7shifts

Simplifying labor management, one shift at a time.

4.7 /5 (689 reviews) Write a Review!

Leandro U.

7 Shifts for restaurant schedule Management

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

My managers and employees love it.

Pros

It is easy to use and anybody with a phone can have easy access to their schedule, send messages using it, and letting anybody know about changes. It is a very practical and professional tool for the schedules that we use in our Restaurant. We have the scheduling available on our P/R processor, but we prefer to pay for this service as it is more agile and practical than our P/R company.

Cons

To be honest, I do not have any complaints, but we only use the scheduling module as we have other systems.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Leandro! It's great to hear that even though you have the option, you see so much value in 7shifts that it goes above and beyond what is offered to you in your payroll provide. Know that we will always be looking to increase the value of our services for folks like yourself. Cheers!

Susie R.

It’s Okay

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

Pros

When choosing the highest cost package, you will have access to the most basic necessary functions. They do not charge base level employees to use the app

Cons

Some functions change without first being informed (although they state that they always inform prior to a change). Their beta testing due diligence leaves something to be desired. If they are unable to duplicate an error even if you can prove it exists, they refuse to fix it saying they are incapable of doing so.

They make their customers pay for basic functions through the most costly package

I used to use 7ahifts for over 4 years. I was looking at using them again for a different restaurant. However, the salesperson I encountered was a typical salesperson and never talked to me like they cared about the company Where I’m currently employed. Instead I was told stats about how I wouldn’t find a program cheaper, that they weren’t gouging those who wanted the basic functions I pointed at, and multiple other aspects in which I was wrong. When I pointed that out, he proceeded to raise his voice at me, chuckled and attempted to carry on

I hung up on him at that point of the conversation

I would have never signed a contract with this individual. Hopefully other sales reps actually care about potential customers

Response from 7shifts

Hi Susie,

Thanks so much for your comment. We really appreciate your candid feedback so we can make the 7shifts experience better for all users, and we're sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal.

As a product that is growing and evolving every day, our pricing has changed a lot since you would have first started using 7shifts 4 years ago, but we would like to see what we can do to make 7shifts work for the restaurant you are currently working in. Please drop us a line at [email protected] and we will see what we can do to offer a solution the meets the needs of your business.

In regards to your interactions with a member of our team, I have flagged this to our management team to ensure that we provide everyone the same high level of service that we ourselves would expect.

We apologize if your experience was less than ideal and really take that to heart. We hope that in the future we can earn back the trust you have placed in our business.

Mahmud U.

All in one

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Great customer service, easy to use

Pros

We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience.

User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

Cons

I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

Kayla C.

7Shifts Review - Kayla Cunningham

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Overall I have had a good experience with 7shifts. I have used several other employee databases and this application seems to work the quickest without error. I would recommend this to anyone looking for something similar.

Pros

It's simplistic and easy for users to clock in, monitor their earnings, and communicate with other coworkers. I can use the pin pad to clock in right when I get to work or I have the option to manually write in my hours each of the week.

Cons

Entering in my hourly work on a daily basis can be tedious, but I wouldn't say I dislike it.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the review Kayla!

Brianna C.

• Customer Support Software

Great, just needs some tweaks.

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Scheduling mistakes! I used collect employees' schedules and manually enter them into an availability table that I made on Excel. Then I would refer to that table as I made the schedule. The issues arose when employees would text me their availability or time off requests; those were easy to lose track of. This software puts the responsibility of accurate availability on the employee, it's great!

Pros

It saves time by allowing the employees to add their own availability, request time off, and switch shifts with each other. This software is a huge help and has solved scheduling problems and prevented some mistakes.

Cons

It only prints a week at a time, there is no condensed version to get a monthly schedule printed. The month-long format that they do have is horribly unorganized & does not print well. This isn't a big issue, it just uses up more paper and space than our previous scheduling method.
The absolute worst part about this software has to do with the roles that employees can be assigned: there is no "training" option under the roles that I created. This makes scheduling new employees very difficult. The work-around is tedious; remove their current roles, schedule them for the time they would train and write their role in the notes of that shift. This is inconvenient because it is difficult to track "unassigned" shifts. It would be great if there was a training option under each role so that when I run the report, I can track how many training shifts an employee has had.

Response from 7shifts

Hi Brianna,

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your positive feedback AND your constructive feedback, which we absolutely take to heart. I have broken down your feedback piece by piece and sent it along to our product team to analysis and consideration. We will also have a member of our team reach out to you to see if we can create a better experience for your workflow.

