7shifts

Simplifying labor management, one shift at a time.

4.7 /5 (685 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.6
Keith K.

Love 7Shifts!

Reviewed on 18/11/2019

From the beginning over 5 years ago to today, the entire team at 7Shifts has been great to work with and are very accomodating to my requests for further functionality.

Pros

I like that I the functionality of the app and online. It is easy to access and use. The app is free and this makes a big difference with our hourly team members.

Cons

I wish the reporting was more robust. Sometimes I need more data than the reporting is capable of pullin gin.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Keith! We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with you and the rest of your team at Kaldi's every day, and we look forward to building what you need for years to come. Cheers!

Rachael M.

7Shifts is easy to use for all staff

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

We have been very happy with the overall use of 7shifts and anytime we needed customer service, they were courteous and offered a quick fix. They were very gracious during our Covid closure and offered use of the app free of charge so that we could stay in contact with all our employees. I highly recommend!

Pros

We use 7shifts as the primary tool for communication as well as scheduling. It's easy to set up, add new employees, manage the schedule, shift bids, and time off requests. Employees report that it is one of the most comprehensive and easy to use scheduling apps they've ever used! As the administrator, 7shifts makes scheduling quick and easy which is a huge benefit.

Cons

The availability function can be improved. Employees report that it is the only aspect of the app that gives them trouble. Sometimes there is a lag between what the app shows on my phone vs. computer. For instance, shifts that have been edited and published are showing as not published on the app on my phone. Minor issues that cause little to no problems.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Rachael! We really love the feedback you provided and I have passed it along to our mobile team for review. We want to ensure we make your experience and 11.

Also, we are happy to hear that 7shifts was able to support you in the way you needed it during COVID. We ALWAYS want to support our clients and know this has been a challenging time for any small business. Just know that we've got your back :)

Andrew W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Amazing for scheduling and time clock!

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

7shifts has been a really positive experience.

Pros

We have used 7shifts since we started our company. We wanted something that could be easy for everyone to use, and we've seen a ton of efficiency improvements over the years! It has been really easy to have different managers run the schedule with ease, and the analytics are helpful for running payroll as well. Would definitely reccomend 7shifts and 7punches as a combination tool.

Cons

No cons to mention! The improvements over the last few years have really made 7shifts and outstanding product.

Response from 7shifts

Amazing! Thank you for such a great review Andrew. We really love hearing from restaurants that chose 7shifts when they started their business and the impact it has had over the years. Thanks for the kind words and we look forward to serving you for years to come

Mitchell W.
Industry: Retail

7shifts is a lifesaver and a headache preventer

Reviewed on 21/01/2020

So easy to use, and check in on. There clock in and clock out feature (7Punches) is incredible, and works flawlessly and seamlessly. I would be willing to say that 7Shifts not only saves me time, but at least 2 hours of work per week, which would only be more with a larger organization. Thank you 7shifts!

Pros

I like how I can interact with my staff through the software and it makes scheudle creation a breeze for organizations of any size. The ability for my staff to book time off through the software is incredible. No more paper schedules. Not to mention customer service is incredible!! They always respond to requests within mere minutes and I've never encountered a problem they couldn't help me with!

Cons

There are absolutely no cons. I will never have a need for any other scheduling software again.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Mitchell! We are SO happy to hear that 7shifts has positively impacted your business in such a big way. We love hearing how specific behaviours have changed, as well as the time and money you're saving. Keep up the great work!

Holly P.
Industry: Hospitality

Great Labour and Scheduling Tool

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Best online live chat center I have ever used. Quick, clear, follow-up emails, 10 star for sure!
It is easy for new managers to learn. I brought this program from the last company I worked with to the Hotel, it has had a massive impact on our labour, bringing labour in-line with budgets.

Pros

There are a few things that stand out for me; the ease of making schedules, having staff working at different locations schedules shared through each location, labour management tool, staff contact information easily accessible through the app on my phone. The last one is a big one for me. This means I do not need to add new employees into my phone.

Cons

There is one new update that I struggle with; as an administrator I now need to pick, and click FOH vs. BOH employees. I very much preferred the drop-down option before.

Response from 7shifts

Wow, thanks so much for the amazing review, Holly! Hearing about how 7shifts has made an impact on your labor management at Hotel Arts Group really makes our day. Thanks for bringing 7shifts over from your last company, too! Happy scheduling.

