Capsule

Take care of your customers and sales opportunities

4.6/5

Reminder to contact
Management of team...

Really good Customer, Prospect and Lead management solution
Reminder to contact
Management of team tasks, and assignment to team members

Pros

Simple contact and account management, link task reminders to contacts and or opportunities.
Integration with GMail etc, Xero, MailChimp

Cons

Mobile app could be a litte more user friendly, it would be great to automatically add a follow-up task when you close one. But these are both really minor issues in the grand scheme!

jibby
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Why Capsule should do better

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Pros

The ease of use when our data was under 500

Cons

It did not seem as competitive as other providers

Response from Zestia

Hi Jibby

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - it really helps our team when we receive first-hand feedback. We're sorry to hear that you found Capsule not as competitive as other providers - we'd love to hear a bit more about this if you'd like to email us. You haven't given a lot of detail in the review and we'd love to address your concerns. Plus, if you're still using Capsule we can help give you a better idea how Capsule can fit your business. Feel free to email us at [email protected]

April
  • Industry: Hospitality

Lacked Calendar tool needed for us to be effective

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

It was an adequate tool but didn't fulfill enough of our needs for us to continue using the software.

Pros

I found the software easy to use and fairly intuitive for the everyday user. It managed leads adequately and allowed me to find my information easily.

Cons

We needed a tool that would allow us to easily track booked events on a calendar and see trends of inquiries for specific dates. Capsule lacked an effective calendar tool to help us manage leads by date which made it ineffectual for us.

Response from Zestia

Hi there April,

Chloe from Capsule here. We're glad you found Capsule easy to use and helped you manage leads well. We're sorry to hear that in this case Capsule didn't quite fit your needs - thanks for giving us a try!

Christian
  • Industry: Photography

Near perfect balance of capability and useability

Reviewed on 05/01/2023

It has been up and useable every day that I use it, which on most business days is everyday. I came from the corporate world where I was an executive sponsor of bringing in SalesForce to a large organization. I looked at Sales Force basics immediately starting my own business and it was way to cumbersome for a startup that at most will have 4-6 employees.

Pros

One of the best features is the capsule daily reminder email that comes to me every morning with whom I need to take next actions with. Of course, this requires me to be an active user of tasks, which i have always been, but it allows me to do that all in the CRM and not have followups in Outlook or Gmail . The other aspect is the seamless updating whether I do it on my iphone based app or desktop

Cons

I use Outlook 365 desktop and having the full HTML and attachment ability is better than the email integration of Capsule. Either Capsule should go right to my Outlook 365 when I start an email

Response from Zestia

Hi Christian,

Thanks for writing a review - it's great to hear how much you like Capsule and specifically the task reminder emails. If you would prefer to send emails from Outlook directly you might be best disconnecting your mailbox. Then, when you click on an email address we will open a compose window using your default email client instead - which you can set to be Outlook. If you'd like more help with this our support team will be more than happy to help just email [email protected].

Eduardo Joel

• Customer Support Software

The best CRM money can buy

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

excellent, anyone can use capsule and not just the super techies

excellent, anyone can use capsule and not just the super techies

Pros

The client management, and the ability to keep things easy to use and not over complicate day to day activities

Cons

The search bar feature could be improved as search key words rather than phrases

Response from Zestia

Hi Eduardo Joel,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Also, thanks for submitting your feedback regarding the search bar - I'll be sure to add your name against this as a feature request. Above all though, we're so glad to hear that you're finding Capsule easy to use.

A CRM for startups - everything you need and nothing you don’t

Reviewed on 05/01/2020

Pros

It is a highly customizable software CRM. Track every interaction with stakeholders using the web app, email plugins, and most importantly the iOS app! The app uses the cloud based client database as a sort of substitute for your phone’s address book, phone dialer, and portal to add client interactions. Best mobile app for a CRM platform!

Cons

It can be tricky linking interactions with multiple stakeholders.

Response from Zestia

Hi Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for your review of Capsule and your support - we're really glad you like the mobile app. As for linking interactions with multiple stakeholders, if we can understand a little more about how you want interactions linked we may be able to offer some options or understand whether there are some ways we can amend Capsule. If you can write to us directly at [email protected] then our support team will be able to help you out.

