Calendly

Jonathan
Jonathan

Paid for itself 1000 times over

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Calendly is like having a virtual assistant that costs me pennies per day, but helps me earn significantly more income because it allows me to skip wasting any time playing schedule tag with people.

Now that I've realized how amazing it is, the fact that I ever got caught up in playing "schedule tag" with people seems mind boggling. I book everything from client calls, sales calls, podcasting recordings and even just networking conversations with people.

Pros

Calendly is simple, clean, and a MASSIVE time saver. For what a few hours of a VA might cost, Calendly has paid for itself after the first few bookings.

It's very easy for the client to use as well, it's not cluttered like some other scheduling software programs are, and having an APP is solid gold.

I love being able to get real time notifications of appointments and cancellations and handle all of that from my phone when necessary.

The ability to customize availability and create multiple availability calendars for different events is another brilliant asset.

I can integrate with PayPal and take payments for appointment bookings, it's simply brilliant.

Cons

Workflows are a useful tool, but still feel a little bit clunky. I like that they are there, but setting them up could be a little bit smoother.

mind you, perhaps I'm comparing this to something like Zapier which is an incredible task management software.

OnceHub and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

Simplicity and ease of use.

OnceHub

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Simplicity, ease of use and price. Also, I love that Calendly has an App, and has had one for a long time. It was one of the first booking software programs to offer this.
Mike

Solid App with Robust Features, UX Leaves Room for Improvement

Reviewed on 11/02/2024

Pros

I love Calendly's configuration flexibility, ample feature set, and no lack of customization options. The booking interface is clean and simple—as it should be—and the drip email capabilities are fantastic.

Cons

The user interface on both the desktop and mobile sites leaves something to be desired at this price point. In particular, the menu to configure options for Event Types is clunkier than it needs to be—and requires far more clicking than necessary. I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed. Meanwhile, the recent refresh of the Workflows menu was a major step in the right direction.

Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Missing key features, sneaky billing for empty seats

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Awful. Lots of lost time and money. Now we need to start over with implementation of another system (likely SavvyCal), plus pay for both for at least a month or two for overlap during the transition.

Pros

It was our first foray into using meeting scheduler links. It was a time saver for scheduling client meetings, and it streamlined communication with clients. No more going back and forth to negotiate dates and times. It was better than Squarespace's built in Acuity forms (at least based on our experience with those in 2021), but that's not saying much.

Cons

There are dozens of other tools out there that provide this same functionality, and Calendly makes zero effort to come out on top. Deal breakers include 1. not being able to edit availability or any other settings for one-off meetings after you click the button (can't count how many times I had to start over from scratch); 2. not relaying the chosen event title to the calendar event; 3. forcing this dumb question "please share anything that will help us prepare" for one-off events, which creates extra work for our clients and makes them think we're not listening; 4. inability to set turnaround for one-off events (so client can book it 20 minutes before the start time); among other flaws. For as much time as it seemed like it was saving us in the beginning, I feel like we now waste at least as much wrestling with these flaws and remaking links.

But the final straw for us was that they bill for empty seats. For months, I've been deleting teammates who aren't using it, so we can save money. We pay month to month instead of annually, because we know we're going to switch to another platform. What's the point of paying monthly if you're billed anyway for seats you're not using? There was no warning, no message anywhere to prompt me to delete the empty seat in addition to deleting the user. There was no friendly automated email to say, "Hey you have empty seats - add someone to your team!" I get these kinds of emails from other platforms (platforms where we pay annually and therefore it actually makes sense that we'd end up with empty seats). Calendly knows exactly what they're doing. And "customer service" (lol) is not helpful.

Ryan
Ryan
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Great Scheduling Tool with lots of features and a clean look.

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

I haven't integrated it enough into my business model, but I plan to much more in the coming months as we continue to grow!

Pros

I love the look of Calendly. It's visually appealing. I like how it integrates with my Google Calendar seamlessly. It's automated reminder and follow up system is fantastic and saves me a ton of time!

Cons

I had some trouble at first not having duplicate appointments post to my Google Calendar, but I seem to have fixed it, and I believe it was more user error than anything. Not a knock on Calendly.

