Lever

Cinthia
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Best ATS Ever!!

Reviewed on 26/01/2022

The team has been amazing! Since the 1st contact, demos, implementation, everything has been great!

Pros

The integrations with LinkedIn, HackerRank, Fetcher, Slack are amazing!

Cons

Please give us Hiring Manager Satisfaction Surveys and improve the automation feature!!

Zoho Recruit, SmartRecruiters, Avature, and Greenhouse

Better trearment

Reasons for Switching to Lever

The functions, integrations, talent intelligence module, and all the support provided by their team :)
Sydney
  • Industry: Biotechnology

• Customer Support Software

Easy to configure ATS that provides a great candidate, recruiter, and hiring manager experience

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Pros

User interface is very intuitive and makes it easy to navigate. As a super admin, it's been very easy to configure/change/edit the settings in all facets. The global aspects of the company are very important from a data protection perspective along with the integration APIs. If you are a data person, you will love the visual insights as well. You can slice the data any way you need to and share automated reports on a cadence you define. The integration team was also incredible....they go above and beyond to figure out any roadblocks with integration and/or process specific needs that Lever doesn't readily support.

Cons

We are very strict with our security settings related to email and can't enable the approval processes just yet which is disappointing. Not Lever's fault, just the nature of our business setup. It has many features, but it could use a few more visual indicators in the candidate pipeline stages when multiple people are adding notes or giving a "thumbs up or down" while reviewing to make it easier to see if action has been taken on a candidate. It would also be nice to have sorting capabilities in the pipeline stages as well.

JazzHR, Workable, and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

We were using the recruiting module in ceridian and it was clunky, not very efficient, and didn't allow good workflow/visual insights.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Contract terms, cost, customer service, configurability, ease of use

• Customer Support Software

Painful enough to leave my first review on anything work related

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Based on the above am clearly not very happy. That said, I have only used Lever and Greenhouse (which is far far better). I feel like some negative grump leaving this review, but in 4 months I have wasted hours trying to get feature requests, figuring simple things out like specific plans for certain roles, only to find it literally isn't an option.I feel like they have given up on this, it could be so much better, get a small team with proper UI/UX skills and it could be a really good ATS.

Pros

It looks ok, isn't slow, I like the font.Customer service is actually good (although feature requests don't get completed).

Cons

No point in listing everything or I'll be here for days, I've already flagged them as feature requests months ago and not heard anything back. This ATS, whilst fast and not completely useless is just so painful in so many ways, the amount of illogical UX/UI that has been put into this is baffling - the main outstanding one being that jobs and candidates are kept in separate channels... what!?- Can't format feedback forms.- Any interview plan you set up is duplicated across ALLjobs.. you can't have specific plans for specific roles, are you kidding me right?- Can't turn off email notifications for reminding to submit feedback, even though there is a notification options in settings (missing the option).- When you are rejecting/archiving people if you type out an email and accidentally click off it's all deleted and does not save, this happens with other parts as well (if you just send a norma email it does save).- Want to return to the candidate after leaving feedback? You have to open a new tab.- Scheduling feels like someone doing A level comp science has built it, basic and not efficient. - No customisation settings - sorry, deal with the grey, bleak looking system (other than the font).- Don't get me started on the analytics, it's so poor.

Response from Employ

We are very sorry to hear about your experience. The Lever team is here to help. Please submit a request to the Lever Support team: https://help.lever.co/hc/en-us/requests/new

You have opted to keep your contact information hidden; if you change your mind and would like to provide the name of your organization, we can connect you with a rep for support as well.

Payton
Payton
  • Industry: Construction Software

New to Lever

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

The communication and support while considering to go with Lever and again when implementing, was phenomenal.

Pros

My favorite aspect about Lever is being able to send candidates profiles and notes to one of our hiring managers and it goes straight to their email. The hiring manager can respond to the note without even having to log into lever. I also love the ease of setting interviews and calendar invites in one, simple step.

Cons

I wish we had known about more Lever features before we were assigned to the basic package because if the quoted pricing included items such as DocuSign and the Preferred Support were included, we would most likely have those.

Breezy

Reasons for Choosing Lever

The communication and support from AAIM was obsolete.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

We decided we loved our interactions with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and our [SENSITIVE CONTENT], were interactions we wanted to have with our new ATS system because that is what we were lacking before. Those two ladies made all the difference to us!
Emily
Emily
  • Industry: Online Media

Great ATS for a small HR team

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

Our initial talks with Lever before selecting the ATS as well as our implementation process could not have been easier and more enjoyable! Ever member of our team was available to answer questions and walk us through the process and troubleshoot any roadblocks (though there were not many!)

