Smartsheet

4.5 (3,234)
Write a Review!
An online work execution platform for any size organization.

(3,234)
4.4/5
Customer Support Software

Megan
Megan
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Critical in daily management

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

I absolutely love the software and the company. The system meets our needs and is flexible when we need to make adjustments. While the cost is fairly high to start up, annually it is worth the cost, as it streamlines our processes and allows us to be more efficient.

Pros

This is the tool we use every day, every hour, to track all of our enrollments and clients. Our team monitors enrollments and other CRM tools don't give us the flexibility to track multiple events and data points. It's Excel but on steroids with multiple functions and features. We're using it more and more every day for reporting up to our management team on progress for our client events.

Cons

I'm not so good at the formulaic side of things and making sheets talk to each other, or building a dashboard, is not an intuitive process. There are not step by step instructions or visuals which is something I need personally. It's a lot of trial and error in getting things set up. When I first started, it was very expensive to work with someone who helped build the infrastructure base and looking back there are many things I'd have done differently if I'd understood it a little better. A lot of the consultation time was wasted in trying to get the person to understand what we were trying to achieve.

Grace
Grace
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Smartsheet is a fantastic resource for teamwork

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Using Smartsheet, our team is able to centralize our paperwork, more accurately claim and monitor our work, improve our ability to interact with one another, and gain deeper insight into any lingering tasks.

Pros

The best part about using Smartsheets is that you can keep all of your information in one place, including notes, files, and contacts. The system is intuitive because it is laid out similarly to common spreadsheets but with additional features.

Cons

It's not simple to put in place. Only one person, in close collaboration with a SmartSheet expert, is responsible for initial setup and ongoing maintenance. It wouldn't be as useful to us without the assistance of a SmartSheet wizard available only to our internal staff.

Alex

Smartsheet in Construction Project Management

Reviewed on 01/05/2024

Pros

It has been effective and straightforward to plan, manage and track projects with Smartsheet.

Cons

Managing programs in my industry has never been hectic ever since I started using Smartsheet.

Steven
  • Industry: Design

Average user using time and expense tracking

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Pros

Seems to have a lot of functionality. Ability to track a team's time is useful.

Cons

Some things are not as easy to use as I would like.
Also, I have accidentally committed forms unintentionally.

Joe

• Customer Support Software

Microsoft Project killer - tried and tested in large scale tech change projects

Reviewed on 25/01/2024

Pros

- incredibly intutive, no learning curve
- excellent price
- full featured (all the critical features of MS Project)

Cons

- project tracking roll up is convoluted

Victor
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Iconic & Tremendous Tool for PM & TM

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

Pros

Smartsheet has enabled me to automate over 90% of task and project management procedures.

Cons

Ever since I joined my current organization as an Intern, Smartsheet has never failed me.

Samita

Construction Project Management at Par with Smartsheet

Reviewed on 16/04/2024

Pros

How it automates construction project management procedures is what I like most since I save a lot of time.

Cons

It was quite daunting to use some features during the initial setup.

Ronald

Smart Cloud PM,TM, and E-marketing Campaign Automation

Reviewed on 11/05/2024

Pros

Dashboard workflow visualization.
Online products and services branding and promotions as well as marketing.
Online proofing, task and team scheduling.
Real-time time and expense simplification and tracking.

Cons

None to regret,it has it all . I highly recommend it to prospects.

Humashankar

Smartsheet Delivers

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Highly recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade their project management game

Highly recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade their project management game

Pros

Smartsheet has changed the way our team work together and manages projects.
Its insightful interface and seamless integration with other tools have streamlined our workflow, making it easier to track progress and meet deadlines. The automated reporting and notification features have saved us countless hours and reduced errors. Plus, the mobile app allows us to stay connected and productive on-the-go – So it delivers things for us!!

Cons

Not a great finder of the dark side of the tool.

Alyssa
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

It's alright for my user role

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

I don't use Smartsheet very often - it's mostly a way for our client to communicate different details of a project with us as an agency to assist them in building out sites, etc.

Pros

It's a good place to organize and share workflow. It's a good way to have a shared area to conveniently update info in real time without needing to send emails every time.

Cons

On my end it's not a super necessary tool, but our client uses it as a way to organize their workflow.

