Quickbase Reviews

Quickbase

No-code collaborative work and project management platform.

4.1/5
4.3/5
4.2/5
Customer Support Software
4.3/5

• Industry: Political Organization

Quickbase: Easy to Learn, Rewarding to Master

Reviewed on 18/09/2015

I have been using Quickbase since July of 2011 with my consulting firm that specializes in making Operations, Logistics, and Finance-related applications for many clients in the Washington, DC area. Coming from a statistics programming background, I found it very easy to start making simple relational databases and customize the user experience to my liking. Over the years, Quickbase has only gotten better in offering more options and polish, while still remaining stable and very robust for any number of use cases. One downside to being such a broad tool is that our clients sometimes don't even think to ask if something can be done in Quickbase, and instead wasting money on a more targeted application that is more out of the box ready. We commonly find that with new clients, making a simple app starts to open up the "what ifs" in their mind on what can be done in Quickbase. This is made even easier these days with the Quickbase App Exchange, showcasing beginner level applications, and the new Quickbase Sync which allows out of the box (one-way) data transfers from several 3rd party applications.

Overall as a developer, the more time you put into exploring what Quickbase can do, the more possibilities there are in meeting requirements for potential projects.

Pros

Easy to set-up, but has a lot of depth for those willing to take the time to learn. Low-code and great for experienced Excel and Google Sheets formula writers.

Cons

They are working on this, but the front end often receives complaints for looking too plain. Also the summary aggregation reports are in need of some TLC, and adding more functionality for picky executives who want things to look a certain way. I hope the attention they are putting into the very nice looking graphs and charting options is turned to Summary Reports soon!

Robertson
Robertson
  • Industry: Printing
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Deploy highly customizable workflow apps in no time

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Overall, it meets our business and operational needs within manufacturing quality. We use QuickBase in a number of our operations workflow. Workflow automation, messaging system, and customizable user dashboards are 3 key features in this app that we use a lot.

Pros

QuickBase is one of those apps that allow actual app users to design and create applications based on what they actually need. This is a platform that allows you to deploy apps in no time. This app also allows you to continuously evolve your apps as new requirements arise.

Cons

Just like any other platforms in the market, this platform is constantly evolving. Areas where I think QuickBase can improve more is its native report generation capability. More chart types and more widgets you can fit in the dynamic dashboard within its native capability is a welcome improvement.

abe
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Disturbing Relationship with a company that should be there for your success

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

In the begining, we started using the app. everything was great until about a year in. im not happy and for the investment, take my advise, SPEND the Extra money and just use Salesforce they arent the best platform for no good reasons. we have already started using Salesforce and have befitted from the switch Greatly.

Pros

This App is basically an excel sheet on steroids.

Cons

The app takes you through multiple steps to save, add or edit an app page. When it comes to process, this app will make you click "Edit" then once you enter your data you have to click "save". The "premier" users or platinum users is ok but when you try to speak to them, all you get is "good luck going else where" . The fact is, they will lure you in, but lets face it. once you move your database in, they count on you not moving it out.

Salesforce Revenue Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Quickbase

I thought it would be the same quality for a cheaper price, we were all wrong.
Swapnil
Swapnil
  • Industry: Textiles

QuickBase: Streamline Your Business Processes and Improve Operational Agility

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Our experience with QuickBase has been overwhelmingly positive. We found that the platform was very intuitive, making it easy for us to get up and running quickly. The features and integrations allowed us to easily automate many of our business processes, saving us time and money. The customer support team was also incredibly helpful in walking us through any issues we had. Overall, QuickBase has been an invaluable tool for our company and has helped us improve our operational agility, customer responsiveness, and employee engagement.

Pros

What I liked the most about Quickbase is its power and flexibility when it comes to customizing solutions to fit your business's needs. Not only that, but their customer service team is incredibly helpful - they always respond quickly and provide support whenever needed. Furthermore, the interface is very user-friendly and intuitive; you can create a database in minutes with no coding skills necessary. All in all, QuickBase provides an excellent solution for businesses looking to quickly streamline their processes and increase efficiency.

