Capsule

Take care of your customers and sales opportunities

4.5 /5 (134 reviews) Write a Review!

Andre M.

EASY AS PIE

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

has been great to work with and easy to operate

Pros

Super easy to start using , the pipeline is the best way to keep track of sales process and visually easy to keep track of

Cons

I feel it needs to automatically remind me of thing, I use this to track inquiries and sometimes people fall through the cracks. if for some reason I forget to start an opportunity I won't see the customer on the sales pipeline, maybe its just the way im using this.

Response from Zestia

Hi Andre,

Thanks for writing a review and we're glad that you've found Capsule easy to get to grips with. Moving on to creating Opportunities - There's no in-built functionality in Capsule that will automatically create opportunities from new contacts I'm afraid. Our advice is generally to only add an opportunity once the lead has been nurtured or qualified as a viable sales opportunity - this is to prevent your Capsule account filling up with opportunities that never get off the ground. What you're looking to do can be achieved, but it requires the use of a 3rd party tool called Zapier. Are you familiar with Zapier at all? To explain Zapier is what we call an integration platform which connects different services that don't normally have their own integrations with each other and they support Capsule. Check them out here: https://zapier.com
You can create a zap that each time a new contact is added to Capsule it triggers an action of a new opportunity being created.

Dave S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Simple and Functional

Reviewed on 07/09/2020

My needs for tracking client opportunities are simple and this CRM does everything I need of it. I mainly use it for recording my meetings and coaching sessions with my clients. This functionality is easy to use and it is easy to search clients later to see what was last talked about.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to set up, very simple to use and I like it's integration with Xero.

Cons

Sending email from the system get stored in dropbox, not ideal if you don't use dropbox

Response from Zestia

Hi Dave,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you like the integration with Xero. In terms of the Drop Box I have good news as the Capsule Drop Box is not the same as the file storage service Dropbox.com. The Capsule Drop Box is effectively an email address that you use to BCC or forward your emails to which in turn stores them against the relevant contact in your Capsule account. This is what non-google users use for storing emails. You can learn more about storing emails using the Capsule Mail Drop Box here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/setup-and-configuration/storing-emails/#understanding-the-mail-drop-box.
If they are finding that emails aren't being stored on their contacts as expected, could you please email [email protected] and we can investigate further.

Joshua D.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 28/07/2015

Darren W.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016

Great and easy to use!

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

It has helped improve the efficiency of our sales pipeline, allowed us to visualise this pipeline and been great at contact management

Pros

We love capsule and how easy it is to use. We used salesforce on a clients account and found it very difficult to use and learn. Capsule pricing is very fair and it is great with g-suite integration.

Cons

Capsule does have limited functionalities. The free version is also very limited as it is only available for 250 contacts or less.

Glen K.
  • Industry: Investment Management Software

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

Sean M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Fantastic and affordable option

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Pros

This CRM features a few more bells and whistles than others, and you do pay for that but it's worth it. The Gmail integration and IOS app were what sold me. I exclusively use GMail for my business and it's nice to be able to interface between the two.

Cons

The free version limits you to 250 contacts, which is really not bad for a small time handyman like myself, but I imagine I'd had to sign up for the paid version sooner or later.

Anastasia P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great CRM tool for small business

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

It has a free trial version. I would suggest to start from that.

Pros

It is easy to install and to use. Very customisable and adaptable for specific busiess needs. It integrates with other data apps.

Cons

The main issue can be pricing. It gets more expensive with more users. It may be that free version meets all business needs, if the number of contacts is under 250.

Response from Zestia

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Anastasia - we're glad you find Capsule easy to set up and to use. - Chloe, Capsule

Wei lian H.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

• Customer Support Software

Capsule saves me a tonne of time in CRM

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Easy to segment client list

Pros

Tracks for tasks and projects ensure I'll never miss taking an important action for business

Cons

Small file size upload limit for the free plan

Response from Zestia

Hi Wei Lian, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear how the Tracks functionality is helping you to keep on top of projects and tasks!

Nathaniel L.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Great Secondary CRM

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Capsule was easy to set up, easy to learn and then train others on, and it’s very intuitive unlike other CRMs

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive easy to train how to use for new employees. Great powerful CRM tool. Has many robust features to make sure all my bases are covered.

Cons

Some features of high budget CRM systems are not present, like the ability to contact within the program.

