ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4.5 /5 (79 reviews) Write a Review!

Delton D.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

The wonders of Zoomshift

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

My people cannot clock into a shift until they are on site. This encourages them to be there a little early so they can get the full shift on the clock. They must clock out or the shift is considered unfinished. They only get paid for finished work.

Pros

The usability of the product is wonderful. All of my employees are using it and do so with ease.

Cons

I am have an issue with keeping the notifications flowing to the security guards without all of the emails coming to me every time a discussion point is posted. It is probably due to a programming error.

Timothy F.
  • Industry: Veterinary Software

• Customer Support Software

Perfect schedule tool for our team to use to stay on track to meet our business goals.

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Efficiency in scheduling and having information immediately connected to staff is a blessing compared to our previous manual individual set scheduling policy. It has normalized the regular need to adjust start times, stop times and work assignments (You know....Vacation liability, PTO, call outs, unexpected client demands and on and on). We can now focus on providing the excellent client and patient care that we strive to achieve every day with the comfort that we have the proper skilled labor in position to meet that goal. And when we don't we have a much easier time adapting.

Pros

For me it's quick and easy to set up a complex schedule of staff (They have varying skill) that collaboratively work with each other throughout our client/patient experience. Just when you have everyone where you want them something comes up. Problem solving is quick. Everyone sees the entire schedule, real time, on their phone. They proactively help ensure that we are ready to go for future days work. Payroll "time cards" are a breeze. The developers ask for ideas and every once and awhile your idea shows up in an update. They obviously are listening. I look forward to updates and have never lost a feature that I like.

Cons

Technology always finds a way to disappoint you. It's the way of the world. Not much to complain about here. User error is the only problem I have run into and that's on us. The help feature lets you get to the bottom of the problem quickly.

Anne L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Essential Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

Zoomshift has become essential to easily managing our staffing and schedule. With about 90 employees, it's so important to have everyone connected and Zoomshift keeps us all on the same page. The developers are fabulous and absolutely interested in making the program work for us as a client. I can't imagine operating without it!

Pros

Zoomshift makes managing the staff schedule simple and streamlined. It's so easy to communicate with the staff, all resources are in the same place and easily accessible, notifications mean no one misses a shift because they didn't know. Past shifts are all saved and it is simple to compile payroll data. Reports are useful and the user interface is excellent. Any questions or requests for features are addressed promptly and personally by Zoomshift support.

Cons

Our company does not use the time clock because we pay by the day and the program records shifts in hours. But this does not interfere with how easy the program is to use; it's just a feature not necessary for us.

Sean P.

Awesome product

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

Where do I begin? Great value, it has been such a time saver. The employee's love it, they can check their schedule, ask for time off, swap shift or pick-up shifts from their computer or their phones anywhere anytime.

Pros

easy, fast, efficient it is such a time saver, great customer service

Cons

Nothing after I talk to them and they show me how to do their updates

Dylan H.

• Customer Support Software

Eased my management pains and let me get back to my job of running an IT Help Desk.

Reviewed on 19/08/2015

I employ 20 wonderful student employees, all with ever changing schedules, academic work, clubs and social outings. I use to spend five to six hours a week fussing over the Google Calendar schedule, and when anyone tried to drop/trade/or got sick, scheduling took over my entire work day.

Zoomshift changed all of that. I have been a customer for almost three years now and cannot recommend this software enough. Most importantly Zoomshift helps us uphold standards as a work team. There is no longer any doubt that employees know when they work or can check readily. I love Zoomshift because its contribution to my professional life is on par with having hired someone to do my scheduling for me.

Sincerely,

Dylan Houston, MPA
Computer Center Manager
The Evergreen State College

Response from ZoomShift

Dylan,

Thanks for being such a loyal customer. You guys have been with us since the beginning! Your review is making everyone at ZoomShift smile right now :).

Sara C.

Review for Zoomshift

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

For some reason Jenny choose this instead of working with Google Calendar. OK. We are here. It is my understanding that you were helpful to Jenny when she was setting it up.

Pros

I like that it shows the amount of money billed per job per week for an employee.

Cons

I would like our cleaners to be able to adjust their own schedules without having to have manager capabilities and seeing others schedules and pay rates. I don't like that it is hard to use on my phone. Yes I can see my shifts, but it is harder to change things.

