4.7
Gidon A.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Excellent appointment maker

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Setmore helped me overcome a weird block I had against Google Calendar (I am all google all the time with many other Google products) by "forcing" me to synch with it (for best impact). It has made my meeting setups 1000% better and really my whole day more efficient.

Pros

Cons

I use it to schedule one on one Zoom meetings. It works very good for this. I would perhaps suggest creating a different version of Setmore especially for people like me, who are trying to just coordinate one on one meetings. A version that would look less like "buy a massage slot" and more like "set up a meeting with someone who's not trying to sell you something". I find myself apologetic when I am trying to set up a meeting with someone higher than me in status

Also, some people said that they need to sign in or sign up to use it?? Maybe because a masseuse needs certain info, but a "let's get on a call together" really just needs name and email.

Amanda D.
Industry: E-Learning

You need to add an option for CUSTOMERS to book RECURRING appointments PLEASE

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

Better than Calendly, but as I mentioned, I need my customers to be able to book recurring appointments as a private e-learning tutor.

Pros

Pro/premium features, recurring appointments, customisation of slots, nice booking page, nice calendar page

Cons

You need to add an option for CUSTOMERS to book RECURRING appointments PLEASE that does not clash with other appointments.

Also, it would be nice if customers could see my personal calendar like how I see it.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Getting Started, needed help...Help answered quickly and solved my issue

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

I will say I just started and so far it has been great, no issues other than my question which was answered quickly and I was back setting up our account.

Pros

Ease of use and setup. Ability to customize and use.

Cons

Would like the ability to customize industry. Categories are great for general use but does not allow a more specific Industry to be selected or set.

Jörgen P.

Why I still use Setmore

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

So far very satisfied with constant improvements in Setmore.

Pros

Very easy to manage, great customer support, clear and simple interface.

Cons

Lots of bugs over time while booking an appointment or especially when changing currenty booked appointment. Many times customers are overbooking each other, even when it is not allowed in the settings. For an example, two customers have probably booked from computer at the exact same time. So one of them gets the appointment created email and the other does not. But for the first timers it is very confusing so they both come at the same time it was available. I suggest implementing a small time frame the booking has to be made, so when a customer clicks on the preferred time he/she is the only one accessible for that appointment in this small time frame, lets say 2 min. Other thing which would be beneficial for the users would be so called "Customer view". Simple push of the button in the booking calendar view for the administrator that would hide currently booked customer names, so when Client is in the office he/she can choose another available time without seeing other customers names and info. So to say discreet view for customer eyes.

Justin P.

Easy to use anywhere, especially great for a new start up (free option)

Reviewed on 26/05/2018

Pros

The best thing about Setmore is that it is very simplified, to the point, and easy to use anywhere. I have ran into clients at the grocery store, park, etc. and instead of them having to call my office to set up an appointment, I can tell them right then what is available and schedule them. We first found the free version as we were transitioning from paper and pencil scheduling to electronic, and we have found that it is perfect for our needs. You can completely customize your schedule to include as many services as you would like for different lengths of time, prices, etc. You can also add employees and customize other features including colors for services (as they appear on your schedule), office hours, and scheduling intervals. You can add as much or as little contact information about your clients as you would like. Also, I have had to contact customer service 3 times during our use, and they have been GREAT every single time. They have resolved any issue that I have had within 24 hours and were very open with communication, keeping me informed with progress.

Cons

There are a few things that I wish Setmore was a bit better about... Setmore is not really "secure". A medical office, for instance, would probably not be able to use this option for scheduling. The only real "issue" that we've had with using the app (on iOS) is that it does crash upon opening quite frequently. It does open on the 2nd or 3rd try every time, and we have never contacted customer service about this issue because it really hasn't interfered with our productivity.

Tracey G.

Great Online Appointment Scheduler

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

Ease of organizing and reminding customers of appointment. Also loved the mobile app as well!

