Flipcause

Flipcause helps nonprofits with online fundraising campaigns

4.8/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
Customer Support Software
4.8/5

181 Software options

Janna G.

• Customer Support Software

Great product and service!

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Website maintenance. Consolidating payments, donations, events into one place.

Pros

We have been using Flipcause to manage our website, donations, payments, and events. The program and service has been a huge help and customer service is a great time saver on those busy days when you need something posted/done and don't have the time to get it done.

Cons

The reports could be a bit more streamlined and easier to arrange. I need basic info like name, contact info, their registration type, or donation amount, etc. I would also like to see how many registrations a person has instead of seeing their name 10 times in a list. Its very time consuming to condense the lists to use at check-in/to track donations/registrations.

Acuity Scheduling and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Flipcause

Consolidation, lower fees for payments/donations, help with website updates.

Reasons for Switching to Flipcause

better price for what we got, consolidation of features

Response from Flipcause

Hi Janna,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear that you've been able to save time by relying on your Success Team for support.

Also, thanks for your feedback about reports and registrations. I"ll be sure to pass it along to our development team for consideration. And as always, feel free to continue to lean on your Success Team if you'd like help formatting and cleaning reports and data. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Joel daniel H.
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Customer-centric, growing, value-priced.

Reviewed on 16/06/2018

Pros

The Flipcause team is very responsive to their customers. They don't feel like some gigantic organization that doesn't have time for you, like a lot of services out there. They're constantly working to expand and refine their product, and as a fellow startup, I can appreciate their roadmap and progress. And I don't think you'll find any other software that does as much for non-profits for their pricing. It's pretty unheard of.

Cons

Some of the backend of setting up campaigns and managing contacts is not as intuitive as I would want it to be. However, their support teams are super-accessible and willing to help. And, honestly, the more that a system is able to do, the less intuitive it generally is...no matter the system, you have to put in the work to understand it.

Elaine A.

Best Investment Ever!

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

All of our registrations and donations are in one place. Reports show a complete picture for each participant. This helps us easily understand what offerings are best received. Our first conference is coming next year. I'm excited to work with Flipcause on this HUGE project and having everything at my fingertips - registration, waivers, volunteer job descriptions, volunteer assignments, etc.

Again, my advice - BUY IT TODAY. It is worth every penny you will spend. This platform has helped our organization grow already and we have only used it for a little over a year! Don't wait.

Pros

There are way to many things I like about the software to mention all. The BEST thing is having my own team who work closely with me to create a campaign that is professional, clear, beautiful and WORKS easily for participants.

Team members are very quick to respond. Campaigns are ready within a couple of days for my review. I rarely wait more than one day to talk with my team, asking my questions and watching as they magically make the changes I desire. The team members are so much fun to work with! They are professional in every way, with excellent communication and technical skills. My requests are handled within 30 minutes and the campaign is ready to go.

After that comes: awesome designs, functionality, ease of registering and donating. I have worked with the Donation and Registration Campaigns so far. My next step is to get our Volunteer needs online. Then comes Crowdfunding and the Store. Can't wait to experience the difference this will make for our organization!

Having everything in one place makes it so easy! It is easy to get reports that are clear and accurate.

Another thing that is impressive is that we made over $600 income because donors are asked to cover the fees when donating. That is more money for the organization! :)

All in all, I don't have enough words to sing the praise high enough! This was the VERY BEST investment our growing nonprofit has made. AND they continue to add more ways to assist us. Just added the store!

Cons

The software takes time to learn - especially for someone like me with little understanding of the technology. The offset of this "con" is the Team does the work for me and is so helpful and willing to give me step by step instructions to pull a report, write a thank you, etc. I take a lot of notes in our conversations.

Another "con" is that the email list functionality is in Beta testing. Once that happens then I can send newsletters through Flipcause. Right now our newsletters go through another platform and I have to remember to add our new members to that list! :)

Being an international organization, having the ability to add language to the platform is really not needed. I just send the translations and the Team puts the information where it needs to be.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Elaine,
Thank you for your kind words and thoughtful review! It makes us so happy to hear what a great relationship you've formed with your Success Team. Supporting you to make beautiful campaigns, run reports, and fundraise more money for your organization is what we're here for! We look forward to continuing to partner with you and your organization! :)

P.S. We're also really excited to launch mass email functionality in the near future! I'll be sure to keep you updated on the timing for that feature.

Mindy K.

Flipcause is the Bomb

Reviewed on 21/06/2019

Flipcause from day one has been an exceptional company to work with. The customer service I have received has been exceptional. The ease of use and training - exceptional. They not only kept their promises but did one better and stepped up when the Techsoup offer ended and still provided us with the same benefits.

Pros

What don't I like? The price, the support, the ease of use - after reviewing lots of options Flipcause without a doubt was the best solution for us.

