Write a Review!
Online accounting software for growing businesses

4.4/5

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

Zoho Books has been our go to for invoicing for years

Reviewed on 22/03/2023

I started using Zoho Books many years ago and have used it ever since. It's been easy to use and the customer service has been great whenever I need a little help. It's simple to create new invoices and it's what I always recommend to others. Every so often I try other services but always end up back at Zoho and all their different services.

Pros

I have been using a single template for years and it's made my life very easy. It even creates the invoice and reminds me to send it.

Cons

I wish Zoho Books would automatically send the invoice for me but it's not a big deal. I just really like automation whenever possible.

David
David
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Using ZOHO Books for invoicing and payments in US Dollars and Mexican Pesos

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

use it for all client invoices and payments
also use for all vendor payments and invoice tracking...

use it for all client invoices and payments
also use for all vendor payments and invoice tracking of accounts payable and recieveable

Pros

very easy interface with Zoho CRM and integration with online payment capabilities in both US Dollars and Mexican Pesos

Cons

the multi currency feature is sometimes glitchy in reports

Best Movers CRM and QuickBooks Enterprise

more functionality

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

much easier interface and the integration with a partner CRM program within ZOHO
Cassi

• Customer Support Software

It's easy to use but that's as far as it goes

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

The overall experience with Zoho Books has been disappointing. We were told that they were capable of so much more than what they seem to be able to deliver on. There's no real good workflow capabilities and no real way to automate processes that the user imports over and over again.

If you're just starting out and don't have many sales (especially online sales) or a big budget, this is great accounting software for the value. The fact that the software developers are unable to transfer books from their own platform to an upgraded version or new version of it makes it completely incompatible with any business that is hoping to scale or merge with another company unless you have a bunch of extra staff or hours on your hands as you will be importing every transaction one by one manually.

Pros

It's easy to use if you're doing simple bookkeeping

Cons

This software is not made for those wanting to automate as much of the workflow as possible. It is also not for businesses hoping to scale with the software. The software link to the bank account and credit card frequently breaks leaving the user to have to sync manually. I have contacted customer service regarding this issue but there does not seem to be a solution.
If you're looking to upgrade from a beta or lower version of books to a newer version, Zoho is not capable of transferring your old books to a new account so the user is left having to manually important each entry one by one which is ridiculous and tedious. I cannot understand why the software developer is unable to do this simple task when they were able to do it when transferring the books from Xero or QuickBooks.
I’m glad others are having such success with the software but from my standpoint as an accountant I just do not see the value of the software for any company looking to scale in a digital world of eCommerce and automation, especially if the company is utilizing Amazon’s platform. The workaround I have had to implement to balance the account receivables and payables from those sales instead of having a successful either add-on or API like those of QuickBooks and Xero has also resulted in extra work which could all be automated if only the software had the capability.

Caroline
Caroline
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Organized and improved accounting

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

perfect to have a compliance with the company's accounting without overlooking something, it is really easy to use and it improved my progress at work

Pros

Zoho Books has allowed us to improve in the accounting area, having a perfect administration of expenses, accounts, invoices, payments and other tasks to be carried out, it manages a magnificent online accounting function, keeping all the payment reports up to date without forgetting invoices or payments to make, it is a very complete platform with its tools.

Cons

In my personal opinion, it is a perfect platform that there is nothing to improve or change.

• Customer Support Software

"Zoho Books"; Accounting made easy.

Reviewed on 19/12/2020

I have been in the field of finance and accounting for quite a couple of time now and have tested many accounting softwares. I finally landed on Zoho Books and my experience with this software is amazingly outstanding in its results and ease of use.

Pros

It's very effective and efficient in its operations. Zoho Books perform splendid task as expected.

The BRS statement is also an amazing feature I enjoy mostly on this software as it prints clearly all required details as expected.

Cons

For the fact that the little shortcomings are prevalent regarding the usage of this software, its benefits cannot be outweighed.
The only problem i think is with this software is for the fact that you must be familiar with the accounting terms as a new user to be able to effectively use the function to the fullest benefits.
A learning or help pop ups when added to the features will be of help especially to new users

Sara
Sara
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

As soon as ZohoBooks is set up, creating invoices is a breeze

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

Once you have your invoice template set up, creating invoices is a breeze. Zoho Books integrates quite smoothly with both Zoho CRM and Zoho Subscriptions. It would be helpful if there were a way to customize reminder emails depending on the reason the invoice was not paid.

