4.3 (3,244)

Matthew
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Perfect for Remote Learning Scenarios

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

As my University shifted from face-to-face classes I became much more reliant on Moodle and I have now been using their integrations with blackboard collaborate to stream and host video lecturers. This is a must have platform for distance learning despite letdowns with the gradebook.

Pros

Moodle allows me to have a centralized repository of information for my course. I have now placed code, grades, course materials, powerpoints and even video lectures on my course container. My students have no excuses as they know to check Moodle for any course updates.

Cons

The gradebook is hard to use and I am a Computer Science Lecturer. It is difficult to configure and I really wished it were friendlier to non-techies.

Marco
Marco
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Leading open source e-Learning solution

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

We adopted Moodle in our company to setup an e-Learning plaform for training to both manufacturing and office employees (around 500). Most of our courses are related with production practices, quality and work instructions, and main supports are represented by professionally recorded footage, SCORM compliant. We're still at deployment phase, with massive upload of users (very convenient), definition of roles, and structuring of courses, but the platform itself feels very responsive, quick and efficient. Included features are very impressive, and can be easily enriched by available plugins, that allow a very tailored customization.

Pros

Moodle is the reference open source e-learning platform, with recognized robustness of its architecture and responsiveness of design. Offers very detailed configuration options, allowing complete customization upon your needs. Moodle community is extremely active, with wide availability of certified 3rd party plugins, and documentation for every step. Extremely good compatibility with most common media formats, and compatible with most common SCORM standard.
Being a pro-level platform, Moodle is ideal for both business and scholar deployments.

Cons

Require expertise in order to be installed on premise with proper secure configutarion (internal server / hosted VPS) and require training and documentation reading to really handle and customize the platform. Not for newbies.

Forma LMS and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

On premise (hosted VPS) solution was preferred because offers higher php customization options (like max upload file size), which is perfect if you need to upload footage. Moodle is the most complete open source on-premise solution. While fully hosted solutions generally limit the file size of uploaded files.
EARL

Great Platform

Reviewed on 20/05/2024

Pros

I liked the ease of access to Moodle. It made learning easier and fun!

Cons

I think it can get somewhat confusing when classes don't show up on the platform.

Response from Moodle

Hi Earl,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Moodle. We're pleased to hear that Moodle makes your learning easier and fun.

We are continuously working on improving platform to better meet your evolving needs.

Warmest regards,

David

Getting to know the Ancestor of the new Virtual Classrooms

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

It was a great way to start learning how to use a Virtual Clasroom, but I had to keep switching and integrating other platforms

Pros

It is a great way to remain distanced with students in th epersonal way which can be a positive thing for teachers like me.

Cons

It ensures very liitle contact with others and can be negative for a hands on Teachers... unlike myself.

Google Classroom and Sawyer

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

Because the School already had it

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

It was a matter of trying different things in order to become more cost effective at the company

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. BigBlueButton, the open-source web conferencing and virtual classroom is now a standard feature in Moodle LMS 4.0. It provides real-time sharing of audio, video, chat, slides, screen sharing, a multi-user whiteboard, breakout rooms, polling, and emojis. Learn more at: https://bit.ly/3HDycMq

Tembi

Moodle offers features comparable to big box LMS

Reviewed on 26/04/2024

So far I am loving my experience with Moodle. There is a lot of helpful information available online along with communities you can join on social media to learn more.

Pros

What I like most about Moodle is the plugins. You can customize the features you need using the plugins that people are creating.

Cons

Moodle does have a learning curve, to some people it may seem technical. It is helpful to have someone on your team who specializes in Moodle. Alternatively, there are several Moodle Partners and other companies that specialize in Moodle Configuration.

Response from Moodle

Hi Tembi,

We wanted to say a huge thank you for sharing your thoughts on Moodle. We're thrilled to hear that you see the potential in our platform! We want you to know that our team is working tirelessly to make sure that Moodle is always evolving and meeting your needs.
If you require support regarding LMS customisation, expansion, or improvement, we recommend getting in touch with our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers who offer 24/7 assistance. You can learn more about how they can assist you by visiting https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.

Warm regards,

Chamroeunrith
Chamroeunrith
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Moodle Still the best platform for Distance Learning

Reviewed on 29/10/2020

if we just using the moodle for normal use for internal school is fine, but if hosting for public is not so good with security and bandwidth as my experience and cost more on implementation, training, hosting services.

