Genbook

The smart and simple all-in-one online scheduling solution

4.7 /5 (266 reviews) Write a Review!

Michelle G.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use and fantastic for collecting high-quality customer reviews!

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Great experience with Genbook overall. As I mentioned, I loved how Genbook sent out automated emails to collect patient testimonials and published them to the landing page. Amazing for social proof and I had good feedback from patients that Genbook was easy to use.

Pros

I loved that Genbook sent out automated emails after a patient's appointment to collect a review, and then autopublished this to the the booking landing page for my clinic. Super effective!

Cons

It didn't connect to my EHR, but that was really okay for the time I was using it. It was still a software my patients found easy to use so I kept it for a long time.

Response from Genbook

Hi Michelle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review.

We're so happy you like our review feature! Many other customers share the same feedback with us.

We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day.

Grace W.

Affordable and easy

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Genbook has been a great tool in my sole-proprietorship business, enabling me to easily handle client scheduling in person or over the internet. My clients find it easy to use when scheduling themselves; and the email and text reminders that nudge them to remember their appointments keep my weeks running smoothly (without my having to hire a receptionist to do confirmation calls!)

Pros

The Genbook software includes good coverage of the scheduling basics that I need for running my therapy business. I really like the easy of setting up the online scheduling page with details that tailor it to represent my business well. About 60% of my clients use the online scheduling, and like the control that it gives them. I also find the appointment reminders (sent to clients via text and email) very helpful in ensuring clients show up. One of my favorite features is the request for a review that is emailed after the initial session a client has with me, and then periodically after that. The reviews are then published on the online scheduling site, and easily placed on my other websites as well. This is great for promoting my business, giving other potential clients information and a sense of familiarity that encourages them to schedule.

Cons

I frequently have trouble with the app on my mobile device, and this frustrates me. The issues vary; but the one that gives me the most trouble is the app being slow to update my schedule, so I have to do double-checks. I also feel that the monthly price is high for the level of service that I am getting from it. In my business, I don't need most of the features that were added during the most recent price increase. The monthly price is very reasonable IF I needed the features; but I don't, so for me it was a sizeable price hike that didn't add value. I would prefer more tiers of choices/prices for the software.

Response from Genbook

Hi Grace,

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote.

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests.

David L.

Essential Business Tool

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Genbook solves many issues for a small business like mine, for example, online booking, managing appointments online without the need to call me. Online presence with reviews. It allows me to work simultaneously as clients manage their appointments online. This is a game changer for me! People book their appointments online from anywhere and at any time. I do not have the hassle to phone chase my busy clients.

Pros

Genbook allows me to run my entire company online that gives my clients an easy & efficient way to manage their appointments 24/7. It sends our a confirmation & reminders which significantly reduces missed appointments. Clients receive a followup email which they may leave a public review for others to see, creating an online presence which is key these days as more and more people utilize online tools to conduct their business. As an admin, I have full control of many settings to customize the kind of business that works best for my practice.

Cons

There are so many product offerings within Genbook, that for my business type, I will not use. Adding more options could mean higher costs which concerns me. So far, the pricing of Genbook remains unchanged.

Response from Genbook

Hi David,

Peggy M.

• Customer Support Software

Genbook - the best support for me!

Reviewed on 18/12/2019

I was first introduced to Genbook in 2012 when I was working for another Spa owner. When I opened my own studio in 2018, I looked into 4-5 different software booking options, and none of them came close to the coverage AND the ease of setting up that Genbook offered! It was a no-brainer for me to continue with Genbook.

Pros

I love how easy it is to implement Genbook and that the learning curve is minimal. My clients love the ease in booking and I can't tell you how many of them have commented on the email/text reminders that come to them, they love that feature!

Cons

I REALLY wish the client export list would include client birthdays, first visit and last visit. It would make our client impact marketing so much easier!

Response from Genbook

Hi Peggy,

Danielle D.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

• Customer Support Software

Easy, quality, consistent product updates

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Genbook saves a significant amount of time as customers can control their own schedules 24-7.

Pros

Genbook software is intuitive and versatile, making it easy to use. Customer service is top notch and new features are updated regularly.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches on the customer side. For instance, the appointments on the administrator side don't always match the customer side, which creates confusion. This is rare, however.

Response from Genbook

Hi Danielle,

Marlene C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

easy to use

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

My experience has been positive. Add the option to book classes and workshops and you will have a customer for life.

