Hubble

Reporting, analytics & planning for JD Edwards and Oracle

4.5 /5 (73 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.7
Susan G.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Speeds up Closing and Flexible Too!

Reviewed on 25/08/2016

I use this software so much for month end analysis and any ad hoc reporting or analysis I need, I don't know how I ever managed without it. Instead of spending time dumping data, I can focus my efforts on the analysis, where I can add real value.

Pros

It is flexible. I have not come across a request for information/analysis that I have not been able to extract and complete using the Hubble software.

Cons

Not specifically about the software, but the fact our company has not purchased more modules for us to utilize. As an add-on tool, it takes a separate task for audit review. So we are limited in the ability to use it in more areas, since it would require a separate audit review.

Zina G.

Hubble is a stress reducer!

Reviewed on 05/08/2016

Data that used to take days to get and assemble into presentable form we get in seconds with Hubble. Data is accurate and reliable. Software is very user friendly and customer service is top notch!

Pros

Easy to use, very flexable. Templates are great, but I can also customize my reports any way I need without much time and/or effort.

Cons

None

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Intuitive, Elegant and Thorough

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

real time data mining and intuitive reporting

Pros

It allows me to data mine real time and make effective business decisions based on the best data available.

Cons

It does so much, it takes a long time to learn all of the ins and outs. Having a mentor allowed me to get up to speed much faster.

Paul D.

Excellent- Has really help us streamline our processes.

Reviewed on 05/09/2017

Pros

Easy of use is the number one item we like most about this software.. Hubble has allowed us more access to our data faster and quicker, with more detail then we have ever had.

Cons

My least favorite issues I have has nothing to do with Hubble but how as a company we have set up our users. We need more access. Working on that...

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Paul for your review of Hubble. We are excited to hear that your Hubble solution has helped you gain visibility to your data in a more timely manner! Please let me know if I can be of assistance in getting you more user licenses!

Angela A.

Fun and informational

Reviewed on 04/09/2017

Pros

There is a lot of good information and it's very easy to use. The fact that users can reach out to other users is somethingbthat can come in very handy.

Cons

Some of the challenges are repetative and feel lime you are answering the same things over and over.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Angela for providing a review of Hubble's Winner's Circle - our customer advocacy platform! We are thrilled you are finding the experience of value to you and will work on making the challenges more diverse!

James P.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

User friendly + great customer service

Reviewed on 12/04/2016

We had an option to customize JDE reports vs obtaining Hubble reporting. We decided on Hubble reporting as it is so much easier and a lot more flexible than JDE could offer.

Pros

User friendly Great customer service

Cons

none that I can think of at this time

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you for your review, James. You made the right choice! We really appreciate your support and hope you continue to find value in our performance management platform. As always, contact our wonderful customer service team if you experience any issues or concerns.

Rob C.

Information Leveraging Facilitator

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

Insight is a fantastically flexible reporting tool that has enabled me to spend less time synthesizing data and more time analyzing it and sharing it with decision makers.

My only wish is that Insight would develop a capital planning tool so that I can free our organization from the boat anchor we're currently stuck with.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thanks Rob for your review of Hubble! We are pleased to hear how Hubble is saving City of Prince George valuable time and provides the flexibility you need to make quick business decisions.

Hubble strives to remove "Boat Anchors" from organizational systems and processes, so we'll reach out to discuss how we can help City of Prince George move forward!

Kevin J.

Strong product - especially finance

Reviewed on 13/04/2016

Extremely easy to use. QUick adopption, easy to identify and analyze issues and problems. Only con is high price of licensing.

Nikita S.
Industry: Computer & Network Security
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Month end became more easier with Hubble

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Hubble gives real time output on the basis of data feeded. Financial reporting , MIS, forecasting, budgeting, analysis all types of financial problems are resolved with Hubble. Any type of reports can be customized with this software. Moreover consolidation and balance sheet preparation is always a nightmare for every company but with this software preparation of balance sheet is just a two minutes command.

Pros

Hubble is a one point solution for all the financial needs. Its a cloud based software and can be accessible globally. The software is very user friendly. Customization can be done for multi currency. Any variants of reports monthly, yearly, quarterly can be extracted. Further all type of financial analysis can be made with this software. Also, it can be very firmly integrated with other software.

