Showing 148 reviews of 138

Rosy

Cloud-based salon and spa scheduling & management software

4.7 /5 (138 reviews) Write a Review!

Showing 148 reviews of 138
Elizabeth N.

The Rosy Software is great, but the customer service is what really makes it exceptional!

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

The benefits I received from this software were excellent customer service, ease of website and salon software integration, ease of credit card and salon software integration, and ease of salon software set-up. As a new user, I was very easily able to set up my business info, add employees and their schedules, and add all of my salon and retail inventory. Highly recommend!

Pros

I am new to the salon business and have never used a scheduling/inventory software before. Because of the excellent customer service, I have been able to get our new salon up and running using the Rosy software. It takes time to learn, but is quite intuitive. Every single time I've called, customer service team has been patient and informative. I've never felt like my questions were bothersome to them.

I also purchased the cash drawer, receipt printer, and scanner from Rosy. I am very happy with these products and the help I received in setting them up. Working with the Card Connect company via Rosy to integrate our systems has also been very easy.

My experience has been better than expected and I highly recommend Rosy Salon Software to everyone who might need it.

Cons

At this time, I can't think of anything that I don't like about the software. It exceeds my expectations.

Jody N.

It's just OK

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

We move back over to Rosy from Mindbody. I wish had spent more time looking at other programs. The customer service is great when you phone in for help and they always have been. For smaller businesses, maybe 5 staff and under, or sole proprietors it would be great program, but for a larger business it is too limited. Also, it would be nice to see the schedule adaptable for 10 minute increments instead of 15 so more customization to have schedule that fits the needs of your business. Also beef up the permissions, for example, the Staff are given certain permissions and we allow the staff to see each other's schedule so they can help set up for appointments accordingly, however, the staff would also like to view their tips for the day. But in the permissions for staff, you can do one or the other but not both. Why not? Finally, better reports for viewing staff productivities, I need to view 3 or more different reports to see Staff productivity. I would love to see a report that brings up all of the details for each staff member in one report only so team based pay or commission based pay could be monitored more accurately. This isn't a bad program but for me and our business, it's just OK. Hopefully Rosy can fix their IT issues so there are less interruptions. Thank you.

Pros

Booking an appointment is simple and customers tell us the online booking system is user friendly. It is also cost friendly.

Cons

There are constant interruptions with the server which is very frustrating. I wish Rosy would fix this already. When we used the program back in 2012 it was the same and nothing has improved since.

Heidie J.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Top notch customer service and product

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Pros

Their customer and price. Just a phone call away for any questions I have. I’ve never been on hold for more than a few minutes. Their price is affordable. Bring from Canada and buying American product I’m always needing worry about the cost after exchange.

Cons

I can’t customize the taxes. I had to come up with a different way for it to work for me.

Kimberly K.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

If you're looking for support, look elsewhere

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

Overall, Rosy was a decent program which failed to truly fine tune it's core services before trying to add on a lot of other features.

Pros

A very customizeable salon software system. Ability to change timing for different services and providers, and color coding options were nice but not overwhelming. Extensive reports. Great email marketing which included premade templates and easy way to select the custoemrs to receive the email campaign and tracking.

Cons

Reports all pulled and displayed data differently. Some would add odd things into names like "new request" which made compiling data a pain as you had to clean up each report to match another to compare information. Customer support was close to nonexistant, and every problem you had was essentially "your fault, not the software" and more often than not resulted in a work around to do a basic task. Outdated appearance. Confusing menus for settings. Software was regularly nonresponsive or completely down for random amounts of time in the middle of the day. Terrible when your whole software is cloud based. Inventory was always a mess - not a perpetual system and if there was ever a time where your inventory dipped into the negatives due to an error, it would disregard that when receiving more inventory in the future through an order.

Steve N.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Had Rosy Salon Software for 3 different nail salons, never disapointed.

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

The system is great and they have a very responsive customer service line. Definitely the best salon software system I have had the past 20+ years of working in the nail salon industry. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

It is incredibly flexible for almost near anything you can think of. Able to send text reminders, online scheduling, email, can add your own services, easily navigatable, can provide different kinds of reports that you need. Not only I am happy with it, but most of my clients are happy with it as well. We have also referred to some of our friends to use this software, they also love it. They also have a ONE MONTH FREE TRIAL that you can play and experiment with BEFORE YOU PURCHASE IT. Great for new salon/spa type business to try.

Cons

Sometimes the text messaging system texts the customer's appointment time based on their second or third service instead of the first service they have that day, but its a small minor detail that doesn't affect us too much.

Rebekah L.

Excellent cloud based software

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Rosy has all the features I was looking for when researching software for my salon. Online booking, email and text confirmations, cloud-based (no annoying updates), and plenty of reports for management. The price increases as you add stylists, which is nice when starting out small, you don't need to pay a ton up front. The customer service has been excellent and very prompt every time I have a question. I would definitely recommend this to other salons.

