Yoyo F.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

JotForm - Google Form on Steroids.

Reviewed on 14/02/2021

Decent experience. Overall, a mid-tier product at a mid-tier price. Worth it. And has a decent free pricing.

Pros

JotForm had a lot of options that Google Form and Typeform and other form software don't have. Such as accepting payment, accepting signatures, etc.

Cons

JotForm limits what its users can and cannot do with the forms unnecessarily even if you are just making a form for testing purposes. Unlike Google Forms where you can essentially do whatever you want.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for the positive review and glad that you had a decent experience using JotForm. I'd like to clarify that with our free plan, you can already access all the JotForm core features. However, there are limits including the number of forms. For the free plan, you can only keep 5 active forms in your account. If you have created a test form, you can archive it later so it won't be counted towards your limit.
Hope this information helps. Regards!

• Used Other for Free Trial

Great features, but not easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Pros

I like all the templates that JotForm offers and the features within each template allow for detailed customization of forms.

Cons

It was difficult for me to navigate some features of JotForm.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for your positive feedback. Please let us know which feature you find difficult so we can further assist you. Perhaps our user guide would be of help http://www.jotform.com/help/.
You can always reach us in our support system through our contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/. Best Regards!

Kathleen C.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Form Builder that keeps getting Better

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

I create all the forms and share them with several faculty and staff here at the College. The software very intuitive, so there's little training needed for others to work with it. The notifications are highly customizable, so for each form I can control who sees the submission, the workflow and the response to the submitter. I've watched the company grow, offering more support and more features, while still keeping the cost for the end user reasonable!

Pros

When Adobe stop offering their online form option, I needed a replacement! I researched a variety of options and went with JotForm. The top features are the ease of use (great interface even for beginners), available templates and the ability to export the form in a variety of formats - embed in a website, fillable PDF, email, etc. Another valuable feature is the management of submissions. Simple to use, easy to manipulate or expert.

Cons

At first, there were some accessibility issues. The developers are currently addressing those issues; they just offered a webinar on how to incorporate ADA compliance. Most of the minor problems when I first started using JotForm have been addressed or improved.

Response from JotForm

Glad you find JotForm valuable for your needs. It is also great to know that your issues has been resolved.

Ashley S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Awesome product, frequent updates, easy to use!

Reviewed on 29/09/2019

Overall JotForm has been irreplaceable for our company. So many of our processes have been streamlined and built around JotForm, it's truly saved us countless hours of time each week. Their customer support is very responsive and helpful in resolving any issues with software use.

Pros

We've been using JotForm for years as we've grown our small business to solve problems, collect data, and streamline processes. JotForm has been one of the easiest softwares to use, learn, and implement in our organization. The best part about JotForm is how easy it is to use - with drag and drop options, excellent customer support, and regular updates to improve building the forms. I would also add that it is unbelievably customizable. There are tons of templates to choose from that can be plug and play or drastically modified to fit the needs of the task at hand.

Cons

There is almost nothing but high praise for this software. Most issues I've run into over the years (formatting problems, pdf compatibility, etc.) have all been addressed and improved upon with each update. There are still some issues with designing pdf files and editing layouts of automatic emails but nothing that impedes the functionality or use too much. I'm also confident that these issues will only continue to improve based on JotForm's track record of catering to its customer needs.

Laure-anne V.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

• Customer Support Software

Packed full of functionality, even the free trial version; and INCREDIBLE customer support

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Thanks for conditional logic, we are no longer scaring our customers away with a mega form. Only the fields relevant to their answers pop up.

Thanks to the incredible formating, our form is now on-brand for customer sign-ups.

Pros

1. Intuitive advanced formatting features
2. Sophisticated, yet easy-to-setup conditional logic
3. Customer service: answers are fast, detailed and on-point. They even film a demo of what they mean with YOUR example. This within hours, despite the fact that my questions could be quite technical/detailed.

Cons

On two occasions, I have lost hours of work despite saving religiously. I haven't been able to reproduce this so I can't report ti.

Response from JotForm

We are beyond grateful for your amazing review and your awesome feedback towards our customer service. This just made our day.

I can only assume that you are working the same form on 2 separate tabs so it's highly likely that changes on the first tab overwrite the other. When experiencing this problem, we have a Revision History that would help you revert your form to its previous state. Guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/294-How-to-View-Form-Revision-History

Amanda R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Streamline Processes with JotForm

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

I love JotForm. Since using JotForm we have been more efficient in collecting client data, saving us at least half an our on the phone trying to collect the same.

