Great, but not perfect

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Overall Outreach is a great tool for scaling out productivity but it seems to lack features in being able to automate follow ups on a one-off basis. You can schedule one email for further out but will have to actively remind yourself to continue following up which reduces the value automation can provide to a sales professional.

Pros

Outreach is a fantastic tool that enables me and my colleagues to be much more productive in our sales outreach. It's great to be able to schedule emails in advance and even put prospects into sequences for more extended outreach efforts (no pun intended) without the need to actively manage and pay attention to them.

It's also great at helping keep me organized in terms of tasks I need to follow up on like calls.

They're ability to track email opens and clicks is also extremely valuable in identifying which prospects are engaging most with the material I send over.

Outreach also has some other analytics that seem somewhat helpful as well, though haven't dug too much into these or really leveraged them to great extent for our team.

Cons

There are some features that leave me wanting though. There are instances where I'd like to add just a slight bit of personalization for a very select few members of a sequenced group but in order to do that, I either need to have a reminder to catch that scheduled email right before it sends out (which defeats the purpose of the automation) or create an entirely new sequence just for 1 or 2 people which can really bog up my sequence view.

Cheaper solutions like Yesware are able to allow for automated one-off sequences or email chains with a log built in to stop following emails if there's a response. Seems like it should be a fairly straight forward functionality but it's noticeably lacking in this platform.

Lauren W.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Outreach is my favorite sales tool

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

I am a big fan of Outreach. I think all Sales, Marketing & Sales Development teams should use it. Automation is the future!

Pros

I love the ease of use. I work with many people new to sales, new to our industry and they fall in love with outreach. It automates our sales strategy. It helps us follow a cadence or campaign on emailing, calling, sending a LinkedIn message, etc. Without it, we would struggle to follow up with our clients.

Cons

There are some small things that I don't like with Outreach. Things get stuck in failed & pending states and you are not notified... These are usually found too late as well. Wish there was more of an aggressive notification when things happen that we should be aware of. Also - I would love for them to build out their interface better for closing roles and marketing roles. We have it for our SDRs but would struggle to have marketing and account executives use the tool at the same time.

'rowdie' mitch G.

• Customer Support Software

Terrible customer service. Great product.

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

I really enjoyed the software, what a great product. My first salesman was amazing, but as they scaled, we became a small account to them and really got treated like it. Stay away if you are looking for a great vendor experience, but if you are looking for a great product with great automation tools and email sequences... Outreach was the best we could find.

Pros

Wow, its an amazing product. I really enjoyed using it and it did win me alot of business. Alot of automated tasks which was amazing. Also their email management and manager permissions was incredible. Overall really simplified my teams day.

Cons

If you are a small company... expect to be treated terribly. We got random bills, and NO response from billing or their cusotmer support. You would get the runaround all day long. Seriously terrible experience even caused one of my employees to lose morale which isn't ultimately all Outreachs fault, I will take some accountability... but she wasn't getting her job done and couldln't get replies from Outreach. She was the manager supposed to control how many seats we had and manage costs... With an unresponsive team and random invoices with no explaination it became discouraging.

I would highly recommend using the product if their sales team was ethical and their support would RESPOND. We got way overbilled and cancelling the account was even a hassle.

The Best Productivity/Follow-up Tool

Reviewed on 26/07/2020

I think if your in a fast paced organisation that need to follow-up with a large amount of leads, it will help automate and save your employees a lot of time.

Pros

The best feature of the tool is that it saves the most important resource in our world - 'TIME', especially in the sales function an important part of the job is to follow-up with potential prospects/leads.

Outreach help me focus on what matters the most (being productive) and focus less on simple tasks such as follow-up emails, logging tasks. Just creat a sequence, use the custom tabs if need be) and then emails go out periodically (you can decide the schedule and content). JUST LOVE IT

Cons

I think the app is very flexible, there are so many features and depending on your organisation you might have some features restricted. I would recommend reading their blogs (there are quite a few functionalities and features that you might want to use but never realize they were already there)

Erika m. B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Outreach Review

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

I like the software, just wish I had the ability in my organization to skip tasks when necessary, create more custom messages, or have the ability to do more of an email only sequence occasionally.

