HotSchedules

Scheduling and workforce management for restaurants

4.4 /5 (406 reviews) Write a Review!

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to schedule your employees

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Using for 7 years and if they would not keep changing the format I could say I love it. Anyhow it is great app for managers, easy quick access to employees list, phone numbers, emails and etc.

Pros

I'm doing schedules for my employees weekly and this app has few great features. Coping, modifying and automatically feeling schedules are only few of them.

Cons

Constantly changing the format. Right after I'm used to one they changing it again.

Anna W.

Great website

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

Pros

This has been the easiest program I have ever used for scheduling. It makes it so easy to view the whole shift!

Cons

I have not experienced any problems! It runs smoothly, and it is easy to navigate!

Eric F.

Restaurant Must have

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

As a former manager at a Texas Roadhouse, I was familiar with this software, and eager to bring it to my new venture. It immediately eliminated the use of paper schedules, and the chaos of employees switching shifts without making management aware. This increased both labor costs, and morale.

Pros

It’s easy to use, built for high volume restaurants. I took a restaurant that was still relying on paper, emailed schedules, and converted them to Bot Schedules. This eliminated issues of shift coverage changes, where we expected one employee, but another showed up, and all the associated communication issues.

Cons

It was much more difficult to order and install that I previously remember. Customer service in the sales department was definitely lacking just a touch. Once we got the ball rolling it was fine, but the initial sale was a bit rocky to start.

Paulina S.

• Customer Support Software

Much better then paper schedule

Reviewed on 25/05/2020

Very positive experience. Made my schedule less chaotic and gives me options to control my work days and days off much better without having to deal with manger directly lol

Pros

Having a restaurant job means cheotic schedule. It's never the same. Impossible to keep up with and memorize. My last job had hot schedules but my new job doesn't:/ it's a nightmare without it. I miss it so much. It is so convenient to pick up and realise shifts whenever I please. No need to call or txt my co workers. Everything is done thru the app. App is not free but cheap and worth every single penny. I love that I can request days off and my ability. Super convenient. You have to wait for manager to approve or not of your request. I can see who my co workers will be for the shift. I can see all phone numbers and emails of my co workers. Every restaurant should have this app. It's very easy as well so even my 70 year old co worker knows how to use it. Very well done .

Cons

Sometimes I get loged out and have trouble logging back in. It froze few times. Could use more color and some fun options like emoji me lol make work schedule more fun

Diandra D.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great scheduling ap

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

One of the best scheduling websites I've ever seen or used.

Pros

As a user, I love how easy this product is. You can view your schedule, see who else is working, and swap and release shifts without an issue. It has an easy to use web browser, and mobile ap (although you do pay for it) so you can use hotschedules whichever way you prefer. It also has a great messaging system which allows you to message entire groups of people at once (management, kitchen, servers). It also tells you how many people are ahead of you on a wait list for a shift you picked up. The autopick up function is excellent as well for when you need to get a shift and non are available.

Cons

I am not a fan of the most recent update. Prior, you would be able to "see all schedule" and see the entire week, alphabetically, where everyone was working etc. Now however, you can't see the weekly schedule at once and you need to click day by day. This can be challenging when trying to swap shifts with other staff, or see others schedules.

Rebekah D.

Great Features

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

It's been very useful and helpful in managing scheduling. The pros definitely outweigh the cons!

Pros

We use HotSchedules mainly for scheduling and messaging the team (direct messages, broadcasts). The scheduling features are great - we especially love that team members can swap and pick up shifts on their own, that saves us a lot of time. And the broadcast messages are great for getting important information out - everyone looks at their schedule, so everyone sees the broadcasts.

Cons

The website and app are very slow to use. Creating the schedule can be a pain as the interface is very slow, and the app will load for several seconds between each page while navigating. This can lead to some frustration.

Makes a restaurant run

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Internal communications and schedule notifications to a distributed workforce.

Pros

Hotschedules makes schedule creation and updates ridiculously easy. Not only can you input the schedules you need covered to receive optimization suggestions, but once you post the schedules, you don't have to track down your staff to inform them of their schedules.

Cons

When I utilizied Hotschedules my employees were not able to input one-off requests or identify preferred shifts, limiting the efficacy of the schedule optimization features.

There was also not an option to send internal communication notes to management emails so there was no way to verify when management was reading the information.

Michael B.

