2,504 reviews

Vagaro

Salon, wellness & fitness scheduling and business software

4.7 /5 (2504 reviews) Write a Review!

2,504 reviews
Joanne L.

• Customer Support Software

Evaluated by a massage therapist with 25 years experience.

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

Very positive. The company upgrades their product when needed adding user friendly comprehensive features that enhance the users experience.

Pros

It's very easy to use Vagaro for online and mobile booking for both the owner and client. COLOR CODING: I like the use of color bands to show confirmed, show, no show etc. it helps me keep track at a glance. CHECK OUT: The check out is also very easy with all options for payment available. If you like keeping track of customers paying with MasterCard, Visa etc this option is available. This was not my experience with other programs, although it's not something I used it would be helpful for tracking clients paying with Medical Flex Plans. NOTES: I like this section it's comprehensive to different professions. The medical note section is helpful for massage therapists and other medically oriented professions. I especially like the POP UP notes. Very helpful when you have special needs clients. Also helpful for an aging (post menopausal) memory (LOL, some may not understand this importance). PERSONAL TASK: This is a great option that allows you to block off chunks of time. It also allows you to choose reasons for the block, sick, personal time etc. Especially nice when tracking you personal down time. All in all it's a well thought out program. Whenever I've needed help the CHAT feature and the customer service representatives have been very helpful in solving my issues. Generally you don't have to wait long for help. That's especially helpful as every self-employed persons time is valuable.

Cons

If you need to shut off the online feature (which I've needed to do during Covid) you can't last I checked. Plus, I'm in the process of downsizing toward retirement. I'm no longer looking to take new clients but I want to continue using the program to book my existing clients. I just wanted to prevent clients from being able to book on line so I can control my schedule. The only way to do this was to block out all my time slots with the Personal Task feature. Clients eventually end up calling me, which is what I want. I sent notifications, but you know how that goes. The other option I think would be helpful that isn't available is the option to choose different colors for the PERSONAL TASK blocks. I'm a visual, color oriented person, right now the only option for Personal Task is brown. I like to be able to assign or have assigned colors associated with the different block options, like green for "sick time", blue for "meeting" etc. Lastly I believe this program leads the on line booker to believe it's more of a salon oriented environment. I know for a fact some more medically oriented massage therapists have shied away from using it for that reason, because I've recommended it and received this feedback. I think the developers maybe doing themselves a disservice in this regard. The program is very comprehensive for medically oriented massage therapists, chiropractors, craniosacral therapists, reiki masters and like professions.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Joanne! Thank you so much for your feedback! We do offer an ability to turn off the online booking feature. This setting is available on the Employee Profiles page. We appreciate your review and are thankful to have you as a business on Vagaro!

Amanda B.

We love Vagaro

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

It's been grea; however, getting on with customer service has been a problem, which is understandable. With Mindbody the tech was able to pop on my computer screen to help, which convenient and sometimes easier than trying to explain a situation to the tech they can see what or who you are looking at.

Pros

It's user friendly, for both the studio and client. Being small business owner, the cost of services is saving me so much. Wish I would have made the switch long ago. I like that we have different options for packages an d services.

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to checkout a clients for multiple days. Often times when I back to reconcile accounts, it would be nice to do one client and reconcile with a drop box check-out in one place for multiple days.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Amanda, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Mary C.

Features & functionality

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Pros

Vagaro keeps all of my client information, services, products, reports and finances very well organized. I've used this software for over 5 years now and my favorite thing is, it's forever changing (for the better of course). I honestly have no complaints with the way it runs, however, if I'd like to see a change all I have to do is make a request and they take it under consideration. Obviously not every suggestion can be accommodated; but for the most part it just keeps getting better and better for a very reasonable price.

Cons

I wish when a customer decides they want to opt-out from receiving email marketing from one salon it wouldn't affect another. When a different business uses vagaro but the client has been to someone else and chose not receive email marketing they don't receive mine.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Mary, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Leasa C.

• Customer Support Software

Easy and most of all fun!

