Flipcause

Flipcause helps nonprofits with online fundraising campaigns

4.7 /5 (129 reviews) Write a Review!

Linda S.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Using Flipcause

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

The Flipcause team has always been very professional whenever we had to contact them. They have always been supportive and I really appreciated their quick responses whenever we had a question or a problem with our website.

Pros

First, I appreciated the help that we received for developing our website. Second, when there was ever a problem, the Flipcause team was readily available within a few hours and sometimes we received the support immediately.

Cons

I wish we knew immediately when we received a donation.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Linda,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear that we've been able to support your organization in developing your website. We also love hearing that your Success Team has been responsive and able to give you the support you need. As for knowing immediately when you receive donations, the option to receive immediate email notifications is available. Looking into this, it looks like you have us on your spam filter. Be sure to check your spam folder and remove us from the list, and you should receive those emails. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need any assistance with this, or if there's anything else we can do to help!

Theresa C.

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause is an AWESOME platform and so incredibly easy to use. Pledge fulfillment is a breeze!

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

My accountant LOVES the reports I can generate for each campaign. I can easily create mailing lists, track donor gifts, and use the data to increase donor pledges. The web site is super simple to create with drag and drop elements. Customer service is top notch and the company is constantly finding ways to make a great product even better!

Cons

Ummmm... they just updated some functionality so this may be out of date (I haven't gone in to see the new dashboard) but it would be super duper to save graphic elements in the platform so you can build a gallery of photos and design elements instead of always having to upload them.

Karen F.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause makes running a small nonprofit so easy

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

By switching to Flipcause we eliminated using Eventbrite (for registration), PayPal (for payment processing), WordPress (for website design), Donorsnap (for donor record management ... very powerful program but overkill for our small organization). I'm waiting for the last consolidation and the elimination of Constant Contact (for mass email).

Pros

I'm using Flipcause with 2 nonprofits I manage ... and love it. So handy to have event registration, sponsorship, volunteers, payment processing AND a friendly website all in one place. The team is always willing to help me customize a campaign for an odd-ball task like exhibit space reservation, and is always trying to update and improve the functionality.

Cons

Some people have thought our website to be less professional looking than it could. Would love to get it to that level of appearance, but without knowing programming codes ... is this even possible?

Response from Flipcause

Hi Karen,
Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear Flipcause has allowed you to consolidate all of your needs (event registration, payment processing, website editing, and donor management) all in one place, that's our goal! Mass emailing is definitely on our Roadmap and we can't wait to release it in the future. I'll be sure to let you know when we're close to a release date.

As for your website, I will have our web team reach out to you directly to see how we can help you get your website to the level you're looking for! Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else we can do to support you!

Sandy F.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

• Customer Support Software

simple, user-friendly, exactly what we needed WHEN we needed it

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Other than an awesome website, a whole team of people there to help make my non-profit look better, and a super-easy way for our donors to interact with us? Not too much :)

Pros

Flipcause is the best service provider that I've ever encountered! At a time that the non-profit I work with needed a little boost with some of the services we were offering, but didn't know how to get there.... then came Flipcause. **Cue Angels and the Chorus** Events are easy to put out to the world, donations are streamlined, and even our website is able to be included. Have a question? Ask it. They're there for you. Need help putting an event out there? Ask it. Don't have time to put all the pieces of your event out into the world? They've got your back. As someone who has worked with a different companies that have all the pieces spread all around, this is the *BEST* because everything is all.right.here. One stop shop. And friendly. And our non-profit budget can manage it. Just do it. Hop on the 'why flipcause' call. You won't regret it!

Cons

Literally nothing. If I *HAD* to say a least, it's that it's not immediate. And that's on me... usually because I forgot to send them something... but it's as close to immediate as you can get when dealing with a company (literally 24 hours usually)!

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause will have you back-flipping with joy!

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Our experience with Flipcause to date has been overwhelmingly favorable. The support team that services our account is always available in a timely manner, and whenever we connect with a member of the team, the issue at hand is swiftly resolved.

Pros

As a VERY small nonprofit organization, our team searched extensively for a partnering entity that would allow us to manage and track activity as efficiently and economically as possible. Thanks to Flipcause's excellent user interface, bargain pricing and UNSURPASSED customer service, our goals have been achieved.

Cons

In my personal experience, there is nothing that I dislike. That notwithstanding, I very much look forward to the day when Flipcause launches its full-up CRM platform.

Vivian A.

• Customer Support Software

Your team is always available and they provide excellent help.

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Pros

Easy to use and adaptable to our website. Reports for all donations and student fees is easy to access. Our staff find it a great program.

Cons

Some features are not available. For example, we would like to use it for Donor information and tracking.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Vivian, thank you for your feedback. Great news, we recently launched our CRM beta which can be used to track donor information. Here's more information on our CRM beta: https://www.flipcause.com/crm. If you have any questions or concerns about CRM give us a call at 800-523-1950 or email your success manager.