Rebekah W.

7shifts Review

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

My overall experience with 7shifts has been positive one while working as a waitress at a family-owned restaurant. I mostly use it to see what days I will be working and if I will be working the morning shift, the night shift, or if I am scheduled as a banquet server. I recommend this software to any restaurant looking for an easy, communicative software for their employees to use and to let them know what their schedule will be for the week or weeks ahead.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and maneuver in especially within the app. I personally use the app rather than going to the website and logging in. The app is very convenient. I have notifications sent to my phone from the app that lets me know if someone sends out a message, if a shift is available to pick up, or even if my schedule has been updated. You can see what your schedule is for the week when your manager updates it and what other employees you will be working with for any given day. You can give up your shift to any employee or choose a specific employee to give your shift to for them to pick up. You can also send messages to every employee or specific employees instead of texting or calling them from your phone. Another thing you can do is request time off and decide which days and hours you would like to take off and then the manager will approve or disapprove your action. The color scheme in the app is great too.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't anything I do not like about this software. I have used two other restaurant softwares in the past and this is by far my favorite.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks so much for the detailed review Rebekah! Love hearing that you've used 7shifts in the other restaurants you had worked in.

Sydney G.
Industry: Restaurants

Great way to stay organized

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Pros

I love the digital time off requests. It takes a lot off my plate knowing the system will automatically catalog the requests and remind me when I am making the schedule.

Cons

I wish there was a way to save employee files so I can keep track of documentation and write ups in the software that can correlate to their clock in times and schedule.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Sydney! We've got some awesome surprises for you regarding employee files, coming shortly.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Leigh G.

Helpful and always updating

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Great all around. Saved money with time clocking.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface, ability to group and reach staff through categories.

Cons

I would like to be able to access my employees contact information even after they are terminated (seasonally) without having to re-activate them.
I would also like the ability to post an individual’s schedule without posting everyone’s after the schedule is made but not posted yet.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Leigh! We love your suggestions on how we can improve our scheduler and I have shared that feedback with our product team. Thanks for being a 7shifts user :)

Matthew H.

Functional, Reliable, Consistent

Reviewed on 06/11/2020

Great support East set up

Pros

Easy for employees to quickly learn and accurately update
Saves time on managers end
Intuitive features

Cons

The predicted times for shifts could be more consistent

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Matthew! We know that businesses need reliable systems in order to run, so we're happy to hear that 7shifts is meeting your needs.

Claudia K.

Great Job

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

We switched from WhenIwork to 7shift because we had to switch our POS systems from Square to Toast. It was a little difficult for us to get used to it since wheniwork app was a little more intuitive and required less employee training to learn how to use the app.

But, now that we are used to it, we really enjoy it.

Pros

I like the app feature and the texting feature of this software

Cons

As an administrator, I can only view by day on not by week on the app.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Claudia! It's always a lot of work to make your team switch apps. I've passed along your feedback to our mobile team to see what we can do to improve that first-time experience. Happy to hear that our POS integration has been valuable for your business :)

Kristen W.

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

We're happy with the main functions of 7shifts and overall it has simplified our scheduling process!

Pros

The best part about 7shifts is that any time I have a question, I write a quick message in the pop-up chat located in the bottom right corner, and someone gets back to me within a few minutes. This program easily tracks employees availability and vacations. It has some great key features, and is easy to use.

Cons

It would be great if when scheduling, you can view the day and have a simple button to view the next day. Instead, you have to close the pop-up window, and select the next day separately. Additionally, it would be better if there was a way to input start and end time by clicking and dragging instead of manually entering each start and end time.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Kristen!. We've happy to hear that our client success team always is there to support you and your team. Also, thanks for the great product suggestions ¿ I've pass those along to our team. Cheers! :)

Kurt O.
Industry: Retail

A great value

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

My overall experience has been very positive. 7 Shifts has allowed me to save several hours a week and be a more effective personnel manager.

Pros

7 Shifts allows me to take a much more strategic approach to scheduling. Before 7 shifts, I managed my schedule manually and most of my mental energy was spent creating the scheduling template and organizing my employee's scheduling requests. With 7 shifts, the template is already created and the employees are in charge of managing their own requests. The end result, I can spend my time scheduling my employees strategically to best meet my anticipated demand at the greatest value.

