Schedulefly

Restaurant employee scheduling software

4.9 /5 (81 reviews) Write a Review!

Travis T.

• Customer Support Software

Solid, thorough, no b.s. frills, quality industry specific program w/ TOP notch customer...

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Already stated. It's good stuff.

Pros

It works, it's consistent, it eliminates so many unnecessary miscommunications, it empowers our crew and allows flexibility with scheduling across the board, whilst strengthening the teamwork mentality. It keep everyone accountable and connected without being invasive. The Schedule Fly crew are committed to their product and live it through their customer support as well as involvement in the restaurant industry as a whole.

Cons

Haven't found one yet. It is simplistic, functional and thorough by design, happy customer for several years now.

Price B.

We all love it!

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

We have 4 locations and have been using Schedulefly for the past 12 years. It is great a management tool and the most efficient way to communicate, handle schedule requests, write, post and change schedules. Everyone appreciates the ease of use.

Pros

Communicate with the entire team with one message
Makes scheduling a breeze
Our teams love it

Cons

We haven’t found any cons in the 12 years we have used Schedulefly

Ross C.

Schedulefly...making schedule management easy

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

It enables our users to do everything...time off requests, schedule availability and approvals are crystal clear and easily managed by our managers and staff.

Cons

No issues at all...it really fulfills all of our needs.

Alexa P.

• Customer Support Software

Schedulefly is the best scheduling program on the market.

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Pros

Schedulefly is very easy to use. The customer service is second to none. My staff loves the program.

Cons

Some of the servers wish that the program was on an app. I personally like that it is not app based

David C.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to submit time off and easy to approve/decline shift trades.

Cons

An app would make it easier and maybe a little quicker to use.

Rachel G.

• Customer Support Software

Great program with mobile app and free trial option

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

Pros

This program seems to have a lot more bells and whistles than a lot of other scheduling apps. I was impressed from the start. They also offer a free trial!

Cons

The pricing is a bit expensive but you do get more features for the cost. To be an administrator with this software can be time-consuming as you learn all of the bells and whistles at first.

Alexander J.

Schedulefly Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Schedulefly was our go-to option for quite a while across our restaurants. We have transitioned away from it (or are in the process of transitioning) to a new piece of software with greater reporting capacity.

Pros

Schedulefly is easily readable and provides decent scheduling and flexibility. The communication component and ability to attach files is helpful.

Cons

Schedulefly's reporting functionality is limited. We used it in tandem with other software for clocking in and clocking out.

Jordan D.

Schedulefly review

Reviewed on 15/09/2019

Pros

It is easy to use and is designed well. One of the better scheduling tools I have seen.

Cons

Some of the features appeared to have issues. Mobile notifications wouldn’t always work.

Aiden W.

Reviewed on 02/05/2016

Scott S.

• Customer Support Software

Best Scheduling Software for the money!

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

The team at Schedulefly are always available and very easy to get in touch with. They are very responsive and I have not ever had an issue that wasn't resolved very quickly. This is my favorite scheduling software because it gives you the ability to do everything you need it to do without paying for a bunch of options that you will never use.

Pros

Ease of use and function. Very simple to use and allows you to get the information you need.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that has been a con with this software. It is very easy to use and gives me all of the information that I want.

Dustin H.

Really helpful online scheduling

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

I really like how it easy it is to create very unique schedule that caters to the business needs. The website makes it easy for employees to trade shifts and stay connected to allow everyone to be aware of upcoming events.

Cons

I don’t really have anything negative to say about the software, all around very helpful.

Ryan M.

Observations

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

The software helps us keep all scheduling in line while ensuring our employees are responsible for their own time off requests and pick up needs. The message wall is helpful to get a message out to the entire team.

Pros

I like being able to have a view of a schedules draft while being able to edit. It is also helpful they do not need to be both set to the same position.

Cons

It would be helpful to have a feature that lists a prefers to work and does not prefer to work designation that each employee can fill out. Sometimes employees will try to use their time off requests to accommodate their preferences, not necessarily their actual availability.

It would also be helpful to have shift swaps made clear, separate from shift pick ups.

The mobile version of the site doesn't allow me to see a quick view of the schedule for the day of the pick up request.

Patience V.

Schedulefly makes scheduling easy

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Everyone is on board with how to use it so avaialbility gaps have been closed and shift trading is easy!

Pros

I enjoy how easy to use this software is. User friendly. Very organized. Easy to update information. Clean and to the point.