Daniel

• Customer Support Software

The reference in calendar appointment software

Reviewed on 23/02/2024

Pros

Calendly is dead simple to implement, use and publish so customers can book appointments.
You can have any number of appointment types, each customized with required fields, questions, etc. so when you start an appointment, you have all the information you need.

Cons

Nothing to dislike really!
It's affordable, simple and intuitive.

Ahmed Noor
  • Industry: Import & Export

• Customer Support Software

Calendly Review from Ahmed Noor Vahab (BG)

Reviewed on 25/02/2024

the product is perfectly developed to cover all the requirements of time management and booking systems.

Pros

Scheduling and Calendar Management system, with multiple options to select for online and offline meeting and appointments.

Cons

the product covers all necessary functionality. but should enable all calendars to be syncked to single. system.

Mary

Booking Simplified

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Pros

I like the variety of appointment types, the customizations that are available, and the option to add my team to the account so we can all manage clients seamlessly.

Cons

No real drawbacks to calendly for our small business.

Jennifer
Jennifer

Life saver

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

The program has made it where I am able to be more organized with my schedule and it helps me to be on time for all of my meetings and appointments!

Pros

I honestly love everything about this program! It helps me to stay organized when I’m working and to schedule my meetings and appointments for my clients efficiently and efficiently! I love the fact that I can make my schedule more flexible and productive. Thanks for a amazing program!

Cons

The cost is not what I would like to see but you get what you pay for! I would say that it’s worth it in the long run.

MariAnne
MariAnne
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 29/02/2024

Pros

straight forward and easy to use, syncs great

Cons

the fact that it is a separate platform from the calendar

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Calendly review

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

My overall was amazing this is what I use on a daily for everything

My overall was amazing this is what I use on a daily for everything

Pros

It helps me with my set schedule reminds me on the things I need to do keep up with work

Cons

Not really too much bad about a calendar

Chris
Chris

• Customer Support Software

The perfect tool for solving the scheduling back and forth

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

I love it. I use it every day. I tell everyone I know to use it. It solves the biggest problem.

The...

There are a few AI-powered exec assistant tools, but... why bother? That still forces the other person to do the multi-email "what times work?" "oh not for me, how about these" "okay, where do you want to meet" dance. This is a single email.

Pros

Calendly does exactly what you need it to do: it takes scheduling a meeting with someone down from a 6 or 7 email affair to a 1 or 0 email affair. This is transformative. I can simply send my lunch URL to someone and let THEM book a date that I can guarantee is up-to-the-minute accurate, ask the questions I want to ask (where should we eat?), and gather additional contact information, all without the risk of it getting lost in the shuffle.

I did 135 networking lunches last year, entirely powered by Calendly. It's brilliant, because it ends in the result we all need: a mutual calendar invite that we both agree works for us.

Add things like buffer times, clever event types, and linking up with my contacts with Zapier and man is this the easiest $8/mo I could ever spend.

Cons

Nothing. It's basically perfect.

I wish that, when using someone _else's_ Calendly to book, it'd look at my schedule and black out bad dates, but that's a nit to pick. I'd also like it to auto-advance to the next available window if there are no more dates on the initial screen.

Maurice M
Maurice M

My Go-To for Scheduling

Reviewed on 12/05/2022

When I first selected calendly, I was using doodle, and someone recommended this as a better app to schedule meetings. I was surely in for a surprise. This app is efficient, customisable enough, and just does the job right.

Since starting, I now have an automatic response when someone mentions wanting to meet up - I identify the correct calendly link to send.

"The right link" actually means something here. I have a few appointment types:
- Zoom meeting
- In person meeting
- Paid consultation
- Recreational meetup

Sometimes, I meet an old friend, and it's so much easier to have them select a time and suggest it, but calendly automates it, because now I can set parameters and they can schedule that hang-out at a mutually convenient time.

It requires some discipline, because you will need to put your engagements onto the calendar (I've had double bookings because I didn't put my plans into my calendar before) but now I understand the benefit, it works perfectly.

Pros

My favourite part of calendly is the ability to set a variety of appointment types, and even include paid appointments which all integrate directly into my calendar

Cons

I'm not sure there is a con here. I wanted group scheduling for meetings, and now they have it - even though I haven't used it as yet.

