ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4.5 /5 (79 reviews) Write a Review!
4.2
4.4
Alissa W.

ZoomShift, great free option

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

Overall, it's great and I would recommend it to others. We will continue to use ZoomShift for our needs.

Pros

This software has a lot of pros. First, it's very easy to add staff, to make schedules, and do copy schedules to following pages. The fact it has an app is a huge advantage. Also, the summary of the hours each work is really important for us because we have caps of how much we can schedule each employee. Also, the notes are great!

Cons

I wish I could mark events on days without it being in the schedule. Like an alert that says "Event until 10 am" over that specific day. Now I have to leave the notes in each employees shift and then when I copy it, delete every note.

Eliana Y.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Software keeps improving

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

My scheduling needs as an employee have pretty much gone without a hitch. However from a management standpoint I can see there can be continual improvements-- each shift at my workplace has several components and if these could be able to be shuffled/assigned more quickly and easily, I think we would be able to maximize our time management.

Pros

The people in charge of UX/UI definitely seem interested in creating the best version of the product. It seems like features are constantly being tweaked and updated to be more seamless and more user friendly.

Cons

The load time should be faster and available offline (even with a disclaimer of time last updated).

Eugene R.

Keeping it real

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Great software with great people, always taking care of the after sales purchase.

Pros

I really liked that when I downloaded it, the developers asked if I needed help setting it up. Customer service is at the forefront of this company. They even take recommendation about how to better or change there program.

Cons

This issue is fix now, but losing employee data once the employee was gone.

Shannon M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

Zoomshift came into my life when I was totally overwhelmed with making and maintaining a schedule for my employees. Staff was submitting request off's and preferred work days, etc. and it got really hard to manage on a simple spreadsheet. I knew there had to be a more efficient way of doing this and another small business in town connected me with Zoomshift. I haven't looked back since!

Pros

Ease of Use ... even with changes and upgrades to the interface, it takes only a matter of minutes to figure out the best way to navigate Zoomshift. It's very intuitive, which I appreciate greatly in any sot of database that I use on a regular basis.
I also love the customer service! We started with Zoomshift when it was relatively new and the service hasn't changed much since then. It seems like they've added people to the team so I speak directly to the owners less, but everyone has been wonderful to work with!

Cons

The price. It's totally reasonable for what we get and I don't question the value, but there are certainly less expensive ways we could be doing our scheduling. We also don't use all the features Zoomshift offers so that changes the perceived value a bit for me.

Brenda B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Dependable & Cost Effective Scheduling

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

It is an "out of sight, out of mind" app that helps us take care of business. It allows all staff and management to be on the same page for scheduling.

Pros

It does what we need it to do. It's cost effective, dependable & easy to use. It continues to evolve with features that we didn't even know we needed.

Cons

Slight learning curve at the beginning, very slight.

Jessica G.

A Less Crazy-Making Way of Scheduling

Reviewed on 09/08/2016

It's easier to schedule on this than on paper because it has movable parts. Still it can be confusing and I am unhappy that there is no way to call and talk with someone. Emails back and forth are cumbersome when you're trying to fix something in the moment.

Pros

Movable parts..I can move my employees around quickly. The clean look it has when I print out the schedule and the various ways of looking at the week are helpful.

Cons

Lack of live customer support to help when I'm having a difficulty.

Linley M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Zoomshift review

Reviewed on 22/01/2017

As we are a small business we did not want an expensive scheduling system and this was perfect as you pay per user. In saying that it is also easier to use than some of the more expensive systems I tried. Customer support is very quick at responding to any questions I have.

Pros

Cons

I would like to print a few weeks at a time without having to export each week (and be in week view, not month view, still)

Julia H.

YWCA Review

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

Great customer support. All of my questions have been answered! There are a few functions I wish it had but overall it has helped me to be more efficient when scheduling my staff. My staff love the feature of the app and being able to get alerts on their phones.

Pros

The app, it adds up my hours, it is color coded, pretty easy user-friendly.

Cons

I wish it had a way to set hour limits for each individual staff.

Robert A.

This App works Great and support for it is great!

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Pros

I can track better my people in the field and at the same time I can see what it is costing. It also helps keep my people in line.

Cons

As the owner, I cant see the full schedule at in one screen on the App. I need to be on the computer and website to see that in full.

David W.

My employees love it!

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

I'm currently using this software for over 60 employees. It's incredibly user-friendly. I probably spend about 1-2 minutes explaining how the app works and my employees pick up on it right away. In addition to being a great app, the creators of the app are wonderful. They're very quick to respond if you have any questions or need any help. They're also very receptive to feedback.

The versatility of this app is great and I think it works for a wide range of business models. I highly recommend using it!

Alex U.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 26/01/2016

I'll tell you why.
I've been running a small business with 4+ employees for the last 3 years and scheduling labor had always been a huge task. I had no idea this type of software was available.

With this software I'm able to bring my labor cost down, organize employees and use less time planning employees scheduling.

Over all, this service is awesome. The user interface is clean and simple to use. The pricing doesn't hurt and customer support is on point.

Geri D.

This has been a time saver for me, Zoomshift is really the best scheduling software I have...

Reviewed on 26/03/2016

The pros are the ease of scheduling employees, and the feature to have employees give their availability. The con's are the shift swap is not easy to use, unless we are not looking further into it. Overall it is a great program. Thank you!