Pros

Lever provides valuable insights for a small HR team lacking a dedication recruiter. We were able to streamline our process, implement standardized feedback forms, and more easily communicate with candidates at every step of the process. We love having a single source of truth and know that Lever will be able to grow with our team.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little daunting but that's mostly because my team has never had an ATS before, so this is all new to us! The upcoming additional data visualizations in reporting I think will make this transition easier for me and my team.

Workable and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Lever

The ability to scale up as our recruiting needs scale. Customization of the system and reporting functions were key in making the decision.
Tommy
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

Could be good depending on organizational need

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Pros

Its super easy to use and great for tracking candidate pipeline. Simple for new hiring managers to understand and navigate

Cons

Its has the least functionality of all the modern ATS, it doesn't have much places where you can customize compared to Greenhouse, Ashby, etc.

Ashby and Greenhouse
Sarah
Sarah

• Customer Support Software

Best Candidate Tracking Software!

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

Using Lever has been a breeze. It's so easy to track candidates, but also to save resumes for later review. We love using Lever!

Pros

Lever makes it so so easy to recruit and track candidates for multiple job postings. The job site it creates is easy to navigate and integrates very simply into our company's website. I love that you can manage each posting separately and even assign different hiring managers to each. By far, my favorite feature are the interview feedback forms. This makes it easy to see what all interviewers think of the candidate and allow them to jot down notes throughout the process.

Cons

There's not much that I don't like about Lever. Occasionally, the email connection breaks and you have to reconnect your email, but that's super easy.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever had more of the features we were looking for.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

• Customer Support Software

Great product for fast paced hiring

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Lever has been noting but great so far. Awesome implementation process, great features that cut our time spent recruiting in half, and overall a strong option for an ATS.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to visually see candidates move through the process by "owner" or recruiter.

Cons

You cannot import your email signature to email templates

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Hire Thing /Rippling was not as strong at meeting our needs from a candidate management standpoint.

Rippling

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever allows us to move at the rate that we need to more to hire
Paul
Paul
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

A simple candidate experience tied to a robust and data rich back office engine

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

I would recommend Lever over every other product I have used in the past, including products built by Payroll providers ADP, Paylocity and Paycom. More flexible, easier to use and more client intuitive

Pros

Easy to Deploy. Great staff to work with us

Cons

Price is always an issue with Not For Profit, but our time savings has been worth it

Kenneth
Kenneth

One of the Best ATSes out there

Reviewed on 04/03/2020

Solving the entire Talent Acquisition cycle with the tool to improve efficiency, candidate experience and reduce cost of sourcing

Pros

Extremely easy to use and integrated with the GSuite makes this product super easy to use.

Cons

Any form of changes or customisation to your existing process needs are sometimes covered as a new feature with a cost

hireXP, Naukri RMS, and Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Better value for money and simply the best features
Michaela
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Smart ATS + CRM tool

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

We went through the implementation led by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and that was superb. Overall the customer care is strong and I like the product.

There are several features that Lever should work on so it fits better organizations of a larger scale (1000+) as some of the workflows are just not granular enough.

Pros

- sourcing part
- integrations with other systems
- the system is smart so it is limiting mistakes
- reporting is strong (as the system does not allow many mistakes)

Cons

GDPR options are very simple, we need them more advanced as a EU based company
user roles - too simple for us, again we would need to have them more granular
email/interview templates - it would be great if these could be preset based on the interview name/type - it would save a lot of time to search through templates
department/team set up - as this affects the entire system and automation it is very hard to set it up correctly, as we are an organization of larger scale, it is just not enough granular for us
job offer approval set up - again not granular enough for us

SmartRecruiters and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Lever

Jobvite did not allow keeping Job postings and requisitions separate The interface was quite old-fashioned and some tasks took way too many clicks to do Jobvite was very rigid when we needed to make any changes from the standard

Jobvite

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Lever was better fitting our business needs - strong CRM + ATS that helps with clear reporting
Marina
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Data-Driven ATS

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

ATS that cares about people.

ATS that cares about people.

Pros

Switched from a no-reporting ATS to Lever and it has been such a wonderful experience so far. The whole tool is built with candidates and candidate experience in mind. I honestly cannot imagine going back to how we used to work.

Working with candidate profiles is intuitive and fast - especially with the newest feature CV Review.

The Chrome extension makes sourcing on Linkedin a breezy.

Our account manager during closing the deal was absolutely lovely - she was a great support in pitching the proposal to the business and getting us the best price we could afford. Thanks, Lo!