Pros

I was looking for a form to help streamline intake calls with clients for my clerks. I tried Google forms and found that after a trial run, we did not know where the answers were to be viewed. I asked a colleague and he recommended JotForm. With JotForm we were able to customize a questionnaire to be used for certain areas of law to send to clients upon the initial intake. Once the client fills out the questionnaire, we are emailed the answers and can save them to the consultation file for quick reference during the consultation as well as great base notes for the client file, once we are retained.

Cons

That the form can be forwarded to other people. I think I can lock this feature with the pay option.

Response from JotForm

Thanks a lot for your nice review. We are happy to know that JotForm has helped streamline your intake calls.
Regarding the lock feature, if you don't want other users to clone your form, you can check "Do not allow my forms to be cloned by other users" in your account settings under privacy here https://www.jotform.com/myaccount/settings.
Contact us in our support system through our contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/ if you have any other questions. Best Regards!

Janette R.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy Customizable Form Builder

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

What I've enjoyed most about JotForm is that not only do you have the opportunity to select great templates, but you can customize the forms to your needs. The integration is simple, quick and easy. Which in the end saves me time and money. Plus you can use the forms for any purpose, not only for website integrations. My overall experience has been a positive one with JotForm.

Pros

The functionality and template selections put my mind at ease. Building a website can be easy and fun when you are just starting out. I found out that some platforms to build out my websites didn't have the option to customize the forms that I needed for the goals I had set. I came across JotForm and was able to integrate the template of my choice into my website with ease.

Cons

I had a little trouble accessing my forms in the beginning but with the new updates that JotForm had made, I found that I made the right choice when it comes to customizable forms.

Jenny C.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Easy forms!

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Overall, I recommend JotForm to anyone who is considering to utilize this platform. It is easy to use, has great features to offer and also collaborates with other platforms such as Google to help integrate responses into one cohesive page. JotForm can be used by a variety of audiences from students to businesses to help gather data for projects.

Pros

JotForms is an easy online platform that allows you to create forms for any event. I particularly love how there are many features on the website. There are plenty of templates that one can use, depending on what your needs are. For example, if you have a business and want to track your customers feedback, you can choose the "Customer Satisfaction Survey" template and it would populate all the things you can edit on the form. Another cool feature that I like is that you can integrate it with Google Forms which allows you to populate all the responses from the survey into one sheet. The best part is that Google Forms auto-saves these responses, and also tracks any changes that were made. There are other platforms that you can also integrate it with, such as Zoom and Slack, which are great sharing platforms as well.

Cons

If you have a lot of things to add onto the form, it can be a little laggy and slow to load. But if you're patient, and there's no rush for the form to made instantly, then it should not be an issue.

Response from JotForm

It's really a great pleasure to see such an amazing review and happy that you like everything about JotForm especially our integrations with different apps. Please contact us at jotform.com/contact if you have any issues with your forms. Thanks!

Dylan W.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

• Customer Support Software

There's No Better Form Builder!

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

I love Jotform. I love how often they roll out new features. They continue to add new features that I didn't even know I needed. I run a large online store and have many different form needs. The dynamic nature of how each form can be set up and truly earned a lot of new revenue for my business. For example, my company offers custom phone cases and the ability for customers to select different sizes, models, colors, and attach their own images is extremely valuable!

Pros

I've used Jotform for several years now and what I like most about the software is the ease of use, amount of form features, and customer support!

Cons

The price...at first. At first I thought the idea of paying for a form builder was ridiculous. But after playing with all of the features I realize that the amount of in depth coding knowledge I would have needed (or paid for) is would have been far more expensive then the small subscription fee I pay. Plus, I believe there is a free plan if you do not need all of the features that I utilize.

Lynda M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

A Great Find

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

I have no plans to stop using this service! Its been wonderful for our overnight rentals business for getting our Terms and Conditions signed.

Pros

If you are a small business that needs 5 or less forms at any given time and have less than 100 submissions per month, this FREE software can be a wonderful addition to your small business. We have loved the ease of use and submission notifications.

Cons

They have a couple of glitches in actually seeing the signature on the mobile app and on the email that we have not gotten worked out yet. But, tech support is currently trying to help.

John T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

An innovative software to create the best suited forms.

Reviewed on 22/09/2018

Pros

For any job or vacancy, it is important to collect the exact details of the applicant. JotForm lets you not only create a form that is suitable for this purpose but it also provides a high level of flexibility regarding the fields you want to add to your form. There is an email notification system to inform you about each new update. This is really effective in keeping updated with the ongoings with the job applications. The best part is that a lot of the features are made available for free. Therefore, it compares really well with all of its competitors.

