Timely

Booking Software for Hair, Beauty & Wellbeing Professionals

4.7 /5 (632 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.4
Gordon R.

not there yet guys!

Reviewed on 22/04/2017

I've used timely for a while, fantastic until you discover another system,
I was happy with Timely until my wee map icon would not take me to Google (app) maps a bit of a bugger when you're a mobile service provider and need fast easy effective solutions, today I just discovered the solution to my problem, that's after asking Timely customer service for help, got the stock standard replies plus all the team have tried to solve the issue! the answer was simple I would have expected all the Timely peeps would have solved that one! & by the way, the problem was not a Timely one but you did not go that wee bit further to help me

so after a few weeks, i went searching for another system found & set more tried them both (and a few others. very good on par with Timely but found a different program and I am now very happy.
As a mobile service provider, when I receive a phone call within 60 seconds I need to key in my clients details & book their job, the map thing, is also a must I don't need to be typing in addresses into google maps, a lot of the time my Timely invoices were not syncing with xero, so i switched to a competitor and gave the log in details to my book keeper and happy days, i can now send automated requests for reviews with using a outside system, i can tag my clients and search them this allows me to send reminders vouchers discounts easier than the Timely set up.
The overall cost for me does not matter all of the systems are within coooeee of each other so thats not an issue.

thanks Timely peeps

Pros

easy to set up and use

Cons

lacks functionality

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Michael C.

Delivers brilliantly for this driving school

Reviewed on 29/04/2016

Been working with Timely for nearly a year. From startup. I was looking for a software partner that would place me quickly in the market, and out in front of the competition. Timely has delivered all the way.

I love the way that Timely automates customer bookings. Customers from my website or Facebook page can schedule a time that suits them and their favourite trainer, All I have to do is make sure the vehicles are not double-booked. SMS and emails flow to and from my customers automatically, and to staff, keeping us all informed of bookings. I love the way that I was able to code my website with Timely links, managing the promotion of services.

I love the way that Timely works happy with eWAY. Customers can pay online, be sent invoices later - and when they do it shows up clearly in Timely. I love waking up in the morning and seeing a new booking from a new customer, already paid, showing on my Timely calendar.

I love the way that Timely seamlessly connects with Xero. Same invoice number in both systems. Proper accounting rules govern the way they interact. When I discovered an error in the way GST was being processed between the two, it was the Timely crew that responded to my call for "help" with a solution.

There's always room for improvement, but we're told the Timely techbots are probably working on them. They regularly release new ideas (gift vouchers, last Christmas; credit notes, last month). They tell me (email received while writing this review) that they're working on adding "Resources" to the scheduling, which might eliminate my double-booked vehicles. They regularly ask for feedback, and ask us to vote on the importance of particular improvements (works-in-progress). They respond to issues quickly. Hard to ask for more.

And I am thankful for their price structure. The value of Timely to my business is far greater than I could afford (as a small business startup). I would find it very difficult to live without Timely, and wish them (and you) every success in the future.

Hope you found my review helpful in making your decision. Drop me a line sometime.

Sophie A.

Great experience

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

Great prices for a great software

Pros

How simple it is to use. That i receive emails when clients have booked. The reports are easy to read and show plenty of information

Cons

I would like some more features, like loyalty programs, a few more reports, For clients to see their appointments when they log into timely so they don't need to call us and check what time is it. I know it is in their first email but many clients delete this. It also sometimes won't let us delete treatments in the editing area.

It would be cool to have a customized pop up botton that could pop up near the end of sale ie. have they got their waxing gloves, to remind us to. tell about the promotion we have.

Ursula G.
Company size: Self Employed

Our business can't do without the Timely booking system. Saves us a lot of time.

Reviewed on 23/07/2017

We have heard from people that have had trouble with some companies that get their bookings mixed up or double book clients. With Timely we spend the minimum time on booking clients. Our clients mention it's very easy to book online and they appreciate the reminders texts for their appointments. For us as a business it makes things work smoothly while our business looks professional and by having the reminders sent to our clients, we eliminate wasting time and money with clients not showing up for their appointments.

Pros

Timely takes care of the very important part of our business - booking of appointments. Without this working smoothly we wouldn't have a successful business. Our clients book online, get reminders of their appointments and we don't have to do anything!

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about the Timely software. It's totally worth the money we pay for it.

Liz M.

Amazing System Affordable and Efficient

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

It took me over 12 months to decide on a system after looking at the pros and cons of many systems. I decided on TIMELY and have not looked back.
As a specialize service that provides Cosmetic Tattooing, Beauty Services and Cosmetic Tattoo Training (sometimes throughout Australia), we needed a system that could allow us to book in treatments and groups, but also model appointments for the students learning Cosmetic Tattooing, on the same day.
We have been incredibly happy with our choice and would recommend TIMELY to other salons. The system is really easy to work and easy to add extra staff as you expand. The TIMELY staff are very helpful and they are constantly looking to improve the system.
I have no hesitation in recommending TIMELY, my only problem is I didn't start sooner.

