1,456 reviews

Calendly

Meeting and appointment scheduling software

4.6 /5 (1456 reviews) Write a Review!

1,456 reviews
Chris C.

• Customer Support Software

The perfect tool for solving the scheduling back and forth

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

I love it. I use it every day. I tell everyone I know to use it. It solves the biggest problem.

There are a few AI-powered exec assistant tools, but... why bother? That still forces the other person to do the multi-email "what times work?" "oh not for me, how about these" "okay, where do you want to meet" dance. This is a single email.

Pros

Calendly does exactly what you need it to do: it takes scheduling a meeting with someone down from a 6 or 7 email affair to a 1 or 0 email affair. This is transformative. I can simply send my lunch URL to someone and let THEM book a date that I can guarantee is up-to-the-minute accurate, ask the questions I want to ask (where should we eat?), and gather additional contact information, all without the risk of it getting lost in the shuffle.

I did 135 networking lunches last year, entirely powered by Calendly. It's brilliant, because it ends in the result we all need: a mutual calendar invite that we both agree works for us.

Add things like buffer times, clever event types, and linking up with my contacts with Zapier and man is this the easiest $8/mo I could ever spend.

Cons

Nothing. It's basically perfect.

I wish that, when using someone _else's_ Calendly to book, it'd look at my schedule and black out bad dates, but that's a nit to pick. I'd also like it to auto-advance to the next available window if there are no more dates on the initial screen.

Cate M.

Impresses clients and saves time multiple times a day

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

As previously mentioned, Calendly has allowed our organization to reduce email back and forths with clients. Furthermore, it allow you to give a client access to someone else's calendar through a link. The joint meeting scheduling is phenomenal and provides even more breadth to the tool.

Pros

The ability to customize meeting names, meeting times, and send unique links to clients is so helpful. Additionally, I truly appreciate the ability to integrate with Zoom and create buffer times between meetings. Without Calendly, scheduling meetings with clients would be extremely cumbersome and I'm confident we would lose at least 25% of our current bookings.

Cons

I would like the ability to have a signup as part of the software. At this point, I don't believe that someone can register for a standing weekly meeting.

Steven D.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Simple & Easy - Good Enough Free + Robust Enough Paid

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Overall it's been a net positive. Easy to use and provides more value to me than what it costs. If your meetings needs are fairly simple, the free plan will work great for you.

Pros

Simple and easy integration to my calendar. Easy to customize and send links to people to book times. Really fast and easy through the Calendly Chrome Extension.

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate multiple calendars into Calendly so it would see existing Personal and Professional things I have scheduled already. It also can be a bit of a pain to manually upkeep availability as I don't have the exact same availability every week.

Michael B.
  • Industry: Higher Education Software

Great scheduling app. Intuitive and functional.

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

As an academic advisor, this app has been fantastic in setting up meetings to meet with my students. Easy to implement and use, both from my end and from the perspectives of my students. Highly recommend.

Pros

Very easy to set up, create, and schedule meetings and appointments. Great editing options that make it easy to make changes on the fly. Intuitive interface. No frills or unnecessary additions make it easy to navigate and implement. Those who are using it to schedule things WITH me find it very easy to choose meeting options.

Cons

I have found no faults thus far. Even the basic version meets all my needs and more. I will definitely be using this platform for the foreseeable future.

Chris C.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

• Customer Support Software

Eliminates the headache of scheduling

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

I've used Calendly for a few years with a few different teams, and several of my colleagues have even adopted it after hearing how much it's helped me.

Pros

I utilize Calendly in all of my email correspondence and it is a lifesaver! I frequently get comments of appreciation for how easy it makes it to find time to connect and cuts out the needless back and forth on email. It runs seamlessly in the background and I don't even have to think about it!

Cons

I wish there was more functionality in the free version, but upgrading to a premium subscription won't break the bank and is well worth it for the added efficiency.

Piotr B.

• Customer Support Software

Why nobody figured it out quicker?! It's a great tool for arranging meetings.

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

I honestly recommend Calendly to anyone who meets with external parties. This is one of those small things, that you had no idea existed, but once you start using it you never want to go back. It really can save you a lot of time and facilitate arranging meetings.

Pros

When I first learned about Calendly I was sceptical a bit, as I did not know what to expect. Also, I doubted I need another application for a calendar. I had Outlook, didn't I? Well it turns out, that when you need to arrange meetings with people external to your company, it can be a bit tedious processes, especially, when doing so over email.

