AutoEntry

Eliminate manual data entry for your small business

4.6 /5 (170 reviews) Write a Review!
4.4
4.4
Ceejay J.
Industry: Retail

Good at Posting into Sage 50 Accounts

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

even when we have to manually put the order number in before we publish, it is still saving time.

Pros

AutoEntry attaches the invoice in to Sage.
the chat is very responsive and friendly.

Cons

It does not automate if you need your order number in Sage.
It is a lot more expensive than the competitor.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Terry P.
Industry: Accounting

Was there another way before Autoentry? Goodbye manual input!

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Pros

An intuitive product that delivers what is says - sales invoices, purchase invoices and bank statements seamlessly delivered into the accounting product (Quickbooks Online) in super fast time.
The access rights are very flexible meaning we can work with clients who we also set up to use it and the recently added App makes it even easier for them.
Its 'Pay As You Go' pricing structure is extremely attractive, with every useage credit available across all clients so there is never money wasted on unused capacity - unlike other similar products.
Efficient, inexpensive, consistent and reliable, all backed by great support - I wonder how I managed without it.

Cons

None at all.
... but I did have to invest in a better scanner to cope with the volume I am now putting through Autoentry!

Tom R.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Ease of Use and Integration

Reviewed on 03/07/2020

Previously I'd scan all of my PL invoices to my server drive to allow access and review for authorisation and then enter them on Sage. With AE this is all done as one function.

Pros

Fantastic product, easy to use, intuitive. The ability to split invoices across multiple cost-centers with differing vat rates is easier than posting directly into Sage, not to mention the multi-currency functionality. A Brilliant Product. The support team is second to none, with difficulties being resolved in minutes. A great product

Cons

If I have a wish list it would be to allow copying from the above line as in Sage with the F6 key.......... but I'm being pedantic

Kim P.

A great app but it needs a couple of tweeks

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Pros

Extremely easy to use and takes a lot of hard work out of rescue client work. I mainly use it to extract data from bank and credit card statements to produce import files but I have used it for purchase invoices as well. I normally upload documents during the evening so that they're ready for me the next morning and the accuracy is second to none.

Cons

A few tweaks are needed, in particular, when uploading documents the software doesn't actually tell you that the documents have been uploaded successfully, that would really put my mind at rest that the document was being processed without uploading a second time (which I've done on several occasions) - can work out a bit costly when uploading bank statements.

Zyaad P.
Industry: Accounting

AutoEntry brings efficiency to clients' bookkeeping

Reviewed on 09/06/2018

Pros

Having to spend less time coding and manually inputting invoices into accounting system and its machine learning capability.

Cons

Sometimes during busy periods, it can take a little longer for the system to process the uploaded information. I believe this is an area where some improvements are required.

Donna B.
Industry: Construction

Free trial review

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

So far reasonably impressed with it all. Especially the help and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Pros

Hopefully in the very near future once we have gotten the kinks ironed out the idea of less paper work to have to file and keep

Cons

We work very closely using project coding within sage. There are a few gremlins within this process that need to be sorted before we would 100% commit to switching fully to AE.

Katriona R.

A real time saver

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

I like the pricing structure, in that you are paying for what you use and not per client. I also like the fact that AE will scan in bank statements - I have clients who won't use bank feeds or allow me access to their accounts to import statements - Paper is still the way for them!!

Cons

The one thing I would like from Auto Entry is the ability to forward client emails with invoice attachments or if the client has scanned and emailed an invoice to me. I have to print off the attachment or the scanned in invoice, scan it again and then email on to auto entry, no time saving here.

An Auto Entry App would be great so that I or the client could capture the image of the document and send straight to Auto Entry (See Datamolino App)

Alan B.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Very useful timesaving tool

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

Pros

Autoentry integrates very well with our Accounting System, Xero, and we have it set up so suppliers can directly email their invoices to autoentry. Eliminates a lot of manual admin time, Supplier Information is automatically linked to Xero which provides default coding. We also use another app to route invoices for approval which automates the whole process.

Cons

Sometimes it seems to take a long time (several hours) for invoices to be loaded into autoentry after submission

Lloyd E.

Excellent product

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Pros

Ease of use and speed are invaluable in managing client work.
Pricing is flexible and easy to manage
Integration with software is very good

Cons

Would like the ability to reconcile bank accounts within the product for smaller clients which would be extremely helpful

Valerie M.

good product

Reviewed on 02/12/2017

Pros

Excellent and swift, easy to use and their helpful making the program compatible with software. Overall very good

Cons

Sometimes slow response from webchat which means you can't always get an instant answer which is frustrating

Industry: Computer Software

Good learning and recognition

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Pros

After an initial quick but successful trial, we've been rolling this out to clients over the last few months with no resistance. In fact, they have liked the ability to send invoices immediately without having to parcel them up.
Good recognition and quick to learn so its cutting down posting times. Better turn around times in the office and better info for clients. Win win.

Rebecca N.

