Bill.com

Bill.com makes business payments simple, fast, and secure

4.1 /5 (343 reviews) Write a Review!
4.1
3.9
3.8

The AP solutions

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

I'm using this for last 4 years and this is the best solution

Pros

I have many AP platforms for Account Payable processing so far this is the best solution.
My favorite features are;
1. International Payments
2. Artificial intelligence
3. Approval process
4. Syncing to QBO and NS
5. Customer support

Cons

I don't like that you can't book an bill in liability account. It should give us option to book into any account.

New April 2019 Interface HORRIBLE!

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

My company and I have used Bill.com for several years and it was so easy to use and made our vendor payments a breeze, but now it’s just absolutely awful. My entire finance staff hates the new interface. Nothing is streamlined at all and the way it’s set up now goes against common sense because the flow is just terrible. The bills and the payments section are broken out into 2 different tabs which is so inefficient because you can no longer take a quick glance as to which bill matches what payment without making several clicks to get this info. Also, I can’t see if a vendor check or ePayment has cleared at a glance in the payment tab since I have to click open the actual payment for this info now. There’s so much wasted space where the vendor details used to be when you open a vendor profile. There are just 3 unhelpful lines of vendor info and 90% empty white space which takes up half my viewing screen. When I edit the vendor details, the country of residence is at a section on top instead of being grouped with the address section. When I try to set a vendor up for ePayment, I no longer have the option of finding them by their name+email, now it’s only by their Vendor display name. We work with a lot of vendors where the ‘pay to’ is an agency so we aren’t able to easily connect a vendor for ePayment. I’m going to have my company move to something else since ruined user experience. I don’t know who the developed this new interface, but it certainly wasn’t an accountant.

Pros

I used to think Bill.com was amazing and would have given it a 5 out of 5 just a month ago. However, with the new interface update that rolled out in April 2019 I’m downgrading my rating to 1 out of 5. See my review below.

Cons

The new interface is awful and not efficient AT ALL. See my review below.

Scotty H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Bill.com makes expense reimbursement easy

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Internally, we use bill.com for expense report reconciliation. It is a great process and I especially like the way in which Bill.com provides status and tracking notifications as the process is underway. I never feel like I am in the dark about where my funds are.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is the ease of use both from an internal perspective as well as an external perspective.

Cons

The User Experience (UX) of Bill.com is not a seamless one. The experience can be a bit clunky in terms of clicking to where you need to go, and having to use several different screens instead of an all-encompassing dashboard.

Patrice D.

New system makes it unworkable

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

I used to love Bill.com, but now I am going to push my client to look for something else. It is awful and has not improved since they started this last year

Pros

The best part of the new system (vs the Classic Bill.com) is the bill payment grouping. You can filter for the name of the vendor, select the invoices to pay and mark the date on the next page. Very easy

Cons

The new system is so tech heavy that it takes twice as long to enter an invoice. The recognition software only works on half the invoices that are uploaded. At times it picks the wrong vendor completely. I have to choose the vendor, wait for it to "find" a match in my system, select it and then move to the invoice number, date and then look for the box that houses the amount. It is so spread out that it takes too long for the eye to move down the page. I have stopped putting my invoice number in the description because it means I have to scroll down the entry page. I loved the old version where everything existed in about 4 inches of space. If you have to skip an entry, and go to the next page in the document, it will associate that skipped page to your next entry, even after it is marked not to associate. I have found multiple invoices matched to the wrong vendors and how to find these is a nightmare. If I have a duplicate invoice in my uploaded documents, i have to close the window and go back to the Inbox screen. I then have to guess which document contains my duplicate because it is not clear which one I was working on. I cannot see the duplicate invoice, but only a thumbnail of the 1st document in my stacks. I have contacted customer service after they cut off the Classic version, I received an email asking me to explain what was happening. I did, and then nothing happened.

Daniel L.

Quality AP processing

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.

Pros

It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Cons

Reporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.

Amy P.

Used to be a leader, falling behind

Reviewed on 13/02/2018

Pros

The permissions are customizable, you can be very particular about how the QuickBooks sync happens, and the approval workflows are great. I appreciate being able to connect to Hubdoc, QBO, and Tallie, among other apps.

Cons

The customer service is awful. It used to be great, but now you’re lucky to get an email back at all. That is my biggest complaint. Coming in second is the other side of the customization piece: there are lots of ways to make things happen that you don’t want to happen. There are cheaper, simpler solutions out there for the less technologically initiated.

Jill F.

Great product - but pricey

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

Great customer service, onboarding new clients is much improved from when I first started using them years ago. Only issue - per client price is high considering we are also paying for usage. As a firm it would be great to have better pricing.

Pros

Easy of use - capturing all documents in one place for one client with a dedicated fax number and email address.

Cons

Price

Karen B.

Efficient time-saver for businesses with payables.

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

I like that Bill.com allows me to organize all my company's payables, enter and review our vendor information, and save money on checks by connecting with e-payment.

Cons

Sometimes finding different screens and editing or deleting expenses are not very intuitive, and it takes some searching to figure out how to accomplish something.

Bill.com Review for Businesses

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Pros

I use Bill.com for our business. It syncs with Quickbooks and other accounting services for easy tracking of invoices. We also make payments to our independent contractors through Bill.com and it's in their account in a couple of days.

Cons

The cost can be a little high for small business unless this is there accounting method. Other than that, I really like Bill.com and do not have many cons.