• Customer Support Software

Hot Schedules is easy to use and they have great customer support.

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

The opportunity to review a company that I use everyday. This is a more professional way of reviewing a company to help them to know what they are doing right and to possibly fix what they are doing wrong.

Pros

Ease of scheduling . We use the messaging every night to update all on how the day went. If there are any questions their customer support is easy to get a hold of and the problem has been fixed before hanging up. We like employees hour's tracking to keep everyone at or below 40 hours a week.

Cons

I don't like having to sign in everytime I want to use it. We would like to connect this to our POS system to have other tracking capabilities but there are additional fees for that.

Tiara H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

All in one scheduler and social exchange

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

Users can be grouped into categories based on department, allowing for effective communication without clutter. Also users' title and contact information is kept in a master directory readily available to other users. Another great feature is push notifications regarding company announcements, published schedules, and schedule changes. No need to constantly check the app for changes.

Cons

There is no free version of the app, which could be problematic for some employees. Although not expensive, some users don't like to pay for an app to view their schedule.

Ashley M.

• Customer Support Software

I used HotSchedules when I was a server in college.

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Pros

I absolutely loved HotSchedules!!! It was so easy to use, and so convenient to see my schedule in real time! It was also great to be able to send messages back and forth with other employees or mass emails for shift coverage. HotSchedules made my life as a server SO much easier and convenient!

Cons

There isn't much to complain about with HotSchedules. If I was going to suggest any change, it would maybe be to spruce it up a bit so it's a little more colorful. My schedule and messages were always in grey and black. Color isn't necessary, but it is a little more appealing.

• Customer Support Software

We utilize this program for our Catering company as a means to schedule & interact

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

Pros

Ability to not only schedule/message in-house full time staff, but keep a running log of single event staffing as well. As a catering company you have many bodies you must manage, especially when an individual only works one event for you and that's it. With HotSchedules we're able to tabulate this into our weekly labor costs and it gives the functionality to forecast.

Cons

It's sometimes very complicated to use. You don't always know where to go for what you need and the customer service can be a little tricky to navigate- you don't always hear back from them or they're tough to reach. That being said when you do get a human- they're very knowledgeable and can help you out 100%.

Ben A.

Hot schedules

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Customer service is good. Not a fan of them implementing new things like “rate your shift” which nobody used. They made me contact one of the owners to turn this feature off. That was ridiculous.

Pros

The software itself is easy to navigate. The customer support is good and quick to access. Generally solve my issues quickly.

Cons

The actual scheduling of employees is difficult, I have to write the schedule down on paper EVERY week so I can truly see what the schedule looks like.

Niklaus K.

Love HotSchedules

Reviewed on 01/12/2018

I've been using HotSchedules for several years and I couldn't imagine running a restaurant without it.

Pros

Scheduling, messaging, and forecasting have never been easier! If you own a restaurant, you need this.

Cons

Customer service used to be excellent, but lately, it hasn't been good at all. I went from a 2 minute wait to talk to 6+ hours to get a callback—usually by the time I'm home. I'm confident they're just going through some changes and it will be back to the high standard.

Leigh L.
  • Industry: Building Materials

• Customer Support Software

Whatever happened to Schedulefly?

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Online scheduling and shift trading is ideal when your staff is young. If you run a business where you employ teens, I strongly advise getting it.

Pros

I like that your staff can add shifts, swap shifts, put a shift up for grabs, request days off, etc. I like that you can tweak it to require management approval for these things. I like the entire idea of scheduling this way, particularly in a restaurant setting.

Cons

The cost. Ridiculous. I should not be required to tell my employees they have to pay for an app to have these features. I would've much preferred ScheduleFly. Such a better deal for the employees.

Michael G.

• Customer Support Software

Good software, they are continually developing and improving. Definitely great for scheduling

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

Allowed me to spend less time scheduling and communicating with staff. More organization on notes and employee files

Pros

Great for scheduling and staff communication. Makes handling a large staff easy. Logbook is great for communication on all issues with mangers and staff, even starting to use it to track our hr.

Cons

Want to see the inventory system improve as well as better ease of use across multiple venues other than that continue to grow and develop

Javon A.

HotSchedules -JA

Reviewed on 19/01/2019

We use Hotschedules to facilitate an easy to read schedule for our Crewmembers and Managers. It integrates company initiatives and has revolutionized the way we produce schedules.