Once I had a need indeed to arrange for a meeting but did not want to play the email ping-pong to find the right time. I then created a free Calendly account. You know what? I loved it. It's really easy to register and set up. Arranging a meeting is really simple with this tool. You just set up your availability in a clever way, even when you work in shift patterns you can set different availability on different days.

So how does it work? You tell the app what time you are available on what days, you link your calendar and predefine time slots, e.g. 15, 30, 60 minute slots. You share your Calendly link to the party you want to meet with and they can book a slot in your calendar, of course considering events that are already there. Your events are not visible, only time slots are visible. Very simple, yet extremely effective. You don't have to exchange emails to find the right time to meet.

Cons

There aren't many downsides, the main downside for me is that the free account allows you to only predefine one time slot, e.g. 30 minute. This means, that when somebody wants to meet with you, they will only have a chance to save a 30 minute window in your calendar. If you want more options, you have to pay 8 bucks a month or 12 for the pro version. There are many extra options, but if you want something extra, you have to pay extra. Free of charge version is very good, especially when you meet externally only occasionally. For me the free version is just fine. I definitely recommend Calendly to anyone who meets with clients and other external parties. You can always get the free version and decide later whether or not to upgrade.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Saves time!

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Overall, this has been a huge timesaver!

Pros

I love this software! I have requests for meetings constantly and this saves me so much time! Rather than constant emails trying to coordinate schedules, now I just have a link in my email signature and anyone can schedule a time that works for them! I can link the app to multiple calendars and customize when I'm available. I have several different types of meetings set up. When an event is scheduled, it's also added directly to my calendar so I don't have to see it in an email (or miss it in an email).

Cons

It doesn't really have a feature to coordinate the best meeting time for multiple people.

Paola P.
  • Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

Elegant and sleek online appointment booking system

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

I use this daily to have prospective clients schedule online appointments for us to speak over the phone or through video conferences.

Pros

The design was the first thing that got me attracted to Calendly, actually. I first saw it while booking an online appointment myself, and it actually was a good thing that the "host" was not using the paid version, because it was thanks to the branding that was included that I could research more about it. I was about to knock one star on my review for "value for money" because the free version comes with everything you need, and depending on the use, the branding might not be such a big deal for some people. So, there actually is quite a bit of value provided on the free version, so they should get the star for delivering it free of charge.
I love the fact that events can be edited and that they get their own custom URL, which I can share with prospective clients over the e-mail or text messages and they just book the time that works best for them through there. I also like that the local time is always converted to whatever the user needs to see, getting rid of eventual timing differences or errors in calculation. This is a very helpful tool!

Cons

There are no real cons for me since even with the free version, you get most (if not all) the functionalities you might need. I tried to come up with something for the sake of this review, but... no "cons" for me.

• Industry: Photography

• Customer Support Software

A simple scheduling tool that makes it easy to plan and organize online appointments.

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

I use it to setup online Skype meetings and phone calls with prospective clients, by sharing custom event links with them through the e-mail.

Pros

The interphase and design is simple yet elegant. I am able to customize it with my company's logo, colors, and additional texts. I love the way the timeslots are displayed, as well as the cirlces for the days in the calendar. By adding it to Gmail, it is really easy to keep track of appointments because they get automatically added to my Google calendar. This way I can organize my online meetings with my real-life commitments making sure that I have plenty of availability for each.

Cons

I tried thinking about a "con" but I have nothing. It does what it should, and it handles appointments seamlessly! When I hadn't signed up to the paid plan the branding was displayed, which is normal for any free tool that unleashes its full functionality for non-paying users (at least, see the branding, right?).

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great scheduler, really nice user interface

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I really like Calendly and their interface, I just wish their freemium service was more robust. I would have definitely chosen them if I could have done more with the free version. Overall, I've only had good experiences with them, as both a business and a user.

Pros

I really like Calendly. I think their UX and UI is great and I like how easy it is to customize the UI. I think they're reasonably priced and make it easy for businesses to manage their scheduling. It's also really easy for users to schedule time and the calendar integration is great.

Cons

I didn't end up going with Calendly only because I'm a solopreneur and the freemium offering wasn't robust enough for what I needed. I am now paying for a service, but when I started I needed something cheap (free) and that would solve my bare minimum problems, unfortunately Calendly did not do this.

Mark D.