Cayce C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great option for paying bills securely

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

Pros

The ability of electronic payments is a much better option than mailing paper checks as before.

Cons

Nothing to add here, any issues were resolved by customer service

Sharon M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Awesome App, a must for businesses

Reviewed on 02/10/2015

Awesome App, a must for businesses that pay bills and want a seamless approval process. I have used Bill.com for over 3 years in many different companies. We mandate it for any client that wants us manage their bill pay function. It allows us to set up approval processes as well as paperless (on our part at least!) bill payment. As a business owner, this gives a lot of piece of mind that fraud is not going to take place in the form of check forging or bogus invoices.

Pros

Approval Process, Bill payment, Inbox as central place to have documents sent to, new sync ability with Hub Doc.

Cons

Nothing! I love this product and anything you have an issue with, the chat feature for customer service is always available!

Payables with Bill.com

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Our bill paying is highly automated thanks to Bill.com.
Highly recommended.

Pros

Bill.com is great at managing payables. We have about 80% of our vendors now on ACH via Bill.com.
Integrating nicely into Xero (also into Quickbooks).

Cons

We would like to see a three way match in this product.
(purchase orders - shipping documents - invoices)

Albert G.

Down to earth platform.

Reviewed on 02/02/2018

Kudos great work.

Pros

I like this software. It's one of a kind which allows you to pay and get paid through various channels. Kudos.

Cons

The software though is good but has some limitations. But I guess that's not an issue. There's no perfect thing anywhere unless utopia.

Jen S.

Helps keep our invoices and bills organized and paid on time

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Pros

Bill.com allows us to keep doing what we do, and not stress over the billing process. It streamlines and tracks everything for us.

Cons

The backend can get a little confusing, but for my purposes, it is fine

Eva H.

Bill.com fir remote accounting

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

Made remote bill pay for my clients a reality. Allowed me to relocate my business and take my clients with me

Pros

Ability to work remotely

Cons

Need a way to discount early pay bills

I use this with quickbooks online to conveniently pay vendors electronically.

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

easily pay and track bills electronically from within quickbooks

Pros

I like that it integrates with quickbooks online and can easily be accessed from within quickbooks. Bill payments are automatically posted to quickbooks as paid. You can track the status of your payments easily.

Cons

When making partial payments, it does not allow you to schedule future payments on the same invoice. However, I brought this to the attention of bill.com support and they are looking into it.

Zoran V.
  • Industry: Executive Office

You have a bank account, you need BillDotCom

Reviewed on 02/05/2015

It's the program everyone with a bank account needs.

If you are starting in business, only AFTER BillDotCcom should one add accounting, for example. Using BillDotCcom will take care of 80% of the accounting work so you won't need a bookkeeper, you can have your CPA close out the month for you and when you get to the end of the year your BOOKE to TAXES will be done. Plus working with the CPA you'll get advice and Engagement you need at the beginning.

In the meantime you will know where you money is at all time with a few minutes a day. No more paperwork either. You will have all your records attached to your cancelled checks so if anyone questions your payment you can answer anytime from anywhere. Just go the the payment and everything affiliated with that payment like a bill, emil, whatever is there for you to print, email etc.

Awesome.

Sonam A.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Saves time and money

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

You can get paid faster by using this software.

Pros

This software is different from accouting softwares but work with other accouting softwares.Hepls someone to get paid faster.

Cons

Sometimes gets confused with bills.com while bills.com is comletely different from bill.com.
No other cons.

Easily Billing System

Reviewed on 01/09/2018

Pros

The setting up process is really simple and easy. I always receive an verification email. I never have problems with payment. It's has proven to be simple and reliable, fast and that's the way it should be with receiving funds.

Cons

I don't have any dislikes with software. I would prefer to use bill.com due to the simplicity. I can't even think of any changes I would make to software.

• Industry: Legal Services

Bill.com went downhill

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Pros

None,

Cons

Everything was fine up until the most recent updates. It's frustrating all around for the vendors, for us. Sending wires is a nightmare.

Stania P.

Awesome System

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

Bill.com is awesome system to use for payables. They have some sync issues with Intacct but nothing that you cant change your workflow to accommodate. Overall it has save us time, money and allowed for our staff to be effective in other areas in the office.

Jeana V.

Bill.Com is a cheap software, but good for certain situations

Reviewed on 18/11/2018

Pros

The ability to email documents into it, being able to drag and drop documents, bring able to pay out

Cons

Poor help, many quirks, many functions not there

Marriah G.

Decent for the money

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Pros

Bill.com is intuitive to use and the functionality is decent for the money. It is good for a small sized business with about 300 or fewer transactions per month.

Cons

The functionality is somewhat limited for larger companies with many transactions. It is aimed toward AP-heavy departments, but not finance geared.

Audrey H.

Great bill payment

Reviewed on 01/04/2018

Would give 6 stars if I could!

Pros

Great! The whole process is straightforward and easy to use for me and my assistants. Keeps my time free for more important tasks.

Cons

No cons! This company really has everything that I wanting when I was trying to find a solution for payments.

Kyle D.

#1 Piece of Software for Accounting

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

Bill.com is a dream come true for companies that have a lot of receivables to manage. From their straight-forward interface to the fact that they do an incredibly good job of keeping receivables organized, this is software that I can not live without. The best feature is the fact that they will mail paper invoices if necessary. This is only seconded by AMAZING support and a phenomenal API. We manage thousands of payers and invoices a month and Bill.com reconciles it all for less than $ It seems unfair. These folks rock!