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Even my least tech savy staff love this app. It's like their own little business is their pocket.
You can update colour themes and making the app look visually pretty and personalised is also a great feature.
Overall it does what I need it to do and makes my life easier. What else could you ask for.

Pros

This system is the easiest I have used and has the most features for a decent price. Has most of the things I need and clients always comment on how super easy the online booking system is. Needless to say we get a lot of clients booking online
The mobile part of the system is the easiest I have used and you can do so much from your phone

Cons

A few things need to be customisable such as the text message system especially in Australia.
Probably needs text message marketing options as well.
It could be a little easier to add services to existing services. You currently have to pretend to checkout the client and add the service there. It's easy to delete or alter services on an existing booking but not to add the service.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Leasa, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think!

Benjamin M.

• Customer Support Software

Exactly what I was looking for

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Before Vagaro, we had one system for point of sale, one system for booking and a third for customer information management. We wanted a system that would do all of that and move our business to the next level. Vagaro was the answer to that, bar none.
To have everything in one software package eliminates errors we were making when entering in things in multiple places previously. The reporting is top notch and the ability to access everything remotely from our phones and see appointments and transactions in real-time is a great benefit.

Pros

We were looking for one single system that could do everything for our business. Point of sale, booking, inventory, online booking, excellent reporting, custom forms, email/text marketing, etc. Vagaro has it all. It's one complete package that we can access remotely and via our phones at any time.

Cons

While this software was made mostly for Salons with numerous Stylists (Service Providers), it took a big of tweaking and being creative when setting it up for us. With us being a Sauna Studio, clients don't book people, they book actual rooms. There was a little bit of a learning curve on how to set that up properly but it works brilliantly now. I wish there was a little more customization on some deep settings, but all in all, I can't complain at all.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Benjamin, thank you so much for your feedback! We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Cassandra A.

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use / lacking functionality

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

I used Vagaro for a couple years but got rid of it because of how often their site would crash or freeze. I gave it another try after years with a desktop software because I was looking for a cloud based booking company . It was catostrophic to my salon . They didn’t transfer most of what was promised ( that I paid for) . I spend 3 days transferring all of my own things ( services products etc) then when I ran my payroll was all calculated wrong by hundreds of dollars . No one could tell me why . If is impossible to get a hold of anyone to speak to when you need help and when how do finally they act like they could care less. The functionality and detail just is not there ,

Pros

It was very easy to use and figure out without and specific training . I also like the online booking features and website they give you.

Cons

There is no ability to void any transaction when a mistake is made . Also their customer service is awful . Also I was led to believe they had a time clock when in actuality their do not unless you make an additional purchase of cards and a swipe machine .

Katrina E.

Part time gal

Reviewed on 26/01/2020

The financial tracking and break downs are very simple and easy.

Pros

I really love that with this software, everything is pretty much in one place. The POS is relatively easy to use and I havent had many issues at all. The customization adds a nice flair as well.

Cons

There are only TWO things that come to mind.

1. I wish I could set certain days through out the month and not necessarily certain weekly hours. I am a part time worker and I work a random three days every week. My clients are not allowed to book through the online part because I cant pick the days I will be available without it being a reoccurring weekly schedule. If it is, I havent figured it out and would love to know how to do so!

2. Fridays/ weekends it takes FOREVER to get my transfer into my bank. Its very frustrating at times due to the fact that I am a very small business and don't have large transactions frequently.

Heather G.

Smart choice

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Pros

I love how easy the setup is. Vagaro walks you through every part of the software so you know exactly what to do and how to use it. Additional features are more advance. Love the build in marketing features and how easy it was to link to my personal website.

Cons

cost of additional features. started at $25/ month now to get everything I need I was close to what I was paying for other software companies. However, the customer service is far better.

Response from Vagaro

Hello Heather,

We are very pleased to hear you are happy with our software and our Support team! You are correct, the price does incrementally increase with the level of use - Vagaro is $25 a month for a single user and $10 for each additional user on your account up to seven total users. Anything above and beyond seven users are free. We also offer premium features such as credit card processing, email & text marketing, online forms and check-in app which attract an additional fee.