Cons

I would like to see a mobile app for easy access on a mobile device. Alos would like to be able to trade shifts the day of. The software only allows within a 24 hour time window but some employees need same day swaps

Response from Schedulefly

Patience, thank you for the nice review! We've got an easy shortcut for you for your mobile device. Shoot us a note to [email protected] and we'll show you. Also, your employer has a setting in place preventing shift trades within 24 hours. That setting can be changed by them to enable same-day shift trades.
Thanks!
Wil (member of the Schedulefly crew)

Jessie K.

• Customer Support Software

ScheduleFly is the best - we highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

We became more organized and efficient!

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use, but also comprehensive in its scope. It takes care of our scheduling (obviously), but also our staff communication & messaging. It even helps us track staff birthdays! We have several restaurants and it is easy to toggle between them - another plus!

Cons

Really, I can not think of one negative. We are looking forward to growing with them as we add more restaurants.

Hannah T.

LOVE ScheduleFly!

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

We have been able to lower labor cost, increase the ease of distribution of training documents, communicate with staff members on an official platform, and made scheduling easy!

Pros

ScheduleFly is easy to use, customer service is fantastic and employees love the simple interface. I have used this software across 13 restaurants at one time and the benefits for labor cost are incredible!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like! ScheduleFly is amazing!

Keith P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

User-Friendly for the entire staff

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Schedulefly allows our managers to focus on other tasks besides changing and managing schedules. The staff can be responsible for their own changes, etc...

Pros

Not only has our FOH staff enjoyed the product, the BOH staff also has really welcomed the different options of managing their schedules on their mobile devices.

Cons

I wish it was compatible with our POS system to help manage early clock-in times.

Dustin S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Pro outfit! Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

A lot of times you do not get the personal support that you need when integrating new technologies into your businesses. Any questions, changes, or simple explanation that was needed the team was on it, nights/weekends didn’t matter. The functionality is great from a single location standpoint, but going multi location, the dashboard was great interface was great. Easy to teach my management, and for the first time in a while we are heading to target labor numbers due to templates, and the financial tie in. Scheduling with Schedulfly for the next year paid for itself in the first week! This team is great to work with.

Pros

Easy access to multi location, great reporting tools with fully integrated labor financials.
Very user-friendly, great template saving capabilities, for speedy scheduling.

Cons

That currently we do not have a POS that integrates with Schedulfly, but we are picking up a new POS that will, and excited to see the full integration.

Jennifer D.

• Customer Support Software

I'm a manager and use schedule fly daily.

Reviewed on 30/06/2018

Pros

We hire an average of 150 people to our team for summer, it is the only way to keep track, forecast payroll budget and communicate our day to day needs. I like that we keep our staff accountable and proactive.

Cons

For me the flaws are with the proper use and staff. I think a better tutorial on the payroll forecasting functions would be helpful

David H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

• Customer Support Software

Schedulefly has been great for my company

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Schedulefly has helped our teams overall communication and helps keep labor costs in line.

Pros

So user friendly! Some of my staff are not very tech savvy and they love using the app.

Cons

I have no complaints. My only suggestion would be to allow for temporary schedule changes that revert back to the old schedule the following week. They may even have this.

Cody W.

Amazing!

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Really helps me keep track of multiple location and makes schedule building easy for my managers.

Pros

Love the ease of use, multi-unit dashboard, reports, templates and of course podcast!

Cons

The way text messages get formatted when I send out messages from the software.

Molly M.

We love ScheduleFly!

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

I love the commitment that we feel from Wil and the ScheduleFly staff. They make you feel like you're an old friend. They are in this business for the right reason, to make people's lives better and more efficient, and it shows. We love the crew at ScheduleFly!

Pros

As the Communications Director, I love being able to easily send along exciting updates to all of our staff, via text or email. ScheduleFly makes it easy for me to communicate with each of our restaurant concepts. From what I've heard from the folks that do scheduling, they love the software too.

Cons

Can't think of a thing! Everything about it is pretty seamless.

Adam G.

Great System!

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Posting training documents to hold staff accountable, scheduling.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to communicate effectively with staff, and post documents.

Cons

Printability of time off requests and maybe some other reports.

Brent T.

Perfect for us!

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

We’ve been with Schedulefly for years. It’s perfect for our needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Able to communicate with staff at a moment’s notice.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say. They’re great.

Rayme R.

• Customer Support Software

Schedulefly is more than just a scheduling platform; They make my business run more smoothly.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

Pros

Accessible to every employee and easy to use. I can use it on my phone and IPad. I love the daily crib sheet function.

Cons

I can't say there is really anything.

Erica P.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

• Customer Support Software

I recommend SF to all of my friends

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Pros

The ease of use. Makes life easy and schedules simple.

Cons

works seamlessly- no complaints! I wish I found it sooner!