Pros

- alot of features if compare to another platform
- can coding for more module and integrated with many plugin
- more professional for higher education, especially for k9-k12, university.

Cons

well, moodle is require alot of IT resource to develop it according to the school need.
- teacher are require high knowledge of using it, also when hosting it slow and sometime during alot of access at the same time its slow.
- security also the concern problem for IT to consider too because its need to upgrade often for bug fix, and sometime during upgrade it caused error not accessible when we have the plugin integrated alot.

Google Classroom

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

well, copy the lesson to student via flash it make alot of problem especially virus, so we decided to use moodle instead, to reduce the risk of virus attack via flash usb.
Meena

• Customer Support Software

Moodle is a great tool for education department.

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Pros

Its great to use and easy to manage for both students and staff.

Cons

some features that i am still exploring, may be take a bit time to get use to.

Response from Moodle

Hi Meena,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Moodle. We're pleased to hear that you find Moodle easy to use for both students and staff.

To access our wealth of resources and support and engage in Q&A, the Moodle community awaits at https://moodle.org.

Moodle's array of Certified Partners and Service Providers are ready to tailor the platform to your organisation's specific requirements, ensuring you get all the benefits of Moodle without the complexity. Learn more at https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.
Best,

Heather

Educational Moodle

Reviewed on 18/05/2024

Pros

It was easily navigated and use was simple.

Cons

There were some features that were difficult to find

Response from Moodle

Hi Heather,

We appreciate you taking the time to review Moodle.

We are continuously working on improving Moodle to deliver the best possible learning environment. To discover the new and improved features of Moodle, including changes to UX/ UI, with our latest release, please visit https://moodle.com/moodle-4/.

If you want to customise or upscale your LMS to your organisation’s unique needs, you can contact our Moodle Certified Partners and Service Providers. Find more information here: https://moodle.com/solutions/certified-service-providers/.

Moodle Team

Gemmar

My Review in Moodle

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Overall, I have only little to no problems at all and most of it are positive about the app.

Pros

It supports most of my assessment tasks requested by my teacher, and it is easy to manage and organize my works.

Cons

The only thing that I'm concerned about the app is that it has limited integrations to other third-party applications used by the institution.

Response from Moodle

Hi Gemmar,

Thanks for sharing how Moodle supported your learning journey.

We continually strive to expand our integration capabilities and encourage institutions to explore the many available plugins that might meet their needs.

Best,

Sakshi
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

• Customer Support Software

I had a course on moodle

Reviewed on 18/06/2024

Pros

The main perspective of any platform to be the best is to deliver what is said and I got that on moodle I like the procedure which was easier to understand and there was no communication gap if any queries were there

Cons

The discount offers opinion that I would give on cons for moodle is the discount offer that they keep it is also good for some students but also sad for some students to get the same thing higher in price which their friend gets in some lower price and some time free also I think they should be a worth of everyone's pay for the course

Response from Moodle

Hi Sakshi,

Thank you for your detailed review of your experience with Moodle!

Warmest regards,

• Customer Support Software

A complete solution for blended learning!

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

I have implemented Moodle LMS for many industries including Colleges, Universities, Manufacturing, Retail, Career Development Centers, Online Training institutions, Information, Media & Entertainment industries. Except the product is an open-source, I do not see ANY issues. This can be hosted in Amazon Web Services or in Azure cloud, it can be hosted in client environment. Moodle can be integrated with any 3rd party (both inbound and outbound) applications as long as their APIs are exposed. This has lot of in-built plugins/tools to manage ILT Events and Sessions, Chats, Virtual Learning Environment tools, etc. I highly recommend this low-cost solution for any type of industry.

Pros

Moodle is a complete e-Learning platform for many industries. It is well-suited for Education Industry. I have implemented Moodle in the large universities and colleges in the world. Most inspiring features are
- the course section which can be grouped based on customized categories and sub-categories
- forum which can be associated with the topics at course level or at organization level
- Cohort which helps the institute to manage the batch-wise students group every year and can be promoted to next level without much manual efforts
- Question Bank which can accommodate more than 12 types of assessments and can also be integrated with other assessment management systems or plugins

Cons

There is no limitation on the features, since this is an open source application, we cannot use it for GxP contents in Life Sciences and may not comply with Banking/Insurance industries.

