Timely

Write a Review!
Timely. The booking software that keeps clients coming back.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.7/5
Customer Support Software
4.7/5

Janelle
Janelle

• Customer Support Software

Great customer service, flexible plans to suit all our needs

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

Access 24/7 from wherever we are. Payments from our clients at all hours of the day as they book their appointments online.

Pros

The simplicity, it's easy to use and understand. No staff trainer required to use it, self explanatory. Easy to review calendar. Easy access from computer, devices or phones anywhere.

Cons

It doesn't do a cash daily reconciliation or detailed breakdown of what is coming in each day. A few more email options to personalise follow ups with clients and rebooking reminder emails. It would be better if there were more fields we could fill in for each client and personalise them according to what we need to know about them.

Monika
  • Industry: Hospitality

Excellent product

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Pros

Very easy product for scheduling your meetings etc.....very easy to navigate

Cons

Software update happens quite often which leads you to learn again about new features.

Carmen

• Customer Support Software

Program needs work and better customer service

Reviewed on 07/11/2015

Timely is definitely beautiful and effortless. It is one of the better salon software programs I have come across in my 15 years in this industry however, if you live in Canada/United States this is not the software for you. It does not separate taxes on reports so you can never distinguish between your GST and your PST. Also, it does not offer the tip option and as tips are a massive part of the service industry in Canada and the United States this is one of their biggest downfalls. Its overall program is easy to use and very nice looking however it isn't a program that should be offered worldwide. I used the free trial for a few days just to test it out and see, I did have a few questions that I wanted answered and it took their customer service team an entire two days to reply (I sent in my query during the week so there is no excuse for this). I do hope that they add to their program because I believe they have a good thing going they just need a little more work.

Response from Timely

Hi Carmen, thanks for your feedback - it's great to hear you found Timely to be one of the best.
We're sorry it didn't quite fit your needs. We are constantly adding new features and there's lots more to come.
Apologies also for a slow reply, it looks like it took 30 hours for us to respond to your request. This is certainly slower than normal, and replying within 10 hours is something we work hard to achieve. We understand how important it is to hear back quickly when you're working through things, so we place huge value on fast, helpful customer service (it's one of the main reasons our customers love Timely!). Your feedback reassures us of the importance of that focus, so thank you.
Adding a tip to a service is a feature we will likely add in future, you can vote for it here: http://bit.ly/1SEcirR
Thanks again for the thoughtful feedback, really appreciate your time :-)

Jose
Jose
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

The revolution of my business

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

The ability to send automatic reminders to my clients has greatly improved timeliness and reduced last minute cancellations. Also, the service and product recommendation feature has helped increase my income by offering personalized suggestions to my customers.

Pros

I can't believe how it has revolutionized my business! What I like the most is its magnificent and customizable calendar. It's so easy to use and puts me in complete control of the customer experience! I no longer have to deal with those old paper booking methods, everything is digitized and impeccably organized!

Cons

My least favorite thing is that it can be a bit tricky to set up at times. Being a low-tech person, it took me a bit of time to understand all the features and customize the software to my specific needs.

Juan
Juan
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

My business thrives and my customers keep coming back

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

My overall experience has been excellent. From the moment I started using it, I realized how easy it was to use and how intuitive it was. The calendar is very clear and customizable, which allows me to organize and schedule appointments efficiently.

Pros

What I like the most is its ease of use and customer-centric approach. With its beautiful customizable calendar, I am able to manage and schedule my clients' appointments quickly and efficiently. I also love the automatic appointment reminders feature.

Cons

I don't have many complaints. However, one small improvement I could suggest is the option to further customize the appearance and layout of the calendar. Although the calendar is incredibly functional and easy to use, I would like more customization options to further tailor it.

Michelle
Michelle
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic online booking system for sole practitioners

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Client bookings continue to increase. Many new clients will choose me over another business because they can book online. I can easily see my financial situation for preparing tax statements. It's affordable, effective and easy to use.

