FluentStream

A cloud-based business phone service

4.6 /5 (64 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
4.6
4.4
4.5
4.8
Industry: Legal Services

High quality VOIP phone service, very helpful customer service; so-so portable service.

Reviewed on 08/12/2017

High quality VOIP service, ability to make and receive calls when away from my office.

Pros

I am impressed with the quality of phone service (clarity, very few dropped calls). When using a VOIP service, this is my top priority. I also regularly make international calls, and the rates are very competitive. The ability to take my number with me and make calls on the go from my computer is helpful - but see cons.

Cons

Using my computer as my phone (with a cell phone headset), the reception, particularly by the other party of my voice) is spotty and deteriorates over the span of a call, particularly a longer one. The integration with GSuite, including the use of the address book, leaves too much to be desired. The user interface is not intuitive and deserves an upgrade.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

John M.
Industry: Real Estate

Excellent Service and Features

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

FluentStream helps my employees provide better quality of service than they were able to provide with our old PBX system. This has been a total win for our company and for our clients.

Pros

I primarily like the customization that is available, from automated answering messages to call routing, and call recording. I regularly use the app on my phone to make and receive calls while away from my desk. The sound quality is excellent. Customer service is excellent, starting with chat service that promptly fixes any problems that occur.

Cons

I sometimes have trouble remembering how to use some of the less common features, but their customer service chat quickly walks me through the forgotten steps.

Jordan H.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Excellent Value, Features, and Customer Service

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

Fluentstream has met or exceeded all of our expectations. Their customer service is courteous, thorough, knowledgeable and patient. The features we have received have improved our business, in ways we did not know were available. The call forwarding to external numbers, time conditions, visual voicemail, e-fax, call routes, have all improved our productivity and response time. I cannot recommend Fluentstream highly enough for your business! To top it off we saved a tremendous amount of money, and received more features.

Pros

Feature set, call forwarding to external phone numbers, time conditions, visual voicemail, remote administration, call logs for all devices, efax, the list goes on.

Cons

Initially there were missing features we recognized transferring from our old system, however those quickly disappeared as we discovered even better methods to achieve the same tasks.

Rhonda H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Better value and feature over our last VoIP provider

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Whenever I reach out to customer support, I've been assisted immediately. I've not had one bad experience with the support team. Very professional and knowledgeable.

Pros

I like the ease of pulling report to analyze data. Also, being able to listen in to employee conversations with has been a great tool for training.

Cons

I do not particularly care for the pop up messages asking if I need assistance every time I log in to the portal. I get the whole idea behind it but it's so easy to reach out for assistance, it's not necessary. If I need assistance, I'll reach out for it.

Yashpal S.
Industry: Telecommunications

The Best cloud based VOIP Service ever used !

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Pros

The best part is the Support we get on customer portal with chat representatives.
Timely update of any outage due to server updates.
Transparent Billing and Setup (No Hidden Charges)

Cons

Still Finding...:) Hard to find a Flaw in your System.

Industry: Law Practice

Easy way to migrate to VOIP

Reviewed on 25/01/2019

Have been using for years

Pros

It just works like it should, with no real hassles.

Cons

Would like easier online portal, with all extensions able to access a single online fax number

Joseph L.
Industry: Research

Oh FluentStreat....

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Overall, my experience with FS was fairly negative. I think I joined at a really bad time, I would say the call quality for half our calls was bad. And we were receiving/making 100 calls a day. From what I gathered it was caused by server issues, and it was a larger problem at the time, but you didn't know that at the time I believe, so you couldnt really help. You moved us onto a different server to help, but it didn't really do much. Also, our MAIN LINE at different times stopped accepting incoming calls - it just wouldn't accept incoming calls, your team couldn't explain why you just said "we'll make a ticket with the carrier" like that would help. 1) That incoming calls wouldnt work wasn't acceptable; and 2) Nor was that solution - we'll make a ticket with the carrier! Are you kidding me. I asked that they set up a shell number (as our main line was being forwarded calls from another main line) to bypass the bad line, but that shouldn't have come from me. Your support staff should have thought that up.

Pros

-The many different features are great, and for how much you are paying it's really impressive.
-On-boarding was outstanding - rapid response, very helpful. I dealt with the rep, and he was knowledgeable and always ready to take my call.

