MailerLite

Email marketing software for smart business

4.5 /5 (395 reviews) Write a Review!

• Customer Support Software

Mailchimp as it should be

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

I use it for all my small and medium sized clients and i feel comfortable in saying that the free plan can cover almost any need they have.

Pros

Mailerlite is my software of choice if you plan to step in the newsletter marketing arena. It has all the features you need (and some top-class feature) to get you up and running quickly with an easy learning curve. The Survey and Quizzes function is my favorite one, alongside it's simple automation workflow engine.

Cons

Mailerlite it's a pleasure to use, but it's not (yet?) capable as more structured tools like Active Campaign or Sendinblue as far as segmenting and tracking user for marketing purposes. If you need more "power" under the hood you'll have to switch. But you'll miss the ease of use and the marvelous template builder this tool has!

Anastasiya ad sach G.
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Perfect launchpad for email marketing

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

I recommend it to every single business owner I work with who doesn't need complex automations and integrations - however Mailerlite is fully capable of handling a complete funnel with many automations and branches, from opt-in and landing page to ending sequences, adding them to other, delays, and much more.
They just updated their landing page builder which has been a huge step up and I'll continue to recommend this to all of my clients, who haven't had a single complaint yet!

Pros

MailerLite has been the underdog and they're really listening to customer needs and developing things that people want and need without going overboard. The interface is clean and simple, landing pages, opt-ins, and automations do the job. The commerce connection has been flawless with Wordpress.

What I really like about MailerLite is their deliverability rate and vetting process. They really do check accounts being signed up, which keeps their rates high and avoiding the promotion tab.

Cons

It's not popular among automation connections - I have to go through Zapier, and also there's no real tagging. But that's also why I like it - it's simple and straightforward, no fluff no fuss, no excuses to not get the job done.

Kenda M.

Great ESP!

Reviewed on 22/11/2020

Easy to use, all the features I need.

Pros

Seems to have all the functionality of other popular email service providers.

Cons

I'm unsure my emails are going to people's inboxes.

Caitriona M.

Beginner Friendly Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

Mailerlite is an amazing option for new bloggers and businesses. The interface is easy to use, and the stellar customer support replies quickly to all concerns. You can create subscriber groups, automation, landing pages, and awesome emails.

Pros

Mailerlite is very suitable for bloggers like me, who maybe don't have many subscribers yet, or a huge audience to sell to. On the paid plan, I've always found the staff at Mailerlite very supportive, and even on the free plan, they've got back to me quite quickly via email. Mailerlite is great for setting up automated emails, and I rarely have problems with it. It's definitely one of the best out there for email marketing.

Cons

I am obsessed with site speed, and I found that Mailerlite signup forms slowed down my site too much, so I found some alternative newsletter plugins that integrate with Mailerlite's email system. I only use Mailerlite's landing pages to grab emails.

Another problem I've found is that if I set up a new signup form and automation, my company details don't automatically populate, and I have to refresh the email subscriber form. It's just a minor thing but can still be a little frustrating.

Response from MailerLite

Minor things are still very important for us to know, so thank you for giving us this feedback. We will definitely write this down. TPR teaching sounds also very interesting Caitriona!. Didn't really know there was a term for this - feel always free to share more with us!

- Lay

Teya B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

A Mailing Service that makes their competitors look dated

Reviewed on 26/12/2018

I will continue using MailerLite. They leave competitors like ChailChimp in the past.

Pros

I love MailerLite and I use it for years for my company's newsletters. They are easy to use and offer any feature that you might need at far better price than their competitors.

The pricing of MailerLite is probably the best in the field. It allows you to send unlimited emails to your list. You pay per subscriber, not per email, which is quite convinient for companies with 5000+ subscribers.

Another thing that I like is their current design layout, dozens of premade templates for the holidays and how easy it is to setup everything by yourself without having to read complex guides.

Cons

I really feel that their support can and SHOULD be improved. In their live chat often times I feel like I am speaking to the little sister of the support guy. They need like 20 minutes to even understand my question. When they finally get it, they inform me that smeone with the required qualification will email me in a few days with a solution to my problem. This has happened several times already and such a great product deserved better support squad.