Pros

I like that this software makes it easy to reach out to prospects of any industry in a timely manner. You can put prospects in email sequences, set future tasks for prospects that you want to reach out to later, send one off emails/bulk compose emails with customization of their names or accounts for example, and even make calls to the prospects directly from the application.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of small bugs in the software that prevent you from calling the prospects occasionally and the sound quality of the calls sometimes is a little hit or miss depending on the day. In my organization sometimes getting the prospects in sync with salesforce can be a hassle to get credit for the call that you just made if you have metrics. Also having this tool controlled by corporate limits the ability of customization in the sequences, emails sent out don't always work as well as ones that are customizable.

Jill S.

Powerful sales automation tool

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

There are so many benefits, Seeing how many times prospects open your emails and having a call task automatically populate based on that. A/B testing with emails and subject lines. Outreach lets you get as manual or as automated as you want in your sequences letting you spend more time on warm leads while not totally neglecting the cold ones.

Pros

It's very easy to use and doesn't take a lot of training to get up and running. Really helps to make sure certain prospects don't slip through the cracks. It integrates really well with the other systems we have and makes it really easy to stay organized. They are always adding new features and listen to feedback.

Cons

If you go on vacation or have a holiday, it's a little annoying to go through and pause each individual sequence but they do have some content available on how to do it as easily as possible. There's not much I dislike. I've used several sales automation softwares and this one is by far my favorite.

Chase H.

• Customer Support Software

Outreach has flipped the table

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

First off, it's incredibly easy to figure out. I'm tech savvy but not many tools are as easy to figure out as Outreach. My previous sales positions were very hard work - lot's of manual work like sending emails, cold calling from lists, manual note taking and cadence tracking. Needless to say, my mind was a bit scrambled when the new boss at my current company started explaining what this platform would do for me (hint, nearly everything). As with any workflow change, it does take some getting used to, but all of the changes are positive. I haven't done the math but this platform has given back so much time in my day and allows me to focus on more meaningful tasks instead of mindlessly sending out templated emails and keeping meticulous manual records of all the calls I make. For those who have read this far, I'm sure you get the point. At the very least go schedule a demo so you can see for yourself, this platform has so much value!

Pros

How easy to use it is! This platform is reinventing the wheel but has created an incredible user interface and design that lets you hit the ground running.

Cons

Nothing about the platform is sub-par or oversold, but I would really benefit from having some sort of mobile app.

• Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A definitely recommended have software for any company with outbound sales

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

It is a very essential sales engagement software. The interface is very intuitive so it takes new reps typically less than an hour to get up and running. However to make the most efficient use of the software, training along with well defined goals is an absolute must. Depending upon how well you use this software you can definitely see the payouts coming through. The customer support team is phenomenal.
So this is your software if you are looking for just a sales engagement tool and you have reps who are willing to make the most out of it. Every companies' use case is different , but there is no harm is giving this a try.
Cannot replace sfdc, but goes very well with SFDC.

Pros

The interface is crisp and clean and very welcoming.
Making calls in this platform is a breeze, and a very enjoyable experience.
Very easy to send emails and log calls.
Wonderful and knowledgeable CS team.
Very well designed software which presents calls, opportunities, engagements and so on in one neat UI.

Cons

When the software first loads up, it might appear that there is a lag or hang up but that is just the design we have come to realize.
Too many options are available in terms of what can be done or used, so new users can often get lost in this software engineering beauty!
There is still scope for more automation.
Under the calls tab, there is no way to search for a call via phone number.
Very hard to differentiate between Salesloft and outreach. Both have strikingly similar designs.

Paige E.

