Setmore

894 Software options

Debby E.

Do not overlook Setmore

Reviewed on 01/06/2021

It has been a huge blessings as I started my business with Setmore and it has allowed me to take bookings online. I have only used the free version and will be sad to leave them, but should they upgrade to the more modern style and more capability, I would love to hear about it as I know they will do it right.

Pros

It is very easy to use and intuitive to set up. It has online booking capability that integrates with my Wordpress website. The online help is second to none and they are very quick to respond and super friendly. Their FREE version is amazing for up to five practitioners and integrates with numerous payment providers. It has a notes section and option to list classes.
They are also constantly improving their system, striving for the best.

Cons

It does not look that modern and although they do the basics very well, I need more than that now, which they cannot yet provide, such as concession cards, membership options, discounts, SOAP notes etc.

It looks a little outdated and wanted to have a modern look with lots of clear images.

Timely

Reasons for Switching to Setmore

As a brand new business I was attracted by their free version.

Response from Setmore

Hi Debby,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is extremely important to us as we are constantly striving to improve the product.

Please continue to reach out to our support team or email [email protected] if you have any issues.

Thanks,
Julia, Community Team

Suzi H.

• Customer Support Software

A few things I need that are imperative

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Overall experience is good but just so frustrating that the support chat I feel dont understand your points or address / understand you problems. It feels like they're so detached from caring. Ive literally just had a conversation with someone on chat and it was an awful experience.

Pros

Super simple and works with you, quick easy and makes life simple

Cons

Really important for us and reasons why I witched:
We need to take varied deposit amounts
If someone cancels their appointment we have to contact them to get their card details to to refund their deposit- it's really frustrating
Sometimes when I contact customer support I feel like they dont listen
Our clients frequently commented on the fact that they stated going through the booking system then it quit/froze/took their card details and didnt go through. We thought it was people just being difficult however it was such a common complaint- can we report it to you and you look at a history of what happened within that transaction?
Why can we not reuest payments off people through setmore- its a really great feature.
There's not enough characters for T&Cs & notes to the customer when booking.

Euripides S.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Massage therapist

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Pros

The user interface and the android app is the best on the market

Cons

The features are lacking compared to other similar software

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Setmore

It just fits my current business needs. For another similar business I run, I have chosen other software.
Gregor M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Great one-stop shop for health practitioners

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Setmore provides a combination of easy-to-use function sand features that make my job as a life coach simpler. Setmore is my single source of truth for the day to day running of my business. Appointment booking, calendar integration, client details, email and text appointment reminders, cash and card payments, web storefront, these are all features I'd expect to find in software targetted at my business, but the no-cost integration with Teleport for group and one-to-one video sessions is the cherry on the top. If you run a hair salon, a yoga or pilates studio, a coaching business, a massage practice or any session-based appointment-run business, then it is worth your time evaluating Setmore.

Pros

Setmore is incredibly easy to use and set up. The feature set for anyone who lives by client appointments is perfect. Simple integrations with payment providers ensure you can charge for services. Best of all is the integration with Teleport.video for video conferencing. The dashboard gives you a high-level view of your business, and the reports and client database are simple but useful. If you need deeper analytics or CRM functionality Setmore also integrates with most of the market leaders. Finally, Setmore support is responsive, professional and helpful.

Cons

As an Apple-based business, the support for Safari is not as complete as the support for Chrome. There is also no support for Windows Explorer - which can be an issue for video chats with some clients. However, as there are workarounds - use Chrome or Firefox - this isn't a deal-breaker. I would like a bit more customisation for the client-facing features. For instance, the online booking page isn't customisable for look-and-feel - e.g.brand colours. layout etc. However, those are advanced features which I suspect few customers would take advantage of, so again not a deal-breaker.

