Cristina P.

Pingboard

Reviewed on 05/04/2021

Pros

The best thing about Pingboard is that you can see all of a manager's direct reports.

Cons

Sometimes when you search for a person they won't pop up on the screen, so after you search for their name, you have to manually look for them too. Also, there is no historical data, so you can't see what the org chart looked like a few months ago.

Kara S.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great Product

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

With being such a small company, I feel that we are not in a great need to keep paying the monthly fee at this time.

Pros

What I like most about Pingboard is how you can have just the amount of information needed in the company org chart without getting too descriptive. I also love that it flows down to show each department and who is in it and what they do and which department is in need of hiring new employees. This is a great asset to have in the company profile!

Cons

Being new to this software, I haven't run into any issues yet, but from what I can see, I don't think there will be anything major. But as for pricing, I feel the $99 a month is a little too pricey.

Joseph K.

Great tool for employee management!

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

It's very nice overall and makes it easy to view your organizational structure. It would be nice if employees within a single branch could update one another's status, but it's very nice that a "manager" can update everyone below them in the chart.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and allows both managers and employees to know each other's whereabouts. The mobile app. is very convenient and the integration with Google Calendar allows you to set a status in Pingboard and have it appear automatically in your Google Calendar. The "face game" is an especially nice way to get to know co-workers when your company goes from a small to medium-sized company. Also, Google Authentication makes it very easy to login both at a computer and on-the-go.

Cons

It is slightly inconvenient that if you first put an event in Google Calendar, it does not sync with Pingboard (although the it DOES work the other way).

Pingboard Loades with Amazing Features

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Pros

Pingboard is so simple to use for both admins and end-users. They make regular improvements to help integrate with other apps, to the org char user interface, and to the overall feel of the product. It feels like their engineering team is really on top of things, we've had very few issues with the software.

Cons

As much as we love the product it is priced a little high. I would love to see more integrations with HRIS systems and other tools for the price asked for. At the end of the day it's the perfect team directory! Their API is awesome and easy to use which has helped me get around the lack of integrations with a few other products we use.

Jaime C.

Love Me Some Pingboard

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

The placeholder feature is super helpful. We have run into a small issue in that the CTO want's his people listed in different departments/teams and we're not quite sure how to get this accomplished because each CTO can only have one department (i think).

Pros

It's really fun to use and new hires routinely let us know how helpful it is in their first days with the company.

Cons

There's definitely a ramp-up learning period because different functions/actions are hidden in magical mystical spots. After the new hire learns everyone face, I feel usage drops off substantially, we need to find a way to keep employees engaged and coming back to Pingboard on a regular basis. Thoughts they can submit colleagues for Above & Beyond recognition by completing a Google form/survey. Let HR, or Workplace use Pingboard as a survey system.

Fun way to get to know your teammates

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pingboard is a fun and visually appealing way to learn about your coworkers, especially in a large organization.

Pros

Single source for clear photos and information about your coworkers. I like being able to check my teammate's start dates, birthdays, job titles, or upcoming vacations from time to time. The Slack integration is helpful to know what's happening across your entire organization for the day.

Cons

- Some individuals didn't have photos of themselves
- I often want to sort people by start date so I can see the newest hires.
- It's another piece of software to keep track of. For example, when I submit PTO, I have to submit it in payment software, put it on my calendar, and then add it to Pingboard.

Jonathan H.

Good HR software

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

I am satisfied with the product. As a user, it does all I need and would expect from an HR/Org chart software.

Pros

My favorite thing is the clarity of the org chart presentation. It's easy to expand an collapse departments, and it makes it easy to see who is reporting to who, and in which department they are.

The Out of office section is also neat, as it connects to google calendar so you always know if your colleagues are on site or not.

The game on the app is great, it presents faces of your colleagues to you and you have to pick the name of the colleague as fast as possible. It's a great feature for companies that have more than one office.