Our Support staff is here to answer any additional questions you may have or walk you through the full functionality of the software, to ensure you are getting the most value for your money. Don't hesitate to reach out to us via phone at (925) 464-1932, or send an email to [email protected] and one of our agents will respond quickly.

Regards,
Dan C.

Belinda S.

• Customer Support Software

Double the features, half the price

Reviewed on 13/07/2020

I am so happy I switched to Vagaro. My last program had half the features and was twice as expensive. Vagaro is an all in one program that makes everything easy both for me the operator and my clients. Also, when COVID hit and we all closed for 12 weeks, Vagaro proactively lowered (halved) the cost for everyone in good faith, until we could reopen again. This helped us out so much. I felt this was forward thinking, very supportive and generous.

Pros

I love the ease of use; from set up, to online booking functionality, the online marketing is simple and easy to set up, the cost is extremely competitive, there are many extra features plus helpful articles, tips and advice that comes out regularly.

Cons

I just wish that I had switched to it sooner.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Belinda, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback! We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses! Your wonderful comments mean so much to us!

Bonni H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Back Again!

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

I used Vagaro for over 2 years and then when my spa made the leap from day spa to medical spa, I had to find a software that offered virtual charts, and I had to cancel :( Well, 7 months later, I AM BACK! This has been the best software. So I am now paying for 2 software systems and that SUCKS! But Vagaro has such an incredible interface, the online booking, the marketing, everything makes life easier. I look forward to the day VAGARO adds virtual charting and then this will be a one stop shop and I can drop the charting system that I will not name, but HATE using.

Pros

Hands down the most USER friendly for providers and clients

Cons

doesn't offer virtual charting PLEASE ADD VIRTUAL CHARTING

Response from Vagaro

Hi Bonni, we appreciate your review, we are happy to hear you are so happy with the software. Thank you for sharing your great idea for how we can improve Vagaro. You can share any ideas and feature requests with us 24/7 at feedback.vagaro.com

Suzie M.

what else do you need?

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

As I get to know the software more and more I use more and more of it's features. Thank you Vagaro!

Pros

I find Vagaro has everything I need to keep clients engaged, informed and able to review my business, purchase goods and services and book appointments with ease.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to find what I'm looking for. That can be frustrating when I'm with a client. Not enough to change software though..

Response from Vagaro

Hi Suzie, thank you for your review! We are happy to see that you're enjoying your experience so far! If you have any questions about any of our features, please contact our Support Team any time at sales.vagaro.com/contact so we can assist you further.

Katherine M.

Great POS

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

this keep my company, employees and clients organized all in one relishable place

Pros

I use this system for my skin care company of 6 employees. This holds all our client information and inventory along with our scheduling. It is easy to use for us and our clients. With the forms add on, we are now a paperless company. It will crash or slow down from time to time after an update, but it is usually fixed quickly. Customer support is decent, but I don't need to use them often. I recommend this to any one in my field as I have tried others like it and they don't compare. CC processing fees are a bit high, but again, worth it.

Cons

when it crashes and cc processing fees are high

Response from Vagaro

Hi Katherine, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Jacob W.

Scheduling Software for Private Practice

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Overall, I am very pleased with Vagaro. With the scheduling, the customization of my services, the ability to purchase a card reader through Vagaro, they just made everything very easy for me and all at a reasonable cost.

Pros

I am a licensed massage therapist that wanted to start my own business. I had many options when it came to scheduling software and I was recommended Vagaro by my business partner and I am extremely satisfied. The cost doesn't break the bank, I am able to fully customize my schedule, the services I offer, the time between appointments. I have to admit, I haven't even utilized every feature Vagaro offers but I am loving everything they have to offer me. This is my first business and I was very nervous getting started, especially among the Corona virus pandemic, but Vagaro has definitely calmed my anxiety with it's ease to use and the many many features it offers. I have to say the thing I like the most is the ability to customize my services and schedule new clients extremely quickly and efficiently.