• Customer Support Software

User-friendly, surprisingly affordable, and powerful autoresponder

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Free up to 1000 subscribers. You don't have to pay them anything if you are just beginning to build your list.

Pros

MailerLite is one of the best and easy-to-use email autoresponder out there. What I like most about MailerLite is its novice-friendly features and easy-to-use interface. It allows even new users like me who don't have the required technical skills to send beautiful and elegant emails to my subscribers.

But for me, the best feature of MailerLite is it's totally free for the first 1,000 subscribers. So if you have a pretty small subscriber list, then you don't have to pay anything but still, you can use all the necessary functionalities.

The Customer Service is also helpful and responsive with their 'Chat Features'

Cons

Perhaps, one of the biggest disadvantages of MailerLite is that they do not allow Affiliate Links. This is crucial especially for users who are relying on other people's list when selling their products.

Laetitia R.

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Pros

Mailerlite is what you would expect from an automation software. When you get your head round it it's fairly easy to use. As a new user of this kind of software I'm finding the training videos very useful and where I haven't been able to find the answer I needed, the customer service team has been brilliant. I got answers in very little time, with clear explanations and screenshots to help me resolve my issues. I would definitely recommend!

Cons

The software isn't always intuitive, in some forms you have to edit your content in the side bar, some others you edit in the body of the form. It gets a bit confusing but once you get your head round it it gets easier. In the free version, you also aren't able to save your brand colours which can make it a bit lengthy when creating something from scratch.

George O.

• Customer Support Software

Great and Simple Email marketing platform with all the features you'll ever need

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Increased my list count and user subscription properly segmented users and increased customer response with easy to use email designer.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the user dashboard and the practicality of its flow. The reporting is awesome the A/B split testing is thorough and simple to include in any campaign and covering the subject line, email content, etc...
Automation and workflow features, although very advanced are practical and powerful.
The forms contain all you need, from pop-up forms, landing page forms, etc..all with settings that go from click to pop-up, exit intent, time-on-site, and many other event triggers.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about MailerLite, if anything I would like to see full-featured landing page builder being added and remarketing/retargeting capability to the lists on the account, but that would probably mean a different use of the platform. MailerLite is great as is.

Jorg W.

• Customer Support Software

User-friendly and great customer support

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

Pros

Fairly easy to set up campaigns and workflows.

Cons

I can't say it's always the software's problem since I don't have a lot of experience with other Mailing Apps. That said, I struggle sometimes when my workflows become somewhat more complex. I can't always find answers, but thankfully customer support manages to provide me with a clear answer most of the time.

Response from MailerLite

It's review like yours that help others to get to the right path. Thanks so much Jorg.

You may not know this, but we've launched a MailerLite Academy to teach our community how to grow further.

Enrolling is free, and you even get a little certificate at the end for being a MailerLite pro. Just find us online.

Love,

Lay

Gareth R.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Good value for money

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

This helps us really communicate with our customers in a cost-effective way. It's easy to use and gets the job done.

Pros

Lots of features for a modest price. Unlimited emails are great for an ecom business like ours, and the automation is essential for us (it's the main reason we switched from HubSpot, which cost literally 10x more to include automation)

Cons

Still lacks some expected functionality and reports features. You can't capture a huge amount of data about subscribers and doing time-series analysis on your data is hard.

Response from The Remote Company

Hey Gareth, glad to hear from you and your feedback. Feel free to let us know more about the report features you find lacking. We're always open to understand our community's needs.

Patrick C.

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Happy - support have responsed to requests same day.

Pros

Ability to launch surveys and ease of campaigns

Cons

Not being able to view subscribers by all their allocated groups in one download

Response from MailerLite

Hi Patrick, glad to hear we can make your life a bit easier. You are indeed correct that at the moment we do not have such feature to see your allocated groups but should you wish you can use custom fields and segments when dowloading a mailing list.

Our lovely support team can explain this further if needed.

Have a Lite day!

