1,322 reviews

Calendly

Meeting and appointment scheduling software

4.6 /5 (1322 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
1,322 reviews
Leo W.
Industry: Broadcast Media
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Way for People To Get on Your Calendar!

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Overall it continues to do the job I need it to do. I do feel it could be more effective if they tweeked it a little, but I continue to use it, I continue to refer it to others, and and until a better option reveals itself, I'll be staying with Calendly.

Pros

I use it in my email signature as well as on my LinkedIn profile. Usually, passively, I receive anywhere from 3-5 calendar appointments per month just from having it in people's line of sight. It offers people an pressure free way for them to set up an appointment on my calendar. For some prospects it just feels better to let them set it, rather than pressure them for a time.

Cons

I wish I could utilize the link better. On my LinkedIn page there isn't a way for Calendly to have an attractive looking, professional icon for a person to click. In the end it does the job, but the user experience is a little clunky.

Company size: Self Employed

Not for me, but my friends like it

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 04/12/2020

It seems to work great for most- I just personally discontinued it.

Pros

It was the first of its kind available here, so I recommended it to a friend based on functionalities. He uses, and loves the paid version. a year later, I also tried the trial version. For me, I didnt find it as easy to use- I managed to schedule appointments and send links, but somehow couldn't set a flexible duration. This may have been due to the trial version- but I didnt like it. Not all meetings are equally long.

Cons

As I mentioned- I had some issues setting flexible durations for meetings. Maybe it was just me, maybe these restrictions come with the trial version. In any case I discontinued.

Industry: Management Consulting

Organizing my Weekly Duties in a very empowering way

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

One of the bis issues in our Company was the time management for all our teammates. Definitely, we keep that in our past. Now we have more balanced and organized scheduling and bringing more productivity to the organization without burning ourselves in long-lasting meetings and losing valuable time in other important duties.

Pros

There are lots of values that no one teaches you at School, University. One of the most important values or parameters that I have to learn in order to be organized and money-wise is Time Management. If you learn how to manage your time in a productive way, there is no doubt you will be a very successful professional. One of the Best Time Management Tools that I greatly found in my daily duties is Calendly. At first, I traditionally learned from it when I had a new Job position opportunity. Then I started to use frequently and then I told my teammates about it and we study the potential to implement as a Company Tool. Absolutely no hesitation on our ideas to be more productive.

Cons

Time is Money, so if you have no idea what is happening with your time on a daily basis, then you are in big trouble. Yes, it seems that Calendly is a very simple tool. Definitely, you do not need any other super complex tool to help you out to organize your time and your agenda. The big Con is not taking action and continue to waste your time. Go for it.

Olayinka A.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Calendly wins me vital time.

Reviewed on 02/09/2018

Calendly enable me fix appointments with customers either for video conference,over the phone or physical meetings without the stress and time wastage which usually accompanies the appointment scheduling process.

Pros

I have people scheduling appointments with me on a daily basis,and I have also had to schedule appointments with people using Calendly on a few occasion.Therefore I have experienced both sides of Calendly and I feel it is a pleasant and time saving solution.
Nothing beats being able to send an email to a client and simply stating "please schedule a meeting via this link" as against having to put back and forth calls across to people,before scheduling a meeting and on some occasions ; the other party forgets a meeting was even scheduled.
I love Calendly for how it has saved me time,and also how it reminds both sides of an existing scheduled appointment : thereby reducing the chance of any party to a scheduled appointment missing it.

Cons

I like every part of Calendly and I have never questioned my choice of this program.

Sarah H.

Calendly - Calendar Convenience

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 17/08/2020

It completely and efficiently integrates with Google calendar which makes our busy schedules much easier to keep track of. I also think the app version is extremely user-friendly and just as powerful as the desktop version. The video tutorials online make this tool so incredibly easy to use. It's just one of those simple, perfect tools that isn't fussy and makes every day scheduling a breeze.

Pros

Calendly is by far the most convenient calendar scheduling tool on the market. At our agency, we have so many appointments every week with media reps and it's challenging to keep track of everyone's schedules in and outside of our organizations and our Google calendars often fills up very quickly. We just love the ability to present a list of various days and times options without having to play email tag back and forth to figure out when someone is free. It's especially convenient for meetings with 3 or more people. The ease of use is fast, user-friendly, and you don't have to even sign-up and go through the process of having yet another login to remember. This tool allows you to schedule meetings in minutes with people outside of your organziation. It's also amazing how it integrates with other calendars such as Google calendar and Outlook.

