Issuetrak

Write a Review!
Report. Resolve. Relax. It starts with Issuetrak.

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.4/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Chad

Maillie Review of cloud base issuetrak - Chad Mohr

Reviewed on 16/03/2015

Before I was hired, Maillie was using no help desk software at all. We are a 100 person small accounting firm. I came from a 400 person pharma company in which I used and configured 4 help desk software before. I have used before Remedy, HP service center, Cherwell, Lifetime, and Frontrange ITSM. I am ITIL v3 certified and this product helps follow some of the ITIL methodologies. We trialed 8 hd systems. I deployed IssueTrak cloud to Maillie at end of Sept 2014. Our employees are gravitating to the system, we now average about 200 issues a month. The pros are:-easy setup/configuration. I did our company configuration needs in about 2 weeks, with the setup of mostly issue types and subtypes. The setup training was easy to follow and I didn't need all the hours. I revisited the hours when I was ready to make templates/forms for things like New Hire Requests. Sync to AD worked after you get the certificate loaded properly. We are using the asset trackpc.exe which pulls from a batch file at login the client and server machines info. Reports have been easy to generate and export to excel. We use tasks for access approval, software request, hardware request and change control. We now know who is approving it and when. Creating a kb article from a ticket is easy. Escalating an issues to a global issue and then linking issues to that global is very easy and it closes and updates notes with any modifications from that global issue. IssueTrak Support has been quick, effective and easy to talk to. I can tell IssueTrak invests money and time into their product they do take suggestions from their clients. The Cons are: sometimes a lot of windows get opened and then it's difficult to find screen you need. Everything works downwards on the page, the more fields you add the lengthier it gets. Be nice if you could just make fields go in open spaces on the page. When submitting an issue you should fill it out from top to bottom because if you have any custom screens, it changes the screen and fields below then are wiped.IE settings have to be set to show content. If two people have the same issue open, the last save takes presidents. Devices that cannot run trackpc.exe need to be entered. When submitting an issue, it would be nice if it automatically suggested a kb and not have to click the KB link which takes you away.
OVERALL, I am very pleased with IssueTrak and I would recommend it to anyone because it makes configuring, deploying and using hd software easier.

Response from Issuetrak

Chad, Great product review. Regarding the request to have IssueTrak automatically suggest a KB solution....I've seen that functionality demonstrated in a recent developers meeting. Just saying.... Customer feedback really does help define the product. Thanks again, Tony

Biswa

• Customer Support Software

Love to recommend IssueTrak!

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Well, they say it right! you've got issues. Keep track of them with IssueTrak. it is a standard ITIL driven application with user-friendly interface to track Issues for your organization or your customers. That's not end of it. It has standard and functionalities like Reports, Asset Management, Quick pick and Recurring Issues etc. which will make your life easier. It's not an high-end application though I guess small or mid sized organization will find it suitable. The best thing I like about IssueTrak that it captures labor hours of users, at each transaction, at each updates, at the end of day you can create a report and calculate how many hours you or your team had spent in a work or issues or projects etc. Isn't that interesting? I would love to recommend to anyone. Thanks IssueTrak!

Pros

Quick pick, Recurring Issues, Reports, Note captures Labor hours.

Cons

It's slow.
Email notification setup gets bug sometimes.
It lacks in connecting different modules like Organization, Users and Issue Type. Like you can not see what are the issue types supported by the organization if you are at the organization page. You can not add/remove groups from user if you are at the user page.

DJ

Lacking Key Features

Reviewed on 09/02/2016

I have used one other ticket tracking system before and for this system to allow multiple users to have the same issue open and editing is such an unfortunate design flaw. Make sure you have a rock-solid process in place otherwise you will be reaching out to people via phone or email at the same time! This makes our group seem horribly inefficient. Also to allow multiple Assets with the same serial number to be entered successfully? How is that helping to eliminate the duplicate entry of inventory items? Not only were we told that these are not under design but not even prepared for future designs.

Response from Issuetrak

We appreciate your feedback. Both items you mention are good suggestions for improvement.