Pros

Each and every one of our clients' billing and subscription needs are handled by me personally. We really liked how simple it was to link Zoho Books and Zoho CRM. Since our customers come from all over the world, having access to many payment gateways is invaluable. The creating goods function is quite beneficial, since we offer numerous services at different pricing.

Cons

Workflow and Invoice Personalization. One company's choice of languages for use with international clients.

Becky
Becky

• Customer Support Software

We can track all invoices with Zoho books

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

In terms of billing, invoicing, tracking payments, and maintaining an accurate inventory count, I can confidently say that this experience has been nothing short of remarkable thus far.

Pros

Having 2nd factor authentication and many ways to retrieve transactions, as well as everything else you would need to keep your business functioning, are two features I particularly appreciate.

Cons

This is the trickiest part because I can't really think of anything I dislike; however, I do have some comment on the quality of customer support and the requirement of an internet connection.

Unenabasi Godwin
Unenabasi Godwin

Incredible Accounting Software for Freelancers and Startups

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

Zoho helps my business keep accurate accounting records, bill customer and drive down receivables.

Pros

Zoho captures every aspect of my company's finances. The tool makes it easy for you to create estimates, and invoices, capture bills and expenses as well as monitor business health. The muti-user feature lets business track expenses and movement of funds between departments and business teams.

Another incredible feature that makes Zoho stand out is their customer support. They have an amazing support team that responds quickly. Plus, they help you valuable suggestions to help you navigate difficult accounting operations.

Cons

Zoho does not have an offline capability. The software is cloud-based so you must have an internet connection to access the software.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Zoho is easy to use and their support team responds on time.
Mehedi Hasan
Mehedi Hasan
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

I love using Zoho Books since early 2021 and still using happily!

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

All in one I had a great experience with Zoho Books in this recent months. I hope this with continue and they will provide more features to the board. Their support system is pretty good. I love their work!

Pros

I mostly like the invoicing feature as I can set my work hours and then analyze them and making invoices to send to my clients. This way I can manage all my clients with their work hours and payments. Thanks to Zoho Books!

Cons

Sometimes I get hesitant on the banking fetching system. I am not sure it's me or Zoho who is creating those issues. Sometimes I see error data on the page.

Michael
Michael

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Zoho is very user friendly and once you have used any other accounting software it's easy to get up and running with Zoho Books.

Pros

Ease of use, it has all the features I was looking for in an accounting application. The security is another factor I like Zoho Books.

Cons

I wish there could be a way to get transactions directly firm wave accounting app.

Jose R.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

• Customer Support Software

The best invoicing / accounting tool for freelancers, period.

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Zoho Books is just a fantastic tool. Coming from Freshbooks and paying a hefty fee for it I was not only limited in terms of features (and paypal support) but also somewhat bored with their lackluster interface. Zoho was great and hit all the marks for me, the interface is simple and intuitive and the price point at my scale is just unbeatable. I can't see any other accounting system after using Zoho Books.

Pros

This is the best bang for buck you can get if you are a startup, an independent freelancer or just need invoicing to start. There is no other system comparable with Zoho at this price point.

Cons

There are many features I didn't test because they are out of realm for my specific needs. I am sure for others they might be important but if these were "enabled as needed" rather than always there cluttering the interface that would be better.

Anthony
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zoho Books: An efficient and user-friendly accounting software.

Reviewed on 06/05/2023

As an IT intern at the university, I had the opportunity to use Zoho Books for financial management. Overall, I found the software to be user-friendly and offering a great deal of useful features, such as invoice management and expense tracking. Additionally, I really liked the integration of Zoho Books with other Zoho services, such as CRM and Human Resources, which made collaboration and project management easier.

Pros

Zoho Books is an online accounting and invoicing software that offers a wide range of features at an affordable price. With this tool, users can manage invoices, payments, expenses, and time tracking all in one integrated platform. Zoho Books also offers integration with other Zoho services, such as CRM and Human Resources, which makes collaboration and project management easier. Additionally, the software allows for task automation and customization of templates and workflows, increasing efficiency and saving time in financial management.

