invoicely

Free Online Invoice Software for Small Businesses

4.7 /5 (176 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.4
Peter B.

Very clean, crisp and fast system with great feedback about invoices sent by email or text.

Reviewed on 20/11/2017

It has pushed me into being more 'paperless' - delivering invoices by email or txt when possible. Early days but I'm hoping it will make me more efficient and help me deliver a more professional image over invoicing clients. It would allow me to produce invoices when on the road which before I couldn't do.

Pros

This is the fastest business web app I've ever used, faster than many 'local' systems. An unexpected benefit for me was the feedback it gives when sending invoices by email or a link to the invoice by sms text - it lets me know that the client has seen the invoice.

Cons

I find entering payment details for checks a bit too 'free form' - its just a text box for check #, date or whatever. But I admit I'm not exactly sure what needs to be recorded about checks, I may be OTT.

Industry: Writing & Editing

I Love Invoicely

Reviewed on 30/01/2020

Invoicely allows me to easily track my time, which has enabled me to create more accurate project estimates. It's smooth as butter to use and I highly recommend it for small businesses.

Pros

One of the best things about Invoicely is the time tracking feature. I love being able to easily track how much time I'm spending on what.

Cons

When sending invoices, you can address them to more than one person. However, the recipients can't see that others were cc'ed. So I've had countless experiences where a recipient in Accounting will reply by forwarding the invoice to my main contact, who I had included on the invoice, or the main contact will reply by forwarding to Accounting, who I had included on the invoice. Basically each thinks the other wasn't included, and this creates more emails and a bit of confusion. The workaround I've adapted is including a note with each invoice telling multiple recipients that they've all been included and are all receiving the same invoice.

Divan V.
Industry: Design

Invoices Done!

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Invoicely is a very handy program that makes day to day invoicing easy and effortless.

Pros

Invoicely offers small companies, entrepreneurs and start-up users a great opportunity to keep track of their finances with an easy to use and easy to navigate the invoicing system. Logging in is seamless and the dashboard offers great versatility by generating income reports as well as tell you what amount of money is still due.

Cons

There is no mobile app and a free account won't allow you to generate an estimate on your work.

Simona Z.
Industry: Events Services
Company size: Self Employed

Great, intuitive, easy to use software

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 25/03/2020

In less than 15min I have signed up and starting issuing invoices.

Pros

I was looking for an easy to use software that also had a free element as I only need it occasionally. It was extremely intuitive and really enjoy using it so far. Definitely recommend!

Cons

The interface is little bit confusing on how to edit existing but not yet sent invoices. Took a couple of tries to figure it out.

Issam A.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Good for what I need

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 21/09/2020

Overall I am satisfied with Invoicely for running an SME. Does the job and automated my invoicing process.

Pros

I really like the flexibility and the accessibility of Invoicely. It saves me a lot of time.

Cons

The application is very rich and straight forward. I think one of the not well organised sections is the Clients. Invoicely treats Clients and Suppliers in the same location which could cause confusion with Bills and Invoices.

Sergi H.
Industry: Computer Software

A good way to keep your invoices on auto-pilot

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Pros

It's intuitive and easy to use. I love that they offer the hability to set up recurring invoices.

Cons

They don't allow you to start a new recurring invoice retroactively. The starting date cannot be the same day, it must be at least the day after. This doesn't make sense to me and has created me some problems.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Review For Invoicely

Reviewed on 15/09/2019

Overall excellent but they should have mobile application so we can access it on our cellphones.

Pros

If you are looking for effortless invoicing, invoicely is perfect invoicing for you.
They accept the online payment
You can redesign it you can add your company logo, specific color scheme etc.
You can use it for more than one business different invoice for each of your business.
It also have free plan.

Cons

I used it for 12 months and i found nothing wrong. It's user friendly and simple but they don't have mobile app that's one con i found.

The easiest invoicing tool I've ever used

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 18/06/2018

Pros

As a freelancer, I need something that allows me to keep on top of my invoicing without manually keeping sending reminders. Invoicely allows me to look at what is outstanding by a number of days and trigger a reminder email.
I like the dashboard showing me running totals of invoices and the messages how customizable the whole process can be.

Cons

I used the free version until I had to upgrade due to wanting to create recurring monthly invoices.
Not the end of the world as well worth the money to save time.

Lucinda m M.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Have used invoicely happily for years: when I need customer support it exceeds expectations

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

Pros

Keeps all my billing organized at very low cost; provide tax info, etc with no fuss at all. Options for communicating with clients in various languages.

Cons

One fairly subtle thing is that changes to invoices, ie., must be manually saved sometimes else they don't register.

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Loyal customer

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Great

Pros

User friendly design interface, flexible..

Cons

There were some limitations in the beginning, but over the years it has been improved..

Julia M.

Beautiful Displayed Invoice Creator

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

I got to create beautifully laid-out invoices. I was able to itemize and more. I am able to encrypt in email or fax it, which is useful for certain clients.

Pros

It is very easy to use, and the aesthetics are over the top. The software doesn't look like it is from the 90's, but has a modern, hip look, to the interface. The name is convenient as well.