Many Issuetrak customers employ our "Assign To Me" feature so that agents can grab an unassigned issue from the queue. That issue is then removed from the queue, and other agents won't try to grab it. But this method doesn't prevent the problem you mention 100%. I checked UserVoice, and I see several other people have requested more robust handling of simultaneous updates. I contacted our product manager, and he says this is an issue we will be addressing.

The other problem isn't so clear-cut. There could be times when it is OK to have assets with the same serial numbers. What if they come from different manufacturers?

I see Arbitration Forums has been a customer for almost nine years! We've enjoyed working with you and your colleagues over the years.

If you have any more suggestions, please let us know, or feel free to put them directly into issuetrak.uservoice.com.

Th
  • Industry: Food Production

Lifesaver

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Overall the staff has been professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Overall the staff has been professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Issuetrak has been a lifesaver, cutting down on continues hours of data entry.From building the data base for our needs, to the customer support team for questions the staff has been professional, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

It took sometime ironing out our processes but it was a true team effort!

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for your honest review! We're delighted to hear that you have found Issuetrak to be a lifesaver for your business operations! Your feedback has been relayed to our Product team, but if you have any additional feedback about our software and how we can improve, don't hesitate to submit your ideas to our feedback form on our website, https://www.issuetrak.com/feedback, which goes directly to our Product team. Thank you again!

• Customer Support Software

We used it for end user issues tracking at active phase of the project

Reviewed on 19/06/2018

We've got some experience how to set up better process for our end-users issues tracking

Pros

What I liked the most is ability to configure custom processes per team.
Also if team-specific setup worked good for single team, it was easy to share it with other teams.
Most of our clients liked escalation feature. As we were a small team, sometimes reminder that some issue is on hold is too long on hold worked as additional motivational factor.
We also liked a feature, that allowed to set up custom rules for issues assignment. E.g. if someone is good at something or someone's action/approval is the first step of something, some kind of issues goes to him/her automatically.

Cons

They are good when you use only current set of features and experience no issues.
As soon as you experience an issue or wait for their software upgrade, timelines are really unpredictable (company has been working at different pace allover the time).

Bruce
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Not enough stars

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

Although I rate Issuetrak highly, by star reckoning, all categories look equally strong. This is not the case. Where these folk truly shine is in the Customer Support arena. These guys rock! And, they use their own software. Submitting an issue with them is just like what we do in our office. And seeing how they use their product gives us a better understanding how we may do things. Its great!
Please forgive my hasty opinions. I've only been using their product for almost 20 years. I could be wrong. BTW: We're hosted in the cloud now. Yeeha!

Pros

Its hosted.

Cons

When searching issues, cannot click back button. Must start search all over.

ASP programming scares me a little in this decade. Glad it is in the cloud for our security sake.

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for your kind words, Bruce. We appreciate feedback, both positive and constructive, and are always seeking ways to improve our offerings. I have documented your feedback concerning the functionality of search and the use of ASP and will share this information with our developers. Thanks again!

Jason

• Customer Support Software

It's like having a swiss army knife for business management

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Pros

Issuetrak has a great workflow, with easy to set up templates, this allows us to manage requests in a timely manner and get tickets assigned to the correct person and closed in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons

It does time you out rather quickly, it would be nice to be able to keep it open and not have t keep signing in every time I need to respond to a ticket

Response from Issuetrak

Jason, thanks for the review! We're so glad that Issuetrak has helped you manage requests. We also want to let you know that you can control the session timeout setting! If you are a Cloud customer, you should be able to do this yourself. To set the user session timeout, enter a value (in minutes) for the Session Timeout setting. (Note that this value must be less than the MVC application pool's recycle time in IIS.) If you are using Issuetrak on-premises, this is controlled by your own administrators. If we can help you any further, please don't hesitate to email Support!

Ed
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

On-Premise user - for about 4 years now...

Reviewed on 26/01/2017

as an IT dept, we have used IssueTrak to maintain all our Inventory, Contracts, Contacts, setup automatic reminders for Renewals...used PC-Trak (until recently) for Inventory.

we publish our internal info as KB articles and that comes in quite handy for little-used but very-important means of troubleshooting and knowledge transfer.

their tech support is super-responsive and there hasn't been a problem with their product that couldn't be resolved....suffice to say, we really haven't had that many 'issues' with it anyhow.

once you get your own concept down of the Hierarchy (global and such) then it's very simple to use...and customizable to way YOU want to 'think' or how u want to use it.

we did eval several other products 4 years ago, when we choose this...and haven't looked back.

