Toggl Plan

Task scheduling for project planning and team management

4.5 /5 (105 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.6
4.2
4.7
4.6
Stuart K.
  • Industry: Animation

Toggl Plan, just what I need!

Reviewed on 30/08/2020

Pros

I have been using Toggl Track for quite a while, so I was very excited to see the Plan come into availability. It was the missing piece! I think it's great having such an easy workspace with the Gantt and Kanban views. It allows for easy scheduling of work!

Cons

I wish there was a database section for managing clients, I wouldn't want to have to hop around all kinds of websites by Toggl just to have everything I need. I would love for it to be streamlined into one service or if you could link all your Toggl products into one management. It's not ideal assigning tasks on Toggl Plan, then hitting the time tracker and having to re-add who the client is. It should be able to be completed in one click.

Linda R.
  • Industry: Design

Easy, simple, and beautiful tool for project management

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

It has allowed myself and our team to become more efficient by knowing who's doing what, which deadlines are shared across global offices, and to view 'at a glance' someone's work load and specific projects to collaborate.

Pros

It's incredibly intuitive and easy to use. Mouse interaction for dragging and duplicating tasks makes this feel like a high quality, well developed tool. The design is beautiful and is easy on the eyes as well, specially after this year's latest update.

Cons

It doesn't allow full customization beyond colors for projects/tasks, or to see progress "at a glance"/without needing to click on a task.

Miguel G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Solid time tracking for individuals and enterprise environments

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Toggle does have it right and if your business is more about tracking time for billing purposes, this might very well be the tool you need. It is not overkill and it provides everything you need for billing purposes. It goes that extra mile with reporting mechanisms that provide visibility into your business profitability. And it goes beyond tracking a project but, rather, tracking your entire portfolio and teams.

Pros

Toggl offers a solution for individuals, small business and enterprise environments, alike. It provides visibility at an individual level, as well as an overal team level. If provides the time tracking of a project with the overview of a program. Toggl also offers an extensive list of reporting mechanisms that extend beyond the traditional number of hours per project. With advanced features like the ability to identify profitability across one or more projects, Toggl can actually become a project management tool in environments practicing a Kanban or Lean Agile approach.

Cons

The subscriptions might not necessarily provide the specific features you seek in their breakdown. Chances are that depending on your business size, you might find that going from one level to the other may or may not offer exactly what you need and give you more than you really desire. In other words, you might need to jump to the next subscription level for that one and only feature you need, and not necessarily all you are paying for.

Gautam L.

Find where the time went and take control of it with an ease

Reviewed on 03/02/2019

Pros

At the job, we were used to managing spreadsheets to log the time spent on daily tasks and get monthly reports. Toggl replaced it completely. It's easy to use. It's minimal and lightweight. It keeps reminding you to log your time if you're not doing it already, that really great. In the end, it helps you analyze your time spent on your tasks. Super useful.

Cons

Sometimes it takes time to sync between the web app and MacOS extension. Projects added from the web app don't load fast enough in the MacOS extension. I haven't any down point other than this so far. At the initial stage, it had a few bugs, but it's far better now.

Lindsey S.

Easy to Use Time Tracker

Reviewed on 07/03/2016

Pros

Toggl is very simple to use. I've had team members use it so I can see what they spend the most time on to improve their efficiency. It's as simple as adding or selecting a previous task and starting the timer. Once you are done, stop the timer and switch to your next task. The best thing about the product is it's ease-of-use.

You can also track time offline. This is a great tool for if you are needing to track your time traveling or in meetings without internet access.

Cons

If you forget to stop the timer from running, the software will not warn you. For example, if you need to step away from your computer for a while and your computer goes to sleep, the timer will continue to track. You can update the time once you come back, but you'll just need to remember when it was that you stepped away originally.

Abel M.
  • Industry: Animation
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Abel's Review

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Pros

It is easy to work with and plan the animation film production for my students

Cons

Printing should be MUCH better. It makes all sense to print the plan in a full row.
My students usually tries to get to toggle platform, which is another thing. Toggle Plan is not a nice name.