Cons

One of the things we didn't like about QuickBase was the lack of user-friendly features. While the platform is powerful, it can be quite difficult to set up and maintain. The learning curve might be a bit steep for less tech-savvy users, so they may need assistance in getting accustomed to the software. Additionally, there are limited customization options for the look and feel of the applications created in QuickBase.

Isabelle
Isabelle

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase - for the motivated user

Reviewed on 14/08/2017

Quickbase can be as powerful as you make it - it has the ability to build huge, custom, smart databases that are integrated with other platforms to remove data silos and ensure smooth and efficient work flows. However to really get the most out of Quickbase you need to be motivated to learn, explore and build test case apps to really understand what you need and how to get that out of QuickBase. The learning curve isn't too bad, and there is a fantastic community of users providing innovative solutions to problems all the time.

Pros

Great support and help system
New "QuickBase University" for training and learning is great for new and old users to develop their QB development
Fantastic flexibility to build exactly what you need

Cons

User interface - not great, our organisation has struggled with uptake due to the reasonably spartan and functional user interface

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Utilities

Scale Business Processes with Intuit QuickBase

Reviewed on 31/05/2015

I have found from using Intuit QuickBase that it allows for very custom, time-consuming business processes to be transformed into a simple "app" or database without any coding. If you have a technical background, QuickBase also provides code pages for even further customization of the functions and interface. The interface is quite intuitive and directs users to the buttons they need to perform their actions. I attribute the successful adoption patterns to the simplistic user interface. The interface looks more like a web application and less like a DIY database. The platform is a perfect alternative to Microsoft Access or Excel. I utilize features like automated emails, workflows/business logic, and custom dashboards with reporting to ensure my users always have the information most important to them. I have built QuickBase apps that support hundreds of users and core business processes, many which are custom to the industry or organization, replacing the need for ERP functionality.

Pros

-Intuitive user interface
-Ad-hoc report builder (great for non-technical users)
-No-code/low-code platform (quickly create and deploy apps/databases)
-Custom dashboards for specific users/roles
-Security of Intuit (TurboTax, QuickBooks, etc.)
-Awesome support and account management

Cons

-Improved mobile app
-Increased branding/white-labeling

Response from Quickbase

Thanks for the positive feedback, Rick! We love having you as a customer!

Laura
Laura

QuickBase Accelerates Productivity

Reviewed on 29/05/2015

QuickBase applications can accelerate productivity by enabling Rapid Application Development with a simple low-code platform. The highest level of permissions controls with simple, easy to use forms and dashboards which provide Users with information at their fingertips. The applications I have built, enable businesses around the world to capture, share, report and collaborate as teams providing a centralized single-input source of business-critical data. QuickBase is easily scalable and allows businesses to connect their Applications to other cloud-based data sources. Taking QuickBase beyond its native capabilities is easily achieved with customized programming and support from QuickBase Developers who can make QuickBase function at the highest levels in business.

Pros

Easy to build, fast to deploy with plenty of online, community and Developer support. QuickBase is a tool to replace other data-entry software and programs. Strong permission controls; easy-to-build Forms; easy-to-build reports; and regular free updates to the interface from Intuit which invests heavily into improvements and upgrades which are at no extra charge to the customer.

Cons

Do not expect QuickBase to be a replacement for business-level Accounting software such as QuickBooks, although QuickBase can be integrated with Accounting software in different ways.

Frances
Frances
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Easily Customizable Custom Project Management

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

Pros

You can design it to work the way you need it to. It is highly customizable. It can work with other software and pull information and data.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to design an app properly. It helps if you have feedback from all the stakeholders.

Magaly
Magaly
  • Industry: Textiles

An experience of 11 months of use

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

As I use a few software that generate reports, this one also allows me to do them and so I relate them and generate a more complete file. In the time that I am using it, I find it an easy to use application.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the possibility to generate reports, something that in my field is very useful and saves time. In addition, it allows you to create applications with little or no programming experience.

Cons

In my case I consider it a more useful application for developers. Some modifications require a more technical handling, so that people from the area of letters like me, we would use it somewhat superfluous.