Pricing, features and functionality
Melanie C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Easy to Use Appointment Management Tool, Free Version of Setmore Meets All My Needs

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

My experience with Setmore has been outstanding. The free options have provided me with everything that I needed and things that I didn't know I needed, but love! I use Setmore every single day. Customers from various organizations can easily make appointments through the easy to use interface. I can customize the interface and corresponding emails. I can generate daily reports and schedules for my staff. I can look up customer information to follow up with customers. I can modify the availability of appointments. I am very excited to have found Setmore. One more thing, the customer service at Setmore is excellent. When I had an issue with reporting, the Setmore staff helped me immediately and gave me updates along the way. The Setmore staff followed up with me and made sure that everything was working well for me. A big thank you for the excellent customer service!

Pros

Setmore has been the perfect fit for what I need. I needed a way for an exclusive list of customers to make appointments, but I needed to be able to control when the appointment times were available based on a variable schedule. For instance, some Mondays appointments were available from 10am - 7pm and on other Mondays appointments were only available 12pm - 7pm. The free version of Setmore allows me to: customize the appointment dates/times available, allows me to embed the appointment schedule into a WordPress site, allows me to easily view and report appointment times, allows me to maintain a customer list, and even allows me the ability to customize messages to customers. Setmore has been the perfect appointment tool for my program and organization.

Cons

I love Setmore. If I had to pick one limitation it is that when I customize emails through Setmore, I have a set character limit that is just a few characters shy of the total message that I would like to send. I make due with the character limit, but my message would be a little better if I didn't have the character limit in place.

Matthew S.

• Customer Support Software

Easiest and Most cost effective scheduling interface available

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

We have had a much easier time getting our clients comfortable with booking their own appointments and being more responsible with cancellations using this system. The staff appreciates the ability to book from their phones or cancel and reschedule from outside the office.

Pros

It is easy to set up and maintain. The integration with our website was seamless. We're able to customize on the fly.

Cons

It would be more helpful if the client also had an interface that allowed them to see upcoming and past appointments. A register of cancellations, dates and communications times would also benefit us.

Mindbody

Reasons for Choosing Setmore

The schedulicity was much more expensive for less functionality Clickbook was a great system, but the owner died suddenly and the customer support from the service died with him.

Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Setmore

Much too expensive and too corporate
Bill A.

Day Spa Booking software

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Good, but could be better.

Pros

Setting up services is smooth and allows for the order to be determined by client and not A-Z. Most booking software do not allow for this. Thus you can not put your top selling services at the top of the booking page for ease of clients that book online.

Sends confirmation emails and reminder text. The reminder text greatly reduces no-showes.

Easy ability to download booking information into spread sheet that can be uploaded into email markeing programs.

Keeps an ongoing data base of all clients year to year. So you data base just gets larger.

Not difficult for staff to learn to use for booking appointments.

Cons

Does not have a staff only interphase that can be at the front desk. To allow staff to have all functions they must use admin page. That allows for booking software surfing by staff and the deletions of settings and services by mistake.

Does not allow for Room booking. Only does staff booking. So if a services requires more then one staff member can result in over booking and angry clients.

Needs the ability to be able to book rooms or service areas, then when assigned to staff, then staff can receive emails on service times. Currently does only books staff. So my staff never receives booking notifications. I have each set to areas or rooms in the spa.

Does not allow payment processing threw local banks or other merchants that have lower interest rates compared to Strip and Square.

Trevor C.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Good system to use but could expand it's services

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

We use this as an online ordering portal that connects our services to the technician who is doing the work. It is basically Online > client > select requirements > Set date and time > assign technician to service > add to calendar.
The flaw is that we use service m8 to also schedule and invoice (then to Xero for accounting) and it doesn't connect to it (yet - hopefully one day), so there is a deal of double handling for us.
You can do payments in this service which is great, but our first one was awkward and we were not sure of the success. It's not the programs fault, I think it was the fault of the external party.
A few things are a bit clunky and not able to be customised, Im a believer everything should have an option to customise as every business has its own development requirements.
Overall, we are long time users (years) and wont change systems now. Just waiting for this one to go through enhancements..... Please........

Pros

Easy to use for all levels of system users.
Looks good and professional.
Great for basic businesses or education environments.

