MailerLite

4.7 (2,040)
Write a Review!
Email marketing software for smart business

(2,040)

2040 Reviews

Maurice
Maurice

• Customer Support Software

With MailerLite, your email marketing will

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

The overall experience with MailerLite is very, very smooth. Especially after using a variety of other mailing platforms, who sometimes have a difficult setup process.

Pros

The ease of use and quick implementation of all needed features. Starting with MailerLite is very easy. Import your subscriber list, create an email and send it out, in just a few clicks.Also, creating landing pages and sign-up forms is a few clicks away.

Cons

If there is one feature I would like to see in the free plan would be Auto Resend, where emails will be resent after they are not delivered.Still, this being more of a premium feature anyways, there are no other cons that I have found.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I wanted to have a platform that would offer my specific needs. Mailchimp had some of them, but they are also not very intuitive to set up.Designing an email and setting up your subscriber lists is a lot easier in MailerLite than in other platforms I have used (Mailchimp and Aweber)

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I found that MailerLite is a bit cheaper than Convertkit, and the free version offers more features than the free Convertkit version.
Tiara
  • Industry: Media Production

Basic, but great starter

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Pros

MailerLite is free, which is great if you’re new to email marketing and don’t want a big upfront cost. This version allows you all of the basic tools for success-emailing newsletters, creating surveys, creating a landing page, etc.

Cons

There aren’t any advanced features for email automation, so look elsewhere if your workflow is heavy.

Chantel

• Customer Support Software

Painless email campaigns for solopreneurs

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Very positive, its been the most effective marketing tool I've used since opening my small business.

Pros

Keeps my costs incredibly low, helping me reach all of my clients and boost appointment bookings. Mailerlite is very user friendly, and has hundreds of articles in their Knowledge base to give you step-by-step guides for anything you may have trouble with.

Cons

I had trouble authenticating my domain after the Google email marketing requirements changed in February, but it has since been resolved. It could also use some more templates in

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

The process felt easier to start an account
Gabriel
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Not a reliable platform

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Definitely not recommending the platform.

Definitely not recommending the platform.

Pros

User-friendly interface, covers the basic features of an email platform.

Cons

Many bugs. Authentication for my account wasn't working. I took 5 days for the support team to understand the issue and solve it. Imagine being a week without being able to send emails as an ecommerce.

Courtney
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

The Best EMS For Your Business!

Reviewed on 18/02/2024

Overall, I am very happy with Mailerlite and have been recommending them to friends and colleagues for over four years now. I will remain on Classic until they discontinue it.

Pros

Mailerlite is the best when it comes to deliverability, features, and price point. Mailerlite's automations are complex and really help you warm up your leads for a better relationship without having to personally email every single lead individually. I also like that I can tag where a lead onboarded from so I can track how well that source fits into my marketing process. I've enjoyed great deliverability since my move to Mailerlite with more subscribers getting all my import updates and more sales as a result. Mailerlite also has a robust customer service department that is always quick to help when any issues do arise.

Cons

I'm not a fan of the new Mailerlite. I am staying on Classic because the huge price increase and the clunkiness of the new interface. It's not something I look forward to having to learn and especially not at double to price. I wish Mailerlite would honor a discount for Classic users to be grandfathered in at a better rate.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

The price point was insanely different for the same amount of contacts. Nearly double of what I pay with Mailerlite and for fewer features. The interface of Mailchimp was also not very user-friendly. Deliverability was also very hit-or-miss.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I had considered Active Campaign because it too has some advanced features I was looking for like automations , A/B testing, and appealing templates, but utlimatley the price point was too far out of my budget.
Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

The new version is not worth it

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

Pros

The old version was okay, it got the job done with a good price in comparison to a bloated MailChimp. Just simple email marketing and automation. I was excited for the new version to be released as it looked to be a step in the right direction for the user interface (as the old version was, very dated). However, after they released the new pricing structure, almost double just for a fresh coat of paint and a promise for 'new features' with none actually available on the launch, it seemed rushed with a lack of thought for their community. They asked before the release for feedback from the community who mainly focused on not heading in a MailChimp direction, price increases, continued live support, paywalls for simple features. Unfortunetly they didn't listen, the price increased, live support vanished unless you pay 3x more for a plan with only one new feature 'Facebook Audiences' which I can't comment on as I'm not forking out the money to test for it possibly not to work. The biggest downfall of all which really cemented that fact that they aren't listening or care for their original community base was zero migration tools being available at the launch of the new version. Your main customer, who are already supporting you and the most excited to test out your new platform, and they completly left them in the dark until an unspecified date stating the tools were going to be available within weeks, when they were later silently put up after month.