Jordan
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Versatile Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

We use Smartsheet in lots of ways -- from spinning up dashboards to show our operations teams how they're doing on any given day to managing data transfers from sales to operations to crafting project plans for implementations to tracking survey responses when projects are completed. It's an incredibly versatile tool that, with a little creativity, can produce amazing results.

Pros

I love how accessible and customizable the product is. We're able to make it do so much to integrate various departments and help work flow across the organization.

Cons

Some of the features aren't carried from sheet to sheet when you save as a Template or save a project as "new", and having to reconfigure alert rules can be time consuming.

Nick
  • Industry: Consumer Services

• Customer Support Software

Quick Spreadsheets that allow for collaboration

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

I solve the problem of tracking how my employees profit on many small profit/small margin projects. This allows me to see who is struggling the most and who is not. My team specifically focuses on education, hospitals, and non-profits. So maintaining margins to not lose any money is important. I wrote up a story about it here:

I've pulled off absolutely amazing things. I'm willing to go into detail and share more of what we were able to accomplish. Many of Smartsheet's examples do not solve business problems, but they do help us learn how to solve our own!

Pros

I absolutely love how quick and easy it is to use Smartsheet. The formulas have great documentation and it helps tremendously when trying to learn and accomplish new tasks. You can pull off amazing things if you sit down and build it. I was able to build a completely automated revenue and labor estimator that shows me how profitable each member of my team is.

Many of the applications we built, the community was clueless how to build it. We were able to accomplish some very unique dashboards & spreadsheets that make our lives easier. I can now make business decisions on a whim, without having to spend hours of research about the effect of one decision on our numbers.

Cons

I dislike how many features such as the dynamic view or the workspace deployment feature is locked behind an expensive addon. And when inquiring about customer service we were told it "isn't" a fit for us. But yet, Smartsheet cannot give us a demo to experiment or test them out?

Smartsheet is nickle and diming things a lot. Smartsheet is >not< small business friendly. It is really a shame because these tools are absolutely 100% amazing.

It also surprises me how little the community interactions are. There are many great suggestions for features that are standard in Excel and Google Sheets, that Smartsheet blandly ignored for years, and sometimes says "coming soon" and years later we still don't have it.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

We also used AirTable, Google Sheets, and Excel. We made the switch because the sales team convinced our CEO it was a good move.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Our CEO made the choice, and it felt like smartsheet was going places.
Renee

Smartsheet for the win

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

The initial setup of some of my Smartsheets was cumbersome and time consuming. HOWEVER, it was well worth it. Now that I know how to navigate around, it does not take as long to get a Smartsheet up and running. I enjoy setting up new Smartsheet projects and teaching others how to use or navigate around the project. I literally learn something new everyday.

Pros

Because I use this software on a daily basis, I need to be able to navigate around fairly quickly. For the most part, I am able to do this. When I do have a question or can't figure out how to do something, the search function either in the Solution Center or a search in Google often produce great results. And if if doesn't, customer service is superb and I am able to get pretty close to an immediate response or help.

I do like how I can create a Dashboard that can house any type of information from links to other Smartsheets, forms, other websites, the list is endless. It helps bring projects and/or information together in one area that is easy to navigate through.

Cons

Although I know this isn't excel, I do wish it had more functionality like excel. With that said, the more I use this program, the more I do love it and am able to maneuver my way around easier.

Derek

Smartsheet: The only reason I have time for vacation

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

We have solved a plethora of project schedule tracking needs, paired with a system to house our files and notes with a meaningful and useful structure. I use Smartsheet for a 1000 different reasons, and hope that new tools and features keep getting added to my toolbox.

Pros

My favorite tool in Smartsheet would have to be a combination use of automated reminders, overdue milestone reports, assigning staff to tasks, and running detailed reports to check on my team's current progress. Paired with cross sheet cell linking, index/match where needed, and Datamesh when running large scale reporting when conditional formatting may be needed is a bundle of brilliance. Simply a great batch of tools for the job.