Cons

Very honestly, there is not much not to like. If I really had to pick on something, I would say that I would like if they ported the game they have on the app to the desktop. I think that's the only thing the desktop version is lacking.

Aileen M.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Pros

Working as a remote tutor/teacher, the pingboard allows me to connect to other members of the organization. It is a fantastic way to interact with and find out when particular employees are going on vacation or out sick. It has strong integrations as well, including the Outlook Out-of-Office integration. It is a dream to use.

Cons

While it is a great product and does exactly what it sets out to do, in some businesses this may not be absolutely required. It is great for my company because we rely on each other so strongly, and since we are remote, it is nice to be able to put faces to names and have an intuitive piece of software. However, I could see this being slightly redundant in some organizations.

St. nicholas H.

Great for growing companies

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Pingboard has an overall slick and intuitive user-interface that runs contrary to most HR programs and initiatives.

Pros

As our company continues to grow, Pingboard has allowed me to keep updated on "who's who". I like how quick and easy it is to see who manages who, and what departments certain people are on.

I also like the weekly email I get each, telling me who's on vacation, traveling for work, and who has an anniversary. Great conversation starters in the kitchen if I see them on a Monday.

Cons

I have not found a way to stay signed-in when I go to Pingboard. It always asks me to "sign-in with Google". For how much I use it, I wish I could easily navigate to the homepage without this step. I also wish there was an easier way to update the company on my status (vacation, business travel, etc). I often forget to update Pingboard when I go on vacation.

Alejandra D.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very helpful on big companies

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

In our company there is constant growth, so trainees are assigned to assist a person with more experience. The Organization Chart allows us to see who the assistants are and who that person attends. It makes easier the communication within the company and our customers and improves response times since the emails reach the right people.

Pros

What I like about the software is that it organizes hierarchically and adequately all the workers of the company. It also provides all the necessary information about the person to be able to contact him or her.

Cons

I think it's missing the option to show people by departments, for example IT Department, Human Resources department, etc.

Jessica C.

Review of Pingboard

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

This is the first Org Chart software I have used, but it is intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

I like that you can easily access information about employees, what team they are on and office they are located in. As an IT administrator, it is an easy tool to use while verifying employee data or finding their manager.

Cons

There is no seating chart feature. I think this would fill the missing piece for this product.

Natasha B.

Lifesaver!

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pingboard solved all of our needs!

Pros

Pingboard has been the best software (hands down) for our company org charts! We access it multiple times daily!

Cons

There are zero cons that we have found while using Pingboard!

2 thumbs up!

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

I don't have to ask the team who reports to who OR what team they are on - I have these answers right at my fingertips and can find the answer quickly.

Pros

As a recruiter, it's hard to keep up with heavy growth in a company. I want to try to know all 600+ employees and Pingboard allows this. Whether I just want to learn their last name or many learn a little more about their background - Pingboard has you covered.

Cons

I wish all employees would fill out the bio but maybe it's because it's so general and people aren't sure what to write?

Meg J.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

HR/Admin user feedback

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

The team enjoys the platform and it is a great tool, we wish the admin portion was less laborious.

Pros

The software from an associate standpoint is easy to use and can navigate without much heavily lifting from the HR dept. We also like the ability to custom color code and give our space it's own feel.

Cons

From the admin perspective some of the reason changes made to edit the platform make the software cumbersome and not as user firendly. Changes take longer and training managers to make their team edits is quite an undertaking.

P Y.

Pingboard is easy, useful, and fun

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Pros

Pingboard is super easy to use and has a lot of useful features. I particularly love the notifications you can receive for your team or department and the summary email of who's out for the week or whose birthday is when or when someone started at your organization. It's helpful to know if the person you are pinging is on vacation and that's why they've ignored you for the last 3 hours! Ha
There's also a fun game of putting names to faces in the mobile app.

Cons

While it's super easy to use some of the UI seems outdated and sometimes difficult to read. This is particularly noticeable when using the org chart. We don't have a lot of employees but sometimes it can become overwhelming.