All the best!

Jayelynn W.

Helpful and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Overall, it's easy and convenient to use and cheaper than some of the similar apps.

Pros

You can work from the website or from the app which is convenient if you're bouncing between locations. On the website, I can preset shift times for faster scheduling. You can set multiple roles which is beneficial for staff that do multiple things. You can assign an hourly to each role as well, so you can see an approximation of your labor for the week.

Cons

Unfortunately, the preset shift times do not translate over to the app so you do have to manually do it which takes a little more time. Although I have my preference set to get push notifications for almost all the app features, they don't always come through.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Jayelynn! We appreciate your feedback and love hearing that 7shifts can help you keep your schedules straight from anywhere. I've passed along your request regarding preset shifts on the app to our mobile development team for further consideration. Thank you!

Elizabeth H.

Daily recaps made easy

Reviewed on 02/09/2019

Pros

With 7 shifts you not only have an easy, intuitive scheduling app that everyone can use at every level, but you also have a customizable manager log book to record the goings ons of events each day, along with POS integration!!! It's everything you need on one page. My schedule writing days are over but I still use the app to get daily recaps from all of my restaurants on the flow of service, 86'd items, sales, and employee progress. With the Manager Log book you can customize each section, add as many areas or as few as you want. We have a complete section for R&M, and another for 86'd items. Use the search function to manage and track all of those areas. Or Search an employees name for an easy way to find feedback for quarterly evalutions.

Cons

The weather on the manager log book can be a little jankey sometimes. And the Toast POS integration took a little while to set up and the labor % aren't always correct, but otherwise it's great.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the kind words Elizabeth! We are thrilled to hear that you are your team are finding so much value in the manager log book for your business. We can't wait to show you all the great enhancement with Engage that we will be releasing over the coming months, and look forward to your feedback. Cheers!

Shannon S.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent tool that goes far beyond scheduling.

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

7shifts ties together many organizational tools that has improved communication in our restaurant immensely. We make fewer scheduling errors, our staff can easily contact managers and coworkers through the messaging feature, amendments to the schedule keep everyone in the loop with notifications and the manager log book helps us stay on top of issues and address them quickly and effectively.

I originally decided to try the software because I thought it would save time and keep our BOH and FOH schedules cohesive. It pays for the time it saves and adds much more value with all of the additional features. Don’t hesitate to give it a try!

Pros

Our supervisors use the manager logbook and it has been extremely helpful in keeping everyone up to speed on daily operations, issues and ideas. We act much quicker when addressing problems with staff and maintenance, and reduce the distortion of facts when compared to transferring information along a chain of conversations. This is a valuable feature not to be overlooked.

Cons

Some of our staff members have been experiencing freezing and glitching in the app. Some staff are resistant to change and there was a lengthy transition time to get everyone on board. Now that it’s in place almost every new employee loves the interface and is eager to sign up.

Response from 7shifts

Amazing! Thanks so much for the fantastic, detailed review Shannon. We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts is providing your team with so much value. We looking forward to making 7shifts even more indispensable in the future :)

Kim S.

7 shifts review

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

the customer servers has been great. when I ask a question I get a response very quickly.

Pros

the software if very easy for the staff to use. The employees likes the flexibility they get with their shifts.

Cons

I would like a button on the availability to select same as Monday...

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Kim! We're happy to hear that both you and your staff love it and enjoy the flexibility that easy scheduling provides.

Jason W.

Simple, Clean, But Enough Features To Get The Job Done Efficiently

Reviewed on 19/06/2016

We are a fast-casual restaurant group with a dozen locations. We came across 7Shifts after failing to successfully work with a handful of other scheduling systems. researching scheduling software for our scheduling needs. Selecting the proper scheduling software for us is very crucial, as we rely heavily on such systems to efficiently utilize labor and to keep good records. On top of that, it is also very costly to switch systems if one fails to work out, so we wanted to be sure it works for us. We tested out 7Shifts with its trial offer, and gave it a run, and everything worked very intuitively. Jordan (CEO) was also very helpful to address our questions and needs, and works hard to make sure our concerns are addressed. The software has a clean, focused take on scheduling, especially for restaurant businesses, and works well for groups like ours with multiple locations. User interface for scheduling is very intuitive and easy to work with, and reports are readily available. 7Shifts knows how to focus on the essentials that matter instead of frills that the industry just don't need.

Pros

Ease of use; ease of set-up; straight-forward sales and support; affordable pricing; willingness to innovate and grow in features; good report generations

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Jason! Always a pleasure working with you.