Blackboard Learn and Docebo

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Low-cost, highly flexible, scalable, robust, technical compatibility, user-friendly, no license cost
Adonay
  • Industry: Information Services

An excellent learning management system

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Although it was a bit difficult and had to figure it out on our own about the server setup, once it was working, the path to set up courses, integrating modules was pretty straight forward. Our already made SCORM resources were loaded without any major trouble and worked flawlessly.

Pros

It has lots of features 'right out of the box', setting it up once installed is relatively easy and it has a great community where you can find answers for almost every issue or 'how to setup X' you could find. Also, there are lots of modules made for the platform that integrate really well.

Cons

The recommended installation process (directly from server terminal) didn't work for us on any server we tried to deploy it. We ended setting all our instances via web (which is a very great option). Also, although they have lots of support about their features and setup, they don't have the same level of support on setting the platform under certain circumstances (at server level) like reverse proxies, nat, etc.

Opigno LMS and Chamilo

Reasons for Choosing Moodle

Mostly about costs. The blackboard platform use to have extended downtimes, so, we looked for something we can deploy on our own (or the client's) servers.

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Because we needed a tool that has easy to set up groups, assignments, lessons and related stuff no matter which industry it's intended for. Right now Moodle is doing it perfectly for schools as for business training. Also the gamification feature ads lots of value for the clients theses days.
Alan

Moodle - The Perfect Open Source LMS

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

I have used Moodle since 2005. I first introduced it to the school district I worked in. After its introduction, it became the number one online source for teachers, students, and parents. I based my doctoral thesis on the use of Moodle in our school district. I've also used it over the years, as an educational consultant, part-time college faculty remember, and educational trainer.

Pros

First off the software is free. If you have a server, either hosting yourself or hosting service, you can easily set up a Moodle. With a little experience, you are able to have your class up and running in no time. Easily import information into your course. Finally, there are numerous free plugins that enhance your course.

Cons

The biggest problem is if you find a plugin that you can use in your course if you don't have access to the backend to install you may run into problems with whoever administers the Moodle to install the plugins.

Google Classroom

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Google Classroom just didn't offer all the additional addons that Moodle has to offer. Also, managing, merging, importing into Moodle is by far more powerful than what Google Classroom has to offer. The only thing that puts Google Classroom above Moodle is that more people are familiar with Google. Also, more companies have embraced integrating into Google Classroom. If you want more of a repository of information without the more student-centered approach then going with Google Classroom would work. However, if you want a more interactive experience for your students, Moodle outshines any other product.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

The free Software that saved my Education

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

As an African student who managed to get a Scholarship to study in India during the Pandemic, it sounded almost impossible to continue my education. I was back home sending emails to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at my Uni practically every week regarding travel restrictions, and his response was always, "The school got it covered; you will be able to learn from home." Previously, I knew people with terrible experiences with online education, so I was scared the same thing would apply to me. The school had already opened an account for every student, My first day in class was fantastic. My course materials, classroom links , deadlines for submission, quizzes, and so many features that made my education transition smooth. Now I'm in India thanks to Moodle; I did my quiz today during halftime of football with no difficulties. that is how much Moodle has helped me so far.

Pros

Whether you are a student, Lecturer, Employer, or Employee, Moodle has almost everything traditional Education can offer. The fact that it notifies me about my deadlines is a win, and it's almost impossible to miss out on submissions; I can easily track every step I have made through my educational journey with just one login. It also allows you to choose what you want to appear on your dashboard. And for professionals, Moodle is highly secured, allows you to be versatile and offers good Customer support.

Cons

I feel the software can be made more attractive to student. Though most people use it for educational purposes, I personally think there is still room to make it more attractive.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. In Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4.0's fresh and intuitive user experience. https://bit.ly/3bgVsDC Regards.

Sean

5 Year Student Experience with Moodle

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Overall, Moodle has been a (necessary) help throughout my time in higher education. It's great when professors want it to be great, but without their development efforts, it's pretty lackluster and reflects poorly on them.

Pros

Our university portal was a skinned version of Moodle, and when set up correctly, it provided a streamlined experience with access to all course materials, forums, and grades. It's lightweight and easy to navigate. As a TA, I found that the backend was equally simple, though some professors clogged it with information that led to a bloated administrative experience.

Cons

The software is only as good as the professor (or page administrator) wants it to be. Those that go the distance are able to offer a streamlined complement to the learning experience, in-depth feedback, and supplement the class with online resources. Professors that did not take the time to do this left us with a barebones skeleton of a page that seemed to reflect disinterest in interacting with the students.