Karen R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

One of the biggest benefits is the ability of our team to know their schedule without having to come into work.

Pros

Our employees like the mobile app. We also like the notification services. The ability to look at a schedule while on the move if good as well.

Cons

Cannot think of anything we do not like.

Sarah G.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

It is good for the most part. Really helps keeping hours organized.

Pros

It’s very easy to use, makes it super simple to clock my hours and stay on top of it. Seeing how much I earn everyday.

Cons

I didn’t like that sometimes it doesn’t save right away so you have to refresh before your hours come up - sometimes causing confusion whether I had successfully clocked in or not.

Sean R.

Employee Empowerment Software

Reviewed on 04/11/2015

We started using this program to eliminate the need for a supervisor to manage schedules and time off. Even though we are a small retail shop (6-7 scheduled employees), we use this to execute shift trades and time off. As management, we don't ever want to say NO to anyone who wants/needs time off. This let's the employee take the first step to getting the time off. Now the only time we need to step in is if the shift hasn't been covered and we do that by simply using Zoomshift. Some of the updates have been odd, but the current iteration is fantastic. I look forward to using this product for a long time.

Fulvio Z.

Fulvio Zanette.

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Likes the software visually it is clear. What I don't like is that events that are not complete or even started can not be dragged to the following week . The other issue is adding new sites of customers we have to leave this scheduled screen to install then come back to that screen.

Julia M.

User-Friendly scheduling

Reviewed on 19/08/2015

Zoom shift offers a straightforward venue with easy to-set parameters that make scheduling simple. Vast improvements have been made with the newest version- which was also fine, however this is entirely better. Helpful, fast, and courteous customer service.

Response from ZoomShift

Julia,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the new version. We spent a lot of time working on it and obsessing over little details. It's awesome to hear from our users that they can feel the improvement.

Evie l T.

• Customer Support Software

Use it to schedule our van drivers and who will lock up the facilities as well as the House...

Reviewed on 23/08/2015

Been getting better and better. So glad we no longer need a magnifying glass to look at the printed schedule! Still learning the ins and outs. Is there a training video?

Sorry, I meant to put 3 stars for ease of use. Dumb mouse! :)

Response from ZoomShift

Evie,

Thanks for the review. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the continual improvements. Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions.

Anthony C.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Low Cost, Easy to use

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

Does pretty much 90% of what I want it to do. Staff is very friendly, even willing to make changes to the software based on feedback and requests. Looking forward to future enhancements without losing sight of the simplicity of the platform.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

would like a few more options, I've given the feedback to the team before

Nicholas L.

5 Stars isn't enough stars for the level of customer service i receive

Reviewed on 29/11/2015

in the restaurant industry it's typical to have a lot university students (at least in my area) and with that comes really messy schedules. Zoomshift gave me the ability to take care of my employees without having to stress. All the hassles of scheduling are taken care of through their system. I'm grateful for the extra time i can spend on the million other tasks i need to worry about.

Donald P.

• Customer Support Software

Great software to keep track of changing availability and efficiently create schedules.

Reviewed on 04/11/2015

I would like to be able to send out emails to employees from within Zoomshift. If there is a way to do this, I am unaware of it. Other than that small "con" the software is great! Very easy to use, makes scheduling very easy and lets you work efficiently. Great for the staff as well to be able to get their schedules and put in requests for time off or trade shifts.

Rebecca M.

• Customer Support Software

I liked the earlier versions of zoomshift more. I have been using zoomshift for 3 years

The pros:
-quick and easy platform for communication
-accesible to everyone

The cons:
-constantly crashing and loses communication with the server
-much more confusing to drop/pick up shifts
-frustrating when helpful features were available, then erased, then returned

Response from ZoomShift

Rebecca,

Sorry to hear that you liked the old version of ZoomShift more. In an effort to continually make the software more useful we have added new features and redesigned the application a few times. I will reach out to you to chat more about what we can do better.

Nate H.

• Customer Support Software

Product is very easy to use

Reviewed on 17/10/2016

We have been using this product for about 2 months and it has been very easy to use. Once some additional features are added the product will be rock solid.

Jason H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

BB Bridgewater Review

Reviewed on 30/09/2016

This is an excellent product for a great value, and we plan to stick with it for the foreseeable future. We did no fill out the customer support section b/c we have not needed it - which inherently makes this product 5 stars.