Christina
  • Industry: Accounting Software

The Perfect Scheduler for Busy Business Owners

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

Having a paid Calendly subscription has helped me to save time, and keep things more organized. It has saved so much time because I no longer have to type out lists of available times and dates only to have them already filled up by the time the client replies back. It gives my clients current real-time availability when they are ready to book. I also love that it allows me to build in my own desired reminder workflows and "thank you" follow-ups on events of my choosing. One of the other features that I value more than anything is by using the Chrome Calendly extension feature, I am able to pull "one-time use" scheduling links. This makes it so that once a client books from that link, it can not be used again. It has really helped me place boundaries on clients so they can't just schedule meetings with our Accounting Firm over and over again. We offer different levels of service, and if clients want more access to us we provide that but it comes with a different price point for their services. I did research other schedulers, and not many offer one time use link features.

Pros

I think once you get acclimated with Calendly it is very easy to use. They make it so that you can manage your availability with easy, "mass apply" settings to different appointment types. I also really appreciate that you can have many different types of appointment types, we do different types of meetings and so we can set individual parameters with specific types of appointments. I think it is also valuable to be able to have both public and "hidden" appointments for your individual needs.

Cons

I do feel they could develop more direct app integrations, rather than making apps go through a Zapier integration. I personally don't love using Zapier, but I do appreciate being able to integrate the software with things I commonly use.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

My deciding factor was completely because Acuity doesn't allow for one-time use links, at least at the time I researched it.
Cory
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I receommend Calendly any day of the week.

Reviewed on 09/10/2022

Calendly has been a staple of the Graphic Design and Logo company for many years and it will be for years to come. It's a friendly atmosphere that's easily manipulated to get what I need from it, and it's just easy and familiar to my clients - Which is awesome.

Pros

Calendly is the absolute MOST user friendly scheduling software on the internet. You can set up an appointment scheduler in a very short time, it's very appealing to the eye, and it's super easy to use for the client as well.

Cons

Honesly Calendly nails this software and is the leader in their field. I use calendly for my Graphic Design company and I use another software for my consulting firm. The consulting company's software is less user friendly, and more complicated, but it seems to have a ton of customization. Calendly doesn't seem to have this much customization, however, if you're just starting out and need ONE, TWO, or even THREE appointment types, Calendly is perfect.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I needed to differentiate my graphic design calendar app from my consulting calendar app and felt that having two profiles on Acuity would be kind of a nightmare, switching between accounts to do something. Second, I don't need a complicated scheduling application for my Graphic Design business, where I don't charge for meeting my clients. You can certainly add this feature, but I just don't need it. I have a few meeting types and I can send someone a 30 minute, an hour, or a two hour meeting invite. That's IT. It's integrated with Zoom so everything can be safe and remote. Lastly, again, I needed something that I could go to the page and be logged in immediately, instead of switching accounts. Keeping my business applications separate here made a lot of sense.
Jaydra
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Great product to save you the time of coordinating schedules with every client individually

Reviewed on 20/03/2023

I love Calendly. Overall it works well and consistently. It is easy to use for me, my staff, and our clients. I have no major complaints, it does exactly what we need it to do and it does it very well. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I love that I can set up many types of events, give them titles that make sense to me, and color-code them. I also love that I can customize the questions clients will answer when scheduling, and customize the reminders they receive. I also love that I can hide events from my main page, so I can target who I send the link to schedule certain kind of appointments.

Cons

Sometimes when there's a recurring event on my calendar that gets cancelled, my availability in Calendly will still show that time slot as busy. It doesn't happen often, but when it does I have to use a work-around and it takes more time to schedule something into that vacated spot.

TimeTap, Acuity Scheduling, and Schedulicity

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I chose Calendly because I tried the free version of Calendly and loved the experience. While reviewing other apps, some were more geared to offering online classes (which is not what my firm needed). Others seemed to be very complicated, so I liked the simplicity of Calendly compared to those other options - Calendly managed to have many features and options but still keep it pretty clean and simple.
Shaunak
Shaunak

• Customer Support Software

Best tool for virtual video/audio meeting booking platform

Reviewed on 01/10/2022

One of my clients wanted to make an appointment module on their website with can seamlessly integrate with Google Calendar and utilize their Google Meet subscription (which was available with Google Business). They wanted it speedy and fault tolerant. I came across Calendly via my friend, who is a Tarot card reader by profession, this work community used this service to create a page that displays their information, slot-wise options, collects payments, and also schedules based on availability. So overall my and my client's experience with Calendly was awesome, cost & time-saving, and efficient.

