Bill.com

Bill.com makes business payments simple, fast, and secure

3.9/5

371 Software options

Jennifer P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

No mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!

Pros

I started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)

Cons

No cons! Great product! Keeps us organized and allows timely and effective bill payments to our vendors.

Cynthia H.

Eases the Accounting Pain

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

To date, once we got through the initial training and a month of making some mistakes, it's going smoothly and we're looking forward to using more of the features. We just had to get solid on the primary functions first.

Pros

I love the invoicing and bill paying features of bill.com. It has multiple check and balance functions to the program to ensure invoices are being entered correctly, plus the approval process is great. There are many functions you can employ and design, specific to your company. Once you get the hang of the program, it's pretty straightforward. Nice having everything in one place rather than scattered between many different programs.

Cons

You must have a solid backend Accounting team to enter in the details of a new vendor. We are an association with an offsite Accounting Team, and they set up the internal systems when we onboarded with bill.com. We are the backend users. You can't enter an invoice unless your backend staff have the info already locked in. But while it's a minor annoyance, it's not really a huge deal.

Kelsie K.

Bill.com for Account Payable

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

This is a big help for Account Payable. You can track and manager all pay out in an one place. You can see approval, requestor, total amount, history, etc. Also, you can deny the pay out without exchanging tons of email to the requestor.

Pros

1. Can store all your independent contractors' information including the contract and W9. There is an attached file option.

2. Can approve via mobile

3. Can track a vendor's history, payout, approval

4. Can add as many approval as you want

5. So easy to use. Drag the paperwork and upload

6. Email notification of status, from approval to pay out

7. Can add multiple entities for one user. For example, I manage two organizations and with one log in, I can access both

8. Communicates with other accounting software

Cons

The preview window can be improved. There is a preview and another pop up to write an expense. Somehow it is confusing sometimes.

Louis C.

• Customer Support Software

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts...

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com.
Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.

Pros

We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online.
Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs.
Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Cons

The cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models.
As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.

• Customer Support Software

Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Great software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.

Pros

Bill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).

Cons

Syncing issues with NetSuite do occur from time to time but their customer support is very helpful in rectifying them. They recently updated their user interface and although it is more visually appealing than before, it doesn't function any better.

Therese J.

Bill.com makes the ease of Accounts Payable online

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

I have several vendors that use Bill.com as well as I have used online bill paying service for the past 10 years. I enjoy being able to travel, be on the road and have access to my bills. Bill payment process is very easy and customer support very easy

Pros

All bills for the year in one place. I use the app a lot.
I am able to approve bills for my business from anywhere.

Cons

Being able to put some bills to not be viewed until they are needed to be paid versus popping up each month on the top of the bills.

Chad S.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Terrible Customer Service Team

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

My experience has me looking at the competitors as they seem to be struggling to keep this company together.

Pros

We were up and running quickly! No more printing checks in house.

Cons

Customer service is terrible. If you have problems you will need to wait at least a day or two after making an online appointment. Then you only get 20 minutes with the representative whom will offer a quick solution and not follow through with the rest of the workflow. This will leave you setting another online appointment, wait a couple of days and the process keeps repeating. Very frustrating! No one is on the same page! Three different answers from 3 different reps and still having workflow issues!

AvidXchange

Reasons for Switching to Bill.com

Bill.com was quick with setup/onboarding.

Response from Bill.com

Hi Chad! We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with our Customer Support. We'd love to hear your feedback if possible. The fastest way to get your questions answered is through our Help Center. After you log in to the Bill.com account, click Support in the left navigation pane. In the Help Center, you can search for answers and click Contact Us to chat with us securely. From there, please request to chat with a member of Customer Support Leadership. We look forward to hearing from you!

Denise W.

Bill.com Accounts Payable Review

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Bill.com has increased our productivity and accuracy, with very few issues.

Pros

The concept of having a digital copy of each bill/invoice/statement that you can open up at any time. This is exceptionally helpful during closing, if you need to verify something.

Cons

The fact that credits have to be posted in both bill.com and in your accounting software. It makes it double work when something needs to be credited off from a prior period.

Aaron O.

Efficiency for the win!

Reviewed on 11/07/2014

Our company manages the accounting for more than 20 entities on the Bill.com platform and it has helped us achieve a great reputation and a successful business model.

There are three areas of particular success:
Efficiency - We reduced our payable cycle from 3 days to 2 days. Particularly, we cut out the need to print checks, sign checks, stuff envelopes, and mail checks. At over 300 checks on average semi-monthly, the time savings is easily worth the marginal cost.

Internal Controls - The Bill.com system has built in controls which we customized to meet each entity's needs. In some case's the entity's manager wants final approval on all invoices; in other cases the manager doesn't want to know about payables except on a monthly financial report. We're able to setup online approvals appropriately. The audit trail function is also helpful in identifying every user who touched the invoice from upload to payment.