Mirela D.

Very simple to schedule my associates

Reviewed on 19/08/2015

Simple because it lets you pre-set times
Takes me a fraction of the time to make a whole week schedule

Response from ZoomShift

Mirela,

Thanks for the review! You summed up our mission in just a few words.

Kristea C.

Excellent Tool

Reviewed on 08/09/2015

This app is very user friendly and extremely helpful! I tried creating a schedule in a spreadsheet and let's just say, it took me triple the amount of time it takes in Zoomshift. Very grateful for this tool!

Rhiannon E.

Amazing

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

Such a great program, that makes scheduling a breeze

Response from ZoomShift

Rhiannon,

Thanks for the review! As always, don't hesitate to share any feedback or comments with us.

Thanks,
Ben Bartling
Co-Founder

Anslee B.

The program has served a purpose.

Reviewed on 02/01/2016

The main problem with zoomshift is the inability to choose a specific date/day in a week to change your availability as an employee. If one chooses a day to note about schedule, it changes every date in the future. This is frustrating as an employee.

Response from ZoomShift

Anslee,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! It sounds like you are looking for a feature like Time Offs. I'm going to message you through the app so we can chat.

Thanks,
Co-Founder

John E.

Super easy to set schedules and keep up with employee information

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Ease of employee management and weekly schedule creation.

Pros

It has an easy to use app for manager and employee control. Ability to set templates for weekly shifts. Easy to set multiple levels of employee control.

Cons

It would be very helpful if I could let a schedule for shifts to be released. Also I would like to be able to open shifts or create new ones from my App instead of my laptop.

Steve H.

ZoomShift Helps Make Drama Kids Rock

Reviewed on 18/02/2019

We operate an after-school drama program and teach 50+ classes in 40+ elementary schools each week with a part-time staff of 20 teachers. Different class start times, snow days, teacher conference days with no classes and holidays make scheduling our employees a challenge! We began using ZoomShift almost 3 years ago when we started out with just 3 teachers and 5 elementary schools. We know as we grew that scheduling from a spreadsheet would become a nightmare and we needed a tool that would make it simple from the start. ZoomShift was that tool! Our workforce is remote so clocking-in at their assigned location helps us keep track that our teachers are where they are supposed to be!

Pros

ZoomShift is easy to use and helps is ensure we have coverage each week for all our classes. The mobile application is great and easy for our staff to use. Clocking in and out on the mobile app makes it easy to keep track of our staff. Pulling payroll hours each week is a breeze.

Cons

We did use the Discussions feature in the beginning, but then we opted for a more robust communication tool and no longer use this feature.

Nicholas W.

I really like the scheduling software a ton. It makes my life easier.

Reviewed on 19/08/2015

The pros: 1. Super simple to use. 2. Great customer service. 3. Quick to fix & make it right. 4. Always finding easier ways to schedule and work for the employees.

The cons: 1. Sometimes the schedule prints out to small. 2. The software will change a ton almost to much at some point it can stay if it works for everyone.

Response from ZoomShift

Nicholas,

Thanks for your review and honest feedback!

I understand your pain with the schedule printing out too small. We are working on adding a way for users to change the size of the print view. This should help make the print outs work no matter the size of your schedule.

Also, as one of the guys who works on the code for ZoomShift everyday, I will admit that it has changed a ton over the past couple years. We are always trying to make the product better and this has resulted in some drastic changes. This has been our approach to figuring out what works best for our customers. The company and product are now more mature and major product changes are unlikely in the future. We will always be adding new features, but hopefully nothing that doesn't make you smile :).

Carolina P.

Easy Scheduling

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Pros

I love how easy it is to set my team's schedule. Our staff also gets notifications of changes and make time-off requests with ease. It is also affordable.

Cons

Nothing. It is perfect for what I need.

Rafal Z.

Good so far but could have a few improvements

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

Zoomshift has worked great for us thus far even though we are using it in a different industry than its intended for. We managed to adjust the features in a way that they seem to work quite well. So far the biggest issue we have is NOT being able to drag shifts from week to week. The monthly view would be great if we could move shifts to another week which happens often in our industry. Another small thing that would be a great feature is the ability to sort locations alphabetically. Besides those 2 things everything has been working quite well.

Chai yin O.

satisfy user

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

easy to use and view. would be helpful if the client is allow to pick the features needed than choosing from the few fixed packages. Bit pricey when the number grow bigger especially for oversea client like me.

Pros

easy to use and view

Cons

pricey.

Amy J.

Department Chair

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

perfect, excellent, couldn't ask for better... colossal time saver, stupid easy to use...and we're not even using it the way they planned for us to use it...we've morphed it to our own devices and it's brilliant!

Jenice J.

Reviewed on 19/08/2015

Zoom Shift has made scheduling a breeze.

Response from ZoomShift

Jenice,

Thanks for your review. I think your comment may have been our slogan early on..."making scheduling a breeze." Glad that you feel that way!

Sarah F.

ZoomShift has been a big help!

Reviewed on 23/12/2016

I like the majority of how ZoomShift operates. I wish, however, the Time Offs were able to be listed differently and make more sense in how it is shown. Otherwise, pretty good overall!