Pros

Text/email confirmations
Reports
Online booking
Cloud based

Cons

Can't use same email with multiple clients (a pain for families)
Can't discount a service but still give full credit to the stylist for the service (i.e., salon-run promotions that shouldn't affect stylist commissions)

Mandy E.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Love Rosy!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Rosy is such a great software. We wanted something that was cloud based and easy to use-and Rosy is! We switched from three different softwares before we found Rosy, and after using it for 5 minutes I knew this was the one. The stylists LOVE it because it's so user friendly and they didn't have to spend hours learning how to use it. They learned how to use it in 5 minutes! Customer support is amazing, they are always there to answer even the littlest of questions. They are always upgrading too, so Rosy gets even better all the time. We are a high end, fast paced salon and Rosy has been a lifesaver. We highly recommend it for your salon software!

Pros

Easy to use. Has a variety of reports. Cloud based, you can access anywhere. Online booking. Customer support.

Cons

No option to confirm through text message reminders. Wish you could customize payment options to add other ones for different coupons we offer.

Zoey J.
  • Industry: Hospitality

All that with a cherry on top!

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Rosy Software has been such an amazing experience for my business. It is very user friendly on the front end, while giving me all of the numbers, reports, and inventory tracking on the back end. I thoroughly researched over a dozen salon and spa software options before picking Rosy. I can definitely say that it gives you "All that with a cherry on top!" Pick Rosy. You won't be disappointed!

Pros

What's not to love. It's user friendly, easy to schedule with and run the right reports.

Cons

I have had a few issues (using it in other browsers like IE and a couple inventory questions.) I would love it if there were simply youtube videos or videos to go along with the knowledge base. That would be a great improvement!

Ransome B.

I use this daily to manage my salon and am very satisfied

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

easy to use and all my information in one spot. good customer service. reporting available. and online schedule

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and all the report features. It also has the ability to keep all my product information and inventory.

Cons

the online scheduler could be easier to use. I have had complants from clients. I also don't think the text reminders work as often as I'd like

Rebekah P.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reasons to love rosy

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

I have been using Rosy since I became an independent studio stylist. It has all the features I need to keep track of my business and track successes.

Pros

Being able to keep track of guests product purchases, track appointments, and formulas. Automatic appointment reminders!

Cons

Importing products/retail is not intuitive. Takes too long to add different sizes of the same product.

Heather S.

I have to title my review?

Reviewed on 17/07/2014

Pros:

Client friendly online booking

Simple, not over cluttered with "spa" stuff

Mobile access for all staff

Excellent customer service

All online so no computer worries

Email reminders

Could improve:

Add ability for clients to leave a note when making an appt. style seat has this feature and over half of all clients were using it

Add ability for stylists to block time off on mobile device. We all need to do this at least 3-4 times a week!

Fewer clicks/keystrokes during check in and check out process (why do I even have to check them in?

Make client data searchable even if they're a new client who hasn't checked in.

Have an "other" option so I can add services at the last minute. For example, if I want to charge someone for extra color, a filler, etc and want it to be a line item on their receipt but I don't want to have to set up a whole new service while they're sitting there.

Less confusing client merging. I can never tell if I'm canceling out their data

Don't make me input a sku #, it makes adding inventory tedious. I just make up fake numbers anyway.

Don't require phone/email/last name/reason for cancellation. I guess this goes back to fewer keystrokes

Customizable text reminders- I have been no showed by 20 year olds who are like "OMG email? Lol." Two hours is not enough notice!

Ability to double book through the salon but not online. I can't figure out any feasible way to do this, but my regular six weekers, I could easily double book but I don't want some new client doing it.

Michelle W.

Very Pleased Long-Time Customer

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

I have used Rosy since 2008 and have never had any issues at all. Very reliable and has always done what I needed it to do. Client connection is so important and Rosy makes it so streamlined and very easy to do! I constantly get updates and new features! Love Rosy!

Pros

It's easy to use and has great features!

Cons

The reporting isn't as detailed as it could be.

Kelly S.

Easy to learn and use.

Reviewed on 22/02/2017

Very easy to use. Tried a more complicated system with start of new office and was consistently frustrated and overwhelmed. Went back to Rosy and made my life easier. My only wish is that they would have a medical component for medical spas.

Pros

Cons

Wish had more medical procedures terminology to choose from. I.e. Laser treatments

Devin J.

Valuable Tool

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Rosy has been such a valuable resource for my business. There are so many features that save me time and keep me organized.

Pros

ease, organizational tools, online scheduling

Cons

unresolved payment processing systems & reporting challenges

Zac M.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

The Rosy Salon program and staff are easy to work with. They are prompt with responses. The system is fairly easy to use and learn. The staff helps you upload any kind of information possible that you had on a previous system. We are more than a regular salon and it fits our needs just great.