Pros

What I like best about Genbook is it's ease of use and the fact that it's so reliable. I can't recall a time in the 10+ years I have been using it where I have had issues. The reviews collection and display is invaluable to me because my online reviews are responsible for most of my first time clients.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the lack of diversity it offers in types of bookings. I have to use another software to book workshops and classes and since I offer a variety of services it would be handy if I could schedule certain types of appointments that would be only available on specific dates.

It's expensive. If it weren't for the reviews I would have already left for a cheaper option.

Response from Genbook

Hi Marlene,

Lj M.

It’s a good product

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

I like it... nothing is perfect and it has paid for itself.

Pros

The convenience of the clients scheduling themselves.

Cons

It can be glitchy... you think it was saved and it was not
I would like to show a picture of the building and office door in my info...

Response from Genbook

Hi LJ,

I wanted to address the picture upload and let you know that I have shared this with our support team who will respond to you. Your business means a lot to us, so if you ever have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out via [email protected]

Maria W.

My 24/7 receptionist!

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Genbook was a real game changer for me as a solo practitioner massage therapist. I have a busy practice and it is extremely helpful for me to have a booking site that allows my clients to book direct when I am unable to take their calls. In addition, the email and text reminders take one more task off my plate and keep my clients on track for their appointments. It's like having a 24/7 receptionist. My clients love the convenience and ease of use.

Pros

The ease of use. Super simple for both my clients and for me to use. Straightforward fill in the blank fields, dependable, and I love the Google integration.

Cons

I would like to be able to turn off the review request for specific clients. I have many repeat customers, many with standing appointments and it feels bothersome when they're repeatedly asked to provide a review. Right now the feature is all or nothing.

Response from Genbook

Hi Maria,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests!

Gwynn E.

Great schedule system

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Really good all the way around .

Pros

We use Genbook daily with myself and team.
It’s great for our clients and team.

Cons

I wish it had a billing system . I would love help through Genbook for monthly billing to my clients .

Response from Genbook

Hi Gwynn,

Enid B.

More options

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

I like it but really wish it had the client confirmation and package options as well as the dollar discount option.

Pros

Affordable.
It's fairly easy to use.
Customer support is phenomenal

Cons

Some options are only doable on app and others online.
No option for client to confirm appointment.
No option for package purchase/tracking.
Discount options for business are only available as a % and not $.

Response from Genbook

Hi Enid,

Brant L.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

My experience with Genbook has been fantastic. It takes scheduling and following up with patients out of my hands. Everything is done automatically. Patients love it. Genbook fits seamlessly with my version of a low stress chiropractic office. It's a big part of accomplishing my vision.

Pros

The ability of my patients to be able to schedule using an app versus a web browser has been huge. Everybody is on their smart phones and it's much easier to navigate using apps.

Cons

I can't change the scheduling lead time of each individual service. Some services I want to allow people to schedule immediately. Some I don't. Genbook is currently set to only allow an overall lead time for all services.

Response from Genbook

Hi Brant,

Angelique P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Love this system

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

I’ve been very happy. I’ve only had one issue with scheduling with the company and I’ve been using them for years. I would totally recommend this system.

Pros

I love that there are reminders but I wish it was easier for me to mass communicate or customize individually on reminders.

Cons

Flexibility on choosing services. Also flexibility in reminders. But it could be user error too.

Response from Genbook

Hi Angelique,

Carasue H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Have been a loyal user for over 8 years.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Genbook is a great tool for busy individuals. I love that my clients can schedule, with ease, 24/7. I have been a loyal client for over 8 years with very little hiccups. I do wish that contact with the user would be done when there is an interruption so that we could be aware. I also think the price increase is steep, increasing 100% since my start with them. It would be nice if loyal customers were given a benefit of price cuts. Overall I am very pleased and will continue.

Pros

The ease for myself and my clients. Being able to jump online and book immediately at their convenience is perfect for most.

Cons

Service interruptions with no notification that it is down. Price increase is hefty. Some areas lack notification to user.

Response from Genbook

Hi CaraSue,

Beth F.

Tour Booking

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

It has been a huge step in reducing "paperwork" as we track our appointments and tours. There was a learning curve at first and many customers still called in to book there tours, but over time and with better placement on our website, the phone calls are diminishing in regards to setting tours, which saves us time!