Cons

Cont. Which only moved subscribers and groups, something that could easily be done with a CSV file. They didn’t move your automations, pop-ups, embeds or previous campaigns and reports. Even though they had MailChimp migrations ready from the get-go! Which didn’t work mind you, the free trial only allows for 1,000 subscribers to be added (a new ‘feature’ compared the old version, which allowed more in the trial phase). So when migrating from Mail Chimp to the new MailerLite you were just hit with a stuck loading bar not knowing what is happening at all. As someone in development, the new platform was rushed to release. When creating a new account, you can no longer tether multiple accounts to one email unless you pay, which creates a massive barrier when creating accounts for clients, you have to do the whole ‘forward me the confirmation emails etc’ which just comes across as unprofessional. To dodge this you need to pay, which also means you have to ask them for payment details before you even have the account ready. The migration tools were a pinnacle in the whole new/old version fiasco because it really showed they didn’t care about the old customers. They even remove your affiliate link when migrating to the new version. When using their migration tools for the first time, after disappointment they didn’t really migrate more than a CSV file on information I started to create my automations from scratch, for the simple duplicating feature to fail getting prompted ‘A copy i

Andrei
  • Industry: Accounting Software

Nice app, just try it.

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

Overall, MailerLite is a great option for a small business. All the emails are delivered in the inbox, never had issues here.

Pros

MailerLite is the most simple to use email software I used until now. Setting up the account is easy and the drag and drop builder is just what you need if you don't have web designer skills or you can use their templates.

Cons

Price grow fast when subscribers are increasing.

Clarissa
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

MailerLite that helps you on your everyday needs

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

I am very contented and thankful for this application because it is very unique and helpful especially for me that I need to create emails since I am a trainer.

Pros

Aside from it's very easy to use, it really help me with my everyday email, it manages it and gives me ideas how to create one correctly based on my behavior.

Cons

None so far, this application is very good to be honest and handy also since you can use it on your phone too.

Pri
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Has a nice free version

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Pros

It was easy to use and create different lists. As a small solo business it met my needs. It has a nice UX.

Cons

Just that some features are only available in the paid version.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

It was a better free option for my needs.
Muhammed
Muhammed
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Mailerlite inceleme

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Pros

The feature I like most is that I can manage my e-mail follow-ups and campaigns well and comfortably.

Cons

Don't let the page or application load a little later

Traver
  • Industry: Construction Software

• Customer Support Software

A great mailing software for business newsletters and automation

Reviewed on 11/04/2020

My overall experience has been pretty great. I have two mailing lists for two different business ventures. One with 700 people on my list, and one with 7,000.

MailerLite works fantastic whether you're on the free or paid plan. The only difference is (for how I use it), you can't use automated sequences on the free plan.

I have very few complaints about the software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. It's a beautiful dashboard that's easily navigated. The WYSIWYG editor is super sleek. From adding new subscribers to setting up complex automations, it's all really simple.

Cons

Sometimes there's a hiccup in the system that causes text editing to mess up. What I mean is that I'll be typing and I'll get to where I am right now, and the cursor will reset to the beginning and start type there instead.

If I refresh the page, the problem goes away.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailchimp is a bit more complicated to in setup and in automations. Plus its pricing is outrageous. Like, ridiculously outrageous. MailerLite is super reasonable in price. I love it.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Price, mostly. But now that I've been a MailerLite user since 2018, I don't see myself ever needing to change.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Trever,

Thank you! I loved to read your review of MailerLite and yes, our web design is super sleek ;)

Don't hesitate to contact us for anything you need - we are always there for you.

Irene

Emily
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Begin Email Marketing With Mailerlite

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

I switched from MailChimp to Mailerlite as the features with Mailerlite were more appealing, more professional and better value for money. I originally started with the free package for around two weeks, until my email list outgrew the free package, where I now continue to pay on a monthly basis. The income that I receive from utilizing my email list pays for the service provided by Mailierlite and I am very happy with the features/ service provided. I received great customer support from Mailerlite in regards to the issues mentioned above, and since then I have required no customer support.

