Quick Base

The easiest way to build your own apps without code.

4.5 /5 (217 reviews) Write a Review!
4.5
4.1
4.3
4.1
4.3
Industry: Media Production

The best database platform for building customized solutions!

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

Our major issue with finding a business system was finding one that could meet the needs of our niche industry. Most could meet at best 50% of what we needed out of the box and required extensive customization and development for the rest, plus changes to our workflows to use features. QuickBase allowed us to build the system we needed to support our business as it is.

Pros

We love at how customizable and quickly we can build data-driven applications for our company. Our business has needed a business solution for years but was constantly at a logjam trying to find a solution that met all our business needs nor forced us to change our workflows. QuickBase being a platform solution allowed us to build a solution that specifically met our needs and workflows. And it allowed us to do it quickly with low-code, making it not just the most customizable solution but the most affordable one as well.

Cons

Being a company steeped in visual design, the look of QuickBase isn't the most exciting out there. We wish there were more options to customize the look.

Response from Intuit

Hey there!
We're so excited to read that you have joined the QuickBooks family and community! Providing you with the tools needed to succeed is what we strive for. It's a pleasure to read that QuickBooks works well for you and your business and that it allows you to build a solution that fits your needs and workflows. We recommend visiting our blog to keep up to date with what's new in QuickBooks: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/).
Wishing you the best!
-Jay, The QuickBooks Team.

Amelia F.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great Service for Any Project Manager

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

Overall I really like using Quick Base and have found it to be very helpful in my role of assigning tasks and managing the work of my other team members.

Pros

I use Quick Base on a daily basis as a way of assigning tasks to integrators, quality assurance editors, and other members of our marketing team. I like it because in addition to providing details on all members on a project, it enables me to customize tasks depending upon who it is going to.

Cons

The software only sends a prompt when you manually ask it to; it does not prompt the team member if they are running low on time to complete the task.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

QuickBase makes staffing easy

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

Excellent. We're trying to think of other ways to utilize QuickBase post COVID

Pros

I recently started using QuickBase and helped to implement QuickBase at our system to help with redeployment staffing due to COVID 19. I really like the functionality to make the program meet what you need. We have been using it for over a month on a daily basis and each day we find new ways to help us staff more efficiently. We have a list of our needs and employees who are available. We're able to key word search and run reports to excel and more. This really saved us in a time of need.

Cons

I would love to see a better phone and tablet application. It's functional but it's very limited in what you can do. I end up going into it through the website.

Industry: Higher Education

Great for small teams!

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

I would not recommend this to anyone not dealing with complex, or repetitive, data flow. There are better, simpler programs for it. I use it to track thousands of tiny, moving bits of information, and while I wouldn't say it's perfect -- it does a darn good job. QuickBase isn't that intuitive, but after a few weeks of loose training, it's still one of the better options and I found it reasonably easy to explore.

Pros

-It is highly customizable! You can add and remove features relatively easily.
-Apps can be set to not be available to all employees -- which is useful for both security, as well as efficiency. I like not having to browse 99 tabs to find the one I need.
-Online usage, nice for both in office and out of office work.
-Data entry and updating are simple and straightforward, which makes training somewhat quick.
-Broadly applicable across numerous industries, I've found it extremely useful for many different information communicating and recording purposes.

Cons

-To really make the most of QuickBase, there needs to be someone with high technology literacy to set everything up and troubleshoot. It can be used simply, but only if your needs are simple, and Quickbase will probably be more than you need if you're just looking for sales tracking or similar.
-Though not difficult, adding new data points can be extremely time consuming. In a small workplace, it really does matter if someone needs to spend several days entering data into the same forms, hundreds of times, across different apps. Obviously, this will vary depending on what the needs are.
-It takes a lot of clicks to get somewhere. A minor issue really, but I find it irritating to have to 10 things to get what I want because the search function isn't particularly sensitive.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Customer feedback is highly encouraged as it allows us to bring your suggestions to life. We highly recommend that you take a look at the QuickBooks Blog. (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv) This is where the latest product news is released. Wishing you a fantastic business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Gina C.