Cons

I am looking forward to the mass mailing component going live. This is the only thing missing that would make this package perfect in my opinion.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Mindy,
Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to hear what a great experience you've been having.
And we hear you on the mass emailing, we're looking forward to building this feature! I'll be sure to communicate with you as we get closer to a release date.

Ken E.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Excellent beginning software for Nonprofit

Reviewed on 02/11/2021

The quality of the appearance of our website is great. The ability to get technical help is very good. We have added numerous new donors due to the ease of making donations online. I am very pleased with the results of selecting Flipcause as our host company.

Pros

From initial investigation to the launching of the final product was about 3 months. The website works perfectly and has caused our donation frequency and repeat donations to increase substantially.

Cons

We have selected two optional fields that are critical to us. These fields allow donors to direct where their funds are used. Many donors select repeated donations, up to multiple months. A significant concern is that when they select where the funds are to be used, that is only reported one time, at the first donation. All subsequently repeated donations omit the direction to which their funds are to be used. This is a major problem.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Ken,

Thanks for leaving us a review. Wow, that's so great to hear that you've seen a substantial increase in donations since the launch of your new website!

And I understand how frustrating it is not to be able to easily match donations to their designations using the custom field method. Thanks for bringing that to our attention! Hopefully, the method your Success Team created for you will solve that pain point as we continue to make improvements based on your feedback. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

Megan F.

• Customer Support Software

Everything is wonderful except mobile

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Pros

What you get for the cost is incredible. No hidden fees or surprises. The success team is very responsive as well as the company as a whole. I've seen changes implemented in the platform that I asked for! They are constantly working to improve the platform and add everything that could be helpful to an organization.

Cons

The new mobile functionality has not been a good experience for us, and the follow up support with our problems and questions after our event was lackluster or didn't have the sense of urgency we would expect when you feel like you're missing a lot of money from an event. We thought transactions were going through during the event but it appears many of them didn't actually, with no way to recoup any of it.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Megan,

Thank you for your feedback! Providing stellar service is of utmost importance to us. We're so sorry to hear about your event experience! We just pushed an update to the mobile app that fixes this payment issue from recurring. Please update your app to the latest version. We're also looking into what happened with the particular response you received to the issue, and want to make sure this doesn't happen again. We'll be reaching out directly to you as well to ensure this has been fully resolved. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention!

Gc M.

An honest review of FlipCause

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

I started with FlipCause when they first began. I’ve flirted with other options like GiveLively (which is free for nonprofits) but FC is just worth the additional money.

Pros

I enjoy the tech support. They will build your site, update it, build your campaigns, design custom graphics, etc. it’s truly like having an additional set of staff. Organizations that can plan ahead for events will do well with this software.

Cons

As far as I know, this software doesn’t yet have invoicing technology. That’s a huge gap IMHO since it has all the requisite things: professing capabilities, email sending capabilities, and a robust CRM. A text to give option would be helpful as well.

Network for Good and Give Lively

Reasons for Switching to Flipcause

The additional staff support made all of the difference to my nonprofit.

Response from Flipcause

Hi GC,

Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear that you have gotten the support that you need. That is what we aim to do!

And I hear you regarding your desire for invoicing and text-to-give! I'll be sharing your feedback with the team. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Alisa W.
  • Industry: Farming

Flipcause is amazing!

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

Pros

I was searching for a program that managed our websites, donations, events and registrations and I found everything I was looking for, and more, with Flipcause. The support staff is amazing and so patient! They have always been very friendly and eager to help with anything I've asked of them. I highly recommend Flipcause to all companies, whether you are large or small, you won't regret it!

Cons

I have yet to find something that I did not like about this software.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Alisa,

Thanks so much for leaving us a review! That's so great to hear that your needs have been met with Flipcause. We're here for you and looking forward to continuing to support your organization!

Debbie J.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

• Customer Support Software

Excellent customer support with a very quick response time. Very easy to use!!!

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

Ease of use. We are able to use Flipcause for all of our financial backend needs. Campaigns can be tailored to use peer to peer fundraising, event ticket sales, merchandise sales and volunteer management. The platform is also donor friendly and gives the donor the option to cover all fees so that more funds come to us. They will also design individual campaigns for us - this is HUGE for a small staff of two.

Cons

Like with anything new the hardest part is simply learning the basics! I have found it hard to find tutorials on my own but their customer service staff is so quick to respond that it really is a non-issue.

Lee F.
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

Excellent customer service and donor management

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

I am a new user, and a volunteer board member of the organization. With the exception of some difficulty getting approval for funds transfer, the adoption of the platform is pretty seamless. The customer support is superb. All questions or problems are handled quickly and professionally.

Pros

I like the simplicity and "look" of a Flipcause campaign page. Although we haven't yet deployed a campaign, the sample pages are exactly what we will do.