Pros

The best and most important advantage for using this software is the ease it provides for my clients booking themselves in online. I get great feedback from clients.

Cons

I often miss messages so maybe a pop up notification would be helpful.

Lloyd
Lloyd
  • Industry: Construction Software

Very good scheduling software

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Pros

email campaign generation, easy to use, keeps a data base for contacts, can be customized,

Cons

There is an additional cost to associated with the amount of staff that you have. The more staff, the more the cost.

David
David

• Customer Support Software

Great for individual appointments ONLY.

Reviewed on 27/01/2019

I used this to book individual and group sessions in a gym environment. Have since switched to another system, which works better for group sessions. Sad to move away from the reporting and CRM integration.

Pros

It was pretty easy to use & had a great CRM element and reporting functionality.

Cons

Doesn’t support group session / classes overly well. Support was dropped quietly a couple of months ago.

A M Ruwanthi
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Keep track on time

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

Pros

We can allocate time where necessary.
helps businesses of all sizes allot and schedule tasks to team members.

Cons

Too expensive.
Not very user friendly.

Capwell
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Good app for Scheduling.

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Timely is nearly perfect, it promotes ease of use.

Timely is nearly perfect, it promotes ease of use.

Pros

The time tracking feature is superb.It is very efficient in scheduling too

Cons

It becomes limited when i want to use it on my mobile phone

Shiralee

User friendly

Reviewed on 18/08/2023

My experience with Timely has been a beautiful progressive one. I’ve enjoyed watching, timely’s growth. I’ve enjoyed watching my growth professionally and personally with Timely.

Pros

Timely has no nonsense features and it’s very simple and easy to use. Attention to detail and the ever HELPFUL, question mark icon ? But also the back up supportive communication Timely is Professional in all aspects.

Cons

Timely is a complete computer orientated database, so there’s no bells and whistles and hairy, fairy flowery stuff for my hairdressing industry

Jason

Simply brilliant!

Reviewed on 09/04/2015

Where to start? There are just so many pro's to Timely it will be a struggle to keep this short!
We...

We at Body Image Beauty recognise that the appointment book is central to our salons smooth running. We searched endlessly for a solution that would fulfil the needs of operating multiple salons without the cost, technical issues and re-worked solutions we had previously encountered. Our requirements were simple - to have an affordable appointment booking system that all our salons could access simultaneously and include shared treatment list, product list and client list. No more VPN's, Remote Access or screen sharing.
Timely met our needs, then mesmerised us with its myriad of features and ease of use. It cannot be emphasise enough just how easy Timely is to use. Our employees only get a half hour introduction to Timely and can be totally familiar with 80% of its features by the end of the day having used it for real. It's easy to find out what Timely can do so the main points will be about what it did for us.
We use all the Timely features ' every one of them is useful and will enhance how you manage your business and how you interact with your clients.
In real-world terms what Timely gave us was a single unified system utilised by all our salons. Changes to our prices were immediate and everywhere, client's details and history shared between all salons and bookings for one salon can be taken and entered by another salon - or by any employee from anywhere with internet access.
As with any system it's not without flaws. The difference with Timely though is twofold: a) They listen to their customers and react swiftly to fix bugs and implement new features, and b) The changes are immediate without the need to install anything. We no longer need to worry about updates or installing software, and because it's `in the cloud' computer hardware or backing up data is no longer a concern ' all I need is a browser. This is the first time we have felt confident that our appointments and client data are secure and backed-up all the time. It would be devastating and catastrophic to lose all that information.
After nearly 18 months using Timely we've had 100% access to the system and consistently fast page responses. There was no noticeable drop in performance even after switching to mobile data and the amount used would easily fit within a 1GB monthly plan.
I really could just go on and on and on''.

Response from Timely

Thank you for your great review, Jason! We¿re really glad to hear that you and your staff are making such fantastic use of our software. We really appreciate the time you've put in to share your experience with us :-)

Lauren

• Customer Support Software

Streamlined our business and saves time!