Pros

I like the many features included with the software for a reasonable monthly (or yearly) fee. Such as the ability to create different groups to manage email marketing topics. I particular enjoy using the autoresponder emails feature as this is a great way to utilise email marketing and Mailerlite have a very user friendly interface, making a potentially complex task easier to carry out. I also enjoy the extra features including the landing page templates to capture new email signups.

Cons

The only issue I had with this product, and why I did not give it 5 stars, is the email deliverability rate. Whereby occasionally my automated emails were not being sent to new email signups and they were not able to complete the sign up process, being classed as unconfirmed in my email list. This was inconvenient as sometimes I would receive emails from people saying that they signed up but had not received a certain product I was offering for new sign ups. However, after researching this topic, I learnt that this is actually a common issue with most email network providers and that Mailerlite has one of the best deliverability rates overall. Therefore I have stayed with Mailerlite and I hope that this is something their software will improve on over time.

ConvertKit and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

The features with Mailerlite were more appealing, more professional and better value for money.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Because Mailerlite provides everything that I need for my current email marketing campaign, for a reasonable cost that I am happy and willing to pay.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

The perfect tool for small business owners or just anyone who is about to start

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Pretty happy with the product, helps me to do what I want to do without getting in the way all the time

Pros

This SaaS has everything an average user would want. It is perfect for small companies or folks who just want to set up a newsletter easily, without all the additional hustle of getting to use with the 100 of features the other platforms give you. I have tried and used for short periods a lot of them and I have found MailerLite to suit best my needs. It has free version of up to 1000 subscribers, Email builder, automations, site and forms builder in the free version. What more could I ask. It's more than enough to test out my idea, see if it will bring in some profit, and if it does I'll happily go on for the paid version.

Cons

Well I was trying to use some HTML code in one email but I could get it work for the life of me. I'm not a programmer by any means but I know how to deal with code, and HTML in particular. I was really frustrated and somewhat angry. As a last resort I mailed the support (I almost never do it because, they never give me any good advice, not MailerLite, but all support as general). here it wasn't the case, the agent pointed me out what I had to use and it did the job. Other than that I really haven't had any other issues. Gave it 4 starts, because it's my only contact with the support and really don't know more than that.

ConvertKit, Drip, and Mad Mimi

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Too many options, too complicated, too expensive and a lack of adequate free trial

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

The free trial gave me the possibility to get feel of the product and see if it was really what I was looking for.

Response from MailerLite

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and giving us some feedback regarding the HTML code issues.

Roland
Roland

• Customer Support Software

Great, flexible service, with excellent support

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Used them for years now, and recommend them to all my clients

Used them for years now, and recommend them to all my clients

Pros

Easy to use with lots of features usually only available with expensive services.

Cons

Going in and out of the drag and drop editor can sometimes be slow.

ConvertKit and ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

More flexible, easier to use, and all for less money (a lot less).

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Price for what I need. I use the others, too, but as an author I don't need the advanced features that the others provide. Mailerlite is quite advanced enough unless you're selling big ticket items .

Response from MailerLite

Love to hear that you're enjoying being with us enough to recommend us, Roland! Paying it forward is the best way to go.

Scott
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

MailerLite is the perfect email marketing solution for me

Reviewed on 27/11/2021

I think I went two years before having to email MailerLite my first question, and I got a response in a few hours that answered my question right off the bat. It just does what it's supposed to without any hiccups or hassles.

Pros

Intuitive interface, great product for the price, and - on the rare occasions I've contacted support - super-fast, friendly, and helpful replies from the support team.

Cons

I would love to be able to have elements in email templates auto-update without having to manually pull up and edit every single saved email in my campaigns/autoresponders. For example, if I release a new book and want to update a footer image profiling my books (that I use in the template for most of my autoresponders), right now I have to manually update every email in the autoresponders. Mailerlite has some templates elements that are dynamic, but after emailing their support, they confirmed what I want to do isn't currently supported with dynamic elements. Fingers crossed they'll fix this in the future.

Constant Contact and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailchimp's change in billing a few years back and my recurring problems with their editor (which their IT department could not solve) eventually drove me away after years of using it.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Best suite of features I need at this time for a great price. I may outgrow MailerLite down the road - or may not - but right now it's the no-brainer choice for my email marketing needs.

