Write a Review!

Modupe
Modupe
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Reliable financial management software.

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Sage Intacct is the primary software deployed by the company for financial management activities like automatic updating and consolidation of our general ledger, which is crucial for accurate financial reporting. Moreover, Sage Intacct aids in automating complex billing processes, while providing us with comprehensive financial visibility that facilitates smart real-time decision-making.

Pros

I find Sage Intacct to be an excellent tool due to its flexibility, impressive dashboarding capabilities, and seamless integration with our existing software. It empowers us to automate tedious financial tasks such as billing and order management, thereby freeing up valuable time for more important activities.

Cons

Obtaining official support for any problems encountered while using Sage Intacct is a time-consuming and arduous process. The procedure for submitting a support ticket is unnecessarily complicated, which adds to the frustration of seeking assistance.

Audrey
Audrey

• Customer Support Software

Great software for all kinds of financial statement reports

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

This system facilitates the entry of invoices and the administration of team expenditures. We required an agency-wide application because of the variety of our activities. Our team has found Sage to be straightforward to learn and use, particularly for invoice entry and approval procedures.

Pros

Sage Intacct's collaborative features are a big plus for me. The primary navigational ribbon located at the system's top makes clicking through to explore further a breeze. Receipt of revenue can be easily recorded, as can the complicated intercompany receivables that go along with them.

Cons

The difficulty certain managers and approvers have in searching for specific data is currently my main complaint, but I'm confident that this can be fixed with some fine-tuning.

Emilee

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

I think that Sage Intacct is a decent accounting software to use for daily accounting activity. However, there is more affordable accounting software available.

Pros

While working in the cannabis industry, this was one of the only accounting software companies who were willing to work with us to set up an accurate and efficient accounting system.

Cons

We had issues correcting errors after the initial setup. For example, a coworker misspelled the class code "cannabis" and the implementation team told us it would take several thousand dollars to fix.

Rosaria

Handling Accounting Like a Pro With Sage Intacct

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Pros

I like Sage Intacct is super affordable and handles accounting seamless
It is smooth and handles accounts payable really well.

Cons

No issues as Sage Intacct has handled well.

Trey
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Great Choice for Small to Medium Business

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

Pros

I was very pleased with the options available to integrate with other software. Being able to integrate with our CRM was very important to our day to day operations.

Cons

I felt like the cost was too high per year, but it was inline with other similar products.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

Our previous system was not cloud based so we needed something more flexible.

S2K Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

I wanted to have the flexibility of choosing a CRM that worked best for my company. I didn't feel like NetSuite gave me that option.
Rebecca

Sage Intacct Can Change Your Life

Reviewed on 07/12/2023

Overall I love the Sage Intacct product. If I know of anyone looking for new software, I tell them that this is the product to get and have. I'm constantly looking at the additional modules that are being added on and built upon to see how we can utilize it for our businesses. Our organization is comprised of roughly 30 different entities, most of which have similar ownership, but they're in very different industries, and Sage helps us keep it all together on one platform and gives us everything we need in order to handle all that we do.

Pros

They're constantly investing in making their product better based on what their users are telling them that they need or want to see. There seems to be no limit on what they will do to make sure that everyone that uses their product is satisfied.

Cons

We had a period of time when things were just out of control in our finance offices, and reviewing the release notes wasn't even a blip on anyone's mind as a priority. Turns out that while we were losing our minds, features were rolled out that might have helped us that we missed because we didn't review the release notes, and they were features that needed added to a role to even see them or know they existed if you didn't review the release notes. More than likely an "us" problem more so than a Sage problem, but if we had known that was possible, it might have changed our "priority" thinking.

Brandy
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy to use for End User

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

Overall Positive and I am happy that we moved forward with this system. After implementing for the 5th time I continue to come back to this system for companies that need flexibility in their accounting system.

Pros

The System is great for the user, easy to use and learn, Easy to customize to meet specific customer needs while not breaking every time an upgrade is done. Constant improvement based on customer feedback.

Cons

Support is lacking and needs a lot of attention. The support teams are not as helpful and easy to work with as they were in the post pre Sage acquisition.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

Failed implementation of a larger ERP system that did not have the flexibility to meet the companies needed and ever changing priorities.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Flexibility and overall easy of use for the end user.
Laura

Sage after 1 year

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Overall , we are very happy with Sage. I would highly recommend it for Non Profits

Pros

Ease of use, Reduces our month end close time by several days.

