Timely

Booking Software for Hair, Beauty & Wellbeing Professionals

4.7 /5 (632 reviews) Write a Review!

Ben F.

• Customer Support Software

Timely has organised our Pet care business immaculately!

Reviewed on 22/06/2016

We used to manage our customer appointments using a written diary, however at the rate our business has scaled in 12 months, this was simply not an effective solution. Following extensive research into finding the best cloud solution for our pet care business, Timely provided the most customisable yet simplistic solution that ticked all the boxes I needed ticking. Managing customer appointments is so simple and extremely effective in minimising customers no shows with Timely's reliable customer reminders. We have booked over 2000 appointments in the past 12 months without a single hitch. Were extremely please with how this integrates so well with our operations.

Pros

Ease of use for appointment scheduling, Customer notifications have saved us a lot of customer no shows, The Dashboard is very useful for a snapshot of daily weekly, monthly sales data. Ability to log in from anywhere is great. Invoicing is also very easy.

Cons

The IOS mobile app need further development to allow a number of simple tasks, i.e. notifications, deletion of appointment permanently, ability to view sales and customer information. Development needs more focus, I dont believe I've seen any functional updates since release.

Mark R.

Great System

Reviewed on 30/08/2016

Usign the timely calendar has made booking clients in much easier, whether in the office or out on the road - plus we have been able to include an online booking system as well.

Pros

Timely allows us to manage our instructors and locations really well. Everything is programmed in so different services that take different amounts of time are all booked in automatically, including breaks and padding time between sessions.

Cons

As yet Timely does not allow me to see all appointments booked for different locations within the calendar software. It compensates by allowing us to export to a google calendar but this is not the ideal way of doing things for me. I want to see all appointments for all staff in one view. However - Timely do listen and have a team who are working to improve things as they go. I have to accept that my situation is unusual and therefore lower on the priority list to provide a solution - but at least I know it is on the radar.

As a small business owner I would prefer keeping costs down as much as possible. I would prefer to see an entry level subscription that allows 3-5 staff without an extra monthly charge.

Amber L.

• Customer Support Software

Your Clients Will Love This Software!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016

I started out signing up with many other companies that offered the 30 day trials that Forb's Magazine selected as there top software companies for online booking systems. Out of all of the systems I had used Timely was by far for the money the easiest to navigate. Another wonderful aspect that I appreciated was when I had a question the tech support was quick at answering all of my questions, along with after adding all of my staff to the booking system they also said they had an easy experience with learning Timely. Our clients whether they are just coming in for there appointments with us or just leaving, we are consistently getting compliments on how easy it was to book there appointments with us online. When our clients are happy we're happy, so thank you Timely for making my job easier.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate for us and our clients. Tech support. Clients Love this system! The email and text confirmations.

Cons

We would really appreciate having individuals staff members be able to set there own times for each service just as the can for there hours. We all don't work at the same pace depending on how experienced we are in our craft so to have everyone working on the same timeline makes it hard for the new stylists coming in.

Jasmine E.

Social Health Association Review

Reviewed on 22/06/2016

It is a little time consuming for our purposes. It is easy to adjust most of time. It would be great to have a sort feature in the reports on just customer with future appointment status for quick access. It would really help out a great deal when I need to put together a quick report but have to search for all of these individually because I cannot look up the report for it. As a user, we have the option to create reasons why an appointment was not completed so I would really appreciate being able to go to reports, scroll down to customers, and search for the status of the appointments for that customer or all customers.

Pros

I can color coordinate appointments.

Cons

There are not enough colors to code different kinds of appointments. There is no way to archive appointments for customers that occurred a year ago from their customer page.

Charlotte B.

Love TIMELY

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

Since switching to TIMELY I have been able to manage bookings for my business centrally. The reminder emails and Texts to customers help us minimise no shows and provide this value add consistently. Our busy customers welcome our reminders.
We are not using all of the TIMELY features and have chosen to manage our accounts via MYOB separately even though these 2 providers can be linked. We get more detailed information from MYOB directly. The features of TIMELY are constantly evolving and improving. I am looking forward to seeing the review feature, where customers can leave a review.
TIMELY's support is excellent and we always get a quick reply whenever we need help.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

I would like better integration with my MYOB software -Timely dumps sales into one account in MYOB but not a number of accounts to link sales to so you can't keep track of what areas of the business and what locations monthly sales are from. I have different locations and this info is vital so I can analyse profitability across my business.

Brian L.

• Customer Support Software

FINALLY found the one after years of switching services

Reviewed on 01/09/2017

Pros

This has a robust feature set and excellent usability on both client and professional side. Too many online booking systems are cloned copies of one another and lack basic (and obvious) features needed to actually operate a business from. This one stands alongside giants like MindBody and Milano and trumps them in many ways, especially for the cost. Smaller to medium businesses will find this the perfect fit.

Cons

Some of the ui features could use refining (mostly availability of functions like client notes while in mobile mode, where you currently must switch to desktop mode to access effectively), but they have consistently rolled out improvements over the year+ I've been with them.

Mitchell S.

• Customer Support Software

Timely makes running my business so easy. Thank goodness for Timely!

