Schedulefly

Restaurant employee scheduling software

4.9 /5 (81 reviews) Write a Review!
4.9
4.7
Dave O.

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 17/01/2019

We have been using Schedulefly since 2014 and loving every minute of it. From the first time we posted the schedule, and someone wanted to trade a shift - we directed right to Schedulefly. The ease of use for this system is absolutely amazing, while offering a level of detail you would find in systems costing thousands of dollars. There are so many cool features about Schedulefly - the one that we love the most is how the Company is run. When you call Schedulefly, you don't get sent to a call center with people reading a script - you actually talk with one of the 5 guys that created the system. In the years that we have used the system, we have called about 4 times, not for issues, but for adding a location, or asking for a little guidance on a report. Each call was answered by one of the guys and they were very pleased to talk with us, and guide us int the right direction. The system is so intuitive, you can be up and running in no time. The schedule is sent via text and/or email, along with being on the home screen for the user, you can view the schedule in graph (coverage) format, by person or by department. We have eliminated our manager log, as everything is recorded on the system. I absolutely love to tell our new hires about Schedulefly, and always get great feedback from the users. Rep. have created an amazing, value-added system - my review can't even do it justice. Thank you Schedulefly Team!

Pros

Schedulefly's ease of use is amazing. Amazing level of detail. Value-added reports, team messaging, system dashboard for all locations, post to one or all locations. Zero learning curve for new hires. Affordable pricing plans. When people here we use an online system they love it. Web based app for mobile device. Shift transfers and time off request take no time, and you can track for each team member. Hours and hours of schedule preparation has been cut down to minutes for every department manager.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found an issue with the service

Elissa H.

I Love Schedulefly

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Schedulefly is especially great for a restaurant setting. We hire a lot of students and professionals in other industries with already busy schedules. Our staff enjoys the ease of switching shifts without having to come in to hand write on a paper schedule. The format is very clear and organized in a fast paced environment. There is also a great support system if any questions arise. I have already recommended using Schedulefly to friends of mine in the same industry, and they really enjoy it as well!

Pros

I really enjoy using this software. It makes the schedule very straightforward for the schedule makers and scheduled employees. Our employees really like the ease of checking schedules on their phone, the ability of switching shifts, and having communication with each other. I highly recommend using Schedulefly!

Cons

N/A - I have really liked it all - if I ever have a question the Schedulefly team is there to help me.

Sarah G.

Amazing customer service

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

We've had a fantastic experience with Schedulefly. We started using it with our first restaurant and as we've grown we've continued to use it.

Pros

The ability to communicate to our entire staff. We use the message wall for everything, and it's super user friendly and staff never miss a memo. We also sometimes communicate across all four restaurants in our group through a convenient dashboard which has eliminated the need for back and forth between managers.

Cons

Sometimes the schedule can be a bit difficult to read for some of our larger teams, but there's different ways to print so we work around it.

Industry: Food & Beverages

Very handy tool for a restaurant business

Reviewed on 11/08/2018

Pros

Makes giving up and picking up shifts super simple, it also keeps everyone in the restaurant updated on all changes so everyone is on the same page, which is very helpful for a restaurant with over 75 employees

Cons

I have not found a con yet, it's very user friendly. Small or large restaurant, this software will make your life so much easier!

Claire P.

Schedulefly Review

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

I love how easy schedulefly is to use. Training new hires to use the website is seamless and so straightforward. It makes time off requests so easy to schedule around. It’s just an awesome website to help communicate with staff.

Cons

I haven’t really had any issues with schedulefly so far. A full app would be cool!

Kelsey W.

Monen Family Restaurant Group

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Overall , it is very easy and helps me be able to create a schedule quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Very user friendly for staff to figure out how to use!

Cons

I would like to be able to create new shift "in" times in real time rather than having to exit the schedule I am currently working on and go back to the page to add in a whole new shift time.

Justin M.

Makes my LIFE easier

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Being a manager of a restaurant with numerous employees, it becomes a struggle trying to keep up with every ones availability. Schedulefly has made it so I don't have to and I am able to spend the hour that i was using to remember everyone's schedule to actually focus on my work. Thank you Schedulefly Soulshine Pizza in Flowood thanks you very much.

Pros

being able to run reports. knowing when my employees have viewed their schedule.

Cons

not having an actually app but I am able to put the web page on my home screen

Luke D.
Industry: Restaurants

Employee Scheduling software for a budget that works

Reviewed on 27/04/2019

For bottom dollar, it is a very good option. Much better than paper and pencil. Solid communication platform for staff too. Great entry level for someone with minimal needs

Pros

Very easy to use for managers and staff. Scheduling and budgeting simple but effective. Minimal set up

Cons

Internet worked fine for it. No app available which isn’t a deal breaker but at the time website was not optimized for mobile browsing

Tenley M.
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Schedulefly Rocks

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Time saver for staff using Schedulefly. Also makes employee trading shifts, giving up shifts and accepting shifts so much easier.