Outreach is the Sales Development Dream

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

I have used 4 other sales engagement platforms in my career and I will never use anything but Outreach again. It has incredible integrations with Salesforce, Drift, and Linkedin Navigator and ultimately helps good BDRs be great.

Pros

Outreach is by far the best sales engagement platform on the market. It helps to automate all tasks and outreach activities by BDRs so they can spend more time providing value to their prospects. From a leadership perspective, the reporting is extremely useful and allows me to track my BDRs individually, team based, and organization based.

Cons

Training new hires to use the platform can be difficult due to how intricate and extensive the feature set is.

Michael K.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing software that immediately generates return on investment

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Their customer success and new customer install team is AMAZINGLY good. It's a complex solution, but that is also its power. Any question I asked was answered immediately by whatever level of support was required.

Pros

Ability to setup complex user journey sequences for multiple personas, it's ease of setup and use, and that our inside sales team says they CANNOT work without this solution. We increased our rate of meetings set immediately and already have generated enough revenue to pay for the system many times over. It is not the cheapest solution out there, but you get what you pay for.

Cons

The reporting could be more robust, but we pipe all the data in SFDC and use the reporting tools there.

• Customer Support Software

Outreach is a great tool for your sales team

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

I have had a great overall experience with Outreach. There have been a few bugs here and there, but the team is really good about addressing and fixing the bugs.

Pros

I like the ability to set reminders directly in my gmail account. Before the email is sent, I set a reminder for myself to follow back up on a specific day and time, and it is a very simple way to remind myself.

Cons

While emailing from my gmail, there is currently a bug when inserting a link into my email. If I have the outreach plug in turned on, and I try to send a link, the outreach plug in will change the link's address, and the person receiving my email isn't able to visit the links I send them. I have to turn the outreach plugin to off before I send the email in order for it to work properly.

Spencer K.

• Customer Support Software

Helps make dials but could be better with syncing to Salesforce

Reviewed on 09/02/2020

Overall, Outreach is great. Helps keep me organized but again lacks some specs with Salesforce.

Pros

I love that I can create my own automatic sequences that will send emails and create tasks for me. This helps with me staying on top of a pipeline and closing more sales.

Cons

The cleanliness of Outreach connecting to Salesforce. I wish it was a smoother process and less messy. Too many steps have to be taken to connect the two.

Josh R.

Excellent Email Tool

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

I love how simple Outreach makes it to create sequences. As an outbound Account Executive, having nice sequences that are easily editable and findable makes the world of difference.

Cons

Every so often the Outreach plug in won't work and will not put the lead in the sequence. I'm not sure why this happens, but it is a pain to have to go through and add them to the sequence another time after you already thought you did it.

Christopher S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Outreach.io is by far the most effective prospecting tool I've ever seen in my sales career.

Reviewed on 13/09/2017

8-10x increase in meetings with qualified prospects with 20% of my town now spent on prospectign and 80% spent in front of customers.

Pros

The tool allows me to focus on selling rather than putting strenuous amounts of effort into old school 'phone book selling methods.' I can create campaigns based on a decent set of assumptions and some basic logic and realize real results within 24-48 hours of the first messages going out.

Cons

I had to deepen my understanding of Sales Operations, Data Management, Reporting, and Direct Response messaging to get repeatable and scalable results. But, it's completely transformed the way I prospect and I know feel like I have an unfair advantage at almost any company I go to in the future.

Matt K.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

DT Review

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

It has been helpful in mass follow up and in individual one-off emails. We are still workign towards getting a wider range of content in OR but hope to have more of an outbound program in the future.

Pros

The organizational aspect. Easy to use and customize to keep sales teams on point and working towards driving revenue.

Cons

That my manager does not fully understand its capabilities.

Awogor M.

Top Product Sales Assistant is Outreach software

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Outreach helps in making sales possible in a Calendaring manner by scheduling basic sales activities including meetings, promotional offers, etc.

