later (in October) I noticed that they were still charging our credit card and as I mentioned above it took 3 days to get someone to finally respond to our support tickets.
What I asked for was simply refund the last 3 charges (Oct, Sept, Aug) and close our account simply because their system failed to cancel it in the first attempt. Simple right? Nope, not with Bill.com

They had someone to call me and tried to explain that they didn't see my first request to cancel and if I didn't use their service since August it was my problem and that evidence that I didn't even log in to their service for 3 months is not enough for them to refund.

So my advice to you, if you ever thought to use bill.com for your business, please stay away!