Cons

Custom report writer is too difficult. Finding needed data requires support

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

MIP was outdated, support was always a work around. Interface was dated

MIP Fund Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Cost, ease of use, The many available partner integrations
Fiona
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Endless reports

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

I have always been a fan of Sage and continue to be.

I have always been a fan of Sage and continue to be.

Pros

Reporting, Dashboards and statistical data.
You can make a report on almost anything - setting them up however can be complex.
I love being able to monitor non financial data in the statistical entries.

Cons

The Fixed Asset module is far too complex and does not manage the reducing balance method in Britain currently. This was tested various times with ourselves and the implementation team.

Kelly
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 28/01/2024

We aren't thrilled with Intacct, but it gets the job done. Too expensive.

We aren't thrilled with Intacct, but it gets the job done. Too expensive.

Pros

It's fairly easy to navigate and train on

Cons

The price is too high. There are too many steps to do simple tasks. Reporting is not as easy as it could be.

Sami
  • Industry: Media Production

Sage Intacct for Non-Profit

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

Overall we love the software. It's helped us advance our accounting operations in many different areas and move away from a majority of our paper processing. The product help and customer service has been good. However, we had a difficult renewal negotiation, and after we did sign the renewal, we did not hear from our account rep for almost a year until I reached out multiple times to be reassigned. The difficult renewal and lack of account rep support has soured me on the relationship some, but I like the product itself.

Pros

I like having multiple dimensions to tag transactions with. This has helped us budget and forecast at a very detailed level, which has helped us understand what our variances are and get rid of extraneous expenses. We also love that it is a cloud system, which helps us be mobile and flexible with when we use it.

Cons

We were not impressed with the prepaid module as it did not work well with our processes. We decided to discontinue using it and go back to tracking in Excel.The reporting is definitely a step up from Excel, but it can be inflexible sometimes and not the best for complex reporting.

Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

The software we had been using was very outdated and we needed a modern solution for our business.

MIP Fund Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

We liked Intacct's look the best. The reporting looked like it would suite us best.
Carly

Great for multiple entities

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

This was a huge time saver.

This was a huge time saver.

Pros

This was great for managing the books of 18 separate entities. The ability to easily switch between companies and also create inter-company transactions (owed to/from, for example) was a HUGE time saver.

Cons

The way our company used/paid and allocated credit card charges we were not able to use the credit card part of the software.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

QuickBooks was not able to efficiently handle our growing companies any longer

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct checked off all the boxes of needs and wants that we created
Coburn Place Safe Haven

• Customer Support Software

Still beginners but growing into Sage

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

Pros

It will accommodate our organization for many years to come. We are able to automate processes and we are learning how to use features in Sage at a deeper level.

Cons

Our implementation was rough, but we have spoken to many who had lovely integrations and deployments! Speak up if you feel like your implementation team is just going through the motions.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Future Proofing and ease of grants managment.
Jessica
Jessica

• Customer Support Software

Sage simplifies monthly transaction reporting for all users

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Everything is managed centrally, and we can keep tabs on all of the accounting-related tasks at once. Our company reaped numerous advantages, chief among them the simplification of a great deal of administrative tasks. Here, we won't be able to make a polished dashboard aggregating data from multiple sources within Sage Intacct, but will instead have to do so in a separate program.

Pros

Sage Intacct is used for all of our accounting needs, both internally and for our clients. We also utilize it for time entry-related activities, such as recording payroll and other employee compensation, and for other purposes.

Cons

Ticket support has to be improved; now, users of Sage often receive little assistance when submitting support requests.

Sara
Sara
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Intacct is powerful and flexible, with many useful features

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

There is now less clutter in our information thanks to this. During my last project, we migrated our paper files over here. Simple, straightforward dashboards have been developed using it. Now we can spend less time auditing and more time making better decisions. The ability to use wildcards in my bill search was fantastic, just as in Excel.

Pros

Intacct is feature-rich and powerful, and it can handle a wide range of tasks. The contracts module also provides powerful management of billing cycles. Product characteristics and capabilities are the primary advantages of utilizing Sage Intacct.

Cons

Unfortunately, it is often difficult to get answers from support when problems arise. Numerous bugs plagued the infrastructure.

Derick
  • Industry: Hospitality

Sage review for SMB

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Sage is our system of record for AR, AP, GL and financial reporting.

Sage is our system of record for AR, AP, GL and financial reporting.

Pros

Great for accounting setup and administration to ensure that steps are efficient for multiple entities.

