Planday

Employee scheduling, time tracking & absence management

4.3 /5 (52 reviews) Write a Review!

Paul C.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great software

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

Pros

Planday really reduces management time compiling the rota, it is easy for staff to manage holidays and good to help managers stick to weekly staffing budgets. The punch in/out function again reduces admin time for paper timesheets and reduces the possibility of fraud.

Cons

It would be great to be able to set parameters and then it generate the rota for you, hopefully this will be developed in time!

Lonnie lykke S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

From Nokia to iPhone

Reviewed on 22/05/2015

We're a large (25+ personal) dental clinic placed in the center of Copenhagen, Denmark.
We strive to work as productive and efficient as possible, with quality and costumer service as our key words.
As a manager I used to spend several hours a week, both at work and outside work, doing schedules using exel, to make sure every shift was covered.
Usually I would spend my Easter puzzling the schedule for the upcoming summer holiday, ringing and texting assistants to sort out who I could fit in where there was a gap.
Those days are over, and even though we've used Planday for more than a year now, both my assistants, my boss and I'm still pleasantly surprised by how easy Planday is to use.
I would recommend Planday to any business with hourly scheduled staff.
Planday is like when I got my first iPhone!

Pros

I must admit I was a little suspicious at first, starting something new, but that changed quickly.
The introduction we got, the service and help was (is!) worth 5 stars.
Planday is very easy to use, very userfriendly.
The ability to customize everything is great.
Easy to navigate around.

Cons

I've been thinking about this for a long time now and I simply can't find any cons.

Response from Planday

It is very much appreciated that you took the time to write us such a great feedback. We are happy that you are satisfied with the system and the help that you have received during your introduction and in the time after.

Susie P.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Cut our scheduling time in half!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

Really great software, a little difficult to set up, but only because I didn't ask the questions I needed to. They have a live chat available for you and their response is usually pretty quick. My staff can put in what they prefer and their availability which in turn has created a happier staff. I love that is doubles as a message center so I can group message everyone and they can reply to me without bothering everyone in the group text. The time clock is available in my region, however, breaks (lunch) is not yet. I am excited to start using it in January because my payroll will be integrated into the schedule. So far I am excited about the change and the time it has saved my manager each week and the money I have saved allowing her to apply her time to more worthwhile tasks.

Pros

How easy it makes everything after it was set up.

Cons

That somethings are not available in my region, I'm willing to wait, though.

Thomas G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Bespoke Hotels has implemented Planday in 5 hotels. It has been a great success.

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Improved Employee satisfaction.
Admin time efficiencies.
Increased accuracy in collating hours worked.

Pros

Tracking Time & Attendance - Keeps a tight track on casual hours from a management perspective but also the employees love the app by giving them clear shift times and the option to make themselves unavailable and swap shifts.
Cutting Admin Time - easy to put together rotas and produce reports for payroll processing at month end.
Payroll visability - easy to track daily, weekly and monthly payroll spend.

Cons

Even though it is relatively simple to learn how it works it does require some focus and backing from the management team.

Response from Planday

Hi Thomas - thanks for your review of Planday! It's great to hear we're helping you keep track of your hours and cut down on your admin time. It's great to have you on board!

Mindy A.

Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

Randy in Customer Support has been fantastic. I encountered a problem with my account and he called me back within minutes and was able to help me resolve the issue. He is polite, patient and professional. I highly recommend Planday for staff scheduling needs.

Pros

I like the flexibility and customization features.

Cons

Some of the features don't fit with the Education model and we don't need any of the payroll data fields.

Response from Planday

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for your review! It's always wonderful to hear from our happy customers.

I believe Randy has already been in touch with you regarding your requests.

Also, have you heard about our Ambassador Program, where you can earn money for recommending Planday? You can learn more about the program here: http://planday.com/ambassador

Thanks for using Planday!
Jennifer

Kevin j P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

We chose Planday Domestic

Reviewed on 21/10/2016

We are a small company, less than ten employees with the intention of someday being bigger. We needed a time and attendance software that allowed remote access, allowed calendar scheduling, analytics, payroll sync, and real time communication on events and expectations. We did not want to spend a lot of money.