Cons

I'm gonna have to say customer support. Issues are rarely resolved on the first try - they also work US hours only which makes it really hard to fix critical issues on day 1.

Lately there have been more issues with the platform than before. Though Lever sent an email about it, why it happened and how they will ensure it doesn't repeat in the future.

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Greenhouse had too many things that could be tweaked making reporting unreliable. Their account management team also came across as pushy, dishonest and overall only looking to score a sale.
Maggie

• Customer Support Software

Easy to use, but robust ATS!

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Pros

I love the clean user interface in Lever and how easy it is to learn how to use. I love all the the (seemingly) simple features that make a huge difference in the candidate experience (ie. easy scheduling, email templates, delayed email feature, offer letter integration, interview feedback reminders, etc). The support team is extremely helpful and responds quickly. The launchpad site with hundreds of posts on how to use the features is invaluable.

Cons

The only thing I would like is Lever to have more free job board integrations (ie. automatically posts to various job boards without me having to pay for separate posts)

James

RLL = Recruiters Love Lever

Reviewed on 29/03/2017

Pros

Lever is a very intuitive product, and takes the recruiting efforts of any organization to the next level. The interface is extremely user friendly, and helps streamline candidate experience. Their Customer Success team is amazing, and they are always willing to go above and beyond for their clients.

I first came across Lever when I was leading recruiting efforts at a startup called Bluecore. I was all but settled on selecting Greenhouse as our ATS, not because I thought it was better than Lever, but simply because Greenhouse was the ATS that I heard the most buzz about. Before pulling the trigger, though, I decided it would be a good idea to see what else was out there, and at least take a look at another option or two. I reached out to my Recruiter network, and my buddy at Foursquare mentioned to me that they were using Lever, and that he really liked it. I set up a demo, and the rest is history. Lever knocked the demo out of the park, and I have had an amazing relationship with the company since.

When I eventually left Bluecore to become the Director of Talent at Docurated, I made sure during the interview process that I would be able to bring Lever with me. The product is continuously improving, and I look forward to being a part of the ride.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about Lever, as I am a big proponent of all of it's functionalities. If I had to pick something, I would suggest that Lever start working with more job posting sites to enhance it's capabilities on the frontend. Blasting out job postings to Indeed and other top job sites, besides for just Glassdoor and LinkedIn (I think you can only do this if you purchase job posting slots from these sites), would be awesome. Right now I am using Built In NYC in additional to Lever to ensure I get the most bang for my buck in regards to driving inbound candidate flow.

Mike

• Customer Support Software

Smooth, easy, and frustration free

Reviewed on 25/01/2018

I used Lever for years at RedOwl (but was not involved in the implementation) and implemented it here at Cybrary. It has had an immediate positive impact. I have recommended it to friends in the past from a user's perspective and now that I've gone through deploying/implementing it, I only feel that much stronger and more positive about your product and recommending it.

Pros

Having the implementation plan and scheduled checkins with cust support has helped a lot in getting me to focus on the right things at the right time. Lever does a great job at striking the balance between "highly configurable" and ready to use out of the box: most of what we need is pre-configured properly (making deployment easy) and the fact that most things are configurable/customizable is great (making it easier to tweak those things where we need to deviate from "norm").

Cust support rep was great and answered many questions that went beyond Lever features/functions/configurations. I enjoyed working with him and he was very helpful -- as the VP of Engineering, "HR" isn't exactly my wheelhouse. He took into account our specific needs and suggested best practices that took into account other considerations (e.g. legal).

Cons

As you are aware, it would be great if EasyBook was more of a global feature. It would be great if a coworker could use the links and email templates I configured. Also I wish schedules could be modified by the people being scheduled rather than just by the owner of the link. Finally, consider treating "Tentative" or "Maybe" as Accepted/Busy on calendars (or making that more configurable); there have been a couple of race conditions on scheduling phone screens: Developer is invited to a planning meeting but has not yet accepted and then gets booked for a conflicting phone screen.

Archive reasons should have long descriptions/reminder text/instructions in the app. For example, we "stole" Lever's "Wrong Motivations" archive reason but I'm sure that folks are not clear on what that means and when to use it. It would be great to have reminders/instructions in-app to help folks pick the best one.

Candice
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Mostly good

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

This is a pro and a con - When processing a candidate for a role, it's good to be able to have visibility of what stages they're at with other roles they've applied to. But then it becomes a bit annoying when trying to process them for one role, but having to either decline or progress them for any other roles they've applied for, even if they aren't your roles.