Cons

No file renaming option. Limited sheet summary report functionality. Limited batch update tools to revise and align current project sheets. Lack of permission settings without additional purchased feature packages.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

After reviewing the functionality of Smartsheet and the tools it had to offer, we quickly realized that we were missing out on this toolset and Smartsheet could automate the repetitive tasks that our humans were completing. Now we have freed up the extra time needed to allow our current staff to problem solve, rather than spending the day stuck in repetitional tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

MS Project simply does not have all of the tools needed for success. Smartsheet captures all of the vital points that MSP has to offer and pairs it with real time linking and much more.
Paul
  • Industry: Telecommunications

• Customer Support Software

Take the Giant Step Up from Excel!

Reviewed on 14/10/2021

It significantly improved and increased our efficiency and effectiveness in order and project management. This is our second year of our subscripition and we don't see any reason to change to anything else for what we have to do.

Pros

Many are using MS Excel to track projects and orders... If this is your world, then you have to try out Smartsheet! Excel like User Interface that does a whole lot more. Schedule reminders, automate tasks, work flow, and the list goes on... and yet, the with the straightforward simplicity of a familiar EXCEL like environment. Other Project Management tools are great, but for those of us that like the EXCEL look and feel, you will find Smartsheet super easy to adopt and you will love the awesome features it provides. Smartsheet also regularly sends out tips on how to improve your processes and ideas on how to use it in many other ways.

Cons

When compared to some of the other solutions like Trello, BaseCamp or Asana, Smartsheet may not be as 'flexible' since it adheres to an Excel like user interface. Maybe this is because of my lack of knowledge in all aspects of Smartsheet's features? Overall, there's not much I don't like about Smartsheet for the way me and my team has to use it.

Trello, Basecamp, and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Most of our team members were using Excel and the familar user interface ensured a high adoption rate versus the other PM tools.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

We love the user interface that is similar to Excel and knew more of our team members would embrace Smartsheet because of this.
Swati

• Customer Support Software

Smartsheet Your Next Level Spreadsheet!

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

I will consider myself as one of the satisfied user of Smartsheet.I have used this software for small as well as huge projects and it came handy in both. But I would recommended that you can have another software if you are going for small projects and the budget is not so high because this platform is quite expensive and complicated in comparison to other Spreadsheet software available in the market.But if you are dealing with a bulky projects and team members are more than three then definitely use this software as your work will becomes very easy ,it will also help you to save a good amount of time and effort.

Pros

Smart sheet is so far one of the best spreadsheet software that I have came across for project management. The best thing about Smartsheet is it's data View structure and ease of use. It's easy to create tasks in your project ;you can definitely edit, delete or update your main Tasks and subtasks without any inconvenience and to track the whole status of the project you can just have a view of the dashboard . You can also combine any number of spreadsheet so, that when you share your work with your team decisions making for that project becomes easy. Adding Automations to any sheet in Smartsheet is very easy and definitely time saving, there are some common suggestions in the automation menu but you can definitely create your own workflow with ease.

Cons

With Smartsheet my overall experience was really good I was able to deliver my projects on time and maintained to have a good growth but everything is not so great about it and the first thing is the cost that I had to bear for using some of the important tools present within Smartsheet Like if you are working on multiple projects it's expensive.As well as there are numerous tools which are quite complicated to learn so, for a beginner it's quite time taking.

Saskia
Saskia
  • Industry: Restaurants

• Customer Support Software

Must-have software for project managers

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

Smartsheet has been an invaluable tool for overcoming obstacles for a long period of time. The relationship has helped us most in terms of project management and our capacity to work with people from all over the world. Our teams can now work on projects in real time without having to rely on inefficient methods like ping-ponging between different platforms or sending and receiving emails where information can easily be lost in translation. From a management standpoint, we leverage the App and dashboard features that allow us to set up a row-level security structure and regulate the flow of information cascading to different types of end users.

Pros

I enjoy how smart sheet's shortcuts and key commands make it quick and simple to fill in the project's specifics. That many people may access the same document at once and make changes while receiving real-time notifications is a great feature of this program. I appreciate the ability to notify investors of upcoming milestones with a timeframe. Conditional formatting and color-coding for people and their statuses is a nice touch.

Cons

When using a gantt chart, it might be challenging to view all of the accompanying columns at the same time. Though I haven't looked at alternatives just yet, I appreciate being able to view both the gantt chart and the finer points of the project simultaneously. Navigation in a Gannt Chart is elementary, or at least it is for me.