Pros

Ease of use, cloud based, good value

Cons

None at this time

Diana A.

Decent

Reviewed on 19/11/2015

It's good. Not as user friendly as I had imagined, but it works.

Joe K.

• Customer Support Software

Great software and outstanding customer serverice

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

great for managers and employees

Melanie M.

Understandable

Reviewed on 08/09/2015

Waiting for the app

Thea H.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Great for Small Business Scheduling

Reviewed on 26/08/2018

Pros

I run a small business, 3 employees, so a traditional time clock is insane overkill, but I needed something for employees to clock in and out, view their schedules, and make requests. Zoomshift has work really well for us - we have had them for 3 years and I have never questioned about getting rid of the program. Its nice for scheduling on my end, but also notifies the employees of new shifts and shift reminders. Also, if can be app based that my employees just use their phones to clock in and out which can be helpful. Plus there is a GPS feature so employees cannot clock in with their phones if they are not at work - which has helped with a few teen employees in the past. I think for the price it provides great features and has been extremely helpful.

Cons

I do wish that when you achieve an employee that their shift information from the past stayed on reports. It wouldn't be the end of the world if when you were archiving them you could download their shift history, which you can, but its limited to 3 months (?). With my last employee that left, I had to spend 20 minutes trying to download his shift history just in case I need it down the road for reporting.

David S.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Solid Scheduling Software of the 21st Century

Reviewed on 08/01/2017

Right off the bat, let me say that I absolutely love this software!
Clock in from your phone? Check!
Copy schedule templates by week to save time? Check!
Assign new positions, locations, and employees on the fly? CHECK!
With a feature-rich program that lets you create schedules, approve and review timesheets, and print reports of wages and earnings, there's no management question that ZoomShift can't answer.
And if a question or two happens to slip by, rest assured that ZoomShift offers one of the best customer support services I've ever experienced. Just click a bubble on the corner of your screen and a chat bubble pops up, and within moments the team at ZoomShift will shoot back a response to solve any problem you may encounter.
It's like instant messaging your best friend in IT.
And the 'low cost' to 'feature-rich application' ratio is INCREDIBLY imbalanced in favor of the user. For only a few dollars per employee, gain over 20 different tools and utilizations to help you track time, initiate group discussions, drag and drop employee timeslots, filter by store or employee, it's an all-around MUST for anyone maintaining a business, and a clock-in system setup on your computer or tablet only adds more sweetness in the icing on the cake.
It seems like I'm rambling, but there really IS this much to talk about when it comes to ZoomShift. And I swear by my life that I'm not paid or sponsored by ZoomShift at all.
These guys deserve some credit for listening to the people that want a complete scheduling workstation.
Gone are the days of mentally draining timeslot puzzle solving chores.

ZoomShift has clocked in.

Pros

Easy interface, dozens of helpful tools, color coding and drag/dropping, mobile and web interface

Cons

Limited color options for positions, Billing liaison cannot be messaged directly by employees

• Industry: Entertainment

Excellent for our escape room business

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Pros

When we went from one employee to three, I was looking for an easy and scalable tool that would continue to work for us as we grew. Zoomshift offers exactly what we needed! My favorite features are the Google Calendar integration option, the ability to set shift preferences, and the ease of time off requests. This has been a huge timesaver for me.

Cons

I haven't run into anything I dislike so far.

Kevin Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

zoomshift review

Reviewed on 15/08/2016

So far, Zoomshift has had most of what we as a small restaurant group of five different distinct concepts needs. However, there are still a lot of issues with one manager's actions bleeding over and affecting the other restaurants. Customer service has been prompt and helpful most of the time, and it does feel like our suggestions are being taken seriously. I'd still love to see much better siloing and more robust walls between restaurants. I'd like to be able to see only when there is a conflict with employees who work at more than one location, and have the rest of all the information be separated. The filters are useful, but it would be better if there was more separation between locations.

Pros

Love the ease of use, and I love the support

Cons

Everything from all the restaurants tends to get lumped together. We'd really like to have more control over which managers see which employees, etc. Swaps also are very unnecessarily confusing.

Response from ZoomShift

Kevin,

Thanks for the review and feedback!

It sounds like you are using locations to separate your various restaurants. Have you tried creating separate schedules? This will allow each restaurant to have it's own schedule and will prevent any crossover. Just ping us on support and we can help you get this setup.

-Ben