BigTime

Time, billing, expense, payment, and project mgmt software

4.6 /5 (533 reviews) Write a Review!

Jenna G.

Bigtime

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Overall this is for big company's with employees over 100 plus to time manage them but need a better system for invoicing.

Pros

I like that you are able to create your own engagements per client.

Cons

I least like the invoice part as it does not function how it is suppose too. There are to many steps for it to be integrated into QuickBooks.

Response from BigTime Software

Jenna,

Thanks so much for this review- we really appreciate hearing from all our customers here at BigTime! We are very glad to hear that you're happy with our engagements and how you can create unique engagements per client, but we're sad to hear that you feel that invoicing is not working for you. There are many ways you can use BigTime's invoicing, and there are many help features that can help you learn how. Here are just a few:

Knowledge Base Articles/Videos:

Our Invoicing Webinar:
Schedule a Live Webinar here: https://www.bigtime.net/webinars/

Also, feel free to reach out to us here at Customer Success - we'd love to help you learn more about invoicing!

Scott S.

Flexible Project SetUp and QBO Integration

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Pros

We support many different kinds of projects and contracts. We have T&M, Fixed Fee, Recurring and some Fixed Fee with a T&M Element. We like BigTime because it is easy to set up a project with tasks (line items) that match our contracting terms. Also, it is possible to set Cost and Bill rates at the Company, Project or even Task Level. This kind of flexibility makes it easy for us to produce invoices that match our contract setup. We also needed something with fairly tight QuickBooks Online integration. BigTime deliveres here also. Lastly, the reporting facility in BigTime is very usuable.

Cons

There is not really anything that I find I don't like. From time to time, I have a feature request for the BigTime team. They communicate very well regarding their roadmap.

Response from BigTime Software

Scott,

We are so very thankful for your review - we really thank you for taking the time to post it. :) We are very happy that you're finding BigTime's flexible invoicing system able to provide what you need when it comes time to send your customers the bill. Also, we love that we can make it easy for you to setup your diverse projects with all their various bill rate structures and unique needs. The fact that you are utilizing our Quickbooks integration as well and it's working for your business, well, that's just icing on the cake!

Please do reach out to us and let us know if there is any way that we can be of further assistance to you.

Thanks again!

Shannon D.

BigTime is a huge asset

Reviewed on 08/12/2015

Pros

I have been using BigTime for about 6 months now and could not be happier. In my previous company, I purchased a time tracking software for my employees and bookkeeping and it was a disaster. It didn't integrate with Quickbooks, was cumbersome to use, fouled up our taxes and was extremely expensive. Conversely, BigTime has been a huge breath of fresh air. It integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks, allows me to easily track my time, expenses, and create invoices. I can readily see where I am with project budgets verses time spent and can easily gauge when it is time to bill. I am now a sole proprietor and have to wear all of the hats of the business. Having BigTime has been an indispensable tool in being able to manage the "business" side of the business easily and efficiently.
The customer service (specifically through my personal Account Manager) is outstanding. If I ever have a question, he has solved it through timely and knowledgeable feedback or it has been resolved with a quick online chat with support.
As you can tell, I can't say enough about this software and am so glad that I found it (and wish I would have found it sooner).

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that I would change

Kate H.

• Customer Support Software

Great interface for timesheets and expense reports

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

Pros

I like the intuitive interface that generally does not confuse me. I also like that if I have a specific question, I can typically get it answered quickly through the support team.

Cons

1. I would love to have access to timesheet and expense review through the app on my phone
2. I would love a more hands on 'onboarding' process where someone really walked through the interface with Quickbooks for us as business owners

Response from BigTime Software

Kate,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review of Big Time - your review means a whole lot to us! We're very pleased that you've had a positive experience with both our intuitive software and our responsive support. :)

Regarding Timesheet/Expense approval on the mobile app, we understand completely and you're not alone - other users are asking too, and we hope to have that feature live as soon as we can. The idea for a Quickbooks centered training is an excellent one, and we'll make sure that we take a close look at adding that option into our On-boarding as well!