Reviewed on 09/04/2015

We implemented Timely into our company just over a year ago. We switched from WorkEtc, as we wanted not only to support local business, but also needed a system that would allow online booking for clients, and send text and email reminders to our clients.

Timely is around $20 cheaper per month for the subscription, and the text reminders are extremely cost effective. As the text is automated, clients are less likely to reschedule because they have to pick up the phone to do so, rather than just texting a person back. Our 'no-show' rate has dropped to about 1% (from 5-10%).

We run a photography studio, so Timely wasn't exactly built for our style of business (multiple locations on certain days with certain staff), but a few phone calls with the help desk, and a few hours of playing around with the system, we worked out how to make Timely work for us. I wish we had switched sooner!

The ability for clients to book online is INVALUABLE. I know I always remember to book things at 11pm at night when i'm lying in bed, and i know our clients do too!
No more emailing dates and times back and forth, clients saying 'let me check with my partner' and by the time they email back, the time is no longer available and we are back at square one.
We also have comments from clients who say how convenient it is that we have online booking, it makes look efficient and professional which is great for business.

The only con (which turned into a Pro) is that we had to integrate MailChimp into our business, as WorkEtc had a mail service inside it, however the Timely Team were extremely helpful in helping us set our tags on our current database, and help us import our database, so there was a smooth transition from one system to Timely. (Which is saying something, have you ever tried switching internet providers? Awful!)
I feel we also get a better response, as the MailChimp emails are much more attractive, and the trackability of the emails was extremely helpful.

Thanks Timely for saving us time and money, you are definitely a bill that i enjoy paying, and you earn every last cent!

PS - If you are thinking of using Timely, but think you don't have time to change systems, you don't have time NOT to change. Seriously, once you see how much time you save, and how many more bookings you'll get without even having to speak to anyone, you'll be like us, wondering why you didn't change sooner.

Response from Timely

Hi Lauren! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your thorough review and love having you in the Timely family :-)

Jacob
  • Used for 1+ year

Spa Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 10/10/2020

Overall, I had a good experience with Timely and would be open to using the software again. However, I will most likely be shopping around to find a more effective software and maybe a cheaper one as well.

Pros

I used this software as an employee at a spa that I worked for, for almost 2 years. I had a good experience with Timely and enjoyed most of its features. The most beneficial aspect of Timely is getting notifications about appointments made through Timely. Communication is key for a small business with a number of employees, Timely allowed management to bypass certain communications by utilizing Timely.

Cons

I didn't like all the content, options, and other features Timely offered. It was honestly very overwhelming trying to learn every aspect of Timely. I understand, having options is beneficial, but sometimes being simple is better. I was instructed by management to learn the software inside and out and it took quite a while to wrap my head around all the things Timely did and offered.

Response from Timely

Hi Jacob,
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Timely. I'm pleased that you enjoyed using our software and that we could help you communicate with your clients more effectively.
I can imagine being tasked with learning our whole system could take some time; we try to build features that are really flexible to meet our customer's needs but that can add some complexities. We're always working to make things easier for our users though and have been running some projects to improve and simplify our core user flows. I hope you'll give us another look if you're ever in the market for scheduling software again :)

Kelly

Reviewed on 08/08/2023

Overall experience is good, it doesn’t seem to lag or not function semi often.

Overall experience is good, it doesn’t seem to lag or not function semi often.

Pros

The integration is easy, customer service is great

Cons

It’s not as customisable as I would like, it was be great to be able to make certain times of the day only bookable for vip clients and also have an add on section that pops up to prompt clients to add on an extra treatment etc

Reasons for Choosing Timely

Reasons for Switching to Timely

Josie

Timely

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

Pros

Ease of calendar and booking system..

Cons

Reports are not clear and precise. Too expensive if want to add another column for led lounge. No room allocation.

Alana

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, great customer support!