Randy B.

Useful for the self-employed

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

Pros

I needed a software that could help me record multiple tasks at the same time, so I can adequately send invoices to my clients.

Toggl provided that by allowing me to cover my learning periods, time spent writing and performing extensive research for projects.

It didn't take long to understand how to use this, even for first timers and after being recommended it for my business I'd like to do so for whoever reads this review.

Toggl ended up saving me the hassle of creating an elaborate system to manage my time, and solved it with a simple click of a button.

Cons

One thing I'd like to see is the availability to use multiple timers. Sometimes I can perform writing for 2 clients on a similar topic, but start and end at different times.

It would be nice to be able to pause and continue these timers in tandem with my work.

Also my memory is terrible and sometimes I forget to stop by timer, so an app to access and pause at my convenience would be extremely helpful.

Lastly, since I'm travelling a lot as I work, often I encounter places with poor internet connection and my timer can malfunction when this happens, so a way for it to keep going without internet would be a bonus as well.

Raewyn T.

Timekeeping made easy

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Pros

It’s so easy to use. Literally press the start and stop button when you start and finish what you’re doing. Even when you forget, it’s prompts you. And if you remember later, you can also edit the entries or post one belatedly.

Cons

The prompts while useful can become annoying when you use the computer for non-work related matters too.

Stacey R.

Love Teamweek

Reviewed on 08/06/2019

Very positive experience using Teamweek.

Pros

I love Teamweek! It is a great project management tool. I love having an easy overview of all my current projects and their due dates.

Cons

I wish the time wasn’t in military time. That’s my only complaint.

Sander E.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great planning tool

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Great! We use it daily.

Pros

Easy, no-nonsense planning tool. Great customer service, very open to suggestions.

Cons

There was an update a number of people didn't like, but after contacting customer service, they listened and changed it.

Monica R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Ease of Track in every window

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Would be amazing if there was a way to consolidate the items tracked in a ticket item to automatically calculate in Toggl.

Pros

There is definitely a pro to having a toggle icon in everything you do. Easy to press start and get tracking.

Cons

Sometimes stopping and restarting gets a bit tangled with you have a lot of task happening co-currently. Not a great multi-tasking tracker. But great at the basic task tracking as needed.

Steve G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Toggl is an Easy-to-Use Free Time-Tracking Resource For Freelancers.

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Ideal for those looking for straight time-tracking.

Pros

Easy-to-use. Fast set up and flexible array options related to time-tracking. Offers four tiers of service.

Cons

Has a free pay tier but priced tiers are pricey. Strictly for time-tracking; no related features offered.

Justin H.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Toggl - Timesheets for this Century

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Pros

I've seen and used a number of timesheet softwares that used a dated or difficult to use user interface. Toggl looks, feels, and acts like a timesheet should and will likely require much less training due to this. Simple, intuitive, and easy to use.

Cons

Have not been incredibly happy with the app - a mobile version of their site would probably be a better approach.

Stephen B.
  • Industry: Design

Great tool for timeline planning

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Great so far, but I haven't used the paid plans yet.

Pros

Simple drag and drop tasks per project, and per team member. The fields provided are very useful, and the interface is well thought out and easy to use. I like how it doesn't try to do too much. It focuses on what it's best at - planning projects and tasks over periods of time for teams. Eventually I can see it being tied into invoicing or time tracking software, whether 3rd party or built-in, but for the moment it works well.

Cons

The only problem I had was with the pricing. Many companies (and freelancers like myself) alerady pay for several web apps, such as invoicing and accounting (Freshbooks), prototyping (Invision), hosting and deployment (Envoyer, Forge, Local), so at $9 a month for just timeline planning is a bit high. I think the starter plan should be more like $4 or $5, with freelancers in mind.

Fraser D.

a very functionally rich piece of time management software

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Pros

- It is solely dedicated to time management, so the time tracking capabilities are very fleshed out
- the free service has many important functions, and the layout is quick and easy to manage

Cons

- because it is so niche, it is missing some features that are tangentially related to time tracking, such as scheduling

Stacy C.

