MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

650 Software options

• Industry: Design

One of the best email marketing solutions I've found (and I've tried them ALL!)

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

So far (for the past six months) I've been working on a free plan, and haven't even begun to dig into what MailerLite can REALLY do for power users, but I've been extremely happy with what I've been able to accomplish with them so far. Remain very impressed with the number/quality of features. As an aside, they send a newsletter that is among the most helpful I've received.

Pros

Having tried other competitors, I've found MailerLite to be among the most intuitive, and DEFINITELY offers the most bang for the buck. So far, I haven't encountered any major issues. The process of uploading and cleaning subscriber lists, configuring lists & groups, managing signup forms, and setting up/sending campaigns + automated series' has been painless compared to the other email marketing solutions I've tried. Everything works as expected, and it doesn't take a long time to accomplish the small weekly email tasks I need to do. They have a number of good integrations and I particularly appreciate how they can work with Woocommerce. It's also been nice to be able to add users with different roles.

Cons

So far my one real complaint is that working in the backend can feel a bit slow at times. It's also a small gripe, but editing forms takes a bit longer than it should, as you have to click through a few screens to finally save your updated form.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I was with Mailchimp for years, but it had become extremely expensive and I could no longer justify what my newsletters were costing to send. I tried SendinBlue but onboarding was a mess and the backend was extremely clunky. I switched to Flodesk, but unfortunately, they seem to be working through a lot of issues that are to be expected when a product is still in beta. MailerLite seemed to be the best value, and after having used it for the last six months, I definitely believe it is.

Sendinblue and Mailchimp

Cost

Response from MailerLite

Glad to have you with us. Sharing a little secret with you today, we have heard our users and their feedback and there are some excited things in store in the future that might make all your cons go away for good.

Keep an eye out :)

Nikki D.
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Mailer Lite ~ Great Customer Service and Wonderful Option for Total Beginners

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

I initially had an in issue with embedding a form that I had created in MailerLite into my WordPress site. I emailed Customer Support and received a quick response! Honestly, I wasn't expecting a personalized response that soon. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was kind enough to inform me that I may have installed the plug-in incorrectly and advised me on the steps of how to embed it properly. Sure enough! User error. I was able to embed and redesign to the form to my liking. Tested it and it works! Thank you, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] !⭐️

Pros

As a newbie to email marketing, I wished for an email management software that would be suitable for beginners. The instructor for an email campaign class mentioned that she recommended MailerLite for such folks as me and I am glad that she did! I recall attempting to use MailChimp and found it difficult to navigate through and not as intuitive as I liked. For Constant Contact, I did use that when I consulted for a small company but disliked the limited options.

I also am intrigued by the MailerLite Academy and want to enroll in that.

Cons

The *only* thing that I dislike is that I, along with others in my class, didn't care for the background elements in the landing page templates. We all thought that we could modify the red color to a different color to match our background to no avail. It took some ingenuity but I did end up creating a landing page that I really like.

Mailchimp, AWeber, and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

As this is my first brand website, I wanted a management program that was geared towards beginners. I was already stressed out by designing my website and getting used to the nuances of my particular theme. Mailer Lite made it easy for me. As this was my first campaign and embed form, it did take me some time. I am rather picky about how things look so that does factor into that equation!

Response from MailerLite

Super curious how your landing page ended up, Nikki!

And you should definitely enrol into the MailerLite Academy.

Jaze P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Get The Word Out With MailerLite

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

I got to see first hand what the power of a landing page can do for my business and with MailerLite, you get so many neat templates to choose from, it makes the whole process of sending newsletters so much fun and way easier than I thought.

Pros

This software could not be any easier to use, it is totally beginner friendly, has a cool user interface with a great free plan to use if you just want to see what it is capable of. It comes with a great email automation tool, allows up to 1000 subscribers/12000 emails plus if you do choose to make an upgrade to a paid plan, it is super affordable to do so.

Cons

I don't see any cons with this software, it meets my everyday needs, it does not come off as spam to my subscribers, they must just keep it up. So far so good.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I got word from my sister that MailerLite was worth taking a closer look at because of how much it had to offer just off the free plan and that it was going to be the easiest software to adapt to when it comes to email marketing.