Paperless - It took me a while to wrap my head around truly paperless accounting, but it's true - we no longer have a file cabinet! Our files are now all store in the cloud on Bill.com. If the auditor needs to see the invoice, approval, and payment confirmation, we can provide it all electronically. At the end of the year, we can export all of the supporting documentation to a CD and deliver to our client for their permanent records. This means instead of sending 5 bankers boxed of invoices and other supporting documents, we now deliver 1 cd.

Pros

Efficient
Good internal controls
Paperless

Cons

I haven't taken full advantage of the A/R or cash reporting modules.

Tracy V.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

• Customer Support Software

Streamlines AP to a paperless process

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Time savings
Accountability - able to designate approvers for invoices

Pros

Paperless - don't have to print or mail payments or file invoices
Can quickly access PDF's of any invoice and all the accounting details

Cons

Syncing to QuickBooks Online has been a little tricky. There's definitely a learning curve to understand the limitations of the sync function and learn how to work around it.

• Customer Support Software

One of my favorite software to use

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Great software - easily sync with quickbooks and easy to connect to other vendors.

Pros

Customer support is great! They are quick and polite and are able to address my issue and questions. I especially like the follow up emails - they allow me to track the progress of the case submitted and I can continue talking with the same representative on the phone/chat

Cons

I think the automatic bill processing takes a bit longer than necessary. It would also be helpful if the automatic process could identify credit memos.

• Customer Support Software

A must for your company!

Reviewed on 17/06/2015

I often talk to companies about bill.com because of the simplicity of the system. Bill.com allows us to keep a paperless system and the integration with Intacct works wonderfully. This feature has recently been updated.

Pros

System is easy to use and the department is able to see all invoices and info right in the system as it is paperless.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. So far the system is wonderful and they seem to be working on improving it more and more. We used to find that they sync errors were a problem but with some additional knowledge we are able to resolve them quite easily.

Response from Bill.com

Thanks for the great review. If there's any problems with the Sync, please contact support. We've recently upgraded to Intacct Sync 2.0 and are always trying to improve it. For example, this month, we've added the ability to mark offline payments not to sync with Intacct. Intacct Sync 2.0 will handle all three dimensions on invoices - locations, classes, projects/jobs on invoices.

• Used for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

A good program with some usability issues.

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Like I said, it definitely made getting paid easier because my invoices were going directly into my client's billing system. Once I started using this with my client, there was no delay in payment at all.

Pros

One of my clients uses it and asked me to use it to invoice them. Once it was set up properly, I found it fairly easy to use, and it did speed up my payment turnaround quite a bit.

Cons

It didn't have tiers of functionality - this was obviously developed with a power user in mind. For my type of work, it felt like overkill. A simpler invoicing template would have been helpful, rather than my having to create a more complex invoice than I needed. It's also not always intuitive - some key invoicing functions are sometimes hidden within another function. However, it wasn't anything I couldn't sort out with some digging.

Bill.com Review

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Overall, my experience with Bill.com has been great. It is a very easy user interface and makes paying bills easy.

Pros

Bill.com makes it really easy to make payments to our vendors. We can easily make payment via check or e-payment. Being that we use Xero, Bill.com easily syncs down into Xero.

Cons

The one con would be that you can't do foreign currency payments via Bill.com. They only support USD transactions.

Laura C.
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

From a user perspective it was very easy to use. Email your vendor invoice to the platform, log in to code and approve it. Or assign it to a different approver.

Pros

As a user, it was really easy to get invoices into Bill.com (just email them to the platform), and then easy to code and approve expenses. I would get an email whenever I had something new to approve. I was able to search vendors for old invoices when I was researching costs for a closed project.

Cons

Nothing, from my perspective it worked just fine and I did not have any issues with it at all. Quick and easy.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Get Reimbursed Fast

Reviewed on 30/03/2018

Expense statement tracking and quick direct deposit reimbursement.

Pros

I like the emailed statements about my expenses reimbursed for that account deposit. Money goes directly into my account and I do not have to wait for my semi-monthly paycheck. I get reimbursed much more quickly and frequently. Setting up my direct deposit was simple.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike with this product. I have only used it for 4 months as of this review, but so far it has been great.

Business Practices and Customer Service make product AWFUL

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

The WORST! Bill.com has done nothing but lie to me about their international payments. They lied about comparable exchange rates. They processed an international payment, showed it as "cleared" and then held it for several weeks forcing me to provide additional information on the payment. The vendor never received it and I have still not received the funds back over 2 weeks later. Be careful using their systems as they can hold your funds and really mess up your cash flow.

Pros

The product is good. It's what accountants need...that's it.

Cons

Having to deal with Bill.com customer service in any aspect.

Fred M.