Cons

Graphing the content is just another difficult thing. Ther are only limited customizable options available to set how a notification should pop up.

Grace M.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

JotForm was a Huge Win for our Business!

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

JotForm has replaced a lot of communication that was previously happening over email. Having a set form with dedicated recipients has streamlined many processes and increased the integrity of the data that we are getting. Also the ability to see consolidated submission information is great for reviewing past information.

Pros

JotForm is very easy to configure and the pricing scale allows you to get the service that you need at a price that is affordable. We use JotForm for all internal forms and are able to embed them directly into our intranet for a seamless user experience.

Cons

For the most part the built in functionality meets any and all needs that we have for internal forms. There are time however when we are looking for functionality that is a bit for conditional. There limits to what logic you can build into a form, but for the price that we're paying, we're happy with the product that we receive.

Response from JotForm

We are happy to know that JotForm helped you with your business needs. If you come across issues, just let us know at https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help. Regards!

Frank R.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Jotform embeddable forms are an easy solution, but more custom API solutions are cumbersome.

Reviewed on 09/02/2019

Overall, I would recommend Jotform for a company that is looking for a quick out-of-the-box solution that doesn't need much customization and just be dropped into a website. For others that require more customization and more modern design, then I would look elsewhere.

Pros

Jotform provides a good out-of-the-box toolset for forms. They have many of the features that you would expect from a form provider including WYSIWYG editors and viewable results. Their UI has also undergone several improvements that have given it a more modern design and ease of use.

Cons

While the out-of-the-box solutions work well, things are not as straightforward when integrating the forms on a website in a more custom way and utilizing the API. Their API is not as updated as their UI, and so embedding an iframe works well enough, but more complex manipulation and validation of the form elements is challenging and limited to say the least. Their form designs are also a bit dated, especially considering the more modern form paradigms introduced by typeform and others.

Ron M.

• Customer Support Software

Built secure forms to be used in the field by nurses.

Reviewed on 05/06/2020

Was easy to create forms for patients that can be completed, signed, and then sent automatically to the central office.

Pros

Ease of use. Secure data collection. Allows custom pdfs to be generated and then sent automatically to the correct department.

Cons

There are rare instances when the pdf forms are not forwarded. They can always be found in the application inbox though.

Response from JotForm

Security is one of our top priority and we are grateful for your recognition.
If you still encounter problems with PDF Forms, please don't hesitate to contact us in our Support System through our contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/.

Grace C.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

LOVE Jotform

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Overall, it solved the problem of collecting and curating information. It keeps it more private and protects our clients.

Pros

I am in a business where clients need to get me forms they have collected (for photography clients), and I curate the info for them. It can be tedious and time consuming, but with JotForm, it goes much faster. We are able to better collaborate on projects, keep client's information private by keeping it out of emails/texts, and streamline their ability to turn it in.

Cons

Occasionally, when editing a form, the changes are lost. But this has been quite rare.

Mayur T.

• Customer Support Software

Collecting information can be made easier by using JotForm.

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

Pros

Whenever a form is completed, the user receives an email and also can download a PDF or spreadsheet in which all the data entered through the form is updated. There is also a feature to save the form before submitting so that the user could return to it for filling the details later. Since there are a lot of drag-and-drop options, the job to create forms is not very hectic.

Cons

There is a limit set up over the available space. And also the number of forms that can be made also has an upper limit. The support team can be only approached through emails. They do not show any interest in solving the problems of the users. Once the data is collected, it becomes difficult to sort all of the data.

• Customer Support Software

I know with Jotform I can handle any type of form need.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Setting up advanced multi-page forms for clients is super easy.

Pros

I love how many power features are available. Their pricing is super competitive as well. Styling forms is much easier than competitors. The ability to group forms into folders makes it really easy to find the form you're looking for.

Cons

Some of the UI feels a bit clunky. Many of the integrations don't include much documentation, so it can be "trial and error" to figure some things out. Support is helpful, but there is no notification when someone has provided an answer to your question.

Antony T.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Better than Google Forms

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I used Google Forms before Jotform and the truth is that I never switched back. Jotform helped very much me and my bussines.

Pros

- Very good designed forms
- Very easy to create a form
- Much types to select
- Cal also create a product form

Cons

I didn't had much cons but I'm gonna say some.
- Takes a little more time to make a form.
- I had difficulty to add a white block.

