ZoomShift

Scheduling software for hourly employees.

4.6/5

87 Software options

Lauren S.

Glitches

Reviewed on 20/08/2015

The new functionality is great but I constantly get the "Whoops! Something went wrong" error every time I login, and every time I load a shift template it says that some didn't get loaded. I'm constantly refreshing the website. My team has had troubles dropping and picking up shifts which seems to be better in this past release.

Overall we like it but the glitches and error messages are very high and frequent.

Response from ZoomShift

Lauren,

Thanks for your honest feedback. I'm looking into your account right now and the errors that you have mentioned. It sounds like this may be a browser issue that we can get fixed for you. I'm sending you a personal message as well.

Co-Founder @ ZoomShift

Michael T.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

• Customer Support Software

Love this schedule, but they have room to grow.

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Great customer service and support. Overall intuitive use. My team enjoys the clarity of roles. Pretty happy with the platform aside from some specific technical issues.

Pros

Scheduling is made super easy, mostly intuitive to use, schedules can be copied over to payroll, and everyone at multiple sites stays coordinated. Also the support team is very quick to resolve issues.

Cons

The scheduler copies over the schedule to payroll without copying the breaks. This creates two sets of numbers. Because of their willingness to support their users, I hope/believe that this issue will be fixed.

Alex K.

• Customer Support Software

The BEST scheduling software I have ever used!

Reviewed on 02/07/2016

I have been using ZOOM-SHIFT for about 6 months now and I have saved so much time in making staff's time sheet. It is so easy to use and I always get a prompt answer on questions I have asked. The customer is excellent and I would really recommend for small businesses.

Pros

With Zoomshift, You can save so much time planning and making employees schedules. You can make many adjustments such as changing employees working hours or working days and its hourly pay. Last minute change is available as you can simply click employee shift and make an adjustment.
Also, it gives you a good picture of how much you are spending on your payroll and how much you are paying to each employee weekly. The print/export function also allows you to convert your schedule to pdf file which you can print and give it to your employees.
"copy and paste" identical shift function also allows you to save so much time making employee schedule.

Cons

This is not really a con but is there a way to bring staff's schedule which is few weeks back? I know I can copy previous weeks schedule but I don't know yet if I can copy a schedule which is more than a week ago.

Laurie M.

• Customer Support Software

Love this program. It is easy to use and the customer service is fantastic!

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

We use Zoomshift seasonal for a public swimming pool. We have over 50 employees. Zoomshift lets us put requested days off in and lifeguards can swap shifts with ease. We love this program.

Cons

Zoomshift lets you categorize by position. I would like if I could put names in alphabetical order.

Chiharu G.

• Customer Support Software

Easy and accessible tool for both employees and employer to help manage scheduling and payroll.

Reviewed on 01/04/2016

Zoom shift is a flexible and accessible tool for employees to be able to change their schedule to fit their needs. It's easy to make last minute changes to schedules, adjust employee hours while simultaneously being able to keep track on how much your spending on payroll. They offer exporting tools that are convenient for accounting. Overall i'm very satisfied with the product. The customer service is great, always friendly and checking up answering question and offering tips. It's very affordable for everything that it offers. It's a very user friendly tool that is easy to use for both employees and management. It has taken out all the hassle of scheduling!

Paul M.

Only about 3 months

Reviewed on 09/01/2016

Pros:
many different views to see the schedule; instant changes so saving isn't necessary if forgotten; discussions options is helpful
Cons:
cannot copy and paste shifts for identical shifts (that I know of); cannot copy portions of schedules onto future schedules

Response from ZoomShift

Paul,

Thanks for the review! You actually can copy and paste shifts, and also copy portions of a schedule from week to week. I will send you a message through the app explaining how to do this.

Co-Founder

Shelley C.

Saving time!