• Customer Support Software

Simple tool to share availability

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Love the product, it has been very helpful as I deal with many folks outside our office. I get asked for my availability almost daily and manually typing out my availability or sending a screenshot of my calendar led to other issues. This tool makes it very easy to send my available times to internal and external constituents alike.

Pros

Easily share your availability with external partners. You can be as restrictive or as open as you'd like when sharing your calendar. You can set times when you are never available and you can black out entire days. Easy to send a link to your entire calendar to someone. Rather than typing out your availability, you can just send them a link and your availability will display. If you have a previous commitment, the time block will not be available to select. When meeting times are selected, your connected calendar is updated automatically and you are notified via email. Likewise, if someone cancels a meeting created through Calendly, it is removed from the connected calendar and both parties are notified.

Cons

The free version limits you to one calendar connection. I can't use my outlook calendar and my google calendar so users have to be careful that their main calendar is up-to-date with any other calendar they are using. Sending links via email, particularly to people you might not be familiar with can be viewed suspiciously. When I first started using it, I went to great lengths to ensure the recipient knew it was a valid link and they were safe to continue through the process.

Flutra S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

My best friend

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

Honestly, it made my life so easy, I simply send the link to the clients and voila I don't have to ask a million questions to schedule a meeting and the good thing is I can add any of my co-workers' agenda into the event as well so there is no overlap, definitely lifesaver for everyone out there that has meetings all the time with different people from all over the world.

Pros

Before Calendly I was in a real mess, trying to schedule meetings and the worst part was figuring out the time zones. Man, you have no idea how happy and relieved I was when I saw that Calendly gives you the option to determine whether the client can choose his own time zone or I can choose a fixed time zone.
So the best thing that I liked most was the flexibility that Calendly offers in regard to timezones.

Cons

One of the things that I am hoping that Calendly is soon going to implement is to add more characters on the calendar body. As it is right now the description is very limited and really would help if they add at least 100more characters.

Tracy M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

• Customer Support Software

You need a scheduler in your business.

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Overall it meets its function and I enjoy the service.

Pros

I love that it is so easy to simply avoid the banter back and forth or phone tag.

Cons

I wish it had more features before having to upgrade.

• Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

It truly did everything I needed and I have no complaints

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Pros

It was easy to set up!! I used it daily and rarely if ever had any real issues

Cons

On occasion, the different integrations would have issue, but very rarely (and were almost always fixed quickly).

Works as advertised

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Overall, it's saved me bundles of time that I would have spent going back and forth trying to schedule times with clients.

Pros

Simple to book, I like that I can embed it on my website! It's made scheduling a breeze for our business.

Cons

I don't like that it seems to sometimes send participants the wrong timezone for information, but I believe this has now been fixed.

Paco S.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Great

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Overall this has helped me be way more efficient and made my job easier.

Pros

As a freshmen mentor at my university, this is instrumental in setting up times to meet with students. I have my own classes I have to attend and my students had their own crazy schedules. It's annoying to have to go back and forth and say "when would be a good time to meet" and they say "tuesday or thursday" "what time?" "anywhere between 3:00 and 5:00" "Oh I have class until then, does 6:00 work?" blah blah blah...Calendly lets you just send a link, and they see when you are available, then they choose a time when they are available. It's really good.

Cons

My only issue is that it work of takes some time to figure out all the tools. Which in some ways is good because there are so many tools you can be very precise in scheduling. But I don't understand some of it.

Ifeoma O.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Organizes our client meeting scheduling process.

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Pros

Calendly enable selected high profile clients and customers to schedule meetings with anybody in my team. With Calendly we have been able to avoid the usual back and forth emails ,or phone calls which is very much synonymous with trying to arrange meetings.
I like the automated email reminders my team and clients get ,which keeps all parties informed of the meeting schedule and this makes it difficult for any party to miss a scheduled appointment,because they forgot.

Cons

A few of our clients in different timezone from ours have had one or two complaints,as they would rather prefer if Calendly can automatically update the time to their own local time.

Matt J.

• Customer Support Software

Super easy to use, great way to schedule!

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Saves me several back and forth emails to find a time. This is not only time saving, but stress relieving.

Pros

I am able to completely customize my availability within the system. It also links to my google calendar, so it updates itself when I make certain times busy on my schedule. I also like that it sends an automated accept from the person scheduling with me, that way I don't have to scratch and claw to grab that accept.

Cons

I wish Calendly synced with my gmail to create a full calendar view within my email so my clients don't have to go through the trouble of clicking the link, then finding the day and time.