Omar
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Smartsheets for everyday management

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

To me, the best combination of the ease of use and familiarity of a spreadsheet with the complexity of a project management tool. Very satisfied

Pros

The tool is more than a project management tool. I use it to manage my department's budget, collaborate with internal and external team members. I like that I can access it from anywhere I am

Cons

Could use some of the more advanced functionality like automatically keeping track of KPIs such as Earned Value, schedule variance, etc. I would like it if I could "play" with effort vs duration without affecting the main baseline until I am ready and obviously, I would like to keep history of baseline changes

Clarity Software, monday.com, and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Looking for something affordable, cloud-based that would allow us to collaborate and manage projects in one single repository

Microsoft Project and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

The right balance of cost, ease of use, and functionality
Steve
Steve

• Customer Support Software

Enterprise features and pricing mean you can probably find a startup alternative

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

I hated it a few years back when I first started using it. The thing that won me over and made me a power user was the interface refresh about a year ago. I then took the Smartsheet training to be certified and that opened my eyes to the power of the tool (and also to the fact that the sheets I hated were users in our company using it very, very WRONG). Anyway, while we do love it, there are a few antiquated things like concurrent editing that are truly broken (Google sheets can do this just fine!) and the recent price increase for our contract means that we are probably moving to another tool.

Pros

--You can easily switch between different views of the same data, e.g. grid vs. Kanban
--Dashboards and reporting are both powerful
--Growing number of integrations
--Commenting per-row is excellent
--Can be used as a simple spreadsheet
--Security/permissions are robust and intuitive
--Excellent training and certs available
--Forms feature is pretty complete for basic stuff
--Very extensive formula capabilities, almost like Excel
--The "business" pricing tier would actually be quite adequate for my group's needs, vs. the enterprise plan
--Nesting/hierarchy of rows can be useful

Cons

--No in-cell formatting
--Awkward multi-user editing, no auto-save, other users keep resetting views
--Reporting is difficult, meaning that you have to create separate complex reports instead of just saved views
--Not a true database or app builder
--Notifications system is wonky, delayed, and hard for new users to tame
--Very easy to abuse and misuse, even worse than Excel because you can add in the nesting/hierarchy (we have one user in particular that makes the most gawdawful sheets you've ever seen, partly because of the inherent Smartsheet interface)
--Attachments are pretty rough, not easily visible or visual, and no desktop app integrations (e.g. save a file from Word to SmartSheet)
--No concept of a "document" or app, only the spreadsheet motif; can't do notes or instructions very easily, for example, so people overload rows for this and that makes reporting even harder when you have to manually select rows
--Forms feature not embeddable or graphically complete with formatting to make it look nice
--Not clear how you combine formulas and forms without overwriting formulas at the bottom--I haven't figured this out yet even after years of using it
--Enterprise pricing is now forcing us to consider alternatives, including lower tiers of Smartsheet

Rob

We use Smartsheet for Project Management

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

As I mentioned, we use Smartsheet extensively for project planning and project management. But we also use it to run a help desk for our Electronic Health Record System. Here the forms feature comes in really handy. Users fill out a form to add tasks to the help desk. We also use it to manage our individual tasks and queues. And our development department is building sheets to track donations and plan promotions.

We often export the data and use it to build Tableau reports.

Pros

Projects are easy to set up with the built in functionality. There are lots of built in templates that you can use. But we have found it most helpful to build our own templates. We really appreciate being able to add dependencies, working and non working days, and duration. Then the start and end dates fill in automatically. We have found that the learning curve is not nearly as steep for Smartsheet as it was for Microsoft Project.

Another really helpful feature is being able to use formulas in the Project Plan. Our team schedules our work using a points system. I was able to create formulas that take the number of points for that task and who is assigned to that task to create a point breakdown for each person or team assigned. We then use the linking feature to link the total points for the project, the points accomplished, and the status of the project to a master "Queue" sheet.

Smartsheet has special formula values available for children and ancestors of a task. So, we use a simple =Sum(Children()) formula to add up the points. Actually, the formulas end up being more complicated because we can test whether the row has children or not and do different things depending on the test. For instance, when summing the work completed if the task has no children, then the product of the percent complete and points gives us the number of points completed. If the row is a parent, then the formula sums the children.