Pros

customization , quick-pick setups for repetitive tasks/scenarios

Cons

small learning curve...but then is easy-peasy

Nick
Nick

• Customer Support Software

Good stuff. Solved a bunch of issues we had for years.

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

I am spending less time managing issues and more time doing what's important.

I am spending less time managing issues and more time doing what's important.

Pros

It just organizes everything nicely and gets everything out and visible to the submitters and engineers.

Cons

It doesn't do everything but what it does do is good. I would like to see engineers have the ability to self assign issues of their choice but still not be able to affect assignment of others.

Sean

Overall Good Value and Decent System

Reviewed on 04/03/2016

The IssueTrak system is overall a good product, but is held back by some built in limitations. For basic ticketing and tracking purposes it is a great value. Limited customization prevents you from fully fitting the software into an existing support model or the ITIL framework.

Pros

The built in KB and issue escalation rules are nice. The reporting is pretty good once you get a hang of it. The AD integration works well overall. Support has been great when it was needed, and the company seemed very interested in feedback for possible future improvement.

Cons

Lacks the ability to customize email intake and agent interface. The Task feature of the tickets is pretty poorly implemented and is usable mainly only for done/not done type tasks where no notes are required.

Scott

• Customer Support Software

Great software for phone or email support issues.

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Daily usage for our customer support center.

Daily usage for our customer support center.

Pros

We use this software to handle incoming support calls and emails. We point our voice mail server to send the voicemails and forward our support email addesss as well to IssueTrak which then creates a support tickets. IssueTrak Runs and does what it is supposed to do. Light footprint and easy to use. IssueTrak support is outstanding with training and support issues. I would highly recommend!

Cons

I would like to see Secure SSL email support added and better mail controls inside the Web management. The configuration could be a little easier to understand as far as rules and responses go but the support team will help you get it to do what you need.

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for the feedback Scott - we're happy to hear how happy you are with our product and support! The latest version of Issuetrak provides the functionality you're looking for - have you considered working with support and your account manager on upgrading?

Jakub
  • Industry: Chemicals

• Customer Support Software

We have implemented the Issue Trak across 25 countries in Europe from a scratch to a perfection...

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

Transparency on issue resolution and reporting purposes.

Transparency on issue resolution and reporting purposes.

Pros

We are not currently using all features available from Issue Trak but this system is continuously developing that we will have to integrate more system into Issue Trak - e.g. knowledge base, external/internal requests, proposals for product improvement/new product introduction, etc..

Cons

We would really appreciate multilingual version that may help us to use Issue Trak in more areas. Sometimes it was hard to understand all permissions that are given by Organization, department and user account settings e.g. if somebody sends you e-mail from the system you can see any issue that your permissions does not allow.

Caitlin

IssueTrak Product Review

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

We have been using IssueTrak for about three years now. We began using it as an issue tracking system for company and since it has evolved into so much more! We are now using it for IT/HelpDesk issues, Customer Service, and our VendorHelp platform. Any time we have a problem or need help with something with the site, the support team at IssueTrak is always prompt in assisting. I would recommend this to anyone and give 5/5 stars!

Pros

It's super easy to use and extremely functional. Whenever we need assistance with something, the support team is super helpful and fast.

Cons

The workflow is sometimes difficult to understand or get around when trying to set a certain user up with certain functionalities.

Rachel
  • Industry: Automotive

• Customer Support Software

The change management tool we needed!

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

Issuetrak not only improves my team's communication and prioritization of work, but it also helps keeps us ISO17025 compliant.

Pros

The product is user friendly, has great visuals in the Dashboard, and has the ability to automate notifications.
The training sessions and site configuration sessions with Issuetrak were key to a successful product launch at our facility.

Cons

It was difficult to get Active Directory/SSO working correctly during launch. IssueTrack does not play well with large corporate IT cybersecurity policy.

Peter
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Issuetrak rocks!

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

The customer service, professionalism and support is phenomenal.