Pros

easy to use,

Cons

Doesn't allow for fortnightly rosters.

Nicole W.
Industry: Education Management

Great Simple Booking System

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

It's been really easy to use - probably in the next 6 months will use it for more marketing / promotional opportunities.

Pros

It's been great for my business - sms reminders were the main reason I chose Timely, to avoid No Shows, appointment reminders have been very successful and my students love it......also value for money!!

Cons

I haven't looked into it a lot yet - but I would like to send a SMS congratulations to students once they pass their test but haven't worked out how to do it.
I would like to be able to 'inactivate' a customer and not actually have to 'delete' them from the system?

Tracey N.
Company size: Self Employed

I recommend Timely to anyone who has client appointments

Reviewed on 03/03/2017

Well, my review title says it all. For me, I cannot fault Timely at all. It does everything I want it to do, and has many features that I do not use. I recommend it to all my business contacts that deal with customer/client appointments, classes and workshops.

Pros

The ability to set up a variety of products, services and classes. The way it integrates with Xero, my accounting software and it's integration with mailchimp.

Cons

I do not use Timely for it's accounting function, and I cannot easily see how to 'clear down' outstanding payments, which have, in fact been paid through xero.

Nikki W.
Company size: Self Employed

Easy to use value for money excellent customer service

Reviewed on 06/06/2017

It has Increased sales and new business. More time created. More efficiency and more productive money making time for the business. Organization increased.

Pros

Its very easy to use the clients find the process straight forward and actually enjoy using it. It has also encouraged clients to book ahead to get their preferred slots and if they are diary lead it means less phone calls and admin for me to deal with. As a one man band this is the first priority for me.

Cons

Inability for clients to cancel appointments online which leads to them contacting me and creating more work for me. I'd lie them to be self sufficient to cut down my admin time.

Jorge M.
Industry: Accounting

TIMELY REVIEW

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

IT HAS HELPED MY OFFICE A LOT WITH MANAGING EACH EMPLOYEES DAYS.

Pros

MY OFFICE AND ALL OUR EMPLOYEES HAVE TIMELY AND IT IS NICE TO HAVE. EASY TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENTS AND IS EASY TO USE. VERY WORTH IT

Cons

I HAVE HAD NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL SO FAR FROM ANY OF MY EMPLOYEES.

Yani C.
Industry: Music

I love it! It's a Godsend! Just a really good product basically (Not getting paid to say this btw)

Reviewed on 30/11/2016

Quite easy to use too, tho I had to have a bit of help at first as I'm not that techy... but it streamlines SO many processes it makes you wonder how you did all that stuff before... they keep updating too and it creates a really professional look and feel too ...

Pros

So many great features that streamline everything and makes your business look professional.

Cons

Sometimes its not obvious what the little icons are for or what the descriptions of the features are... perhaps a legend ( or little window that comes up to explain? maybe a tutorial (maybe there is one I must admit Im not sure

Jonathan P.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Everything I've been looking for for a long time

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

We started using the software about a year ago, and have not looked back. It is easy to use, reliable and you can use as many or as few features as you like. Any time I have been unsure how to do something, I have emailed the admin staff and they have got back to me with a detailed response very quickly.

Pros

Easy to navigate and set up
Reliable
Help is always at hand if needed

Cons

Not a fan of the new update. It gives the option to switch back to the old version which I have done, but every time I open the app it asks me to switch to the new one. I just don't like change and have the view "If something is working well, why change it?"

Christine C.
Industry: Cosmetics

Simplicity and effective

Reviewed on 06/01/2017

I think timely is amazing! From their apps and ease to use between my devices from anywhere! To the support team who are always prompt in helping as much as possible! The features make everything for my bookkeeper and myself in order and easy! I have been so happy to have joined in my scheduling with timely, my clients love how easy the online booking is!! Even when I'm on the other side of the world. Way to go timely!!

Pros

How I can use it anywhere, anytime, and from any device!

Cons

Hard to think of any.

Colin B.
Industry: Retail

Colin William Hair & Beauty

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

Everything you could possibly want in a booking and appointment system. Makes life so much easier from stock levels gift vouchers and full accounting built in. Always constantly updated and you can even request certain tweaks to be made, I have done this and it's great to see the changes made and a lovely email to back it up. Keep up the amazing work.

Regards
Colin

Pros

Everything

Cons

Can't use Worldpay with it to take payment and deposits, would be great if it worked with the Apple Watch.

Valentina S.
Industry: Cosmetics

Like it a lot

Reviewed on 05/11/2016

I use it over a year. Very easy to use. Clients like the reminders. For me that cuts a on no shows. I can access my schedule from any place in the world and make changes. Clients love to be able to make appointments on line. That helps with more bookings, because clients can book at any time of the day and on my days off. I like it.