I use Toggl to keep track of my work hours

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Pros

It's fairly easy to use and keep track of several projects I work on during the day. Also the reports are nice.

Cons

Sometimes parts of the screen are hard to see and it seems a bit flaky or buggy. I sometimes need to click a few times to get my entry to take.

Areane Q.

Awesome Software!

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Pros

Toggl is very reliable software in terms of monitoring your projects. It is very user-friendly application.

Cons

I haven't experienced major problems with this app. Good job!

Shirley W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use and generally free

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Easy to use, helps control time spent on projects.

Pros

Free, and easy to set up and use. Can use timer method, or can enter time spent on a project. Has a remote access tool, so even our IT manager can log time from his phone when he's onsite somewhere.

Cons

Users can enter too much of their own information which sometimes interferes with the data integrity.

Lauren J.
  • Industry: Research

Moving Parts = Toggl Plan can help!

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

I would have to say the customer service is exceptional. As a non-profit, we are limited in the resources we can use and the Toggl Plan team has been super helpful in working with us to meet our needs. When I first started in my current position I was a bit lost on how to organize everything and keep my team on track. We have a lot of processes in place that are similar but I felt like we needed something a bit more simple. After a lot of research, I decided Toggl Plan (previously Teamweek) seemed like the best option. They strive to offer new features and it has been a great improvement for our teams productivity.

Pros

The software is super user-friendly and not confusing in the slightest which is always nice. As a small-ish team of around 5 it has been really helpful to look at our workspace and see everyone's priorities. Before moving to Toggl Plan I was constantly asking everyone what was on their plate for the day and then we talked about prioritization. With this software I am able to see what the research assistants have on their to-do lists without having to spend the extra time asking. The milestones are super helpful in recalling previous dates of launches and whatnot. I am a huge fan of Toggl Plan and so is the entire team. We also LOVE all of the colors :)

Cons

I wouldn't say there is anything I dislike about the software but after using it for almost two years now there are some functionalities feedback that would be helpful to have.

One thing that I know you are all working on developing is the reoccurring tasks....this would be incredibly helpful and save me the time of duplicating things over and over again.

I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view (similar to an actual calendar you put on a wall)

It would also be great if Toggl good work on developing more integration tools (with outlook for example)

I also think it would be helpful to have a different type of calendar view not just

Clyde Q.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Needs work but is excellent.

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Positive. Good for generic task and planner planning (not for fullscale proj planning tho with dependencies etc, but thats not what I wanted). Needs better project integration (I don't understand it and trying to split up projects resulted in data loss, so just made all different projects parts of one big project.. Tasks (bizarrely called Icebox) is a bit of a chore. No one uses tasks by hours and minutes (has the dev ever done any PM?), so drop that in favour of making it really easy to set a number of days without having to chose dates. That said, tasks v useful, and drag and drop between folders etc excellent (provided you use with care).

Pros

SIMPLE TO USE! GREAT VIEW OPTIONS (3 months etc) -- Drag and Drop, easy edit of task positions and length, easy & flexi coloring, nice banding (called "segments"), easy note adding. Easily shared with colleagues (don't bother adding them as extra users tho [see Cons], just share the link).

Cons

No Data Export that I can find (which in itself is a concern -- help has broken links and seems chaotic), often does odd things and loses edits (minor so far, but this is why data export / import is vital). Poor Android version, but this prob a work in progress. Rollback also needed. The URL needs to be more consistent (at moment, it changes as you change project or view etc, leaving you wondering what your true URL is leaving one wondering where data will be next time. Tried to turn off daily report but still pesters me, so don't add your colleagues as separate email users or you might get some cross colleagues).

Soledad M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Software! The nicest interface!