Soorya

• Customer Support Software

Product is great but extending, deployment and customization requires

Reviewed on 27/05/2021

Overall we liked the features provided by Moodle but not the whole experience of setting it up as per our requirement and deployment.

Pros

Moodle comes with power packed features that any elearning company can build upon. For any modern enterprise building on EdTech and Learning/Training domain, Moodle covers most aspects of our business.

The product itself is open source which means we do not have to pay for the software. However we were not able to go much further on our own and eventfully had to hire a vendor and consultants to customize and the costs shot up drastically!

Cons

The software definitely requires technical experts/consultants who understand it's architecture and will be able to customize or extend the features/design.

We had to hire external consultants to fix a lot of issues and not a really pleasant experience for small company like ours.

Drupal

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

We considered drupal as an alternative as it's also open source and we can customize content. But it lacked a lot of in-built features like Moodle
Eladio
Eladio

• Customer Support Software

A powerful, yet old tool

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Moodle is a powerful tool. A good and unexpensive alternative. But even if you choose a modern theme it will feel old and ugly.

Pros

Most powerful LMS in the market. No other tool has such a wide set of tools and customization options.

Cons

Short answer: hard to use and the interface is horrible
Long answer:
- For the students: the interface is not user friendly at all. Messy, full of buttons and unnecessary information. The onboarding is tough for many.
- For the teachers: it is hard to grasp all the basic functions and upload resources. There are few tools to make batch changes. Maintenance is a pain.
- For IT: hard to deploy. It is the WP version of the LMS world, but tougher.

Podia , LearnDash , Tutor LMS , Kajabi , and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to Moodle

Price and flexibility. Particularly, the options to create online quizzes
Luis Carlos
Luis Carlos

The standard on what an e-learning platform should provide

Reviewed on 11/03/2022

The first time I used Moodle it was probably six years ago, as a student. I like how it came a long way on improving its user friendliness without sacrificing on features, now that I use it as a professor. When ever I think about an e-learning or education management platform, it is what comes to my mind first.

The reason why I don't give it a 5 star rating is because some competitors have also came a long way on improving, may a little bit further, in the past few years. Specially when it comes to student's user interface, there are some alternatives that I've worked with that are more appealing to a young audience.

Still, as for me, it does everything that I need it to do, exactly how I need it to do it.

Pros

This software has exactly what you would expect and most likely need from an e-learning management platform. No less, no more. That means there are no weird options here and there and it is not trying to reinvent the wheel.

Cons

The user interface seems a little dated, specially when you consider a lot of the target audience are teenagers / young adults who want everything to be flashy.

Regards.

Dianne

• Customer Support Software

Superb solution but difficult to set up

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

I consult to clients who have tried to implement Moodle and recognise it's value but are struggling to get a practical, organised system. There are human issues of acceptance and the system isn't used, or the opposite where they have "created a monster" that is unwieldy. Once the system is structured correctly, and staff are trained in the right way to get the most benefit, it is always beneficial. Expensive paid systems force the client management team to go through a formal process of implementation including culture and planning, but a free system is often simply installed without strategy planning about how it is going to be used.

Pros

Moodle is opensource, and therefore inexpensive and low risk to test. If a company is considering eLearning, this should be your first option as a pilot. No pre-planning is as good as actual experience. The difficulty does not lie with the software, but that an eLearning system is a complex activity and is expected to meet the needs of very different users - different education levels, different technology capabilities and with different learning methods. Moodle shows if your company is ready for eLearning, and quickly gets you up and running. A lot of older training materials are in PDF, powerpoint and other formats, and Moodle allows "drag-and-drop" and importing of zip files or SCORM files.

Cons

This is difficult to set up, particularly if you want to make use of the assessments. You need to define your users and your strategy up front or it can become a muddle with different departments adding "courses". In a way it is almost TOO is easy to use, and individual departments create a "course" and add new categories, and dump hundreds of file with no categorisation. Most Moodle systems will need to be reorganised and "cleaned up" regularly if allowed to grow organically.

Janith
Janith

Experience the Power of Moodle: A Review of the Popular LMS

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Moodle is a popular learning management system (LMS) that is used by educators and learners in a variety of settings. It is highly customizable and flexible, and includes a range of tools for organizing and delivering course materials, creating and grading assignments and assessments, and tracking student progress. Moodle is also known for its collaboration features, including forums and wikis, which can be useful for building a sense of community among students and instructors. In addition, Moodle includes tools for tracking progress, such as grades and completion status, which can be useful for students to stay motivated and track their own learning, and for educators to monitor student progress and identify areas where students may need additional support.Overall, Moodle is a comprehensive and user-friendly LMS that is widely used in a range of educational settings. It is highly customizable and flexible, and includes a range of tools for delivering and managing online courses, as well as for supporting collaboration and progress tracking. These features make Moodle a valuable resource for educators and learners seeking to support online learning and achieve educational goals.