Response from MailerLite

Thanks so much for the kind words. We appreciate the feedback on auto-updating elements.

Feel free to also add this on the request list (you can find this when you log in via your profile button on the top right). This way, other users can upvote and help us get these type of features worked on faster!

Alison

• Customer Support Software

MailerLite is the Chick-fil-a of the online space

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Best experience ever. Seriously.

Best experience ever. Seriously.

Pros

Moving to MailerLite was one of the best decisions I ever made for my business. Having everything in one space – email, client management, landing pages, website – is SO convenient and saves me so much time and money. The integration between all of those features makes tracking customer engagement incredibly easy. The editor for landing pages, websites, automations, and emails is intuitive and full of great features. But what really impresses me, time and again, is the customer service. No one likes it when stuff glitches or they run into an issue, but I can say with 100% sincerity and honesty that I actually LOOK FORWARD to interacting with the MailerLite customer service team. They are quick to respond, easy to understand (not sure if they're all native English speakers, but they sure come across as such), clear in their instruction, and seemingly always in a good mood. It doesn't matter how frustrated I am with whatever issue I'm experiencing, I always leave a MailerLite customer service exchange with a smile on my face.

Cons

Occasionally the editor function gets a little temperamental and doesn't want to format text correctly.

• Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Streamlined, Yet Powerful Tool for email Marketing Campaigns

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Pros

I have used a number of competing email tracking programs and MailerLite is by far the most streamlined and easy to use I have come across. That said, it doesn't sacrifice any of the capability. I have run multiple email marketing campaigns with it (soliciting reviews for fiction novels and album releases) and was delighted with MailerLite's flexibility and power. It integrates seamlessly with Gmail (as well as other mail clients), giving users the power to imbed tracking on a per-message basis with the simple click of a toggle button. As my campaigns featured hundreds of individually customized email, the per-message tracking was critical. It pushed alerts when a message was opened or a link was clicked and provided useful statistical summaries of engagement on demand. I continue to use MailerLite any time I need to gage (and track) email engagement.

Cons

I have no complaints about MailerLite's functionality--it is easy to use, is full featured, and integrates well with other email apps. However, in order to disable the "this message is tracked by MailerLite" footer included in the message, users need to pay an annual subscription fee. Given how intrusive that message looks, I had no choice but to pay the fee. That said, the fee seemed reasonable given the power of the software.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and MailTrack

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I switched to MailerLite because of its competitive pricing and complete functionality.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I chose MailerLite because of its competitive pricing and owing to the fact that it had the features I required in an email tracking client.

Response from MailerLite

We're so glad to hear we cover all your needs with our features.

Camilla
Camilla

• Customer Support Software

Mailerlite is THE BEST marketing tool for solopreneurs who want powerful+userfriendly...

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Excellent.

Excellent.

Pros

I am LOVING the new Mailerlite!Please send my praise to the product development team and the support team:You provide an amazing service!There are 3 critical reasons I want to stay with Mailerlite and recommend it to all my colleagues:The new advanced functions are much needed and on point, the ease of use, and the amazing customer support – at a reasonable price for a solopreneur.

Cons

When the new Mailerlite was launched, the migration functionality from the old to the new version took months to come. So I ended up having to do a lot of the migration manually, which was time-consuming. And in that time I paid for 2 subscriptions. I think this launch could have been organized better. But this is the only con I have, and now it's over. Because of all the Pros, I am still a happy Mailerlite user. I do think they deliver on the value, so I can look through my fingers with this hiccup.

ConvertKit, Flodesk, Podia, WordPress, Kartra, Mailchimp, and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailerlite had more advanced options on the free level when I was just starting out. Automation was key here.Also: Mailerlite is way more user-friendly and intuitive than any other email marketing service I've used.I've tried: Active Campaign, MailChimp, Podia, Kajabi, AWeber. (Even though it offers critical advanced options.)

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Because I had an amazing experience with the free plan, so it was convenient just to stay with Mailerlite as I grew. It offers everything I need to grow. And is intuitive and has affordable, competitive pricing.
Gen

• Customer Support Software

Hats off to the tech team and support functions at MailerLite

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Having joined MailerLite - I am now the proud owner of ...1. an opt-in that attracts my Ideal Client and pops them on my email list, via a landing page2. a product that I'm selling directly out of Stripe via an integration with MailerLite that sends all sorts of wonderful automated emails 3. landing pages for an upcoming Masterclass that hopefully attracts my Ideal Client - I just feel very empowered and feel like I've elevated my business to a new level of automation which I didn't dream possible - because I am, as stated, a technophobe.My experience has been made even more positive because of the tech team support.