We do offer Success Points, which your firm can purchase for additional training about any topic you like (such as Quickbooks' interaction and interface with Big Time) and you can find out more about that here: https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/442598/Success%20and%20Support%20Content/Success%20Services/Success%20Services%20&%20Points.pdf

The Big Time Customer Success Team

Soncerie C.
  • Industry: Design

Big Time Switch from Timeslips after 20+Years

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Pros

It is bendable once you figure out exactly what you need it to do. Customer Support works with you to get to your end goal. I am particularly pleased with the ongoing support have received from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who handles every support ticket with Support, Satisfaction and Complete Competence . Her knowledgebase is clearly an asset to her customers and what she is unsure of, she escalates and does not spin her or your wheels wasting time, which is a precious commodity in the World of REMOTE WORK Space.

Cons

Its inability to perform some task that I am used to which is to be expected in a switch form one system to the next.

Terri K.

Invoicing Webinar

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

I love the software for invoicing.

Pros

I think the software is very user friendly, however, there are parts of it that I have never used and not sure how to use it.

Cons

I think the software is very easy to use, but I would like to know more about how to use the features I don't use.

Response from BigTime Software

Terri,

Thanks so much for this review! We're most pleased that you found our Invoicing Webinar useful and that you're also finding your BigTime user-friendly and easy to understand. In regards to learning more about BigTime, there are many options:

Knowledge Base: http://kb.bigtime.net/ - we have 100's of articles on almost every topic imaginable about BigTime here. Just type in what you're looking for and hit enter!

Blog - https://blog.bigtime.net/ - our weekly updated blog has tons of excellent articles: industry best practices, tips & tricks, frequently asked questions, and much more!

Webinars - https://www.bigtime.net/webinars/ - webinars that cover multiple topics offered each month. All free, all the time.

Also, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support or Customer Success Teams - we're happy to help!

Josephine K.

Review of BigTime After a Month

Reviewed on 15/03/2017

After reviewing four options for Time and Expense Tracking software we decided on BigTime for two reasons: Ease of Use and Invoice Templates. The Time and Expense entry for the engineers in our office was intuitive and easy to learn. The mobile app works very well and is used more than we anticipated.

From the administrative aspect the setup is relatively easy and the user interface is easy to follow and understand. I really like how the screens navigate from one to the other and how I can customize what I want to see on each screen. The clicking on the column headings to view the information in varies ways is great.

We create about 50 - 60 invoices each month where the format may vary depending on the client for each one. BigTime does a good job of providing a base of invoice templates with the flexibility customize. The one thing that is really missing from the invoicing option is the ability to display the Total Cumulative Amount Invoiced as of the current invoice (prior amount + current invoice amount). I have requested this change and hopefully it will be added.

The last aspect is customer support. Two training sessions were included in the software subscription. The first one was good for the very basic information, maybe a little too basic. The second session was much more informative that gave us some good practices to use with BigTime (Brea was very knowledgeable in both). The day to day support seems short handed. Most of the time you have to send an email and wait for a response which could take hours or the next day. As a new user that was a little frustrating. I don't necessarily need to talk to someone on the phone but a live chat would be great to get an answer and move on. That is the one area that I would recommend BigTime address.

Overall we are happy with our decision to go with BigTime and I would recommend BigTime to others.

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive and easy to learn

Cons

I cannot display a cumulative invoice total in the budget summary for invoicing (prior billings + current billings).

David P.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Excellent for Engineering Services

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

I have tried many solutions in the past and I found BT was the best fit for our organization. Very cost effective compared to other solutions. It requires little time to produce reports and the engineers find the UI for entering time easy and fast.