Response from MailerLite

Tell your sister we thank he for steering you our way and for leaving us such a lovely review behind.

Carmen A.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic email platform especially for beginners

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

I have no complaints with Mailerlite. It integrates well with other platforms I'm using.

Pros

What I like about Mailerlite is that it is easy to use. The help-tutorials are very informative. I know it has the capability to do more than I am utilising at the moment, so I trust that it will serve me in the future as my mailing list grows. I also value the quick response I get from the help team when I can't find my answer in the help menu. They are friendly and willing to answer any question. The value for money is exceptional.

Cons

When I select a group and open the list of subscribers in that group, the Group List name doesn't appear above the list of subscribers. Instead the wording is "this list contains 36 subscribers". It would be helpful if that sentence says "this (name of group) contains 36 subscribers". I can easily forget which group I'm looking at without the name appearing at the top.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Carmen, great feedback for us! We truly appreciate it - I will make sure that this is passed on.

Maggie M.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Used for 1+ year

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy to use stats let me see what is working. We compare this to a response/action in another system, as our emails are targeting groups with a call to action. I also like how easy it is to copy existing campaigns and easily modify them for different segments. I can build up all my campaigns and have them scheduled to help manage our 'traffic' in our office and systems. I also found that we can set up templates once we have customized the content to help maintain brand consistency, which saves us time and ensures the necessary details are included. I like that I can easily preview and test campaigns - mostly that I can view the desktop and mobile in the browser.

Cons

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

We had used a free version of a MailChimp with issues and received poor customer services. Literally, they never replied to us after multiple attempts. We had used this product for a few years on the free version, so were invested, but ultimately couldn't use it due to poor customer service, especially knowing our future growth would require purchasing/subscribing to the premium version.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

MailerLite's free version restricted unique users, not the number of emails sent. We often need to email large segments on the same day. The free version made the most sense at the time. We continued with MailerLite because their licensing was affordable and we could pay monthly, and weren't committed to a year long contract.
Shayne H.

Every Start-Up's Sidekick!

Reviewed on 07/04/2019

I am a Marketing Specialist by profession and software/tools like this make my job so much easier, for which I am very grateful!

I recently stumbled upon MailerLite when I was building my E-Commerce website. Previously, I used to use MailChimp (Also a great tool and I currently use it only at work).

Mailerlite seamlessly integrated with my Shopify Store and gave me so much power over my marketing strategies. In my opinion, it's the best E-mail Automation tool out there, with much more options and customizations that can help you craft powerful newsletters, landing pages, etc.

Pros

1) Highly Optimized And Responsive: MailerLite helps me to design and create newsletters that look amazing on desktops, tablets, and mobiles.

2) Design Capabilities: It's safe to say that the design capabilities that MailerLite gives you are far better than any other similar product in its segment. What I mean to say is, the "little things" that MailerLite allows you to do can add significant value to the way you market! For example, there are a number of templates that can enable you to have "buttons" attached to an image (Perfect CTA's by the way). Also, there are several heading options for my newsletters where I can have my company name and logo or either one at the beginning of them. These, of course, are just a few examples I could think of straight off the bat.

3) Easy Integration: Connection my domain with MailerLite was a lot easier than I expected - with a swift and seamless integration process.

4) No Learning Curve Required: MailerLite is incredibly simple to use and it won't take you long to get the hang of it.

5) Affordability: The title of my review says it all! MailerLite is a blessing for startups on a budget who don't have money to throw around. There are 5 different pricing models that include one "freemium" version as well. However, if you are using it for business purposes, I suggest you use their starter plan that will unlock all features and allow you to send unlimited emails. Remember, looking professional is key!

Cons

1) Slightly Laggy: MailerLite can occasionally become laggy and starts freezing when you import a lot of contacts. Now, I don't really know if this is due to my hardware set up (which is quite recent), but I've asked around and I've gotten mixed opinions about this.

2) Customization Options: It would be really great if MailerLite introduces some more Landing Page customization options in the near future. Whatever be the case, it's still the best E-mail Automation software, in my opinion.

Deborah B.