Jessica

Great value to our business

Reviewed on 26/02/2023

Pros

Easy to use and easy to learn, this has been a game changer for us. We used to keep everything written down or online in customer files but that made it hard to find details when needed. Now we can search on our computers or if out on site easily look it up on the app

Cons

We are happy with how this software has fit into our business and the simplicity of it

Response from Zestia

Hi Jessica,

It's great that Capsule has been a game changer for you - we're really happy to hear that it's helping your business!

Eric

Nice Cloud Directory Platform

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Pros

-Easy to use and navigate
-Custom tags for customers
-Phone app for iOS work well

Cons

-Importing contacts from office 365 or Gsuite would be handy
-Had an issue with Android app where it took nearly 10 minutes syncing the contacts when I tried to open the app, I needed the information asap as I was stranded outside an office which was inconvenient

Mauk
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

• Customer Support Software

Go for it and keep track of all your contacts for years!

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Pros

Ease of use and complete history of all my contacts over years.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. So keep this up!

Response from Zestia

Hi Mauk,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review - we're happy that you find Capsule easy to use and that it helps you to keep track of your contacts!

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Capsule CRM !!!

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

Overall awesome experience

Overall awesome experience

Pros

- Excellent tool for managing sale leads
- Easy to use GUI
- Easy customer communication tracking with leads
- Task delegation to team
- Easy sale pipelines management
- Integration with help desk portals
- Integrations with G Suite

Cons

- No integration with Office 365
- No mass mailouts in capsule for marketing purpose
- Free trail requires credit card which isn't good

Arlène
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A simple but powerful CRM platform

Reviewed on 14/08/2021

Pros

The one thing I like the most about Capsule is its simplicity. It might not have all the "bells and whistles" that other CRM platforms have but it does its job.

The sales pipeline, for example, it is very good because it is intuitive and gives you the key information you need for lead generation and sales – including clear analytics that show you how things have been going.

Another thing I am a fan of are Capsule's tasks and their automation. Simply lay out a process and break it into steps, or tasks, and have each one become active once the task that came before has been completed. For me, a mobile app is something I always look at when picking up a tool, so it was great to see that Capsule does have one, which means that I can work even when I am not at my computer.

Cons

While Capsule has a free plan, it comes with a contacts limit that you are likely going to hit in a few months. This may not seem like a problem when you are getting started but it may turn out to be a bit of an issue if you decide to opt for a different CRM solution and need to migrate everything from Capsule.

Also, keep in mind that Capsule might not have some features you may want a CRM to have so I would suggest looking at its features list carefully before signing up.

Response from Zestia

Hi Arlene,

Thanks for writing a review about Capsule. We really love hearing how our customers appreciate how simple and intuitive it is to use. I'll be sure to let the team know the mobile app and the tasks features are really useful to you!

Edo
  • Industry: Building Materials

Finaly a solution for my needs!

Reviewed on 13/04/2017

For last few years I had a problem with my comunication with old and new clients. Too many pressure and too much information noise casued a problem of following up possible new clients and opportunities.
My first solution was standard PIM software. Soon I discovered that only part of my problems were solved. Problems that become so evident were following up new opportunities and contacts history. I found some other partial solutions for these problems but was necessary to work, mantain and balance with diferent solutions, multiple insertions of same data and so on. Looking for better solution I got to start with some offline CRM solutions, and I tested several ones. Every program had some part that were interesting to me but neither had all of options that I was looking for. Some prgrams were fantastic but expensive or they needed dedicatd servers. Most of them had so many options that I don't need for my work and can be applied in some other sectors.
Finally, on one webpage that was doing reviews of buisiness software there was a list of several on-line CRM solutions and so I decided to try some of them. As 3rd, or 4th, started with CAPSULE CRM.
Everything that I needed was there: database of contacts, history (well done), opportunities,...Also flexibility for procedures and all sorf of extra activities was there. PERFECT. Mobile apps is must have when You are out of the office.
Today on my computers 2 web pages are always ON during work time: webmail and CAPSULE.

Pros

Free version is mostly perfect for my needs. Contacts database, contacts history, opportunities creating and following, procedure design and editor, flexibility.

Cons

Free version have a limit to 250 contacts.

Mark
  • Industry: Sports

• Customer Support Software

Needed convincing to use Capsule, but no a convert!