Cons

I wish that Microsoft or Google would adopt Calendly and incorporate the features so it's integrated into one suite for even more ease of use, especially since our agency is mostly working remotely and we're having to use digital invites more than ever.

Industry: Entertainment

Time-Saving Meeting Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

I work for a television show where we have to schedule multiple weekly meetings between 4-6 executives to discuss notes and scripts, and Calendly makes this process extremely easy and pain-free, where before it always involved a long group email-chain and multiple back and forths to get a time that worked for everyone. I strongly recommend using it to schedule meetings with co-workers.

Pros

I like that it makes the process of scheduling a meeting with multiple people extremely easy and quick. You just mark and send out your available times, every recipient chooses the times that work for them, and you're done. Simple. I also like that the program automatically sends a reminder to everyone and allows you to request anything from a member of the meeting so everyone is prepared with the right material.

Cons

The re-scheduling functionality is a bit clunky and could use some reworking. As is, unless you start a brand new meeting invite, you aren't allowed to re-schedule the original meeting with a bunch of time options, but rather just one selection. And if that selection doesn't work for everybody, you are back to square one and have to send out a different selection. It would be helpful if the re-scheduling function worked exactly like the normal scheduling function, just with a clarifying note that this is a re-scheduled meeting.

Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

What an amazing bit of software!

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Absolutely love it! It is a critical part of my day to day work.

Pros

I love how its made it incredibly easy for people to set up calls or meetings with me. What used to take half a dozen emails going back and forth now takes one simple click. People click on my calendly link, pick a time and everyone involved gets a calendar invite. I love how simple it is and how it beautifully it works for everyone. It even integrates with both Zoom and Outlook (although Zoom requires a paid subscription). So that means I can set it up to send out Zoom invites automatically. I honestly dont know what I would do without it.

Cons

Honestly cant think of much to dislike. The only thing that comes to mind is that sometimes the app that is supposed to sync my outlook calendar with my Calendly will crash for no reason. But its not frequent enough for me to consider it an issue.

Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The answer to all your scheduling problems.

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

I have come to depend on Calendly like few other softwares. It just works. I love it!

Pros

The thing I like most about Calendly is how much time it saves me on a daily basis. Setting up a meeting or a conference used to take multiple back and forth emails to try to find a common available time. And then I used to have to deal with the problem of working with people in different time zones. Calendly solved that problem by simply letting me set up what times I am available and letting others book a time slot by just clicking on a link. The other great thing about Calendly is that it syncs with my Outlook so I never end up with issues where I might have set up multiple meetings at the same time. Its amazing.

Cons

Their website is a little confusing to navigate. So it can take a little time to set things up. Or if you have set things up once, it will take a little fiddling around to change those settings. Its not a major negative though because that is not something you will be dealing with daily.

Aaron J.
Industry: Retail

Amazing scheduling tool for your Outlook.

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

Once we set everything up, its been a breeze. The free version they offer has more than enough functionality in it to suit most people.

Pros

We often set up meetings with potential clients at our business. One of the biggest annoyances has been how many back and forth emails have to go through to set up one meeting. Getting two people to sync up their calendar can be a problem. Try having multiple people do it and its a nightmare.

Calendly was the perfect solution for this problem. You can set up your availability calender and people can then book meetings with you by just clicking on your calendly link. And the best part is it syncs right with your outlook. So any meetings that are set up in Calendly immediately reflect in outlook and any meetings set up in Outlook are blocked out on your Calendly availability so people dont book that slot.

This set up saved us so many back and forth emails trying to find a common time slot. Now we just send a Calendly link!

Cons

The user interface is kinda confusing. Trying to do simple tasks can be a little confusing. For example it took me a while to figure out how to block off a day I was taking off so people wouldnt book something with me. Stuff like that should be super obvious.

Now to its credit, you wont be using Calendly's interface everyday. Its more of a fire and forget solution. But when you do need to interact with it, I feel like its navigation should be a lot better.

Sandra O.
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple,easy to use and efficient.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Pros

Calendly is an easy scheduling tool to use. We integrated this on our website ,allowing customers to book sessions with our sales agents on Calendly via our website.
It has greatly reduced the time spent to fix appointments via back and forth phone calls and emails. While also enabling us save financial resource that used to be expended communicating with customers on the phone ,trying to ascertain the best time for a meeting with a sales person.

Cons

The support team at Calendly is very slow to respond to any query we have sent to them in time past. Most times by the time we get a response from Calendly support , we would already had fixed the problem ourselves.This shortcoming need to be worked on.