Quality Software, Exceptional Customer Service, and Scalable Pricing

Reviewed on 07/08/2021

Exceptional experience! The time-saving, money-saving and real people support team, has made the transition a lot easier than imagined. Open rates doubled and click rates also improved.

Pros

The best thing about this software is tutorials and triggered automation. The time-saving features like this one make sure the subscribers are organized and receive only what they have agreed to receive (through triggering 'group' additions and removals).

The scalable pricing gives smaller startups a place to begin and grow.

Cons

The report feature could be improved. When we want to export a list of subscribers from a specific group, we can do that, but the report is missing the details (if this is a settings issue I'm still not finding it). I would like to have the report include all of the 'fields' that were completed during the opt-in. These answers ARE on each subscriber's profile page, but, not on the download.

Response from MailerLite

Hi Deborah, great to hear about your experience with us, and it is also very much appreciated that you're taking the time to write this review.

I took your feedback about our reports into account and made sure to keep track of this and see how we can improve it.

Robert J.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent Eblast Platform

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

We store our member database there. We send concert promotions. We construct newsletters and more.

Pros

Mailerlite is very easy to use. Each section of an email seems to have a ready made drag and drop component. The components can be moved around or deleted with ease. It also integrated seamlessly with our ticketing software and the email signup web setup is straightforward. The support is the best I have ever experienced. I have literally never had to wait more than a minute for someone to jump in and help with any question or setup.

Cons

There are really no cons. There are a couple possible features that I thought MIGHT be useful. 1) Sub group possibilities and 2) Some ability to enter html in the very top header (where it says view in a browser). These are rather minor. They are looking into what might work.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Robert, we're so happy to hear from you and that everything is running smoothly.

We would love to get a testimonial from you! If you would be willing, could you please let me know? We can talk about it further via email.

Michael D.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing product, amazing support!

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

Really good! I also went through their academy which was really helpful!

Pros

The simplicity of the system is great! I support people a lot with small businesses that might not yet have the techy knowledge that they would otherwise need to grow their business. Mailerlite works in a way where if you can draw your idea on a piece of paper, you can likely map it out in mailerlite!

Cons

The survey feature needs a little update to make it a little more option rich, but it's early days and there is a lot in the roadmap! Some more blocks for landing pages would be nice too just so we have more design options.

Kajabi, Intercom, HubSpot CRM, ConvertKit, and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Easier to use, more features more integrations, cheaper, and overall just better.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Better price and more features to try out from day one.

Response from MailerLite

This is great feedback, Michael - we always appreciate it when the community helps out figure how we can get better for the future.

If you need anything from us, just contact the support team, and they're able to help you out in a jiffy.

Lilia H.
  • Industry: Public Policy

From a happy customer 🙌

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

100% positive mostly for the quality of customer support. We engaged with the team several times via chat and got an immediate personalised responce to any sort of question.

Pros

We came across MailerLite right after walking away from a similar service by Sendinblue, which failed our expectations, and we had no regrets ever since. What we love about MailerLite is the ease of use - the templates management is simple and comfy to administrate even by less digitally savvy teams. Also, additional praise for the immediate customer support that isn't a service bot but actual stuff members. So rare to find these days and so great to have.

Cons

When we were settling in there was no possibility to code your very own personalised template. But with time we learned that the variaty of options and in-house templates and styles was vast enough and easy to customise and bring it as close as possible to our own branding.

Response from MailerLite

Good to hear Lilia. We always want to make sure that we make our users lives as easy possible.

Helen G.

Great Support Team

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

I'm a new user but already have a number of subscribers and the automation sequences are working perfectly.

Pros

I like the automation sequence although it needs a few tweaks in terms of enabling users to add more than 1 trigger. It's logical and clear to set up and change email formats in the automation. However, the customer support is FANTASTIC. As soon as you email them, you get a clear response. Very impressed!

Cons

There are some tweaks that could be made for instance adding more than 1 trigger to the workflow. I am also finding it difficult to work with emails in Campaign as the commands and final outcome look different to the workflow emails.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Helen, thank you for giving us such a lovely review. We also appreciate your feedback regaridng the triggers within a workflow.