Love the ease of scanning and loading docs into QBO

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Saves manual data entry for many transactions that need more detail. Clients that do a lot of cash transactions this helps to speed up data entry and coding.

Pros

It is great at integrating my clients receipts into QBO. Love that I can customize the monthly subscription and the number of integration I choose will roll over from month to month without loosing them. It is a life savor for data entry when working on clients that need a lot of cleanup work done to get their books up to date! Easy to use so I can delegate lower level staff to do all my scanning of receipts for review.

Cons

Time, I just have to do a lot of scanning. I am hiring a part-time worker do this. There just isn't anyway to get around this part of the job.

Better than receipt bank

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

Easy to use and therefore easy for clients to use.
Help team have answered all of my queries.
I like how you can select how the invoices are paid, which I found out recently.
Saves a lot of time, compared to entering invoices!

Cons

Can take a long time to convert the bank statement into CSV.
Sometimes pick ups credit invoices as purchase invoices.

Lindsay S.

A good time saver

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

It's simple to set up and easy for my clients to use. I like the way AutoEntry integrates with QuickBooks Online.

Cons

I don't like it when items get stuck in processing. Some of my clients send a spreadsheet of their expenses along with the actual receipts. The spreadsheets then remain in processing.

Walter W.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Promises are a mile wide and an inch deep

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Overall experience - Terrrible!

Pros

Its functionality and time saving benefits

Cons

The free trial period is not free, I needed to use far more credits and they di not disclos that they charge you 25p per additional credit. After complaining that free means free, Autoentry gave me credits to compensate for this and then they took them away at the end of the month (auto expiry). I have tried to reason with them but they are so short-sighted that they will not give me the credits back which would of lasted to the end of the free trial period. Credits lost £64 vs monthly subscription that is now cancelled £78. Autoentry, please the maths on this one.
There are other products with far less month end hassle and better customer service than this. Be advised stay away!

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Joanne T.
Industry: Accounting

Autoentry saves valuable time and recording accuracy

Reviewed on 01/12/2017

Pros

The photos upload into the bookkeeping software so you save time from hunting out the relevant paperwork. It is easy to use for the client so they do not object to using it. Every problem I have encountered has been resolved very quickly from support.

Joanne S.
Industry: Accounting

Moving towards a paperless business.

Reviewed on 10/07/2019

My business was receiving a lot of emails and hard copies of invoices that were very time consuming to upload. This has saved this .

Pros

Ease of use. Uploads in many different forms.

Cons

Time it takes to receive an invoice after it has been sent

Great functionality and pricing structure

Reviewed on 06/12/2017

Pros

The pricing structure attracted me to switch from one of their competitors as you are able to carry credits forward from month to month. The credits can be used against a number of clients rather than based on a monthly amount per client based on usage so it feels that you are getting value for money.

Able to process purchases, sales and bank statements. Previously I have used Receipt Bank that could only deal with purchases.

Good integration with Xero.

Cons

Would be useful to know how long it is likely to take for data to be processed to help manage workflow.

Great

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

Pros

As an accountant I have now used AutoEntry in line with a varied client list and it has really improved our productivity.

Clients now send all there expenses to the email address you are supplied and send us there bank statements at the end of the year.

Really has cut down on our data entry allowing us to spend more time reviewing and assisting where possible.

Cons

Links up with most accounting software but Digita is not on that list. Sage is also not seamless, only provides an import file. Hopefully there will be the option in the future to link to Sage drive

Myles D.
Industry: Design

Auto Entry has made our xero integration so much easier

Reviewed on 22/12/2017

Pros

It's good to use, easy to manage and makes my life easier as we're a small business who use it to help our accountant

Cons

It takes some time to get used to the interface and some training was needed to ensure correct usage.

Ana D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Finance Coordinator

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

It was good experience so far. CUstomer supports are great.

Pros

Lessen the data entry and it streamlines with our accounting software

Cons

Since we are new with this software we are still learning.

Time saver!

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Pros

The time saving is huge. It is also great to get rid of all the paper! I regret not moving over sooner!

Cons

As with all Cloud products you have to have an internet connection so this does give you some minimal limitations.

Catherine H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great Program

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Pros

This Software saves me lots of time, and the support is wonderful.

Cons

The program integrated with Sage no problems at all, and is easy to use.

Pete E.
Company size: Self Employed

Pointless

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 18/09/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

To add non computerised accounts to spreadsheets or SAGEone
At no time did I achieve an entry.
The (free) Sage bank import worked to an extent but every entry required adjustment.
No import was ever achieved from autroimport
The standing charge just ticks up until you realise its a pointless con

Pros

Nothing at all
certainly not the price

Cons

the inability to do anything with it. Only time I had a suitable client they said you may as well write his on a spreadsheet and use SAGE import!
Total and utter con

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Paul I.
Company size: Self Employed

Using Auto Entry is a good tool to have

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Pros

Converting the bank statements so can upload to accounting software. You can also upload the sales invoices if needed and purchase invoices

Cons

When uploading the statements to convert it adds to previous uploads therefore have to delete the old transactions otherwise would upload again.