Cons

I have created some unpublished campaigns. The Publish button is intimidating :)

Response from Flipcause

Hi Lee,

Thank you for leaving us a review! We're so happy to hear that your donor management needs have been met with Flipcause and that your customer support needs have been addressed quickly and professionally. That is certainly what we aim to do!

And I hear you that clicking that Publish button can be intimidating! Just remember you can always click the Unpublish buttons just as easily :)

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Barbra D.

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause has been a great transition for us from PayPal.

Reviewed on 13/05/2018

It is more user-friendly and more of our donors are using this process to submit donations rather than mailing checks. The Flipcause feature to email receipts and acknowledgments is wonderful too even though we still generate our in-house acknowledgments to donors and families.

Pros

We use Flipcause for online donations on our website. It simplifies this process for our donors. It gives them the opportunity to select from various fields for their donations and also includes the feature for our donor to opt to include the processing fee with their donation. The majority of our donors are including this expense in their donation which helps our agency in reducing cost.

Cons

I would like to see a detail of the items for each specific deposit we make. I typically have to manipulate the system to create what I need and then sometimes I have to cross things off.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Barbara,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're so glad to hear you and your supporters are finding it easier to use and it's helping you save on processing fees. We are working on improving the transfer/funds process and would love to have your input. I'll be contacting you directly. - Darya

Courtney G.

Customer Service

Reviewed on 24/08/2019

Flipcause handles my website. They also handle the donations from our sponsors.

Pros

I love that I can get help when I need it. I love that my team with work with me to make sure I am happy.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. They have always been very pleasant and helpful.

Lori C.

We LOVE it!!!!

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Pros

The fact that we have control and it is quick and easy and looks great! We appreciate the drop in features.

Cons

No crowdfunding or mobile features also would like to see other options for headliners and large pictures.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Lori, thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that Flipcause has been quick and easy to use. We definitely hear you about wanting more front-end design options, we are working on creating more options in the future and appreciate your suggestions. We do also have the ability to set up crowdfunding campaigns on Flipcause: https://www.flipcause.com/rewards. All of our features are also mobile responsive and we've recently launched our Flipcause LIVE Mobile App for IOS and Android and mobile card reader: https://www.flipcause.com/app. You can call us at (800) 523-1950 or email your Success Manager if you'd like support in setting up a crowdfunding campaign or getting a card reader.

Heather D.

• Customer Support Software

Gave us hours of time back for our real work!

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

The team is very responsive. We were able to navigate around pretty well to het familiar. Though each month we learn more and more about capabilities. The notification features help us feel confident we all know what’s going on at all times. Good checks and balances. This tool gave us hours of our week back for other things

Pros

Excellent record keeping. Excellent reports very informative to help us make decisions . Ease of use for website administration either ourselves or flip cause team.

Cons

We are still hoping for the phone text to donate options. It was promised when we joined but nothing yet.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Heather,

Thank you so much for your review! We're happy to hear that Flipcause has been easy to use and has saved you a lot of time. That is what we aim to do!

I'm happy to share that our Product Team is actively working on Text-to-Give, and we're excited to let you know as soon as it's available. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Jim K.

• Customer Support Software

From day one the service has been great, and it has not fallen off.

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Ease of use, great pricing, makes many aspects of fundraising more efficient.

Pros

Flipcause's ease of use and pricing are the most wonderful aspects of the software.

We have a small staff for our non-profit, so having this tool make many aspects of fundraising for efficient is also great.

Cons

I already get a great return on investment, but I would like more functionality to be added. But in classic Flipcause style, they are working on adding more functionality!!! What a great decision to go with Flipcause.

Sean T.

• Customer Support Software

Embrace the technology! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 03/01/2017

We are a very small organization who values every single dollar that comes in. The FlipCause platform allows us to operate much more efficiently while allowing our supporters an easy and secure avenue to contribute to our programming. While there is a learning curve with getting things set up initially, we are supported 100% by our wonderful Success Manager. She is knowledgeable and patient in getting us up to speed. In addition, they are always looking to improve and are appreciative of our feedback as it helps them to create a more robust system for us, the non-profit users.

Give it a shot! I promise you won't regret it!

Pros

Flexibility to customize

Cons

Learning curve, things are somewhat spread out so you have to go to a few different areas in order to make some changes.

Randy R.

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause has been great adapting to our needs!

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

The adaptability for use by our 150+ member projects has been really helpful. The donation money arrives in the account quickly and it the reports are clear.

Cons

We gave up on the ticketing system because it wasn't user friendly. Data entry was painfully slow and other ticketing services run more smoothly.

Jingwen S.

Non-profit user

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Pros

We love that the customer support teams has in depth knowledge about how nonprofit organizations work and are able to relate to the needs of nonprofit org users.

