Genbook

The smart and simple all-in-one online scheduling solution

4.6/5

271 Software options

Amy E.

EXCELLENT, VERY EFFICIENT, RELIABLE, EASE OF USE

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

I HAVE LOVED IT FROM THE START, ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAD 6 CONSULTANTS AS I WAS ABLE TO MONITOR WHAT THEY WERE DOING OR NOT DOING AND HELP THEM FILL THEIR HOURS WITH CLIENTS. IT WAS VERY BENEFICIAL AS A CEO. WHEN I DECIDED TO DOWNSIZE I CONTINUED TO USE IT AS I LOVED GENBOOK AND ALL OF THE FEATURES AND EASE OF USE.

Pros

EASY TO USE FOR MYSELF AND CLIENTS FOR SCHEDULING, LOVE THE COLOR SO I CAN KNOW WHAT SERVICE I AM PROVIDING AT A QUICK GLANCE, LOVE THE REVENUE ASPECT SO I KNOW WEEKLY WHAT MY INCOME IS AND WHAT IT I HAVE LOST FROM NO SHOWS. LOVE THE NEW WAIT LIST AS IT HAS BEEN WORKING GREAT FOR MY CLIENTS! I LOVE BEING ABLE TO ENTER ALL OF THE CLIENT INFORMATION AND HAVING A PLACE TO DOCUMENT THE NOTES, BESIDES IN THE CLIENTS' CHART.

Cons

I HONESTLY CAN NOT THINK OF ANYTHING! COMPARED TO OTHER SOFTWARE AND APPS THIS IS THE BEST AND I LOVE IT.

Acuity Scheduling, Schedulehead, and FlockBase

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

EASE OF USE AND ALL OF THE FEATURES WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Response from Genbook

Hi Amy,

This review made our day!

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Shalene Z.

Long time user

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Pros

I appreciated how user friendly Genbook is. I like that it capture client reviews and has a clean looking interface.

Cons

There are a couple little things. Session note capability would be nice.

Schedulicity, Full Slate, and MassageBook

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

At the time I had two locations. It was before you had that capability. I absolutely hated there platform. Too many whistles and bells, not user friendly and too expensive for a solo therapist. I have worked for other companies who use other systems. Genbook is still my favorite.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

It was the first platform I ever used and have been happy with it. Why mess with a good thing.

Response from Genbook

Hi Shalene,

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests.

Imani B.

Review on Genbook

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Overall I’m very happy with genbook. I haven’t had any mishaps or slip ups.

Pros

I love that my clients can book more than one service at a time, they can’t book any time, and that my book is also a smart book so it doesn’t double book for me it manages out my time and also, jane book asked my customers for reviews and makes it very easy and self-explanatory to use. I also like the announcement ouI love that my clients can book more than one service at a time, they can’t book any time, and that my book is also a smart book so it doesn’t double book for me it manages out my time and also, jane book ask my customers for reviews it makes it very easy and self-explanatory to use. I also like the announcement add on.

Cons

I don’t like that we can’t block anyone from booking. I also don’t like that genbook is partnered with stripe, stripe takes Way to much money for a fee.

StyleSeat and Booker

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Because the major salon I was working for used it and it made more sense to stick with what I know as opposed to learning something else. Plus I like my website tag line.

Response from Genbook

Hi Imani,

Andrew M.

Simple & Effective

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

I love the ease of using Genbook. Not only setting it up from my end, but the ease that it affords my clients too. From service selection, to booking, and making payments I love that my customers can do it all with just a few clicks. Genbook's automation and seamless interface has not only helped me grow my business, but it makes it so easy!

Pros

Seamless integration with Stripe. They DON'T use PayPal.
Not having to be a middle man with scheduling or taking payments.
Being able to add a "Book Now" button to my site and social media accounts.
The ease of set up, use, and customization.
Being able to add specific hours of operation to different days of the week.

Cons

Not being able to update my time zone/location manually (I have to email tech support for this to happen and I move A LOT)
Not being able to offer coupon/promo codes (seriously this is a HUGE fail and seems like a no-brainer)
Some of the interface is a bit fiddly and over wrought, but is getting better. Often the features feel like they were built by someone who ISN'T an entrepreneur, but is a coding expert who is really impressed with their own coding abilities.

VThe calendar integration (linking my Gmail calendar) is nice that it populates from Genbook->Gmail, but to be TRULY amazing they would also create a way to populate my Genbook calendar via Gmail.

Acuity Scheduling and Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Feature selection Ease of customization Stripe integration (especially since I have other accounts that use Stripe) Value

Response from Genbook

Hi Andrew,

Angela F.