Reviewed on 29/05/2017

Without Timely, I couldn't have expanded my business as much as I have. It brings a new level of organization to us that has allowed us to add more services, practitioners, and booking options. It's so nice for my practitioners to be able to log in and see their schedule ahead of time to be able to plan their day. It also makes it much easier for me to schedule our support staff when I can see the full schedule in one place and see when I need the extra help. The online booking feature has noticeably increased business and has also led to regular clients booking more frequently. I'm very grateful for this software and everything it allows us to do!

Pros

Timely has streamlined so many aspects of my business, I can't imagine life without it! It's straightforward to use, and presents important information in a way that's super easy to understand.

Cons

Just little things. I wish I could select which users want email notifications when someone books with them without everyone having to receive emails. Little things like that, but I know it's a still a relatively new product and I've been impressed with how diligent Timely is with updating and improving.

Michael

• Customer Support Software

Delivers brilliantly for this driving school

Reviewed on 29/04/2016

Been working with Timely for nearly a year. From startup. I was looking for a software partner that would place me quickly in the market, and out in front of the competition. Timely has delivered all the way.

I love the way that Timely automates customer bookings. Customers from my website or Facebook page can schedule a time that suits them and their favourite trainer, All I have to do is make sure the vehicles are not double-booked. SMS and emails flow to and from my customers automatically, and to staff, keeping us all informed of bookings. I love the way that I was able to code my website with Timely links, managing the promotion of services.

I love the way that Timely works happy with eWAY. Customers can pay online, be sent invoices later - and when they do it shows up clearly in Timely. I love waking up in the morning and seeing a new booking from a new customer, already paid, showing on my Timely calendar.

I love the way that Timely seamlessly connects with Xero. Same invoice number in both systems. Proper accounting rules govern the way they interact. When I discovered an error in the way GST was being processed between the two, it was the Timely crew that responded to my call for "help" with a solution.

There's always room for improvement, but we're told the Timely techbots are probably working on them. They regularly release new ideas (gift vouchers, last Christmas; credit notes, last month). They tell me (email received while writing this review) that they're working on adding "Resources" to the scheduling, which might eliminate my double-booked vehicles. They regularly ask for feedback, and ask us to vote on the importance of particular improvements (works-in-progress). They respond to issues quickly. Hard to ask for more.

And I am thankful for their price structure. The value of Timely to my business is far greater than I could afford (as a small business startup). I would find it very difficult to live without Timely, and wish them (and you) every success in the future.

Hope you found my review helpful in making your decision. Drop me a line sometime.

Amber

• Customer Support Software

Your Clients Will Love This Software!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016

I started out signing up with many other companies that offered the 30 day trials that Forb's Magazine selected as there top software companies for online booking systems. Out of all of the systems I had used Timely was by far for the money the easiest to navigate. Another wonderful aspect that I appreciated was when I had a question the tech support was quick at answering all of my questions, along with after adding all of my staff to the booking system they also said they had an easy experience with learning Timely. Our clients whether they are just coming in for there appointments with us or just leaving, we are consistently getting compliments on how easy it was to book there appointments with us online. When our clients are happy we're happy, so thank you Timely for making my job easier.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate for us and our clients. Tech support. Clients Love this system! The email and text confirmations.

Cons

We would really appreciate having individuals staff members be able to set there own times for each service just as the can for there hours. We all don't work at the same pace depending on how experienced we are in our craft so to have everyone working on the same timeline makes it hard for the new stylists coming in.

Oliver

Timely is Likely What You're Looking For

Reviewed on 30/10/2016

I've been using Timely for about a year now and I've been very satisfied with what it offers for the (absolutely reasonable) amount of money that I pay each month.

What I like most about Timely is its ease of use coupled with clean and beautiful design. The team behind the app has obviously gone to great lengths to make sure the UI is top notch.

For the market Timely goes after I can't name any flaws. The only word of caution is to make sure you don't need something with more features. For the price, Timely does have a ton of features but depending on the complexity of your business it may not be enough.