QuickBase is awesome!

Reviewed on 05/11/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There is so much I love about this product. Email notifications, customized databases, forms, rules, formulas etc. Using QuickBase has saved our department alot of money. We've built a lot of tools in-house instead of vetting and investing in additional vendors. If you have a technical mindset you can build anything with QuickBase. You can build experiences for your users that don't require alot of QB knowledge. We use it for lead retrieval, customer segmentation, CRM, marketing campaign management and much more.
QB has regular release dates, always bringing out new features, which is good.

Cons

The fact that anyone can create an application. We have many abandoned applications, however with some planning and rules put in place this is an easy solve. We also like it for project management, however have found to use other collaboration tools that allow to do things more quickly such as leaving a comment, checking things off as done as well as some file version control. all things doable in QB, however we had some issues with the team doing the admin work of updating. Using a different tool, then tying it to QB is the solve that worked for us

Industry: Accounting

A Lot of Functionality and Options when Building on top of QB

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Has truly been excellent the majority of the time. Minor hiccups, like anything, along the way, but now we have a good plethora of applications and functionalities spread across a growing company and QB has adapted well and increased their response time with any issues identified. It has been a while since any sort of major incident has come up.

Pros

The flexibility, ability to query reports on demand, employee tracking, internal applications that are able to be built off QB, along with many other internal applications. Able to easily code alerting to employees based on alerts, allow them to manage assignments and tasks, keep track of their projects and schedule, and ultimately save our company money.

Cons

Reliability on services is sometimes difficult. If something breaks, you will need to understand what is broken and alert Quickbase. There is only so much you can troubleshoot before waiting on QB.

John S.
Industry: Automotive

Great Cloud Based Database

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

With the help of support, you can pretty much create whatever you need that is database driven. The fact that you can log in and see your data from anywhere with internet access is great. The ability to input data via mobile phone is awesome as well.

Pros

Great software that allows multiple users to access and update the same database. We use it to track service visits, and have our service advisors track free oil changes throughout the dealer group.

Cons

The price was raised per user. We are not a huge company so the price jump almost caused us to discontinue use. Support is great, but it would be nice to get in touch with them immediately, instead of having to open a case and wait to hear back. They typically respond the same day and can resolve the issue, but they can only resolve one issue at a time.

Patricia G.
Industry: Utilities

Quickbase is the future of Databases

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

If you are looking to streamline your data and have it available for all your company to have access at their fingertips... this is the application you need. We are a large Fuel provider and have started utilizing Quickbase applications for purchase orders, fleet management, parts returned, functions tremendously saves, etc. It has unified processes within the company that were never able to stick before. Data is retrievable quickly for instant answers. We learn from it every day and it has functions tremendously. Easy to use to develop apps for simple tasks or complex customer databases. Everyone should be using Quickbase!

Pros

The convenience and ease of the drop down functions to input data and then search it a plethora of ways for easy quick answers

Cons

Quickbase should provide more training and or tips that are easy to find and follow without having to pay for a seminar.

Daniel M.
Industry: Consumer Services

An almost perfect tool for SMBs

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Pros

Easy transition from excel to quickbase. Very intuitive to import and create data-bases. I dont have any further programing background (except the programing classes I had during my engineering graduation), but still I was able to set the programs and reports I need for my company.

Cons

Lack of support for specific characters of the Portuguese / French / Spanish language, such as ç, é, è, ã etc. This made it impossible to use email synchronization tools (we use gmail) and even sending emails through the tool has problems with those characters.

It is very bad to send an email with the name of an unconfigured company just because it has a simple caret.

I'm not asking Quickbase to translate the tool, but only to make it usable by countries that do not use English alone. Because this does not allow us to use 100% of the tool, my note will not be 100% either.

Teresa R.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Project and portfolio management just got easier!

