4.4
4.5
Melva H.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

I find that Fathom is very user friendly and easy to navigate. At they company I work for we have used a few different companies and in my experience Fathom has been the best.

Pros

I love that we can record the calls. In my line of work it is very easy to not catch all the important information on a call. So having the ability to go back and review it has been very beneficial for me. Also being able to save the recording allows for my Consultants to listen to my call before they reach out to the customer for follow ups and meetings. It also is great training tool for new members of the team to be able to hear real calls.

Tracy G.

Fathom Voice

Reviewed on 22/03/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like being able to listen to my voicemails via email and I also like being able to forward my line to any cell phone or other phone.

Cons

That when I listen to my voicemail via email the red light doesn't clear

Blake H.

Good idea, not ready for prime time.

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

I like the idea of the cost vs POTS. I like the flexibility vs PBX systems. However, we have had this system for 14 months and we continue to have trouble with phones resetting causing us to lose our network connection for the associated PC. We have worked and worked and worked with customer service to resolve this problem. Fathom customer service continues to maintain that the problem is on my side in the network. We have done EVERYTHING their tech support has requested and we continue to have phone reset problems. Losing the computer network connection is one thing, losing the telephone connection while on the phone with a customer is more annoying.

I am not turned off of cloud based phone systems, however, I do question Fathom's ability to successfully implement a system remotely.

The feature set is rich. The ability to find/follow is great. Rerouting via the net is also great. So these are all good things of any cloud based system. Just make sure the vendor can handle the technical issues.

Mike M.

We pay for this?

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

Pros: Well, I can dial out.. I can get calls in... The "go fathom voice" web interface is a good attempt at something... it's a decent layout.

Cons: It doesn't always show when someone's on DND or not. It doesn't always update at a reasonable time. I constantly have to refresh my webpage to be sure that it's up to date. I still haven't figured out HOW that when i'm part of a call group, and a call gets transferred to the group, that I can have my phone on DND, and my fathom voice set to "away" and a call come to the Que, and I suddenly have a missed call when I get back to my desk.

Maybe create a desktop app that gives us a lists of the extensions and who's on the phone, and able to use it to actually control the phones as far as setting it to DND. If I set the phone to DND, I shouldn't have to set the web access /app to DND. If I set the webpage, or app, to DND/Not available, I shouldn't have to go do it on the phone as well.

Great Way to Get Voice Mail Messages From Anywhere

Reviewed on 01/09/2015

It is a great service to be delivered office voice mail messages to email so they are easily heard from anywhere you have internet access.

Pros

Very intuitive, fast and reliable.

Sara S.

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

Fabulous product! Highly appreciated in my work place as we have a lot of employees on the road for long periods of time.

One of my favorite features is that voicemails are accessible by email which makes it easy to share with other departments when needed. It's also very easy to understand how to use the different functions available to you.

Jetta V.

Great System, Dummy Proof!

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

I have nothing but pros. This is a great system and its very user friendly. If you can read, you can use this software. Customer support is always fast and friendly!

Freddie D.

Catharine S.

Love the capabilities, and the customer service.

PROS -
BEST customer service. Very responsive, and work to resolve issues. Worked with another company before and had to deal with foreign customer service we were barely able to understand. Often had to sit on the phone for up to 6 or 8 hours before things were resolved.

Love the dashboard where we can see who is on the phone before dialing our team. However, we have to refresh the screen - it is not real time on its own.

CONS -
Not an easy system to learn. It is very complicated. Other system was far easier, but tons and tons of connection issues, and the nightmare of customer service was worth the change. This being said, we have a fairly complicated routing pattern, so for something more straightforward, I'm sure this will be much easier for other companies.

Elizabeth H.
Industry: Legal Services

Fathom Rocks!

Reviewed on 22/03/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the customer support the best. I seem to never stop having questions. They are always so friendly and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes when I am out and about it is inconvenient that I cannot call out from my office phone. This comment is not necessarily targeted at Fathom. I think this would be the same for any company that offers a physical VOIP phone.

Randy S.

Great phone service...great customer service!

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

I have used VoIP phone service since 2010. It cut my regular business phone bill by almost 2/3. Then I heard about Fathom which was an enterprising upstart company here in the Indianapolis area. (I wanted the chance to work with someone locally rather than a toll free helpline in Utah.)

So I made the switch to Fathom about 2 years ago. I've been very happy with both their phone service and their customer service. I'm not very technologically literate so I require a lot of help with navigating the website/dashboard. They've all been very patient with me and they've always solved my problems.

No complaints here; I recommend them to everybody!

Shirley B.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Complete Solution

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

Fathom Voice has been ideal for us, connecting our entire remote-based team seamlessly across multiple states. Having the option of using the soft phone on the computer or a Polycom phone on the desk gives us the flexibility to meet everyone’s needs. Fathom Voice provides the feature-rich functionality and scalability needed for future growth.

Nico P.
Industry: Medical Devices

Best VOIP in the game.

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

Fathom Voice is an awesome company! Not only does their product work, their employees create a culture that makes businesses, like ours, want to work with them. Ashlee Garwood, in particular, is always helpful with an attitude to provide the best customer service at all times. Outstanding representative, outstanding product, and outstanding company.

Tracy S.
Industry: Sports

Accessibility

Reviewed on 28/08/2015

I like fathom because I love being able to access and listen to my voicemail without having to call a 800 number, and enter my password etc before I can get my message. Fathom saves me a lot of valuable time and frustration and I love that.

Rick C.

After 6 months, we're very pleased with Fathom's clear sound, reliable equipment and service.