Cons

Extracting the report takes time as to open grouping level accounting code it requires clicking on each head individually. Also chances of missing any head to open is high.

Great, flexible tool for EBS reporting

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

Pros

Quick and easy to use, allowing us to extract more data more quickly, and in a prettier format than Oracle itself or Discoverer. Greater flexibility in report-making and applying filters to ensure you only receive the information that you require. Formatting options mean there's no need for Excel manipulation once exported. Trainers, learning materials and support are all top notch.

Cons

Let me think about this one! The need to have a separate licence to create your own custom Oracle table joins

Adam P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Hubble and E1

Reviewed on 24/02/2016

We are currently evaluating potential Reporting/information solutions for the Future. Looking for a single application platform that can crunch data and provide what is seen as traditional BI analytics / dash boarding and actionable real time data for operations - users want answers to questions and the ability to pull data from multiple modules and functions within ERP that out of the box grids and views do not provide - Processes like Order to cash run directly across the traditional function architecture in ERP - "I want Sales, Inventory and Work Order Information all in a single view and I want it real time! I don't want to support a complex data warehouse environment either. Trials of Hubble have proved that you can achieve information at both levels, with the ability access summary analytics and detailed actionable data. An out of the box template for Oracle E1 (JDE) makes it quick to implement .

Pros

A fresh approach to "reporting" not shackled by legacy technology
E1 data template making it fast to implement and easier to support
A relatively simple technology layer - "Appliance Box"
No data in the Cloud
Subscription Based
An opportunity to work with a smaller but driven organisation committed to customers
Supports Multiple data sources
Mobility
Real Time data
Performance and cost effective

Cons

The ability to quickly and easily build data templates for additional data sources is still to be tested

Sharon M.
Industry: Consumer Goods
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Insightsoftware gives you back hours in your day with the fast and efficient reporting

Reviewed on 05/08/2016

We have been using Insight software for around 5 years, it is a great support to our ERP program JD Edwards and draws information directly from the JD Edwards tables.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use, it offers great templates to get you started and these are easily configurable and saved as new reports. Reports can be emailed to others and this can also be scheduled to a distribution list. It allows us to report information out of JD Edwards that isn't that easy to get out of JD Edwards.

Cons

Formatting is pretty average but it can be fixed once in Excel

Beth T.

We love the Hubble/Insight Report tool. Our Finance reports are now being created by our Finance Dep

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

Pros

User friendly and great templates. Customer service is always very helpful to resolve any issue we may have.

Cons

Not as many Human Resoucres/Payroll templates. We would use these 2 modules more if we had more templates that worked for our company.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Beth for your review on Hubble! We are excited that your Finance Team now has the power to own their reporting needs which free's you up to do more programming and analyzing! We also appreciate your honest feedback about our HR/Payroll template offering. I will relay this information to our development team.

Gary M.

Our organization is very pleased with the product from all aspects.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Pros

The drilldown functionality is very powerful and used throughout our organization. Also we successfully use Hubble to develop our annual budgets and utilize a budget form that was initially developed during our startup/training sessions. Finally, the software support team is second to none!

Cons

There is a specific font feature that resides in the Edition 1 version of Hubble, but it was not carried forward in Edition 2. I'm waiting for the enhancement to be implemented.

Angie B.
Industry: Utilities

Relief... can create reports without being a programmer.....

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

I can produce reports and actual data in the format our teams needs to function.

Pros

The ability to create reports with calculations, real time data, projections, and just plain data in the fashion we need it....

Cons

Screens where you get to choose the fields and filters are small and after a while it is a strain on the eyes.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Angie for your review of Hubble. We are thrilled that Hubble is providing you with the reports and data you need as well as the much needed relief!

Doug R.
Industry: Consumer Services
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Hubble Analytics

Reviewed on 20/12/2016

Hubble Analytics is a great source. Building dashboards for our executive team and field are easy and they love them.

Pros

Ease of writing reports and building dashboards. Web-based dashboards for easy access by all users.

Cons

Not being able to calculate off current period (company constant)

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Doug for your review of Hubble! We are super glad your team finds Hubble easy to use. I believe you can calculate off the current period but will have your rep reach out to you to get your specific requirements.

Christy B.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

We use Hubble to quickly access data and reports from JD Edwards without having to rely on IT.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Easy access to the EOne data so that I can create my own reports.