Pros

Plan day allows us to grow with employees and locations, they charge us monthly by the number of users. We can access all of the features from anywhere using the login console. The Graphics look professional and the staff had very little difficulty getting used to the system.

Cons

Local WiFi is recommended, but really, it is essential to experience all of the features.
There is a thirty day free trial, a second month to break it in and review accumulated data would have been helpful before the roll out.

James Z.

5 Stars from Chexology (SharkTank featured item rental economy SaaS)

Reviewed on 17/10/2015

We are a NYC-based item rental SaaS that typically hires, trains, and staffs 400-1,000 W4 brand ambassadors during the winter season. Previously, we used ShiftPlanning, which was expensive, had an outdated UI, and an unfriendly mobile experience. I reached out to Cody knowing I'd need my team's buy-in to terminate our old vendor. He made it a 1-week decision with a better price and a superior product. The great thing about Planday is intelligent control over your workers' organization and being able to reach them in many ways (Twilio type SMS, required reads, news feed) to make your client comfortable. The best thing is having an "on-demand" shift grabbing feature to make work equitable and replacements instant. We sort of up-sell Planday into our services now as being "best-in-class." I don't think I'm lying!

Thanks guys.

- James Zhang
Chief Operating Officer
Chexology LLC

Response from Planday

Hi James,

Thanks a lot for your positive review. We are very proud to hear that you find Planday "Best-in-Class", and we hope you'll keep on being a satisfied customer.

Best regards
Frans, Planday

Tim M.
  • Industry: Sports

Brilliant

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

Pros

Simple easy to use, all the staff love the app

Cons

Occasionally Glitchy, due to updates and software

Tj S.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Basic online scheduling app

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Pros

Cheaper than most, easy to use, mobile app available for staff and management. User friendly, not many complaints from staff

Cons

Limited on mobile app, set up fees are costly. Basic plan isn't bad, but choose your plan wisely. Needs work on reporting

Phillip O.

Best experience and customer service by far

Reviewed on 19/11/2015

Cody has been my main contact but his support and development team has also been really friendly and come to our aid whenever we needed them. The main features that brought us over was the easy to use layouts and the fact that this product allows you to see who you can plug in for any of those last minute call-offs. The OT controls and restrictions definitely have saved us probably 4-5 times the cost of this product making it a money maker.

The back end Admin settings allows you so much control I can assign off time schedulers who are restricted to only that role and I don't have to worry about them having access to confidential employee or client info like in other scheduling software. I would say they have alot of features that beat out the competition hands down.

Alexander P.

Excelent

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Great work!

Pros

Very easy to use and this is for every age! At my work every age from 18 to 60 knows how to use the app and in the browser.

Cons

Nothins at all for the moment. I only had problem with the connection with the wi-fi but i believe it was the workplaces wi-fi.

Sebastian B.
  • Industry: Photography

Very well made app

Reviewed on 27/05/2015

Planday is a very well made app for making schemes.

Pros

You can choose your shifts.

Cons

its a little hard to know where to go and choose shifts, because you have two schemes. one on the front page and one on the shiftplan page and at first i thought you had to get shifts there but i couldnt so i neede to do it on the front page where i didn't have as much to look at visually to give a picture of which shift it was.

Response from Planday

Thank you very much for the feedback. The easiest way to book open shifts is from the front page/overview where you can click "show all open shifts" and book each of them.

Barbara R.

Less paper, more happiness!

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

We are so happy with PlanDay, it's working out so well. Scheduling is a breeze and our office is so much more peaceful and happy without the chaos of those paper timesheets! Customer support is awesome!

Jennifer S.

user friendly

Reviewed on 01/02/2016

No details, the product is great.

Ellie J.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Using planday

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Really great experience easy to use app and it’s handy to have the desktop version too

Pros

Really easy to use, great layout so it’s very clear for staff members to use. The swap shift feature is a great addition.

Cons

the only downside to this app is that some features can only be done on the desk top website such as requesting holidays

Tanya B.

Customer support let it down

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Disappointed

Pros

It has many good features, our staff scheduling department like the scheduler, Payroll like the punch clock.