Reviewed on 30/09/2015

The "pros" are in the summary. The only 'con' is slightly un-intuitive software, resulting in slow customization of the system. That's greatly out-weighed by the system's clarity, portability (love 'follow me') and reliability.

Shirley S.

Very convenient that my voice mail is sent to my email when I am out of the office or traveling.

Reviewed on 24/09/2015

Pros: Ease of access, the length of the voice mail is indicated, and avoiding dialing in to my desk phone. Voice mail can be replayed with greater volume if the caller has a soft voice.

Cons: No particular issues.

Brian L.
Industry: Internet

One stop solution

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

We needed a system that could allow our remote teams to painlessly stay connected while providing core communications functionality. Lots of providers out there with pieces of what we needed, but struggled to find it all in one package that was affordable and actually worked right. Actually didn't get any complaints from the team.

Pros

Easy to use and provided the full suite of functions we needed. Remote access across the country was great. Option to use soft phone on laptop with Polycom phone on desk also great. Automated workflow for agents was superb and our service manager was able to set up, implement, and manage without a lot of training or consulting.

Cons

No real cons to speak of. Would love to see them come out with their own CRM, though the integration with salesforce has been great.

Don G.
Industry: Real Estate

Review from Don at J S Ruiz Realty, Inc.

Reviewed on 28/08/2015

"I like the user friendly way it works. It is no problem for me to push the admin button and set myself up with office phones when it is my day on phones. No need to depend on my office." This means I can be totally independent from needing administrative assistance on weekends when no one is at the office...just the way it should be.

Benjamin M.
Industry: Medical Devices

FATHOM FAN

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

Fathom Voice as VoIP service is far more cost effective than having a regular phone. I found many service providers who offered low rates and excellent service plans, making it difficult to decide on the best one. After meeting with multiple companies I was introduced to Inside Sales Consultant Shelby Weeks. Shelby's overall product/service knowledge and straight forward approach, made me feel like I was speaking with an old friend, not a salesman. My then difficult decision was made easy. Our company now uses what I believe to the best VoIP company in the industry, Fathom Voice. Thank you again for all of your help.

Pros

Fathom Friday's!!!!!

Manis C.
Industry: Financial Services

Great customer service

Reviewed on 27/08/2015

Our company transitioned to Fathom Voice as our service provider when we decided to switch to a VoIP system. It was a very efficient process and we are now able to stay connected when we are out of the office. We have been very pleased with the great support, and prompt service that we always receive. Their entire staff is committed to providing excellent customer service, which makes it enjoyable to work with them. I would highly recommend Fathom Voice, I think they are an outstanding company!

Elizabeth H.
Industry: Legal Services

Fathom is so much more than a Phone Service Option!

Reviewed on 26/08/2015

When I first started my business back in January, a colleague suggested that I sign up for Fathom Voice. At the time I was using Google Voice and could not imagine why I would want to invest in a service when I was getting another for free. You may be wondering the same thing. Let me tell you, it is worth it! Fathom Voice has added an extra level of professionalism to my business which, in my humble opinion, Google Voice, did not offer. I can set limits on when my phone is answered which helps me stick to my boundaries with clients. I want to serve people but have to have time to get the work done that they have retained me to do. Fathom Voice allows you to set up multiple messages if you are away or gone for a week. The phone service has brought my business to the next level. This is more than a phone service though. Why or how? Their customer support staff is amazing and out of this world! I can call with a multitude of questions, which I may have at any given moment and they are quick to respond. They are eager to help! It almost feels as though I have added someone to my team, even though they are not a part of my business. They are incredible and I highly recommend them to anyone looking to add an extra level of professionalism to their business!

Pros

1) I am able to set times (9 a.m. - 6 p.m.) during which my phone will ring
2) I can set up my phone to ring to my cell phone if I am out of the office.
3) The customer support staff is amazing! Shelby Weeks, on the front line, is incredibly patient and knowledgeable. Ryan Wharton and Britton Beaumont, in the technical support department, are always eager to help. In the event that any of these amazing people do not know the answer they are always open to doing research for me.
4) When I get a voicemail, it is sent to me as an attachment to an email. I like this because I can listen to my messages even when I am not in my physical office.

Cons

1) Unlike Google voice that goes everywhere, you cannot take your physical office desk phone everywhere. This is just the nature of having a physical desk phone.
2) Unlike Google voice, Fathom has yet to figure out how to not only receive texts from clients but also send them. At this point, I can receive texts but cannot send them. You can do this with Google Voice. I have shared this concern with the Fathom support team and they are working on it. I am sure that they will find a solution soon!
3) When you get a text message, unlike a voicemail, you do not get an email notification telling you that you have a text. This can be problematic if your clients send you texts. I have told the Fathom Support Team about this and they are working on it! I am sure that they will have a solution soon!

Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A Robust Call Center Platform

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Pros

Sharpen provides a robust platform for taking a sorting calls. In my experience, the program is easily accessible from our case management platform or from a computer application. When taking a call the program displays caller information in an easily accessible manner.

Cons

My department's transition from our previous call software has been rough. Frequently the software's integration with our case management platform fails and information is lost or not transferred correctly.

Elizabeth F.

Main user in our office as receptionist

Reviewed on 25/09/2015

It's nice to work with most of the time. When I check voicemail manually, sometimes the right buttons send me elsewhere in the system if I have already been through 10 messages. I really like the concept of being able to use the company system on a personal phone or through the computer to de-clutter the workspace, though as the receptionist those aren't feasible options for me. I know that there is a lot more capability than I am aware of, but I am impressed with what I have learned so far.

Tony P.