Cons

Despite the extensive feature set that Zoho Books provides, some users can find the user interface to be too complex, and it might take some time to become accustomed to all the possibilities. In addition, integration with third-party services may be limited compared to other popular accounting software and more economical plans might not include certain sophisticated capabilities like inventory management and budgeting.

Haythum
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Zoho Books review

Reviewed on 30/07/2023

Since more than 4 years of using Zoho Books it's fantastic and positive experience

Pros

Zoho Books integrates with other Zoho applicationsZoho Books has an easy interface that makes it easy to navigate and use itStrong financial management capabilities

Cons

in Zoho Books can't customize more advanced financial reportsZoho Books is more costly compared to other accounting software specially when advanced features are needed

Mahir

Perfect Accounting System

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Zoho Books improved our efficiency and helped improve our business processes.

Zoho Books improved our efficiency and helped improve our business processes.

Pros

This is your all-in-one accounting system to cover all your business needs.

Cons

Learning curve is a bit typical initially but once you get the hang of it, it'd turn out to be an awesome application for your company.

Kashoo

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Freshbooks was expensive to maintain

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Zoho Books had local product support engineers which is why we put our trust on them!
Jabir

Good Online Accounting Software

Reviewed on 01/06/2023

Simple software, can do the accounting with less accounting knowledge, its able access from any were in online.

Pros

ZOHO has many other apps implementation and its able to customize according to our requirement.

Cons

Reporting format of Balance sheet and Profit loss in excel need to improve.

QuickBooks Time and TallyPrime

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Can Access from anywhere, for our client can access from the abroad
Mohammed
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Smart Accounting Software Built for Business

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

My overall experience with Zoho Books is good and I've been using it for the past three years and have recommended it to a number of clients.

Pros

-Zoho Books is an easy-to-use accounting app which displays all your financial information in a simple
format and a person with less or no knowledge of accounting can also use it.
-Zoho Books eliminates the need to manually enter data, lowering the risk of errors.
-With access control and audit trails, Zoho Books ensures data integrity and gives you complete control
over your business data.
-GST compliance is automatic with Zoho Books. The Government of India has named it the Best App in
the Business Category.
-Zoho Books integrates with other business applications, allowing you to access and work with your data
from a single place. Integrations are available with Zoho People, Zoho CRM, Zoho Projects, Zoho Reports,
and more.
-Zoho Books creates professional reports automatically to help you communicate your data effectively.
You can also personalize reports by filtering and organizing them to your preferences.
-Zoho Books saves all of your financial information in the cloud, where it can be quickly restored, so you
never have to worry about losing data.

Cons

-The app is appropriate for small and medium-sized businesses. It is incapable of managing complex
corporate processes.
- On weekends (Saturday & Sunday), the support crew is not available to help clients with their problems.
-The software doesn’t allow you to import contacts from your social media sites. It allows you to build
your client details through the inbuilt mail feature.
-There is no budgeting feature available.

Cheikh

Good software for beginners

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Zoho Books made my job easier and saved me a lot of time.

Zoho Books made my job easier and saved me a lot of time.

Pros

Zoho Book is a good software if you are starting out in a small business. What impresses me most about Zoho Book is the BRS statement. It's an excellent feature that prints all the required details very clearly, just as we intended. The automated bank flow is another feature that saves you a lot of time. The advantage of Zoho Books is that it can be linked to your online sales sites easily.

Another positive aspect of Zoho Books is that its delivery always comes with many integrated functionalities such as stock management, sales and purchase booking, payroll processing, etc.

To conclude, Zoho Books is easy to understand and its configuration is quick and easy. The automation of the system is great and you save a lot of time. The customer support is also very responsive and usually fixes your worries.

Cons

The major problem with Zoho Book is that it is only practical with a small business. It is better to choose another software like Wave if your business is large. Finally, the other blockage is that Zoho Books is based on the Cloud so without a connection you can go and have a nice cup of hot coffee (LOL).