Pros

The thing I rate really extremely highly is the level of support. Despite my 'not' being on the most expensive tier, I have found the support team very responsive to cries for help via email - they acknowledge the email, they keep me in the loop and they do their best to resolve the issue. I find that super-helpful, bearing in mind I generally see myself as a technophobe who is challenged by 90% of technology software.I also, recently migrated to MailerLite having been with a chimp who I simply couldn't work with - I found him incomprehensible and seriously not-fit-for use by me, specifically, and probably many people of my generation and techno-comfort levels. All chimp work had to be outsourced which was extremely frustrating and time-consuming and left me feeling dis-empowered. I have, admittedly, had some challenges with MailerLite but on the whole it's super-navigable and easy to use, and the tech support really elevates it for me into being a really desirable product.

Cons

Hmmmm - I don't have enough to compare with and make meaningful input here.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

I direct everyone to Mailerlite

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

The ability to have everything in one place is a big bonus. It helps to streamline business processes very effectively.

Pros

Simple to start using and easy to use, does everything I need it to do, and probably a lot more! Being able to create landing pages & websites in addition to the emails is a huge bonus. I've created lots of landing pages & full website for clients on Mailerlite & they always look great & work well. Support is great, anytime I have a query, which is rare (usually when I've had a blonde moment!) I'm all sorted within a few minutes

Cons

Classic version was pretty slow but the new version seems to have addressed that issue

Emma
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

• Customer Support Software

Expensive, but we'll worth it

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

My open rate with mailerlite is better than any other provider I've used. It functions are easy to use, and I highly recommend it

Pros

Mailerlite is easy to use, and adaptable. The design of the emails can be adapted to match my branding, which is essential. I can incorporate links for sales, and then monitor how the links are click and used. Being able to analyse my links and open rate is important, and mailerlite make it easy.

Cons

Honestly, the cost is the biggest issue. The price has just increased, and when you grow your mailing list to a large quantity, it does get very expensive.

Flodesk

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I had a low open rate, and mailchimp raised its prices. I decided that if I had to pay a higher price, I expected to get a quality product for the price. Mailerlite allowed me to do more, such as automation sequences.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

It had better GDPR complience. I was able to set up more automation sequences that allowed me to stay on top of my list better. Also the way Mailerlite integrates with other producers, and flodesk does not, was important
Sian
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Seamless email marketing and my MailerLite experience

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

My overall experience with MailerLite has been positive so far, and has allowed me to streamline my email marketing efforts and achieve impressive results. Their response times have been consistently prompt, and their willingness to assist with any queries or issues is commendable.

Pros

MailerLite has proven to be a game-changer for my email marketing endeavors. Here are some of the standout features that have truly impressed me:Navigating is a breeze. The interface is clear, well-organized, and user-friendly, making it easy for even a novice like myself to create visually appealing campaigns.The drag-and-drop editor is a real gem and allows me to easily design professional-looking emails without any coding. The pre-designed templates are also a huge time-saver.Automated workflows are simple and MailerLite has a range of automations that enable me to engage with my customers/subscribers in a more personalized manner, resulting in higher open and click-through rates.The ability to segment my email list based on my criteria is invaluable. This feature has allowed me to target specific event attendees , ensuring that my messages reach the right audience every time.The A/B testing functionality helps me fine-tune my campaigns for optimal performance. It's been instrumental in understanding what resonates best with my audience.

Cons

While MailerLite is an exceptional platform, there are a couple of areas where I'd love to see some improvement:Although MailerLite offers integrations with other popular platforms like WordPress and Shopify, it would be really helpful if there was even more integration options with other tools I use in my marketing toolbox.While the pre-designed templates are fantastic, I'd like a bit more flexibility in customizing them. Sometimes, I find myself wishing for more font and layout options.

Claude

• Customer Support Software

This is my second review for MailerLite, and I have only grown to love it more!

Reviewed on 19/02/2022

Of all the services that I use, it is the only one which still maintains a 100% satisfaction rating with me.