Fire your receptionist

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Genbook allows clients to book appointments online through my website with the press of a button. When I’m in session I can’t answer my phone or respond to emails, but clients can schedule with me even when I am unavailable to book appointments for them. They can even book when I am asleep or away from work! I don’t have a secretary or an admin for my office and don’t need to hire one.

Pros

Easy to use interface and there’s an app so I can manage appointment a from my phone. I can also charge credit cards from my phone using Stripe that come integrated with the software. Customer service has always been been helpful.

Cons

Over the last few years the software price jumped from $20/month to $40/month. That was a steep increase. I’m willing to pay it because it’s probably the best appointment scheduling software out there. There are certainly clunkier products that aren’t as steamlined.

While I like that my clients can see what appointments I have available, it also creeps me out that anyone can go online and look at my schedule. I work in mental health and this can get weird. That’s the downside to providing an online scheduling system – no privacy.

AppointmentPlus

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Better interface and easier to use. Good looking product. Seamlessly integrates with my website.

Response from Genbook

Hi Angela,

Theresa Z.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

• Customer Support Software

Genbook makes it so easy to for clients to schedule with me!

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Genbook allows me to run my own business much more smoothly than I'd be able to without it. Because of Genbook, at least 80% of my clients handle their own scheduling, at their own convenience. This frees up so much of my time. Instead of playing phone or email tag, trying to figure out a good time that works for each and every session for each and every client, I can just live my life while my schedule fills up on its own.

Pros

I love the ease of setup and the flexibility I have with my schedule. It's easy to change my hours and availability. It's easy to mark when I'll be out of town. When I brought another person into my business, it was straightforward and intuitive how to do her scheduling as well. In the nine years I've been using Genbook, they've just continued to add more features and to make the software more intuitive and easy to use. Also, my clients love it. I consistently have clients telling me how easy it is to schedule through Genbook as compared to a lot of other options. Lastly, I'm so glad I have the option to request a credit card when scheduling. My no shows are almost down to zero. My frustration and wasted time are drastically reduced! Oh! And the reviews! I LOVE that Genbook automatically requests reviews from my clients after their sessions. It's been so, so helpful from a marketing perspective.

Cons

Every once in a while, it's glitchy and I can't log in, or a client has a conflicting time show up on their calendar. But it's rare, and lately the communication from Genbook regarding any issues has been stellar.
Oh, and I wish there was a way to connect the Genbook reviews to Yelp! or Google Reviews, or any other, more public review site. I love that the reviews are collected, I just wish more people, especially potential clients who have never scheduled with me before, could see them.

Schedulicity and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Price, ease of use, features I liked and needed

Response from Genbook

Hi Theresa,

Mark D.

Customer Service Is Everything

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I’ve gotten very angry at times, really putting the service representative though a tongue lashing. Not because I’m mean or wanting to be a jerk, but because my business is counting on them. The great thing is Genbook understands this. They are never snarky or passive-aggressive -they just work honestly and diligently to get the issue resolved.
For this reason I will continue to be a loyal subscriber of Genbook.

Pros

Genbook’s customer service is triple A+, which is everything to me. Every booking service will have glitch problems from time to time, the question is how responsive are they to it when it invariably happens. I love Genbook because their representatives truly do care about us, their clients. New features are good and all, of course, but I want stability of the platform and for the most part Genbook delivers and is highly reliable.

Cons

The same thing I like least about any online software; when it glitches out then I’m screwed. Fortunately these are rare occasions with Genbook.

Schedulicity and MassageBook

Because it’s better.

Response from Genbook

Hi Mark,

Joyce O.

Works 24/7

Reviewed on 08/12/2019

Pros

It lets my clients make appointments at their convenience and they can take as much time to make the best time slot for them. Even when I am closed or on vacation my Genbook is still working for me to keep my business running seamlessly. I also benefit from if my clients need to reschedule an appointment at anytime without feeling that they are bothering me. The reminders are a great help with not having any more no-shows. They really like the reminders as much as I like not having to call or text them I used to pay someone to answer my phone and schedule my clients, now Genbook more than pays for itself saving me money. I love it keeps track of everything from customers numbers, previous appointments, how much I have in each category of services. Can’t live without it!!

Cons

Nothing that I dislike about this software. I’m more surprised how they keep thinking of better things to do to make our on-line service better. Didn’t know I needed it, until they put it on the site.

Response from Genbook

Hi Joyce,

Lynn M.

Genbook review

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

I been with genbook for years. Loyal customer. No complaints.

Pros

Easy for me to use, and my clients love it, simple easy for them to use and understand the software. Love the customer. Talk to Someone personally over the phone, any issues. Not tech savvy. Nice someone who. Is patience with questions.