Response from Zestia

Hi Nathaniel,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review - we're glad you're finding Capsule so easy to set up and use.

Richard C.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Invaluable

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

Contact management.

Pros

Setting and completing tasks is easy. The link to iCalander is good. Tags are great. The link to Xero is good .

Cons

Cannot print the contact name, address and notes on one report. No sync to Unleashed inventory software.

Kelly M.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Pros

We like the way that Capsule integrates with Freshbooks as well as with Gmail. This is very useful for our business.

Cons

We would like to be able to have a way to job cost within Capsule and integrate that into the Freshbooks program.

Ashish D.

user review

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

good for a startup to small size business.
not sure if it would stretch to bigger business due to limited functionality

Pros

easy to use
exportable data to finance package

Cons

limited usage
not multicurrency
not all data can be exported to accounts package from capsule

Jessica A.

Fantastic & Simple

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

We started using Capsule about a year ago and are very pleased with it! Over time we were able to really adjust the softwares capabilities to our business process which has helped to streamline our efficiency. Our employees enjoy how simple and straight forward it is too. The capsule customer service team is always very helpful, quick to answer questions and very friendly. We have also suggested some features we would like to see and they are very receptive of that. It seems as though they are constantly working towards improving!

Pros

Very simple! Easy to learn.

Cons

Changing some of the fields to be customized would be great! There is a way to add custom fields but it would be nice to edit some of the already existing ones to be able to use our 'lingo' instead.

Socrates M.

• Customer Support Software

Simple, straightforward, and powerful. Great for small teams

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

The clean user interface and calendar tools / follow-up task management features are great to get things organized and your business focused on driving sales.

Pros

It's intuitive so getting your team on it and started won't be difficult, even if they're not tech savvy. The layout is clean and straightforward too - helps keep the focus on selling (your initial contact with prospects and the required follow up). Priced fairly too.

Cons

If you have a big team, you can probably find other alternatives for what it will end up costing you. The general features are great but once you move into more of the advanced stuff, it can be a headache - those who aren't tech savvy will struggle.

The perfect CRM for start ups and fast growing SMBs

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Capsule is one of the cornerstones of our sales organisation.

Pros

Good value for money, quick setup, reasonably customizable, easy to use. Good integration with G-Mail and Mailchimp.

Cons

Bulk editing was a bit weak for a long time, but got massively improved this year (2018).
Integration through Zapier with our accounting software Bexio doesn't support our use cases.

• Customer Support Software

Simple and smart CRM solution for startups!

Reviewed on 27/04/2018

Pros

The interface is simple but modern and intuitive. The bundled mobile app is convenient on the go. Integration with Xero and Google suite is just perfect. It syncs with Google contacts, Gmail integration feels like it's built-in, no need to install and maintain pesky Chrome extensions! There's also Google tasks integration that we plan to explore. With Xero, we can sync customer information and manage it solely in Capsule. Invoices and overdue payments can also be seen in one place inside Capsule.

Cons

As a startup who explores and experiments with business processes a lot, changing requirements also needs fast solutions. Capsule integration with third-party apps is really good but not perfect. Capsule lets you use their app however you please and does not suggest best practices out of the box. This freedom can sometimes lead to a lot of research, analysis paralysis, and being stuck. We reached that point but customer support was so awesome that they went out of their way to walk us through the most viable solution available.

Nasr S.
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Easy to Use For SME's

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

I like it very much. Its user friendly and easy to setup. Customer service is first class. Just get some good canned reports set up and it will be great.

Pros

Its ease of use and setup. We were able to setup three users in very little time and get the results that we required. Importing data was easy and setting up custom fields and tags was no problem.

Cons

Reporting could use some depth. For example it would be useful to see customers contacted on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. A section with pre set but customisable reports would be nice

Response from Zestia

Thanks for taking the time to review us Nasr. It's great that you found Capsule so easy to get started with. With regards to the depth of reporting, my colleague Jade from the customer support team has been in touch to help you out with this.

Fritz F.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great CRM for B2B relations

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Fantastic. Enter customer data once migrates automatically to xero for invoicing and manages our mailing lists in mail chimp.

Pros

Its easy to use free of feature creep that so many CRM suffer from. We are a B2B business and Capsule does everything you want it to do. The support is fantastic and really needs 10 stars not 5. Its easy to configure has all the integrations with Xero and mail chimp we need and its fast.

Cons

Some of the fields require opening and saving as opposed to modern just enter fields.

