Bookafy

Free online appointment booking software

4.7 /5 (130 reviews) Write a Review!
4.7
Sarah D.
  • Industry: Machinery

Couldn't be Happier!

Reviewed on 23/09/2015

We manage a staff of about 15, and this software has been a life saver. We save so much time with the automation that our 1 scheduler is still relaxed even though she manages a schedule of roughly 50 appointments per day.

Before we started using online scheduling, we had 5 staff members and our scheduling was totally stressful and time consuming. We wanted to grow, so we were looking at adding another admin to help... The cost of the second admin was going to be roughly 40K per year including benefits, plus 2-3K set up for desk, computer, etc.

Then we started using Bookafy, and for $40 per month we were able to accomplish a lot more than we could with 3K per month.

So happy, and I love their customer service!

Pros

***SMS reminders to customers is amazing.
***I love that the customers get an email confirmation with the appointment attachment that saves to their personal calendar.
***I love the google calendar sync. Most of our techs use google on their phones, and although Bookafy is great for phones... many staff members like that it is saved to both Bookafy and Google.
***Payments- we keep meaning to get set up with their payment processor... but we have been using their system to simply record the transaction (one field to enter $ amount) and it has been really handy to track sales right inside the calendar app.
***I just started using the Zapier integration, and now everything is syncing to Quickbooks. I love that I dont have to double enter info.
***Reviews... this is big for us. We don't get it right everytime... before we were using Genbook and we did get reviews but we didn't know who the customer was or who the staff member was, so we weren't able to correct or praise as needed. If we would get an upset customer, we had to guess who to deal with. That was useless. Bookafy tells us who the customer is and who the staff member is so we can high five our staff or correct them as needed. Now, if we get a bad review we hop on it, solve the problem and customers are very happy.
Syncing to my email CRM is awesome! I send out monthly emails, and I dont have to worry about syncing my customer list. Its done automatically. Yippie!

Drew H.

This scheduling app is absolutely crushing its competitors

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

I'm able to set up a scheduler *inside* a popup box within a marketing funnel (a pathway of pages that leads cold traffic to book a call). Being able to do this within a popup means my users won't need to leave the particular page where they get the invitation to book in the first place—which removes yet another step (aka 'friction point').

Pros

I use Bookafy for both myself and others. It lets me be really flexible with getting others to schedule appointments with me and the clients for whom I'm setting it up. The biggest deal that I found refreshing when I came across it was: Ability to redirect to a custom URL after booking.
I was able to leave behind a service that was almost 4x the cost… in fact, this competing service WAS more than 4x the cost considering Bookafy will allow me to set up MORE than just two "appointment types" and STILL redirect to custom URLs after the booking!
I love using it inside a popup box so users never have to leave the page. (another functionality bonus)
And in case anyone's wondering, users can also select their time zone (a pitfall of some WordPress plugins)

Cons

I believe it could be easier to set up and customize exactly how I want it. I think it will get there in time though; the support behind it is so responsive and they've listened to the challenges and desires that users are expressing.

Katie M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

My Booking Program

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Overall I haven't missed an appointment, as I have a terrible memory. I like this and I like the branded homepage, even though the url is bookafy, I don't mind.

Pros

- Different color coded appointment types
- sync with calendar (outlook calendar)
- e-mail reminders
- e-mails client after booking appointment so they can leave a review.

Cons

- didn't sync with my apple account. (this was a big CON for me as my phone is an IPHONE but i found it synced well with my outlook calendar so that's what I use now.)
- I wish they had a mobile app!!!! (work on this!)

Response from Bookafy Scheduling

Hey, we definitely sync with Icloud/Iphone. we can help you get it connected if you would like. do you want to book a call with us at https://demo.bookafy.com

Tari K.

Best available Cloud based solution for POS & Online Booking

Reviewed on 23/08/2015

So there is no perfect product BUT... We've run our wellness business for 8 years now using a variety of non-integrated systems including AppointmentQuest and Intuit POS. About 2 years ago, we became very frustrated with the total lack of
customer support from our current solutions... they literally did not have a phone number to reach a real person in any circumstance. The role Bookafy would play for us was mission critical so I did some serious due diligence before selecting Bookafy. I created a massive feature spreadsheet that compared the 4 top contenders. Bookafy and one other option appeared to be the best on paper. So I called Bookafy and grilled that sales person for literally 3 hours about all the nuances of Bookafy. She was cheerful and knowledgable (I think her name was Sarah) and answered pretty much all of my questions. We have over 60 employees, so training and switching our software backbone is a huge hassle you really want to choose the right long term partner so you don't have to deal with all that work again. Yes, we push the limits of the features. Yes, we wish they would fix some of the "glitches" more quickly it seems that adding new customers might be getting more CEO focus than improving the user/customer experience. But so far, Bookafy appears to still be the best available option.