Pros

- I like the way Lever processes candidates (pipeline). It's straightforward to use.
- Great visibility of candidate notes.
- It's fast at updating across the system, good synchronisation.
- I like the way the feedback works between Outlook/hiring managers email.
- New interview feature to show if hiring managers have accepted their interview invitations.
- We like that it integrates with DocuSign and Outlook, and the chrome extension for LinkedIn.
- It's cloud-based so we can log in from anywhere.
- Evan is awesome

Cons

- We can't use bullet points in Offer forms because they don't format correctly in the final contract.
- Formatting of job description (can't do bullet points)
- It's challenging for hiring managers to find the 'approve' button when offer approval emails come through (it's at the bottom of the email and then it's not clear when they open the candidate's profile.
- Could have more use of colour coding.
- Hiring managers keep their access to individual profiles after their jobs have closed (then managers complain about receiving too many notifications)
- There should be multiple Offer forms (for each of our locations for e.g.)

Sara

• Customer Support Software

Incredibly easy to use with a top notch team to support it!

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Overall, this is a great software that continues to release new things - both big & small - to improve the workflows for its users! The team is dedicated to improving recruiting & company culture. At the very least, subscribe to their emails for some thoughtful content!

Pros

-First off, the sales & implementation teams are fantastic. I had a great experience during the sales process (which is why I chose them over Greenhouse) & Customer support representative from implementation (customer success) has continued to be a trusted partner even post-onboarding.
-It's relatively easy to set up & manage ongoing updates. I pretty much built the entire thing when we switched from Jazz. While I have an implementation background, I'm no engineer, so kudos for making it easy to manage.
-Hiring managers love it - esp. product & engineering!
-The email templates are a life-changer.
-The sync with Google calendar for rooms & availability is also a life-changer.

Cons

While overall, it's a fantastic product, there are a few very nitpicky items I'd love to see modified down the road:

-More customization for job posts; there are a couple standard fields you can't change.
-Ability to sort applicants by certain criteria, i.e. if they included a cover letter or link to portfolio.
-Permission levels with more "pick & choose" customization.
-Changing interview times, teams, and feedback forms could be easier.
-Option to save commonly used filters -- for a super admin with access to all reqs, it can be a tad overwhelming, but I've hacked a good process with bookmarks!

Ghayathri
  • Industry: Market Research Software

Cost-effective ATS for small to mid-stage companies - Lever

Reviewed on 02/04/2023

Pros

Simple and effective, cost is affordable for growing organizations, and the way they price it based on employee count and not on a per-seat basis.

Cons

Reporting can be better, LinkedIn integration is a work in progress.

BambooHR

Ease of usage

Gmail, BambooHR, and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Lever

Ease of usage, and the features are great.
Molly
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

We have loved our switch to Lever!

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Pros

We implemented Lever at the beginning of this year and are very happy overall with our switch. We originally chose to go with Lever because we liked how "candidate-centric" this platform was over other systems. We wanted an ATS that streamlined our application process, screening, and made scheduling a breeze and overall, we have found that!

The implementation and customer service team has been top-notch with Lever. Along the way, we have received answers to our questions right away. The videos and tutorials have been extremely helpful and the feedback response rate from our interviewers has increased. The integration with Microsoft Office365 with a single log-on process was well-received with our interview teams.

Our company fills a majority of our entry-level hires through campus recruiting and Lever has allowed us to organize our applications by school, events, position, etc. which has helped our team organize our campus recruiting efforts. We are also beginning to implement Lever "Nurture" to help with our recruiting campaigns and to help us recruit "passive candidates."

Overall, we are pleased with Lever and its functionality. We would recommend it completely.

Cons

The ease of use of reporting could be better, but Lever seems to be continually pushing out new updates.

Jiyoung
  • Industry: Research

• Customer Support Software

Very good to find and manage candidate and the stage

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Generally, it's very good

Generally, it's very good

Pros

I really like that I can search the candidates very easily and change the stage.

Cons

- We probably can improve more language support like resume titles or secondary application submission. - Can I see that the NPS has been sent to each managers and candidate? I would like to remind them to sumbit but as I don't know when they get exactly, I have less possibility to track.- Also I wish I could see the candidates by requisition as well(not just merely with postings). - I do hope that I can have some filter options in the requisition section like hiring managers, dates, titles etc. - How the requisition update date is defined? seems any interaction is regarded as update so I do not know how to track exactly.