Nicole W.

MB's

Great

Pros

Quick and ease of use, app user friendly

Cons

Not being able to Export employee database,

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Nicole! We are gratified to know that 7shifts is the best fit for your restaurant. We work hard to provide restaurateurs like yourself the BEST solution possible. So thank you for switching to us.

William W.

Been using it for years

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

This was a great way to get our employees on the same page and communicate out all the information we needed to in a simple fashion.

Pros

I like the easy to use interface. As an administrator, the events section works really well. We don't do a lot of reservations as a casual environment, so it works well for parties and alerting the staff of events in the area.

Cons

The messaging can be a little confusing, but not really a fault. The predictive scheduler doesn't work very well for me.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the candid review William! All of us at 7shifts really appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear 7shifts works for your restaurant, especially in these trying times. I've passed on your product feedback to our team so they can make 7shifts work better for you and every other customer. Cheers!

Donaldo P.

Best app ever

Great!

Pros

This is so usefull while you have to make schedules, reports and have a logbook about your workplace. It is also so intuitive and by the price, it is a great option.

Cons

I think it is kind of heavy at the time you have to download it.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks SO much for the review Donaldo! We love seeing folks who see value in advanced labor management coupled with your POS.

Logan W.

• Customer Support Software

It’s the right fit for us

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

I use 7Shifts 99% as a scheduling tool and so my staff can put their shifts up in the shift pool and communicate if they do not have each other’s phone numbers. 7Shifts does exactly what I need from it and the cost is well worth my time.

Pros

The ease of use is the first thing that comes to mind. The interface is simple to explain to people who are not technologically inclined and this app is not missing any features that I need.

Cons

I cannot think of any complaints I have. Maybe if I tried out a few more of your competitors I might see an area of improvement...but I like it better than the competition I have seen.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Logan! We're happy to hear that 7shifts is the right fit for your restaurant and it has everything you and your staff need to stay connected.

Jeb V.

• Customer Support Software

Save managers time; Saves on Labor cost; Increase employee satisfaction.

Reviewed on 27/01/2016

I run a 450 seat high volume seafood restaurant with up to 115 employees in the summer. Scheduling the various departments was a on average 4-5 hours of headache filled work as myself and my 3 assistant managers shared request from staff via text messages, Facebook posts, emails, & notes left on desk . It was an overwhelming headache. Schedules were built in excel, printed and posted in the restaurant. Staff members who were off that day would call the hostess or managers to find out there shifts during the dinner rush. I figured there had to be something better. After searching on line I found 7Shifts and gave it a try. The first week we ran 7shifts and the old excel system. Once the staff realized how easy it was to request off and switch shifts (With manager approval) we ditched the excel format completely.
Management: I have been the GM for 10 years. I can honestly say that this app has been one of the single best tools I have ever used. Selfishly I love the fact it saves me time. I am no longer coming into the building and finding out an employee called out and scrambling to find someone to cover at prep time. My managers and I can track the requests, call outs, and swaps to ensure we have appropriate staff for the evening. I wish I found this 10 years ago.
Save labor costs: We had been using Micros Labor Mgmt software but I personally feel that Micros needs to get their software out of the 90's and become more user friendly. Entering forecasting sales data is simple of 7shifts. Editing employee rates of pay and jobs is much faster than on Micros. We were able to avoid potential overtime by the 7shifts alerts when approving shifts being given away.
Employee satisfaction: Our staff was happy to be able to get immediate feedback on requested time off. Instant approval on covered shifts and immediate d notification of schedules. I have staff who have worked at major corporate chains and other independent restaurant. They all have said this makes their life easier.
I can not express how supportive I am of this App!

Deanie M.

Review by The Opinicon

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

As a company, we have gone from the initial use for my department only to implementing it across all departments and it has really helped to streamline our operations.

Pros

Customer support team has been amazing since the very beginning. Initially I became interested in the software as it was developed by people with a restaurant background... it really set it apart from other programs!

Cons

Any issues that were encountered were immediately resolved by the technical support team and generally were operator error!

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Deanie! 7shifts is 100% dedicated to restaurants, so we LOVE hearing that you sought us out specifically because of that. It's our mission to make restaurateurs lives easier, so we're happy to hear we are going down the right path.

Diamond W.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, easy to communicate

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Easy, efficient and overall great

Pros

Able to inform all staff with announcements with ease. Scheduling is easy

Cons

If I could put multiple pictures in an announcement that would be cool

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Diamond! We love hearing about restaurants like yours who made the switch to a more modern scheduling platform and all the great new features and functionality you get access to.