Cons

For project planning the resources feature is not as helpful as it could be. The main reason is that if a staff is assigned to a row during a particular time, the resource function assumes that they are 100% allocated for that time. So, if you have three tasks that overlap, the resource allocations shows 300%. We have mitigated that by routinely filling in 30% allocation for each resource. This helps to take into account the fact that a task although it lasts a full week won't take up all the staff's time. One idea I have had recently--but haven't tried yet--is to make a formula that takes the number of points for the task and assigns an appropriate allocation number based on points per week.

The other feature that we haven't found useful is the "Critical Path." How the software determines what is on the critical path is a mystery. I'm not sure why it chooses some tasks that have dependencies filled in, but not others that seem to be just as important.

Kat
Kat

• Customer Support Software

Fantastic tool that is growing quickly!

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

I'm a huge fan of Smartsheet. I would highly recommend their annual conference - ENGAGE. It's a great mix of presentations of use cases, tutorials, hands on workshops, networking, and a glimpse into their roadmap.

With Smartsheet, we've saved time on existing processes and been able to build out new processes we weren't able to streamline/automate before Smartsheet. It also is so helpful with managing data integrity and auditing when/how things are edited. We also use it quite a bit to collaborate externally - that alone has made Smartsheet worth it.

Pros

There's a lot to like about Smartsheet. You can get simple business processes converted quickly. The automation 'designer' is so easy to use and it's quite intuitive. Permissions are easy to manage without feeling overwhelming. Their training center is one of the best I've seen. Our Account Team is also phenomenal. I can't say enough about them. They never make me feel like they don't have time to talk use cases, strategies, or even one off questions. They roll out new functionality often enough to add value but not so often that you can't keep up. Smartsheet also really values their customer's feedback - highly recommend their EAP.

Cons

Smartsheet is great in so many ways but there are some functionality missing that would make a massive difference in the amount of processes I could move to Smartsheet - cascading dropdowns, setting a field's value with automation, setting a form field's value based on another field or formula, editing an existing item via a form (not an update request), extract time stamping from cell history to be able to report on it. I would also like to see more consistency in the functionality across different apps within the platform. Overall, I'm able to find workarounds to most of the functionality wish list and with their ability to turn out new features often throughout the year, I don't consider these as deal breakers.

My other pain point (though it's also helpful in some ways, especially for small businesses) is how tiered the features are - meaning that you do have to purchase premium apps/add ons to leverage the full power of Smartsheet. That gives a lot of flexibility in how you want to scale but is also a bit of a pain as an end user, making the case for purchasing the add ons that will help my processes even more.

Maarten
Maarten

• Customer Support Software

A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

Pros

SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

Cons

The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)

Angel

• Customer Support Software

We ensure the preparation of workflow charts accurately with high flexibility in follow-up.

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Smartsheet has simplified the concept of project management for our team members, and everyone is interacting with the work programs that Smartsheet can collaborate on. We have benefited greatly from the automation that keeps all histories constantly updated. With Smartsheet, workflow was accurately prepared and tracked, and we were able to quickly discover troubled tasks and find solutions to them.

Pros

I like in Smartsheet the ease that it gives us when setting work schedules, and also the automatic update of the start and end dates of activities, and it is equipped with several views, enabling you to get a distinct view of the work programs. Through the project dashboard, Smartsheet enables you to know all the information you need and also enables each member of the team to know the tasks to be followed up and when they will be closed. Smartsheet provides many collaborative features that enable all team members to share updates, and also send notifications to team members that show what tasks have been modified and who is responsible for them. One of the features of Smartsheet is also to prepare forms and send them easily to a specific team member or from outside the team, requesting specific data and information, and the ease of receiving a response to them and including them within the project updates. I value the means of communication that keeps all team members in constant contact, saves them a lot of time, and ensures that all tasks are kept under constant supervision. With Smartsheet, we ensure that all project events are archived, in addition to the attachments that were included by team members during updates, and it is also distinguished that we can return to them at any time to make sure of any information we need.

Cons

Smartsheet is a very intuitive tool and all the tools are clear and easy to use, and I didn't find any dislikes with it. As for the mobile application, it needs more improvements to be able to perform more functions with it.