Cons

I would say the only issue I had is verifying that I sent the invoice to the proper address. I always had to Cc myself.

Mike G.
Industry: Automotive

So Easy

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

Enjoying the ease of use, the straight forward set up & the speedy online help when required

Pros

I love the ease of use o this product as I'm a novice, I look forward to adding upgrades as my knowledge expands

Cons

I haven't made full use of all the services this products supplies but for basic invoicing I have found now flaws as yet

Prabu R.

The get-it-done invoicing solution

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 24/03/2018

Pros

- Makes you look professional
- Ability to add logo and brand colours
- Easy to use
- Clean invoice layout

Cons

- Email customizations are available only on the paid plan
- No integrations with other software viz. Toggl and Asana

Nara S.
Industry: Printing

Simply Superb

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

I run a fine art printing service company from India.
Invoivcely takes care of my company's Printing service.
I no longer need to track the invoices,payment dues in old fashioned way.

Pros

Ease of Use.
Supports all currencies.
Intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

None,at the least,i haven't encountered it.
Perhaps,you should offer a very low montly plan($5) for small business companies like ours.

Industry: Alternative Medicine

It's so beautiful

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Pros

-It's beautiful and clean.
-You can create invoices for multiple business (paid plan).
-There is a free plan available (not just a trial).
-The free plan has pretty much everything a solo practitioner would need, including payment integration (PayPal only).
-Paid plans are very affordable and a good value.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that it isn't a scheduler with integrated billing and invoicing. Because of this, I don't have any use for this gorgeous, intuitive app. Womp, womp.

Sarah D.

The Free Version Is More Than Enough!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Pros

I love the ease of being able to switch line items from hours worked to a custom rate.
Many other platforms make me go back into the settings to change this. I think the "boiler plate"/template verbiage that is used for sending the invoices is awesome as well. The Paypal payment integration is flawless as well.

Um, let's not forget the free version allows you to do so much. The only reason I upgraded to the next level paid account is so that I could do Estimates.

Cons

I did have an issue where my time was not calculating properly. I contacted Customer Service and they were able to promptly assist me. I wish there was an option to allow my clients to pay with their credit cards

Gareth S.
Industry: Retail

Awesome

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 31/08/2018

I'm loving it and will use it always

Pros

Its free and works like a charm. Best platform ever

Cons

None. It's perfect. Just the way it is. Thank u

Shamus K.
Industry: Sports

Wonderful

Reviewed on 18/10/2017

Huge time saving

Pros

The sign up was simple.
The Multi-currency invoicing is superbly useful.
The ease of use is top class.

Cons

I'd be hard pressed to find something I don't like. But if I have be nit picky, maybe I'd prefer a different colour scheme.

Sean B.
Industry: Design

Simple, easy-to-use invoicing software

Reviewed on 24/07/2017

Simple, easy-to-use web-based solution to client and project management.

Pros

Invoicely makes creating and tracking clients, invoices, expenses, and receipts super easy. Even the free tier offers a robust invoicing platform that serves most of my needs. Client and project metadata are well-organized and flexible enough for almost anyone's needs. The dashboard makes it simple to see my cash flow at a glance.

Cons

The relationship between clients, invoices, and receipts is not intuitive within the platform. It can be confusing to get from one point to another without at least one or two mis-clicks.

very easy to use if you have a small business

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 31/05/2018

Pros

The software is easy to use and very intuitive. I love the fact that it can be used for free if you don't need extra accounts.

Cons

not that much. From my point of view this app doesn't have to do that much. I continue to use it because I need a place to store all the money that is coming in and all the money that is going out.

Oluwatobi R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

The Best things are truly frew

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Gives my personally business a more professional frontier

Pros

Easy tracking of all invoices, plus following up unpaid bills

Cons

Nothing is completely free. #Lol. It would have been amazing if recurring invoices could be set freely

Dainius M.
Industry: Performing Arts

simple, elegant. and just works

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Pros

Simplicity and clarity for the user. Does all the typical billing functions with ease.

Cons

COuld use a separate function for "receipts". Often get paid in some other way, but then the user would like to get an "official-looking" receipt. Can be done with the current design, but few steps are required, would make it smoother to have dedicated functionality for this frequent transaction (at least for me)

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Good and easy to use

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Less time spent on invoices...more time for other admin. Good summaries available to user to stay up to date in your business

Pros

Can add own notes and items. User friendly. Straight forward commands and layout.
Like the dashboard and summaries given

Cons

Cant consolidate invoices.

Have to either edit or create another invoice. Would be nice for the same client if old unpaid invoices was auto added onto new invoices

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

As a full-time freelancer, Invoicely is incredibly helpful to my business.

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 28/07/2018

Pros

The ease of use of this software is the biggest selling point to me. I am new to freelancing so tracking my hours to bill is made a lot easier with Invoicely's setup.

Cons

Changing some of the minor settings has been a source of frustration, but not nearly enough to get me to switch to new software.

Venessa V.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Software evaluation

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

Not having to use a book where it can get lost and that fact that you can monitor who paid you and who has not

Pros

The fact that you can tailor it to meet your needs

Cons

Copying in company logo, maybe its just me