Flipcause

Flipcause helps nonprofits with online fundraising campaigns

4.7 /5 (127 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.6
Sue K.
Company size: Self Employed

So Thankful for Flipcause!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Due to the fact that we do not have a paid staff to assist with everything right now, having this service for such a low price has made our life so much easier! We are an all-volunteer, start-up nonprofit. Having a quality website, easy way of tracking donations and amazing ability to create campaigns has been worth every penny!

Pros

Amazing value with a quality product and outstanding service!

Cons

No way to send mass emails to contacts. Have to use Mail Chimp and it is difficult to use with the majority of our lists and tags are set up in Flipcause.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Sue, thank you so much for leaving us a review! We are thrilled to hear we've been able to make your life easier and provide you with outstanding service, that's what we're here for! And we hear you about mass emailing. It's on our roadmap to release this feature and we can't wait. I'll be sure to let you know when we're closer to a release date. In the meantime don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!

Hands down this is the best tool for small nonprofits .... a must have!

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

Integrates in one place your website, various campaigns (events, donations, volunteers, etc.), donor management, and payment processing. Much less expensive than using separate tools. Fabulous support and service!

Cons

Still in development and so sometimes the campaign tools don't have the degree of flexibility to do very specific tasks, eg.: In-kind donations without payment processing (I did a work-around in Volunteer); Pay-at-the-door option for event registration. But the Flipcause staff is excellent in either creating the tool or showing me a work-around.

Response from Flipcause

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that our support team has been able to help you get the most out of our tools. We are always looking to make improvements and your feedback is valuable in guiding those changes. We are currently working on some updates with the goal of making our campaign tools more flexible, we are excited to share those updates soon. As for Pay-at-the-door option for event registration, great news, we have launched our Flipcause LIVE Mobile App and card reader that would be able to accept payments during an event! You can call us at 800-523-1950 or email your Success Manager and they can get you set up with a card reader for your next event.

Nancy B.

I am not a tech person but FlipCause is so easy to use.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

I love everything about FlipCause. Ease of updating the website, blog. Online donations are easy. Donor data collection amazing. Crowdfunding a piece of cake. Customer service is excellent. I LOVE FlipCause.

Cons

What I like least about FlipCause is that more people aren't using it. I don't remember how I came across FlipCause but I am so happy I did. NEVER a problem, thus no cons.

Katie M.

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

We formally had website, CRM, crowd funding and donation processing spread over four platforms. Having an all-in-one system has been a time and money saver! I love how we get a personalized team to help us keep things running smoothly.

Cons

I wish there was a system that allowed us to send out bulk emails, as well as an app that allowed us to access donor info on mobile devices.

Julia W.
Industry: Performing Arts

We've used Flipcause for almost a year, and are very happy with it! It makes so many tasks easier!

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

The customer service is excellent - I love that I can send a request to my concierge to set up an event or a class, it will be set up quickly AND I can log in and fiddle with it myself, to make it just how I want it. Best of both worlds! I also love the fact that donors, ticket buyers, students have the option to cover the credit card fees. So many of our constituents have taken advantage of this feature that we have more than covered the cost of the service!

Cons

There are so many options and features available that sometimes set up can be a little clunky. Sometimes I wish there were some "streamlined" options. And occasionally, there is verbiage that I wish I was able to customize.

All In One Solution for Non profits

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Pros

The integration of all of the tools and resources, in addition, to the easy to pull reporting. Everything is centralized which decreases the time needed to do the daily to weekly updates, changes etc.

Cons

No cons to this platform outside of maybe the cost but it provides the value and in the end, is worth every penny.

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Just what we needed

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

Flipcause is easy to set up, allows us to run multiple campaigns at once, and pull comprehensive reports with a few clicks. They even offer a data import service from Flipcause into eTapestry that saves staff time (for an additional cost).

Cons

Not 100% intuitive at the beginning, there is a slight learning curve. Reports can be cumbersome if you don't set them up for your specific needs/purposes. The default appearance/fonts can be somewhat clunky, but customizable.

Tom M.

Awesome company that has saved us a lot of money and enabled our charity to reach many more doners.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

Easy to use, prompt and friendly customer service, saved us a ton of money. Been using for over two years and have recommended them to many other charities.

Cons

I have nothing to complaint about at all. Whenever we experience a problem, which is rare, their customer service is there for us.

Victoria W.

Great customer service and support for a sleek and easy-to-use donation portal.