The customer service, professionalism and support is phenomenal.

Pros

The "Bang for the Buck". The amount of features and functions is incredible!

Cons

The only item that I'd like to see worked on is the inability to change or modify some of the "set" fields.

Response from Issuetrak

Thank you for your honest review, Peter! We're happy to hear that you have found Issuetrak to be the best bang for your buck! We've also relayed your feedback about the set fields to our Product team so we can continue improving our software. Thank you again!

Judy
  • Industry: Textiles

• Customer Support Software

The technical support is the best that I have received anywhere.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

The ability to analyze repeat issues/concerns and utilize the data to justify IT expense to correct the issue.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and if there is an issue, help is just a phone call or e-mail away. Reports can be easily exported and the variety of extracting data is endless.

Cons

I would like the reports to show trend analysis, but that is not a deal breaker. Your reports are easily exported to Excel where you can manipulate the data in any way possible.

Felix
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

• Customer Support Software

Very, but very complete and adaptable App for the centralization control, documentation and...

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Pros

I love the orientation that has as information repository (trouble shoting and applications), the organization that shows in the escalation of incidents. the way that supports support through emails and calls. The reports, the indicators, one of the best tool for ticket management. 100% recommended

Cons

I do not have much against this App, notifications, roles and permissions are a bit rigged, the flexibility in customizing forms (adding fields) and POP messages and windows, tends and can uncontrolled the flow on the screens, is a little slow

Lynn

Workflow System

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

Pros

It's a good workflow product and is a temporary electronic storage system for our files

Cons

Want to be able to customize it more. Need to be able to rename attachments and easily merge them to another issue. Would also like to pick and choose attachments when emailing from the issue.

• Industry: Mental Health Care

• Customer Support Software

Used daily as a organizational communication routing tool.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Pros

Used daily as a organizational communication routing tool. I like going to a single location to document and having the data routed as needed to the appropriate recipients. I like the escalation process built in.

Cons

The reporting could be a lot better. The reporting options need to be more clearly defined, "how to".

Roland
  • Industry: Banking

• Customer Support Software

Efficient Help Desk and Support System.

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Retrieving information quickly for Decision making is key and this makes my superiors happy anytime am ble to retrieve information quickly. Just try it and you will love it.

Pros

A very reliable Help Desk and Support System which gives room for flexibility. very easy to use ones its set up. is very user friendly.

Cons

have been using this for a while haven't had a any flaws yet but at times it slows. Aside that this is a fanastic support system and will recommend to any one to try it.

Troy
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

• Customer Support Software

Verify intuitive issue tracking tool

Reviewed on 31/08/2017

Issue tracking hence the name
Workflow and building repeatable tasks for standard operating...

Issue tracking hence the name
Workflow and building repeatable tasks for standard operating procedures

Pros

Easy to administer and configure
Good rich feature set and customization
Customer support is excellent

Cons

Would be nice to have a custom landing screen, for self help.
It would be nice to support concurrent licensing

Brenda
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Great Ticketing System and more!

Reviewed on 09/08/2016

We have used Issuetrak for 7 years and it is the most reliable ticketing system I have ever used. It's a great product for tracking, escalating and creating tickets.

Pros

The ease of use. First off it's easy to setup and maintain. Once it is setup it's like set it and forget it. It just works.

Cons

Really no cons about this product.

Sandi

IssueTrak Review

Reviewed on 03/11/2017

IssueTrak is #1 in my book.

IssueTrak is #1 in my book.

Pros

Knowledge Base, sends out email and text alerts when a new issue comes in, and the Support people are THE BEST! Having a database there of all OPEN and CLOSED issues. The ability to send out mass emails to all users.

Mary
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

IssueTrak has be a great product for us for years and do not see any reason to look for...

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Ease of tracking issues in our organization.

Ease of tracking issues in our organization.

Pros

Being able to assign calls to groups / people and having the emails sent automatically to the people that need to know the call exists.

Cons

At this time it is not working great in Edge.

Gary
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Easy to use and search for prior issues

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

Pros

I can search for any "keyword", and can easily limit the search based on date, assignee, etc.

Cons

Sometimes the search can be slow if I do not limit by a date or other parameter.