Pros

Calendly is an insanely awesome product (SaaS).
1) It helped me create a profile page with a service display.
2) It also provides a personal/custom branding option. (Yes, also in the Free tier)
3) Fault tolerant and efficient call/appointment booking with email clients like Gmail and Outlook.
4) Seemless slot booking and payment collection system with integrations.
5) I love the feature of embedding their iframe in any website.
6) Also, they provide a feature to edit URLs of our choice.
7) Their real-time reporting is also efficient.

All the above points are those which make this platform unique and awesome.

Cons

There are no visible cons to this product. Everything is amazingly great, but one thing which I noticed is after booking a call, I have set up redirection to my website, which takes almost ~20 seconds. This much time a visitor/user will not stay on the page. This needs to be fixed while separating the background process from the front end. Also, I would like to see a UPI payment collector in the integrations.

Zeeg

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

I am also using Zeeg. I am currently exploring Zeeg and Calendly parallelly. I will soon write a review on this as well.
Lawrent
Lawrent

• Customer Support Software

I'm in control of my appointment with Calendly

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

It allows me to keep in control of my appointment and saved us a lot of time.

It allows me to keep in control of my appointment and saved us a lot of time.

Pros

I like how Calendly integrates to icloud. Its simple interface and easy-to-create events features makes it a must-have app for all your appointments (also great for paid consultation/lessons as you can collect money from the app (paid version only)).

It is easy to create an event type (one-on-one or group), and there lots of options available : event duration date range, even time zone.

I like how easy it is to apply an appointment to dates / intervals / specific recurring days and how you can implement buffers (before and after events)

You can ask invitees questions before the appointment, which is nice to have, since it allows you to save time once your client is online.

I immensely appreciate how Calendly offers all types of notification options (email reminders, follow-up and text reminders.)

When creating an event, you can choose what type of location you want (in-person, phone call, google meet, zoom.) You don't have to get in touch with your invitee to tell them how you want to meet them.

You can add Calendly to your website (even the free version) through a small widget, which makes it easy for your clients to get in touch.

Cons

Most integrations are only available on paid plans, and the free version is very limited but the company also needs to make money, so that's very understandable.

Kat
Kat
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Saves me easily an hour each week—no more back & forth scheduling

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

It's a crucial part of my business and saves me hours, all for a totally reasonable monthly fee.

Pros

I love being able to set my availability and just send a link. It keeps my calls in manageable blocks, and saves me hours of back and forth trying to find a time. I also think it's much less intimidating for a potential client to book some time via my website, than to have to email me directly about a consult.

I use Calendly for all my non-client calls because it gives me control over how far in advance and how far into the future someone can book.

Cons

I'd prefer to have more control and functionality around automated emails, but current functionality works fine for confirmations and reminders.

You can set a limit on how many of each type of appointment is booked per day, but no overall limit per week/for all events. I like to offer more timeslots as options, but without increasing the number of calls I take per week. Currently I manually block days off in my calendar as I see things fill up, but it would be helpful to have this automated.

Yelle
Yelle

Easy to setup, add to calendar, and reschedule

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

Pros

I most liked that when a meeting was booked, it automatically went into both my and my guest's calendars. We did not need to go to our emails and confirm or "add to calendar"manually... it just went right in.It is also nice that I could customize and color code my profile and meeting types. Making meeting types was easy. Really the whole Calendly setup is easy and quicker than I would have expected.Lastly, when I book using other people's Calendly, I love being able to click on the event in my calendar and reschedule with a reason. This flow is so easy.

Cons

I usually have great feedback on how to improve a product. For this one, Calendly has nailed it!

Rongen
Rongen
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Calendy is highly customisable and most common booking system

Reviewed on 30/09/2023

Calendly is a powerful appointment booking that integrates natively into Google Calendar and other CRM platform like Hubspot.