Cons

The software is such an improvement as compared to what I was dong that I really can't find any faults.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Kurt! We love hearing that 7shifts has helped shift your approach to more "strategic" scheduling and sharing of responsibility between you and your staff. We can't wait to continue to work with you for years to come.

Claire G.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent scheduling and payroll tool

Reviewed on 26/12/2020

The log book in particular is a great reporting tool - it enables our management team to streamline their staff scheduling and understand what budgets they are working to, and whether they achieved their targets.

Pros

We use 7shifts to schedule our staff, track their worked hours and for the reporting tools. It helps predict and keep us informed of how much our wage cost is on a daily basis. The staff love the ease of clocking in and out too. It integrates well with our other systems.

Cons

We've been using it for a couple of years now and I can only see the benefits of it.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the amazing review, Claire! We're so happy to hear it's all pros and no cons for you at The Loaf. We're looking forward to continuing to develop the Manager Log Book and other labor management tools to serve you and your team better.

Dave N.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Not Just For Restaurants!

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Absolute time saver! I used to do scheduling on Excel, with sheets spread out in front of me, taking 3-4 hours on average for a week. With 7shifts, I can crank a week out in 10-20 minutes!

Pros

I love that I can divide staff into areas of our shop related to their knowledge and abilities. I also like the ability to block off dates for time-off requests and set a 2-week advance minimum to request time-off. Also, employees can offer-up their shifts and employees can grab their shift with my approval.

Cons

Software won't run on Win-XP (yes, we still have a couple in our network)

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Dave! While we do primarily work for restaurants, I'm super happy to hear the 7shifts is working for your business and is streamlining availability for your team. Cheers!

Amanda H.
Industry: Food & Beverages

A simple tool to make life easier for the entire team, everyday.

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

The company has made many great improvements over the years and I plan to continue using the software!

Pros

Our entire team loves 7shifts and it's ease of use! Great for management and simplifies schedule changes. It also holds people accountable with reminders, shift alerts, and more. Great and easy to use. It would be great if it integrated with our POS without an additional fee.

Cons

Additional charges for basic features like integration with TOAST.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Amanda! We love hearing that your entire team loves 7shifts and you will be continuing to use it as your business grows. I will have a member of our team reach out to you to see what we can do in order to mitigate the integration fees that Toast charges for integrating with 7shifts. Cheers!

April V.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Experience has been good overall and each time there are new features I am notified, and from there decide of the bee feature fit with what I need.

Pros

The scheduling tool and manager log are the two things my team gets the most use out of. They help keep my team connected and in the loop with daily operations. I like that you can customize the manager log to fit the individual needs of your restaurant.

Cons

Positive feedback overall. No dislikes at the moment.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review April! Happy to hear you are finding value in our scheduling as well as logbook features. On that, I'm going to have a member of our team reach out to you as our Logbook is totally customizable and I'm sure there is a lot of awesome stuff we can share with you. Cheers!

Kyler R.
Industry: Restaurants

Great product. Does what we need

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Pros

User friendly, easy for employees to learn with minimal training. Works how it needs to work

Cons

I don’t need all the extra bells and whistles as my restaurant POS provides
That. Nice that this integrates.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Kyler! We love hearing that 7shifts provides exactly what you need and isn't "crappy" ;)

Rob B.

Excellent

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Excellent support system in place, anytime I have thrown something out they get back to me right away. Been on the phone a couple of times, they are getting out input for what we use this and that for to help improve or tweak things.

Pros

I like everything about it, saves me so much time. No notes or texted for request off or vacation. Trading shifts is so easy now, less phone calls or texts trying to find someone to cover. Then add in the 7 punches and 7 tasks and you almost have everything you need

Cons

I can’t think of anything that I would change. They are always looking at updating and finding new things to add to help us out

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the kind words Rob! We're happy to hear that you are finding value in ALL parts of our platform - from time & attendance to task management in order to help your business. And on behalf of our entire support team, thanks for the kind words. That means a lot to us. Cheers!

Mylene R.
Industry: Hospitality

Great solution!

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

We can now manage our attendance very easily and faster than ever

Pros

Easy to use for all managers. Easy to approve time punches and export timesheets.