Reviewed on 30/01/2017

I am so thankful that I found out about Flipcause back in 2015. My nonprofit's website benefited immensely from the software, which gave us a smooth, sleek, and easy-to-use donation portal far better than that offered by Paypal. The Flipcause portal asked donors if they wanted to cover transaction fees with their donations to ensure we received 100% of intended donations. The donation portal also gave users the option to make recurrent donations and generated donor receipts for those who wanted them for their tax records. WHENEVER I had a question, I could send an email or make a phone call and get a near-immediate response. Fortunately, I did not have many questions because the software was easy to incorporate into our nonprofit's Wordpress site-- it was all highly intuitive. Thank you Flipcause for making my life as the President of a young nonprofit easier. I would highly recommend your products to anyone looking for similar features.

Jennifer R.

Great easy software lots of support.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

Support when needed and easy to work with. Lowest commision of any other support systems for people paying us.

Sephora F.

Flipcause Review

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Such great support and customer service! Flexible, friendly, and competent.

Pros

Easy to use and great technical support. Everything I need all in one place.

Cons

Can't copy and paste photos, have to upload them each time

James C.

Great Fundraising Product

Reviewed on 01/02/2017

Flipcause is a great product with a plethora of fundraising tools. We really liked how they offer service to nonprofits who are 100% volunteer run, showing they are committed to helping and serving organizations, not just looking to charge and arm and a leg like some other companies. The tools are easy to use and look great on your website. Unfortunately we are in need of a full CRM and Flipcause does not have this at this time and still are unsure when they will develop it.

Response from Flipcause

Hi James, thank you for your feedback. We are excited to announce that we have launched our CRM Beta., check out more information here: https://www.flipcause.com/crm. We'd love for you to give it a try and give us feedback on improving the tool. If you are interested, give us a call at (800) 523-1950.

Kimberly V.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Our experience has been in the "this is too good to be true" category truly grateful for Flipcause!

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

We were able to launch a fresh website and were "live," receiving memberships and subscriptions within weeks of signing the contract with Flipcause greatly improving the experience of our members in their interaction with us. We are hopeful about the future because of the amazing products Flipcause is offering and it seems like they are putting new campaigns online all the time. I can't wait to see what they make available next!

Pros

We love how easy it is to interact with Flipcause from editing our website to entering data to printing reports and to managing funds. We also have taken advantage of the form creator to help improve our ease of correspondence with authors.

Cons

We are looking forward to the launch of customer service software, which will help us be in frequent contact with people who are interacting with us through the website.

Aaron S.

SATISFIED CUSTOMER

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 06/09/2019

FANTASTIC

Pros

THE FRIENDLINESS OF THE TEAM AND THEIR CONCERN FOR EXCELLENCE.

Cons

THERE IS NOTHING THAT I CAN THINK OF THAT WOULD FALL IN THE CON COLUMN.

Caleb K.

Flipcause has been a vital asset to our growing nonprofit.

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Pros

The ease of making campaigns and integrating them to our website, the quick response from the support team, and running/viewing our reports.

Cons

I have no complaints about the Flipcause software so far. I would love to see an email campaign option in the future.

Rostane G.
Industry: International Trade & Development

Awesome product... But you have to be ready to use it !

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

It's one of the best experiences I've had for a donation tool, it's really rich and easy to use, please go for the trial at lease, you'll love if you're ready to invest.

Cons

That's the less good part... it has a cost !
All the tools are awesome but you have to be an experienced organization that is ready to invest on it. If you do, looks like you will not regret it.

Anne D.
Company size: Self Employed

Flipcause is an "answer to prayer"

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Overall experience is AWESOME.

Pros

I love the SUPPORT most of all with Flipcause. Call or email ANYTIME. Their staff is GOOD. I am very happy I choose Flipcause.

Cons

I cant' think of anything. I really like the support.

Annika S.

Website is great!

website!

Pros

Weebly website helps a lot and staff is helpful. When you email staff members they answer fast and help.

Cons

We do not use really any features of Flipcause besides the website. So the rest of the resources are not beneficial.

Our event was a total success.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 15/02/2018

Pros

Gives user agency in setting up own page for peer to peer. The bar that tracks fundraising progress.

Cons

Each time that you edit a tab you have to hit save to advance to the next section, even if you have made no changes. Difficult to make many edits at once.

Alberto O.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Flipcause has been super useful in so many ways

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Aside from the already-mentioned help with reporting, fundraising, and volunteer management, I feel that having a more intuitive web presence has helped legitimize us in the local non-profit community. We may have been around for 40 years, but our old website looked even older. This site has helped us communicate better with those that need us the most.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it has helped organize our financial collection efforts. Before , our website could not process payments. Little did we know that we had many people that were willing to join our group, donate to our cause, and provide feedback. Flipcause has helped us with these passive collection efforts, increasing our donations dramatically. Is this the only thing I love? No! The volunteer management, communications, and reports are all worth a review in their own right. Their staff is very talented and responsive.