Pros

We like the roundrobin feature with priority labeling per assigned staff. Native integration to Google calendar and google meet. Customisable notification reminder. Buffer setup and appointment groupings.

Cons

There's no limit booking feature per specific client email or block email that has previously been booked. There's no Appointment tracking to limit based on the number set per client email. Quite expensive to order seat per staff.

Reasons for Switching to Calendly

Most commonly used and our clients and staff are familiar with it. We like the round robin feature and ability to manage group calendars.

Useful, easy to use, modern

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

Great experience, I use it on a daily basis and it feels great, the cons are just small details, mostly trivial.

Pros

Great interface: Calendly feels modern and intuitive, it is extremely easy to find what you are looking for and accomplish the tasks you need.Feels modern: The whole experience in Calendly feels fresh and modern, while this might not be important to some people, when you use something on a daily basis it definitely feels good.Easy to manage: Managing multiple calendars and team members is easy, you have all the options at hand and you can make changes, creates new calendars, add team members in few clicks.Automations: The automation options are great, although they could be better. For a basic user

Cons

Would be great to have some extra Zaps to be used in Zapier, right now the existing options are limiting to a point where you need to integrate other tools to be able to accomplish certain workflows.After creating a calendar and defining the type, you can't really change it, instead you have to create a brand new calendar from scratch, quite annoying to figure this out after you have created and configured everything.

Michelle
  • Industry: Banking

Calendly: Convenient, integrated, customizable

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

Overall, it's a benefit to my business. Easy, efficient scheduling, the link is on my website and in my email. I can manage my calendar and availability without blocking out my Outlook calendar, and I can avoid the "when are you available" conversation which is a drag. I will continue to use Calendly for the foreseeable future.

Pros

I have been able to fully customize my appointment scheduling, from the times that I'm available to take appointments, to the types of appointments and when, to how far out meetings can be scheduled, location, etc. Providing specific instructions to attendees depending on the type of meeting they select, asking questions to give me more information before the call, and so forth. Also, it is an efficiency booster because I can avoid the "when are you available" conversation completely and because of the email reminders, I have fewer instances of no-shows.

Cons

I do believe that it's a bit expensive for the service it provides. There are also a lot of features that I don't use, because I don't know how to or the value of them. Calendly could do a better job engaging and educating it's users to use the full functionality (and maybe make the price a better value for the service).

Courtney
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Seamless Integration + So easy to use!

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

We have had a very positive experience. We are seamlessly able to request and schedule meetings with colleagues, departments and clients.

Pros

This is one of the most user friendly scheduling platforms I have used. Our integration and set up were very smooth and didn't have any hiccups. Each member of the team, both seasoned + green were able to quickly adapt to using this platform on a daily basis. I highly recommend it!

Cons

There are no hiccups or issues that we experienced with our use of Calendly so far.

Zoho Meeting and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

We wanted something more comprehensive.

Google Meet

• Customer Support Software

An excellent product but with one HUGE GAPING HOLE for us.

Reviewed on 06/10/2023

It's great for clients to get themselves booked into our system. It's just terrible for making marketing decisions/plans with.

Pros

The ease of use for the user, the client, and administrator.

Cons

I mentioned this earlier, we NEED a report for the TOTAL number of open slots for and event type, for any given day across multiple reps. GLARING feature omission.

Acuity Scheduling and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Calendly

Simplicity for the client and staff

OnceHub

Simplicity
Taylor

Life Saver for Assistants

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

Overall, I like using calendly and have had a great experience. Calendly saves the client and me time by making scheduling super quick and easy!

Pros

I am an EA for a high level employee at our company and often am scheduling several calls a day. Balancing international time zones mixed with busy schedules creates quite the headache! We implemented Calendly a few years ago and it has been amazing for one on one client calls. The sync feature ensures that there won't be overlap for the Executive and the buffer feature allows me to leave room between calls in case things run over. It's very nice to be able to just send a link to someone and all the scheduling is done, zoom calls and google calendar invites included!

Cons

I don't know if this would be possible but I would like to see a scheduling function that allows for multiple schedules. If I need to schedule for my Executive along with our CEO and a client, I have to do that manually and sometimes, the attendees add up! It would be great to see a sync with multiple calendars within one link, allowing me to send just one link to the client that has availability of our whole team!