Ramin
Ramin

The best Database Solution

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Pros

First of all, the price is so cheap for that kind of service and features. The software is super flexible and customizable. Easy integration and transfering data with Excel.

Cons

It's not very convenient to use, tools are navigated to difficult places and it takes a long time to adapt the entire interface.

Christine
Christine

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase as a practice management solution

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Quickbase has taken us to another step in management of our growing practice and has allowed us to circulate some responsibilities easily as well as generate reports that can support a concrete understanding of the projects and programs that we are managing across the practice over time and by scale.

Pros

Quickbase offers an overall troubleshooting solution for our organizations practice management needs which has allowed us to move from a bottlenecking of administrative processes ranging from client relationship management to reimbursement processing for consultants.

Cons

Its not super user friendly and there are limited bells and whistles. Its not well connected to other services or applications that we use, google and trello as examples of what would be useful but are not included for this application.

Airtable and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Quickbase

We wanted something with more complex modifications for our uses.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Quickbase

Familiarity with the program on the part of one of our administrators was a key factor as they could most easily support a transition versus learning a new alternative.
Michelle
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Quickbase Review

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

Pros

Quickbase allows developers to customize the apps, forms, tables, and fields to best fit our application. It allows us to use coding to achieve some cool code pages and buttons within our apps. In addition, Quickbase continues to make improvements to the ease of use both within the apps and the Pipelines. Adding drag and drop features allows us to make changes quicker than we did before when we had to remove and re add.

Cons

Additional Pipeline tags would be a nice feature to have. Right now we are limited on the number of tags we can have for our Pipelines. Additionally, it is difficult to remove old tags as you have to go through each individual Pipeline and remove the tag. This is especially difficult for companies with hundreds of Pipelines such as ourselves. Additionally, we would like to see some of our support cases gain more traction. There have been numerous times where we submit an issue and the ticket either gets ghosted after the first communication, or the ticket just gets closed with no explanation. Currently there is an issue where our users can see the fields under a tab that is "hidden".Finally, it would be beneficial to be able to see more helpful details in the field usage page, especially with Pipelines. It tells you if it is used in one but there is no easy way to find that Pipeline from the information given.

Brad
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Customer service below par.

Reviewed on 29/05/2015

Quickbase does not offer a phone number for customer service and sometimes take days to respond to e-mails. I often seem to know more about the program than the service representative I get - my boss says if I stay on the phone long enough with Quickbase I will figure a way around the problem while they tell me all the reasons something can't be done. I have found you can't respond to the surveys they send honestly if you want any help next time. The rep will scold you about how it negatively impacts their career and will likely not pick your email next time which means you wait that much longer before you get help next time. The reps like to call after office hours so they can show they attempted to respond quickly but you get no real help. The table-to-table relationships are so convoluted you will need a half-dozen fields and a weird relationship table to get information from one table to another, and then it won't arrive the way you want: It may be a drop-down that you have to click on four different fields to get the info from the other table. Ever need a simple number generator (x+1) for invoice numbers, job numbers, etc? Go somewhere else or hire someone to build you one (Excel users will cry). You get the response: we are working on that.
Bottom Line: when developing a management program you will have time-sensitive issues that will make you wish for something better.

Pros

Cloud-based program.

Cons

Convoluted, poor customer service, slow loading tables.

Response from Quickbase

Hi Brad -

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We do pay close attention to what our customers say about us, and are always looking for opportunities to improve.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a negative experience with our Customer Care team. We set a high bar for delivering world-class customer service, and take your feedback seriously.

We have also been hard at work solving some of the product challenges you mentioned. This week we announced QuickBase Sync, a built-in feature that makes connecting QuickBase tables — and getting the right data in the right format — easier than ever. Many companies are also using Sync to import invoice numbers directly from their accounting platforms (QuickBooks Online, Intacct, or NetSuite, for example), which may help solve the formula challenge you mentioned.

Please feel free to follow up with me directly at [email protected]. I am happy to continue working with you to ensure you're as successful as possible.