Pros

Ability to easily add staff, create projects and budgets
Report generation and ability to export reports to excel for pivot table analysis
Fast online server responses

Cons

No ability to import project files from other applications, excel / MSProject
Limited number of levels for sub-tasks

Response from BigTime Software

David,

Thanks so very much for posting a review for us here at BigTime. We really appreciate your thoughts and you're sharing them with us. We're pleased to hear that BigTime is helping you easily create staffers, projects, budgets, and reports and that you're getting some mileage from our exporting feature too. Regarding your cons, those are excellent ideas for Feature Requests, so we would definitely suggest that you do so! If you don't know how to submit a Feature Request, you can reach out to your Customer Success Rep, or directly to us here on the Customer Success Team.

Thanks again!
The BIgTime Customer Success Team

Brandie K.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Big Time Review

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Overall I like big time.... the customer service is quick and easy to work with

Pros

I enjoy the ease of the software and the accessibility for our employees

Cons

Setting up the software and getting the syncing to the correct quick books accounts was time consuming

Response from BigTime Software

Brandie,

Thanks so very much for taking the time to leave us a review here at BigTime - we sincerely appreciate your feedback! We are very happy that you're pleased with the software and it's accessibility for your employees - we work hard to make BigTime easy to use and it seems like you're reaping those benefits - what could be better?

While it does take a little work to get BigTime setup initially, we do have Customer Support Reps that can assist you with each and every step as needed and we have a Support Team standing by to help too, so please reach out to us if we can help in any way.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Darlene A.

Super Time and Billing System for Accountants

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Since I started using Bigtime, I am able to capture time and bill it more timely than before.
The customer service representatives are super knowledgeable, helpful and send articles from the Knowledge Base. For the price, I believe BigTime is a wonderful system that exceeds my expectations.

Pros

Bigtime has so many helpful features. The on-boarding training at the beginning was customized for my business and was invaluable. The features for time and entry and billing are easy to learn to use and there are many reports which can be customized. The customer service is a 5-star service, from the chat box to phone calls and emails. They teach you what you need to do to solve your issue and many times, they remote in to your computer and fix the problem. The integration with QuickBooks works very well and speeds up my invoicing process.

Cons

Customizing reports is not so easy as I wish it were. It doesn't seem like you can customize the layout of reports by inserting blank lines to make the reports easier to use.

• Customer Support Software

At last we could prioritize our client support in proper way

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

It was a good quick option to organize our support team billing.

Pros

One of our projects is in support stage.
Team of 15 people is still there on all lines of support.
The deal is that requests from our clients are coming at random moment of time and require from 1 hour to several days to handle.
I feel with BigTime it came to more order. Now we can form kind of backlog of client requests and also track time people spend for their processing. For clients that have series of similar requests, we are able to find past communication history and get all required stakeholders together to sort out things once and forever. From other side, some of clients have paid support contract with us. As they see how each of their requests is priced at the realtime they also prioritize their requests in more smart way.

Cons

I am unable to view most of reports on my mobile phone.
Also there's no way to create shortcuts for the most useful functions that sometimes are hidden deep inside the app.

Jennie G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

So glad I found BigTime!

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

We are just getting started with BigTime, so I can't speak yet to the changes it's made for our organization. However, if the enthusiasm my team has displayed about potential benefits BigTime can offer us is any indication, we are going to be very happy indeed! The BigTime sales rep was so helpful, friendly, responsive, and informative while he was walking us through the product demonstrations that I feel like I know the software fairly well even though my hands-on experience with it is still minimal. I think the biggest challenge will just be to get everything configured in a way that allows us to get the most out of it. Based on my experience with customer service, I have no doubt that they will help us over any hurdles that pop up if we need to reconfigure things at a later time.

Pros

- Dedicated, personalized customer service.
- Lots of customization options.
- Thorough training process to help us make the most of the software.
- Customers can make requests for software updates or changes, and BigTime is responsive to them.

Cons

- The grey, tan and orange color scheme, and I'm only mentioning that because I have to write something in this section!

Response from BigTime Software

Jennie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime - we value your opinion and the time it took to post the review. We're so pleased that you're finding the software easy to use and widely customizable - we work hard to make it so. We're also very pleased that you found the sales and training process smooth and enjoyable too. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can help you more in any way.