Melissa P.
Industry: Consumer Services

Highly recommend to most

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

I save so much time in terms of scheduling one off meetings with my clients. I recommend Calendly regularly to clients looking to streamline their meeting scheduling process. I've had a few clients say they won't need to hire an EA to help them with their calendar now that they're using Calendly.

Pros

I love not having to ask my clients to do something complicated to schedule a meeting with me. I've never had to explain what to do once they click on my Calendly link.

Cons

They really need to incorporate a "recurring" option. I met with a UI person a while back to explain our use case for it and that we would be able to switch our entire scheduling process over to Calendly if we did have the option to make an event recurring, but not until then.

Namrata D.
Industry: Retail

Fix all your scheduling woes with a single tool.

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

It is amazing! Once I started using it, I couldnt fathom how I got by without it. I recommend this to people quite often. Just a fantastic utility all around.

Pros

Its a great tool to set up meetings with people. Normally that requires a lot of emails to try to find a common time. Calendly fixes that by allowing you to set up times when you are free so the person on the other end can easily find out when you are available and schedule something using Calendly.

And the best thing about this is the Outlook integration for me. I loved how easy it was to sync this to my Outlook calendar. So now whenever I send someone a calendly link it automatically checks to make sure I dont have a meeting or a call booked for that time slot.

I love it so much that I have now made it a permanent part of my Outlook signature!

Cons

Their website layout is really messy. I wish it was easier to set up and later on make changes to. Thankfully that is not something you would do frequently.

Calendly saves me so much time

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

It is a major part of my work. I honestly cannot imagine going back to setting up calls and meetings without Calendly.

Pros

The Outlook integration is what makes Calendly for me. Without the Outlook integration it is a solid scheduling too. But once you hook it into your Outlook, it is just fantastic. I never have to worry about being "double booked" or setting up a call at the wrong time or timezone. I also like how you can customize your calendly link if you want to share it with people. And the Zoom integration is terrific as well. You just connect your Zoom account and anytime anyone books a meeting with you, they get a Zoom link.

Cons

It is confusing to set up your calendar. The lay out isnt great to navigate and it takes a little time to set it up. Same for editing your availability. A little confusing.

Mark M.
Industry: Construction

Frees up Time

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

It's making scheduling appointments much easier with our customers. The customers also get an email after the appointment is scheduled so they are able to cancel it or request a day/time change if something comes up and that day/time no longer works for them.

Pros

We use a receptionist company that takes all of our business calls and whenver a customer wants to schedule a free estimate, the receptionist uses Calendly. We have sales reps that are assigned these customers in a round robin way. The appointment automatically gets added to their calendar and all of the customer information is included.

Cons

We don't have any cons to say about calendly at this time. So far it's been working great.

Scotty H.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Calendly is just a no-brainer

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Again, complete no brainer. I am now always available to anyone who needs me. And as the saying goes, "the best ability is availability."

Pros

Why wouldn't you use Calendly? It makes it so easy for my customers and prospects to immediately get time with me without having to go through the rigamarole of sending emails back and forth about what times work. It even lets you block out time for PTO or vacation so that you're not accidentally booked for something you can't attend. With a FREE VERSION, it's a no brainer.

Cons

Even though it has all the tools to make scheduling easy, I do sometimes wish there was a "confirmation" feature, just to make sure there is not a conflict that I have no put on my calendar yet. Finally, I would love an auto-response feature that would allow me to customize the "Thank You" email.

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Calendly is best-in-category for auto-scheduling meetings

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Pros

The ease of setup, including its Google Calendar integration.

Cons

We would prefer some of the basic features be offered in the free plan as opposed to needing a premium plan.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tim D.

Calendly saves me so much time

Reviewed on 17/10/2020

Can't go wrong with Calendly. It's simple, it's easy for anyone to use and is a true time saver

Pros

Calendly is really easy to use, integrations are seamless and the options for capacity makes my life so much less stressful.

Cons

I wish there was customization options and an option to round robin employee calendars for lead gen scheduling.

Sloane C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Use it daily!

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

I set up Calendly to book sales calls, and I love how easy it was to automate everything.

Pros

I love how easy it is to set up and book appointments. It is fully automated which makes my life to much easier!

Cons

They still have not integrated with Instagram which is definitely a problem for a lot of their users.

