4.3
Dale G.
Industry: Music

Great User Interface, Not So Great Everything Else

Reviewed on 01/10/2018

Due to the server issues, we did move on from Freshmail to Mailchimp, but I wouldn't say Freshmail is all that bad, they just need to do a little housekeeping, tidy up those servers and consider making English the first language of the business.

Pros

The thing that attracted me to Freshmail's email marketing platform was that, to me, it seemed to give more flexibility in terms of getting creative with the interface than other alternatives such as Mailchimp. The templates seem to have more personality and, design-wise allowed a greater level of creative freedom.

Cons

Here's the problem - I just don't think Freshmail has the cleanest servers. Unfortunately, we had issues with emails being marked as spam and had difficulties with the Freshmail customer service team in resolving this. Also, there were a few language barriers at times as they are based out of Poland and you'd find the software having random splashes of Polish now and then.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Sebastian B.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Design Manager

Reviewed on 25/08/2017

In the company where I work one of my duties is creating email marketing campaigns. With the system I used before, everything was much more complicated and it took me a lot of time to create responsive newsletters. Since I started with FreshMail, everything is much easier and I can't believe I wasted so much time before!

Pros

Setting up a campaign is very easy. Everything in the system is well organized and easy to follow and making your own beautiful newsletter is easy. Moreover, I like the wide range of free responsive templates.

Cons

Marketing automation features are not too advanced. I'd like to see tighter connection with Google Analytics so I could segment based on GA dimensions and metrics.

Hadley K.

Great price for the value. The system is easy to learn and to set up

Reviewed on 04/07/2017

Pros

Segmentation, autoresponders, personalization and email testing. Great campaign editor, very intuitive.

Cons

More direct integrations! I am able to go around it with Zapier but it takes more time to set up. Apart from that good

Michal L.

Very good email marketing platform.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Pros

Very easy to use. Vera affordable. A lot fo features. Very intuitive for users. Easy to set up and strat using.

Cons

No webinar module, which compared to getresponse is a problem. But if you don't need webinars it's ok.

Alex P.

Great tool

Reviewed on 04/06/2015

The after campaign reports are really good and easy to understand. I was a bit intimidated by them at first but once I understand what I was looking at, everything just kind of `clicked in my head. Understanding the reports made me feel like I was really making progress because you can see the stats behind every aspect of your campaign. The reports also give you motivation to do better next time because you feel like you need to get higher numbers every time.

Pawel S.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016

David V.

Save Your Money/Time

Reviewed on 26/11/2016

Service is terrible. It was easy to set up and use until one day they randomly deactivated my account. I tried for 3 weeks to get this fixed. 3 Weeks is way too long to fix my email service. I went back to Aweber, service is much better. If you run into an issue with Freshmail they are terrible. Go use another email service other than Freshmail.

Pros

The templates are great and easy to set up.

Cons

Service is horrid and slow. Especially for this day and age.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Helen M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great autoresponders

Reviewed on 02/09/2015

You pay for the amount of sent messages which is perfect for small retailers. Autoresponders can help you to reorganize your communication.

Pros

It took me a while before I was brave enough to try some of the advanced features like autoresponders but once I did I saw how easy they are to set up. Can’t believe I didn’t do it earlier! Thanks to autoresponders you can set up the message once and it will be sent each time another customer will buy a selected product or click onto a given link.

Cons

It’s not fully marketing automation yet.

Vito K.

Great support than I can count on day or night

Reviewed on 23/10/2016

I moved to FreshMail after using Mailchimp for a bit. I'm using a free account now since my subscriber base is rather small.

The thing I like most is the great selection of templates they have and the intuitive process for everything. They have great testing options as well and lots of help in making your message in a way that will avoid spam filters. Advanced database segmentation lets me deliver very targeted content to my subscribers. And the customer support is really helpful and professional.

I just wish that I could share templates with coworkers using the free version but apparently you can do that in paid version. When my subscriber base gets there, I'll move up to it.

Olaf N.
Industry: Cosmetics

Great tool

Reviewed on 23/05/2015

I’m sending up to 4 campaigns every week and I usually I’m setting all the campaigns at once. It’s really easy to do it in FreshMail. Also I can easily compare the results of my campaigns. Reporting system is really detailed and easy to read. Also I appreciate the Code Inspector as sometimes it helps you to avoid the problems with HTML. I don’t understand autoresponders are divided by names - for me it’s confusing. I’d like to have the possibility to select the options later than at the very beginning. However, I think that this system has high standards.

Pros

I like the ability to design exactly what I can see in my head with FreshMail Designer. It took me about 30 min of playing around with it before I was comfortable but that’s no big deal. You can customize everything and even simple designs still look good.

Cons

Not much, perhaps the fixed steps for campaign creation. You can’t start with selecting template for example.

Erica P.
Industry: Internet

Intuitive newsletter tool

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Pros

With FM I can make my communication with contractors easily and automatically. I have design tools, beautiful free mailing templates, autoresponders. I pay only for sent messages - very good for small businesses. It has very good statistics, so I can analyse almost everything such as reads, clicks, signouts etc. Everything in cloud. ... great!!