Kendra R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Easy to use Hiring Tool!

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

Easy to use! A lot of clicking around to make sure everything is working and as it should be. Would be great if there were more pricing options and I could send emails directly from the site as opposed to copying the link into another email program. This may be a feature with the full subscription/purchase, but as a small business we would not use the program enough to justify the spend. Overall, great program/software! Makes hiring a breeze... I'm able to schedule interviews with multiple candidates at once without worrying about double booking and they can choose a time convenient for them!

Pros

Easy to customize! Can set up interview appointments easily for a job and can reach many candidates at once. Syncs easily with email and google calendar. I can have one role listed and just adjust dates and times as needed when hiring again. All the details and information are kept until I change it directly, even after the selected dates so I don't have to re-create a "job" each time.

Cons

Currently only using the free version... so options are limited. Would like to have several different jobs or roles at once, but that is only available with the subscription. Unfortunately, as a small business we do not have a need or demand to justify the purchase... would be nice if they offered different features or options for purchase based on frequency of use or size of the company.

• Customer Support Software

No more back and forth emails to book a meeting!

Reviewed on 06/02/2021

If you're working daily with customers like I do (in sales) booking a meeting and trying to sync the right time at the right moment can be a pain and take sometimes days.

Calendly just took the whole stress away and made it effortless! -I'd highly recommend it

Pros

This app is an absolute game changer.
I really like the fact that it integrates seamlessly to my google calendar and cuts down the endless bakc and forth with prospects and colleagues on when shall we meet. it's just plug and play

Cons

Although for the basic feature of booking a meeting its rather straight forward , there are some other features that needs some getting used to (but they offer tutorials and their team is really helpful with their support so it's not too bad )

Paul W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

It Automates Your Calendar

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

I love it, especially the extension feature for Google Chrome that allows me to add available times at the click of the icon. It prevents me from having to toggle back and forth between tabs.

Pros

Talk about a system that allows you to cut down on the back and forth that comes with coordinating schedules. This system enables me to sync my calendar, so it knows when I am not available and allows me to send available times to any person via email to select what will work with their schedules. When you don't have an assistant and average 2-3 meetings per day, it saves hours per month.

Cons

The ad hoc settings don't allow you to customize to the level that I would like but it gets the job done quickly.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

The way coordinating availability should be

Reviewed on 30/11/2019

It changed the way I schedule my time with clients - empowers them to pick the time and saves me from guessing when might be good time slots for them.

Pros

I never liked emails going back and forth about "are you available at this time?" and going back and forth with clients. Now I send them a link with my availability and they get to pick whenever it works for them to meet.

Cons

It didn't integrate with one of my enterprise exchange accounts because of the IT structure in a highly regulated industry. It integrates well with most calendars.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to Schedule Appointments

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

My organization supports 2500 students in college and our advisors schedule about 20 students in 1:1 meetings each week at a variety of colleges. Calendly allows our advisors to have students sign up for meetings on their own, freeing up advisor time for other issues.

Pros

Calendly makes scheduling students a breeze! Advisors can link their Outlook calendars to Calendly, set up an event type and let the software do the work. It's super easy because students can schedule and reschedule at their convenience and the appointments show up automatically on their calendars. They can also ask questions in the appointment for students to answer, which makes communication seamless. We also love the reminder feature!

Cons

In the free version, we can only create one "event type" at a time, which makes it challenging to schedule the same event in different locations simultaneously. We are looking into the paid version, but since we're a nonprofit, the price (although it is reasonable) causes a little pause.

Matt J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

The easiest way to find a time!

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

Super easy experience. Never buggy! It can also create an automatic accept on the client side, which minimizes the meeting miss rate.

Pros

I can embed the link to my calendar in all of my emails, making super easy for people to schedule with me. The more demos I give, the more successful I am at my job. Calendly makes it possible to fill that calendar.

Cons

They do not provide the ability to paste your entire calendar into the email. It would be nice to have the calendar within the email, instead of entering a link.

Sarah F.

Calendly solved a BIG problem for us!

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Pros

Before Calendly we had no elegant way to let clients book in for meetings across 3 times zones, from anywhere in the world. It was a massive logistical headache, and Calendly solved everything for us.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to send Google Meet links, which are automatically generated, through the reminder text/email system. It is a pain for our clients to have to find the original booking confirmation to source that, often a week or two after it has been sent.