Pros

Easy to use, well laid out.

Cons

Some times it is lagging. Takes time to reboot and reload.

Clara K.
Industry: Consumer Services

Timely gave me my life vack

Reviewed on 07/07/2016

I was booking appointments old school and was overwhelmed by demand. I needed help and now I can focus on my clients I am with then worrying about returning phone calls or missing a potentially new customer. Timely does it for me.

Pros

All my clients LOVE it's 24/7 availability and ease of use. It was super easy to set up and to customize to my business model. Love the referral reward program!

Cons

I have absolutely no Cons at this time. Pretty seamless, I'd say. :)

Dawn H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Very easy to use from day one. Has almost all the functions I need

Reviewed on 20/05/2017

Easy to schedule and change appointments, it saves admin a lot of time when booking work. Plus the auto alerts to technicians saves time also.

Pros

I like the alerts to customers and technicians. It is also easy to change appointments around and I like that customers can book on line.

Cons

It doesn't sync quite as well with xero as I had hoped. It is also a little limited in its functions with the way we do business.

Bianca W.

Love Timely!

Reviewed on 29/12/2016

I love that I found timely a few years ago. I have been so happy with the quality of the app and the service to provides to me. After using shortcuts for years and I've been very happy to switch over. Like all things, development takes time and there are a few things that it can't do for me yet, but they are in the works! I would never look back and I've recommended this app to a few people now, and they love it just as much! Great value for money! Thank you Timely! Bianca

Andrew W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Timely makes me a better psychic

Reviewed on 21/06/2016

I've used Timely for over s year and I love it. Timely has made my psychic business more efficient.

Clients book, pay and then they're on my doorstep. It's that easy.

Timely lets me be a great psychic, it helps me be bad at admin and that I love.

Pros

Ease of use and efficiency.

Cons

I've been waiting for a detailed booking form that I can program and set for me to get more info from my clients. Apparently it's coming soon.

Vanessa K.
Company size: Self Employed

One very happy customer :-)

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

Love Timely and I am so glad I decided to get an online booking system (prior to this I used a diary and spent many hours getting appointments booked via txt and phone conversations). Seamless now and my clients love the fact that they can go and book themselves in, easy peasy!

Pros

Easy for tech un-savvy peeps like me.

Cons

Still don't know how to use all features ...yet!

Kerry H.
Industry: Consumer Services

Work/life balance made so much easier with Timely!

Reviewed on 21/10/2016

I run a small beauty salon with 3 staff and over 1000 clients. Timely has changed my life in so many ways and I am so glad I made the decision to go with them.

I can now confirm client appointments on the move, check times and amend staff working hours and so so much more.

As a busy mum and a business owner this software allows me to multi task and helps take the stress out of running a business.
Thank you Timely!

Pros

App for my phone, easy to use.

Kerrod G.
Industry: Sports
Company size: Self Employed

The perfect solution for a golf coach!

Reviewed on 11/01/2017

I have been using Timely for over a year now and absolutely COULD NOT imagine my business without it. Everything from the classes, scheduling not to mention the integration with my accounting and email marketing software, it is truly by far the best product I have introduced for my business. Thanks to the guys at Timely I can now focus on doing what I love and let their awesome software handle the tasks I don't.
Thanks guys!

Pros

Everything

Cons

Nothing

Jacqui C.
Industry: Sports

Above and Beyond Customer Service

Reviewed on 21/12/2016

Amazing customer service.
always answers your questions promptly and is always available for you
The program is very customizable and user friendly for all.

Pros

Accessible from anywhere at anytime - all staff are able to use this and keeps everyone updated - know who is available to teach, where and what time.

Cons

Nothing we have come across.

Simon L.

Completely streamlined our booking and stock management systems.

Reviewed on 19/07/2017

Pros

Easy to use cloud based booking system that has allowed us to integrate online diary with 2 way text and email notification, stock control and invoice/ billing system. We can now book in clients using mobile devise when we are not in the clinic.

Cons

Very little to complain about, it's little bit clunky when used on Android phones or tablets. Could do with an Android app like the Timely Apple app.

Mei L.

Using Timely for business

Reviewed on 14/06/2016

Using timely has been great thus far. Very easy to use and train my staff on. Not a lot of time is required.

Pros

Easy to use from adding products to cashing someone out

Cons

Feel like certain feature could be improved or added to make things a bit more convenient for bookings products and such

Ilenie S.

Why I love Timely

Reviewed on 18/09/2016

I absolutely LOVE Timely!! It is SO easy to use, is affordable, the staff are friendly & incredibly helpful & are very speedy to reply. Anyone hesitating on whether or not to use Timely hesitate no longer as you will be so happy!!

Pros

I love how I can login from anywhere & so can my employees