Xero

Zoho Books functionalities were limited

Wave
Sayed
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate Software

Reviewed on 16/04/2023

Zoho boos was a very good app but there are better accounting apps out there.

Zoho boos was a very good app but there are better accounting apps out there.

Pros

Zoho Books is a cloud-based accounting software it offers invoicing, expense tracking, inventory management, and financial reporting. software has an easy user-friendly interface. It has automation capabilities, such as automatic bank feeds and recurring invoices, have been praised for saving time and streamlining accounting tasks.It also has flexibility and customizability of Zoho Books. The software offers a range of integrations with other apps and services, such as payment gateways, CRM software, and project management tools.

Cons

Customer supprt and tech support isnt really upto mark nd even learning the software is a little difficult and it taes time and steep learning curve to gets hands on experience.

Tracy
  • Industry: Design

The Best way to manage your Businesses Finances

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

I never used to know what was going on with my business financials. Now at a glance, I can see money coming and I have an overview of how the business is performing. Tax season is no longer a complete nightmare as everything we need is in Zoho Books.

Pros

Zoho Books is extremely easy to use. I love that I now have 1 place where I do all my invoicing and that I can customise the invoices to my own branding. I love that I can send the invoice to clients directly from the software and then have auto reminders go out to the clients as well as send a Thank you when I receive payment. I also love the ability to link it to my business bank account – so I can reconcile my invoices and transactions easily. Come tax season my accountant can easily access all the reports she needs for any period.

Cons

At first, it was a bit tricky to understand how to link up my bank account but eventually managed to figure it out.

Mike
Mike

• Customer Support Software

Great solution.. but not for everyone

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

I used Zoho Books for my own practice for 3 years+for a few of my Clients. It's fast and reliable, and developers are improving it very regularly - adding new features constantly.
I would highly recommend using it especially in the businesses that would also use other software from Zoho-like e-mail or CRM-they're well priced and are extremely cost-effective.

Pros

Zoho Books is lightning fast-miles ahead of the competition if it comes to the speed of the software. The actual user experience is very close to the desktop software.
Another good feature is its customizability - you'll find a plethora of options with Zoho, obviously designed with advanced reporting tools that come with Zoho Suite in mind.
What's important - importing and exporting stuff from Zoho is also very simple - that comes in handy if you want to switch to another software from Zoho, you'll be able to do it-most counterparts allow you to migrate data only partly.
Importing journals-extremely important feature-works flawlessly.

Cons

No integrated payroll functionality - small flaw, as you can easily import journals from the software of your choice.
Average bank reconciliation - filtering records is difficult, custom sorting as well.
No itegrated CIS solution.
No reporting directly to HMRC.

Ann

Go-To Invoicing Software Everyone Should Have

Reviewed on 22/09/2015

We are a company that's 10 years in the industry. We cater a thousand orders a month and getting an invoicing software that's basically gonna do the job is essential. We've been to a couple of invoicing software but none of those were good enough to bring with us on our road to success. The last software we've got literally ruined our business for a couple of months that we decided to give it up until I found Zoho books. I have heard much of Zoho from my virtual assistant colleagues and their employers have been using them for a while. I decided to sign up for a free trial and loved it! It does almost everything that we need in an invoicing software. Its payment reminders allow us to optimize our collections every month and it keeps going. Its ability to track overdue invoices, customizing templates, and custom fields were a tremendous help in making sure our documents are as accurate as we need them to be. Customer service is also a big help. Someone always answers the phone on their end, emails are being replied in a timely manner and call backs are done in less than 24 hrs. All these for $24 a month which is kind of awesome. We are probably going to stick with Zoho for a while and we are just even starting.

Reports are also pretty detailed and is a big help for us to track our progress. On the other side of the coin, I hope they also have an API integrated in their system. Makes it easier for our vendors.

I recommend it to small to large scale business who are looking to integrate their accounting and invoicing (probably their inventory as well with Zoho Inventory on the way). Zoho Books is for you.

Pros

Pros:

1. Reports. We needed to track our progress down every week and what better way it is than to view our reports. Zoho allows you to get a report for Sales Person, Items and Customer. It's detailed report on overdue invoices are great for us to pound the ones that need to pay.