Anya W.
  • Industry: Fine Art

• Customer Support Software

Great product in theory but still working out kinks

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

I'd recommend Flipcause to a medium-sized, well-established non-profit looking for something new in the fundraising software market. Flipcause isn't that great for start-up non profits with small budgets and low donor activity.

Pros

Customer service is great. The option to allow donors to take on the card processing fee is fantastic. Product has a lot to offer, features-wise.

Cons

Company is still growing so some tools are not in place yet (like a shopping cart feature for multiple purchases), overall look and feel is a little cheesy but it gets the job done, site can be glitchy on occasion

Anna S.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Flipcause has always been a great company to work with!

Pros

This software has its challenges, but the people who run customer service are lovely and helpful.

Cons

I did get into a loop in customer service where the team was not able to determine what my needs were, but when I requested to speak over the phone I got a phone call back and everything worked out great.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Anna, thanks so much for your review! We're so glad to hear your Success Team has been able to provide you with the support you need. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization's needs.

Mary ann J.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Dreadful Company + Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

Not one benefit. This was supposed to be for our agency website. We serve the homeless with severe and persistent mental illness and did not receive the support needed. What a waste of money - $3,600 + a pending $1,800 that I am currently disputing with our credit card company.

Pros

I have nothing positive to say about this company!

Cons

We never got it to work. We paid for it for 2 years and now that I'm trying to terminate the 3rd year that I did not request, I am being given the run around.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Mary Ann,
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience! Your refund was processed 8/1 and you should see it in your account in 3-5 business days from that date. Our goal is to provide value to your organization; not to keep you locked into our platform. Your positive experience is extremely important to us and we will be reaching out directly to make sure this is fully resolved.

Kyle O.

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause enabled my organization to make a dramatic shift towards capturing online donations.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

No additional add-on charges for different products & services
Extreme cost-to-performance value
Campaigns can be created and edited very quickly and easily
Very easy to use

Cons

No "shopping cart" function
Not all fields can be customized
P2P campaigns are not end-user friendly
When editing published sponsorships/registrations groups/store items, after you hit save it closes the entire section of published fields. This is annoying when you have to make edits on multiple fields.

Chris M.

• Customer Support Software

Best move our organization has done in a long time

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

The ability to post appeals for donations and to collect money is so simple and easy that it has allowed us to raise more money in the last six months than in our first 3 years.

Cons

Sometimes the website designer doesn't do things we would like to do. We have to figure out how to get the things up we want.

Jestacia J.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Community and Technology

Reviewed on 08/08/2018

Planning more interactive technology. Thanks for a great partnership.

Pros

The support was great. The team walked me through the entire process.

Our website looks amazing. What a great way to share our message with the community.

Cons

The turn around time has improved.
Thank you.

Claire M.

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause gave me what I wanted and needed with GREAT staff support

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

We've been using Flipcause for about 2 months and it has been a fantastic experience thus far. The team at Flipcause is extremely responsive and available for any and all questions, will hold your hand through any process, and will set your campaign up for OR with you, to help it have a professional feel and match your branding. The export process for communication with email services, database, and accounting is simple and straightforward, and the ability to transfer funds as often or rarely as you want makes admin tasks streamlined and flexible. It's great!

Though there are a few things that could be different, that is ALWAYS the case with any system, and the staff is constantly making adjustments based on feedback so there's lots of room to help guide changes to the system. I wish I could search in different ways, and make edits to info that donors enter when they donate (like if they make a type-o, I can't change it alter). Otherwise, totally happy customer.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of exports for syncing up with other softwares (accounting, database, email applications), and STAFF SUPPORT and availability.

Cons

Wish I could make edits to info entered by donors.

Michael H.

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Though it's been a short time. I find it easier and more convenient that eventbrite and paypal.

Pros

Myself and my co-workers find it intuitive and easy to use. The support team has been incredibly prompt and dedicated to customer service.

Cons

I found setting up the permissions for admins a little confusing. I spoke with the Flipcause and have a really good understanding now.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Michael, thank you for your review! It makes us so happy to hear that we've been able to provide you with an easier solution to Eventbrite and PayPal, that's what we set out to do! Don't hesitate to let us know how else we can make your life easier.

Melanie J.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

• Customer Support Software

Our organization has been very happy with FlipCause.

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

Pros

The campaigns are easy to set-up and look great. The clone campaign feature is a huge time saver for new campaigns without having to start from scratch. The reports are user friendly and can be customized to meet the needs of different departments for analysis.

Cons

When loading pictures for the campaigns, it would be helpful to be able to resize the pictures within the FlipCause platform. Currently, we have to change the size of our images in AI.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Melanie,

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad you're able to save time with the campaign cloner. I hear you about image resizing and will forward your feedback to our Product team. For now, we recommend using the listed image dimensions in the interface before uploading images. You can also use a free image creator like canva.com, this can be a lot easier to use than Illustrator!

Raymond C.

• Customer Support Software

FlipCause is a seriously simple yet full program for events and fund raising.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

Ease of use. Excellent service, help, and ideas. Concierge service sets up event registration which saves time

Cons

Cannot think of anything. It seems a bit plain. Multiple log-ins. Sometimes I work weekends but must wait until Monday to get an answer or help.