Cara L.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Big Time for UNS

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Pros

Big Time is very easy to use. We love that we can set up and assign projects and have it integrated with our consultants calendars. We love the timekeeping piece and reporting.

Cons

Setting up tasks and allocations for long term projects can be time consuming.

Robin S.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

could be better

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Pros

that things stay in place from one week to the next

Cons

have to write the same comments over and over - our last system saved comments to re-use

Response from BigTime Software

Robin,

Thanks for leaving us a review here at BigTime - we're very pleased that you're happy with your BigTime and we understand your cons 100%. You might consider submitting a Feature Request to have this feature added to BigTime. A great number of the current features we enjoy were suggested by users just like you and BigTime made the changes and now everyone can use them.

If you would like to submit a Feature Request, simply send an email to [email protected] Please make sure you put "Feature Request" in the subject line of the email when you send it and provide as much detail in the body of the email as possible so that we're sure that if and when we implement the feature, it is done properly. Our Development Team examines each Feature Request very carefully.

We hope this helps!

Rebecca M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

BigTime software review

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

We use Bigtime mostly for time and expense tracking and the software works quite well for that.

Pros

BigTime covers all of our needs for time and expense tracking as well as connectivity with QuickBooks. The reporting is quite robust as well.

Cons

The learning curve for BigTime is pretty steep. I spend a lot of time in the knowledge base, as well as with customer support. Once figured out, the functionality is great though. There are some bugs, but BigTime customer support is always on top of helping with correcting my software/reporting problems.

Response from BigTime Software

Rebecca,

Thanks again for posting a review for us here at BigTime! We're very happy that the software is covering all of your needs, it is a pretty extensive package, which is what makes the learning curve so steep. However, we're glad to hear that you're figuring it out and that our Support and Success teams have been helping! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help - we're always ready and willing to do so!

Thanks,

Stephanie M.

• Customer Support Software

My support rep was very responsive and addressed my concern.

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Pros

its easy to use and navigate. Support response quickly. And it's intuitive making it comfortable for all levels to use.

Cons

I don't import to an accounting package and would like to be able to mark time as paid in order to run an unbilled report.

Response from BigTime Software

Stephanie,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are very pleased that you've had a positive experience with our excellent Support Team - they really are among the best in the business. :) We're also happy that you find the interface easy and intuitive - we work hard to make it so.

Regarding your issue with being able to run a billed report, I'm afraid that the root of that issue has less to do with what accounting package you're using (or not using) and more to do with your current Big Time package. If you would like to upgrade to our Pro Package, then you would be able to run an unbilled report as soon as you're done invoicing.

If you would like some information about upgrading to Pro, please do not hesitate to reach out to us immediately - [email protected]

We hope this helps!
The Big Time Customer Success Team

Kristen S.

• Customer Support Software

Awesome customer service, product lacks in many ways

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Pros

I love that Big Time has the capability of integrating a variety of content that can help us organize systems and better perform.

Cons

I find that the software is not as customize-able as it appeared during our trial period. There are many things we can't do that we were hoping it could . This won't keep us from using the product but it has complicated the process for us.

Response from BigTime Software

Kristen,

Thanks for this review - we at BigTime really appreciate the time you've taken to provide us some feedback. We are very pleased to hear that your customer service has been excellent and we would love to know more about how you see the product lacking. We're adding new features constantly to BigTime, many of them submitted by our users just like you via Feature Requests.

Please feel free to reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can explain more about Feature Requests, or if we can help you more in any way.

Morgane N.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Helpful when you deal with multiple projects a day

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Pros

It helps keep on track of your different projects especially when each are billed separately

Cons

It wasn't as user friendly as I hoped. It took a while for everyone on the team to get trained on how to use it.

Response from BigTime Software

Morgane,

Thanks so much for posting a review for us here at BigTime - we really appreciate hearing from you. We are very pleased that you're finding BigTime helpful and that you're staying on track as a result of the software!

Regarding getting started, we have lots of free resources for training new users and of course, you can always reach out to your Customer Success Rep for more training. If you're not aware of who your Customer Success Rep is, please do reach out to us.