Pros

Here are some of the pros of Moodle:1.Customizability: Moodle is highly customizable, which means that it can be tailored to meet the specific needs of different institutions and departments. This can be a valuable feature for educators who want to create a unique and personalized learning experience for their students.2.Flexibility: Moodle can be used to support a wide range of learning activities, including traditional coursework, online quizzes, collaborative projects, and self-paced learning. This makes it a versatile tool for educators to use in different contexts.3.Collaboration: Moodle includes a number of built-in tools that support collaboration and communication between students and instructors, such as forums and wikis. These can be useful for collaborative assessments, where students work together to complete a project or presentation.4.Tracking progress: Moodle includes tools for tracking progress, such as grades and completion status. This can help students to stay motivated and track their own learning, and can also be useful for educators to monitor student progress and identify areas where students may need additional support.5.Large and active user community: Moodle has a large and active user community, which can be a valuable resource for educators and administrators seeking support and guidance in using the platform.6.Moodle is an open-source learning management system (LMS), that it is freely available for anyone to download and use.

Cons

Here are some potential cons of Moodle:Complexity: Some users may find Moodle to be a complex platform, with a large number of features and options that can be overwhelming or confusing. This may be particularly true for educators who are new to using an LMS, or for those who are looking for a more simple and straightforward platform. Customization requires technical expertise: While the customizability of Moodle can be a positive feature, it may also be a drawback for organizations or institutions that do not have the technical expertise or resources to fully customize the platform. Customizing Moodle may require programming skills or the use of third-party plugins, which can be time-consuming and require ongoing maintenance. Limited integrations: Moodle may not have as many integrations with other platforms and tools as some other LMSs, which can limit the capabilities and functionality of the platform. Lack of support for mobile devices: Some users have reported that Moodle is not as well-suited for use on mobile devices as some other LMSs, which can be a drawback for students and educators who rely on mobile devices for learning.

Melanie
Melanie
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

As a student...

Reviewed on 19/10/2023

I think it's something teachers love for practicality and time, but honestly I miss paper and pens to be in touch with the real world.

Pros

I use moodle since covid, the favorite platform of the universities, at the beginning I found it complicated to use and manage, so it took me time to adapt to the system. Having to remember to log in to put attendance or delivery times stressed me a lot, but I got over it with time and accepted my destiny.

Cons

I don't like that it only sends me notifications when it wants to and not what you ask it to ask for. I find it complicated to find my final grades, I am never clear about my score. On the other hand I hate that I don't have a lot of tolerance time to enter and that in a short time I leave the session.

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. For any technical assistance, you can reach out to Moodle Certified Partners or Service Providers.

Regards,

• Customer Support Software

Moodle has been one of the best tools I have ever implemented in my high school courses!

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

I think I stated most if not all the benefits in the "pro" section.

It's a great time saver once...

I think I stated most if not all the benefits in the "pro" section.

It's a great time saver once courses are set up.
I can see the stats on my students' involvement with the various parts of it.
I can cut down paper work by having files submitted electronically.
I can use rubrics of my own design to quickly grade programming assignments
I can mark up PDF submissions on the screen to give feedback.
I can moderate discussions and teach students how to speak in a forum setting.
I can provide more opportunities for students to think and produce more creatively.
I can enjoy creating my own materials!

Pros

Moodle allows me to provided a blended learning environment for my students. I use it for AP Statistics, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, and Integrated Math 1. I can post assignment schedules, additional readings, links to off-site materials, etc. just as I did in my web pages in the past. However, it also allows me to assign "lessons" that my students do interactively online, discussion boards where they have to write their thoughts coherently, and assignments where students upload files for me to review and grade.

It has become an important communication tool for me to use with both students and parents outside school hours. No student can say they forgot their book at school or don't remember the assignment because texts and assignments are online in Moodle. Parents can see what their students are doing in my class academically and not just the grades they receive.

Moodle has become more important to my teaching than the textbook. All resources can be found in one place and students can interact with the materials, each other, and me in class and outside class.