Nathaniel B.

• Customer Support Software

We are only a few months in but so far so great. We're raising money and it's easy to track.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Pros

What I like most is the ability for donors to link directly to our website. Other fundraising platforms that we've tried in the past would require us to create separate pages and before you know it, things became too difficult to manage. This process keeps everything in one place for ease and accessibility, especially as it relates to not only fundraising, but donor management.

Cons

There's a lot of capability and I don't know if I'm taking full advantage of the potential of the site. This is due in part to the fact that training can sometimes be difficult to follow. When they ported into my computer to do a training, because they knew what they were doing, there was a tendency to rush through the explanation of the features, leaving me still somewhat uninformed as to what I can actually do with the software beyond fundraising.

Heather C.

• Customer Support Software

It's been a great fit for our organization since we do not have a large staff.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

It fills a lot of my needs - kind of a one stop shop for non-profits. I can quickly update or use concierge service to update site. I can also easily access transaction reports.

Cons

Some of the campaign entry and design is cumbersome and difficult to use. The concierge service has helped that. The transaction fees are high.

Khristi M.

• Customer Support Software

The Cost out weighed the value of the service

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

I learned of a new platform to host our website that would be more user friendly than what we had in the past.

Pros

We had options, I was able to choose to use either the concierge service or manage the system myself. The stats tracking would have also been helpful, if there were any stats to track.

Cons

The software to not serve as a value for our organization and it was sold to us. Currently, we have paid out money and have not received any more traffic, donors, or revenue for using the service and it is difficult to pay the fee. This site states the different rate, they charged us different price, and I cannot imagine we have a highly sophisticated/complex site that requires additional fees, if so, they was never expressed to us. And we explained our financial situation and as to why we needed to use the service.

The additional hidden fees are also upsetting. The quarterly fee, the fees per transactions, the fee because my browser requires an SSL certification. Doesn't this company realize they are primarily working with nonprofits that need their help, otherwise, they would not need this type of service. I'm disappoint because they sold us on a lot of things that turned out to be different.

Since having the service/software it has not saved time, or increased our visibility, or revenue.

Mar E.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

Frustrated initially with my team not following the directions I specifically asked for and for how long it took to get it the way I liked.

Pros

You are able to have a volunteer page, CRM, and resource page where people can access the info needed!

Cons

I did not find it easy to use and do not like you have to use templates. It limits the creativity!

Response from Flipcause

Hi Mar,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm sorry to hear about your initial frustrations. Our campaign templates are meant to be a starting point/inspiration, they are not required to be used. Your Success Team will be reaching out to you directly to make sure all of your frustration points are addressed!

Hilary P.

• Customer Support Software

Palanza Dance, professional dance company in SF, uses FLIPCAUSE because they are FOR US!

Reviewed on 18/01/2016

I am the Artistic Director of Palanza Dance Company in San Francisco. We are a fiscally sponsored, professional group of 15 dancers and actors. We have performed in over 30 venues in the past 7 years, including the DeYoung Museum, ODC Dance Theater, Dance Mission Theater and 1 Grove.

Our experience fundraising through FLIPCAUSE has been more than ideal. We have tried other fundraising platforms, and have found FLIPCAUSE the site to be the most "for us"; they are an extremely responsive and upbeat team of professionals who care deeply about making it easy for organizations who need to raise money successfully.

Palanza Dance will continue to use FLIPCAUSE as our primary fundraising platform, not only because of its usability, but because of the team of professionals who are there when we need them.

Daryl C.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause has been easy to learn. We have be able to start campaigns and run them right away.

Reviewed on 06/06/2017

It is a good solution for a small non-profit like us.

Pros

I like the ability to make many campaigns at once. I like how they give the donor the option to pay the fees. The website tool is easy and our website was transferred over quickly and without issue.

Cons

It takes too long to get an excel report emailed to you. Custom questions have to relate to every category in a campaign, rather than just certain categories.

Michelle C.

• Customer Support Software

Very very good. There were just a few reports that I could nt run that complicated things.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

The software was very easy to use and customize. I also love that it is linked to the web-site editing. They all looked integrated - because they were!

Cons

A few reports that I could not run. For example, I could not make a list of individuals that donated to each team. There were also a few fields that needed to be mandatory, but we rushed in the launch. In the end, it was fine tuned.

Glenn L.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Pros

The software has been excellent tool for the Not for Profit that I volunteer for. We are able to come up with ideas that benefit the company best to our advantage.

Cons

As an Administrator, the product is fine, but there is a time element involved in teaching this software to our staff (Grant writers, etc) . I think with a little effort , we will be ok.

• Customer Support Software

We were looking for a site that would allow us to maximize our fundraising cost effectively.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

Any time we have a question, we get it answered by their staff and they are incredibly responsive to our needs.

Cons

They need to get their text to give campaigns up and running so that we can continue to fundraise in a manner that appeals to all supporters.