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

I arrived to Toggl plan by serendipity looking for pomodoro Toggl tracker Feature.
I love to try new tools and Toggle tracker is almost a must have productivity tool to me.
Very comfortable to make plans and divided them in logic tasks, with a really nice look and and feel.
A small and lovely usability detail: You don't have to press edit or save to make changes on cards, totally comfortable feature when you are in planning meetings

Pros

The interface of Toggl Plan is the most friendly and well designed of all kanban tools.
Lovely typo, colors and very exact descriptions on cards, made me have crush with the tool.
The

Cons

Sadly it has a weird integration with Toggl Tracker (even it works better with Trello).
You can't see directly your Toggl Tracker clients and related them with a plan.
Also when you go to your account, you can't back to the tool (had to click back button several times on the browser)
With this small fixes, would be best tool.

Walter A.
  • Industry: Furniture

A Simple, Easy and Effective Planning Tool

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

It's a tool that helped me organized my entire working space in 15 minutes, with an extraordinary simplicity and effectiveness. What else would I want?

Pros

The Simplicity above all.
It runs super smoothly.

Cons

Doesn't have an android app yet. At least in the Brazilian Play Store.

Thomas J.

A pretty great and unique looking app for tasks in a timeline

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

I personally use Toggl Plan only for managing myself (both for my job but also for my personal projects), and it is essentially a log tool more than a planning tool.
There aren't any specific reason to not use this app to its fullest, but the features suit my needs perfectly.
What I really appreciate with using Toggl Plan is that I can have a great overview of all the things I've done along the timeline - which is pretty motivating.

Pros

What I really appreciate with Toggl Plan is the way of displaying the tasks on a horizontal timeline. It sounds pretty simple, but haven't seen any other product proposing such ergonomy. And the UI/colors have always been pretty nice which make it really pleasant to use.

Cons

One issue I can think of with Toggl Plan (which is not that big) is the performances. On powerful enough computers it's smooth, but I often use it on a Windows tablet (Yoga Book v1) which is limited - however other web apps look smoother than Toggl Plan. Though, the timeline navigation is obvisouly heavy in DOM manipulation thus it's understandable.
And finally I would really like to have a "2 weeks" view : The "week" view is too large for having an overall view on the tasks, and the "month" view makes the tasks' titles too short to read.

Amy N.

Just enough of the basics

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

I always like the idea of a robust project management system, but they always get to be a job managing it that I tended to stop using them. This is the perfect mix of essential features with ease of use without the bells and whistles that become overwhelming in their nuance. Those are nice, I suppose if you have the time to spend ringing those bells and whistles. I do not. This is a very happy medium.

Pros

My favorite is the timeline. I love that I can manage tiles in typical board fashion and easily see how it lays on a timeline. In addition to that, milestones or holidays can be seen across timelines which is fantastic for keeping important dates visible across projects. And in addition to THAT, there is the Team timeline which is super helpful to see all of my stuff group together in one timeline and relative to the rest of my team.

Cons

Some times I have to refresh my screen for changes on the board to show up on the timeline, but that's not a deal breaker. Also, I wish I could set recurring tasks.

Gilbert W.

Toggl Plan - A silky smooth experience from truly useful software

Reviewed on 27/07/2020

I find Toggl Plan very pleasing to use overall. I also really appreciate nice little touches like right clicking to copy/paste task blocks, or a native dark mode which make using this app a piece of cake. It's obviously been designed by people who actually use it.

Pros

+Easy to use and get set up with and easy to add teammates to

+I liked that I could split up tasks by categories but then see everything in the birds-eye project view

+Functional and quick to use, with handy importing task features (ie from CSV) or via a chrome extension

+I absolutely LOVED the drag interface - feels way better than manually entering in start and finish dates, and I liked that I could simply drag the task block to other team members if needed

+Quite a generous trial version (and support was really friendly and helpful and didn't pressure me to buy the premium version which makes me much more inclined to buy)

Cons

-If I was going to be picky, I'd say some of the default colours for task blocks are a little too glarey (but it's easy to change them).
-It would be super nice if there were a few more native integrations, but I'm sure these will come with time