These links should prove helpful for training your new staff on entering time and expenses into BigTime:

There are many more, so please let us know if we can help further!

Thanks,

Trisha R.

Easy to Use and Great Tech Support

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

Pros

Each time I've needed Tech Support they've been able to fix the problems I was having really quick so I can continue working! Thank you!

Cons

There's nothing that I've come across about this software that I don't like. It's easy to use and customer support is wonderful!

Response from BigTime Software

Trisha,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your review here on Capterra - we really, really appreciate it here at BigTime! We're very pleased that everything is working so well for you with your BigTime and that our Support has been able to assist you - we work hard to have some of the best Support in the industry.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us to see if there's anything we can do to assist you more.

Tanya F.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and great customer service

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

So far it's been good. We are still ramping up and doing the initial set up of projects and phases and doing our migration.

Pros

It was easy to jump in and add to projects and company/staff info

Cons

Migration is always a headache no matter what system you are moving too.

• Customer Support Software

BigTime for Tracking time spent for each client

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Pros

We use BigTime in the office in order for us to keep track on the hours of work we dedicated for each client. I am handling different accounts (clients) in my line of business, and in order for us to ensure our client that we are billing them correctly, we track the duration of time we are consuming for each task for a certain client. BigTime is easy to use. It is a web-based platform that enables you to select the project, and put immediately how many hours and minutes you have used in order to complete a certain task for each client.

Cons

Whenever I submit my timesheet in BigTime, sometimes it adds more rows with corresponding hours. You need to be vigilant in submitting your hours because BigTime is not that 100% flawless.

Stephanie B.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Review of BigTime

Reviewed on 27/08/2020

Overall the experience with BigTime has been great. It will help us better manage our business.

Pros

Being able to forecast and see how employees will be busy for the next 6 months and beyond is key in being able to implement smart and effective staffing strategies. BigTime was very easy to implement, it is user friendly, and the onboarding training and support has been incredible.

Cons

I would like to see more options for report templates, I would also like to see the contact info for each employee to be more robust to eliminate the need for a separate HR tool.

Stefanie W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

BigTime Meets Unique Timekeeping Needs

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Overall, I am very pleased with the features offered by BigTime Premier. Their support staff is completely helpful and has efficiently helped us solve most issues. The overall system has the ability to be customized to our company's unique needs, including many features that other time keeping software seemed to lack (such as overriding custom billing rates per person per project depending on their role). Their robust reporting system also offers very valuable data, though it can take some time for users to acclimate themselves to how the reporting function operates. BigTime Premier continues to evolve and roll out new features, many of which have been very useful to our operations.

Pros

Flexible billing rate system (granular system allows custom rates for specific employees, projects, tasks, or other criteria); Reporting allows for various custom report configurations; Clean interface that is easy for time-entry users

Cons

Reporting is not the most intuitive, especially with different report types offering only certain fields; Permission groups are sometimes dependent on other permissions, occasionally allowing users access to items they should not see in order to be able to access some other features (ie: for users to alter custom bill rates on projects, they also have the ability to alter project information that should only be edited by admins)

Shawn B.

Highly Recommended!

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Pros

Excellent app. We have been using for 3 years and was the best investment. User interface is very intuitive, integrates easily with quickbooks and the customer support is EXCELLENT!

Cons

Have not really run into any issues this far!

Response from BigTime Software

Shawn,

Thanks so much for letting us know how things are going for you and for saying such wonderful things about us! We work hard to provide you the best service and product possible, and we're glad we're hitting the mark for OKB! :)

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions, comments, or issues!

Spencer J.

Strong Time Entry and Allocation Tools

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Pros

The program is user-friendly in terms of time entry, project management, budget tracking, and establishing allocations. It provides usable reports and graphic-based charts and graphs to aid in understanding and efficiently track project performance. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a very helpful resource as well!

Cons

As with many programs, there is a time-intensive learning curve to rolling this out across a team. We've found it improves efficiency in the long-term but is an adjustment considering its complexity.