Cons

There are limitations depending on your own personal requirements. We do have to do work arounds to get it to fit our needs and it can be disappointing and frustrating. However saying that, it's a service that is not designed for what we need it to do, we use it because it links to other thinks that we like to use it for. I would love to see it expand as I think it has potential but some businesses would find this limiting.

Melita M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

LOVE Setmore..but

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

I have tried other's and have come back to Ashmore!!

Pros

The ease. Not too many p ages to flip through. We sto p ped using setmore and paid for more expensive ones... only because doesnt quite cover our needs. But i came back to setmore when weighing up pro & cons

Cons

I ideally need more photo space. And to be able to view photo bigger. I would also like better reporting. We have now got square so I'll see i f that makes reporting better.
Also staff get to access client info, it would be good if they just saw their schedule ,& not able to change it and not see $ .

MoeGo

PetExec

Easier to use
Rory C.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

• Customer Support Software

If you visit customers in their homes then this is for you.

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

Overall I find Setmore just really good.

Pros

This software gives my customers the ability to book my services online, pay for the appointment, get confirmation of the appointment and get reminders before the appointment.

Customers find it easy to use, it gives them the confidence that they are dealing with a company that is on the ball.

The best thing for me is that customers book me and I travel to their homes to service their woodburner and chimney. So many booking software companies assume customers come to you. Setmore know that some of us travel to customers.

Cons

Like all software, you have to play with it to get to function as you would like. It took me about a day of messing about, trying things out to see what did and what didn't work for me. I don't really see this as a con. If someone was very new at setting one of these booking softwares up, it may take a bit of time to get all the functions up and running.
Doesn't take PayPal.

10to8 and SimplyBook.me

Reasons for Choosing Setmore

Ezyonlinebookings changed their system from one which was good to one which didn't work for me. They redesigned their software which focused on customers coming to you. I go to customers so I just had to find another software provider. I have used Book Fresh in the past which was good but then became unavailable in Europe, just US, Canada and Japan?

Reasons for Switching to Setmore

Setmore seemed to offer what I was looking for. i tried it and it works.
Lela M.

Almost met all my needs

Reviewed on 16/09/2020

Overall, with as much as I like it, the inability to book multiple services with one buffer time is a deal breaker for me and I'm probably going to have to go with another software.

Pros

I like that the software integrates Square for CC processing, which I have already been using for years. I like that it is easy to set up. I like that you can add a buffer to the services, that really helps with the new cleaning requirements due to Covid.

Cons

I am disappointed that I am unable to book multiple services from my end of the software. This is huge for me as I rebook my clients at the end of every appointment. If I had to rely on my clients to rebook themselves in a timely manner they would forget and my schedule would be disrupted. Not being able to do this affects my business income, which is a huge problem.
Other minor concerns are,
1) color coding of services, when a service is added to a category, it should automatically take on that categories color, not a random one.
2) it would be nice if there were a deposit option on booking instead of just full payment, it should have a percentage of service total option,
3) I can't see all schedules for the day side by side
4) I also wish there was an option to have memberships available

Jim C.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Service with a smile

Reviewed on 23/08/2020

I will now be able to book appointments with my clients when they click a button on my website, when I text them a link to my booking page, offer that link in social media, and email it to anyone wishing to meet with me. This is awesome.

Pros

Upon trying out Setmore for the first time, I began experimenting with features and setting up my schedule. Very quickly I was met with a chat by a friendly "Hello". Every time I came upon something I had a question about, another assistant chimed in to say Hi. I ended up asking questions as I came upon them, then was already accustomed to using the chat by the time I asked a few questions on my own. Relevant articles were suggested, direct answers were given. I am discovering, with all this help how powerful and simple this app is. Also, since I am getting really fast response, I am more efficient using the app. I intend to integrate it with my website.

Cons

I sincerely cannot think of a negative aspect to Setmore.

Genbook

Reasons for Choosing Setmore

This is elegant and easy to perceive its features for the job to be done. G Calendar is too ubiquitous and does not have the sleek app'y look and feel.