Pros

Very User Friendly. Great for multiple locations or single locations.

Cons

I have not seen any cons with this software.

Gina S.

I love schedulefly

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

I would highly recommend.

Pros

This software is extremely functional and easy to use. It is great when scheduling for multiple venues.

Cons

I cant think of anything, any issues customer service rectifies in a timely manner.

Angela S.

SFis a great service. It offers busy people and easy to use platform for my team to stay connected!!

Reviewed on 30/06/2018

Pros

This product is so easy to use :) It makes scheduling a breeze. I love that I can copy shift and weeks. I also love that we can keep track of people b-days. WE love to celebrate our employees!!!

Cons

Scheduling is tedious task. It requires patience and attention. SF makes all this easy, but I still have to do it.... I wish I did not !!

Zach O.

Schedulefly review

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

The employees find it very convenient

Pros

I liked how easy it is to adjust the schedule when work times changed.

Cons

Requesting time off can be a little confusing

William C.

Good to be back!

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Pros

-familiarity
-click on employee and get contact info
-company messaging

Cons

The process of making a schedule I have found to be very inefficient

Chris B.

Rockefeller / Primo / Captain Kidd’s

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Labor is in line

Pros

Easy ... detailed ... and efficient
Great software

Cons

None ... this software is simple and has kept our payroll low

Does what it says

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

Pros

It was fairly easy to load everyone's data and to invite new employees to use the platform. Two different ways to view the schedule and a pretty straight forward process to trade shifts.

Cons

It is very slow very often on multiple tech devices.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ashley W.
Industry: Events Services

Great website

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Pros

I like how you get your schedule on there you can also request days off and also add messages for everyone to see

Cons

I loved everything about it it's a great site

Paul D.

Easy Scheduling, Mostly Intuitive

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Pros

We never have any confusion on our schedules, or complaints about lack of communication because Schedulefly makes it easy to communicate with the whole staff. The value of that ease is well worth the subscription.

Cons

While the program is mostly intuitive, there are a couple spots that took a bit of looking to find. Nothing major, just not perfect.

Julian B.

Great product

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

Ease of use and overall functionality is the best part of this product.

Cons

That it doesn't translate to other needs (ordering, staffing, etc...)

Brett R.

Schedulefly- Use as employee

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Pros

Can see my schedule online. Email alerts for schedule changes. Can see who I am working with!

Cons

No real issues. Perhaps too many emails, but that is my employer not schedulefly. Maybe an opt out for certain departments?

Arly B.

Love the crib sheet!

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Pros

The things that I like most about this software is the swap feature and the crib sheet.

Cons

The things I like least about this software is the scheduling template and that there is no app

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Patrick S.

Great scheduling application

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

Very intuitive and user-friendly . Both admin and employee portals are easy to navigate.

Cons

Would like to see a time and attendance feature added in the future

Dan W.

Not great

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

Ease of scheduling and setting people's availability on a laptop or desktop. Not hard to add new users.

Cons

There's no app for Schedulefly at least when we stopped using it as a company. In today's day and age, this is crucial.

Devon M.

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

It's a very cost effective solution and works for what it's intended for. But you don't get some add ons that are common with other software

Pros

It's simple and cheap. But it works for what it is supposed to do.

Cons

The user interface is a bit clunky and dated.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Madeline P.
Industry: Education Management

Very organized

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 03/12/2019

This was a very positive experience. It was easy to make schedules.

Pros

This was a really user-friendly system to request time off, and view the schedule for the upcoming week.

Cons

I really cannot complain about this software. My restaurant no longer uses this because it is not compatible with our toast system

Ivy M.
Industry: Entertainment

Nice and simple, but maybe too simple?

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

One of our department heads had experience with this software from another job, and he was allowed to use it at our venue although the rest of our team uses Homebase.

That manager obviously loved Schedulefly, but the rest of our department heads did not prefer Schedulefly.

The manager has since moved away and we will be discontinuing the use of Schedulefly altogether.

Pros

This is a very stripped down scheduling solution with a low-tech feel.

I love the daily crib-sheet emails, showing the scheduled staff in a very simple text-based format.

I think that the way employees can be grouped by the roles they fill is much more intuitive and user friendly than with other solutions like T-Sheets or Homebase.

I like that the cost is not based on the number of active users.

Cons

Because our theater uses project-based cost accounting, it's frustrating that I cannot assign a customer or job code to a given shift.

I prefer a solution with an integrated time-clock function. I think you can get a time clock with schedulefly, but it comes at an additional charge.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10