Mel Porter
Customer Care Leader
Intuit QuickBase

Norman
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Our main project management tool

Reviewed on 16/08/2020

Pros

- Users can be taught how to use main features in short period of time.
- Graphical interface gives good reporting of metrics.
- Easy to use as a ticketing and request tool for interactions with clients.
- Easy to find/locate previous tickets for prior projects and work.
- Ability to make sub-tasks of a projects allows work to be split up and assigned.

Cons

- Inability to take more the three attachments for a particular project seems space limiting for larger endeavors.
- Limited number of user licenses means only certain people can use/create tickets.

Response from Quickbase

Hey there, Norman!
We'd like to thank you for taking the time and leaving us a review. We'd be happy to submit your feedback to our developers. Most of the updates and features we roll out come directly from our community. You can keep up to date with the new additions to QuickBooks by visiting our blog: (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/). We also recommend visiting our community page for tips, answers to commonly asked questions/support and more: (community.intuit.com).
We hope you have an amazing day!
-Jay, The QuickBooks Team.

Ashley
Ashley

• Customer Support Software

Useful and innovative with a few unfortunate quirks.

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

The software can be made HIPAA compliant and we were able to gather data from it in another form. Those were the top 2 benefits.

Pros

The customization capabilities are impressive. You can create pretty much anything using this software, and what's even more impressive is that you can gather data using this software. I used it to create satisfaction surveys (both internally and externally) and it proved to be an invaluable tool in that sense. Additionally, this software proved to be a fantastic asset with maintaining patient portals, employee profiles, etc.

Cons

Unfortunately, profiles (as easy as they are to create) are very easy to delete and screw up. You can manipulate security access and such, but if someone makes a wrong move and deletes a profile (or worse, a FIELD), you're in trouble. ALL of that data will be lost if that happens. It would be nice to have an automatic backup of some sort just in case, but we did not find that to be an option in our testing and use of the product. There are a few odd quirks, as well -- for instance, you may have to create relationships that are multi-faceted or "backwards" to get profiles to "talk" to each other. Sometimes that feature is not as intuitive as you might hope.

Lauren
  • Industry: Design

Quickbase is a Game Changer

Reviewed on 31/03/2023

Learning CRM and how to keep up relationships/ask for new jobs. Easy source to find old and new clients. Helps me keep track of my numbers (goals, invoicing, pipeline).

Pros

The program is extremely organized and allows me to multitask and manage over 150 projects. Setting dates that create reminders for my projects important deadlines, following up on quotes out for approval, checking on order status, etc.

Cons

There are many columns in the job page that will not show up on the quote that are crucial to customer reading it (ex: UOM). User has to be detailed in description instead of relying on the unit of measurement column.

Sanford
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Quick Base Has Been Good To Us

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

With QB one of the main things we use it for is to track inventory. This is used on a daily basis by the team and is an efficient way to manage may of our assets. There are other reports that we use QB for and it is a good way for us to communicate with our team without having to send multiple emails out.

Pros

QB is pretty easy to learn and use. We can put a new person in one of our modules and show them how to use it straight away. There are more advanced features that we use but those are also easy to come up to speed on.

Cons

The only issue I have had with this is customizing reports that I have already created. It took me a little bit of time in order to find out how to do it and when I tried to do it again I had forgotten how I had done it before. Maybe it's just me but this is not a clearly labeled feature.

• Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase helps keep my projects on track and on budget

Reviewed on 25/06/2021

Pros

I might be out of the norm here for Quickbase, but my team primarily uses it as a ticketing solution. We work with departments across my organization that require our team's knowledge and expertise, and keeping track of requests and tickets before Quickbase was a pain. I relied on my team to mark their own requests and to share them with others, but sometimes requests or tickets fell through the cracks. With Quickbase, I can stay on top of my team's requests and delegate tasks where appropriate.

Cons

Quickbase is feature rich, but it is not the prettiest software I've ever used. While I do appreciate the simplicity, the UI/UX might be a turn off for new users just learning the ropes.

David

• Customer Support Software

A great way to set goals, track progress, and clearly set tasks and deadlines for team members.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Pros

QuickBase is, first of all, affordable. There are many different products on the market with similar functionality but also with a price tag which renders them impractical for many small businesses. With this software, we have been able to assign projects and deadlines to each member of the team while simultaneously providing a visual as to how their project contributes to the larger picture. Furthermore, this software has allowed us to identify projects which require more manpower or can be done with less; the identification of these situation has allowed us to proactively correct assignments before consternation among the team members arises.