Cons

Some screens, when selected, take the end user to some redundant screens (Eg., the volunteer signup page has two stops that are not needed). All features can be customized and the options are sometimes not in intuitive locations... but their staff is always there to help point you in the right direction.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Alberto, thank you so much for your review! We're so happy to hear that using Flipcause has helped you to better connect with your community and increase your donations. That's our mission!

And thank you for your feedback on the redundant pages, I'll be sure to bring this to our Product team to see how we can improve this for you.
Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can do to help.

Robert C.

Flipcause is on the Rise

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Our organization is utilizing Flipcause to track our contacts and donors as well as for our website, website updates, and events. Customer service and Team [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been outstanding, patient, and helpful. This by far has been the greatest experience we have had with onboarding and CRM software

Pros

Flipcause is easy to use, intuitive, inviting, well designed and great for the overall small non profit user with great customer service support.

Cons

Flipcause does not yet have some of the functionality of the larger CRM software, but what they have done they have done well. I look forward to the increasing capabilities.

Nate B.

5A Elite loves Flipcause

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

With Flipcause, we are now able to manage fundraising and registration like the big companies at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

What I like most is, because we are a small organization, we don’t have the capacity to assign a staff member to fundraising. With Flipcause, we have a dedicated support team who make every step in every process easy to manage. I also like the fact that the look is very professional and gives the appearance that our organization is bigger than it actually is, which leads to increased fundraising sng.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes a really long time to update in the dashboard. Also, there are a lot of features that I just don’t know about and so I don’t feel like we are able to utilize the software to it’s full capabilities.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Nate,
Thank you so much for leaving us a review. We love hearing that your support team feels like an extension of your staff, that's what we aim to do!
And thank you for your feedback on how we can improve. We are always working on speed optimization of the Dashboard, so please let us know if you continue to have issues with slow updates so we can let our team know.
As for learning about new features, this year we launched a "What's New" button at the top right corner of the Dashboard to highlight updates and new features. Be sure to check that out and if there's anything else we can do to assist, don't hesitate to let us know!

Joann L.

Great fundraising platform at a good value

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

We have raised a lot of donations and paid less for the transactions than when we used other fundraising platforms.

Pros

The software is easy to use, so our non-development staff can create their own fundraising campaigns. The cost and the transactions fees are also very low compared to what I found with other fundraising platforms. The customer service folks also always respond very quickly and are helpful.

Cons

I have suggested to Flipcause that they combine the Donation level selection page, Personal information entry page, and Card information entry page into one page. Less clicking for potential donors. They responded positively to my suggestion and are passing it on to their development team for a future update.

Mary C.
Industry: Environmental Services
Company size: Self Employed

A wonderful tool for our organization, plus a fantastic success team!

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

Pros

Flipcause is easy to use to create eye-catching, engaging campaigns. We have used Flipcause campaigns to create fundraising platforms and register participants for events. We began using Flipcause several years ago and have not had any problems with the software.

The Flipcause employees (success team) are fantastic. They are responsive and help answer any questions in a timely manner. We are currently moving our outdated website over to a new Weebly platform through the Flipcause website package. The process has been easy, and the new website looks wonderful.

Flipcause is an excellent resource for our small non-profit organization.

Cons

My only suggestion for improvement is related to the reports for various campaigns. If you want to figure out the amount of transaction fees, this requires you to do an extra step to subtract the amount received from the total of the transaction. It could be improved for the user to more clearly show a total of transaction fees on reports.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Mary,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so happy to hear that we've been able to support your organization in creating campaigns, registering participants for events and now updating your website! We love hearing that your Success Team has been responsive and able to give you the support you need. Thank you also for your suggestion on how we can improve reports. Reporting upgrades is on our roadmap and I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Nancy B.

Flipcause is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

My experience with Flipcause has been wonderful.

Pros

This software is so incredibly easy to use. It is intuitive. We were a beta user for the CRM and I love our new database. Super simple to use. Making changes to our website is easy, also very intuitive. I actually can't believe that this product is not #1 in the industry. It is easy to use and the customer service is excellent. Any question I have is answered within the day and I have even called after hours and had customer support. I can't say enough good about Flipcause. I love them.

Cons

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. This product is great. The customer service is excellent.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Nancy,
Thank you so much for the review! We're so happy to hear what a great experience you've had with us. We're so glad you've found the platform easy to use and that we've been able to provide excellent customer service, that's what we strive to do!