Pros

I love having a online appointment schedule that I can embed not only on my website but also on our companies Facebook page; allowing customers to book straight from there instead of having to go to our website first. I also love the use of the mobile app. It notifies me of any new appointments or changes and allows me to access customer details and notes on the go. It also sent appointment reminder to my customers which stopped a lot of "no-shows" Great design, both friendly for us to setup and for our customers to use.

Cons

It's a great app for someone with a hair salon or nail salon. We were trying to use it for a landscape installation service and each appointment has different time lengths versus a set time limit so we could only allot for one appointment a day online. If we could've been able to reserve dedicated days versus a customer reserving an 8am slot just to reserve a day then it would've been able to work more efficiently for us. Unfortunately a lot of our customers wouldn't read the details ordering where we told them they were only reserving days and we contact them with a time of appointment. Instead the expected their appointments at 8 am.

Eileen S.
Industry: Events Services

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 01/04/2020

Pros

The ability to set & send automatic notices (to us & the client) of appointments made, appointment reminders, rescheduled appointments, and cancellations is incredibly valuable for our needs. Setmore has taken customer service to another level, in a good way! The "chat" icon is the best! It's like a Setmore customer service rep is hanging out, ready to help. Whereas many company's bombard you with constant emails about everything, Setmore discreetly shares useful tips, new features, and important announcements through the tiny chat icon present on your screen. To help their clients during the COVID-19 crisis, they announced and released FREE tools for social distancing while working. Including a video conferencing tool. All FREE. It doesn't get much better than that!

Cons

It was a little tricky confirming our booking page.

Lisa P.

Great company

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Pros

Easy to use and easy for my clients to use cost is unbelievably Affordable

Cons

I don’t have any bad things to say but I can’t continue to say good things about this company

Roché J.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Brilliant app without having to buy the premium version

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Setmore is a brilliant booking system, it's one of the few free versions that I have used which offers many features without having to upgrade.

The customer support is excellent.

Pros

You can access your diary from any device.
Clients can make their own bookings.
It sends confirmation of bookings.
Saves all of the client info & history.

Cons

You can't create multiple service bookings for a client unless the client books from our bookings page.
You can't create a buffer time per booking instead of per service, this can accumulate when booking multiple services.
The app often doesn't show all the bookings that have been made.
The online version has a tab that says today on the calander but when you change the date it doesn't change from today to 'Tuesday' for example.
You can't type to search for a service when using the online version but you can on the app.
If we decide to open on a certain day during peak season we can't just book that specific day without allowing bookings when we have time off or changing our business hours.
We can't book time off for multiple staff members at once, it needs to be done individually.

Laynah L.
Industry: Medical Practice

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

I have no issues to resolve at this time.

Pros

I had used another program before that I was unable to setup. Setmore was customized to my needs within minutes. It works well on my Ipad, Iphone, website, FaceBook and PC. I can access the dashboard from any of these platform and it is so useful when I travel or book clients from a home show. I am super happy with the service I receive. I have encountered very little issues and when I did, it was to do with me not understanding or finding the answer on my own.

Cons

I am a small business owner and adding all the different app cost, it adds up. Pricing for me is a bit of an issue.

Holger C.

Good balance of Features and Cost

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Overall, Setmore has provided a reasonable calendar for me for several years. There are some features that would be desirable and would make the functions even better, but the calendar provides an acceptable cost-benefit relation.

Pros

Setmore offers a HiPAA compliant calendar format. SMS reminders are customizable and sent out before appointments. Payments can be entered and accepted right from the appointment detail window. Labels can be added to appointments to alert of client status (e., new client, running late, completed, etc). Some reports are possible.

Cons

I cannot select to send emails AND SMS messages for reminders. Payments have to be entered manually (no setup to accept a stripe or chip reader.) List of labels is not editable and custom labels, although possible, need to be re-entered for every occasion. Reports are limited and not customizable.

Domonique H.
Industry: Accounting

Great Software for free.

Reviewed on 21/10/2019

Pros

I love that this software connects with mailchimp and is easy to customize.

Cons

I dont like that you have to pay to connect the calendar with google calendar and the paid version lets you text client reminders where the free version only sends email reminders.