This is something that our team is indeed researching for the future. Should you have any more feedback, yoou are more welcome to send this via [email protected]

- Lay

Heather H.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to implement and use

Reviewed on 07/03/2021

I used MailerLite briefly once before, but have only recently come back to the service when I decided to start fresh with my newsletter and mailing list. Overall, I've been incredibly happy with them and plan to continue with this service from now on.

Pros

I love how easy it was to implement my newsletter and set up automations. It was much more intuitive than previous platforms I've work with. The end result is professional and modern, and I'm better about sending my newsletters because it's so easy to do. I also love that there are quite a few useful features even on the free plan.

Cons

The only thing I'm not happy with is how long the integrations haven't been working. The Facebook and Instagram api isn't functional and hasn't been for a while, and those are two places I really count on to grow my newsletter. I reached out to customer service, and while their initial response was prompt and polite, I haven't heard back since and just keep going back to check to see if it's functional yet.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Heather, hope you're having yourself a lovely day, and thank you so much for the lovely feedback!

I've gone ahead and reached out to our support team for you to get an update regarding the integrations.

I have news that the Instagram block is working! The Facebook one still has a minor issue that needs solving which hopefully will be fixed this upcoming Monday.

Hope this helps you out a bit Heather! And enjoy the weekend.

Carmelo S.

Outstanding customer service

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Pros

It's very easy to use. Once you get the hang of it it's very simple and pleasurable.

Cons

Can't fault it. I had a bit of ​trouble with confirming my email address but when reached out to customer service, they addressed my problems in a timely manner and very efficiently

Sender

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Because Mailchimp now charges for automation​!

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Because of how it looks, the overall feeling and the simple interface!

Response from MailerLite

This is what we love to hear - thank you so much for the review, Carmelo.

Nebojsa D.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

My review :)

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

It works and the support is great even for us with free plan! ;)

Pros

Amazing functionality and ease of use...

Cons

none, everything is fine for now, than you for that

Recommendation of a friend and price

Recommendation of a friend and price

Response from MailerLite

You're very much welcome, Nebosja :)

Steven V.

• Customer Support Software

functional product for an unbelievably low price.

Reviewed on 02/10/2021

We looked at Mailer Lite at first to handle the automated welcome email to our new members. Our business involves training in meditation. We have developed a process to solicit daily input from our members about their practice and to send automated, situation specific daily and feedback. I have been able to adapt this marketing tool to this training process.

Pros

The free version might have worked for my purpose, but the $10 per month was inexpensive for the chat tech support vs. the email support available for free. The $10 price should carry us well into the growth of our business before needing something more expensive.

Cons

I am unfamiliar with email automation to begin with, so I don't know how this compares to other products, and I am still learning how to use this, but it seems that there is room for improvement in the process of designing workflows and in storing/retrieving templates. They reported that they are working on technology to increase the speed of automated responses and repetitive processes.

Response from MailerLite

Thank you for leaving us such a thorough feedback, we truly appreciate it!

Fiona W.

MailerLite is the Best Choice Growing Small Businesses

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Exceptionally positive. Highly recommend this option to small businesses. Worth every penny.

Pros

MailerLite's customer service is the best. You don't have to pay more money to get access to excellent customer service. Their chat feature allows you to connect with customer service in under 5 minutes. They actually answer your questions too, none of that templated response bullshit.

For anyone moving away from Mailchimp's free trial, I recommend moving over to MailerLite. The platform is super easy to use and integrates with many other popular marketing/sales tools.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the platform after 6 months of use.

Response from MailerLite

So glad your pennies are dancing for joy. This is a lovely review, Fiona - thank you very much.

Danielle G.

The best autoresponder out there

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I love Mailerlite and recommend it to my clients.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and is available in more languages, not just in English.

Cons

Would be nice if the knowledge base and support was also available in French.

Kim M.

MailerLite beats the competition

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

I've been using Mailerlite to automate my email marketing for over 2 years and it was FREE for the first 1,000 subscribers. That's a steal considering the functionality that comes with it.

Pros

I like that my email marketing automation is easy to create, schedule and deliver at a price point suitable for bloggers not yet making a profit.

