Clare P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

I feel like it can be a useful tool, if you are in the know!

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

I would suggest a simple user guide to come up the first time you log in, so you are aware of the real potential of this software.

Pros

Once you have been shown how to use this software, it can be a very useful tool, especially for us as CEs who aren't directly involved with the Sales side of the business.

Cons

Unless someone is a pro on Phocas, it is difficult to navigate your way around it and completely understand how to use it.

Jorge A.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Best BI Tool

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

I love it, since we really started using phocas(last pug conference) I have decreased the amount of crystal reports by at least 75% or more.

Pros

This software allows me to gather databases from all over the organization and present the, to our users via dashboard/report or let them drive their own reporting.

Cons

It was a bit difficult to understand the Sync/dbdesigner part since documentation on this was a bit vague

Adam L.

Phocas Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

We use it for daily, weekly and monthly exception reporting for all areas of our business.

Pros

User-friendliness. It's very intuitive and easy to use. It has a nice clean and modern look and feel.

Cons

It doesn't have all the data in it we would like and sometimes it is difficult to get that data into Phocas. That may be more of an Eclipse limitation though.

Jason H.

Comprehensive Reporting & Business Building Tool

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

My overall experience with Phocas has been excellent, we use the system to monitor growing and declining sales to protect out business and easily identify buying gaps to help increase sales.

Pros

Ease of use, speed of reporting and level of detail available that can be accessed. Automated reporting saves a lot of time. Support from the account managers when required is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes some of the functionality could be improved further to allow more flexibility. An example here would be multiple options for subscriptions i.e. a weekly report that you could also set to receive at monthend without the need to create a new favourite. Nest function is a fantastic addition to the functionality but due to the way Phocas works you have to start at the bottom layer of data then build layers above.

Shakti S.

Phocas Easy To Use

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Phocas allows the business to have data available on the go. BSS administrates and creates the data tables which allows the business to easily customise new company requirements.

Pros

One Click Functionality. User friendly. The ability to access data wherever you are in the world.

Cons

As BSS hold a vast amount of information sometimes we have issues viewing the data. This might be an internal or external network issue.

Mark V.

great staff , great system I have nothing but praise for Phocas

Pros

The system is great to use and easy , I like the fact I can customize reports and dashboards to suit my business.

Cons

I have no issues with the software, the system works well for us.

Ken D.

INcrease knowledge

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

we use Phocas to gain a better understanding of our customer transactions and history. we used this to review what if customer verses product purchases and this enabled us to put some attention to opportunities we had not seen before, increasing sales by 5%

Pros

allowed data analysis that improved our ERP system. enabled decisions that increased sales

Cons

remembering how to use all of the features

Earl P.

Phocas Software Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Pros

* How quickly you can slice and dice your data
* Reliability of data
* No hidden costs and no extra charges
* Support desk that helps and does not charge

Cons

* Remembering how to do things,
* Inability to manage your favourites or saved reports e.g. folder arrangement would be great

Gar S.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Helps me stay up to date with what happened and anticipate coming trends

Pros

Easy to use, quick access, daily reporting

Cons

Can’t streamline some of the reporting not a timely report process

Reshma J.

Easy and Good to Use

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

It very simple to use the software and its really straightforward especially for a new user. Also you can not go wrong and delete anything.

Cons

Personally more training on the product just to know to what extent it can go especially when your a new user.

John M.

A Great Business Tool!

Reviewed on 23/03/2015

Our owner uses this tool to drill in to all the company stats. That says allot right there!.. Phocas is fairly easy to use and doesn't take allot of time to generate reports... Most erp system reporting tools simply cannot give the level of detail nor do it as quickly and as easily as Phocas does. A report that would take hours to write and generate in our erp system would take minutes in Phocas with much better detail. We could not run our business without it...

Dave W.

Powerful analytics.

Reviewed on 30/03/2015

This software is a game-changer. Phocas has helped our business grow by helping us quickly recognize areas that need attention as well as areas that show our strengths. Phocas is our go-to tool to for business intelligence. *****The more we use Phocas, the more we understand our sales, our entire sales team and our customers!***** And that makes all the difference!

Gary M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Best in class BI

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Phocas is extremely easy to use for a non Technical users. It holds huge amounts of data and is pretty fast at being able to get the information required out of the system fast.

Pros

It is easy to use for all sales people. Lots of information at your fingertips.

Cons

Having all this data you need to understand d how to use it. This is not always easy.

Martin S.

Reporting to masses

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Pros

Phocas provided an ideal solution for producing the same views of information for Different job roles using the permissions in the background. This reduced our dependance on Excel reporting by around 60%

Cons

Phocas is more a visualisation tool rather than deep dive and planning is necessary to ensure output views meet the expected results, particular around columnar structure. That said it has had nothing but a positive impact on the Business reporting consumption by the masses.

Mike J.