Huw H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Simple and easy to use booking system

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

This helps to reduce staff costs for a small business by allowing our patients to book themselves in online.

Pros

Simple and cost-effective. All our patients love how easy it is to book online. Very rarely does it let you down

Cons

Unable to have different times for different activities/treatments

Kim W.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

It's good overall

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Well, if we didn't have Setmore we could always use Outlook in some form but we wouldn't get the updates part of it that I like.

Pros

It's reliable, it saves automatically. I like that it gives you updates on what people have done to the appointments since I'm not the only one that uses it to book. You can see when an appointment was canceled or confirmed or just running late.

Cons

That when you click any part of the screen even if it's a gray area on your calendar, it thinks you want to enter an appointment when all you want to do is exit from another one. Another think I don't like is that Mondays come first on the calendar on the top of the screen. I wish you could change it to a normal calendar with Sunday first.

Caroline M.
Industry: Consumer Services

I like Setmore

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Pros

Ease of use. Great selection of options within the free version. Meets my needs.

Cons

Premium version seems very expensive. I have looked at it but for me personally cost is prohibitive.

Sarah F.

A good, easy to use program, well-priced, but with a lot of unusual glitches

Reviewed on 02/08/2016

We love the features, we love the pricing...but we find that there are a lot of glitches going on that make our business look unprofessional. As a medical office, its important for us to appear professional...and Setmore has let us down on this front quite a few times.
Asking questions or lodging complaints with the company is tricky, as they're always dodging blame. Its always possible to 'chat' with a consultant, but I think English isn't always their first language, making some communication tricky.
That said, the main part of the program works well...but be prepared for some odd glitches occasionally - like clients sometimes being able to book outside of your booking hours (which they tell me isn't possible...yet its happening), or SMS reminders just not being sent (even if the system says they were). Another time, a client managed to log in as an administrator and somehow set herself up as another practitioner....that was odd too. But according to Setmore, we did that ourselves and she couldn't possibly have done it (they said as they deleted her practitioner profile).
Most of our clients find the Setmore online booking website easy to use, but don't bother trying to set up a lead time for appointments...I don't know why, but even when they changed it from 2 days to 24 hours, it still wouldn't allow clients to have the lead time we wanted (i.e. the amount of time required to book an appointment online so we didn't end up with any surprise appointments).
Also, be prepared to constantly sync your duplicate clients in your database...it is incredibly annoying and time-consuming.
In addition, the recurring appointment feature had to be disabled on our account, as if clients wanted to edit one appointment in a series, we would have to search back to find the original appointment in the recurring series, delete or change that one...and THEN edit every single appointment from then on (it sometimes was weeks or months of edits to be made for one appointment to be changed), so we no longer use that feature.

The widget to link through to our Wix website however is very handy, and they are trialing features such as 'classes' and Stripe payments. We cant comment on how the payments feature functions, as we don't use it.

Pros

Ease of use.
Even technologically-challenged clients do not find it daunting to book online.
Configurations for appointment times, and setting individual practitioner shifts are really flexible.
SMS reminders included in the price - fantastic.
Customised SMS reminders are a wonderful bonus.
Widget to link a booking page to our website is great.

Cons

Glitchy.
Communication...good but challenging.
SMS reminders sometimes don't get sent.
Recurring appointment feature does not work for our business.
Duplicate customers are constantly being created, and syncing them takes time.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

James D.
Industry: Consumer Services

Brilliant System - glad i found it. has taken so much work off me and saved me so much time

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

love it . it taken so much work off me and loads of less stress i used to run 5 diffeent calanders this allowed me to run everything through one system i love it . will be a long term customer 100% so glad i found this system before any other - one of my friends has a different system and his isn't as good as this

Pros

prebooks in advance and gives my customer easy access to book themselfs in direct from my website or facebook page.

it text alerts my customers before a clean is due. allowing cancellations etc

it has easy edit tools and allows me to create edit and change nearly any service or offer i provide

brilliant price

my staff can have their own calander to book in customers and can use this from their own phone

Cons

should have their own payment system linked upto it so my customers can make an advanced payment for my service directly to setmore and they take out a small fee and deposit the rest to my business bank account.