Cons

There are so many features and functions I don't use the tool to its fullest capacity. It's so robust I haven't even figured it all out yet.

Response from MailerLite

Great that you're still with us after so long Kim! Having a great community is what keeps us going.

Should you want to learn more, we now have the MailerLite Academy, where you can become a certified email marketing expert:https://academy.mailerlite.com/

-Lay

Valerica C.

• Customer Support Software

anytime is somebody available to help you on chat

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

good

Pros

very intuitive. i can manage my newsletter very fast

Cons

i would like to be more explanations about all features

GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

very few features in free account

price

Response from MailerLite

Hi Valerica, did you know we have a MailerLite Academy which you can sign up for free? Here, our expert will go through all the features and how to make MailerLite work for you.

You can find more information here: https://academy.mailerlite.com/

Karen O.
  • Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Affordable easy to use email service

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

An affordable easy piece of software. Transferred from the much more expensive MailChimp and have no regrets

Pros

Drag and drop features and templates. Easy to use existing campaign and adjust content so you remain on brand. Automation sequence is also handy when onboarding new customers.

Cons

Some times drag and drop gets a bit unwieldy when using larger images and text blocks but it's a minor niggle.

Response from MailerLite

Thank you for the review, Karen! I have to say before this, I never knew the word niggle and I think is my new favorite word :)

Solid GDPR-Compliant Mail-Software

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Pros

I like most that you can track all the user information super simple (signup confirmation, which emails they received etc). So when you get a request of a newsletter subscriber you can just send him this document they offer.

Cons

Sometimes the support during rush hours is not the fastest.

Larry N.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Early Impressions - 5 Stars. Support is awesome!

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

Pros

Great value. Just getting started with the platform, but initial impression is MailerLite is as fully featured as the well known names...for a fraction of the cost. I hope their deliverability is as good.
Customer support has been exceptional! VERY responsive, helpful and knowledgeable. So far I would say MailerLite's support is industry leading. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular is amazing!

Cons

Haven't encountered any cons yet. If I do, I'll update.

Response from MailerLite

Welcome to the community, Larry! Any feedback you may have for us can also be mailed at [email protected]

Adeleke S.

Advanced Email Marketing Simplified

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Overall: As a digital marketing agency.

It is easy to integrate MailerLite account with my WordPress Websites by using the available WordPress plugin.

Sales automations is made easy without any technical experience required.

The Ease-Of-Use of MailerLite has increased my email list and also guarantees successful delivery of email campaigns to the intended recipients.

Pros

Mailerlite provides a complete email marketing solution.

What makes it unique from others is its EASE OF USE.

The intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it easy to design beautiful and highly converting landing pages and pop-up forms.

Their dashboard makes it easy to manage subscribers.

The price is flexible and affordable relatively compared to the value gotten from the service.

Cons

As simple and easy Mailerlite is, the least thing I liked about Mailerlite is the fact that I find it difficult to get new accounts approved even though all requirements are met verifying with a custom email account.

And the support team doesn't have any tangible reason to backup their claims.

As this is the main problem I've been facing because I'd love to integrate Mailerlite on my clients' website.

Suzan Ç.

Incredible value for money

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Before MailerLite I used a pricier alternative, I left it because I felt like I wasn't getting enough value for money and decided to try MailerLite after reading all the positive reviews. And may I say it exceeded my expectations. There are tons of features and it's quite user friendly and when something isn't clear you can easily ask it to a customer agent, they are extremely helpful. I love this tool

Pros

The price is reasonable compared to alternatives
The design flexibility is awesome
Customer service is amazing
The vast knowledge base

Cons

Setting up domain setting to improve deliverability was tricky

Price

ConvertKit

price and reviews

Response from MailerLite

We love that you love us, Suzan! Thank you so much for trying us out, and happy to hear it has exceeded your expectations.

Vibeke S.

• Customer Support Software

The support is quickly and so friendly

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

very easy to send emails

Pros

I love the support - the software is so easy to use, but when I have questions, the support team helps me very quickly and very friendly

Cons

I can't integrate mailerlite directly with our other software without using Zappier