2. Payment Reminders. Our invoices are always set in an open account. Therefore, we need an automated system to remind our customers about their due invoices. Works great for our collection!

3. Customer Service. They are always good at getting back to you. When no one is available to answer your call, tehy are going to call you back in less than 24 hrs. Their email support is also pretty quick they wont leave you hanging.

Cons

Zoho is good about getting a constructive suggestion done.

However, I wish they have an API integration with the system. Also with the Zoho Inventory along hte way, Im pretty sure they will be a perfect go-to software for our company.

Lydia
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Have a vision of caution in accounting with Zoho Books.

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

The overall experience we have had with Zoho Books is one for the records. This amazing product introduced us into a modern and more accurate way of accounting and taking care of our finances. With Zoho Books, it gets clear how money moves in and out and this allows us to know our financial health and performance.

Pros

Zoho Books allows to become accountable for our money by giving us transparency on how money is being spent. It uses automations which allows us to eliminate the manual entry work and reduce the dependency on the repetitive tasks. It has the simplest reporting tool that gives us valuable financial insights about our financial health. The billing tools are very useful and they makes invoicing so simple. It allows us to create branded invoices for our clients and sharing them with the clients is easy, secure and fast.

Cons

Am very delighted how Zoho Books is yet to gives us any cons. It has been working superbly well for us.

Martin
Martin

• Customer Support Software

Zoho Books is the best finicial reporting software.

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

Zoho Books is the best software for the financial reporting and everyone can easily used this software in a more efficient way. Moreover, it is the best tracker all of our accounts and finance. I would recommended this software because this software is one of the best tool for financial and accounting.

Pros

Zoho Books is the best source to create our invoices and it is the best financial reporting software in all over the world. The most significant thing about this software is that we can easily send all of our invoices and expenses and get paid online with out any problem. Moreover, Zoho Books is so easy to use and very convenient software. The another best thing about this software is that it is the best accounting financial management software because it is the most reliable software for accounting as compared to its competitors.

Cons

The most obvious difficulty that we faced while using this software is that there features are not much advanced as compared to its competitors because it cannot provide the great features of sending expenses and finance to the business companies. The another problem of this software is that this software is very difficult for the new users and it is not so easy to learn how to handle our accounts and invoices. But still it is the best tool for business accounting.

• Customer Support Software

Overall Zoho Books is easy to use and works very well for a small to medium business.

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

Pros

You can automate much of your purchasing and invoicing 'paperwork' process which is wasted time you can spend actually working on your business. It integrates easily with other Zoho products, QuickBooks and Google if you need it to.

Cons

While it is very easy to integrate with other zoho products like Zoho Expense it can sometimes be hard to understand how that integration is meant to work. Some best practice documentation like using Zoho Books and Zoho Expense would be great. For instance it took me a while to figure out that I needed to make sure I had chart of account line items in both. I assumed they would sync but they didn't. I had to go to expense and create the same custom line item I did in books. Not a big deal but it would have been helpful to know that I needed to do that. Customer Support can be very inconsistent. I've had very good experience with the chat support resolving my problems immediately. However, the ticket system and email can some times take days to respond. In particular, you don't have access to your support ticket so you don't know that it has been received or looked at, nor can you update it with any additional information.

Jaime
  • Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

I have been using Zoho for years

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

When I first started my photography business I needed an invoicing program and I stumbled upon Zoho in my search. It had everything I wanted and was free. Here I am 6 years later still using it. Back then I only needed Zoho Invoice, but through the years I needed more organization than the invoicing program offers so I upgraded to Zoho Books. At that time I didn't realize that it wasn't truly it an upgrade, but rather a switch from one to the other. I was being double charged. It was a bit challenging contacting Zoho support (in 2013), but once I did they were happy to fix the problem and refund my duplicate payments for the two months prior. Setting up Zoho Books was a bit challenging and my only true complaint about Zoho is that the support system is very much lacking. I struggled to reach Zoho Support. When I finally did they were helpful, but it is a challenge to actually ever reach anyone. Other than that Zoho is AMAZING. I have referred MANY friends to this program through the years.

Pros

Cons

Customer Support and the lack of detail in payments received. My bookkeeper struggles to reconcile my PayPal payments because the fees aren't identified.