Michelle H.
  • Industry: Online Media

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

Affordable, easy to use, added value with landing pages/popups

Pros

I have used MANY services and Mailerlite is hands down the best. That is the truth and I am in no way incentivized for this review. It is affordable, especially when your list gets pretty large. It is easy to use and you can create exactly the email you want very quickly. They let you customize your opt in/opt out pages and it's easy to do. Another super cool feature is they let you make pop ups/ embedded forms, and even landing pages! That is stuff others don't offer or even charge more for.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints. There are a couple times I thought of going to a self hosted mailing list, but mailerlite is so perfect for me I don't want to leave.

Daria M.

I thought I had a bug

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

I thought that there was something wrong with my landing page editor as I did not see the success page tab on it. When I reached out to Mailerlite, the representative told me to zoom out. When I read the email, I was flabbergasted. "Oh my gosh, don't tell me it was just that simple." Immediately, I signed into Mailerlite and sure enough, I had to ZOOM OUT! It donned on me that when things around us are so complicated, we always think the solution is just as complicated. This incident reminded me that if the situation seems complicated, go through the small steps first to ensure that you (the user) double checked the small things.

Pros

I like that the software is very user-friendly, so much so that sometimes you forget the smallest of things to help you.

I love that the software works with you at every stage of your business, giving you time to grow, while still allowing you to access the automation to help ease some of the many jobs of being a business owner.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like is my web host is not compatible with Mailerlite.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Daria, thanks for the love! Sad to hear that we're not compatible with your web host, would this be from their end? If not, get in touch with our lovely support team and see if they can help you out with this.

Much love,

Lay

Jovanhanna T.

• Customer Support Software

The best email platform and it has landing pages!

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Pros

Super easy to use from the start. There is zero coding needed to create landing pages and beautiful email newsletters. Their free account offers automation and many of the same advantages as the paid accounts. Mailerlite is constantly improving and adding new features. Ive been using them for about 3 years now and absolutely love it and recommend it to anyone looking for an email solution.

Cons

Its not able to integrate with other plugins that are specific to the theme I use on my website. There are workarounds, but it would be nice if I could have that functionality.

Angélica C.

Best thing since MailChimp

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

Pros

They have a really nice price and features. Every month they roll out a new feature that puts them closer to the big player, aka mailchimp.
They keep improving and launching new feature and the price has been the same since forever. Completely honest and amazing support.
They cut my email marketing cost in half and kept most of the important features I was looking for.

Cons

I would like to see more payment options (paypal) and more personalization tools. Also, every upgrade requires an approval from the support team and it can take time.

Jackie N.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Wonderful product, wonderful support

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

A good solid product that's well designed and functions in a way that make it easy to use - I never dread having to open MailerLite to update or create a new automation. I have used other providers but Mailerlite outshines them.

Pros

Intuitive layout, intuitive graphics - you can easily figure out where you need to go to get your work done. The graphics are easy on the eye, and everything works from the get-go.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like. I love this product.

Response from MailerLite

We love to shine and we're happy you see that Jackie! We're glad you found your way into our community and that you are loving it.

Should you need anything from us, just send some love our way a [email protected]

- Lay

• Used Other for 2+ years

• Customer Support Software

Mailerlite is a good choice

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

It is a good and affordable choice for email marketing. especially if you don't need customer support.

Pros

1-Automation supports so many conditions especially based on custom fields. For example, we can define a custom field for gender of our contact and send different emails based on the user’s gender.
2-Form builder and especially Popup builder is a very good facility for creating discount campaigns and promoting them in our website and measure our discount campaign success indexes.
3-Supporting the right to left languages including Arabic, Hebrew, …
4-Affordable price
5-Very good and easy to user reports of campaigns.

Cons

Customer support has been a real challenge for me. They replied to my email too late.
If they added some Arabic fonts, it would be better for supporting RTL.

Bob S.