Cons

Love to be able to provide service for workshop bookings and retreats. For when I teach classes.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

I been with genbook before there was square. I use alsquare for my payment process.

Response from Genbook

Hi Lynn,

Renee G.

Great Tool for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

This tool helps all of my stylist see and control their schedules. They can talk to clients and it makes the booking experience smooth. I love the control it gives to us to successfully manage our business.

Pros

I love that I can alter schedules and availability with ease. I love the automatic emails and correspondence with consumers.

Cons

I wish we had an option to add photos to services.

StyleSeat and Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

It’s was clean and easy to use for clients. The simplicity was attractive for the booking process.

Response from Genbook

Hi Renee,

Robin S.
  • Industry: Photography

Love it!

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

I think their strongest point is their customer support. Always quick to answer your emails, very friendly and happy and helpful.

Pros

I find it simple to use and my customers have commented how easy it is to book me online. It is well thought out and offers a lot of practical features.

Cons

Overall I am very happy and always recommend it to other businesses. If I had to pick one thing as a con it would be that the colors they use to assign to different types of bookings are too pastel and close to each other to make it more obvious what type of appointment I have booked. I mean for example there are 4 shades of blue so I have to look really hard to figure out what type of appointment is coming up on my calendar.

Response from Genbook

Hi Robin,

Kathryn P.
  • Industry: Music

• Customer Support Software

Genbook makes freelance life easy

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

My biggest issue for my business is flexibility. I teach professional Broadway performers who have ever changing schedules. Having the ability to look ahead at my schedule for months at a time ensures them lessons even when I'm very busy. They also don't need to be in constant contact with me whenever they need to cancel or reschedule. All of my students LOVE this.

Pros

I love that my clients can be responsible for their own changes they need to make with scheduling so none of that falls onto me. It allows them to be autonomous in a way that's necessary for the industry I work in.

Cons

I don't like the payment platform used for credit cards. I receive most of my payments through Venmo and wish that Venmo was an option for clients to pay verses us all being charged expensive credit card fees.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kathryn,

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Easeful, intuitive use

Reviewed on 30/05/2020

Before Genbook, I took appointments by telephone message or email. This would create many hours of time spent each week, telling people what times I had open, and by the time they got back to me, those times were gone, and I had to give them new times. Now, people book anytime of day or night they're interested and I have a full calendar and just show up and do the work.

Pros

Genbook is simple to set up, intuitive to use as a business owner, and I get many unsolicited comments from my clients that they find it way easier to use than other people's booking systems. I love that they solicit testimonials from users and post them in a way that Google search helps people find me as specifically what they're looking for. This has been a huge benefit for me in expanding my business. Priceless support for client/appointment driven businesses.

Cons

I have to think really hard about this. There have been some missing functionalities in the past but they are constantly upgrading, adding new features, faster than I can think of them.

Response from Genbook

Hi there,

Barbara V.

Crucial tool

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Genbook has been a crucial tool that I use daily. I love that it is easy to use for both me and clients. It saves me so much time as I cant really talk on the phone as I am working so the fact that clients can book online, get reminders and reschedule themselves if needed, has made it much easier on me.

Pros

Easy to use. I can store and access client formulas from that days appointment. Genbook was easy to integrate into my current website.

Cons

The ability for clients to book multiple services at the same time wasn't available until recently. Would like to be able to add a stylist at the price for an individual as there are many free appointment apps for individuals, although I have stuck with Genbook.

Response from Genbook

Hi Barbara,

Jodee S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Genbook is great

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

I have time to work with clients instead of scheduling endless phone calls.

Pros

The ease of use by clients & administrators. The automated review system makes getting reviews seamless & very valuable to see reviews automatically when a client searches your business.

Cons

It needs integrated with Square. As Swipe takes too long to get into your bank account.

Response from Genbook

Hi Jodee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests!

Sadie K.

Online at any hour

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Very useful tool. A value for the cost.

Pros

Scheduling in real time. Cuts down on phone calls. Nice email/text reminders for appointments.

Cons

Some technical issues at times. People getting appt reminders for appointments they did not make. Other technical problems with slow service. Blocked or off line times showing as online (has happened only occasionally).

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Liked the options. And number of users.

Response from Genbook

Hi Sadie,

From all of us at Genbook - we just want to thank you so much for taking the time to review us.

We constantly try to minimise any of the unnecessary distractions that limit our customers from achieving their greatest results.

Thank you for choosing Genbook, we really appreciate it!

The Genbook Team

Warren B.