Reviewed on 05/06/2016

I was searching for a scheduling application for my small business and came across zoomshift, it has helped me to engage my mostly volunteer workforce in the scheduling process in a way that has saved me loads of time and stress. I have appreciated the prompt customer service and ease of use of the application. We have been using zoom shift for two months and are still learning the ins and out of it all, but would recommend it to other small businesses.

Katie W.

• Customer Support Software

Great service and easy to use.

Reviewed on 19/08/2015

The Zoomshift staff has always been there to answer any question that I may have. Their system is easy to use and streamlined for all of my staff members, regardless of their technological knowledge.

Response from ZoomShift

Katie,

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We take pride in our level of customer support, and I'm glad to hear that this is one of the things you like about ZoomShift. We are always around to chat :).

Co-Founder @ ZoomShift

Cindy M.

ZoomShift is great!

Reviewed on 08/09/2015

I have been using Zoom Shift for awhile at my Ortho office. It very user friendly. We have recently gone through a new version and was very easy to adapt to. The only thing we have experienced on the new version at times when we try to get on is a pop up that says whoops try again later etc... that didn't happen before. It has made scheduling a lot better for me. Yes I would recommend your product to others.

Jose S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

VERY USEFUL FOR THE ORGANIZATION OF EMPLOYEES, AND NOTIFICATIONS

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

AFTER ORGANIZING THE OFFICE THROUGH ZOOMSHIFT, REMINDERS ARE VERY USEFUL TO ALERT THE EMPLOYEE

Pros

THE PRICE IS VERY CHEAP AND EASY TO IMPLEMENT

Cons

I NEED A FASTER SUPPORT, IT IS NECESSARY TO ADD MORE TRANSLATION LANGUAGES

Edward O.

• Customer Support Software

Great for managing large numbers of part time staff

Reviewed on 02/09/2015

We moved to ZoomShift from a paper based version to help inform 10-15 staff. It gave us the ability to inform all members of staff easily and gave them the ability to check their shifts without having to refer back to the shop. ZoomShift has improved with each update and they are always improving and adding to the system to make it easier to complete time consuming jobs.

Jackie S.

We love it!!

Reviewed on 27/12/2015

I LOVE ZoomShift! I have researched and tried many other scheduling programs and ZoomShift is by far the best. It is easy to use and all of my employees love it. It is completely reliable which has been a problem for us with other programs in the past. It also has made scheduling much easier and quicker. We absolutely love it and I have nothing bad to say about it!

Victor L.

Great tool for Business

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

ZoomShift is great. It helps the organization of my business. Easy to use as well. I think they should add something in there for revenue

Jackie K.

• Customer Support Software

Too many changes in a short amount of time

Reviewed on 09/09/2015

At first I loved Zoomshift, but as a small buisness owner who wears many hats, it changes too much and I don't have time for the "learning curve." I'm thinking about just doing the schedules the old school way, by hand :(

Alissa W.

ZoomShift, great free option

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

Overall, it's great and I would recommend it to others. We will continue to use ZoomShift for our needs.

Pros

This software has a lot of pros. First, it's very easy to add staff, to make schedules, and do copy schedules to following pages. The fact it has an app is a huge advantage. Also, the summary of the hours each work is really important for us because we have caps of how much we can schedule each employee. Also, the notes are great!

Cons

I wish I could mark events on days without it being in the schedule. Like an alert that says "Event until 10 am" over that specific day. Now I have to leave the notes in each employees shift and then when I copy it, delete every note.

Eliana Y.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Software keeps improving

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

My scheduling needs as an employee have pretty much gone without a hitch. However from a management standpoint I can see there can be continual improvements-- each shift at my workplace has several components and if these could be able to be shuffled/assigned more quickly and easily, I think we would be able to maximize our time management.

Pros

The people in charge of UX/UI definitely seem interested in creating the best version of the product. It seems like features are constantly being tweaked and updated to be more seamless and more user friendly.

Cons

The load time should be faster and available offline (even with a disclaimer of time last updated).