• Customer Support Software

BI software that let's me do it the way I want to do it.

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Being able to run reports in minutes instead of hours has saved me so much time. It helps me work more efficiently.

Pros

What I most like about Phocas is I can get to the information I need by how I think about it. While someone else in my company can get to the same exact information in a totally different manner. The great thing is we get to the same exact information.

Cons

The thing I like least is the inability to print nice looking dashboards. We have sales meetings and the managers want to print each salesmen's information from a master dashboard. This way it can be handed out to each person so they can see their information as it is talked about generally in the meeting.

Stephanie S.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

• Customer Support Software

I've worked with Phocas for just a year, and absolutely LOVE it.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Pros

The ease of use is great, and has brought so much benefit to our company. We are able to customize reports and dashboards to our needs as a company, which is a huge deal. Getting reports out to our field is easy and painless. We use subscriptions constantly, and that has made many employee's lives easier.

Cons

I wish, still there was more ability to customize the report layouts. There are a lot of times when I have to create the report in Phocas, export it, and then do additional formatting in Excel. Also, the ability to download an entire dashboard would be amazing! It would make it so much easier than exporting each part individually.

James L.

Phocas going forward

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

It is giving us an insight we have never had before into our performance and the measure ability especially in terms of profit and there link to rebates.

Pros

I am most excited about the ability to draw in different strands of information from the various software platforms we operate as part of the business. We generate so much data that frankly its too intimidating to consider analysis of it all without the services of Phocas

Cons

I would like to see more integration in the CRM side of the software. For instance our ERP is ultimately our primary CRM system aswell, so we manage the contacts there, but they do not automatically sync through to the contacts tab of the CRM section. Some further automation from existing systems would be nice.

Jj W.

• Customer Support Software

Analytics in today's business environment

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

My overall experience with Phocas has been good from the start. They are prompt in with a response when you have an issue and will help you get the results you are looking for when utilizing custom searches and in-depth calculations.

Pros

Phocas is incredibly easy to use and helps you dig into an type of business analytics you can think of for your business.

Cons

There are not many of CONS that I have with Phocas, but the biggest issue I have is the lack of graphics for dashboards and the ability to truly customize those graphics. Also, the graphics can be a little quirky at times.

Darren B.

Excellent Business Intelligence

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Managing a sales force performance is key and the data provided by Phocas allows quick and easy benchmarking. There is also a superb level of output for the sales force to use to be better account managers and category champions.

Pros

The ability to dive into category data, and split by customers, customers groups, date ranges, sales rep, is excellent.
Also the ability to present customers purchasing data to them via matrix reports and charts is very impressive.

Cons

Writing custom reports is a great feature but can be tricky if you don’t do it very often.

James L.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

• Customer Support Software

I'm a daily power user for focus and train our team. Best data analysis software to date!

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Pros

The software is not only easy to use, and basically unbreakable, it is accessible almost anywhere. Hours have been saved thanks to the software. This is hands down the best software that i've ever used in my company.

Cons

Minor gripes about the interface and specific features that could be easily fixed. Currently running an older version, so 2016 may fix some of them

John B.

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Good, I can see what everyone is buying, how I’m targeting specific products we manufacture. Follow up leads. Easily compare turnovers. See who has stopped buying a particular part no, and see who is buying something new.

Pros

All information I need for sales, prospects easily available.
Updates every day

Cons

Nothing really. All works pretty easily for the info I need

Andrew K.

• Customer Support Software

Best piece of software ever!

Reviewed on 29/07/2015

Pros

Phocas is very easy to use, very intuitive and provides excellent business information. It is relatively inexpensive per user and at times, worth its weight in gold!

Cons

Nothing really. I am not a lover of the weekly/ monthly user subscription model as unless you make a point of regularly reviewing the usage, as your business changes sometimes you end up paying for users that have stopped using it. However that's really our problem rather than theirs.

Gene B.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

S.W. Anderson Phocas Business Intelligence Review

Reviewed on 21/03/2015

Pros

I like the ease of use of the product and responsiveness of the vendor.

Cons

Nothing that hasn't been addressed and corrected as necessary.

Jennifer H.

• Customer Support Software

Impressed with product although early days

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Pros

Powerful tool that will the business it hasn't had in the past
Will save time & allow the team to focus on making changes rather than analysing data

Cons

Time needed to get up & running, there is not a problem with the product but will needs an investment at this point

• Customer Support Software

It's a good business intelligence program

Reviewed on 31/12/2017

Pros

I really enjoy the freedom of developing the exact report that I want. If I find that I am unable to do something, the support team has always come through and fixed it so it works.

I have created reports that show dead stock in one branch that other branches sell.

it's also accessible from anywhere which gives real value

Cons

I feel one of the biggest limitations to Phocas is the charting portion. Trying to develop nice looking charts is not easy and printing them is not possible.