Response from Bookafy Scheduling

Tari, thank you for the nice review!

Sashana B.
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Very simple

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

I wanted to ensure that I remain organized and keep in contact with my clients so that good business relationships are fostered. With Bookafy, I can do just that.

Pros

The scheduling portion of Bookafy is very easy to use and straight to the point. It has the perfect amount of features. Some software have so many features that it's almost overwhelming to use and unnecessarily complex. I didn't experienced that with Bookafy. I love the fact that I can create gaps of time between appointments so that I can rest and prepare for other clients. Also, I love the fact that I can adjust my availability so that my available booking hours are compatible with my school hours.

Cons

When inputting the types of makeup services I offer under "Appointment Types", I realized that there is no option to insert a display picture of what that service would look like. Having a display picture accompanying the type of appointment would not only make for better presentation, but would allow clients who are a bit more indecisive to have an idea of what that service would look like without having to go onto my main website or instagram page. I also had trouble finding the online payment feature. In fact, I still have not found it. But that is easily remedied by accepting payments in person upon arrival or by wire transfer. That being said, it isn't the easiest booking software to use but it can definitely be used efficiently.

Michael D.

Very good clean and easy to use interface

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

It has really helped my business, as it allowed me to book appointments with potential clients.

Pros

Very easy to use user interface, and has some nice integrations with 3rd party apps, like zoom, google calendar.

Cons

The booking page design could be better, it's design I don't like that much.

Kellie H.

Love it! Life saver...

Reviewed on 02/04/2015

Thank you Bookafy... I found you on Capterra last month and I have been using your software ever since. This software has literally saved my life! I run an office with about 8 staff members and I cant believe how much time, energy and stress I took off my plate with this simple schedule. 2 months ago (prior to using Bookafy) I was spending my evenings from 6-7ish calling all of the next days appointments confirming. That in itself lead to a ton of phone tag. The automated reminders with Text/sms and email are fantastic. I could go on and on, but i will say, that before atleast half of my time was spent scheduling, rescheduling and reminding people. Now, its all done automatically. I couldn't be happier and the last 30 days have breathed life into me and my business. Thank you Bookafy!

Response from Bookafy Scheduling

Kellie, thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate this!

Ursula O.

Great Service

Reviewed on 22/08/2015

I recently had an issue with changing some of my settings on Bookafy and made my first call to the support line. I reached a young lady named Sarah. I've been in the service industry since the beginning of time (I'm old) and Sarah provided perhaps the best customer service experience I've ever received. Sarah identified the problem as a system issue and immediately suggested a potential workaround. Not only did she suggest it, but she then logged into my account and made the changes, showed me the changes, and we were all set. She genuinely seemed to enjoy her job and helping me, and it came out in the service she provided. My first experience with Bookafy Customer Support made me glad I switched from the other company. Bookafy delivered and I am a happy camper!

Response from Bookafy Scheduling

Hi Ursula, thank you for your nice review!

Dara I.

Ease to use platform with the best customer service I've ever had!

Reviewed on 24/03/2017

I am still glowing from my experience with Bookafy. As someone who is not exactly the most tech-savvy person, I require a lot of hands-on customer service attention. When I called, I was lucky enough to chat with the Bookafy CEO. We chatted about my needs and how Bookafy would help my business. After I signed up for the free trial, he walked me through the entire platform until I was confident I could easily navigate it. He knows the platform in and out and explained to me how each setting would help streamline my business. I really enjoy working with Bookafy and look forward to growing my business with it.

Calude R.

Excellent and very affordable system

Reviewed on 28/11/2015

Pros: We have been using your services for about 1 year and have had hardly any problems. Your customer service is fantastic, the service you provide is really good and the price is very reasonable... Bookafy is giving us great value for themoney.

Cons: There are few features that are missing and would be useful, but I have no doubt that these will get added in due course as everything else has. The upside to this 'con'is that I asked them for the features and they said 'great idea, we will do it'. No biggie.

Overall: I would highly recommend and the value for money is excellent.

Dani J.

One of the best business decisions in over 20 years!

Reviewed on 20/09/2015

Switched to Bookafy almost a year ago now. One of the best business decisions I have made in over 20 years in the massage industry. Great product, great support. I studied the competition for six months before going with Bookafy. I know that sounds a little crazy, but I wanted to find a good fit. What I liked about Bookafy then has only gotten better in time, as
they role out improvements on a regular basis. I love the software then, and I really love it now! If you are looking for software for your small business, look no further!

Response from Bookafy Scheduling

Hello Dani, thank you for your nice review.

Gary S.