Cons

-The website interface can be improved. It's a little chunky. The phone app could also be more complex, it's really small and I have to use key combos to access things. If the phone app contained a seperate menu for voicemail it would be cool.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Ashley C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Fluent Stream = Beyond Customer Satisfaction

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Can forward calls to cell phones easily, has improved our office's work flow and phone system.

Pros

The Customer Service, if a question ever arises, is impeccable.

Cons

The cell phone app/ web phone app. It is difficult for our staff to set up and use,

Steve J.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

FluentStream VOIP Phone Service - Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Excellent - ours was not an easy setup for 2 companies at one location sharing personnel and phones. I'd recommend using the phones that FluentStream says work best with their system. We have Cisco SPA508G and they are good phones - but the programming is a little more complex to integrate if you need a custom setup. They did an OUTSTANDING job compared with both large and smaller VOIP providers we've used and explored.

Pros

Value for the Cost is outstanding - significant savings over past providers. Support has been superb for us - quick responses and semi-custom solutions, software offers many setup options, USA competent support.

Cons

A few very minor glitches with setting up text notifications - however - our customer service agent handled all modification requests promptly and enthusiastically.

Sandy S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

FluentStream review

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

allows us to document more details after reviewing calls, this is very beneficial

Pros

The ease of use is the greatest feature.

Cons

I don't have any negatives about the software.

Desserie F.

A++ All Around!

Reviewed on 09/01/2015

Customer Service is unmatched. From day 1, they were able to answer any of questions, comments and concerns. Every feature and capabilities we could ask for were developed. Quality of calls are no longer a concern. Great system, highly recommended!

Jessica R.
Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Couldn't ask for better customer service!

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Any issue I may have, or need assistance with customer service agents are friendly, helpful and hands on. At first I was skeptical suing a phone company that is not located in my back yard, however remote access is a wonder and gets the issues taken care of, almost immediately. The technology is advanced but easy to use, couldn't ask for more.

Pros

I love the user friendly platform, very "dummy proof" for those of us that aren't as technologically inclined. I also the love the Fluentcloud mobile app that allows me to access my extension while I am out of the office.

Cons

I would not say there is anything I don't like, in most cases it is my lack of knowledge on how to navigate the software.However anytime I contact the customer service team they are ready and willing to walk me through these processes through instruction and education.

John J.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

An upstart VOIP provider that will give the big names a run for their money!!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2020
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's been world-class amazing from the sales process, to onboarding, to daily use.

Pros

The software is fairly straightforward like most VOIP systems. It may not be as flashy as Vonage, RingCentral or 8x8, but it's a great cost, and the customer support team has been AMAZING for both selection, implementation and ongoing use.

Cons

Nothing really. Some things are a little harder to find compared to the bigger systems because they're a new vendor. But they're constantly upgrading and making the system easier and easier to use.

Kariann K.
Industry: Veterinary

Up's and Downs

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

Over all it is a GREAT company to work with. I love the support staff they are all friendly and try their darndest to get things fixed. Even if you feel extra needy. They never let on that they aren't happy to help. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is especially patient with our nit pickyness.

Pros

I really like that it's user friendly and easy to learn. It really helps that it allows us to have many phone lines. Also the online faxing feature and text feature are helpful. Their support team is awesome and there for you 24/7 and don't sound annoyed when you call back multiple times.

Cons

There were some quirks to work out to get it to work smoothly with our business. We don't like that there isn't a contact list for the fax machine feature and that you can only text 180 characters. The no contact list for the fax slows us down in having to find fax numbers every time. The text feature really limits what we can text clients. We had to get really creative in our wording to keep it within the limit.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jimmy G.
Industry: Information Services

Lexus Of VOIP Services

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Pros

I have had two lines with Fluentstream at different points of time but had to cancel them as my business was not getting much use of the Toll Free lines. The service has been FANTASTIC through and through and I have nothing but praise for these guys. I have used a bunch of VOIP service but Fluentstream is really enterprise grade stuff and no mickey mouse operation like some of the other players. I was really sad to cancel but should I need a service like theirs in the future, I would even go back in my dreams...

Cons

Not sure if this was their fault port but the porting in date for my number was 2 weeks from sign up day whereas it was just a few days for Twilio when I ported it out back. Not a big deal for me anyways...

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Customer service second to none!

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

I've never had an issue that there hasn't been someone right there to immediately help me get the issue resolved. And they're not just efficient - they're friendly and personable, too. It's always a pleasure to work with them!