Let's compare Timely with the equally well designed Front Desk. Here are some things that it has which Timely doesn't:

- Courses/workshops
- Wait list management with auto enrolling
- Deeper/more detailed Mailchimp integration
- Client self check-in iPad app
- Staff Payroll
- Deep client/staff notification customization

The other side of the coin is that Front Desk starts at $129 USD per month where Timely starts at $15 USD per month. It really all depends on the kind of features that you're looking for.

Sophie

Great experience

Reviewed on 16/06/2017

Great prices for a great software

Great prices for a great software

Pros

How simple it is to use. That i receive emails when clients have booked. The reports are easy to read and show plenty of information

Cons

I would like some more features, like loyalty programs, a few more reports, For clients to see their appointments when they log into timely so they don't need to call us and check what time is it. I know it is in their first email but many clients delete this. It also sometimes won't let us delete treatments in the editing area.

It would be cool to have a customized pop up botton that could pop up near the end of sale ie. have they got their waxing gloves, to remind us to. tell about the promotion we have.

Eleanor

Not worth the extra now

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

I used to think it was great and was the best out there.This recent price rise when I'm not using all the functions of the system has me looking at other options.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use now that I know how to work it.

Cons

The recent price rise has me looking at Fresha.It's almost impossible to change the emails and texts that go out automatically

Sangita
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

• Customer Support Software

Functional, easy to use and affordable

Reviewed on 29/12/2016

Timely offers all the functionality and quality of other scheduling software programs for half the price. Timely is simple, easy to use and beautifully designed. Timely is easy to navigate even for folks like me with very little scheduling software experience. I would suggest Timely to anyone looking for a simple, easy to use, fully functional and affordable way to organize and streamline their scheduling process.

Pros

It is simple, beautifully designed, easy to use and has all the features of more expensive software programs. The phone app is also very easy to use and navigate. I use it almost daily to check my appointments and make changes to my schedule. I am so happy I found Timely!

Cons

I would like to be able to offer certain services on certain days only through the online scheduler integrated into my website.

Steve

• Customer Support Software

Decided to double the price of their product for no reason

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Average. I hind sight should have used another provider that don't keep making annoying changes and massively hike their prices

Pros

Ease of use and functionality and a fair price

Cons

Change the layout and look without informing customers (making it look and function worse). The company has also decided to double the cost of their product as it has new functionality (that I've been using for nearly 4 years) and the sales pitch is that you get SMS credits as part of the packages, however the credits are like a phone contact - paying for loads that you either don't need or won'r use.

Rebecca

Timely software review

Reviewed on 05/02/2017

I'm loving my experience with Timely. It does everything I need it to pretty much. I gave it 4 out of 5 for features & functionality as there is always room for improvement with everything. I do wish I could phone for support sometimes but they really are so fast at getting back to me via email that it doesn't seem to be a problem. Definitely love it for the cost of the program which is the main selling point for me. If I had to pay more I might look for something that has phone support and someone to come and teach me personally, but with this, I didn't really need that for the size of my business. Most of my clients really comment how much they love the online booking and how easy it is to use. Some say they couldn't figure it out but admit they struggle with things like that. Some clients do have trouble rescheduling their appointment and get confused so will call the salon instead. The main thing I wish I had more freedom with is the number of characters I have to use for confirmation and reminder text messaging. Also, I wish when clients made their appointment online they would receive an email saying their appointment has been made successfully without my having to make the setting automatically confirm their appointment on making it. The reason is because when it is automatically confirmed, I have to manually change all the appointments to pencilled in, if I want clients to receive a confirmation SMS a day or so before their actual appointment, otherwise they can only receive a reminder SMS which doesn't automatically ask them to answer Y or N if they are coming. When clients don't receive any kind of email when they make their online booking they worry it wasn't made successfully so I keep they setting as automatically confirmed. I hope that makes sense.