Bookafy is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015

I work for a company that manages over 75 locations nationwide. We have utilized a few other software platforms and Bookafy is by far the best to work with. I like two things in particular, 1. I can customize so much. From staff schedules to service stat times, colors, branding,etc. There is so much to customize for my business and for each of our specific locations. 2. Their support staff is fantastic. They are always available to help, they never complain for my many (maybe too many) questions. They are really nice and great to work with. Highly recommend!

Ghislaine P.
  • Industry: Program Development
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Really bad customer service

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

We were overcharged by mistake when we initially set up Bookafy. When I reached out to Bookafy it took 4 weeks for their first response. This was back in August 2019.
I have been emailing them about 8 times, back and forth, with not being able to find the account ect. with the promise the refund would be made, but nothing came through. Then I decided to start a new claim hoping someone else would take the case and help but I NEVER got a response on that. Overall very disappointing and an overcharge of $252. Now it's May 2020 and this is my last resort to hopefully get our money back.

Pros

Easy to manage
Easy integration on the website

Cons

Needed to manually block out times
the customer service is really bad

Stuart S.

I love new start up businesses that kick butt

Reviewed on 20/09/2015

I go out of my way to work with small start ups when possible. Most of the time it's a disaster. In this case, Bookafy is so darn good I could shout it from the roof tops. These guys are on to something really big and I have been telling everyone I know. Also, I called in and one time the owner answered the phone to help... he was super nice and helpful. I love Bookafy!

Sarah B.

Happy Happy Customer

Reviewed on 29/04/2016

I have used your services off and on for the last year and have loved every minute of it! I have not ever had any problems or issues at all!I also love that it seems daily you guys add new features, integrations and make it prettier and easier and easier to use. Your product just gets better and better! Keep up the good work!

Manuela G.

Fantastic Software, Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 28/11/2015

Cons: A little tricky to set up, even if you are tech savvy.

Pros: I suppose the reason it is tricky to set up is because there are a ton of customization options. The good news... there was always someone at the end of the phone or emails to help out when I have needed it.
Overall: A highly recommended Bookafy Scheduling.

Michelle M.

Happy Happy Customer

Reviewed on 16/09/2015

I have used your services off and on for the last year and have loved every minute of it! I have not ever had any problems or issues at all! I also love that it seems daily you guys add new features, integrations and make it prettier and easier and easier to use. Your product just gets better and better! Keep up the good work!

Martin K.

Great Customer Service!

Reviewed on 27/11/2015

I am a pastor and I do a lot of one on one meetings with people from our church. Bookafy is saving me a ton of time scheduling, that is for sure... but one of the things that I really like it the reminders. We have almost entirely eliminated reschedules and no-shows which makes my life so much better. Love it!

Cathy R.

Customer service

Reviewed on 26/11/2015

I hope Bookafy knows how lucky they are to have Beth on their team. I am clueless when it comes to technology and they have been VERY patient and generous with me. I feel terrible about how often I call given the low amount of money I pay, but they seem to be happy as can be to help. Thank you Bookafy

Customer Service? Yes!

Reviewed on 15/03/2016

I have been with Bookafy for over one year now and can say I have never had a bad experience including my AWESOME customer service experience with Jason today. At times when I didn’t quite understand what to do with the software, the Bookafy team was there to help in a jiffy! Thank you guys!!!

Tim L.

Best $40 we have ever spent

Reviewed on 26/02/2015

Our staff went from overworked and totally stressed, so relaxed and massive reduction in hours. We are saving so much money on reduced staff costs and we couldn't be happier. Not only are we saving a ton of money, our staff is just so much happier and their stress is way down. Good job Bookafy!

Joanne L.

Easy and flexible scheduling system

Reviewed on 13/02/2016

I love that it is simple. I love that it is robust. I love that the calendar is embedded into our website. I love that the colors of the app match my colors (all customizable), I love the payments at booking so much to love. I highly recommend!

Carol P.

Hotel spa in Almafi

Reviewed on 12/02/2016

We use this software for our boutique spa in Italy. We love the simplicity. We love the language changes based on our customers preference (we get customers that speak almost every language). This tool has been exceptional!

Holly S.

Sarah is a awesomesauce!

Reviewed on 20/09/2015

Sarah went above and beyond to guide me to through the various features! Thanks to Bookafy (and Sarah) for helping to make the management our spa a whole lot easier. I am saving so much time I don't know what to do with myself!

Marie L.

Helpful service - everytime!

Reviewed on 23/08/2015

The BOOKAFY team is amazing. From sales to support, mybusiness needs were taken care of quickly and thoroughly. Thanks Casey and Sarah - highly recommended!

Response from Bookafy Scheduling

Thank you Marie for your nice words. We really appreciate the feedback!