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Pros

Honestly, I was sceptical about using Capsule when it first came along. I couldn’t see how tracking tasks or cases could benefit my work. I saw it as another thing I had to do, day to day. I thought the main reason for getting it was to track the relationships, conversations and connections between partners. Since I’ve been using Capsule, I’ve found it really useful for those things. I can check who and what people have been talking to partners about and I can use it to track my own conversations with partners. It’s like creating a story of those relationships. I still don’t use the tasks or cases, but maybe that will come at some point

Cons

As above.
In addition, I would like a feature where you can search for a contact and then add them to a list without having to create a task or tag. That would be good.

Response from Zestia

Hi Mark,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review. We're glad that we've won you over and that you're finding Capsule useful. Also, thanks for your suggestion about searching and adding contacts to lists - I've added you as a +1 for this feature request.

Relatively Robust, and Affordable!

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros

Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons

Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts.

Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

Graham

A really great CRM

Reviewed on 14/08/2020

FANTASTIC!

FANTASTIC!

Pros

Basically I LOVE it as it is so easy to use, the drag and drop on the Calendar (for those times when you just can't get it all done on the day) is so very useful.

Cons

I may be asking too much (or maybe not using it as I could) but I would love to be able to track a work on a project after the deal has been won, a sort of mini project management facility. I may be able to do this with the software as it is - to be honest I am still learning how to use it - but if it were there it would help. But that's me wanting to improve on excellence!

Response from Zestia

Hi Graham,

Thanks for writing a review - we're glad you like Capsule. Just wanted to jump in and offer you some ideas for post-sale. You might like to create a Case. Cases are essentially a storage area for everything to do with a particular project or event. We have a support doc that covers Cases in more detail here https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. You could create a Case for each won Opportunity as a way of keeping everything to do with a particular project together, whether this be notes, files or emails. The great thing with Cases is they can be linked directly to an Opportunity so it's really clear which Opportunity a Case relates to. Do you think Cases could work well for you? If not you might also want to look in to Tracks. Tracks are a sequence of tasks to be completed, which could work really well if you tend to carry out the same post sale actions as they could help to streamline your workflow.

Nicky
  • Industry: Wholesale

• Customer Support Software

An excellent tool for the small SME

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

We have been using it for over five years and it is invaluable to us as a resource in managing the business.

Pros

Ease of use, especially the mobile app which you can update and access easily when on the move.

Cons

I would like to be able to send emails with attachments from Capsule directly, that is the feature I need the most which is not available.

Response from Zestia

Hi there Nicky,

Thanks for writing a review about Capsule. It's great to hear that you think Capsule is a great tool for SME and is invaluable for your business. Regarding being able to send email with attachments - would you be able to email our support team at [email protected] and they'll add that as a feature request against your account?

Mary Lou

Capsule is Easy to use.

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

We use this data base daily, to track many type of entries. The note and task features are very helpful. It is a very detailed data base but very easy to use.

Pros

That it is easy to use, has many fields and ways to enter data. Being able to enter notes is a great help. Ease of finding people or companies in the data base and link people to companies.

Cons

We aren't able to create emails with graphics to send to mass mailing with ease.

Response from Zestia

Hi Mary Lou,

Chloe from Capsule here. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about Capsule. We're glad that you're finding it easy to use and that the features are helpful!

Prathamesh
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

A complete CRM with Easy to Use and Simplicity.

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

For an Architectural Firm like ours, it is minimalist and not complicated. Workflow is natural and well organized. Fun to work on. It gives a clear big as well as a micro picture of the overall business development efforts.

Pros

The ability to plan & track activity for contacts is what attracted me to Capsule CRM. The feature to add Tracks to Leads is a winner! It's clean and clutter-free. It is easy to use and not overwhelming.

Cons

The dashboard can show more reports. The activity of Pipeline Track should show up on Dashboard. Should be able to add notes to the reason for Won or Lost Leads.

Response from Zestia

Hi Prathamesh,

Thanks so much for writing a review. We're so glad you're finding Capsule easy-to use. It's always our aim to give our customers a great user experience without compromising on features. As for the dashboard - you're not the first one to ask for more customisation there, so what I've done is added your name against this feature request so if we do develop this we'll let you know. While you can't add notes directly against a won or lost reason you still can add notes to the opportunity if you want to record more details and once the opportunity is closed you can still add tasks for example if you wanted to follow up again at a later date. I know it's not exactly what you were asking for but it could still help to record extra tasks/notes. I hope that helps you out and once again thanks for taking the time to share feedback.