Svetla M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great for having customers book meetings with me, integration with CRMs

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Calendly has saved me tons of time communicating regarding scheduling of meetings with customers, peers and partners. I just connected my calendar, allocated time free for meetings and - other people can now book time in my available slots. Such a burden taken off! I have integrated Calendly with the CRM we are using, with Slack reminders so - I can keep track of, communicate with the rest of the team about my appointments and get reminded of everything in a pretty straightforward way.
Very pleased with the service overall!

Pros

Ease of use, fast set up, features very well thought, inexpensive, options to integrate with CRM

Cons

Works great so far, nothing not to like. Maybe the ability to customize part of the confirmation emails was a bit limited, would be great to be able to compose the entire confirmation email yourself, using specific wildcards.

Jed P.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Calendly - Good to go!

Reviewed on 19/01/2021

I really enjoy the tool. It makes it super easy to schedule meetings with my clients.

Pros

I like that it allows my clients the ability to schedule time with me based on how I set up my parameters. This gives me the ability to truly manage my schedule that allows me balance in my days, weeks, and months.

Cons

I do not like that it does not have the ability to add multiple invitees in an easier fashion. The company wants you to change the URL link to allow for customized invitees and questions. There should just be an option to pre-populate the users that you want on this meeting to be added to the meeting without making the customer manually do it.

Vanessa W.
Industry: Computer Software

Difficult to set up but reliable

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Its reliable and works fine for a scheduler. I think it is too costly.

Pros

I've used many scheduling platforms. Calendly is pretty solid! Its not the best but not the worst. You can't check multiple calendars for conflicts without paying more. It costs to add more users as well. I found a better product that is free, easy to use and has all the features I want so I stopped using Calendly. (Appointlet)

Cons

Setting up scheduling rules and changing availability isn't very easy. Costs too much to add users and won't check multiple calendars without charging more as well.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Yaroslav K.
Industry: Higher Education

Awesome Solution for Scheduling and Fast Time Management

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

I use calendly for my personal time management as well as some work meetings.
Very useful and comfortable tool to use.

Pros

Calendly is a great tool that allows you to create a an option for the audience to schedule a meeting with you.
Everything is customizable and adjusted to work with specific time slots.
Very nicely integrated with calendars and mail.
One of the tools that barely has any compatition.

Cons

Limitations.
It's bet several years since I started using calendly, it is great and awesome.
The only issue is - there is not much development anymore. Yes, Calendly is the best out there, but we all know what monopoly does.

It would be nice to be able to schedule a video conference or make more flexible schedules, maybe a chat or some more integrations.

There are many things to do.

Again, I am a fan of Calendly, just a bit worried, one day there will be a tool with more new trendy things and the people might shift.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Adam K.

Easy calendar scheduler

Reviewed on 01/06/2019

Simple to use appointment scheduler which does what it is for. I really like the simplicity and the flexibility to communicate with the other party before the appointment to make sure we are on the same page when we have the meeting or the call.

Pros

The title says it already. After testing a couple of different options I have settled with Calendly as the easiest and still complex calendar scheduler integrated with my Google Calendar.

It is a set and forget option as I can manage all of the blocked out times from my calendar instead of logging in to Calendly again and again.

I can set the length of the meeting / call with automatic buffer time, which gives me a chance to get prepared for the next event.

Cons

The limitations of the free account can be frustrating but the very affordable paid subscription solve the issues.
Analytics is not existing and that could be handy but not a big issue.

Tee B.

Calendly has been essential to my organization's operations and I always recommend it to others

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

- Saves an enormous amount of time scheduling calls. I rave about it all the time to other people. Who flashes their Calendly first has become a thing! And there's certain etiquette about not giving it to someone who is 'higher status' than you, which is interesting.

Pros

- Saves an enormous amount of time scheduling calls
- Slots people into times of day that are most ideal for me to speak
- Very simple interface for choosing a time

Cons

- Cannot email multiple people on receiving end of appointment-making (e.g. only I receive a notification someone scheduled on my Calendly. Would be nice if a team member could be added
- Rescheduling function doesn't delete old appointment, or provide a prompt to ask if you'd want to
- There is no temporary scheduling of events (I think?) which would be useful

David F.
Industry: Internet

These guys perfected the appointment booking process

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Calendly has optimized my personal schedule and support team schedules and make the booking process easy and with less friction for us and our customer/end user.

Pros

I have tried to find something better than Calendly, and I just can't. They have the user experience down to a science, the team booking works great, the notifications and integrated google calendar are perfect, and it's bug-free.

Cons

The lack of having a custom domain and custom outbound email. They have had that on their feedback site and lots of votes and interest, but after over 1-2 years they have never implemented it.