Cons

I do not see any weaknesses of this software yet

Dave A.
Industry: Entertainment

Easy to use, templates, support

Reviewed on 22/09/2016

I'm new to Freshmail and I can share my first impressions. I never realized that making my own newsletter was that easy. It was really easy to find my way around the designer and make exactly what I wanted. They have lots of templates that you can just start with and customize the way you want. The process is really simple and a big plus.

On the down side, I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to integrate certain plugins with google analytics. I'll just have to leave it for someone else to help me with.

Oh, and another thing I liked was getting free newsletters from freshmail with advice and tips on making great campaigns - a nice extra for people like me just starting out.

Conrad W.
Industry: Internet

I send a lot of emails. Regular newsletter, mailings and autoresponders. Sometimes things go wrong a

Reviewed on 30/06/2017

I own an agency that sends emails for clients. We are happy that all emails display correctly on different devices, so we don't need to put much work into design.

Pros

Very intuitive tool, I didn't need much time to master it. Also customer support is very responsive and prompt.

Siobhan A.

Really gorgeous email marketing software

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Pros

If you're a design junkie and want really beautiful branded emails, ditch Mailchimp and get this. Drop and drag design, multiple easy ways to import mailing lists, good stats and recommendations on how to get more opens and actions. Just great.

Cons

Little bit pricey once you exceed the free plan, although in line with Mail chimp and other big names. Sometimes buggy and looses edits if your Internet connection is unstable and not much option to design offline.

Leon A.

Easy to use and lots of cool advanced features

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

I really like FreshMail's advanced reporting system with campaign results. In the system I used before, I was never sure how to analyze my metrics. Now I can export the campaign data and put together cool reports for the boss man!

Tomasz W.
Industry: Research

Really good value

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

Freshmail gives You really good value. Every time we have to deal with huge mailings we use freshmail as our mailing service provider

Pros

Cons

can't see one

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Bernard S.
Industry: Computer Software

Does exactly what it's supposed to do and works well

Reviewed on 15/03/2016

The online interface is very intuitive to the users. We have people working in there that are anywhere from graphic designers and web developers all the way to traditional marketers without really a great deal of online experience, and because the tools are so easy to use, it has been a great tool for the entire marketing team.

Pros

I like the functionality of FreshMail Designer. You can change everything using drag & drop and there are tons of additional graphics and buttons to add. They also recently updated everything to make sure that templates adapt to mobile devices.

Cons

Integration into existing SaaS applications could be better and more diverse.

Luca H.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good tool for new business development

Reviewed on 23/10/2016

FreshMail is a great professional system for newsletters at a good price. I’ve been using it for almost a year and I haven’t had any problems yet. It’s simple to use I think a kid could get the hang of it.

Pros

The price is very reasonable. Customer support available 24-7. Nice looking campaign reports in real time.

Cons

I’ve had problems logging in to the system when they run updates.

Gillian T.
Industry: Media Production

Easy to use email marketing tool

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

I set up an account in FreshMail not long ago to start promoting my new e-store.

First impressions were good. Setting up a newsletter step by step is intuitive and adding graphics & creating the overall design is easy. You don't need to know anything about programming or graphic design to make something that looks great. I didn't think it would be this easy.

You arrange your newsletter by dragging and dropping blocks in the template. It's easy to combine text blocks and others with pictures and graphics and then edit everything the way you want it. When you're done you can save your template so you can start from there next time and just change the details.

After maybe an hour of experimentation the first time I worked with it, I can now make my own newsletter campaigns. If you don't want to make your own or don't have time you can also choose a ready made responsive template from their library.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Easy emailing creator

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Pros

This app is for me really easy emailing creator - both on the template and on my own imagination. I like also automate my emails campaign.

Cons

Sometimes I have a problem with setting any function because it is difficult to find ...

Alex r. H.
Industry: Accounting

Impressive newsletter templates design

Reviewed on 08/06/2015

Definately worth its price! I started from using the free account - which is time unlimited - just to test the possibilities and I liked it enough to switch from the other email marketing platform that i was using. Most of all the features or easy to use and thanks to guidelines in the system it’s easy to learn why and what you should do send a successful campaign. I also like the range of free responsive templates that you can use - it’s a real inspiration.

Pros

Free and time-unlimited trial account.

Cons

Phone support available only for paid accounts.

Kinga O.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

Krish M.
Industry: Computer Software

Everything that I need in an Email client

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Pretty good for email campaigns and newsletters, however for naive users, might take some time to figure out the fundamentals and API usage, apart from that it's worth the money

Pros

Quick responding methods and optimized conversations
Love the automation and templates

Cons

Plugins and integrations should be improved in terms of ease of installing them
Make better documentation or tutorials for using the API

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Matilda M.

Great Overall Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 15/03/2016

I started using autoresponders in FreshMail not long ago. I set up a cycle of training videos for my customers and now I can just set it up once and forget about it - it's all automatic. The system management is really easy and you don't have to have advanced knowledge to do things like use link tags or read campaign reports.

Bartosz W.