Della H.

Pingboard is awesome

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

I can quickly see who rolls up to who within a few clicks, I love it.

Pros

It's intuitive, the layout is easy to follow and I can find what I'm looking for very quickly.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easiest way to find and learn about your teamates around the world

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Pros

I have never used Pingboard before until my new current company and MAN it makes it so much easier to see who reports to who, and also learn more about a colleague across different offices.

Cons

I think this may be an IT issue, but sometimes when we have org changes or promotions, Pingboard isn't up to date and it takes some time. Again, I know this may be an issue on our side but that is really the only thing that I dislike because I use Pingboard to get people's titles and to see who they report to.

Fabian G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Pingboard is awesome to use!

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Pros

I like how simple and easy it is to use. It has the major tabs that I use every day easily accessible. It's very quick to get where I need to when I'm in a hurry.

Cons

I don't care for the personal questions it asks you to fill out when you first sign up, its pretty useless information for a work environment.

Allie P.

Too expensive, but a good tool

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Pros

(I use the free version) It is fairly easy to use, but I would like to be able to re-arrange the position of employees, and also when I download an org chart, I don't want the text on it from the download date, etc. It used to be easier to change manager but now it's labeled weirdly.

Cons

WAY too expensive. I just want one user to edit, then be able to add it to our Intranet but I' have to buy a whole package, which we don't have the budget for and it's pretty expensive.

Also, the sales reps are a bit agressive, I get emails from you guys at least once a week even though I've asked you to stop multiple times.

• Industry: Publishing

• Customer Support Software

Facilitates understanding of company structure, specific teams, and employee information

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

My company first started using Org Chart Software when we went through a complex merger and roles were restructured. Due to new reporting and managing systems, people were confused about who was on specific teams and where specific employees fit into the company. With a clear visual breakdown, it made the merger feel more transparent and understandable.

Pros

I love how easy it is to see different teams and reporting structures. The user-friendly interface allows our 100+ division to feel accessible and transparent. It's great to be able to click an employee profile and learn their current manager, profile, and tasks in real time.

Cons

It would be great to search for employees by their seniority (i.e. be able to break down a list of managers, directors, assistants, etc.) I think more filtering options would help with specific searches.

Great product

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

We do not use it a ton but are starting to build the chart out. It has been useful so far.

Pros

I love that I can see where my team is (out of office / remote / vacation) super easily on the same page.

Cons

Nothing really but an integration with Slack / payroll software would be so cool

Isabella S.

• Customer Support Software

Great resource for any fast growing organization!

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

As mentioned above, my only problem with Pingboard is the limited sorting capabilities. In an extremely global and distributed company, I benefit from using Pingboard daily when I'm collaborating with other team members across the globe.

Pros

I absolutely enjoy and take advantage of the many resource and options to display and organize your organizational details and information. It is specially helpful the Out of Office tab in, which you can easily search who are the employees away at any given time.

Cons

The limited methods of sorting within the Directory. For example, when selecting a 'Team', it would be helpful to also have the capability of sorting the results based on different fields. i.e. by location of each team member within a given Team, or by specific job title, etc.

Kelly C.

Simple Tool to Capture Contact Data

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

We have a centralized tool for a multi-institutional organization and a variety of ways and means to track people.

Pros

It's simplicity and that it's intuitive to use.

Cons

I'd like more robust reporting features around tags and teams (possible filters for reports or ability to sort tags).

Kira C.

Org_Chart_Software

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Pros

Love it! Easy to use. Doesn't require training and provides exactly the information you need.

Cons

Only downside is sometimes the org chart isn't updated immediately, however, this has nothing to do with the software.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Could be the best!

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Pros

1. easy to use
2. best to publish out of office/vacation/remote/sick/business trip states
3. great to find other person into the organization
4. have a great app

Cons

Pingboard doesn't have a good integration with linkedin