4.8
4.6
4.7
Bill W.
Industry: Warehousing

Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas - Why Phocas has increased our productivity!

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Overall we are very happy with this product. It has opened the door for getting information to our teams much faster and it also created a new full time position for data analysis! The flexibility of being able to create our own databases, & adding to existing databases has increased our ability to share information to our teams in a easy to view format instead of sending spreadsheets that some people did not look at.

Pros

It is very easy to use! I can show someone the basics in 5 to 10 minutes and they are off and running creating favorites and dashboards. The software is updated every month and their support and documentation is outstanding.
The product gives us the information we need faster than doing it in our ERP system. With a couple of clicks you can analyze you sales data and then quickly change views to look at the data in a completely different way. It very robust in all the options you have.
The company is developing based on their customer needs, you can tell that they all want to help us achieve success with this product.

Cons

This is hard to say because their are few cons. We have requested enhancements and we have some support issues that are submitted. But we have no visibility , (web portal), to review what we already submitted. It would be nice to have a support portal to check open cases and enhancements we have submitted.

Shirley M.
Industry: Retail

A Game Changer!

Reviewed on 13/10/2019

the data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.

Pros

the ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!

Cons

There is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!

Vinod D.
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Best BI in the market

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Team at Phocas has been very customer focused, easy to deal with. We have used this software for almost 2 years and have changed the way we do business today as all information is only a few clicks away.

Pros

The ease to use and train employees on this BI tool makes it best in the market. The power of building your own databases, customizing reports and the level of customer service is outstanding.

Cons

There isn't much I don't like about this software.

Agnes D.

Marketing Manager

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Phocas allows me to track the results of sales promotions with ease. It also lets me focus in on under performing product classes and identify the root cause. It's one of the best software programs we have.

Erin D.

phocas review

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

I would say it is a positive experience helps me track what sale are most profitable. I would 100% recommend it to anyone looking to grow sales.

Pros

It is so useful to be able to track my sales and returns. It also has many great features for tracking sales and proformance.

Cons

its not always easy to find things and it doesn't always update.

Dan B.

Great Sales Aid

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Very easy to use and love the ability to quickly frill down information.

Pros

Being able to pull customer data quickly. I can identify customers opportunities and successes with the sales data.

Tara O.
Industry: Construction

makes my job a whole lot easier//...

Reviewed on 29/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

All in all great product and I would highly recommend

Pros

its user friendly and easy to get around, produces reports quickly, analysis of data is at your fingetips

Cons

Customising reports can be hard to navigate around

George C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The best way to overcome and compliment the traditional spreadsheet model for analysing your business.

Reviewed on 29/06/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

An easy to use and intuitive way to segment audience, sales and kpi's
Simple user interface
Continued development

Cons

Adding new data sources as an end user
Not being able to automate feeds from Phocas into other databases or systems

Julia M.
Industry: Retail

Eastbrook Review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Does help me to identify which areas within my customers business need growth. Information is given in a clear and concise way.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Easy to navigate.

Cons

Sometimes can be very slow. Have to press CTRL & F5 to clear it.

Jeff B.
Industry: Automotive

Business Analytics Made Easy

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Pros

The ability to manipulate your data and creat reports that benefit our business

Cons

No issues at this time. The implementation and ease of use is great.

Susan G.

Awesome!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I couldn't do my job without it!

Pros

Quick and easy to get the reports you need. Dashboards with summaries that you can drill down into.

Cons

So much at once is hard to take in and learn all Phocas can give you. Too much data can be overwhelming.

Jim M.
Industry: Wholesale

Phocas has helped us keep our salespeople on task

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Phocas software is great! We are just scratching the surface with what it can do and look forward to using this more.

Pros

We have used Phocas since 2008 and have always liked how fast we can generate reports. The reports that I have setup to e-mail keep me informed on key indicators in our business. We started using CRM a couple of years ago and like how easy it is for our salespeople to enter calls on their mobile device.

Cons

I would like to see a better way to track and run reports on leads in CRM. Sometimes upgrades and support take a little longer the we would like.

Alan M.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Cost effective Management Information

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

This replaced "hand crafted" Excel and VBA sheets over a 10 day period to the consumer , we then developed Phocas to suit our needs and one drop of data updates all users with all views in 1 day.

Pros

Ease of use , ability to develop our own customised views , one change updates all consumers of the views , scalable - we can add more data and create relationships to enrich existing views to the consumer , Enable better decision making data in dashboard views allowing the consumer to pic and choose what is important today .
We have never looked back - we chose Phocas in 2013 to feed our front end business with tailor made views of data to enable swift decision making - we developed our support team to self create views from data feed through to data visualisation - this replaced our Excel and VBA sheets that were people hungry to produce - now we simply load our data periodically and the consumer can a see "all they want to see when they want to see it "

Cons

Understanding how the background of the product , as we decided from day one that we would be self sufficient in all our development needs and not many businesses had taken this approach with Phocas at that time.