Cons

It is not very flexible and we are still waiting for issues to be resolved some 8 months on. We cant use it for payroll as there is an issue within Planday that the development team need to resolve (8 months on and still waiting). The other main issue is customer support, we wait for days and sometimes weeks for a reply, cant talk to anyone, it all has to be done by email therefore operationally things come to a standstill.
HR records could be developed to include more personal information.

Marta B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

I can't say enough about how much I dislike this product. There are constant issues and...

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

The scheduling module works pretty well

Pros

The scheduling feature is easy to use and works pretty well. The templates make it easy to duplicate schedules that are used often.

Cons

The way it calculates union time premiums, the numerous glitches that happen frequently, the daily reports that don't show weekly overtime until the last day of the week, they can't get me in the right time zone so the next day shows up as today after 3pm

Betty L.
  • Industry: Human Resources

I used this software at one company I consulted for. They wanted to track vacation usage of...

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Pros

I used this easily to keep track of employee vacation time and also used to calculate what time we owed employees when they quit the company. It helped us to prepare a final check accurately, reducing issues after a termination

Jesse C.

Ok scheduling poor customer service

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Pros

Got us off from paper scheduling and did save time

Cons

Constantly having glitches and virtually no support

Cindy F.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 27/05/2015

We use Planday at my work. We have about 100 volunteers taking shifts almost any time of the day and week. So with planday we can easy see who is at work when.

Pros

The app is great and Planday keeps working on it. I have used it for almost two years and it is really useful now.

Cons

Contacts in the app is not working. But that is about all I can think of.

Melissa J.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

LoveLoveLove PlanDay!

Reviewed on 16/08/2016

PlanDay was the best decision we made this year. Easy, fast and user friendly for both management and employees!

Pros

We'd been looking for an online scheduling tool for the last few years, but all of them provided only information from the employee's point of view. PlanDay was the first (only?) to provide the ability for us to toggle back and forth from the employee view to the management, or "position view". Moreover, the customer service is beyond compare. What an incredible tool PlanDay has been for us!

Cons

We have 2 requests:

1) We would love to have the capacity to block employees in advance from being scheduled on future shifts. For example, if an employee wants to attend their family reunion in October, we'd love to have the capacity to block those shifts NOW to prevent them from being accidentally scheduled in October. While the employee has this capacity, we would prefer to have it as well.

2) Similarly, since students comprise at least 50% of our staff, we would love, as managers of PlanDay, for US to have the capacity to block out certain portions of certain days for our staff who are students taking classes in school. Again, this would prohibit them from being accidentally scheduled while they're in class. Again, while employees have this capacity, we would prefer to have it as well.

Response from Planday

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for your review! Always wonderful to hear from our happy customers.

Regarding your requests, there is actually a way to do this within the system. Your Activation Consultant will be reaching out to you shortly to help you set this up.

Thanks again!
Jennifer

Alexander B.
  • Industry: Sports

famtastic application for all

Reviewed on 28/04/2019

overall our experiance with planday has been positive and has proven much better that anyu program we tried previous

Pros

staff resouce planning, payroll, break allocation and messaging.

Cons

cross platfor use between app and computer version not always great

Kazim L.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Makes scheduling staff easy

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Pros

Drag and drop functionality. Nice, clean, fresh layout. It's also good that staff can swap shifts between themselves, giving them more flexibility and without putting a greater admin burden on managers. They listen to users and constantly improve the product. The in app weather forecast visibility makes it much easier to forecast footfall and schedule.

Cons

Could do with a few more reporting options and although it has a lot of useful integrations, it could benefit from having an integration with a Human Resources management app perhaps.

Casey D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

This App is Great!

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Pros

The mobile app is so nice to use as an employee compared to the others I have tried. The others are always built for a manager.

Cons

I don't like that my shift request has to be approved by my manager. If I want the shift and I take it first, It should be mine.

Martyn H.
  • Industry: Events Services

So Long to the group email

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Pros

Easy. Great for young people with the ease of the app

Cons

Glitchy , needs to add more features to the app

Response from Planday

Thanks Martyn! Happy to hear you're enjoying the Planday app! We have a lot of new features in the works so watch this space! Great to have you on board ¿