We have even implemented a computer lab and device reservation system for teachers in Moodle which has saved our librarians a ton of hours of work each week.

Cons

Moodle is not intuitive to the novice. It took some time for me to learn how to use its many features and implement them well. I have been doing this for at least 8 years, but I am still learning more about the system and its capabilities.

As the server administrator, doing upgrades has always been problematic. I don't think an upgrade has ever gone smoothly. The reason I stick with it is because I haven't found a LMS that can offer me as much as Moodle. Plus, it's free and we can run it in-house.

karan

• Customer Support Software

Best tool for learning management

Reviewed on 17/12/2022

My overall experience with Moodle has been positive. I have found the platform to be very user-friendly and easy to navigate. I have been able to quickly create and manage my courses, as well as customize them to meet my specific needs. The platform also offers many helpful features, such as activity completion tracking, grade book, attendance tracking, and more. The customer service team has been responsive and helpful when I’ve had questions or needed assistance. Overall, I’ve found Moodle to be a great tool for creating, managing, and delivering course content.

Pros

1. Easy to Use: Moodle's interface is user-friendly and intuitive for both students and instructors. It doesn't require any special technical skills to use the software. 2. Flexible: Moodle is highly flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of most organizations. It offers a variety of features that can be tailored to fit any organization's learning goals. 3. Cost-Effective: Moodle is open-source software, meaning it is free to use. This makes it a cost-effective option for organizations that want to use a Learning Management System without breaking the bank. 4. Secure: Moodle is secure and reliable, ensuring the safety of user data. All data is encrypted, and there are numerous security measures in place to protect against data breaches. 5. Scalable: Moodle is designed to be scalable, making it easy to add more users or features to the system as needed. It can also be used with other systems, such as Google Apps for Education, to create a comprehensive learning environment.

Cons

1. It can take a long time to set up a course in Moodle, especially if the course is large and complex.2. The cost of implementing and maintaining Moodle can be high.3. Moodle does not offer an easy way to integrate with other systems, such as third-party applications or data sources.4. Some features are difficult to find and use.

Jim Paul
Jim Paul

Moodle as a Platform for Learning Management Systems

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

I've been using Moodle for quite some time now, and I could say that so far, it has disappointed me. This is the solution educators are looking for to automate their teaching-related tasks. Also, it's the perfect application tool to bridge disconnected learners due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Distance learning has been made easier, more,enjoyable, and activity-filled! This is the future of education and now is the best time to start familiarizing ourselves with learning management systems. Why look for another platform when Moodle is the best. This is open education offered by Moodle making it free and accessible to all regardless of gender, age, status, or race. Keep it up, Moodle. Way to go!

Pros

Moodle has been my go-to platform in building my own offline LMS. Since I got trained about using Moodle, I started loving it especially now that it has been a big help for us teachers to tide over distance education.

I find the features and elements of this software as excellent for developing LMS. The fact that a lot of third party applications can be integrated to it makes this application tool top of the line. Teachers need this to make the teaching and learning process much more convenient and interesting.

With Moodle, teachers can make use of multimedia tools to pique the interest of students for a more meaningful and fun way of learning their lessons.

Cons

To be honest, Moodle is the best LMS software out there. It has all the things an educator needs to integrate ICT in their instruction. However, navigating through different buttons and functions can be a little tricky that anyone who's interested to build their own LMS through this platform should undergo a tedious job of studying and learning tutorials in using it. Although, for a person like me who's not so tech-savvy, I could say that once you get the hang of it, creating your own learning system will be a breeze.

To the company, you can still intensify your customer support to make your tutorial and troubleshooting services available to Moodle LMS enthusiasts to provide ease in using this great education software. Kudos!

Claudine
Claudine
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Efficient and Engaging LMS

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Using Moodle as our go-to LMS ensures that we can reach our employees across 15 different countries. The reporting is great to track the completion for different business units.

Pros

Moodle is constantly upgrading the platform with new and exciting functionalities added. The look and feel are easy to customize.The navigation page is easy for users to search and find courses. Enrolling users is simple. Loading courses is easy.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about it.

Skillsoft

Response from Moodle

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. At Moodle, we are constantly working on new ways to improve our solutions to deliver the best learning outcomes. Discover Moodle 4 's fresh and intuitive user experience and capabilities. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWB6xEOfG1k . For any technical assistance, you can reach out to Moodle Certified Partners or Service Providers.

Regards,