Reasons for Switching to Setmore

There are many features that have no cost to get started. One service I checked out would have charged me $20.00/ month and as a re-startup business, that may have cost me more than $5 per appointment during my first month in business. I needed something that would allow me to get started and grow alongside my plan and still have strong features for capturing appointments. This seems to allow for this need.
Kirsten F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

Pros

Everything about this product is easy and fluid. I have been using setmore for 2-3 years. I can link it to landing pages, customize the features

Cons

They have two glitches. One is that you can limit the future ability to set an appointment, I choose 2 days. The HUGE problem is that it counts the weekends even if your office is closed and no employees work on weekends. So I can send out emails of Friday to have people set Monday appointments. REALLY REALLY BAD as it messes up all on my online advertising and ability to have people schedule during the weekend for Monday appointments. It doesn't allow people to schedule during times it is closed, it just doesn't jump to Monday, like there is no workweek only feature.

IT ALSO doesn't allow you to link to a page. it has its thank you page which you can add a link to but it does not allow you to customize that page. for example I don't want a thank you page I want it to jump to a website. the best I can get is a link at the bottom....which no one sees as they skim it as a thank you page.

Barbara W.
  • Industry: Music
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Amazing Software & Service!

Reviewed on 17/10/2020

Amazing!!

Pros

So far, I'm adapting easily to the new software! It's very user friendly and the staff are all amazing!

Cons

Although I haven't yet imported my contacts from Mindbody, I haven't experienced any shortcomings at this point.

SpotOn Restaurant

Reasons for Choosing Setmore

Many reasons, but mostly I was dissatisfied with MINDBODY lack of customer care and support. Plus it is way too expensive for what they offer.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Setmore

It's more suitable to my type of business and customer service is unparalleled!
Jackie C.
  • Industry: Furniture

• Customer Support Software

Great tool to bring organization to a complex business and diverse team

Reviewed on 01/12/2019

We have all easily adapted to use of Setmore. Staff loves the ability to schedule appointments remotely on their cell phones. We are also able to book appointments for one another, and get updates as appointments are set. We love that the app offers a layout that makes it easy to see the day's schedule for all team members at a glance.

Pros

We implemented Setmore as a way to track our open projects and keep track of client appointments. We use Setmore to communicate appointment times to clients and to inform each other of our out-of-office appointments, as well as to forecast our weekly business opportunities.

Cons

It would be great if clients could reply to the appointment reminders and the responses were directed to the team member with whom the appointment was set instead of to the general mailbox. We have misssed some client communications due to this setting / feature.

Kerris A.

simple system

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

i can make bookings easy and clearly online clients find it easy to use.

Pros

it's easy to use and so far not been too much of an issue.
it is a nice set up not full of extras that make it annoying for a sole trader business.

Cons

I don't like that there is no warning when a repeat client booking is ending.
And the notes are too basic so I can't write my medical notes Like SOAP.
some of my clients do not get the text message.

MassageBook and Noterro

Reasons for Switching to Setmore

I find the USA company a bit tricky cost-wise and well cant remember
Sarit O.

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

It's a great software and I like working with it.
Thank you!

Pros

It's easy and my customers get a reminder before the meeting.
It's easy for me to look at my working week through the Setmore software.

Cons

1. To work with it through the app and the smartphone is a bit of a mess for me. I can't break the spaces I blocked so people wouldn't book themselves. If I want to book someone at that same time from the road with the app, it's impossible. I have to wait until I'm near the computer again.
2. I work alone but go to different cities on different days of the week. So I put the cities as staff.
It confuses my clients a bit until they get used to it.
I need to have different options for different places, to keep the order of my being in every city they want to book themselves.

Michael B.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Changes

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

It keeps me on track with all of my appointments and the appointments for my team. I just love all of the reminders. It makes me look so professional.

Pros

I absolutely love this program. It keeps me on track and I don't have to worry about reminding my clients about their appointments. My associates can schedule an appointment with ease and check my schedule for availability for training in the field.

Cons

The reminders should be personalized. One should be able to set reminders so that the customer can call the person that actually sets the appointment with them if he/she has to cancel or reschedule. Right now they can only call the phone number of the administrator of the account. If the client loses the associate's number there is no other way to contact them.