Cons

We would have liked to have more fields for employee management such as performance management, and incident reports, as well as document management.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Mylene! It's a great feeling when the research you do on a new tool to help your business pays off. Also, keep an eye out for great new features being added in the coming months to address what you are still looking for.

Sara O.

Scheduling is a Breeze

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Before we signed up for 7shifts, the schedule was so much work. Employees would have to submit time off requests on pieces of paper that would get lost or misplaced. There was no way to keep everything in line and I felt like we spent so much time on the schedule. Now it takes a few minutes a week to do it. Also the employees love it and there's no confusion over when they work.

Pros

Ease of viewing employees availability. We love how we can see our gross payroll. It makes communicating with our employees so much easier.

Cons

I wish that, as the admin, I could work on the schedule via the app.

Response from 7shifts

Wow, thanks for the great review Sara! We're thrilled to hear that 7shifts is working so well for your team at Grasso's Pizza and that you've managed to significantly cut down your scheduling time. Let us know if there is every anything our team can help you with.

Mike B.

Best Restaurant Software on Market at great Value

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

They're super fast to answer any issue and the owner sometimes sends the email, being an owner myself, I respect that

Pros

Ease of use is insane and I don't​ get dinged for having more stores or more employees, straight simple fee like all products should be.

Cons

7shifts is young and hungry, they're laser-focused on schedule, I ​would like to see more user profile features in the future like expirations for certifications.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Mike! It's true, we ARE laser-focused on scheduling, but we are going to be adding so much more functionality for our amazing user like yourself in the months to come. Stay tuned!

David M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

All the essentials, easy-to-use app

Reviewed on 17/09/2016

7Shifts has made our lives a lot easier. It has all the features we need and the mobile app is great for staff to use. A few nice things about it:
1) It automatically calculates labor cost (and % sales if you input sales)
2) You can send announcements to staff (directly to a person, position, location, etc.) and, like schedules, it goes to their email and phone via SMS
3) There's add-ons like a clock-in/out system (7punches) and Manager's log book that we think are really great
Overall it's does a good job of scheduling essentials. For example, letting staff know when they're working (text and email), collecting staff availabilities, allowing staff to trade shifts, dealing with time off requests and making sure you don't schedule during approved time off. It also tracks how much time each member of staff has taken off, which is nice to see.

Pros

Good mobile app, staff like it

Cons

Website can be a little slow and a bit hard to use for certain things.

Mark S.
Industry: Sports

Great Way To Connect With Staff

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

7-Shift is a great app to make sure our staff know their schedule, and are aware of everything going on at the golf course.

Pros

7-Shift is a very easy way to communicate with staff, in a day and age where everything is digital, it’s easy to contact and start conversations through the app.

Cons

Admin spam gets to be a bit much. Which I’m sure can easily be adjusted.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Mark! Appreciate your feedback insights on how 7shifts is helping your golf course stay connected. And yes, you can adjust the messages and notifications you can get in the app from here: https://support.7shifts.com/article/120-notification-preferences

Sam K.

Great scheduling app

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

I have no choice but to use this software for work, but I’m happy it’s 7shifts! Aside from a couple of glitches, it offers a smooth experience with easy to read information.

Pros

I love the overview scene where I can see all of my shifts at a glance. It’s also helpful to see who’s working on days when I’m not scheduled. Very convenient and easy to use.

Cons

I wish there were widgets for iOS 14 that give a scheduling summary without having to open the app.
I often find notification icons not going away after I’ve opened a message/bulletin.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Sam! We're happy to hear that even though you're forced to use an app, you're happy it's 7shifts haha. Also, thanks for the feedback on iOS widgets I've shared your feedback directly with our mobile team to consider implementing.

Nikita E.

I love this app!

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

I really love this app. So simple & easy to use.

Pros

It’s so easy to use, very simple but has everything we need. I love all the different features & it’s just very simple & self explanatory. We’ve very few few problems using it for the last 2 years.

Cons

It sometimes takes a little long to load & can time out but it’s not very often that it does happen & it’s usually only one persons app at a time that it glitches on.

Response from 7shifts

Thanks for the review Nikita! It makes our day to hear that for 2+ years we've been able to make your life easier and problem-free. Going to Excel to 7shifts is a liberating experience :)