Tyson T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Features at a Value Price

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

JotForm has helped us streamline our customer onboarding and continues to impress me with the options we have available to create professional forms and interactions with customers and employees.

Pros

JotForm is so flexible. It allows us to create a great customer experience for account opening and also gives us great form tools to use on the back end with our employees.

Cons

Free version only allows communication with one email address. I can't really complain though because I am getting a great tool at an even great price.

Response from JotForm

Thanks for the compliments and for dropping a perfect rating. That's really appreciated.
Upgrading to any of our paid plans will lift the email notifications limit.

Leslie P.

• Customer Support Software

Great overall, but needs better support for custom logic

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Customer service is great, and it helped me save tons of time on building forms. My client is happy because the design looks great.

Pros

It's super easy to create forms. It's decent enough to interface with your backend logic processor. And it has 3rd-party support for form elements and integrations (e.g. Airtable)

Cons

You have to jump through a lot of hoops to make things like normalized field values work. Airtable integration is pretty useless if you need this feature, as you have to write your own code that does the interfacing with Airtable if you want to work with normalized field values.

Reanna F.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

It gets the job done

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

My graduate school used this as a way to document and keep track of the completion of certain responsibilities and duties of students.

Pros

I liked the ability to have a field that requires a signature from the user. I used this as a graduate student in pharmacy school to document certain responsibilities, and professors would need to sign off on certain responsibilities and this app has that function, which made my life a lot easier.

Cons

The option to attach a picture to a form is there, and when selected, will allow you to use your camera on your device to capture the picture. However, when trying to upload the picture into the form, it will oftentimes state that the file size is too large, and the option to decrease the size of the image does not exist. This can be frustrating at times and is the reason I did not give 5 stars for functionality.

Response from JotForm

Thank you for your feedback. It's possible that the uploaded images are larger than the file size limit set on the file upload field. I suggest you check this guide https://www.jotform.com/help/33-Changing-the-File-Upload-Size-Limit to learn how to change the file size limit in the file upload field properties. You can increase the default limit considering that images captured directly from the camera are faily huge.

Jeremy W.

JotForm is great!

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

I absolutely love JotForm! It is very amazing.

Pros

Everything about JotForm is great! I love the capabilites. I also like that you can get an increase in form limits by completing tasks, such as writing reviews.

Cons

I don't like that there's a form limit on the free plan, although I can increase my form limit by completing tasks. I also don't really like that there's plans in general. But that's about it.

Response from JotForm

Jeremy, thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you like everything about JotForm.
Pricing is the toughest thing to do but we hope you understand that this helps us keep going and to continue improve our products and services.

Joely R.

• Customer Support Software

We use Jot Form for our event site reservation form.

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

Pros

The templates are nice and it is very easy to personalize the forms. There are many widgets and integrations to use to make the form function for your purpose. Whenever we have had issues with our forms (maybe 3 times in the last 6 years I have used them), the customer service is very quick and receptive.

Cons

Every issue I have had with JotForms has stemmed from a user-end error. The software works perfectly well for our purpose.

Dan M.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Power program with an easy-to-use interface

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

We are using Jotform to allow end-users to input their shipping requests for our campus post office. The form even creates an alpha-numeric five-character code which users write on their package. We then cross-reference that code in our system and input the shipping information into our software. This has revolutionized our shipping process and eliminated a paper form.

Pros

The ability to easily create web forms that capture the data that I need and integrate into both internal and external sites. The forms themselves are very easy to customize and drop things in and out at the click of a mouse.

Cons

After having used them for several years, I honestly cannot think of anything that I don't like about using them!

Response from JotForm

Thanks for being a loyal JotFormer! We highly appreciate your trust and support. Cheers!

Mariah M.

JotForm is good for small businesses.

Reviewed on 17/05/2020

Overall, JotForm is super useful and I'm glad that I made an account and decided to use it.

Pros

I use JotForm for customers to submit service request and reviews. It's super easy to use and setup. They have many features and options for customization. You don't necessarily need to get a paid version to get the benefits of the website; however, you can also gain more access by getting a paid plan.

Cons

I don't like how it sometimes looks dated but that is not a deal breaker. Also some of the better features do require payment or sometimes they stop working causing customer service.

Response from JotForm

Thank you for your nice review. We really appreciate it. It is also great to hear that JotForm helps you correlate with your customers. If you ever have issues using JotForm, please don't hesitate to contact us in our Support System through our contact form here https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We would be glad to help you.