Pros

It's easy to use, which makes it great to be able to get new people up to speed.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to configure a new device - HOWEVER, that's offset by the fact that there's ALWAYS someone at FluentStream who is ready and willing to help me get it done, and quickly.

Tony E.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

USed it for over 2 years, internationa offices, multiple businesses.

Reviewed on 30/07/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Service, Reliability, Flexibility.
They always answer or call back promptly.
Even international use, they can accommodate, and the product works super well, without any trouble.

They help when we re-organize or re-deploy the original programing.
The flexibility with users, multiple companies and international offices and remote employees is amazing. The contrast between this system and a huge complex proprietary system is night and day, not even on the same planet. This is easy, the service is responsive... the price is right, the reliability is exceptional

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Fluentstream.

Larry S.
Industry: Retail

FluentStream Technology

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

We have been using FluentStream for probably about five <5> years (my best guess) -- and are 1000% satisfied with the product and service.

Pros

I do not view this as a software product but as a technology platform; that said, I am not someone who, as a general rule, makes product recommendations. FluentStream is an exception. The product provides excellent telecommunications services (VoIP) for our full and complete range of communication needs -- and does so at a very cost effective price point.
While we virtually never need support (maybe two times per year) -- FluentStream is easy to reach, communicative, knowledgeable, and quick to reply with resolution and/or an answer.

Cons

Nothing; the product is ideal for our needs.

Kristofer K.
Industry: Insurance

Great Product at a Great Price

Reviewed on 24/07/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As a business owner, I am always on the lookout for quality and cost. Often one of those comes at the cost of the other. That is not so with FluentStream - they truly are the best of three worlds. That third world is service. I have never once felt like a number unlike I have with other telecom companies.

If you have a business and are looking for an alternative to the big guys, I urge you to give FluentStream a try. You will be extremely hard-pressed to find a better combination of quality, features, and service - all for a price that is phenomenal. On top of that, their platform is totally customizable for your business and they can change it on the fly. What more can you ask for?

I have put them on my website for free because I am THAT impressed and I want those who know me to have the opportunity to get to know them. I heartily endorse this company.

Cons

My biggest complaint would be regarding faxing. It should be a smoother process and it would be nice to have a time/date stamp added to the pdf of the faxed info in lieu of having to save the email with the pdf.

Jonathan G.
Industry: Human Resources

Best phone provider in the business!

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

I have never had the pleasure to work with such an incredible phone provider before. FluentStream gives you all the features you could possibly want at a very reasonable price, they are always working with us to innovate on great ideas to help our clients reach us. They have helped us to streamline our process and save money by not needing to use multiple providers. To top it off, in the 2 years we have been using them we have had the service go down once(not even their fault as a main upstream carrier went down) and they switched over their upstream carrier within 5 minutes to get us completely back up and running. INCREDIBLE.

Pros

Very intuitive and capable system.

Cons

I can not think of more ways to incorporate them into our systems.

Ryan H.
Industry: Human Resources

Best Service Provider

Reviewed on 17/01/2017

We have 17 service providers and FluentStream is easily ranked in the top 2 spots alongside Salesforce.com. They have collaborated with us on some custom delevopment projects and have saved us a ton of money over our previous provider. Fluentstream has hands down the most reliable VOIP service I have ever witnessed, as well as a groundbreaking cloud PBX.

Pros

Reliable
UI is fantastic
Cloud Based
Budget Friendly
Not Nickle and Dimed
Great Customer Support

Cons

None

Jeff P.
Industry: Management Consulting

FluentStream

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Some of the best customer service I have experienced with any company.

Pros

software is very functional and goes across many platforms

Cons

although their web portal is a bit confusing and takes time to find things that should be intuitive

Adam D.
Industry: Financial Services

Great Voip System for the price

Reviewed on 27/01/2017
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We used FluentStream on our team for about 2 years. In the beginning, we rarely encountered issues. Note that I was not the admin or IT guy on FluentStream, but I rarely had a problem. The interface is easy to use and requires zero training.

Pros

Clear calls with few drops. Support was always helpful and quick (often put our own support team to shame). Support was always friendly and knowledgeable, which is what you need. :)

Cons

Other than occasional glitches, there were no cons. But you will get that with every phone, so don't over think it.

John K.
Industry: Management Consulting

Outstandiing Company

Reviewed on 27/07/2015
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Customer service is outstanding, tech support folks are great.

Cons

No complaints. There is nothing here to write.

Kristofer r. K.