Reviewed on 30/05/2015

I stumbled upon a recommendation of Timely on a forum. At the time, all I was looking for an easy way to implement a calendar system on my business's website. I signed up for the free trial and was delighted to discover that Timely could also take care of just about every other aspect of my business - online bookings, sending confirmation emails, managing payments and invoicing, reports and email marketing. Timely is now saving me untold hours of admin every week, which really frees me up to spend more time doing what I do best - providing my service to customers.

I love the way my appointments and customer details are synced to my phone's calendar and address book. Before I answer a call from a customer, I already know who they are and where they're from.

I've contacted Timely customer service several times with small, probably annoying tech questions. Without fail, I'll get a friendly reply from Jess or Andrew within hours that answers my question, and then some!

Timely are clearly listening to their many and varied small business customers and are continually adding improvements - things that I would never have thought of but once they appear I wonder how I ever did without them. They have a whole section of their website devoted to gathering possible new ideas and features, many of which end up being implemented.

I've had feedback from several of my customers about how organised and efficient they found the booking process - Timely gets all the credit for giving my customers a great experience and making my business look really good.

I love being able to support an innovative New Zealand company who are exporting their fabulous product to the world.

I'm thrilled to recommend Timely for any small business that relies on scheduling appointments or services.

Chris D.

Brilliant!!

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

Been using Timely for a while now for my personal training business and it's by far the best booking and invoicing system I have come across! I have tried other systems but they were either too complex, unsuitable for my business needs or extremely slow. I love how it sync's to MYOB too, saves so much time; but the stand out feature for me, which sets it apart from any other system, is the customer service you receive. No question goes unanswered and their response time is quick. They treat you as a person, and not a number. Timely has grown since I first started using it, newer and better features are always being added and built upon, and throughout this time their exceptional customer service has remained as brilliant as ever. Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

Customer service
Speed (no lagging)
Price

Kellie D.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

• Customer Support Software

Get timely has ensured smooth bookings and increased my time away from the phone!

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Increased gift voucher sales and appointments. Far less time tied up with long phone calls or emails trying to find suitable appointment times. Not inclined to over book trying to please people either!

Pros

Easy online booking for customers and fantastic gift voucher sales!

Cons

Would like more functionality perhaps to sell products (as well as gift vouchers) online.

Emily A.

Timely is the best

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

I was worried at the beginning about switching from my paper diary to online however I knew that finding the right system for me would work wonders for my business. I trailed a few different ones for a month and decided that timely was the easiest to use. It was very important to me to choose a system with an easy to use online booking system to make it as easy as possible for my clients of all ages and I without a doubt preferred timely the best. My clients are always telling me how clever my system is and that they love how easy the online booking is to use. When ever I have had a problem and needed to speak to someone for support, 9/10 times I get a reply pretty much instantly and the staff are very very helpful.

Pros

Extremely easy for myself and my clients to use.

Cons

There isint anything that I don't like.

Kathy M.

• Customer Support Software

Timely has been the best decision I made when starting my home based business.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Pros

The support people ROCK!! Whenever I have emailed for support, the reply is speedy and I have always gotten a resolution. Affordable, user friendly, customizable, and overall a great choice.

Cons

That with software updates the iPad view & functionality changes to what I see on my mobile device. I much prefer the robustness of the laptop/desktop functionality. I use my iPad as both my checkin, management & point of sale so choose not to do the upgrades as I like the iPad view to be the same as the laptop/desktop view. Sure hope that makes sense!

Monique B.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

One year on Timely

Reviewed on 05/09/2016

Timely is a great way to manage your business bookings and invoices. It is jam-packed with features that aren't always obvious, but once you know about them, they make life very easy.

Pros

The support is fantastic - most of the time I'm asking about something that I gently get told I can do this way or that way - i.e. it's about helping you use the system to achieve what you want.

Cons

There isn't much not to like. If you have a new feature suggestion they are keen to look at it.

Julie F.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Small business matters

Reviewed on 13/04/2017

I have been using the timely booking system for just over a year now. My clients comment on a regular basis on how easy it is to book online.
I was thrilled when Customer support representative responded to me multiple times on a Sunday to help me sort out an issue I was having. Turns out I just needed guidance to navigate my way. He was so patient, understanding, and very professional.
I am always happy to refer new business to timely, and plan to stick with them as they grow.
Keep up the great work guys
- Julie
Timeless Journey Massage Therapy.
www.massagebooking.gettimely.com

Pros

Ease of use by my clients.

April C.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use once figure out how to use it

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

Pros

Has everything I need to take bookings and offer services. It is super easy to use. Like how I can take notes for each clients treatments and it's there to access when I need to read over notes.over all I'm happy with the booking system

Cons

Extra charges for staff I don't agree with. It could do with changing the layout on the booking system where others book in. The mini website could be a lot better as it's too basic and kinda embarrassing. The text messages could be cheaper or free/included in the monthly charge rather then a seperate charge. The mobile app could at least show when someone has sent a message as there's no notifications for it which isn't ideal.

Tom D.

• Customer Support Software

Easy for people to book in to see me!