Poor communication & Horrible customer service

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

We have three accounts. The customer service of Bill.com leaves a lot to be desired. Poor communication by their compliance team leaves the customer services team spinning their wheels and wasting our valuable time. You cannot reach someone with decision authority if things go amok...which they have for us when they deleted one of our active accounts. We are evaluating other options as Bill.com has been non-responsive to our requests for dialogue. For the price we are paying for our combined accounts every month, it would be nice for someone at Bill.com to care.

Pros

The automated invoice upload, approval flow and automatic notifications of payments.

Cons

Poorly constructed releases of software/platform updates. Lack of customization for multinational businesses. Lack of flexibility for some features.

Madhukeshwari S.

• Customer Support Software

The best bill collection tool for business

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Pros

It will be implemented some accounting software like quickbooks, xero, oracle netsuite etc, one click installation packages available

Cons

Good response time time form the CCC, you can make payments and connect bank accounts for reconciliation

Daniel L.

• Customer Support Software

Good idea, but poor support and answers from company

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Great concept but if you don't have the customer support in place this whole process is useless. Other companies out there supply the same support and my advice would be to seek out those companies as for the price and service you get, it's well below where it should be.

Pros

Set up isn't very difficult and linking to QBO is easy, ability to set different approval levels is a great feature for segregation of duties

Cons

Awful customer support. Can't talk to anyone on the phone, just thru chat. They send a client of mine an email saying the following: "We are writing to inform you that Bill.com is no longer able to offer services to xxxx based on a review of the account and activity. Your account has been deactivated and canceled. You will not be charged for any subscription fees for the current period. " Tried to follow up to get answers, no response, chat people just say they can't help. No explanations given. Also two weeks prior to this they had issues with sending out approved payments so we had vendors calling asking where payments were, awful experience with this group

Cindy S.

• Customer Support Software

Bill.com Makes the AP Function Fun!

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

Bill.com is a huge time saver and makes the AP process more efficient. It allows you to send checks to vendors without ever having to print out and mail a paper check ever again. You can also use it as an electronic filing cabinet to keep records of all the bills you have paid. I also love the audit trail to track who enter, approved and paid. You can use the money you use to spend on paper checks and stamps to offset some of the cost of bill.com.

Pros

Makes process more efficient

Cons

Sync errors sometimes get irritated

Nick L.

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Save a lot of time

Pros

Easy and simple to use and merges well into QuickBooks. Saves a lot of time. Easy to upload invoices and create new vendors. Tracks all 1099 issues. Great way to track all your bills and easy to go back and check all payments in vendors (no filling systems that are difficult to manage and prone to human error). The Mobile App is great - I can pay a bill while sitting in the car or airport etc.

Cons

You have to get used to refreshing the site when you approve a bill (it may look like it isn't approved when you go to your dashboard - it takes a bit so refresh the site and that usually takes care of that)

Tony R.

• Customer Support Software

Clunky, not user friendly - free account is unusable

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Stay away! There's too many great competitors out there to tolerate using bill.com. I've used about half a dozen invoicing tools and this is the most disappointing of the bunch.

Pros

Not much. The bill.com software was enticing as it can connect vendors and customers but the interface is lacking, the free features don't let you even add an email address to send your invoice too! Instead of indicating that and saying "this is a premium feature" they leave you to wonder why you can't insert an email address into the "to" field. I couldn't fathom that any company in 2020 would actually not let me send an invoice I created -- even on a free account. There's too much good software out there to use bill.com

Cons

The support is terrible. Answers are basically "ya, you can't do that". They are actually trying to upsell me when I'm contacting them about deleting my account (which you can't do on your own).

Christy S.

Great Product, Could Improve Design

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Overall a really solid product, with just a few defects that could be improved.

Pros

Bill.com is great for being able to set up different roles and multiple approvers. Bills are easy to add through the inbox, and integrates really well with QBO overall! They also are continually improving on international payments!

Cons

The design seems so old and clunky. The user-interface could really use a reboot. Additionally, better reporting for an overall picture would be very helpful!

Gary E.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Collaborative paperless platform--save time and avoid those manual headaches

Reviewed on 30/09/2014

Bill.com is an ideal paperless platform for bill payment and cash management monitoring for many small businesses. Our firm's client users have seen the benefits of saying goodbye to their former process of paper shuffling, searching for invoice approvals, lost or duplicate-paid invoices, and the tedious task of processing, check signing, stuffing and mailing paper bills and checks. This system empowers the users with collaboration, accessibility, ease of use and efficiency. Our firm's been using it for over 3 years.

Pros

Collaborative platform for users--from the clerk to the owner.
Administrator can custom-tailor users' access rights.
Approval chains available if needed.
Auto sync with accounting system (we use both hosted and online).
User-friendly interface.

Cons

Sync with accounting program usually seamless and trouble-free---but when it does rarely happen, the diagnostic messages are sometimes vague on how to correct it.
Wish voiding checks was not so tedious.