Pros

I love Hotschedules functionality and ability to adapt to its Customers' needs. I have seen the evolution of Hotschedules over the years and the product continues to not disappoint.

Cons

The smoothness of the software through the use of a browser.

Anne B.

• Customer Support Software

Used when I was working in a restaurant

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

Pros

I think hot schedules was especially beneficial to the restaurant life as it allowed for real time shift changes, picking up shifts or switching shifts with someone. It also allowed me to message my managers directly.

Cons

I think the only con would be the processing time between requests that only allows for certain people to approve requests for changes.

Jason C.

• Customer Support Software

All in one restaurant management solutions

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

It has been a great asset to have for our operations teams.

Pros

Love the scheduler, the hiring platform, the redbook shift log notes. All in all a superior product that is constantly getting better and evolving.

Cons

I have used this software for over 10 years. It is a great solution to almost every restaurant need.

Heather W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The BEST scheduling software...period.

Reviewed on 06/03/2020

Pros

Hotschedules is honestly the best scheduling program I have ever used. There are SO many useful tools! You can pull up metrics based on yearly trends, make notes on why staffing is up/down for the period, and make minute adjustments based on every factor you could possibly think of. You can also use it as a communication tool for both individual and mass communication.
I genuinely LOVE this program, and would highly recommend it! You'll never go back to another program.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn how to use it effectively, but I promise that once you do, you'll find it pretty easy!

Bamber G.

Saves Time!

Reviewed on 31/01/2017

Overall I love HotSchedules. I would love to have it integrated with my POS system, which I think my franchise is working on. The other option I would like is for my staff to be able to put in how many hours they would like to work and then when I'm scheduling I would be able to see those wanted hours.

Pros

The many hours it has saved me!

Cons

Would like to be able to see how many hours each of my staff members want to work

Response from HotSchedules

Bamber,

We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback.

If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page!

Happy Scheduling!

Stephanie A.

Great option for EVERY Restaurant business!

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

All around great product to use in a restaurant with many shifts and employees.

Pros

I loved the feature of swapping shifts with other coworkers. It was very user friendly and provided great solutions for when I was a server at a very busy restaurant.

Cons

I don't remember there being very many cons to this system. I do, however remember getting a lot of notifications on my cell phone which is something each individual user can change on the features of the app on their phone.

Amanda F.

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

I use HotSchedules every day to clock in check my hours request off or figure house much my check might be I love and can do it all from my phone

Pros

I love that we are able to request off using just our phones plus able to keep up with our times and pay it describes every detail on how much u make in a day

Cons

They only thing I can think of is that u can fix the employees time until the end of there shift for the day and it's not to much trouble because it's still better then what we had

Simon I.

• Customer Support Software

Great Tool to monitor employee time and more!

Reviewed on 03/02/2017

We have been using hot schedules for 6 months now, I can tell by experience it has improved the way our we communicate with our employees and the way we control absences and schedules. The first thing we realized was a better flow of the time management process and decreasing on the late arrivals! It can be accessed by any of our employees any time, so they are always aware of changes because of a seamless email workflow. In resume is an effective and easy to use tool.

Pros

The control on the time, schedule replication, authorization and roles.

Response from HotSchedules

Simon,

Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. We appreciate your role in our community.

Happy Scheduling!

Alainna B.

HotSchedules eliminates any excuse for missing shifts!

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

HotSchedules is the only scheduling software I've seen that meets the needs of the many workplaces I've been a part of!

Pros

I have found that HotSchedules solves the ever-present problem in any workplace: "I didn't know I was scheduled!" Even when employees swap shifts or take another employee's shift, the software shows them that they maintain ownership of their originally assigned shifts until manager approval.

Cons

The fact that users have to pay to download the app on their smartphones is challenging. Although the workplace pays for the software, employees have to pay to get the software on their cellphones. This problem is compounded by the fact that the website doesn't have a very interactive design, much unlike the app, so employees often have to get the app to have a decent experience using HotSchedules.

Response from HotSchedules

Thank you for the review Alainna, really appreciate you taking the time. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care with any questions or issues you may have down the road.

Jenny H.

Used it for getting my schedule for work, waiting tables

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Pros

The interface was nice, I liked that I could see any notes or positions that I was scheduled for. It was easy to switch shifts with others.

Cons

Bugs, glitches, while rare, were very disruptive to everyday life, as this is how many of my co-workers and I communicated