Pros

Very easy to use, and it is all online so i can check and make changes anywhere.

Cons

There are a few restrictions in comparison to other programs.

Carrie B.

Slightly disappointed

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

I preferred the option to view one day at a time on the mobile version. Also, I still feel like when I am RESCHEDULING an appointment that the software should COPY the appt exactly. I do NOT like to use the COPY option due to the fact that the software does NOT copy the entire appt but only the portion I have selected. I also miss the ability to click on the phone number and have it automatically connect to my phone option.

Pros

Almost everything. Very easy to use.

Cons

Reschedule doesn't work to my standards.
Clicking on clients number no longer takes me to my phone application.

Renee R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Don't like change but going Rosy was the best thing I ever did!!!!

Reviewed on 07/04/2017

Easy to use software with great support! I can check my schedule from anywhere. We Can check future appointments with a click. Move appointments and make them in seconds. All our gift cards are filed and can be checked for balances. I haven't even begun to use this software to its fullest capability and my life is way less stressed. I highly recommend Rosy to any salon. It works brilliantly even with being a booth rental salon with 10 girls.

Pros

Easy fast and well organized

Cons

Can't seem to let someone pay for someone's appointment in advance

Amanda M.

So far so good

Reviewed on 25/09/2020

We have been able to have success with text confirmations that our clients enjoy and it has made our jobs easier

Pros

We implemented less than a year ago and have had great success with Rosy, it has been the easiest software to train new employees on.

Cons

There are a few capabilities that I would like to see added, and some of the reporting options are not ideal

Cara K.

Great Software

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

As a wig salon working with many cancer patients, Rosy software helps us keep up to date information on our clients. From appointments to invoices and orders Rosy is very easy to use.

Pros

Cons

Back dating receipts

Rudy S.

Great program - Good Value

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

I've been using Rosy Software for a few months. So far so good. No real complaints but I think if they add a few features the product can be perfect!

Pros

Online booking, Inventory, customer service is excellent.

Cons

System needs ability to add text to confirmation emails, Inventory and services set up is a little limited and complicated but I've been able to work around it, tip handling needs a little tweaking and there needs to be the ability for me to allow my clients to carry a balance on their account rather than moving a ticket to another date. In my previous software I was able to allow my clients to pay for their service(s) or products at a later date and on occasion pay it in a couple of installments.

Trena B.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 26/01/2015

I have been using Rosy Salon and Spa for about 5 years now and feel its one of the best things I've done to grow my business. It has played a key role in client growth and retention. It is super easy to use and they are continually updating and adding new features that help me run my business professionally and efficiently. As a small business owner, the monthly price point was an initial huge consideration, however, what has kept me as a customer is the fantastic and personal customer service. As my business needs have changed in different ways, it has always been easy to call up and or email Rosy Salon and receive immediate, one on one, help and support. The staff has spent as much time with me as I have needed to understand the program, implement changes and share their knowledge with me. What a fantastic experience it has been to have access to Rosy Salon and Spa software and its wonderful employees!

Victoria H.

AHmazing!

Reviewed on 09/09/2014

I am a receptionist at a hair studio, and before Rosy, it was difficult to make appointments due to the software we had. Now that we have Rosy, it is not only user friendly, but it also allows our studio to stand apart by offering customizing options (i.e. our logo on the customer scheduling page). The staff behind Rosy is incredible, and are always willing to go above and beyond to solve any issues, no matter how small. I was never once on hold, which is important when working in a busy environment. I also love the ease Rosy offers of giving the stylist access to their schedules on any device at any time. Thank you Rosy for making my job easier and thank you staff of Rosy for making me feel not only like a customer, but a friend as well!

Lori N.

Best thing I ever did for my Salon !

Reviewed on 12/09/2014

I have an eight chair salon although not very big, it still can get quite confusing at the front desk. Rosy simplified everything for us and it's so easy to install the initial information and very easy to maneuver around the site. What I love too is that every time I need help someone at Rosy is always there to happily help me through it! Keeping up with retail sales, inventory, clients purchasing history, that is a bonus. It's very rare to have no shows now with Rosy's email and text conformation our clients love it! No more double booking all the information you need is at your fingertips, and you can see it from anywhere as long as you have the internet! Best thing I ever did for my salon!

Fred K.

Features and value

Reviewed on 13/07/2014

We needed a scalable, full featured, web based salon management package for our salon. Mobile and tablet access is excellent! Being a booth rental salon, multiple merchant accounts were a must. We found all of this in Rosy. It is quite possibly the easiest appointment creation I've ever seen and a beautiful scheduler as well. So many 'full featured' packages that offer things you want like online customer scheduling and text msg./email reminders are not specialized for the salon industry. This is not the case for Rosy. Highly customizable and simple to use, we are very happy with our choice. These guys know what they are doing. We highly recommend Rosy salon software.