Shannon M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

Zoomshift came into my life when I was totally overwhelmed with making and maintaining a schedule for my employees. Staff was submitting request off's and preferred work days, etc. and it got really hard to manage on a simple spreadsheet. I knew there had to be a more efficient way of doing this and another small business in town connected me with Zoomshift. I haven't looked back since!

Pros

Ease of Use ... even with changes and upgrades to the interface, it takes only a matter of minutes to figure out the best way to navigate Zoomshift. It's very intuitive, which I appreciate greatly in any sot of database that I use on a regular basis.
I also love the customer service! We started with Zoomshift when it was relatively new and the service hasn't changed much since then. It seems like they've added people to the team so I speak directly to the owners less, but everyone has been wonderful to work with!

Cons

The price. It's totally reasonable for what we get and I don't question the value, but there are certainly less expensive ways we could be doing our scheduling. We also don't use all the features Zoomshift offers so that changes the perceived value a bit for me.

Eugene R.

Keeping it real

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Great software with great people, always taking care of the after sales purchase.

Pros

I really liked that when I downloaded it, the developers asked if I needed help setting it up. Customer service is at the forefront of this company. They even take recommendation about how to better or change there program.

Cons

This issue is fix now, but losing employee data once the employee was gone.

Brenda B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Dependable & Cost Effective Scheduling

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

It is an "out of sight, out of mind" app that helps us take care of business. It allows all staff and management to be on the same page for scheduling.

Pros

It does what we need it to do. It's cost effective, dependable & easy to use. It continues to evolve with features that we didn't even know we needed.

Cons

Slight learning curve at the beginning, very slight.

Jessica G.

A Less Crazy-Making Way of Scheduling

Reviewed on 09/08/2016

It's easier to schedule on this than on paper because it has movable parts. Still it can be confusing and I am unhappy that there is no way to call and talk with someone. Emails back and forth are cumbersome when you're trying to fix something in the moment.

Pros

Movable parts..I can move my employees around quickly. The clean look it has when I print out the schedule and the various ways of looking at the week are helpful.

Cons

Lack of live customer support to help when I'm having a difficulty.

Linley M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Zoomshift review

Reviewed on 22/01/2017

As we are a small business we did not want an expensive scheduling system and this was perfect as you pay per user. In saying that it is also easier to use than some of the more expensive systems I tried. Customer support is very quick at responding to any questions I have.

Pros

Cons

I would like to print a few weeks at a time without having to export each week (and be in week view, not month view, still)

Julia H.

YWCA Review

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

Great customer support. All of my questions have been answered! There are a few functions I wish it had but overall it has helped me to be more efficient when scheduling my staff. My staff love the feature of the app and being able to get alerts on their phones.

Pros

The app, it adds up my hours, it is color coded, pretty easy user-friendly.

Cons

I wish it had a way to set hour limits for each individual staff.

Robert A.

• Customer Support Software

This App works Great and support for it is great!

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Pros

I can track better my people in the field and at the same time I can see what it is costing. It also helps keep my people in line.

Cons

As the owner, I cant see the full schedule at in one screen on the App. I need to be on the computer and website to see that in full.

David W.

My employees love it!

Reviewed on 16/12/2016

I'm currently using this software for over 60 employees. It's incredibly user-friendly. I probably spend about 1-2 minutes explaining how the app works and my employees pick up on it right away. In addition to being a great app, the creators of the app are wonderful. They're very quick to respond if you have any questions or need any help. They're also very receptive to feedback.

The versatility of this app is great and I think it works for a wide range of business models. I highly recommend using it!

Alex U.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 26/01/2016

I'll tell you why.
I've been running a small business with 4+ employees for the last 3 years and scheduling labor had always been a huge task. I had no idea this type of software was available.

With this software I'm able to bring my labor cost down, organize employees and use less time planning employees scheduling.

Over all, this service is awesome. The user interface is clean and simple to use. The pricing doesn't hurt and customer support is on point.