Cons

I honestly do not have very many complaints at all about the software. I did have a little difficulty setting up my card reader that I purchased through Vagaro but customer support was immensely helpful and helped me get set up and stayed on the line with me while I was working to get my issue resolved. Normally in my experiences, customer service representatives want to get you off the phone as soon as possible but my rep walked me through how to fix my issue and made sure it was working before he hung up with me.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Jacob! Thank you so much for your amazingly kind feedback! We are so happy to hear that you are happy with the software and with our Support Team's customer service as well! Thanks for being a Vagaro business!

Vanessa E.

• Customer Support Software

NO INTEREST IN ANY OTHER SOFTWARE for MY BUSINESS!!

Reviewed on 24/01/2021

It has benefited me greatly with the ease of the program both for myself and my customers. And having access on the website or an app, I can make any changes necessary. I love that the app is now completely the same as the desktop version! GREAT JOB VAGARO!!!

Pros

Super easy to use. I like the color coded services, the ease of scheduling on any device. Integrates with other media with ease. The websites we can create are professional and super easy to create! Add ons like shopping cart to your website are inexpensive and easy to turn on/off at any time...I have done so, many times. LOVE the COVID CLEAN CHECKOUT!! Clients are SO impressed by my business because of that. Whenever the software is updated, it usually doesn't have any major issues. If it's minor..it's fixed immediately! This company is ALWAYS on their game! Numerous more features are a blessing...just can't name or remember them all!!

Cons

I'm still waiting to be able to check out a client paying with 2 or more different credit cards on one checkout instead of adding their service again with the remaining balance etc..I have to make another appointment basically, to use each additional card...:-(

Response from Vagaro

Hi Vanessa, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback! We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Lori L.

My Assistant

Reviewed on 30/05/2020

Really this helps my business run much smoother. Online appointments are my standard and using Vagaro gives me one less thing to worry about since I am my sole employee.

Pros

Online booking and book keeping. Client information is sustained here and I can send out a mass email if I have a message to get out. Also, I can look at my reports anytime and have numbers to give to my accountant at tax time. That's a big one.

Cons

Navigating product inventory is difficult for me. But since I stopped stocking it I will try again at a later time.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Lori, thank you for sharing your feedback. Feedback like this helps us make our software even better, so thank you for taking the time to let us know what you love!

Ilisa D.

New Updated Look!

Reviewed on 01/09/2016

I like how when you are going to update your program you tell us in advance. This helps a lot!!! I like the new updated display it is more user friendly. Our customers love the email reminders!!! It feels as if we can stay in contact with our customers better even when we do schedule so far in advance too!

Pros

Easy to use.
Customers love the Text Messages and Email reminders.
Love the color coded options to find things better and to label things better.
The multi use of interchangeable of different business.
Always there in a chat form when I need help!

Cons

Have to go to 2 or 3 different areas to load up, which takes time, and then eventually see what I need.

Haley D.

Vagaro Review

Reviewed on 05/04/2020

I've really enjoyed using it the last 6 months and plan to continue to use it.

Pros

I love the ease and how much it has to offer as well as how client friendly it is too.

Cons

it gets buggy sometimes. There are days my clients cant book but it doesnt happen that often. not sure if it is user error.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Haley, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Surjeet B.

Vagaropro

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Overall I am satisfied with this soft ware. Although they can improve some features for the business using it. Such as insights if sent weekly to the business is helpful to see how was their week financially, or which services are more popular with their clients.If they can send auto emails with such info. will be very helpful.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Helps to grow your business because clients can book appointments online any time they want.

Cons

Sometimes clients who are trying to book an appointment first time they find it difficult to set up their account with vagaro.

Nicole M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

pretty good software

Reviewed on 07/09/2016

have had it for many years and its very functional for what i use it for. Only thing i would complain about is the functionability for my clients online they wish it was a bit more user friendly like it is for us on the professional side. The credit card feature is another I didn't like just wasn't fond of their merchant account side to run credit cards too many third parties to deal with. But those are things that are very minor and your clients can set up with you before they leave if they are having problems and you don't have to use there merchant account to accept credit cards.

Pros

How easy it was to accept clients online to start booking themselves (once they got the hang of it) saves me a lot of time. Love that it reminds your clients and that you have the option to email.