Cons

Customizing P&L reports is a bit tricky. Statistical accounts are hard to implement.

Ethan

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Overall experience has been great. We switched from Quickbooks and will not be going back.

Pros

Sage Intacct has made many of our business processes seamless.

Cons

I have not had very many issues but I do think there could be steps taken to make Intacct more user-friendly. It is already better than other software we have used.

Penny
  • Industry: Food Production

• Customer Support Software

Useful - but difficult to use

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Very frustrating software to try to learn. Have used it previously while working for a construction company - everyone there hated it. But said it was the best for inventory control and customer allocations. So they felt they had to use it. Wasn't eager to roll it out here in my new company - and sure enough, it is a beast to try to implement and teach to others.

Pros

Should be capable of providing all the documentation needed

Cons

Horrible to try to integrate with any other software. Thousands of dollars of setup fees

Joseph
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Pros

I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Cons

The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

Response from Sage

Hello Joseph,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!
Sincerely,
Andrew Sevillia
Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing

Michael
Michael

Comprehensive and User Friendly

Reviewed on 17/02/2024

Overall, Sage Intacct is a great product which can potentially save your organization a lot of time, allowing you to focus more on analyzing the data and making better decisions. This is because it automates and simplifies several reporting and accounting tasks for you. It is also very easy to train people to use, and user friendly. Would definitely recommend to others.

Pros

It's so easy to use. It is logical, user-friendly, and it does practically everything. It is definitely one of the top 3 operations/accounting/finance data management tools I have ever experienced (and I have experienced several in my career). The reports are set up for you, right out of the box, with little change needed. The reports are dynamic as well, allowing the user to decide what level of data to retrieve. Ad hoc reporting is also intuitive and easy with the interactive report builder.

Cons

Although it comes out of the box with good structure, sometimes structures can be very challenging to set up (data-flow from/to accounts, roll ups to parent accounts, etc.). But, every database/reporting software has its little caveats.

Patricia
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

January 2024

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Pros

Sage Intacct platform is very dependable. There have only been system access issues a couple times and they are resolved quickly.
Multicurrency capabilities has allowed us to expand our operations with no major reconfiguration

Cons

At times, the system does not handle some complicated transactions exactly how we would like

David

• Customer Support Software

Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software.

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Pros

Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

Cons

Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

Mohammed

• Customer Support Software

The best cloud accounting partner to manage the financials of the organization

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

Sage Intacct helped us organize everything related to our financial transactions from invoices and other documents, and helped us schedule payments on the payment system, and we benefited a lot from the accounting and tax reports that we were able to prepare through it.

Pros

It is possible for a user to connect to all of his bank accounts, both to make payments and to transfer money, and to follow up on the transactions precisely and professionally because of the Internet. Freelancers and large organizations alike can benefit from it. A financial database that makes it simple to scan receipts and invoices and enter the data into the system, all while allowing you to readily download the information. Due to the inclusion of all financial transactions that occurred during the reporting period, Sage Intacct's reports are some of my favorite to work from.

Cons

If the merchant deals in multiple currencies, Sage Intacct does its job well, but you will need to create many pages .

Louis
  • Industry: Government Administration

• Customer Support Software

My organization has been using since October 2016 for AP, AR, Purchasing, and fund management.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

By being able to automate our financial activity we have increased the amount of information available to key decision makers for more informed decisions. The amount of time it takes for us to process purchasing transactions has decreased by a dramatic amount of time .

Pros

We transitioned from a manual recordkeeping system to this electronic accounting system. This means all of our transactions are available to be reviewed at any time from anywhere. Reports are available instantaneously reflecting the latest transactions. Transactional history to review activity from creation to being posted to the GL is tremendous and helpful. The software offers many more versions of reports than was available with our prior legacy system.

Cons

One of the most difficult items with this system is that user restrictions prevent Custom Reports from being accessible to 75% of our users. The report writing tools would benefit from an overhaul to allow merging of multiple data tables and more customization of the report appearance. Also there are so many aspects affected by creating a GL Account that there is a steep learning curve in understanding where to efficiently generate new records.

Marlene
Marlene

Sage is Essential to our Company

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Pros

Sage allows our company to know "real time" where we are financially. This allows each of our departments to track their spending against their budget and know if they have the ability to spend or hold back. Our [sensitive content hidden] can view a variety of reports that were easy to create, to give him an overall perspective of the company.

Cons

The price is steep, but the detail we get and the ease of use has made this the best product we have found.