Elena C.

Easy to use, Staff loves it. Happy Staff = Win Win

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Saves me time from using excel documents to post the schedule

Pros

The concept of the scheduling software is fantastic. It's very user friendly. It saves so much time with managing the employees time off, shift changes etc. Anyone in the restaurant industry looking for a quick fix for making their schedules, this is it!

Cons

Have had some issues with the app. They keep updating it which is a plus! You should be able to not put in a time under events for all day events. It should not automatically default to 12am. Different Managers should be able to have their own default schedule that it automatically goes to.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Elena! We love the whole Binga's team and are excited to continue working with you :)

Jeff V.

Great Software

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Ease of use for our staff and great platform.

Pros

Very guest friendly and admin friendly, a hard thing to come by in regards to being very functional on both ends. We are very happy with the service and support and are using 7shifts at both our current restaurant locations!

Cons

We wish that approvals would be denoted by who approved what and when. Using it w/ other managers etc it becomes hard to pin point changes.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Jeff! We really appreciate hearing that 7shifts is easy for you and your team to use. Also, thanks for the feedback on approvals and who has approved what. I have forward this information along to our product team for evaluation. Cheers!

Michael G.

7Shifts key to our business

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Pros

The ability to manage shifts with all the staff vs old way of calling and texting people ... it was a game changer.

Cons

Would like better tools around managing overtime alerts, labor rate alerts, etc to ensure management is cutting as needed. It would be nice to have better ways to download into quickbooks as well and even tax forms, i9 stuff to automate.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Michael! "Game changer" is something we LOVE to hear, so thanks for the kind words. Also, thanks for the great suggestions. I've passed that along to our development team to review. Someone will most likely reach out to you in order to pick your brain on what you would like to see.

Chelsey N.
  • Industry: Food Production

Very useful program

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Pros

This app is a must for any business. We use it daily for scheduling, time clocking, and when it comes to payroll. It also allows us to keep track of requested time off for employees. The app is very easy to use and makes quick work of any task.

Cons

The only problem I have with the app is the inability to alter time punches for my employees. I have to open a web browser to do that, it would be convenient if I could use the app for that as well.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Chelsey! Hearing that 7shifts is "must" for businesses makes our day. I have passed along your feedback regarding altering time punches on mobile to our development team :)

Carol K.

Versatile program

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

We are able to schedule large orders and catering events well in advance which helps with scheduling the needed staff and aids in assuring that we are able to place orders for supplies needed for scheduled events.

Pros

This product helps the management team and team members informed on everything that is going on daily. It helps us plan what actions each department needs to do to assure that our customers are taken care of in a timely manner.

Cons

Some iPhone users have not been able to receive notifications.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Carol! We love hearing how 7shifts has helped your whole management team streamline your operations.

Ella C.

Best Communication Tool!

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

I havent had any issues with the system but I probably could use more of the analytics.

Pros

Easy to use! Best way for my managers to communicate.

Cons

It needs to have an ability to share videos. Also, an employee accessible folder that I can store things like an Employee handbook and policy and procedure references.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Ella! You are in for a treat with some of our improvements coming VERY soon to messaging in order to send and receive videos :)

Mercina S.

• Customer Support Software

I couldn't run my business without it

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

Pros

It makes staffing super easy. I can keep track of indivual availability, track and approve time off and set skill levels, all while predicting sales and keeping track of my labor budget.

Cons

The manager app can be a bit clunky though the employee interface seems fine. I generally write schedules from my desktop but check my current labor v sales in real time on my app

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Mercina! It makes our day to hear that 7shifts is indispensable for your business. Also, thanks for the feedback regarding the mobile app for managers. I've passed that feedback along to our development team :)

Evan C.

7Shifts - Simplifying our Scheduling and Payroll Process

Reviewed on 21/03/2017

7Shifts has improved how we run our business. Most often a great product helps in solving one problem. This is one of those rare times when several problems are solved at the same time. Improving communication between our team where everyone can easily be in the know. Establishing consistency across our stores and saving time while doing that. Simplifying the payroll process and reducing labour cost. It is feature rich and easy to use. The numbers speak for themselves, and the cost of 7Shifts is easily paid from the savings in reduced labour cost. It's the savings in time that I love, not just for me, but how it is simplifying the lives of both management and staff.

Pros

1) Feature rich - scheduling, punchclock, management log, communication. and useful reporting.
2) Easy to use and very intuitive.

Cons

none