Pros

I love the ease of use of the software. It is user friendly and intuitive. I also love the quickness in accessing data. Hubble allows me and my team to see tables and fields in JD Edwards.

Henly C.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best customer service in the industry. Very user friendly software.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Best customer service and software that is so intuitive to the users, we rarely have questions on how to create\run reports. A great tool for the users that requires almost no support.

Pros

In 30 years of application support, I've never seen better customer service than that provided by Hubble. The JDE version is so tightly modeled after the look and feel of Enterpriseone, we don't even need to do training when we roll out the software to users. Even the least technical user can be proficient on Hubble in a matter of days. The upgrades are clean and straight forward and we've never had an issue due to an upgrade. Besides resetting passwords, we rarely have issues with Hubble.

Cons

We have a need to produce reports that combine charts, data, and verbiage and currently use another reporting software package to do this. We would like to use Hubble but there's no easy way to do this in a single report that produces the output in the format that we need.

Marianna P.

Gives the opportunity to create and run many reports which would previously require IT resources

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Pros

User friendly and great templates.
Customer service is always very helpful to resolve any issue we may have

Cons

Formatting is pretty average but it can be fixed once in Excel. Need to be update this kind of features, so as to no use excel to finalize report.

Cindy W.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Related and NOI review - Michael Frost and Cindy Wozny-Carl

Reviewed on 13/04/2016

We used the tool to validate data for our JDE upgrade. Extracting data was very efficient and made our data validation exercise easier. CWC

Overall, the product is very useful. The ability to filter and run ad-hoc reports was of tremendous value for any implementation. MHF

Pros

This tool makes the process of creating reports much easier from a super user point of view.

Cons

Users must log into a different application in order to obtain the reports they want...

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you for your review of Hubble, Michael and Cindy! We really appreciate your support and are so glad that you found it useful. I hope you continue to find value in our performance management platform and let us know if you experience any issues or concerns.

Ken K.
Industry: Construction

Hubble has given us a tremendous amount of insight into our data

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Huge time saver, in depth insight into our data that we just couldn't efficiently get before.

Pros

What I like most is how flexible the tool is. We've created very useful inquiries across many of our functional areas - Accounting/Finance, Purchasing, Construction, Sales, Warranty, etc... I also like how fast it runs, much quicker than typical system reports we use.

Craig T.

We have been using the software for almost 4 years and love how easy it is to use.

Reviewed on 20/02/2016

I have been using Hubble/Insight software to create reports that have helped us shave the close down from 4 days to 2.5 - 3 days. It is so easy to create reports "on the fly" as requested by management. Much more user friendly than JDE FASTR reports. Additionally, as questions do come up, the support through their Portal is excellent - patient and understanding as I consider myself to me an Accountant who has an understanding of the JDE file structures, but not an IT professional. I have used the software to create basic actual to budget analyses, and love the drill down features that enable us to quickly analyze issues. Additionally we have created 12 month trend reports that also help us analyze our monthly expenses. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a user friendly analytical query/report writing product.

Magdalena W.

Good tool for crating reports and extracting data from Oracle E1

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 27/01/2019

Pros

-you can run many reports to support month end processes in financial area
-you can easily export data to excel file or pdf
-you can use pre-built templates that Hubble offers
- raports are in real time
- quite easy to use

Cons

-sometimes it is a bit slow
-there is so many options there, that it takes much time to understand them correctly and to lern how to use them

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jon K.

Easy to use and great customer service!

Reviewed on 12/04/2016

Our organization was considering moving away from our JDE system due to the difficulty in creating reports and poor access to data. Hubble reporting changed our view of JDE, we now had access to all of the valuable data that was stored in JDE. We have had such a great experience we have now added Hubble Budgeting.

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Jon for being such a strong Hubble Advocate! We are absolutely thrilled you were able to stay on your existing ERP with the aid of our Hubble Solution. Fantastic!

Anthony L.

The perfect blend of power and ease underlaid by unparalleled customer service and commitment

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

Hubble has help us to bring forward data buried in JDE as well as join the data in our JDE platform with other sources for real time insight / transformative. The speed of data presentation is changing how we deliver information to all levels of management

Response from insightsoftware.com

Thank you Anthony for your review of Hubble. We are truly thrilled to see how ISS has embraced Hubble and look forward to being a part of your continued business success and future vision!