Daryl Edwine
Daryl Edwine
  • Industry: Facilities Services

• Customer Support Software

Smartsheet: a flexible and collaborative project management platform for businesses.

Reviewed on 22/03/2023

Pros

Flexibility: Smartsheet offers the flexibility to create customised spreadsheets, Gantt charts, dashboards and forms to meet specific needs. We can customise the platform to fit their unique workflow.Collaboration: Smartsheet enables real-time collaboration, with tools to share spreadsheets, files and tasks with team members, and to collaborate on projects simultaneously.Automation: Smartsheet enables task and workflow automation, using rules and alerts to send notifications and trigger actions based on certain conditions.Integrations: Smartsheet integrates easily with other project management, CRM, cloud storage and other applications to enable a seamless user experience and collaboration.Analytics: Smartsheet provides analytics and reporting capabilities to track and evaluate project performance, which can help users identify issues and make informed decisions.Overall, Smartsheet is a valuable project management platform for teams looking to improve their project collaboration, planning and execution, with great flexibility, automation and analysis tools, and ease of use.

Cons

Learning curve: Smartsheet is a complex tool that may take some time to get used to its features and interface. we may need training or assistance to fully use the platform.Limited customisation: Although Smartsheet offers many customisation options, some features may be difficult to customise to meet specific needs. we may also need advanced technical skills to make advanced customisations.Feature dependency: Smartsheet is a very feature-dependent platform that requires regular updates to stay current. We run into problems if we don't have the latest version of the application or if certain plug-ins or extensions are not compatible.Limitations of the free version: The free version of Smartsheet may be limited in terms of storage, project sharing and advanced features. We may need to upgrade to a paid version to access more advanced features.In summary, although Smartsheet is a very useful project management platform for teams, we encounter drawbacks such as high costs, a learning curve, limitations on customisation or dependencies on features and regular updates.

Yevstakhii

My expirience of use Smartsheet

Reviewed on 21/05/2023

Smartsheet is a widely used collaborative work management platform that offers a range of features to help teams plan, track, and manage projects effectively. Here are some aspects of Smartsheet that I have highlighted as positive experiences:Powerful project management capabilities: Smartsheet provides users with a comprehensive set of project management tools. I can create and assign tasks, set due dates, establish dependencies, and track progress. The platform offers flexible views, such as Gantt charts and Kanban boards, allowing me to visualize and manage their projects in a way that suits my preferences.Seamless collaboration and communication: Smartsheet enables teams to collaborate efficiently and communicate effectively. I can share sheets with team members, allowing real-time collaboration on tasks and projects. The platform supports commenting, file attachments, and discussion threads, fostering collaboration and reducing the need for multiple communication tools.Customization and automation: Smartsheet offers customization options that allow users to tailor their workspaces and workflows to their specific needs. I can create custom templates, define automation rules, and set up workflows to streamline my processes. These features enable teams to automate repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and standardize their work.

Pros

1. Project and task management: Smartsheet provides robust project and task management capabilities. I can create and assign tasks, set due dates, track progress, and manage dependencies. The platform offers various views, such as Gantt charts and Kanban boards, to help visualize and manage projects effectively.2. Collaboration and communication: Smartsheet enables seamless collaboration among team members. I can share sheets, collaborate in real-time, and provide comments or feedback directly on tasks. The platform also supports file attachments and discussion threads, facilitating effective communication and reducing the need for multiple tools.3. Customizable workflows and automation: Smartsheet offers customizable workflows and automation features that allow users to streamline their processes. I can set up automated notifications, reminders, and approval workflows, saving time and ensuring tasks progress smoothly.

Cons

1. Limited customization options: While Smartsheet provides customization options, I have expressed a desire for more flexibility in tailoring the platform to my specific needs. For example, I have requested additional customization options for visual elements, user interface, and form designs.2. Formatting limitations: I have occasionally faced challenges with formatting and layout options in Smartsheet. For complex or detailed formatting requirements, I have found the platform's capabilities to be somewhat limited compared to dedicated spreadsheet software.3. Performance with large datasets: Smartsheet's performance may be affected when working with extensive datasets, particularly in terms of loading times and responsiveness. I work with sizable projects or large amounts of data and have occasional delays or sluggishness.