Brie

• Customer Support Software

Easy and useful tool but often needs work arounds for special processes.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Pros

- easy to navigate
- simple setup and settings management
- easy tracking of candidates and pipeline
- bulk actions
- collaboration: Notes features and secret notes
- Organization of tool, specifically on profiles: easy to find information and like that the features are separated out (Notes, Feedback, etc.)
- Integration with GCal and Gmail and Docusign
- can have agencies submit into the tool
- customizable feedback forms

Cons

- hard to customize certain processes
- can't customize access for all employees
- some features are unclear without explanation; help text sometimes doesn't provide clarity for the functionality
- difficult to build future pipelines or "project folders" for future sourcing
- agencies can't track their candidates in the tool (agency portal) so we have to manually keep them updated
- overall management of everyone's Lever access -- experienced many bugs in the backend and reoccurring issues

Jessie

The Recruitment Tool You Really Need

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

Overall, I think Lever's by far the best product on the market for those who are focusing on sourcing for good candidates for jobs. This tool is the most efficient one I've seen: I single-handedly ran 200 senior candidates through the tool via sourcing in my first month at work, from sourced to 2X hires. Saying that, the sales process could be better and they're a bit unnecessary when it comes to additional features. All in all, grit your teeth and just do it. It'll turn Recruitment into an organised, and very professional flow in a matter of days.

Pros

- Time Efficient: LinkedIn extension, and the flow of the work means 1 person can manage 100s of candidates: and survive.
- The Sourcing Dream: if you're sourcing candidates it's your best friend: it takes me 30 seconds to onboard a new lead
- Customisable interview sheets: it's so easy to give feedback on a candidate once you get going.
-,Wonderful Onboarding Support: once you've made the decision your onboarding support is impressive, professional, and great.

Cons

- Price: it's not cheap, but the price does vary according to company size. It's worth it if you've hired anyone dedicated to recruitment.
- Integrations: things like a Slack integration are unnecessarily pricey features. The same comes for the amount of integrations (not that many) as well as the price tag to do each one (something as necessary as a DocuSign integration costs serious cash). That limits you, and feels annoying.
- Sales process: it's not the best sales experience. They aren't flexible on things like multi-year deals, or any way to help you line up the Product with your current budget. That makes no sense.

Sophie

Quality ATS, though not the most user friendly

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Using Lever has been a good experience for our team overall - it's centralized all of our recruiting operations in a single platform, making it easier to track candidates and hire them!

Pros

Lever has all of the features you would expect in an ATS - an easy to set up careers page, configurable roles and permissions, feedback forms, customizable steps in the interview process, scheduling, and more.

Cons

New team members often find it unintuitive to figure out how to add feedback. I also don't like the lack of formatting options in the feedback text boxes - for example, bullets copied in from a Word or Google Doc are lost, resulting in garbled text.

Kate

You CANNOT find a better ATS

Reviewed on 24/05/2017

EVERYTHING about leading a talent function is easier with Lever.

EVERYTHING about leading a talent function is easier with Lever.

Pros

The ability to easily implement and adopt this software was critical and a major reason we decided on Lever. Given company wide adoption was necessary for our new ATS, ensuring we found something that everyone from Talent to Engineering, and everything in between would be comfortable with was key. Lever makes it easy for everyone, at all different levels, to get value from the platform. Since adoption, the participation around recruitment activity such as referrals and interview feedback has dramatically increased.

Cons

It honestly becomes a bit difficult for me to think of a true "con" to this software. Anytime there has been an update or new feature that i thought wasn't the right way to go, I've been completely wrong. The Lever team listens to their customers, understands our needs, and delivers on it before we even have a chance to know it was something that needed to be fixed. If I REALLY had to think of something, it would be that I can't group my users by team in administrative settings. It would be great to search by team/group vs. name.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

The best ATS I've found

Reviewed on 12/11/2018

Having past experience from using Lever, I knew it was my go-to ATS when I started my own recruitment company. Although not originally intended for external recruitment agencies, I find it to be a useful tool for our work as well – as a result we might not use all the features (e.g. the agency platform), but for all intents and purposes it's the best tool I've found.

Customer service has been great, the only downside being that as there's no local support in Europe, we usually have to wait until the next day to get a reply. Not a big issue, but worth noting anyway. If you want to customize the recruitment pipeline steps and archive reasons you can't do it yourself, so in that sense it's not the fastest tool to modify on the go. Still, it's a great tool overall!

Pros

- Ease of use
- Useful features
- Customer service
- Integrations and extensions

Cons

- No local support in Europe --> takes a while to get replies to queries
- Customization has to be done through Lever support, can't update the recruitment pipeline or archive reasons by yourself
- The job ads created through Lever don't look very nice