Reviewed on 15/07/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

If you're in the market for an easy to use, modular and scalable project management software with comprehensive reporting features, it's Quickbase. The software can be completely customized to fit your org's needs, detailing daily project management through portfolio management. Resources, financials and forecasting with NPV and risk assessments - its all included. Using Quickbase at full capacity, it can function as an enterprise software solution, storing all of your docs for clean cataloguing, or customizing fields for easy recall functionality. Keep your business organized and ontrack - one tool with everything in it.

Cons

Space gets tight quickly if using this system as an enterprise software solution. Be sure to calculate in ADVANCE to accomodate your budget.

Paul L.

QuickBase is a great way to get lots of people get lots of things done

Reviewed on 15/10/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's super flexible - lots of 'get you started' simple things.

intuit is providing more training about how to solve basic problems leading to more complex problems.

great online support tools, a nice community for extra solutions

it's really fast, and has great uptime

can set it up to be super secure, and still let 'anyone' use parts without violating secure area

flexible with a fair amount of customization

Cons

it's a little pricey if you only use the toolset to solve a single issue.
we have 7 different systems now that tie into each other, and that's made the $$ work out much better.

you can't always get things to visually look the way you want to

Kimberly B.
Industry: Telecommunications

we use this to send and receive PO's from our customers.

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

makes it easier for us to send P.O.'s back and forth between us and our customer. Saves time and money.

Pros

user friendly and easy to navigate through the site. you can find what you are looking for quickly.
its very convenient way to send documents back and forth between us and our customers.

Cons

when you are up loading files at certain times of the day I.E. mid morning and afternoon. it takes a long time to upload docs. to the site some times it times out or you need to restart the process again . this would be the only con i have about this product.

Adith K.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Get your data captured and stored at ease by using the Quick base

Reviewed on 05/07/2018

Pros

Data including the very minor details are displayed, helping the management to make good decisions. You can create a report very quickly and these reports get send to the concerned staff automatically. You can customize the application according to your requirements. The import feature helps you enter bulk data. The application is synchronized, and whatever edits you make will be instantly done. You can customize the layout, the application has an easy to use interface. You get email notifications based on your invoices, delivery, and other updates. It does not take a tech-savvy person to work on the application.

Cons

The graphics capabilities are less when compared to other applications. The absence of regular audit trails.

Quickbase streamlined the time and project management for our professional services company.

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Quickbase helps our project manager with all info in one convenient location.

Pros

It can be customized to suit the needs of your company. We hired a Quickbase Expert who worked with us to create a time tracking and project management portal that is perfect for our specific needs.

Cons

While it does integrate with Quickbooks desktop version, we often ran into sync issues. We are now on Quickbooks online and it integrates seamlessly.

Brad P.
Industry: Facilities Services

Customer service below par.

Reviewed on 29/05/2015

Quickbase does not offer a phone number for customer service and sometimes take days to respond to e-mails. I often seem to know more about the program than the service representative I get - my boss says if I stay on the phone long enough with Quickbase I will figure a way around the problem while they tell me all the reasons something can't be done. I have found you can't respond to the surveys they send honestly if you want any help next time. The rep will scold you about how it negatively impacts their career and will likely not pick your email next time which means you wait that much longer before you get help next time. The reps like to call after office hours so they can show they attempted to respond quickly but you get no real help. The table-to-table relationships are so convoluted you will need a half-dozen fields and a weird relationship table to get information from one table to another, and then it won't arrive the way you want: It may be a drop-down that you have to click on four different fields to get the info from the other table. Ever need a simple number generator (x+1) for invoice numbers, job numbers, etc? Go somewhere else or hire someone to build you one (Excel users will cry). You get the response: we are working on that.
Bottom Line: when developing a management program you will have time-sensitive issues that will make you wish for something better.

Pros

Cloud-based program.

Cons

Convoluted, poor customer service, slow loading tables.

Response from QuickBase

Hi Brad -

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do pay close attention to what our customers say about us, and are always looking for opportunities to improve.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with our Customer Care team. We set a high bar for delivering world-class customer service, and take your feedback seriously.