• Customer Support Software

One of the best CRM solutions

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Pros

Many years ago before I used Capsule, I researched up and down different CRM solutions. Capsule was the most reasonable as far as pricing goes, and their interface and features is one of the best. It's a powerful CRM that allows a lot of customizations, which is what I need. I highly recommend Capsule! They're always listening to users and coming up with new features that make the CRM better and better through time.

Cons

Honestly, I don't really have much to complain about Capsule!

Rosi M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Capsule: Simple But Powerful

Reviewed on 19/03/2015

Pros

Capsule is flexible, easy to grasp, and fairly straightforward. But if you want to dig deeper and use all the features and strategies, you can absolutely get more out of it. It made the whole concept of a CRM come alive for me. It's also really affordable! Other CRMs are more powerful (and harder to learn) but there's no way our company could've afforded those.

Cons

I wish that they had a way to label an individual as being employed at more than one company, and recording past employers. A more detailed walkthrough of "cases" would be really useful, since that's what people ask me about the most (and don't seem to understand, for whatever reason). Also, it would be amazing if Capsule had tutorial videos on their YouTube channel, like a lot of other CRM companies do. Finally, user permissions would be nice (but not something that is a particularly sore spot--you get what you pay for).

Mark S.
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Needed convincing to use Capsule, but no a convert!

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Pros

Honestly, I was sceptical about using Capsule when it first came along. I couldn’t see how tracking tasks or cases could benefit my work. I saw it as another thing I had to do, day to day. I thought the main reason for getting it was to track the relationships, conversations and connections between partners. Since I’ve been using Capsule, I’ve found it really useful for those things. I can check who and what people have been talking to partners about and I can use it to track my own conversations with partners. It’s like creating a story of those relationships. I still don’t use the tasks or cases, but maybe that will come at some point

Cons

As above.
In addition, I would like a feature where you can search for a contact and then add them to a list without having to create a task or tag. That would be good.

Response from Zestia

Hi Mark,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review. We're glad that we've won you over and that you're finding Capsule useful. Also, thanks for your suggestion about searching and adding contacts to lists - I've added you as a +1 for this feature request.

Bill B.

• Customer Support Software

Quick to set up and start getting results

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it.

I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros

Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can create my own custom fields and color-coded tags.

There are a good number of integrations with other web apps, you just have to see if yours is on the list. I use it with Harvest for time recording and Xero accounting. They also offer a good API. It took me an evening to write a script to copy every action logged in Harvest into the customer notes in Capsule.

I have no use for the team collaborative aspects of Capsule so can't comment on them.

Cons

The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

David W.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Quick and useful to get ourselves organised but the limitations are starting to show

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

It's our 2nd management tool - the first one was overly complicated and this is quite simple
The Dropbox solution is a bit of a fudge but it works most of the time.
The tasks system and visual customisation leave a lot to be desired.

Pros

It's fast and simple, a young British company. which we wanted to support.
Its online and accessible on an app
It does a lot of what we originally needed

Cons

The tasks and the layout - lack of customisation - colours or icons - fields can be hard to identify at a glance.
Starts to get expensive with more users - if I could role out viewing to my whole team (no input) it would be handy - but i can't justify £300 a month
We no longer use the sales side - that didn't really work for our company - now just use the contacts, tasks, recording of data

Sheron S.
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Great Easy To Use Affordable CRM

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

I have been using Capsue since 2017 and to date I have had no issues with the software even it was updated.

Pros

Easy to use. Price. Date Stamp. Search by name, keyword or phone number. You can up load documents to a specific contact. You can separate contacts using tags. Notes easy to edit. Beginner friendly. Generous Free account. It has an app that syncs perfectly with the online account.

Cons

So far the online has everything I need. I have no complaints. The app could add search by phone number. It would help when a client calls I could search the phone number and address them by name if they are found in my CRM the same way I do when working from my lap top from home

Response from Zestia

Hi Sheron,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review about Capsule. We're glad to hear you're finding Capsule easy to use and love its features. You might be happy to hear that you can search phone numbers in the app. You can find out more about that here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#how-to-use-contacts-in-the-mobile-app. Also, if you have an iPhone we do have CallerID in the app. The Caller ID feature will display your Contact's name so you'll never need to guess who is on the other end of the incoming call - you can find out more information about Caller ID here https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#caller-id. I hope that help you out.