Cons

The User Interface is a little confusing to navigate initially. To counteract this, we put together an instructional presentation and had our team members perform a brief exercise to ensure they were well equipped.

Rome

Quickbase is home.

Reviewed on 20/11/2021

Overall, I thought Quickbase blew the top off of any other data management software I have ever seen. The fact that I didn’t need to use excel or numbers or my notes for data management anymore after I consolidated my data into Quickbase, made me feel professional. Each import took no time at all and I finally can breathe because everything is in one spot and not clustered. The table/chart building side of Quickbase is very fluent and easy to understand, even for software amateurs!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to import all of my data that I was already using on all types of different softwares. I run a cellphone repair business and using the relationship feature really helped me build the goals virtually on Quickbase. Seeing everything laid out in one place makes me happy.

Cons

When it comes to paper receipts/documents, I feel like there could be something for transferring documents through maybe taking a picture for your phone. Not everyone has a scanner (that they know how to use) and now days taking a picture on your phone is far more accessible.

Attila
  • Industry: Chemicals

Powerhouse for business operation

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

The system is very easy to use. It has a modern layout which is pleasant to work with. The main advantages of this system that authorized personel can shape the software to our needs with ease. The software is fast to work with. There are countless way to use it.

Pros

Integration of new features is very quick ans easy for our IT personel.

Cons

We do not have problems with Quickbase as we can solve any problems that may occur.

Shannon

• Customer Support Software

A program that houses all of our client information in one place - awesome!

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

We use it daily. All of our projects are managed through the system and connected with the client. It allows for each person in our company everything that we have completed and billed for, for each of our clients. All in one place, which is key!

Pros

There is quite a bit of flexibility built-in which allows us to customize reports on the data that is most important for each manager in the company.

Cons

There are some limitations/restrictions that don't allow for as much customization as we would like. At times we have to hire a programmer to help us customize features to get more out of the data that we have stored in there.

• Customer Support Software

Quickbase's Project Pipeline and Task Management features make it simple to keep track of...

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Hundreds of websites are the subject of bids from a wide range of potential buyers. Instead of distributing Excel spreadsheets, all the information is kept in one location. It's possible for all of the departments involved to enter their own data. Upon completion of the data review and confirmation, the Project Administrator returns the completed work to the client for award and/or contract fulfillment. We've made it easier to show analytics by digitizing our data and centralizing it across all of our departments. Good experience for retail companies!

Pros

While it can be set up in a matter of minutes, it's usually best to discuss the application's needs before getting started.

Cons

Reports are difficult to format. There are third-party tools that allow for the functionality of sending reports to your clients or within your company. The reporting aspect of Quickbase is something I'd like to see improved upon.

Trish
  • Industry: Utilities

• Customer Support Software

QuickBase is the lifeline of my daily tasks! Any answer I need, QB holds the answer!

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

QuickBase has allowed us to streamline purchasing of numerous departments into one place. Easy reference to who, what, where, and how much is at everyone's fingertips. Tracking of parts, vehicle fleet info, uniform request... we have it all right there and it is so valuable.

Pros

Easy answers at your fingertips to all your data. Organizing your purchasing, fleet, employees is a snap. Creating an app to is simple and quick. The functionality of the database makes our business efficient and provides quick answers.

Cons

I wish there was more help from QB regarding app building rather than contracting out services. When you need guidance and direction, they should be able to help you on the spot to create and correct your app to get you up and running.

Harish
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

The best application to build your business empire.

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

Pros

QuickBase helps the users to create a workspace easily. The users could do this even without any knowledge of coding. The interface is very simple and neat. This application can be especially helpful and easy for users who are well equipped with Excel. Though initially there shall be some trouble in getting what you require, a little research can help you to build a great application. It is completely worth the money that is being spent on it.

Cons

The support team is not very efficient. The only provided method of contacting them is through emails, which take several days for a response. Other queries need to be dealt with the Solution Providers.