• Customer Support Software

I love MailerLite, packed with features even for the free version.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

MailerLite makes keeping in touch with my subscribers so simple, I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

I love that it is easy to use and packed with so many features even in the free version. The ability to copy campaigns and just make a few changes to send out another mailing in minutes is probably one of the best features.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with the web forms in getting them just right for my website, but typically after a few tries I can get it.

• Industry: Entertainment

• Customer Support Software

A nice option for authors to use to distribute their newsletters.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Overall, the price is reasonable for the service provided. The staff are always easy to reach via their chat desk, and the functionality of the software continues to be developed.

Pros

I use this product to send my readers a newsletter from me. The software allows me to have an automation set up, as well as landing pages which I find incredibly helpful.

Cons

The open rate on the newsletter is lower than it should be, a problem due to Mailerlite's servers getting blacklisted from time to time. It's rather frustrating when that happens.

Response from MailerLite

Hello,

Open rates can depend on many different factors and each case should be investigated separately.

If you could please email us at [email protected], we can look into this.

Thank you!

Elizabeth P.

• Customer Support Software

Mailerlite is much better than its Competitors. Easier to use and more cost effective!

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

I can recommend it to my customers and know that either i can help them fast or they can DIY it with the expert customer support!

Pros

The Reports are easy to access and understand.
Creating Multiple Campaigns at one time is a Snap!

Cons

The Automation is a bit confusing.
Could there be a feature to repeat a campaign on a monthly weekly etc basis?

• Used Other for 2+ years

Mailerlite - Great for easiness AND quality

Reviewed on 20/03/2019

Had it on autopilot for a site for over 2+ years, without interruptions or hiccups.
Satisfied with it.

Pros

It is one of THE most, easy autoresponders I have used, and I have used a few.
Also, it is free and paid.
The free option is great for using it for small sites and the setup as mentioned, is very easy, making it a breeze to use for anyone, both new, and advanced.

Cons

Hard to pinpoint what I don't like about it as it has great value on its own.
If I were to be picky, I would say functionality would be it, as I have it on one site, and I remember from setting it up there was something I did miss, but it was NOT crucial, so the value shaded that "downer" so to say.

Suzie F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Mailerlite made my life so much easier!

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

It was so much easier than Mailchimp and I was able to pick it up so easily.

Pros

I loved the ease of use of the software to create my newsletters without the tech headache.

Cons

Had problems with the font until I figured out how to change the default.

Response from MailerLite

Nobody wants a tech headache. Glad to have you part of our community Suzie. Should you have any questions or get stuck anywhere, our support team are stars!

Latasha P.

• Customer Support Software

Mailerlite is one of the best email marketing tools!

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

Overall I would highly recommend this software to anyone. My experience with this software has been absolutely amazing.

Pros

Mailerlite is one of the best softwares for email marketing. I currently use this Budget friendly software to send email weekly to my subscribers. It’s super easy to use and it’s also user-friendly when designing a newsletter.

Cons

The only con I have about the software would be that it doesn’t have a lot of landing page templates but overall it is a great software to use if you are on a budget.

Traci W.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and affordable

Reviewed on 26/05/2019

Pros

MailerLite is easy to use but powerful. I recently tried another brand that is much more popular but more expensive but it was much harder to use. I really like how easy MailerLite is and if you do have any issues they have many videos available through their Help section and their Youtube to help you. If you still need help their customer service is wonderful and I docked it one star as I thought it was a little on the slower side, however it was almost a year ago I last needed their help.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like about MailerLite. I have been using it a little over a year and no issues.

Rishab C.

Mailerlite - Review

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

I could reach my users in a much more involved way. The problem was it costed way to much for the value I would receive.

Pros

I really enjoy how I was given a set of templates to create an email campaign and it was simply dragging and drop software.

Cons

I hate how I'd have to get premium to use more intricate drag and drop models. I think it costs way too much.

Response from MailerLite

Hello Rishab,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Sorry to hear that you felt like the value you are receiving is too low.

However, I am happy to tell you that free and paid clients get to use the same drag & drop editor with the same functionality.

If you have any question regarding the functionality of our features or have any suggestions on how to improve it, please reach out to us at [email protected]

Thanks again!