We have also been hard at work solving some of the product challenges you mentioned. This week we announced QuickBase Sync, a built-in feature that makes connecting QuickBase tables — and getting the right data in the right format — easier than ever. Many companies are also using Sync to import invoice numbers directly from their accounting platforms (QuickBooks Online, Intacct, or NetSuite, for example), which may help solve the formula challenge you mentioned.

Please feel free to follow up with me directly at [email protected] I am happy to continue working with you to ensure you're as successful as possible.

Mel Porter
Customer Care Leader
Intuit QuickBase

Lauren C.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Wonderful product! Multipurpose.

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

We use this in almost every department of our organization! Versatile in every aspect

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to upload excel spreadsheets. User and client friendly. Can use for literally any projects!

Cons

Pricing could be a bit better. A bit on the pricey side. By sides paying by user I would prefer a lump amount. Some users don't use it as frequently as others

Jessica S.

Easy to use even for beginners

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

I like that this is basically a handcrafted excel calculator and information tracker. This software is constantly helping me keep track of my leasing percentage!

Cons

The thing I like lease it the editability of the app. It can often be hard to cater the app specifically to my needs rather than what is "generally needed"

Christine P.
Industry: Education Management

Quickbase as a practice management solution

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Quickbase has taken us to another step in management of our growing practice and has allowed us to circulate some responsibilities easily as well as generate reports that can support a concrete understanding of the projects and programs that we are managing across the practice over time and by scale.

Pros

Quickbase offers an overall troubleshooting solution for our organizations practice management needs which has allowed us to move from a bottlenecking of administrative processes ranging from client relationship management to reimbursement processing for consultants.

Cons

Its not super user friendly and there are limited bells and whistles. Its not well connected to other services or applications that we use, google and trello as examples of what would be useful but are not included for this application.

Debra H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy to use, makes the 'blackboard' process easy

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

The easiest platform to navigate and move around. You can choose where you need to move to and there is no lagging.

Pros

You can navigate so easily through QB. It's an easy peasy software platform where you can jump from one place to another easily.

Cons

I wish there was more explanation of each of the choices to jump to. That gets confusing. If it could be more simple in terms of choices it would be helpful.

Frances R.
Industry: E-Learning
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Easily Customizable Custom Project Management

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

Pros

You can design it to work the way you need it to. It is highly customizable. It can work with other software and pull information and data.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to design an app properly. It helps if you have feedback from all the stakeholders.

Heather M.
Industry: Insurance
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Workable quickbase

Reviewed on 28/03/2017

I use this system daily to do root cause analysis. It is easily maintained and customizeable. Reporting is easy and user friendly

Pros

Easy to maintain and manipulate

Cons

Creation of multiple tables to enable different form options makes it cumbersome at times

Auntuell M.

We use this for daily reporting in our real estate market.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Pros

Easy to use , clean , user friendly. Delivers a space to enter all pertinent information in one place.

Cons

It crashes when you update and we don't always get notifications of when an update is going to take place.

Kim M.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great product, a little pricey for lots of users

Reviewed on 19/10/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ease of use and it is owned by a reputable company.

Cons

If we had not been early users we would not be able to afford using this in the current way that we do. We are limited to how many users we will allow because of the cost. This could be a great tool if there was a way to add unlimited viewers with the permission to create their own significant charts and reports.

David G.

QuickBase The User Friendly Place to Be

Reviewed on 11/11/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

You don't have to be an IT person. In Fact QuickBase is designed for the Business User to built applications. The structure of QuickBase is such that it follows the logic of a process as if you were actually doing the functionality as a Business User. QuickBase fits like a glove, designing and using applications is a natural flowing process.

Cons

To date I can honestly say there is nothing I dislike about QuickBase

Nichole H.

I use Quick Base everyday and it is a lifesaver!

Reviewed on 08/03/2018

Pros

Quickbase is super user-friendly and is very organized! It is a great software to use for your leasing needs. It keeps all of your information organized and attainable.

Cons

I wish Quickbase updated more often. Every once in a while it would be good to see if they can add any additional features that would be useful.