Pros

I love that I can make notes after each appointment, including if the appointment no showed. I like that I can click directly on the calendar date to set the day or time as away quickly if something comes up!

Cons

I would like to be able to access my customer info in a spreadsheet form so that I could print mailing labels if I wanted to mail them about an upcoming registration.

Response from Genbook

Hi Beth,

Angel P.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Genbook has been a boon to my business! So grateful for the ease of use, and excellent customer service. Five stars!

Pros

Ease of use. Makes things simple for me and my clients.

Cons

Minor issues/bigs could be fixed faster?

Response from Genbook

Hi Angel,

Suzanne F.

• Customer Support Software

Has changed how I schedule my clients. So easy and so convenient.

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Time saving, convenient, my clients love it, and I love it too.

Pros

Genbook is user friendly, affordable for my business of one, and has completely changed how I schedule appointments. Most people prefer to book online and not have to speak to me over the phone. I am fielding less phone calls and have more time with my kids. I love that it generates reminder emails and I can update the confirmation and reminders to suit the circumstances (like covid). I even cancelled for two years while living in Europe and when I came back all of my information and client information had been saved for me.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons to Genbook. I've been using it for years. Sometimes I have a hard time with the app but it's negligible.

Response from Genbook

Hi Suzanne,

Your review has made us all SO happy!!

Elise P.

Life Saver

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

people book without having to connect with me. i have had to deal with more than a few technical issues over the years. that part gets tricky, as I really rely on this service as my daily calendar.

Pros

it travels with me so i never lose a booking.

Cons

I really could use more color options to differentiate my time slots.

Response from Genbook

Hi Elise,

Julie X.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great software

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

I like Genbook and don't know what my team would do without it. Genbook support has been awesome resolving issues in a timely manner.

Pros

I love that the software is very user friendly. It has all the necessary slots to provide the information you need to schedule each appointment. I like how there are email reminders to let you know that you have appointments assigned to you.

Cons

Cons are that the software times out a lot. Therefore, if you are idle for a while you'll have to refresh in order to update or view appointments. Besides that the application is pretty solid.

Response from Genbook

Hi Julie,

Rick S.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

A useful alternative to the typical booking software

No problem Per se

Pros

In the golf space booking software is dominated by two companies. They are cumbersome, limited and use this is not the case here. Genbook is a fresh alternative that allows the end consumer ease of use and intuitive solutions.

Cons

The backend could be easier to navigate especially from a mobile platform

Response from Genbook

Hi Rick,

Sally M.

Best Investment

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

As we are unable to answer the phone while working with clients, having the clients being able to book themselves has saved so much time. The ability to post reviews has grown our business tremendously. Clients constantly say how much they appreciate their ability to access our book anytime of day.

Pros

There are so many things I like about this software. It is such a time saver and money saver. I love the fact that there are always new additions to update the program, making it easier to do my job.

Cons

The time it takes for the customer list to populate.

Response from Genbook

Hi Sally,

Shelby F.

My review

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

I loved the software. My business required more options

Pros

Ease of use, pricing, it met my initial needs of my business

Cons

Limited features that was industry specific

Response from Genbook

Hi Shelby,

Jamie M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Salon Owner

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Not having to book appointments and send reminders .

Pros

Fairly Easy to operate . Very few times where booking is unavailable.

Cons

Reminders are not always efficient . When setting up multiple users , different names for the same services had to be different.

Response from Genbook

Hi Jamie,

Allison L.

Very Happy Customer

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

I have loved Genbook since I started with them. I tried a couple other schedulers and they didn’t compare to Genbook.

Pros

Ease of setting it up and ease of use. For the price the functionality is amazing and they are constantly making improvements.

Cons

It was that you could only have one location but they recently added the ability to have multiple locations.

Response from Genbook

Hi Allison,

Jim O.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Essential Scheduling Program

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Genbook saves me considerable time managing appointments, reminding clients of pending appointments and managing my overall client base. Genbook is indespensible for the success of my practice.

Pros

Genbook is intuitive, robust and works seamlessly on my website, PC, laptop and phone. Customers have complimented its ease of use.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like. Every feature suits my needs.

Response from Genbook

Hi Jim,

Jordan B.

10 years with Genbook

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Pros

The software is only getting better and adding new features making it easier to use for ourselves and our customers

Cons

I wish our customers could modify or cancel appointments easier.

Response from Genbook

Hi Jordan,