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

It's brilliant. It frees up so much of my time. Rather than managing a schedule manually, Timely does it for me!

Pros

The ease of use for people to book in to see me and my trainers at the gym. It takes away the need for me to answer phone calls all day every day.

Cons

Nothing I don't like about it. Everyone who has booked in tells me how easy it is and how much better it is than using the phone!

Response from Timely

Hey Tom,

Thanks so much for your kind words! We love to hear that we're making life easier for our users, hope you're keeping safe!

Jillian B.

• Customer Support Software

Timely is a fab clinic software system.

Reviewed on 28/03/2017

I had previously trialled a few clinic management and client booking systems, but for me Timely is the easiest to use for both me and customers, great that you can access it via an app on your phone or iPad as well as the computer. I allow my customers to book their own appts online via my website and Clients love the email and SMS text reminders they receive before their appts. It saves us lots of time otherwise spent making and changing appts. I also use Timely as my invoicing tool and email clients after their treatments, and it's very user friendly.

Pros

Able to use on all platforms

Cons

Keeps reverting to old version of app

Sahar O.

Timely review

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

Excellent service .Timely responds to enquiries very quickly.I like how i can have my appointments in 5min increments .

Pros

I like how clear and easy the software is to use

Cons

I do not like that i have to flick page by page to see available appointments.pretty hard when i am booked 3mths ahead and flicking page by page to find some appointments that might be available in the 3mths.would be nice if on the dashboard there is a list of available appointments in up to 3 mths as i know if you were to do whole year it will be a big list.If i were to leave timely it is because of this point.i hope this can be done before i find another software that does it because otherwise everything is perfect.

Peter H.

Superb customer focused

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

As ever Timely have delivered a customer focussed product that delivers all that is required and more. Love the greater flexibility of the new app and the recently added activity page is fantastic for me being self employed to keep track of bookings when I'm out and about.

Pros

Lovely functionality and easy to use

Cons

Would like to see customisable customer follow up emails and reminders. The current integration with MailChimp is OK but rather convoluted.

Denis M.

• Customer Support Software

Gettimely is nice software, easy to implement but lacks a few features.

Reviewed on 03/07/2017

Pros

Simple booking interface for the customer. Easy to implement for the web developer. Relatively easy to use for the admin. Lots of useful help documentation.

Cons

Does not support the following online marketing features
#Google Adwords Conversions code
# a discount code which can be sent to bulk prospective customers

My daily must have

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

My go to calendar. Could not live with out it

Pros

Its easy to add appointments from any device. The recurring feature is wonderful to recur appointments. I love that this ties with vend to take payments

Cons

That you have to open up the customer to see the notes. Would love to click on their name and view the notes on a client

Amy-bianca H.

• Customer Support Software

I'm really happy with Timely. Simple to use, saves me time and keeps my clients on track.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

It helps me to run my small business with more control and ease. I lose less client revenue through forgetfulness and find tracking my progress very simple.

Pros

I love the reminder system, I love the easy to navigate appointment book, the ease to enter details and set up clients. I love how simple it is to set up the whole system -from product and service entry through to the appointment book set up.

Cons

I would love to have the full function on my tablet and phone and not need to swap between versions. I know that feature is coming soon but that is my only real bugbear. On a slightly more trivial point, I'm a visual person, so I'd like more colour schemes.

Catriona L.

• Customer Support Software

Overall it is great - makes life a lot easier and saves me hours and hours of time per month.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Time Saving like having an admin assistant but online.

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks is seamless - invoices just appear in your Quickbooks account which is a huge time saver and overall it is very easy to set up and use.

Cons

Calendar shows appointments by location not person so if you work across more than one location you have to keep changing views. And you cannot edit the content of emails and sms messages. But overall these are monir compared to how well everything else works.

Carly B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Timely makes my business work without me

Reviewed on 14/01/2018

Automation of so much - basically couldn't run my business without this

Pros

I can trust it to work without a glitch. I feel like it's a second brain. I also find the cutsomer service really helpful. Whoever they are they are great humans!

Cons

It doesn't quite offer me as much flexibility as i need but I think that's because I'm not really in the industry it was created for. I am pushing it to be something it probably wasn't intended to be. But its doing pretty well considering.

Lauren P.

My experience of timely

Reviewed on 22/08/2016

I love timely, it works very well and integrates seamlessly with my POS software. Any problems I have the team are quick to respond and help me out

Pros

Love the online booking and so do my clients, easy to use and easy for clients to change their appointments as needed. Also really like the reports that are available!

Cons

I struggle with the iPad app, it seems to freeze when I am writing the clients notes
I would love to be able to have notes templates as well. I write pretty in depth notes about my client appointments, re writing the tests each time is a bit of a hassle, to have it already built in would save me a lot of time!

Elsa P.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent service, any questions or inquires there is an immediate response

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

I do my booking ,client reminders

Pros

Easy to use ,not complicated, self explanatory, I am not a savvy computer person,but I find Timely so easy and straight forward to use that I got used to it in a ver short time without having "anxiety attack"LOL

Cons

I wish I can write a comment on the booking line, eg. When I clicke the service ,like to write a comment if needed as a reminder to do prepare something specific for that client