Lara B.

Almost There

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Overall, the app is great! I use it mainly as a digital back up for my pen and paper appointment book. It is convenient to send reminders once everyone is in the system. I do not use it for payments yet, but may try it in the future.

Pros

Form all the scheduling apps that I tried, Setmore is the friendliest to use. The UI is good, easy to navigate, and visually pleasing.

Cons

I have some issues with text reminders. The default reminders are set to a format where date and time of the appointment are listed backwards. I am assuming that it is the UK format but there should be a way to change the default text even in a free version. Another improvement that can be made is for the app to simply take the phone numbers from the existing contact list on my phone instead of me entering client's phone number into the app with each new client. I end up entering them twice; once into my contact list and then again into the contact list of Setmore. An option to scan the contact list would be great. I would also suggest the addition of another color scheme for the app. It's a bit bland for my taste.

Well-organized scheduling

Reviewed on 28/03/2021

It is a surprisingly good tool, I am very satisfied. My expectations were not sky-high, better to err on caution's side. However, if anything, SetMore turned out to be a truly handy platform both from the business' as well as the clientele's perspective. I am most glad I was recommended this product: it makes life (and time management) a lot easier.

Pros

The free version in itself offers enough to run a small business with ease when it comes to appointments: smooth setup and a great layout both on the administrator's and the clients' end - the latter being perhaps even more important. One can easily keep track of their schedule on multiple devices. The notifications are running smoothly both ways (business/clients) - no hiccups, no complaints so far.

Cons

Automatic emailing options and the calendar could be a tad more flexible/diverse, but nothing grossly hindering, in all earnestness.

Annalien T.

Setmore: My electronic diary

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Very good, makes my life easier.

Pros

I can book appointments electronically from my computer and mobile. Patients can book appointments for themselves as well. Different services are displayed & one can choose from various options. Very important: text reminders are send.

Cons

I had problems to download the mobile version of my diary. It kept trying to create a new diary. I had to contact Setmore support after struggling many hours. I don't want to watch video's or information sheets, but prefer direct help from the support desk. I would like to transfer data to Dropbox as a storage/back up option.

Brad C.

• Customer Support Software

Wonderful appointments system that is flexible and packed with features

Reviewed on 28/07/2017

Ease of managing client appointments almost flawlessly.

Pros

Setmore is brilliant. I can run my entire company's appointments system through it and it works marvellously with google calendars and has great integration with websites. Best of all I like most of these systems it works really well on mobiles and is very easy for clients to use and administer.

Cons

So far there has been very little to criticise. There could be a little more flexibility in customisation of forms etc and perhaps the ability for organic appointments (i.e. Client chooses the length rather than have to select a set block) but otherwise suits all of our needs perfectly.

John M.
  • Industry: Public Safety

• Customer Support Software

Bad for businesses where you go to the customer, Great for business where the customer comes...

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Pros

Easy to setup and easy of use. The learning curve is very short.

Cons

Does not allow for scheduling at multiple locations. Software is designed for customers to come a business location and not for the business to go to the customers location. I have an inspection business. If a customer schedules inspections at multiple locations, the address of the last inspection that is scheduled will appear on all of the inspection scheduled prior to the last one. This causes serious confusion for my business and it is to the point now that I may have to look for other options.

Stacey-ann C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Fair

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

Great

Pros

It is easy to use and manage, also to keep track of my financials

Cons

You cannot combine services, like Fresha. That will be my main reason for trying another app. I would like to be able to build combos for clients to select.
You cannot issue discounts or coupons

Dag S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Very useful software

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

We run a readymix concrete plant, and Setmore is used to fill in orders as they come. In this way all foremen, drivers etc. are informed what is going on, and demand for resources. We are far from using all the features of the paid version, but we like it so well, we have the paid version anyway. And it is not expensive.

Pros

Easy to implement and use, and it gives us the benefits we were looking for

Cons

Nothing special. I have asked/suggested one feature without response, but I understand there is many considerations.