Growing nicely

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Overall I have been pleased. Customer service has always been very fast!

Pros

The ability to give clients the direct link to my calendar. I also love the review option, especially now that it's connected to Google.
Text reminders have also been a great addition.

Cons

The inability to add European/international phone numbers. Clients being asked to submit a review too often and the app not recognizing clients who have already submitted a review.
The app also does not always update properly on phones.

Response from Genbook

Hi Warren,

Diana S.

Life Saver

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Customer Service is always quick to resolve any and all issues that may arise. I have been using Genbook for at least the last 10 years. I would never switch to another product. Im happy where I am and I'm excited about whatever new products they may come up with in the future!

Pros

The ease of setting up your business in the beginning was a breeze. Anytime I need to make a price change or create a new service it is as simple as 1, 2, 3. But I love that my clients can schedule ANY time they want and I can receive their feedback via Genbook Reviews which are easily accessible via Google.

Cons

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. 😁

Response from Genbook

Hi Diana,

Julie C.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Great online scheduling

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Great fit stylists and their customers

Pros

Easy to use, set up, and organize clients and appointments. Analytics are helpful too

Cons

There are some limitations for titling services/appts to be booked.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Genbook

Easy booking for clients and stylists

Response from Genbook

Hi Julie,

Pam S.

• Customer Support Software

Overall Genbook eases up a load of work on my part!

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Genbook takes the stress out of keeping up with appointments and I love the reminders that it generates to the clients.

Pros

Easy set up to make changes and adjust to your needs. The communication with support has always been excellent! When a client schedules an appointment, I am notified immediately!

Cons

When I am setting the appointment for the client, the system does not show the changes in the $$ amount to charge the client. It allows me to make the change, but when entering it, the system goes to the 'default amount'. Sometimes this can be confusing to the client.

Response from Genbook

Hi Pam,

Daniel L.
  • Industry: Photography

A Major Part of My Business

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

I am a photographer. Scheduling can sometimes take too much energy and time, and then keeping up with them can be a hassle. My nightmare is double booking myself or missing a shoot. Genbook addresses those issues. My clients can easily go to my website and book their shoot through Genbook. I live by the Genbook calendar. It keeps me organized and relieves the stress of wondering if I am forgetting a shoot. An extra benefit is having my clients information stored in one place. That is very helpful. Also, it is nice to have an option for clients to give reviews through Genbook that other potential clients see when they Google my business.

Pros

Customers like it.
It makes your business look more professional.
It integrates well into my website.
It allows for me collect deposits.

Cons

I cannot customize the times the way I would like.

Response from Genbook

Hi Daniel,

Morgan W.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

The app

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Need better customer service. Wait on the phone for ever. Payment plan levels depending on software accessibility. $40 a month is not horrible but with the Canadian conversion and only working on my own I could probably just use a written schedule the same, especially because I keep having technical issues that aren’t being solved

Pros

The app is easy to use for basic needs for apt booking for myself and clients

Cons

Changes to the software have recently been causing booking issues and same day booking continually gets blocked.

Response from Genbook

Hi Morgan,

Ronald S.

Make life easy

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

We have been using Genbook for over 9 years. It solved our problem of seeing schedules in the field with their app.
It also allows my Installers and service teams to see their schedules anytime they want so they can plan ahead.

Pros

The Ability to use the App while I am in the field makes this one of the best schedule programs to use for us.

Multiple schedules really help us streamline installations and service.

Cons

Only down fall so far has been when Genbook crashes and everyone is down. They usually get it up quickly but was one where was down most of day. That makes it hard when all our schedules are on Genbook.

Response from Genbook

Hi Ronald,

Amanda M.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use system with exceptional responsive support

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Very pleased and would recommend this product

Pros

The software is user friendly, with great support from the Genbook team. Our business has shown a definite positive impact from using Genbook with asubstantial decrease in missed appointments.

Cons

There are very very occasional errs, People receive wrong time on their reminders

Response from Genbook

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

Thanks for addressing the calendar time difference issue that our upstream provider, Google, addressed and fixed. It turned out to be a system update on Google's side and we're assured it has been fixed. You shouldn't be seeing any errors like this again, and please don't hesitate to reach out to us via phone or email if you have any additional feedback! We take it very seriously.

Steven V.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great App

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Genbook is great overall. The customer service is prompt and app works well.

Pros

Always have easy access to appointments and customers info. Customers can also book from the app aswell!

Cons

Sometimes the app will have temporary freezes and doesn’t work. When clients are in different time zones it throws their time off and cause them to be late. Doesn’t send enough reminders. pricey for one person

Response from Genbook

Hi Steven,