Cons

There is still some learning curve, but not bad compared to other softwares.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Jingwen,

Thank you for the review! We love hearing about your experience with your Success Team. We take great care in our hiring to find team members with a passion for and experience with nonprofits, so we're so glad you noticed. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to our team as they always appreciate it. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!

Cassie C.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

• Customer Support Software

LOVE IT! It's a game changer for us!

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

It's easy. I am busy. I don't have time to jack around with junk ... and this thing is beautiful, and looks matter in the modern age of electronics. It's updated, it helps us "fake" we are in the know of the century on paying online, monthly donations, thank you's, etc. when really it's all FlipCause that does it for us!

Pros

Easy to use and setup. Help is EASY to get, and quickly. We have raised a lot more money that we ever could with people just being able to "mail a check" ... the monthly recurring donation aspect is awesome! The event registration is so easy and our community loves the options we can offer, and so do our teachers!

Cons

I had a learning curve with posting the links to our personal website, but did get Flipcause to help. So my con was a hard one personally for me, but it was done quick with the help of support!

Celith B.

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause has been incredible for us! We are able to facilitate and increase fundraising...

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

Easy to learn and use! Flipacuase is constantly upgrading their systems and customer representatives are always available.

Cons

There really is not that much not to like. It is very intuitive and easy to integrate into your website.

• Industry: Environmental Services

• Customer Support Software

Flipcause has met and exceeded all of our expectations.

Reviewed on 31/05/2018

We are able to run almost every campaign type we need and have a huge amount of flexibility.

Pros

All of the features are available at every price point, and there is ongoing development to continually improve the software. The developers listen to the customers and have created a dynamic, beautiful product that's easy to use and meets so many different needs.

Cons

There are some minor customizations that would require access to the coding that customers don't have - which I understand the reasoning behind. The restriction maintains quality control. We have very few complaints about this software.

Lori S.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Cancelled after one week

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Terrible

Pros

There was a lot of carelessness in the creation of my company's website. Basic things like logos were incorrectly placed, as well as other common sense placements were not done correctly. It also took a lot longer to communicate with their staff than I was told it would. It became clear from the beginning that what Flipcause promised was inflated. I therefore cancelled my free trial after one week.

Cons

Basic requests were incorrect which caused me more time to was necessary to correct.

Response from Flipcause

Hi Lori,

Thank you for taking the time to try out Flipcause's free and optional website add-on.

Our ultimate goal is to provide value and to make your life easier. We take a lot of pride in our customer service, our quick turnaround times, and meeting or exceeding the expectations that we set. Taking a look at our records, I do see we built a new 30-page website for you within a week, and that all communication exchanges took place within a day or two, as promised.

We take all feedback to heart and are always looking for ways to improve, and I'm sorry to hear that you had anything less than a stellar experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if there's anything else we can address for you!

Wishing you and yours health and safety.

- Darya Gorlova, Client Experience Director

Deborah C.

• Customer Support Software

We've only been with Flipcause for 2 months, but I'm loving it already!

Reviewed on 01/10/2017

Pros

Most of all I like the customer service! Our success team is easy to contact and works very, very hard to meet my every request promptly and completely. I like the new website, and I enjoy being able to make some minor changes to it myself. However, the success team does all the big stuff and takes a lot of work off my plate! I still have a lot to learn about the possibilities for our organization, but right now I'm glad we chose Flipcause. What a great organization for small non-profits!

Cons

Sometimes the editing site does not work, and I'm unable to add new events, download documents, or save my work without lots of tries.
I really wish the site would cooperate with Constant Contact as well as Mail Chimp.
We are also waiting in hope for the site to be able to do online auctions.

Naomi S.

Streamlined Service

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

As a small organization, we'd never been able to justify investing in fancy CRM. We cobbled together the services we needed, often losing high percentages of our donations or ticket sales.
It was a constant nightmare of keeping track of which donor preferred which method, not to mention the hassle of reconciling so many accounts. With Flipcause, we don't have to compromise.

We have customizable service, at a rate we can afford, and we have an account manager who treats us like we're his most important client. I know exactly who I'm talking to when I call for help. Over this past year, I've seen how my feedback impacts the platform's growth. It's exciting to watch a service evolve, and to grow along with it. This attention to customer feedback means that all of the users are benefiting from others' experience.

I didn't think it would be possible for us to get a service that was so flexible within our budget. My teammates and I are able to use the service for our very different needs - from volunteer management, event registration, to fundraising. I love that I can create a specialized campaign with such ease.

One of the biggest rewards has been starting a recurring donor program. I set it up during our free trial, and by the end of that month, I knew we would stay.

Rob T.

Outstanding!

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

Pros

The platform is easy to use, easy to understand, and what we needed help with our account manager was right there to help us.

Cons

There is No text to give feature. We would really like to see this as we used a text to give platform prior so many of our donors were looking for this feature.