Pros

I was originally drawn to MailerLite because of the ability to automate sequences. I would keep it for that one thing alone. But the service just keeps getting better.

Cons

Although I understand the necessity for limitations - I would love to have more than a 100-step sequence (I know that that would not be necessary for most people. But you actually have so many options in the automation sequences, that you can actually go a bit crazy with it. However - it is because of these options that everyone who responds to me, actually thinks that I am physically typing out each email and mailing them directly... Which is, of course, the goal... To mail as many people as possible, but for each of those people to feel like they are getting my direct and personal attention at every step of the way...

So a lift on, or at least a raising of, the cap for steps in automation sequences.

Noel

Mailer Lite to the Rescue

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Overall, MailerLite is a user-friendly email marketing software that offers several useful features for businesses and organizations. Its drag-and-drop editor, automation workflows, and email campaign management tools make it a popular choice for many users. Additionally, its affordable pricing plans and free plan for up to 1,000 subscribers make it accessible to businesses of all sizes.However, as mentioned earlier, MailerLite has some limitations when it comes to integrations, design flexibility, and reporting and analytics features. Businesses that require more advanced features and integrations may find MailerLite lacking. Additionally, some users have reported issues with deliverability rates and email bounce rates, although these issues seem to be relatively rare.

Pros

MailerLite is an excellent email marketing platform that provides a comprehensive suite of features for businesses of all sizes.One of the most significant advantages of MailerLite is its ease of use. The platform is straightforward to navigate and offers an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that allows users to create professional-looking email campaigns without any prior design experience. The platform also provides a wide variety of templates to choose from, making it easier for users to customize their email campaigns to fit their brand and style.

Cons

My fist con is that Mailerlite has limited integrations: MailerLite has limited integrations with other third-party applications, which can be a drawback for businesses that rely on several tools for their marketing activities.Limited automation options: Although MailerLite offers automation features, they are relatively limited compared to other email marketing tools. This can be a disadvantage for businesses that require more complex automation workflows.

Amir

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

My experience with MailerLite.

After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how...

My experience with MailerLite.

After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner.

I give them credit, when it is due : Easy to navigate interface and professionally pre-made templates seemed a perfect match for my needs. As a small business owner, my first goal was to find a bulk email software that is easy to use and has a friendly and responsive customer service. For years, I used one of the major bulk email software providers, but they have become really expensive compared to what you get in return for these email campaigns. Finally, I made my decision and enrolled in one of MailerLite plans that seemed very attractive; at least on the paper! 15000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails for $30!!

WOAH !!! what a great bargain. Right? Not that fast !

They were very quick to charge my business card for the $30.

I spent few hours to create a perfect email and uploaded my mailing list of 15000. and start creating the first campaign on MailerLite. This is where the nightmare started.

When I wanted to send out the email, I received an email from their support team that I am not allowed to use more than 2000. ( i paid for 15000 subscribers with unlimited monthly emails) . I told them that I won't have it that way and they should cancel my account. They reached out to me and assured me that everything would be fine, hey approved me for 5000 and promised to increase my quote after the first few emails to prevent spams. Fair enough!

After sending out the emails, they told me that I have breached their spam policy since the hard bounce of my emails were more than a certain number that they allow. I was not very happy with their decision but again, its their policy and I have to follow it. So I accepted their decision and didn't argue with them. But this the same email list that I have used with the other major email provider. I knew this is a small company with few resources and I have made a mistake.

Obviously, I didn't want to pay for a service that I am not allowed to use. quite simple. So, I ask them to cancel my subscription and refund me the $30 that they have charged me !!! They kept me waiting for almost 4 days and then they told me that they have decided to keep my money ?!!!!!, and obviously they have access to all the 15000 subscribers on mailing list !!

Customer service is the forefront of a business and I am really sorry to say that theirs is NON-EXISTING.

Since the goal of this review was to save others some time and un-wanted headache, I have not mentioned any of the other competitors that make a much better option.

Since then, I have signed up to another provider for only $5 extra and I could not be happier. I learned my lesson , cheaper choice is not always a better one. It is wiser to pay a bit more and go with a company with a better customer service and more resources.

If even you think that you won't have the same issue that I had with them, still think of your need of customer service at some point.

I hope this has helped you in your search. Good luck!

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.