Fritz
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great CRM for B2B relations

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Fantastic. Enter customer data once migrates automatically to xero for invoicing and manages our mailing lists in mail chimp.

Pros

Its easy to use free of feature creep that so many CRM suffer from. We are a B2B business and Capsule does everything you want it to do. The support is fantastic and really needs 10 stars not 5. Its easy to configure has all the integrations with Xero and mail chimp we need and its fast.

Cons

Some of the fields require opening and saving as opposed to modern just enter fields.

David

Thoughts and opinions on Capsule CRM

Reviewed on 12/06/2022

The Free CRM segment of this market is flooded with products which promise a lot but deliver very little - then attempt to extort money for what was billed as a free service. Capsule's most redeeming feature is that it works and it really is free to use - integrity like this is a BIG plus for a business like ours.

Pros

I like the fact that it's very easy to set up. Adding new contacts and their respective organizations is swift and seamless. What I like most about Capsule is that it is a proper CRM system which is made available to small businesses free of charge - when we've grown enough to warrant spending money on CRM - Capsule has already crossed the finishing line.

Cons

There are some GUI flaws which make navigation a little difficult, but these are merely tweaks to what is a robust and simple-to-use system.

Response from Zestia

Hi David,

Chloe from Capsule here. We're really pleased to hear that you're enjoying using Capsule and that it's helpful for your business.

Rebecca

Super helpful!

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Pros

The UI/UX is exactly what we needed!

This software brings together our sales and marketing department and shows transparently and where we are in the business - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

There is nothing that we wish we had or could improve on :-)

Response from Zestia

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for writing a review - I'll be sure to pass along your positive comments about the UI/UX to our designers.

Cecile
  • Industry: Market Research Software

A user-friendly CRM

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Pros

Very useful for contact management, also to manage opportunities and tasks

Cons

Easier integration with MS Outlook to save "sent" emails

Response from Zestia

Hi Cecile,

Thanks for reviewing Capsule. We're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule useful for managing contacts, opportunities and tasks. As for an integration with MS Outlook while it's not currently available it's very much on our radar for future enhancements.

Harry

Great lightweight CRM

Reviewed on 07/11/2016

Capsule CRM is a great lightweight CRM which lets you get started straight away. It's simple to set up and a very good CRM when you're first getting started.

It's got great integrations between systems, a hook up to XERO which is very handy to see invoices that are attached to the client.

The other great part is the custom functionality you can build into the system, it takes a little bit of time but its really worth it.

The only thing that stops me from using it now is it's not a marketing automation tool and our business needs a crm+MA in one software.

Very little Setup
Great integrations

Cons

Not a marketing automation + CRM

Anne

• Customer Support Software

Great to get back to Capsule

Reviewed on 21/08/2022

One of relief. It works and it works well and has plenty of flexibility

One of relief. It works and it works well and has plenty of flexibility

Pros

I used Capsule maybe 5 years ago managing my own small client base. Now I'm working with a small non-profit that has 100s of contacts we need to manage and track. After trying a couple of the biggies I was so glad to get back to Capsule! It's even better than I remember

Cons

I want a magic genie that will enter all my data while I take a nap!

Response from Zestia

Hi Anne,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed review - it really helps our team when we receive first-hand feedback as well as helping other business owners figure out if it's right for them. We're so happy to hear that you had a great experience with Capsule first time around and chose Capsule to help you manage and track contacts with the non-profit. We're very happy to hear that it's better than you remember it!

Ricardo
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

• Customer Support Software

Capsule has streamlined our business opportunity process

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

We use it daily, and we are working fine with Capsule.

We use it daily, and we are working fine with Capsule.

Pros

The product is very easy tu use, contacts, organizations, oportunities and case management is intuitive and effective.

Cons

1. I would like the contacts capture be automated with some data from the contact´s organization. It is not easy to repeat the capture of the address, phone information on each contac, considering that it could be extracted from the contact´s organization.

2. I would like to have an spanish version.

Response from Zestia

Hi Ricardo,

Chloe from Capsule here. It's great to hear that Capsule has streamlined your business. Unfortunately you can't auto-populate fields based on a contact's organization however you can link a contact and organization if that helps? Also, I'll make a note of the fact that you've asked for a Spanish-language version and add it to our feature requests. Aside from that, we're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule easy to use.