Bo A.

Very User Friendly Software

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's a great tool at a great value and it keeps improving. If you don't know what you're doing this team is more than happy to help you get off the ground and train you and set up your initial databases, they'll help you succeed.

Pros

The support team is great and very helpful. The software is very easy to learn for new users and people that aren't comfortable with an analytics tool. The tool is very intuitive and you can start doing analysis very quickly.

Cons

The Custom function does add depth of functionality, but it's hard to do certain formulas like Maxs, Mins, or Standard Deviations. The amount of graphics and charts is increasing but it would still be nice to have more.

Rebecca D.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Phocas - Exceptional software with amazing support.

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Phocas have been an amazing help with streamlining our business processes. Not only is it easy to gain insights into our market, the team at Phocas have made it as quick and easy as possible by setting up automatic synchronisations from our accounting software directly to Phocas so we always have the latest data on hand without any effort at all. A favourite tool for the staff here and can't recommend it enough.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation, ability to customise and a perfect support team!

Cons

The functionality is awesome, only think I can think of is to give more options with custom formatting dashboards.

Christopher L.

Phocas Software review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Sales and profit information by customer and product line is instantaneously available. I do not know how we functioned without it. Grat tool to analyze sales and profitability

Pros

Information Availability and speed of access to queries

Cons

We cannot link our customer price matrix database to our sales information

Dianne M.
Industry: Building Materials

Love Phocas!

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Pros

I have been a Phocas user for a couple of years. Being a SHIMS user, we are always looking for software to enhance it and make the end users lives easier. Phocas has been a great fit for us.

Cons

We started using the CRM database about 6 months ago. After a somewhat rocky start, the salesforce is finally embracing the technology.

Olivia G.

Simplified Tool for business data

Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I'm able to see various snapshots of all the data that drives my business decisions in one place - and even better - I am able to slice and dice the data in different ways so as to get in depth analysis when needed

Cons

Not in real time (at least for my organization) - the data downloads every night so we have to wait until next day to see numbers up until the previous day

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tom F.

Phocas delivers.

Reviewed on 26/03/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that the company is as easy to work with as their software. Great team, and a great product. Delivers the data we need to drive our business forward. This offering is flexible and tailored to your needs. Its both lighter and more simplified than comparable offerings and still delivers a powerful punch of data.

Cons

No complaints. Not even a little bit. Product and Customer service are outstanding.

Anne C.

phocas - easy

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

I check my clients what they are purchasing - and compare over 12 month period - very helpful in meetings - opens discussions. Client also likes to see their order history.

Pros

Clear - easy to use and find the information I require

Cons

Have not found anything yet! I love the software has all the information I need to conduct my business on a day to day routines.

Rob P.
Industry: Consumer Electronics

Progressive Reporting package adding value

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Phocas has made Monthly reporting made easier to put together and share with the team. Implementation was relatively straight forward. Priced about right.

Pros

Simple to use
Modern and up to date software
Graphics and Dashboard are value adding
Training opportunities
Web based - access anywhere

Cons

Relies on good internet connection (obviously)

Sam M.
Industry: Building Materials

Phocas review

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Insights into where customer spend is dropping off, or margin being eroded can be instantly visible.

Pros

Flexibility - you can drill down into almost anything with no pre-set barriers

Cons

It can be complicated to get your head round how to find what you want sometimes..

Jared L.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Super User Friendly and Powerful Tool!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Phocas is super easy to use and a powerful tool for our management team. It is easy to get our staff up and running on the platform.

Cons

I wish it had more options for combining streams and plotting the data on using both the horizontal and vertical axis.

Industry: Automotive

Phocas

Reviewed on 25/05/2020

Overall we have had a positive experience with the software.

Pros

Very intuitive to navigate and manipulate data.
Reports are good.

Cons

Have had some issues with the data syncing.

Patrick M.

Director of sales.

Reviewed on 23/03/2015

Phocas can provide a quick drill down into our data that before would take a while to obtain. Now, we can do it in seconds.
The package is so big, it can be too big for some users. Continuing to educate our people on what they can look at, and why some views are important will continue to help us familiarize ourselves with the program and create new ways to dissect the information.
Everyone I have made contact with truly want to help so we can use what we are paying for to the best of our advantage. We are excited to send two employees to the training session in Nashville. I believe it will be a great benefit.