Pros

Outreach Help in Scheduling Meetings and Outreach to customers in a Calendaring Manner to maximize sales and helps also in collaboration.
It also helps you to schedule your promotions for special sales and lots more assistance to your sales representatives. Basically put all your sales activities in one place.

Cons

I have not found anything least about this software. It's very helpful to convert customers to buying and returning customers so no negatives vibe about it.

Louis G.

• Customer Support Software

Outreach is great, best cadence software I've used so far (compared to Sendbloom and Yesware)

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

Overall experience is super positive. I'm happy with the productivity it's given my team, plus an added bonus from a managerial perspective is the ease of pulling data and call recordings.

Pros

The constant addition of new features and efficiency workflows is impressive. They're constantly improving the product to reduce wasted motion and effort. For example, they now allow you to update prospects' phone numbers based on email signatures in their responses -- automatically.

Cons

It's definitely buggy. Not any more bugs than other cadence softwares I've used (Sendbloom and Yesware), but still frustrating when I depend on it to engage with my prospects.

• Customer Support Software

Good tool for reps, bit janky in most other respects

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Pros

Amazing for reps. Super clean, super fast, makes cranking out top quality, personalized sales activity a dream. Tasks are fantastic, good integration out of the box to SFDC, and the ability to customize layouts is superb.

Cons

API calls to SFDC can cause some problems. In general, it could be more powerful in terms of how it works with the rest of the tech stack, specifically the marketing tech stack. It's difficult to get it really humming, and that can cause some friction. The website also crashes (the tool never does) which isn't a problem, but it is weird.

Troy O.

• Customer Support Software

Solid tool for outreach. Only email limits will slow you down.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Overall very happy. Any sales team needing a solid tool and the support material to make it work, start here.

Pros

Very intuitive and logical. Really like the interface for building sequences to send to customers. They really push education and offer loads of best practices. Even happy with the sync to salesforce which is something that is rarely said.

Cons

Your email limits are going to slow you down, so just know that you can't blast with this system.

If you make a lot of calls and send a lot of emails, get Outreach now!

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

I spend at least 2 hours in Outreach each day and I don't resent it. It does what I need and does it well.

Pros

Very user friendly & highly versatile. Integration with Gmail is incredible. Generates insights that make me successful at work.

Cons

Often "hidden errors" are triggered that slow down workflow a bit. It can be frustrating at times when you do hours of work and one of these "hidden errors" seemingly negates the work done.

Nathan H.

I couldn't do my job without Outreach

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

With OutReach we having taking away the manual tasks that come with our Sales reps. No more hand dialing, taking notes, or writing the same email over and over again. We have basically built a modified CRM within Outreach, since we don't have Salesforce. We've seen so much success, we have now rolled out the software to multiple divisions within our Company.

Pros

-Easy to use
-You can do everything off the dashboard
-Constant innovation
-Extremely helpful customer service team

Cons

-As much as I want to have some constructive criticism, I can't. I have used SalesLoft in the past and would recommend Outreach to anyone going forward.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best Prospecting Tool - Outreach!

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Pros

Outreach is a fantastic tool for prospecting. With the automated sequences, scheduled tasks, calling/emailing features, I'm able to keep track of all my prospecting efforts and maximize my time to be most effective.

Cons

I don't use the reporting features at all. There's a lot of information in there, it may be extremely useful but it's a little overwhelming.

Meghan M.

Great for SDR’s!

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Pros

Outreach is extremely easy to use once you get the hang of it. It keeps your tasks in order and ready to go. Outreach makes my day so much easier.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve, but it’s easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Colby S.

Love Outreach!

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Pros

Outreach makes it very easy to automate your outreach to potential clients while allowing you to still personalize the emails going out. Integrates great with SalesForce.

Cons

Sometimes when I close out of outreach it closes all of my Chrome windows opened.

Great tool to use with Salesforce.

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

This is a great tool for sales teams that dial heavy.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to enter in prospect information while on different pages. The cadences works great and track all activity.

Cons

Sometimes it would take some time to dial out or to close a call.