Cons

The face that you cant delete a customers email if they opened up multiple accounts. The functionality online could be better for clients. They hate that they have to keep putting in dates when they are just trying to figure out what available in upcoming weeks when they don't have a specific date in mind. I also wish you could search evening or morning appts it would be easier for clients who are looking for specific times that have to keep refreshing the page.

Brent Z.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

• Customer Support Software

A must for any trainer or practioner.

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Scheduling and Client online appointments. I also use it for credit card processing. It's simple & easy to setup and honestly, it just works.

Pros

It does just about everything the other competitors do and at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

I wish they'd provide a means to track Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay or other means of electronic payment. Currently, I have to tag them all as "Check" as I don't accept checks it makes it pretty easy to track.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Brent, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you are enjoying the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Tori H.

2 years + with vagaro and still loving it

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

I am overall very satisfied with vagaro. It is easy for clients and stylists to use!

Pros

I love all the options I have with this program, and the ease of adding additional business options, as it is necessary for my business.

Cons

I don't like that it won't track a rebook unless you do it immediately when you check someone out. it is hard to rebook people this way because you can't see your full schedule and it won't allow you to overlap people from the rebook option.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Tori, we just wanted to thank you for your kind feedback. We are so glad that you love the software, and thankful to have you as one of our Vagaro Businesses!

Quintel B.

• Customer Support Software

New Coach with NEW business from VAGARO!

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Pros

This product has helped me reach more customers than I thought possible from my small town! The ability to network and reach out to such a broad base is wonderful for any new business seeking clients. It is affordable so far with minimum surprise fees. This app features step by step instructions for the unfamiliar.

Cons

a con to Vagaro is setting custom classes is a gamble for search parameters.
zoom integration was kind of pricey. ( price of business though)

Response from Vagaro

Hi Quintel, thank you so much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with our Software. Thanks for being a Vagaro Business!

Deborah H.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Vagaro for Small Aesthetic Medical Practice

Reviewed on 01/05/2020

Overall the experience has been very good. Due to the coronavirus quarantines, the time to accomplish some tasks has taken longer than desired....but considering the circumstances, all has been great!

Pros

Ease of use. Great videos to train the user(s) how to do most anything pertaining to use of the software at its full potential. Integration of the credit card piece is brilliant. Links to social media is fabulous! HIPPA protections and ability to do virtual consults is also stellar.

Cons

It does not allow me to customize forms for individual service categories. In my business, it is imperative the client patient get information on what to do before a procedure (and what to have ready for use after the procedure) to optimize results and minimize risks or adverse outcomes. At present, I need to send the person from the Booking page on Vagaro back to the (non-Vagaro-)website to download these important informational forms.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Deborah, we greatly appreciate your kind review. Thank you for letting us know what you love about Vagaro!

Lauren S.

• Customer Support Software

Vagaro has made business easy for me. That is huge.

Reviewed on 28/04/2020

I got vagaro on a wimp because someone recommended it to me but am SO happy I did. My experience has been wonderful and it makes doing taxes super easy with reports and also finding my business trends.

Pros

I am currently a 1 person operation with plans to soon expand to employees. With this software I will be able to do that with ease. I also love the email features, memberships, automated reminders and all of the other features I can't think of right now.

Vagaro makes me an efficient businesswoman and I did not have to hire a full time administrative assistant to do all it does, saving me TONS of money.

Cons

I recently discovered clients are not able to change their own memberships. I do not agree with this as I want clients to take control of their bookings and memberships. This feature I have asked for customer support to change. But, I can see that other businesses do not want to give their clients this option.

Response from Vagaro

Hi Lauren, thank you so much for your kind feedback. We greatly appreciate it and are so happy to have you as a Business on Vagaro!

• Industry: Sports

vagaropro review

Reviewed on 04/06/2020

all in one- credit card processing, marketing , forms ,etc.

Pros

Like the integration with zoom for live streaming

Cons

miss some of the basics features for clients simplicity

Response from Vagaro

Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it so much. We are grateful to have you as a Business on Vagaro!