Danita J.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

We Really Enjoy SetMore

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

We truly enjoy using Setmore and having the chat option for help when we need to reach out.

Pros

SetMore helps us have a way to let all of our families know via email and text message when they have an appointment. It also allows us to keep up with those who have missed an appointment for the month.

Cons

Not a con, but we do repeat our customers monthly and it would be nice to be able to click on a customer and print off a monthly sheet of their appointment on a physical calendar.

Nadetie R.

Extremely Helpful

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

I am very happy with Setmore. My experience has been very positive thus far. Customer service is outstanding- very fast response time and extremely helpful agents!

Pros

I love how easy to use and well-organized it is. The free version of the app has an incredible amount of features.

Cons

There are parts of the app that aesthetically could be better- such as the calendar and the booking page when a day has been blocked off. As a visual person, it really helps me if I am able to see my appointments clearly.

Merlin D.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: Self Employed

best software for online booking

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 21/02/2020

so far so good.
i am still experiencing it.
I see the interface on mobile does not show up all options as on desktop from client perspective.

Pros

easy to use and i find most features that I am after

Cons

some boxes seem not to be modified although they are. I guess such boxes should be bold.
for example under class>category. I hovered over the title of my category and clicked on to rename it... nothing happens. It turns out that i have to go on the other side of the title and click on to modify.
that was misleading and indirect to me.

Adham E.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The perfect portable solution for appointment booking

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

Pros

- The ability to customize the services your business offers as well as the price and the duration per each service.
- The fact that it syncs with your smartphone calender with a few clicks to set it up.
- The notification all members on the same account receive when a new appointment is booked/canceled.

Cons

- The developer of this application can extend the functionality of it by adding the ability to customize the field labels of the customers.

- Develop an application for Window 10 interface (Microsoft Store)

- Add the ability to color appointments text based on the service color.

Zachary K.

Almost perfection

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Pros

The insane free tier option, it's packed full of useful information and abilities

Cons

The design feels extremely date, would love to see a facelift across this product, would be more than happy to help do it if needed.

Brenda L.

Overall Good, But has glitches in software that drive me nuts

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

Pros

Appearance is nice and clean. I like that is syncs with my google calendar. Ease of use when performing. All in all I do like this program and have been with them 3 years I think. If they would work on the buggs / glitches better that would be fantastic.

Cons

That every NOW and sometime then there is some software glitch and when you contact support (who are always available, and very nice, but not that savvy) you go round and round until you either figure something out yourself , get told they will contact the developers or you just give up. They are not good at listening or understanding what you are stating it seems.

Darren R.
Industry: Medical Practice

It has everything we needed

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

They have always been great! We love it!!

Pros

Scheduling patients and sending automatic emails at the time of scheduling is fantastic. Every patient with a smart phone is able to click the appointment date and save it into their schedule seamlessly.

Cons

The only thing I don't love about Setmore is on the app with my cellphone. When I'm in the weekly calendar view it tends to want to refresh rather than scroll. I'd rather there be a refresh button so that it would be easier to scroll without refreshing by mistake.

Dra. brenda B.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: Self Employed

More than what I expected!

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 19/04/2020

Excellent!! Of all the Booking apps I reviewed, this was the one I liked the most. In addition to all the tools for dating and accepting payments, mainly by the design; it is very beautiful.

Pros

It is my first experience using an app like this. I really liked being able to integrate the appointment calendar to my business website. Also, I really liked the different options to present or hide the prices. But, best of all was how easy I was able to navigate the Setmore pages. I have been in the application for less than a day and the experience was so good that I acquired the premium product like solopreneur today.

Cons

What I like least is that the customer or prospect can see the words: Morning and Afternoon when they are booking an appointment. During the week (from Monday to Friday), I attend people after 6pm and therefore the words Morning and Afternoon are blank. So I don't really like the appearance.